Everything appearing black in game

So I started episode 3, and the backgrounds and some of the objects are just black, I can see the characters fine but the backgrounds are just black. Objects like the keys or the photos also appear black. This only happens on episode 3.

I tried redownloading the game, running as admin, and checking my display drivers.

Comments

• I have the same issue =/

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

I apologize for the inconvenience, please read this Sticky on how to run our Support Tool, and follow the steps to run the tool, and reply to this email with the download link copied and pasted into this reply. You can find the Sticky here:

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/51153/twau-support-tool

After receiving the information from your support tool, we will be able to assist you further.

• I apologize for the inconvenience, please read this Sticky on how to run our Support Tool, and follow the steps to run the tool, and reply t

I apologize for the inconvenience. Below are a few possible solutions:

1) Ensure you have the latest drivers

2) Restart your system

3) Unplug your gamepad (and all other USB devices other than keyboard/mouse) and plug in headphones to the audio out jack.

4) Verify your cache if you purchased through Steam (https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335)

5) Run the game as admin

6) Run the game in compatibility mode (We recommend Windows 98/ME)

7) Reinstall the game

8) Make sure that the Steam application is not set to a compatibility mode (right click on steam and click properties, then check compatibility, and make sure that it is not checked to play in a different OS)

• I think the problem is that the episode was downloaded incorrectly, is there anyway I can force the game to redownload the episode?
    I already tried uninstalling and running the installer again.

I apologize for the inconvenience. Below are a few possible solutions: 1) Ensure you have the latest drivers 2) Restart your system

• edited April 2014

Repost

I apologize for the inconvenience. Below are a few possible solutions: 1) Ensure you have the latest drivers 2) Restart your system

You will have to uninstall the game, as well as delete the SyncFs folder from within Documents/Telltale Games/The Wolf Among Us/ folder. Then reinstall the game, and try starting Episode 3 again.

avenger425 posted: »

Repost

• Yea I deleted the SyncFs folder (I had to empty the recycle bin) and the episode downloaded correctly, thanks!

You will have to uninstall the game, as well as delete the SyncFs folder from within Documents/Telltale Games/The Wolf Among Us/ folder. Then reinstall the game, and try starting Episode 3 again.

You're welcome, enjoy the game!

avenger425 posted: »

Yea I deleted the SyncFs folder (I had to empty the recycle bin) and the episode downloaded correctly, thanks!

This discussion has been closed.