Broken textures make game quite unplayable

My textures are broken for all 3 chapters. I verified the game cache files and reinstalled the game. However the issue persists. Here are the screenshots:
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198067425684/screenshots/

Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• Funny, so far three people have reported this one here (I'm one of them), somehow I get the feeling the standard troubleshooting provided by Telltale isn't gonna help...

• I have tried the troubleshooting as well, but compatibility mode and running as admin don't work. My drivers are updated, I tried simply restarting the game as well as my computer, I tried every single graphics setting combination too, but nothing has worked yet. I just started getting this error when I loaded up the game to play chapter 3, but before that the graphics were fine.

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

For those of you experiencing this issue, please read this Sticky on how to run our Support Tool, and follow the steps to run the tool, and reply to this email with the download link copied and pasted into this reply. You can find the Sticky here:

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/51153/twau-support-tool

After receiving the information from your support tool, we will be able to assist you further.

I apologize for the inconvenience. Below are a few possible solutions:

1) Ensure you have the latest drivers for both your graphics card, as well as your computer's BIOS

2) Restart your system

3) Unplug your gamepad (and all other USB devices other than keyboard/mouse) and plug in headphones to the audio out jack.

4) Verify your cache if you purchased through Steam (https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335)

5) Run the game as admin

6) Run the game in compatibility mode (We recommend Windows 98/ME)

7) Reinstall the game

8) Make sure that the Steam application is not set to a compatibility mode (right click on steam and click properties, then check compatibility, and make sure that it is not checked to play in a different OS)

Here's the link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/5bt1m42bjabvbgd/TWAU_support_data_pc.zip

• 1-I got them
    2-Tried that
    3-Don't have one
    4-Already tried
    5-tried that
    6-doesn't work
    7-Doesn't work either
    8-It's not in Compatibility mode
    :(

I apologize, unfortunately I did not receive your full system information from the Support Tool you ran. Please send us your DXDiag if you’re using PC. (To send a DXDiag, click the Start menu, click Run, and then type in DXDiag and press enter. After it loads, click Save All Information and save the file where you’ll be able to easily find it. Then upload the file to the file hosting website you used to upload the Support Tool .zip file. Then copy and paste the download link to that file in a reply to this thread, and I will be able to assist you further.

1-I got them 2-Tried that 3-Don't have one 4-Already tried 5-tried that 6-doesn't work 7-Doesn't work either 8-It's not in Compatibility mode

• I am having the exact same issue after buying the game today from Steam.

I have uploaded my DXdiag file as well, in case it is any help:
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/ii5mr8

I apologize, unfortunately your DxDiag is missing key information, such as your system's BIOS, System Model, and Processor information, as well as the graphics card's drivers date. Can you please clarify what model computer you are on, and the processor you are currently using? (What number of GHz the processor is running at would be helpful as well.)

Here's the DXdiag text file: http://www.mediafire.com/download/u8tmh24yyw1927w/DxDiag.txt

After looking over your DxDiag system information, it seems that your computer's processor, as well as your graphics card, are running below the minimum system requirements to run the game successfully. Where we require a processor that runs at 2.0 GHz, and a graphics card with a minimum of 512mb of dedicated memory, your current system is running at 1.9 GHz, and 256mb of dedicated memory. You may be able to update the graphics card's drivers to the latest version, and then run the game successfully. I recommend trying that first, and then see if you are able to play the game.

Bambam posted: »

I am having the exact same issue after buying the game today from Steam. I have uploaded my DXdiag file as well, in case it is any help: http://www.sendspace.com/file/ii5mr8

• My drivers are updated. According to GPU-Z, I have a memory size of 512MB. How do I make my card use all of it?

• I have an HP xw4400 workstation desktop, and my processor is an intel core 2 duo. However, my system info is broken so I cannot tell you how many GHz it is running at.

I apologize, unfortunately your DxDiag is missing key information, such as your system's BIOS, System Model, and Processor information, as w

• And my BIOS is version is 009.012.004.002.015963

I apologize, unfortunately your DxDiag is missing key information, such as your system's BIOS, System Model, and Processor information, as w

Unfortunately if you have updated your drivers and you are still unable to play the game, your system may be unable to play the game. I recommend upgrading your current system's graphics card, or playing on a system above the minimum requirements. If you purchased the game from us, you can inquire about requesting a refund by contacting our Support Staff at Support@Telltalegames.com. I apologize I could not assist you further.

My drivers are updated. According to GPU-Z, I have a memory size of 512MB. How do I make my card use all of it?

• I do have a system above all of the minimum requirements. But is there a way I can make my graphics card use its maximum ability?

Unfortunately if you have updated your drivers and you are still unable to play the game, your system may be unable to play the game. I reco

• Heyho,

I had the same problem after having downloaded episode 3.
    What helped me was to delete all data and folders related to episode 3, redownload the episode and then the issue was solved.
    You find the episode 3 data in your documents Telltale Games/The Wolf Among Us/SyncFs

Hope this works for you just like it did for me
    If your graphics card is already updated to the latest version, it is already outputting at its maximum output. I recommend also trying what @herpster said below, and then re-download the third episode, and see if this resolves your particular issue.

I do have a system above all of the minimum requirements. But is there a way I can make my graphics card use its maximum ability?

• Just wanted you to know that I had the same problem few days ago with episode 4.
    My troubleshooting attempt also worked this time.

Thank you for posting the extra information! I hope you are able to enjoy the game!

herpster posted: »

Just wanted you to know that I had the same problem few days ago with episode 4. My troubleshooting attempt also worked this time.

This discussion has been closed.