Player Choices Locked

I finished Episode 1 only to find that my player choices and fable entries were locked. I'm able to rewind episodes, and my save file appears intact. Not sure what happened here and I can't seem to find a fix for this issue.

Please let me know if there is a solution to this issue.

Comments

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

My apologies. After looking over your support tool information, everything seems to be in order. Can you please clarify if you started the game while connected to the internet to make sure you have received all necessary updates and patches needed to see the choices unlock correctly? Also, when you finished the level, did you allow the credits to play through, or did you exit the game early? Unfortunately if you closed out of the game during the credits, your choices/fable entries may not have been unlocked successfully.

Sharapaho posted: »

https://www.sendspace.com/file/knewz1

• The game was started and finished while connected to the internet. I exited the game early during the credits, however when I started a new game in a separate save file the same thing occurs. When I unlock a new fable entry it proceeds to re-lock all the previously unlocked entries. Not sure what is going on here.

My apologies. After looking over your support tool information, everything seems to be in order. Can you please clarify if you started the g

My apologies for the delayed response. Can you please clarify if you have Steam Cloud Saves enabled on your Steam Client?

The game was started and finished while connected to the internet. I exited the game early during the credits, however when I started a new

• Yes I do, steam cloud saves are enabled.

My apologies for the delayed response. Can you please clarify if you have Steam Cloud Saves enabled on your Steam Client?

I recommend try turning off Steam Cloud Saving, and replay the episode while connected to the internet. Then your choices should record properly.

Yes I do, steam cloud saves are enabled.

• Turned off the Steam cloud saving but it made no difference. Choices and fables do not record properly.

I recommend try turning off Steam Cloud Saving, and replay the episode while connected to the internet. Then your choices should record properly.

I apologize for the inconvenience. Below are a few more possible solutions (You may have tried a few of them, but I will post all of the possible solutions below):

1) Ensure you have the latest drivers for both your graphics card, and your computer’s BIOS

2) Restart your system

3) Unplug your gamepad (and all other USB devices other than keyboard/mouse) and plug in headphones to the audio out jack.

4) Verify your cache if you purchased through Steam (https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335)

5) Run the game as admin

6) Run the game in compatibility mode (right click on game, click properties, click compatibility tab , and we recommend running the game in Windows 98/ME ) (We recommend Windows 98/ME)

7) Reinstall the game

8) Make sure that the Steam application is not set to a compatibility mode (right click on steam and click properties, then check compatibility, and make sure that it is not checked to play in a different OS)

Turned off the Steam cloud saving but it made no difference. Choices and fables do not record properly.

This discussion has been closed.