Quicktime event bug (Woodsman ep1)

When fight vs. the woodsman in the beggining of episode 1, I cannot get past a certain point.

The woodsman grabs his axe, I get a prompt to press "a", and then I'm supposed to smash "q". Smashing q does not work. Occassionally there is a green bar starting to fill during the first second or so, but often there's no feedback at all. The button works perfectly fine outside of the game.

(Note that I've tried spamming "q" until I break a sweat, as well as trying at a more steady rythm. Nothing happens in either case).

I use a logitech G19 keyboard.

Comments

• Update:

So I tried using this app that turns my mobile phone into a remote keyboard for the computer, and lo and behold, the quicktime event works fine using that. This would mean that there's something wrong with the keyboard, but as previously stated, the keyboard works just fine outside of the game, so eh... I dunno?

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

I apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please clarify what region you are in? Are you using a QWERTY keyboard, or possibly a different keyboard specifically for your region? This may be because your Q Key is in another location, and has not been remapped for your specific keyboard.

reizen posted: »

Update: So I tried using this app that turns my mobile phone into a remote keyboard for the computer, and lo and behold, the quicktime ev

• Hello,
    I'm using a keyboard with a swedish layout, which has the standard qwerty setup.

I apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please clarify what region you are in? Are you using a QWERTY keyboard, or possibly a different k

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

My apologies. It may be that you are using a layout other than the standard English keyboard layout. I recommend try setting it to the English standard layout when playing the game, and see if you are then able to use the Q key as intended. Again, apologies for any difficulties this may cause you.

reizen posted: »

Hello, I'm using a keyboard with a swedish layout, which has the standard qwerty setup.

This discussion has been closed.