This Choice Is Blank!

Hello. I´ve encountered a bug in episode 4 which won´t let me proced the plot. When I get back to the fabletown office all I can chose is "This Choice is Blank!", i tried to just click through it but it seems to also make the game freeze after a while. It has happened multiple times now and I was wondering if there is any fix for this?

Looks like this: i.imgur.com/FNiGnNX.jpg

Thank you

Comments

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

I apologize for the inconvenience. Please try rewinding to a chapter/checkpoint before that part in the episode, and then play through that part again, and see if you are able to see the choices correctly. Please also make sure that if you have any extra programs open and running in the background on your computer, that you are closing them before starting the game, so that the game is the only program open and running.

If you are still experiencing the issue after attempting my above suggestions, please read this Sticky on how to run our Support Tool, and follow the steps to run the tool, and reply to this email with the download link copied and pasted into a reply. You can find the Sticky here:

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/51153/twau-support-tool

After receiving the information from your support tool, we will be able to assist you further.

• Hello TelltaleMike. I´ve already tried to rewind the chapter but the problem still persists. I also tried to reinstall the game but that did not help either.
    I´ve run the Support Tool and here is the download link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/orvtp3

I have only encountered this error in one place in Episode 4 so I have my doubts that it is an error on my side.

I apologize for the inconvenience. Please try rewinding to a chapter/checkpoint before that part in the episode, and then play through that

I apologize for any difficulties this has caused, we are currently looking into this issue, and hope to have more information about it in the near future.

Any extra information would be helpful in tracking down the root cause of the issue. Can you please clarify if you had multiple programs open at the time of playing Episode 4? Also, your DxDiag System Information unfortunately did not complete successfully. Can you please clarify what type of computer you have, and what Processor/Motherboard you are currently using? Also, are you running on Windows 7, 8, or 8.1?

Jawgurt posted: »

Hello TelltaleMike. I´ve already tried to rewind the chapter but the problem still persists. I also tried to reinstall the game but that did

• Ofcourse. The only other programs I had open was Skype and Steam. But after reinstalling the game I tried again after a restart and that time the only programs I had running was the game itself.

I tried the support tool again: http://www.sendspace.com/file/d3i0no

If that did not work I took a screenshot of my dxdiag here: http://imgur.com/qAE0NaF (it is in swedish but I think it is self-explanatory)

I apologize for any difficulties this has caused, we are currently looking into this issue, and hope to have more information about it in th

Below are a few possible solutions (You may have tried a few of these, but I will post all of the possible solutions that will resolve this issue:

1) Ensure you have the latest drivers for both your graphics card, and your computer’s BIOS

2) Restart your system

3) Unplug your gamepad (and all other USB devices other than keyboard/mouse) and plug in headphones to the audio out jack.

4) Verify your cache if you purchased through Steam (https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335)

5) Run the game as admin

6) Run the game in compatibility mode (right click on game, click properties, click compatibility tab , and we recommend running the game in Windows 98/ME ) (We recommend Windows 98/ME)

7) Reinstall the game

8) Make sure that the Steam application is not set to a compatibility mode (right click on steam and click properties, then check compatibility, and make sure that it is not checked to play in a different OS)

Ofcourse. The only other programs I had open was Skype and Steam. But after reinstalling the game I tried again after a restart and that tim

• edited May 2014

ignore this

• strong text1) Ensure you have the latest drivers for both your graphics card, and your computer’s BIOS
    Check, updated both and problem still persists.

2) Restart your system
    Already tried this.

3) Unplug your gamepad (and all other USB devices other than keyboard/mouse) and plug in headphones to the audio out jack.
    Did not work.

4) Verify your cache if you purchased through Steam (https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335)
    "All files succesfully validated"

5) Run the game as admin
    Did not work, and I have no idea how this would help since the game starts just fine. The error is probably an bug or a broken file.

6) Run the game in compatibility mode (right click on game, click properties, click compatibility tab , and we recommend running the game in Windows 98/ME ) (We recommend Windows 98/ME)
    Game won´t start in compatibility mode unfortunately.

7) Reinstall the game
    Tried this and it did not solve my problem.

8) Make sure that the Steam application is not set to a compatibility mode (right click on steam and click properties, then check compatibility, and make sure that it is not checked to play in a different OS)
    It is not

I let my brother access my games through family sharing and he also experienced this but at a much earlier point, I think it was in episode 2. And for him it was fixed after a restart... so I have no idea why my problem persists.

Below are a few possible solutions (You may have tried a few of these, but I will post all of the possible solutions that will resolve this

• I have googled for a solution and not found anything useful at all, is there any chance you can relay this information to the developers and maybe get it fixed for episode 5? Would be a shame if I had to watch let´s plays to see the ending to this amazing game...

Below are a few possible solutions (You may have tried a few of these, but I will post all of the possible solutions that will resolve this

If none of my previous solutions were able to resolve your issue, unfortunately my only other recommendation would be to restart your computer, and reset your internet access point, and then play through the Episode from the beginning again, and see if you are able to see the choices correctly.

I have googled for a solution and not found anything useful at all, is there any chance you can relay this information to the developers and

• Yeah, I´ve tried starting over from a earlier point and also starting over from a clean start, which did not help...

If none of my previous solutions were able to resolve your issue, unfortunately my only other recommendation would be to restart your comput

After looking over your support tool information again, your system information section did not successfully complete, can you please take a screenshot of your dxdiag page? (To do this, please hit the Windows/Start Button, and type 'Dxdiag' into the search bar. Then click on the top result named 'Dxdiag'. Then take a screenshot by pressing Shift+PrtScn and paste that into Paint, then save it as either a .jpg, or .png, and upload that file to sendspace, then reply with the download link.) I will then try to assist you further.

Yeah, I´ve tried starting over from a earlier point and also starting over from a clean start, which did not help...

• I posted a screenshot the 30:th of may, is that any help?

"If that did not work I took a screenshot of my dxdiag here: http://imgur.com/qAE0NaF (it is in swedish but I think it is self-explanatory)"

After looking over your support tool information again, your system information section did not successfully complete, can you please take a

• I posted a screenshot the 30:th of may, is that any help?

"If that did not work I took a screenshot of my dxdiag here: http://imgur.com/qAE0NaF (it is in swedish but I think it is self-explanatory)"

After looking over your support tool information again, your system information section did not successfully complete, can you please take a

Thank you for the extra information. Your computer should be able to successfully run the game. Unfortunately my only other suggestion would be to delete all files associated with The Wolf Among Us, and uninstall the game by right clicking on the game from your Steam Library, and clicking 'Delete Local Content'. Then reinstall the game, and start the game. I sincerely apologize for any difficulties this may cause.

I posted a screenshot the 30:th of may, is that any help? "If that did not work I took a screenshot of my dxdiag here: http://imgur.com/qAE0NaF (it is in swedish but I think it is self-explanatory)"

• I´ve now reformated my computer and tried to start the game from the beginning and I am still stuck at that particular scene in Episode 4. Any chance for a hotfix or am I out of luck now?

Thank you for the extra information. Your computer should be able to successfully run the game. Unfortunately my only other suggestion would

Unfortunately if none of my previous suggestions worked, I am out of potential solutions to resolve your issue. I recommend either trying the game on another computer, or requesting a refund from the distributor in which you purchased it from. I sincerely apologize for any difficulties this may cause you.

I´ve now reformated my computer and tried to start the game from the beginning and I am still stuck at that particular scene in Episode 4. Any chance for a hotfix or am I out of luck now?

• Oh, that´s too bad..
    Thank you for all your help though!

Unfortunately if none of my previous suggestions worked, I am out of potential solutions to resolve your issue. I recommend either trying th

You're welcome. I apologize I could not assist you further.

Oh, that´s too bad.. Thank you for all your help though!

This discussion has been closed.