Episode 3 Won't Download

Hello. When I launch "The Wolf Among Us" through Steam and select "Play", episode 3 is labeled "Coming Soon" and a notice appears in the main menu stating that episode 3 will be available on April 8, which is today. It seems that the episode is available to other people, but inaccessible to me. I've tried restarting Steam and changing the update option for the game to high priority, but nothing seems to yield the new episode. I've also tried disabling anti-virus and firewall software, and deleting the SyncFs folder from the directory. I purchased the season pass back when episode 1 was released.

Comments

• Nevermind, I figured out what was wrong. Thanks for your time and consideration.

• What worked? I'm also running into this problem. Thanks!

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

Please close down the Steam Client completely. (Please also make sure to close it if it is still open in the hidden icons in the bottom right of the screen when you click the upward facing arrow. If it is, please right click the Steam icon and click Exit.)

Once Steam is closed, please reopen it, and you should receive any of the necessary updates for The Wolf Among Us to work. I apologize for any inconvenience caused by this.

mightpirate posted: »

What worked? I'm also running into this problem. Thanks!

• i didn't buy the game through steam i downloaded it from the site but i have the same problem it says coming soon for episode 3

Please close down the Steam Client completely. (Please also make sure to close it if it is still open in the hidden icons in the bottom righ

I apologize for the inconvenience. I recommend restarting your computer, and resetting your internet connection, and then restart the game.

schalafi posted: »

i didn't buy the game through steam i downloaded it from the site but i have the same problem it says coming soon for episode 3

• Thanks for the suggestions TelltaleMike. However, I've tried:

1. Restarting steam client completely
    2. Restarting PC
    3. Resetting internet connection
    4. Deleting Telltale Games\The Wolf Among Us\SyncFs
    5. Deleting and reinstalling TWAU (but preserving save game directory)

All to no avail. Do you have any other recommendations?

Please make sure that your The Wolf Among Us game is set to 'Always keep this game up to date'. To do this, please right click on the game from within your Steam Library and go to Properties. Once in the Properties window, navigate to the Updates tab, and under the Automatic Updates section make sure that the drop down bar is set to Always keep this game up to date.

After you set the game to always update, please close down the Steam Client completely. (Please also make sure to close it if it is still open in the hidden icons in the bottom right of the screen when you click the upward facing arrow. If it is, please right click the Steam icon and click Exit.)

Once Steam is closed, please reopen it, and you should receive any of the necessary updates for The Wolf Among Us to work.

Thanks for the suggestions TelltaleMike. However, I've tried: * Restarting steam client completely * Restarting PC * Resetting inter

• none of them worked yesterday but today i was able to download it so no problem :)

I apologize for the inconvenience. I recommend restarting your computer, and resetting your internet connection, and then restart the game.

• Thanks again. I followed these instructions but still cannot get the episode 3 update to download. I also tried changing this setting to high priority and that also hasn't worked.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Please make sure that your The Wolf Among Us game is set to 'Always keep this game up to date'. To do this, please right click on the game f

Please try fully closing Steam again, and make sure you are closing it completely by following the above steps. Then start it again while connected to the internet, and leave it set for 10-15 minutes, and it should eventually automatically update the game with Episode 3.

Thanks again. I followed these instructions but still cannot get the episode 3 update to download. I also tried changing this setting to high priority and that also hasn't worked. Do you have any other suggestions?

• Now I'm having problems again, after the same thing happened with episode two. Still can't get ep 3 and I've tried everything listed in this thread. Why won't it download? Anything else I can try?

Please try fully closing Steam again, and make sure you are closing it completely by following the above steps. Then start it again while co

• Sorry but I've tried everything as you've described multiple times in multiple different ways and nothing appears to be working. I closed Steam and made sure it was closed in the tray, and checked in task manager that it was not running in teh background. I restarted Steam and left it open overnight checking to make sure that TWAU was set to "Always keep this game up to date". Still no joy.

Episode 2 downloaded just fine with no trouble but episode 3 just won't appear.

Please try fully closing Steam again, and make sure you are closing it completely by following the above steps. Then start it again while co

My apologies. After you set the game to always update, please close down the Steam Client completely. (Please also make sure to close it if it is still open in the hidden icons in the bottom right of the screen when you click the upward facing arrow. If it is, please right click the Steam icon and click Exit.)

Once Steam is closed, please reopen it, and you should receive any of the necessary updates for The Wolf Among Us to work. I apologize for any inconvenience caused by this.

Please note that this may take a couple tries to get Steam to automatically update the game.

Sorry but I've tried everything as you've described multiple times in multiple different ways and nothing appears to be working. I closed S

• I have been doing this daily for several days and it does not work for me.

My apologies. After you set the game to always update, please close down the Steam Client completely. (Please also make sure to close it if

• edited April 2014

I can confirm that following these instructions does not work. I've restarted Steam dozens of times since the episode came out and my update settings are set right and I've let Steam on for hours and DAYS after restarts so it should've had enough time.
    Also, doing a full reinstall of the game does not work either. I've even installed TWAU on a different computer (which did not help, still stuck on episode 2) so it seems pretty clear that there's a problem on your end.

westinlee posted: »

I have been doing this daily for several days and it does not work for me.

edited April 2014

Please also try Verifying your game's cache if you purchased through Steam. You can find out how by going to this link: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335

I can confirm that following these instructions does not work. I've restarted Steam dozens of times since the episode came out and my update

• Thanks, but doesn't seem to help either. I've verified it maybe 5 times already, last time just 5 minutes ago.

Please also try Verifying your game's cache if you purchased through Steam. You can find out how by going to this link: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335

• Not sure if this helps but the there's a content ID tag about game version near the validate button. It's showing current version '228587'

Thanks, but doesn't seem to help either. I've verified it maybe 5 times already, last time just 5 minutes ago.

• The cache checked out. Still no episode three download.

• edited April 2014

I'm having the same problems. Restarted Steam about a thousand times, uninstalled the game, reinstalled, deleted the .blob file in the steam folder, switched the account, switched back, verified the game's cache two times - nothing's changed. It really is a shame, I really loved this game series.

The cache checked out. Still no episode three download.

• Is there any update from Telltale support? I'm still unable to download and play episode 3 and it's been out nearly two weeks.

• Replying, last Telltale update to this thread was April 16.

Is there any update from Telltale support? I'm still unable to download and play episode 3 and it's been out nearly two weeks.

• I finally gave up. Two weeks of fiddling and searching through forums. The only thing I know for sure now is that I am not the only one by far suffering from this. Still nobody seems to know how to fix it, and it seems to me that there isnt too much interest in fixing it on behalf of steam/telltale, maybe there are still just not enough people affected that it would pay to invest time in this bug. Which leaves only one conclusion: I'm out of here. So long and thanks for the fish. There are other good (and perfectly functional) games in the known universe, so why bother any more?

This discussion has been closed.