The Wolf Among Us Can't Communicate with Telltale Servers

Is anyone else having problems when they download TWAU getting passed the main screen? I keep getting an error that the game cannot connect to the Telltale servers, even though I have internet connection and was able to download the game without any problems!

Any help to get this working would be much appreciated!

Comments

• та же херня

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

Please try logging in using your username (not e-mail address) and password.
    If that doesn't work please change your password on the settings page, and only use the characters from the set A-Z a-z 0-9 in the new password. Then try logging in with username and password again.

• I bought the game today, Have the same issue :(
    Changing the pass didn't help... any advise???

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

I apologize for the inconvenience. Please try launching The Wolf Among Us again, and you should be able to login after a few attempts. You may want to try alternating between your Username and Email address.

If you have played The Walking Dead and are now trying to play The Wolf Among Us, but your account fails to login, please select Sign Out, and log in again. If the game fails to authenticate, Exit the game and relaunch. You should now be able to connect without having to login.

Please also make sure your password ONLY contains a-z, A-Z, and 0-9 and no other characters. If you have any "!" or "&" or any other different characters, please change your password on our website, and you should then be able to then login to The Wolf Among Us.

Lastly, this may be an issue with your registry. Please open a command window. (Below are instructions on how to open a command window)

Windows XP: Go to your start menu and click on run. Type in "cmd" and press enter

Windows Vista / 7: Press the Windows key. Type in "cmd" and press enter

Windows 8: At the start screen, type in "cmd" and press enter

Then copy the command line below and paste it into the command window, press enter, and confirm the question (to confirm the question, type “y” and press enter):

REG DELETE "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Telltale Games\Launcher”

(Please make sure when you copy the above text that you do not copy a space before or after the text, as that will produce an error message)

Please then try launching The Wolf Among Us again.

zeroxenator posted: »

I bought the game today, Have the same issue Changing the pass didn't help... any advise???

This discussion has been closed.