Wolf Among Us crash on startup

2»

Comments

• edited May 2014
    Hello TellTale. I have a strange controller crash. Have 3 of your titles - "TWD Season 1", "TWD2" and "TWAU" I'm using Razer Sabertooth Elite controller on Windows 7 x64 system. All system requirements are ok. First I played TWD and TWD2 without any problems. Same TWAU. Nothing complained about my controller. Until today. Now either TWD2 nor TWAU wont lunch with controller connected. Dont know what the reason is, but dinput.ddl and dinput8.dll in game folder cant help. Last possible steps I did that IMHO could take me to this - upgrading my Razer Mamba Mouse firmware. It uses different mouse drivers for upgrading. Maybe usb drivers reinstall or install of Razer Mamba Configurator changed something. Link to TWAU Support Tool Report - http://www.sendspace.com/file/dxfq7k
  • edited May 2014
    Hey, I ran into a similar issue (games worked fine until a few days ago). After much trial and error I found that the latest steam beta branch was causing the crash. If you are on the steam beta branch, by chance, I would suggest rolling back to the main branch to see if that fixes it (it did for me).

I have submitted a bug with steam here: edit: Seems it doesn't show the steam link I post. You can find it on the steam discussion forum for the beta branch under bug reports.
    DanteDDL posted: »

Hello TellTale. I have a strange controller crash. Have 3 of your titles - "TWD Season 1", "TWD2" and "TWAU" I'm using Razer Sabertooth Elit

• Yeap! It worked. Thanks a lot. It's a real hell to play on TV with keyboard and a mouse that is loosing the connection to platform every 5 minutes. Went from Steam Beta Program to standard mode and everything worked again. Was afraid I miss TWD2 episode 3 with this problem. Thanks again. I will thumb the bug error on steam right away. Don't wont to have this bug on standard version of steam.
    Comprox posted: »

Hey, I ran into a similar issue (games worked fine until a few days ago). After much trial and error I found that the latest steam beta bran

• https://www.sendspace.com/file/qx8r8n Yeah this is really old thread but i just got this game in the sales and i cant play it at all, I have episode 5 installed and all, Any help?

DjNDB posted: »

I can take a look. Please follow the instructions to run the TWAU Support Tool and post the download link to the resulting "TWAU_support_data_pc.zip" to your next reply in this thread.

• Hi, I'm italian and I don't speak English very well, sorry. I bought the game on steam but when I put the initial screen the game crashes and it opens the window: TheWolfAmongUs.exe has stopped working. Please, can you help me?

DjNDB posted: »

I can take a look. Please follow the instructions to run the TWAU Support Tool and post the download link to the resulting "TWAU_support_data_pc.zip" to your next reply in this thread.

• Hello TellTale, can you help me?

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

After looking over your Support Tool information, it appears that you have the game installed to a custom file directory with special characters in the folder name (!). I recommend try installing both Steam, and the game, to the default install location, then start the game and you should be able to play successfully.

Shibakariki posted: »

https://www.sendspace.com/file/lhj0k3

This discussion has been closed.