The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• locustkiller14

papai46 posted: »

Here's an idea, give me your steam.

• haha !! I'm not stressing out, i just like pointing the fact that there's always two sides to the medal :P

You're not that oversensitive, i understand where you came from don't worry ^^

We both had good points in our many arguments XD

Lol, don't stress out. It's fine. I can get a little sensitive sometimes. =/

• Also, I didn't really think that Elian saying the paper bag smelled good was a "retarded situation".

Good point, but i never understood it, words are words, sure some of them carry a certain weight, but i didn't think that "retarded" was spe

• We're not the ones who are upset, I just don't want to imagine someone with MR going into this thread and getting offended, that's all.

Like i said, you don't seem to be the only one who don't, so i don't see why you're sorry :P It's just a misunderstanding is all I do

• They're not that bad....they're just excruciatingly frustrating, mind boggling and insanity redefined as a race playlist xD

But yeah...not that bad llol

sardines posted: »

I DON'T HATE YOU. You found the Duneloader! :O ( even though... it was too late and now we can't do anythig... ;_; ) ( also dont tell anyone, but your races aren't actually that bad >_> )

• Thanks, i'll add you later.

locustkiller14

• Same for me, i have to wake up early in the morning to go to my job interview :P

I might work at a zoo !! How exciting xD

sardines posted: »

I did the same thing and then slept til 4 PM x_x oops Thanks for the good luck wishes! I'm probably gonna go to sleep early tonight too

• You're the one who added me on PSN right ?

May day was awesome, but now i'm sad because nobody can find me on Steam.

• No, that's not what I meant. I mean that he only uploads GTA 5, CoD and Gmod, and that's it.

TWDFan86 posted: »

I've seen every GTA video he uploads and to me, they all have something different. I always laugh at them :P

• Well i thought it was, what would be a "retarded situation" for you anyway ? I'm just curious xD

Also, I didn't really think that Elian saying the paper bag smelled good was a "retarded situation".

• You're right, words are only words, but humans decided to use this word to describe a mental state more than a situation, you never know if the people around you will be offended from it or not, that's why there are other synonyms.

I guess I understand, I was also in "retarded" situations, but I still think that it's like saying "wow! this guy is so gay!", because even though gay means happy and cheerful, it can be taken as the definition of a sexual preference.

Good point, but i never understood it, words are words, sure some of them carry a certain weight, but i didn't think that "retarded" was spe

• I've never been in a "retarded situation", because I hate that word and don't use it in everyday life.

There are awkward situations and there are stupid situations. THIS is a stupid situation, in my opinion.

Well i thought it was, what would be a "retarded situation" for you anyway ? I'm just curious xD

• Oh okay. Well, I mainly just watch his GTA videos because I've been a GTA fan for over a decade now.

TDMshadowCP posted: »

No, that's not what I meant. I mean that he only uploads GTA 5, CoD and Gmod, and that's it.

• To me, a "retarded situation" would be when I'm actually facing someone with MR, but that's just me.

Well i thought it was, what would be a "retarded situation" for you anyway ? I'm just curious xD

• I won't lie, i really don't see what the fuss is about, if someone says something that can be interpreted as kinda gay, i don't see why one wouldn't point it out JUST BECAUSE it MIGHT be offensive to someone who's in fact gay...

It's all about doing it in a tasteful manner and pointing out that it's obviously not meant to make fun of anyone in any way.

In the instance of the word "retarded" i didn't mean to offend anyone at all, and i'd like to think that someone who came here with MR, wouldn't make a fuss out of it either and would understand that it wasn't making fun of anyone.

Same for the word gay, if someone says "Ha! Gaaaay !!" I don't think they would be offended by that statement...

There's way more ways to be offensive than using words that MIGHT be offensive....

AWESOMEO posted: »

You're right, words are only words, but humans decided to use this word to describe a mental state more than a situation, you never know if

• edited June 2014

The walking head crabs.

• WtW in the story is in her early 20's, Noncy is late 20's or early 30's, whatever you want.

Actually....how old is your character ? And isn't Noncy a teacher ? She would have to be kinda old to be one...minimum mid twenty..

• But why take the risk? There are plenty of other words to use who are 100% clean of any potential offence.

I won't lie, i really don't see what the fuss is about, if someone says something that can be interpreted as kinda gay, i don't see why one

• Seriously....who the hell keeps downvoting my comments ?! I explain everything in a calm and peaceful manner and people STILL make a fuss about it?

I'M NOT MAKING FUN OF ANYONE HERE !! -_-

Like i explained stupid doesn't quite cut it for me in this situation, but i'm done arguing over the same matter over and over, i said what i had to say and i won't add more to the fire...

Another thing, if you downvoted MY comment, because i said the bloody word in between parenthesis, WTW and AWESOMEO did the same thing, yet I get three downvotes....

I'm just replying by using the same term....get over it people jeez... -_-

I also said I thought it was, personal opinion, if you don't agree that's fine, just move on and ignore, or lets continue this debate and waste more time on the matter...

I've never been in a "retarded situation", because I hate that word and don't use it in everyday life. There are awkward situations and there are stupid situations. THIS is a stupid situation, in my opinion.

• Why can't all guys be like this? <3

• People who disagree, downvote, they don't hate you specifically.

Seriously....who the hell keeps downvoting my comments ?! I explain everything in a calm and peaceful manner and people STILL make a fuss ab

• Dude, I understand the deal about the word. That's fine, I'm over it.

It's just that Elian is nice, and when you were making fun of him, I got kind of mad.

Seriously....who the hell keeps downvoting my comments ?! I explain everything in a calm and peaceful manner and people STILL make a fuss ab

• Gone for like an hour or two, and I miss so much...

Alt text

Dafuq...

• Because i didn't see it as a risk, i'm not using that bloody word anytime soon with you guys that's for sure, i learned my lesson, might as well talk about religion...just get over it would ya kindly?

I'm not about to censure my words just because it MIGHT offend someone who just happens to read this, i really don't care, as long as they know i didn't mean to offend anyone.

I'm actually surprised that you like South Park if you're so easily offended, they are even worst than me !!

Yet people accept it because its a satire and meant to make people laugh at the real world and its multiple issues. They won't censor themselves just because a few got butthurt, same with me, i just don't roll that way...I just don't....and they shouldn't either !!

Either you can make fun of everything or you can make fun or nothing. Humor is subjective, my comment wasn't even humor, satire or offensive, it was just a bloody word...

Yet people got offended by it...i don't understand this world sometimes...There's way worst than me out there...

But why take the risk? There are plenty of other words to use who are 100% clean of any potential offence.

• Whatever, what's done is done, lets just get over this and move on with our lives shall we ? Elian is nicee....i guess i still have my issues with him...seeing how he behaves online...xD

I wasn't making fun of him, i was making fun of his comment, nuance.

Dude, I understand the deal about the word. That's fine, I'm over it. It's just that Elian is nice, and when you were making fun of him, I got kind of mad.

• I don't really see the difference, sorry. >.>

Whatever, what's done is done, lets just get over this and move on with our lives shall we ? Elian is nicee....i guess i still have my issue

• I was gone for 6 hours today, and there were 4 more pages to read! T_T

Gone for like an hour or two, and I miss so much... Dafuq...

• You really didn't miss that much, don't worry =P

• that's fine i told you, you really don't have to be sorry, i understand your point of view, doesn't mean i agree with it, oh and i'm not the one who downvoted your comment, in fact i never downvoted any comments since i'm here :P

I just don't see the point to be honest...I just don't care about it...in my mind i'd rather give a thumbs up or not, downvoting seems petty to me..

I don't really see the difference, sorry. >.>

• AWESOMEOAWESOMEO Banned
    edited June 2014

sigh, again, it's not me who needs to get over it, it's the people who read it and could get hurt.

It's not personal to me, I'm trying to say what other people think, not me, I'm over it.

You don't need to censure anything, I wasn't making you, it's a friendly recommendation to prevent future confusion.

You think they offend me in Southpark? Because as a Jew, and you probably know how much they make fun of us, I never, EVER got offended, BUT, a lot, and I mean a TON of other Jews were offended by it, because some people can't understand those jokes, just like how you used that word.

In fact, Trey and Matt's game was banned in steam (in Israel), due to the "Jew" class, but I wanted to play it so much that I found a place to buy it in. I'm a rare example of a Jew who likes Southpark so much, I guess I just don't give a fuck, but my point is that some people DO give a fuck.

Again, you can use whatever words your mind desires, but there will always be people offended by it, consider that.

So yeah, I was just talking about how that word may sound to other people who suffer from retardation.

Because i didn't see it as a risk, i'm not using that bloody word anytime soon with you guys that's for sure, i learned my lesson, might as

• Meh, I don't care anymore. All I'm saying is that I didn't see anything particularly "retarded" about his comment, and I think you guys should be nicer to each other. I'm done arguing.

Alt text

that's fine i told you, you really don't have to be sorry, i understand your point of view, doesn't mean i agree with it, oh and i'm not the

• Don't bother reading...

• Good night people, have a dose of Nirvana:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6r7vs6Zgz8

• But...and i really don't mean to offend anyone by that statement...what are the odds of someone who do suffer of being mentally challenged, to stumble upon this forum and feel offended by it...will they even understand my vocabulary ? Or read the thousands of pages on this thread...

If anything those who feel offended by it will be people like Rachelle and you who don't like the use of the word...not actual mentally challenged people...

I'm done with this discussion though, was....eye opening, but not really, as i understand the issue already, just never thought it would offend anyone to use such a word....

sigh, again, it's not me who needs to get over it, it's the people who read it and could get hurt. It's not personal to me, I'm trying to

• Gordon Freeman and Kenny can team up and use their duel crowbar power!

MasterStone posted: »

The walking head crabs.

• mine is the same old, add me too :P

Thanks, i'll add you later.

• Heh, too late.

Alt text

I saw the stuff and thaaangs.

Don't bother reading...

• What stuff and thaaangs?

Heh, too late. I saw the stuff and thaaangs.

• Just the randomness that goes on in here.

What stuff and thaaangs?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.