The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Best wishes from me, too. The fact that she told you at all means she doesn't want to be completely alone.

Thank you - I spoke to Jen (the friend) today, and she told me about how she was depressed at one time. Jen said that she was very close to

• edited April 2014

Thread: Random discussion thread

I was inspired to make this thread because people were using my Getting to know each other better thread for massive sprawling conversations, and it slowing down that page to a crawl. So yeah, lets discuss things :)

• Someone start a discussion :v

• I know right :P I started this thread so people would have conversations here instead on my other thread, I hadn't planned any conversations hehe

Rafoli posted: »

Someone start a discussion :v

• edited April 2014

The community today is not very active. Also, not many people come to the Telltale Talk session.

AusZombie posted: »

I know right :P I started this thread so people would have conversations here instead on my other thread, I hadn't planned any conversations hehe

• Yeah i've noticed that, it's unfortunate I have had some of my favourite conversations in TT talk and the games section.

The community today is not very active. Also, not many people come to the Telltale Talk session.

• I don't usually have long conversations, but when I do, they're awesome as hell. Let's see if our bumps can lure more people XD

Yeah i've noticed that, it's unfortunate I have had some of my favourite conversations in TT talk and the games section.

• Yeah hopefully,hey if there is an excuse to star a conversation with some of the people on here i'll take it hehe.

I don't usually have long conversations, but when I do, they're awesome as hell. Let's see if our bumps can lure more people XD

• Well... weather sucks today, for me. I prefer winter over spring/summer because while you can put a lot of clothes on in the cold, there's only so much you can take off before being arrested for indecent exposure. :P

• I'm having the opposite problem, the weather here is getting very cold, snow season is just around the corner.

Well... weather sucks today, for me. I prefer winter over spring/summer because while you can put a lot of clothes on in the cold, there's only so much you can take off before being arrested for indecent exposure. :P

• edited April 2014

Huh, lucky you. Well, if your winters are bearable.

My PC almost died on me twice last week because of overheating.

I'm having the opposite problem, the weather here is getting very cold, snow season is just around the corner.

• You need to get a liquid nitrogen cooled one obviously :P or you just need better air conditioning hehe

Ahh yes one of the few perks of living in the southern hemisphere, I get to boast to people in the northern hemisphere about my superior weather.

Huh, lucky you. Well, if your winters are bearable. My PC almost died on me twice last week because of overheating.

• Anyone excited for borderlands the pre sequel :P ?

• There's a "Whatever's On Your Mind" thread up there that can be used for random discussions, and it's in flat mode, so if people start replying to each other over and over, it doesn't result in a gazillion comments in a dark background on a single page.

• Puncake32Puncake32 Banned
    edited August 2014

Thread: The Whatever's On Your Mind Megathread.

This thread is meant for off topic chat.

We've merged a few notable off topic threads into one large thread in order to allow more people to join the discussion.

• Puncake32Puncake32 Banned
    edited August 2014

Thread: The Whatever's On Your Mind Megathread.

This thread is meant for off topic chat.

We've merged a few notable off topic threads into one large thread in order to allow more people to join the discussion.

• Just made this. Thought I'd share.

Works best if you've played a Megaman game. If you haven't, then you are officially dead to me.

• JenniferJennifer Moderator

Ha. That's fantastic. Roll on, Roll, roll on. ^_^

Just made this. Thought I'd share. Works best if you've played a Megaman game. If you haven't, then you are officially dead to me.

• Oh well, a fitting ending to a wonderful series.

Now that I've finally finished Blackwell Epiphany, all that is left is a hole that needs to be filled.

Oh well, I still got my novel.

• JenniferJennifer Moderator

Surprisingly, since I'm a big fan of Dave Gilbert's The Shivah, I have yet to play an episode of Blackwell. o_O I'll have to do a playthrough of all five games now that the finale is out.

GaryCXJk posted: »

Oh well, a fitting ending to a wonderful series. Now that I've finally finished Blackwell Epiphany, all that is left is a hole that needs to be filled. Oh well, I still got my novel.

• I can't say much about the ending without spoiling it, other than the fact that the ending is pretty epic, and it's a perfect ending to a great series, with a beautiful bookend.

• Anyway, I was wondering... Is it possible to go off-topic in this thread (it does say "whatever's on your mind")?

Oh wait. I just did.

• The entire thread is meant for off topic chat, I believe.

Anyway, I was wondering... Is it possible to go off-topic in this thread (it does say "whatever's on your mind")? Oh wait. I just did.

• edited April 2014

@Darth Marsden

Nice vid. I'll subscribe.
    Care to check mine out? :)

Just made this. Thought I'd share. Works best if you've played a Megaman game. If you haven't, then you are officially dead to me.

• I just updated to Firefox 29, then breathed a huge sigh of relief when I figured out how to get the menu bar back.

• Well, there are no open discussions about it, and I don't think it's worth opening a thread about, but it's a bummer that we are not allowed to post embedded media for the time being. :( I'm guessing it was done because of the troll attacks.
  • "but it's a bummer that we are not allowed to post embedded media for the time being."

I won't miss it to be honest.

Well, there are no open discussions about it, and I don't think it's worth opening a thread about, but it's a bummer that we are not allowed to post embedded media for the time being. :( I'm guessing it was done because of the troll attacks.

• @Blind Sniper

Makes the job harder?
  • Not entirely.

More like I'm glad it's gone after today in particular. In the words of Bigby, forgive me if I spare you the details.

@Blind Sniper Makes the job harder?

• Better that way. *Sigh*

People were suggesting to bring in more moderators after the fifth attack. Pardon the question, but is that still under consideration? I think it's more of an issue with how the site works, and how people react to the things posted, but still...

I guess it's all under control for now.
  • "I think it's more of an issue with how the site works, and how people react to the things posted, but still..."

That was the consensus among us too. We're still trying to figure out some potential mod candidates. We scout out people who display good potential ourselves instead of accepting people who manually volunteer.
  • edited May 2014
    @Blind Sniper

That sounds like a good idea since the forums have been really short handed for a while.

"I think it's more of an issue with how the site works, and how people react to the things posted, but still..." That was the consensus

• VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited May 2014
    > @TheGoodTheBadTheDead wrote: it's a bummer that we are not allowed to post embedded media for the time being.

Yeah, it is. Another functionality gone. I've never liked the youtube embedding and wanted it gone from day one, but the occasional picture really is an elementary forum function. Then again, especially concerning animated gifs, it might not be the worst thing if some people relearned to express themselves without them. ;)

The present situation is that an entire fanbase suffers for the deeds of a single member, which just isn't right. But hardly unprecedented - and not the greatest loss in the world.

I will now leave and make up a whole lot of gif trigger posts (e.g. "Inconceivable that this episode isn't yet out!"; "I am ready for episode 3!"; "It bears repeating that episode 3 won't necessarily be out next week"; "The waiting time is totally worth it!" etc.). That'll be a riot. ;)

Well, there are no open discussions about it, and I don't think it's worth opening a thread about, but it's a bummer that we are not allowed to post embedded media for the time being. :( I'm guessing it was done because of the troll attacks.

• if you're looking for good mods, there's a few candidates who... oh wait.. that one replies to trolls... and that one is... oh yeah.. and he..... nevermind. just keep looking. you've got your work cut out for you.

"I think it's more of an issue with how the site works, and how people react to the things posted, but still..." That was the consensus

• Yup, seems so. :/

if you're looking for good mods, there's a few candidates who... oh wait.. that one replies to trolls... and that one is... oh yeah.. and he..... nevermind. just keep looking. you've got your work cut out for you.

• edited May 2014
    Man..... Good shift, if my shift involves dragging a footballer out of a pub in a headlock it is a good shift hehe.
  • edited May 2014
    I have surpassed 1911 likes.. I feel special. WalkingDeadFan1912?
  • ElliasEllias Banned
    that's pretty retarded. why would telltale say they wouldn't work on anything else other than twau and twd, but yet secretly work on this shit?

telltale is an asshole
  • edited May 2014
    that was clear after vgx with their announcements
    Ellias posted: »

that's pretty retarded. why would telltale say they wouldn't work on anything else other than twau and twd, but yet secretly work on this shit? telltale is an asshole

Sign in to comment in this discussion.