Ep3 - Black squares

Hi all,

I'm experiencing black squares throughout episode 3.
Never had the issue with the previous episodes and neither with the Walking Dead series.
Black square covers my cursor, the play screen, missing tiles also it seems (ground), and the conversation menu is black out, although the white text is still visible.

System specs:
W7 64bit
i7 3770K @ 3.5
8g ram
AMD Radeon HD 7800 with latest drivers (non-beta)

Comments

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

I apologize for the inconvenience, please read this Sticky on how to run our Support Tool, and follow the steps to run the tool, and reply to this email with the download link copied and pasted into this reply. You can find the Sticky here:

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/51153/twau-support-tool

After receiving the information from your support tool, we will be able to assist you further.

• edited April 2014

yes I'm sorry, I missed the PC section, I already done so, followed the requirements and posted in the PC section!

in any case, here's the link once again: http://www.sendspace.com/file/fe97tf

I apologize for the inconvenience, please read this Sticky on how to run our Support Tool, and follow the steps to run the tool, and reply t

I apologize for the inconvenience. Below are a few possible solutions:

1) Ensure you have the latest drivers

2) Restart your system

3) Unplug your gamepad (and all other USB devices other than keyboard/mouse), unplug any speakers, and plug in headphones to the audio out jack.

4) Verify your cache if you purchased through Steam (https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335)

5) Run the game as admin

6) Run the game in compatibility mode (We recommend Windows 98/ME)

7) Reinstall the game

8) Make sure that the Steam application is not set to a compatibility mode (right click on steam and click properties, then check compatibility, and make sure that it is not checked to play in a different OS)

Svancara posted: »

yes I'm sorry, I missed the PC section, I already done so, followed the requirements and posted in the PC section! in any case, here's the link once again: http://www.sendspace.com/file/fe97tf

• edited April 2014

1) updated my drivers, you can see in the tool these are the latest versions

2) already done

3) I don't use a gamepad

4) bought through Telltale

5) will try

6) will also try

7) will try this

8) non-steam version

Thanks for the suggestions and will provide feedback when these steps have been performed.

EDIT: I would like to comment that this issue is present with someone else on this forum also, so I'm not entirely convinced the standard troubleshooting list you provided will be of any assistance.
    My best bet would be a reinstall.
    I find it rather curious that I only experience the issue with Episode 3, same with the other player on this forum.
    Oh well, will wait and see.

I apologize for the inconvenience. Below are a few possible solutions: 1) Ensure you have the latest drivers 2) Restart your system

My apologies. Please try the last few suggestions, and if you are still unable to resolve your issue, can you please provide a screenshot/image of what you are seeing in-game? It would be helpful to see what you are experiencing. If you are able to get a screenshot, please upload it to a file hosting website, and copy and paste the download link to the image in a reply to this thread, and we will be able to assist you further.

Svancara posted: »

1) updated my drivers, you can see in the tool these are the latest versions 2) already done 3) I don't use a gamepad 4) bought thr

• Reinstalling the game and redownloading the episodes, plus deleting the SyncFs file helped and the black squares are now gone and everything looks as it should be!

Downside is my savegames appear to be corrupt, as my game crashes when I try to launch it.
    Starting episode 3 from a blank savegame works, although I'm presuming the game takes default choices made? or how does that work exacly?
    Is there a way I can rename or remove certain savefiles to start episode 3 from scratch, using my previous save? perhaps that won't cause it to crash?

My apologies. Please try the last few suggestions, and if you are still unable to resolve your issue, can you please provide a screenshot/im

This discussion has been closed.