The game won't start up

As mentioned on top, the game won't start up. When I run the game threw steam library, I get a 800x600 resolution and the screen goes black for 2-3 seconds. After this the game just shuts it self down and crashes to desktop.

My computer is running windows 8 with:
-Intel® Core™ i5-4670 CPU @ 3.40GHz at 3.42 GHz
-RAM 8.53 GB
-NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 with 4.23 GB memory
-2 TB of free space.
-My resolution is 1920x1200.

Would be thankful for any help at all in fixing this, or i'm going to punch somebody very soon.

Comments

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

I apologize for the inconvenience. It may be an issue with your display not being at a 16:9 aspect ratio. Please try changing the resolution to 1920x1080, and then try to start the game.

If you are still unable to see the game or get it to work, please read this Sticky on how to run our Support Tool, and follow the steps to run the tool, and reply to this email with the download link copied and pasted into this reply. You can find the Sticky here:

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/51153/twau-support-tool

After receiving the information from your support tool, we will be able to assist you further.

• changing the resolution didn't help. Here's the link to the download and the info you asked: http://www.sendspace.com/file/spqx4f

After looking over your support tool information, there should not be a system compatibility issue. When you try to start the game again, please try switching it to Windowed Mode by using the Windows shortcut (Alt+Enter), and see if you are then able to get to the Main Menu.

changing the resolution didn't help. Here's the link to the download and the info you asked: http://www.sendspace.com/file/spqx4f

• Nope, can't seem to get it work like that.

After looking over your support tool information, there should not be a system compatibility issue. When you try to start the game again, pl

• I have tried to figure it out by re-installing and by searching via google but I can't seem to figure it out.

Nope, can't seem to get it work like that.

Can you please clarify if you are using a USB gamepad to play the game? If you are, I recommend upgrading your Windows to 8.1.

You can also try unplugging any and all USB devices other than a mouse and keyboard, and plug headphones into your computer's audio out jack, and see if you are able to start the game.

I have tried to figure it out by re-installing and by searching via google but I can't seem to figure it out.

• OKAY! yes, at the least something worked out, the game started up and i got forward. Yet to see if the game will do something else to throw me off, but anyways: THANK YOU for your help, you were great help for me and got me threw without punching anyone.

Finally getting to play the awesome game i have been waiting for, again. Thank you!

Can you please clarify if you are using a USB gamepad to play the game? If you are, I recommend upgrading your Windows to 8.1. You can al

I am glad you are now able to play. Enjoy the game!!

OKAY! yes, at the least something worked out, the game started up and i got forward. Yet to see if the game will do something else to throw

This discussion has been closed.