Saves start at the beginning

I bought TWAU yesterday, and after playing it for a few minutes my computer decided to crash (it does this sometimes, not the game's fault). I had just gotten through fighting the woodsman and talking to Faith. When I started my computer back up, the savefile under Episode One was 1, the Woodsman. I clicked on it, but the game started from the beginning again, with the intro and such. I passed it off because I thought it was just because I hadn't reached a savepoint yet (even though I likely had).

During the next run of playing, I got through most of Episode One, stopping after Dee's chase, Chapter 5 I think. I exited, because I was sure there was a 'saving' icon that popped up, and went to sleep.
Today, I tried loading up my save, which is illustrated here: http://imgur.com/P0CCiU1 by clicking on it, but it starts again from the very beginning of the game. Am I just missing something and I'm accidentally starting a new game each time or is it a problem with my savefiles?

I've run the diagnostic tool, and the .zip is here: https://www.sendspace.com/file/qink4m

I've also noticed that there was a problem with the game not saving, but my filepath has no non-English characters or anything like that. Could it be because the savefiles are on my C drive and my steam install (and therefore my TWAU install) are on my F drive?

Thanks.

Edit: Also just fyi, I have verified my game cache, but the problem persists. I also noticed under the save data in-game, that the savefile reads as March 2013?

Comments

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff
    edited June 2014

I apologize for the inconvenience. After looking over your support tool information, everything seems to be in order. Unfortunately if your game ever crashed during an autosave or loading sequence, your save files may have become corrupted. If this is the case, I recommend deleting your save files, and starting a new game. In order to do this, please go to this folder:

C:\Users\YOURNAMEHERE\Documents\Telltale Games\The Wolf Among Us\

And delete everything OTHER THAN the SyncFs folder. Then start the game, and start a new save file. My apologies for any difficulties this may cause you.

• Ah, okay. At least I didn't get through most of the series, replaying just episode one won't be too bad. I'll try deleting my saves and see if that works.

I apologize for the inconvenience. After looking over your support tool information, everything seems to be in order. Unfortunately if your

This discussion has been closed.