Life Is Strange - True Colors Out Now, Bonus Episode "Wavelengths" September 30th

Comments

• I've got mixed feelings about this, I'll buy it however im hoping its more than just an interactive movie. For example I loved Heavy rain however thought beyond two souls was meh for that reason, there has to be some draw.

Also the references to being like Gone home fill me with a bit of dread what a load of trash that was.

• Looks like my kind of game!

• edited January 2015

It looks really good, it seems like it might take a while to get interesting though.

• edited January 2015

Look! :)

"Life Is Strange" This is a new 5-episodic game from the studio Dontnod Entertainment Games with company Square Enix.

It will be available on January 30!

Alt text

Life is Strange is a five part episodic game that sets out to revolutionise story based choice and consequence games by allowing the player to rewind time and affect the past, present and future. You are Max, a photography senior who saves her old friend Chloe by discovering she can rewind time. The pair soon find themselves exposed to the darker side of Arcadia Bay as they uncover the disturbing truth behind the sudden disappearance of a fellow student. Meanwhile, Max begins to have premonitions as she struggles to understand the implications of her power. She must quickly learn that changing the past can sometimes lead to a devastating future.

Alt text

Alt text

Alt text

Alt text

Alt text

Alt text

Alt text

Alt text

Alt text

Alt text

Alt text

Alt text

Alt text

Alt text

Alt text

Alt text

• A beautifully written modern adventure game.
    • Rewind time to change the course of events.
    • Multiple endings depending on the choices you make.
    • Striking, hand-painted visuals.
    • Distinct, licensed indie soundtrack.

Life is Strange

Life is Strange. Gameplay

Pre-order in STEAM

• I thought this was interesting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJek5n3uAL0

dojo32161 posted: »

I thought this was interesting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJek5n3uAL0

• Looks like sometĥng really dark and depressing, and I'm not good with games like that.

• Infamous doesn't have any blood and they are one of the best games of the PS3

VectorXP posted: »

Let's see u.u

• Yeah I watched it. Very good video.

dojo32161 posted: »

I thought this was interesting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJek5n3uAL0

• I've seen people knock this on Facebook, especially Final Fantasy fans who want older games remastered or people who are demanding Dragon Quest. Because they want those, they are hating on Life is Strange. They should give it a chance.

• Don't even pay attention to Facebook comments. They're just as worse as Youtube comments sometimes, lol.

I've seen people knock this on Facebook, especially Final Fantasy fans who want older games remastered or people who are demanding Dragon Quest. Because they want those, they are hating on Life is Strange. They should give it a chance.

• Yeah I know I just get tired of people who express opinions like facts. Arrogant people.

Don't even pay attention to Facebook comments. They're just as worse as Youtube comments sometimes, lol.

• Disappointment is a understatement.

I'm thinking Dead Island- after you find out what the game is really about.

The Trailer was amazing.

Click here

I agree. The Evil Within was a disappointment.

• I knew it was going to be bad, It sure looked like it to me.

I agree. The Evil Within was a disappointment.

• when gone home meets the walking dead with time travel

nopenopenopenope

• Seems like a good game but I don't tend to get hyped. Who knows it might turn out to be a disaster.

• I'm sick of games being remastered and remade and the same stuff every year. We need more new IP games like this instead of the same stuff every year.

I've seen people knock this on Facebook, especially Final Fantasy fans who want older games remastered or people who are demanding Dragon Quest. Because they want those, they are hating on Life is Strange. They should give it a chance.

• The more the game gets closer the more I get hyped. I can't believe I'm saying it, but i think it is officially the game I'm absolutely most hyped for this year right now. I hope it turns out good.

• Well Telltale wasn't the first company to do episodic games, but i think I get what your saying.

ralo229 posted: »

While I do hate that they're sort of ripping off Telltale's formula of a five episode series, I'm still gonna get this game for sure.

• Definitely disagree. I bought Evil Within two weeks ago and I am absolutely loving it.

CrazyGeorge posted: »

Case in point The Evin Within As of Chapter 6 i think I'm at, that game's story is GARBAGE.

• Technically Walking dead and other TT series are almost like interactive movies.

I've got mixed feelings about this, I'll buy it however im hoping its more than just an interactive movie. For example I loved Heavy rain ho

• I absolutely agree.

I'm sick of games being remastered and remade and the same stuff every year. We need more new IP games like this instead of the same stuff every year.

• Wow.. This looks so good but I know it'll break my heart x) Anyway.. I can't wait to play it!

• Man
    Gotta get dis

• I going to keep an eye on this. I hope the writing is strong and the characters are relateble. :)

• The story is amazing.

Definitely disagree. I bought Evil Within two weeks ago and I am absolutely loving it.

• any idea when people can pre order this for psn fans?

• Well I've asked them and they said it would be available closer to the release date.

any idea when people can pre order this for psn fans?

• Alt text

I'm sick of games being remastered and remade and the same stuff every year. We need more new IP games like this instead of the same stuff every year.

• That was amazing question dodging on their part.

Well I've asked them and they said it would be available closer to the release date.

• Yeah well they just aren't so sure I guess. It all depends on when Sony gives it the green light?

Viva-La-Lee posted: »

That was amazing question dodging on their part.

• One week to go. Also, I found this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgqMNtEQvcE

• Wow, never even heard of this game until today. Watched the trailer and Developer Diary and I'm officially hyped! The only episodic games I've played before are the ones by Telltale, so it'll be interesting to finally play one from a different studio. Nice to see that it's only a week away as well.

• I'm probably gonna get this like I've been saying, but I'll probably wait for reviews first.

• Nah, I don't need a text for this video.

Just found... Looks like the creator of the game is fan of telltale.

• I don't think anyone posted this so.... here is a Reddit AMA they just did.

Lots of interesting things said :D

http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/2tu8zx/life_is_strange_reddit_ama_with_the_dontnod_team/

• I'm honestly mixed so far based on these 20 minutes. It has some interesting ideas but the dialogue and sort of stilted voice acting is not that great. Hopefully the rest of the episode can make me eat my words.

VectorXP posted: »

Nah, I don't need a text for this video. Just found... Looks like the creator of the game is fan of telltale.

• New screens! *__*

Alt text

Alt text

Alt text

Alt text

Alt text

Alt text

Alt text

Alt text

• Great news guys and girls who were maybe undecided on whether to get this or not. The first review has come out and it says the game it great!

http://www.xboxachievements.com/game/life-is-strange-xbox-one/review/

Sign in to comment in this discussion.