Login error

I have just downloaded the wolf among us but it doesn´t work. When I log in inside the game it says there is a login error because it can´t communicate with telltale servers. Please help me I have never played telltale games before and I don´t know how to solve this problem.

Comments

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

I apologize for the inconvenience. Please try launching The Wolf Among Us again, and you should be able to login after a few attempts. You may want to try alternating between your Username and Email address.

If you have played The Walking Dead and are now trying to play The Wolf Among Us, but your account fails to login, please select Sign Out, and log in again. If the game fails to authenticate, Exit the game and relaunch. You should now be able to connect without having to login.

Please also make sure your password ONLY contains a-z, A-Z, and 0-9 and no other characters. If you have any "!" or "&" or any other different characters, please change your password on our website, and you should then be able to then login to The Wolf Among Us.

Lastly, this may be an issue with your registry. Please open a command window. (Below are instructions on how to open a command window)

Windows XP: Go to your start menu and click on run. Type in "cmd" and press enter

Windows Vista / 7: Press the Windows key. Type in "cmd" and press enter

Windows 8: At the start screen, type in "cmd" and press enter

Then copy the command line below and paste it into the command window, press enter, and confirm the question (to confirm the question, type “y” and press enter):

REG DELETE "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Telltale Games\Launcher”

(Please make sure when you copy the above text that you do not copy a space before or after the text, as that will produce an error message)

Please then try launching The Wolf Among Us again.

• I have the same problem, only that I have tried these steps and still not gotten to play the game yet :) Any suggestions?

I apologize for the inconvenience. Please try launching The Wolf Among Us again, and you should be able to login after a few attempts. You ma

My apologies, can you please clarify if you have any anti-virus or internet firewall programs open that may be blocking the game from communicating with the servers successfully?

Majere posted: »

I have the same problem, only that I have tried these steps and still not gotten to play the game yet Any suggestions?

• I disabled the firewall to make sure it would not interfere. I have no anti-virus at the moment either, so I am not sure if I might have overlooked something else?

If you have tried the registry delete using the above command line, did you get an error message in return, or did it complete successfully? If you received an error message, I recommend trying the above workaround again, and this time, try typing the command line into the command window one letter/symbol at a time, then hit enter. Your command line should then complete successfully, and you will then be able to properly communicate with our servers. I apologize for any difficulties this has caused you.

I disabled the firewall to make sure it would not interfere. I have no anti-virus at the moment either, so I am not sure if I might have overlooked something else?

• Alright. I had an error first during the command line. Then I wrote it one letter and symbol at a time, and it worked successfully. I started the game up again, but it would still not communicate with the servers.

This is the first game I bought from Telltalegames, so I do not have the walking dead (yet).
    My password goes in the manner like ZzzXxxxx0 so I think it is like it should.
    I`ve used the Command Window successfully, and wrote in "Yes" to it afterwards as instructed.
    REG DELETE "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Telltale Games\Launcher” (had to copy the / sign)

I got an windows 8, disabled my firewall and have checked that I do not have any antivirus (have not renewed it yet)

No worries though, I understand that things like this can happen. Got any ideas though what might do it so it will not connect?

If you have tried the registry delete using the above command line, did you get an error message in return, or did it complete successfully?

If you were able to input the registry delete command line successfully, you should be able to log in and get into the game now. Please try alternating between your username and your email address, and also restarting your computer, and retrying to log in, and you should be able to get in.

Alright. I had an error first during the command line. Then I wrote it one letter and symbol at a time, and it worked successfully. I starte

If you can, please try logging into the game again, and you should be able to log in after a couple tries. We are currently looking further into the issue, and would like to see if you are now able to log in and communicate with the servers successfully.

Alright. I had an error first during the command line. Then I wrote it one letter and symbol at a time, and it worked successfully. I starte

This discussion has been closed.