Another Dangeresque Game!

Videlectrix has struck back against Telltale's uncooperativeness by releasing their own Dangeresque game! I present to you:

Dangeresque Roomisode 1: Behind the Dangerdesque

picture.php?albumid=157&pictureid=870

edit: I linked straight to the .swf file, the standalone page don't like me.

Comments

• edited November 2008
    He fights the law
    But he also fights the crime
    But not as much
    Dangerdesque

With an ashtray at one side
    He'll have an ashtray at one side
    Dangerdesque
    (Dangerdesque)

He's got some Chinese sauce
    And he keeps it on top of a safe
    With some takeout
    Dangerdesque
    (Some takeout)

Okay, now it's become silly.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2008
    Maaan I did all 3 things to "solve" the case, got 170/170 points, and Dangeresque is still claiming he has more to do before he'll take down the case file. Dunno, man.

Otherwise this is pretty sweet. Brings me back!

edit: replayed it, doing things in a slightly different order, and it worked. Sweet. Nice closing cutscene thing.
  • edited November 2008
    how do you make physical evidence
  • edited November 2008
    jodafire wrote: »
    how do you make physical evidence

Drink the coffee, eat the takeout and use the chair.
  • edited November 2008
    thank you
    my mate
  • edited November 2008
    Was short... but Fun :)
  • edited November 2008
    Looks like Jonathan Howe is back in his old role a programmer-type man. So when's he going to make Stinkoman 20X6 Level 10 already? Maybe they'll do it to help promote 8-Bit is Enough, which stars Stinkoman.

Also, they'd better make more than one of these roomisodes.
  • edited November 2008
    hmm, i don't know, if i want more episodes...but this one was really neat. i liked the videlectrix logo in the style of the old lucasfilm games logo.
    great, retro style game...but, as jake already mentioned, it has a few flaws. i wonder how long it took them chaps to make it.
  • edited November 2008
    You know, Lucasarts could WANT to release Sam & Max Hit the Road if they wanted to, but they need the clearance to put it on WiiWare!
  • edited November 2008
    how do i get photographic evedence?
  • edited December 2008
    I just completed it. Fantastic game, and In my opinion one of the best Videlectrix games. I just wish it had voice acting, though that would be distinctly un-videlectrix.
    I totally hope there's another 'Roomisode' of this.
  • edited December 2008
    The ol' pixel men are advancing!

But not good enough, they are.
  • edited December 2008
    how do i get photographic evedence?

Simple enough, I'll just outright say it. I don't feel like doing the progressive hints.
    You have to get the safe open, there's a camera in there. Open the window and use the camera. What do you see? El dumpo. If you can make it look like that waste of space is being attacked, what would you use? Hey that chinese box has a dude kicking, just put that on the windowsill. Then pop a picture.

There we go.

150 posts?!?!?! I need a hobby.

edit: just out of sheer curiosity, is anyone else having troubles going to http://www.homestarrunner.com/dangeresque.html ? instead of .swf?
  • edited December 2008
    I've been hoping they'd do a game like this. Awesome.
  • edited December 2008
    ENDING (spoilers!)
    After getting all the evidence, you have to play a mini-game where you stamp on SOLVED while trying to get the UN- part out. Doing it wrong results in a game over, but clicking anywhere on the screen will take you back to the office. Doing it right results in an end cutscene where the Chief realizes that the photo is false. Luckily, Dangeresque has to jump...out the window, but succsessfully avoids suicide.
  • edited December 2008
    If you have trouble getting through use this.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2008
    ENDING (spoilers!)
    After getting all the evidence, you have to play a mini-game where you stamp on SOLVED while trying to get the UN- part out. Doing it wrong results in a game over, but clicking anywhere on the screen will take you back to the office. Doing it right results in an end cutscene where the Chief realizes that the photo is false. Luckily, Dangeresque has to jump...out the window, but succsessfully avoids suicide.

You can also do that first.
  • edited December 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    You can also do that first.

I'm unsure about this, because when I did it first at the end Dangeresque didn't say it was finished so I had to start over.
  • edited December 2008
    Yellowtail wrote: »
    I'm unsure about this, because when I did it first at the end Dangeresque didn't say it was finished so I had to start over.

I did the stamp before I added the other stuff, still got finished after I did the other two. I just "used" the casefile after I was finished, if my sleep-deprived memory serves me correctly.
  • edited December 2008
    Also having a score of OVER 9000 - 8830 will result in the game not being able to progress. So if you more than once do certain actions which get you extra points everytime it's done (like revealing something, or revealing something), you won't be able to end the game.
  • edited December 2008
    There are three different "game over" endings:
    Talk to the door three times.
    Try to use the door three times.
    Fail the stamp mini-game.

Also:
    Try to talk to yourself three times.
  • edited December 2008
    At what point do you have to talk to yourself?
  • edited December 2008
    Holyxion wrote: »
    At what point do you have to talk to yourself?

Usually I do when nobody else agrees with me. Or if nobody is listening. Or if I want more Zyprexa.

Oh, you meant Strong Bad. My bad. I guess that would be when you're just looking for funny stuff you wouldn't usually see.
  • edited December 2008
    And what point does talking to yourself get you a game over, then?
  • edited December 2008
    Yeah I didn't get a game over either. Pretty funny dialogue, though.

edit: I don't think the poster was saying that it does kill you, he only outlined the 3. I think he was just saying that its interesting.
  • edited December 2008
    Could be, the dialog is pretty good.
  • edited December 2008
    I managed to lose (but then go back) by pouring coffee on the case file! That was a funny cutscene type thing.
  • edited December 2008
    And what point does talking to yourself get you a game over, then?

I meant, I said "Also". I meant it for "do it for fun", not for game over. If it was for game over, I'd put it there. Er. Sorry.

Before you throw wine bottles at me though, here's two other game overs:
    Use the coffee on the case file.
    Use the Chinese Take Out Food on the case file.

So, right now, a total of 5 Game Overs, 1 legit ending, for a total of 6 ENDINGS!
  • edited December 2008
    Could this be Videlectrix's attempt to "strike back"? They're taking the general idea of Dangeresque 3 and making a game of their own, possibly as *cough* competition? Huh. Well, at least it's fun.
  • edited December 2008
    That means, it's not only as "Competition" against TellTale Games, but also as a way of hyping us all for 8-Bit is Enough, by releasing a new Roomisode, each week.
  • edited December 2008
    That means, it's not only as "Competition" against TellTale Games, but also as a way of hyping us all for 8-Bit is Enough, by releasing a new Roomisode, each week.

I don't know about each week, but I do hope they make at least a few more of these little things. The next one will involve an ashtray! Hint of progression of story with objects found in game. I say Videlectrix wins.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2008
    I did all three things but Dangeresque still says the case file is incomplete and won't take it off the wall. Who QA tested this game?! :p
  • edited December 2008
    Emily wrote: »
    I did all three things but Dangeresque still says the case file is incomplete and won't take it off the wall. Who QA tested this game?! :p

Well, there ARE only 2 workers.
  • edited December 2008
    You probably just did something out of order and it glitched, if you finished with 170+ points or placed the whoozit last for example.
  • edited December 2008
    According to HRWiki, there are several goofs that have since been fixed, including one that prevented the player from winning if they completed the whoozit item last.

This was an awesome little diversion and I would LOVE to see an entire game done in that style. (Big fan of the old LucasArts adventure games.)
  • edited December 2008
    Emily wrote: »

did you put the barf and the picture ON the casefile?
  • edited December 2008
    I find it interesting that two guys can make a fully enjoyable 20 minute game. How very interesting! I guess that means that you only need one person on your staff for every 10 minutes of gameplay.
  • edited December 2008
    i think there were actually three guys working on it...check the ending sequence.
  • edited December 2008
    okay then, 7 minutes of gameplay per person who worked on it
  • edited December 2008
    I hope it's actually episodic (or roomisodic). That was fun and I'm hungry...for MORE!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.