Book of fables and achievements doesn't work in TWAU

Background information:
-This was played on a windows 8 pc.
-I played the steam version.
-I have fixed the save file issue, but not the issue with the book of fables and achievements.
-I have unistalled and re-installed without any help.

After playing in like 60 min I got blue screen with the failure "DPC Watchdog Violation".
I was in the middle of chasing Dee, but my pc restarted. So I was curious about what happend to my save file and then this happend.
It was no option to continue where i started, all of my achievements and the book of fables was gone, and i got a new save file that stod "1 march, 5:30 pm 2013" The game wasn't even released back then.

The more weird part was the how the chapter's was placed. It was first chapter 2, then 4, then 1 and so on, but if i tried to click on one of the chapters i ended up at begining of the game.
So i just played, and it stood that I got book of fables.

I paused the game an checked. I had unlocked The woodsman, but the rest in chapter 1 was gone! (I mean the books of Bigby, FableTown and the glamour.)

I did keep playing and noticed i got a new fable book. I checked it out and suddenly The woodsman book i gone, and the only book i see i the one of beast.
I think whatever book i unlocked it gets locked right after the scene it's been showing on screen or gets "deleted" when i get a new book.

I read that TTG was gonna fix it when episode 2 came out, but i bought the game while it was out so the issue is still there.

And the thing about changing username on the pc to something from "a-z" so doesn't that help. My username is "Stian" and i read you can use caps lock.
I also read that TTG and steam's sky support isn't that good either.
So if I have to wait until next episode for it to be fixed I am gonna be a bit sad, but then I can't say that i have nothing to play so.

I love TTG, and the way they make games, but this is destroying my gaming experience :(
But i still love ya!
-Stian

Comments

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

I apologize for the inconvenience. Unfortunately it sounds like your save file may have been corrupted. I recommend uninstalling the game, and deleting any and all game files associated with The Wolf Among Us. Then reinstall the game, and make sure that you do not have Steam Cloud saves enabled for the game. (To do this, after reinstalling the game, please right click on the game inside your Steam Library, and click on Properties. Then within the Properties Menu, click on the Updates tab and at the bottom under the Steam Cloud section, make sure that Steam Cloud is disabled. Then launch the game, and your issue should be resolved.

• I am going to give it a try.
    Thank you ;D

I apologize for the inconvenience. Unfortunately it sounds like your save file may have been corrupted. I recommend uninstalling the game, and

• It worked :D

Thank you!

I apologize for the inconvenience. Unfortunately it sounds like your save file may have been corrupted. I recommend uninstalling the game, and

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

You're welcome, enjoy the game!

StianiNorge posted: »

It worked Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.