A New Tales from the Borderlands Game Announced for 2022 from Gearbox and 2K, Full Reveal Summer

Comments

• I am not excited for this...

• Man I oughta be hyped with caution on this one. I need to know the actual cast is returning for this one, and I need to know who the writers are before I can be happy or depressed.

• edited April 21

A Tales sequel made by Gearbox

This is the most chaotic timeline of all time

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

From the sounds of the tweet, it's a brand new cast of characters

captainivy1 posted: »

Man I oughta be hyped with caution on this one. I need to know the actual cast is returning for this one, and I need to know who the writers are before I can be happy or depressed.

Weird seeing an announcement of a continuation for one of my favorite games of all time and feeling... nothing because it's Gearbox. I'm willing to give it a shot if the eventual reveal trailer indicates a higher writing quality than Borderlands 3 was, but I am sceptical.

• New cast of characters, no returning ones it looks like, so don't have to worry about that.

Man I oughta be hyped with caution on this one. I need to know the actual cast is returning for this one, and I need to know who the writers are before I can be happy or depressed.

• Oof. Got really worried when I saw the news, but fortunately it seems like it'll have entirely new cast. Gearbox can ruin their own new characters, I don't care. Just leave the Telltale ones alone. (Unless they somehow get the original writers on board, but that's wishful thinking lel)

Doesn't discount cameos from old characters.

Pipas posted: »

Oof. Got really worried when I saw the news, but fortunately it seems like it'll have entirely new cast. Gearbox can ruin their own new char

• They can't ruin them too much if they are just cameos, right?

dojo32161 posted: »

Doesn't discount cameos from old characters.

God I'm still so pissed at what they did to Cassius and Vaughn.

Pipas posted: »

They can't ruin them too much if they are just cameos, right?

• Tales From The Borderlands is one of my favourite games of all time. I really hope this is good.

• If I had a nickel for every unexpected piece of telltale related news this week, I’d have two nickels.

Which isn’t a lot, but it’s weird that it happened twice, right?

• edited April 21

me after several insane rants for months later

• God I hope it's a new cast, the originals have been butchered enough...

• edited April 21

YOU DID THIS

Poogers555 posted: »

me after several insane rants for months later

• I was simply the messenger bearing a warning

lupinb0y posted: »

YOU DID THIS

• Hyped with caution... I like that.

What do we think they might call this?

Tales from the Borderlands 2?
    Tales from the Borderlands: Subtitle?
    Further Tales from the Borderlands?

I guess we won't know till they fully reveal it, but at the moment it seems like it's own thing.
    I wonder how they'll keep the original gameplay or mechanics intact (or, recreate it - since they definitely don't have the Telltale Tool)

• edited April 21

Since it'll be a new cast it'll probably be Tales from the Borderlands: [Insert subtitle here].

I wonder how they'll keep the original gameplay or mechanics intact (or, recreate it - since they definitely don't have the Telltale Tool)

In the presentation they confirmed that the new game would have the same gameplay style as the original.

AChicken posted: »

Hyped with caution... I like that. What do we think they might call this? Tales from the Borderlands 2? Tales from the Borderlands: S

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

It might be good but i think it would be hard to surpass the first game.

Kind of telling that the reaction to this announcement has been the exact same everywhere I look.

• Kind of hard to surpass a practically perfect game. If its even half as good I'll be pleasantly surprised.

OzzyUK posted: »

It might be good but i think it would be hard to surpass the first game.

• HOW THE HELL DID IT TAKE ALMOST A WEEK FOR THIS NEWS TO REACH ME 💀

• No need to be disappointed because these news aren't exciting whatsoever.

HOW THE HELL DID IT TAKE ALMOST A WEEK FOR THIS NEWS TO REACH ME 💀

Sign in to comment in this discussion.