Woodsman Bug

Hi all. I have a problem with the first minute of the game. In the scene where Woodsman try to kill me with the axe, I have to click more times "Q" . But this not work, the green bar increases for a bit (sometimes no) and a few later comes to "zero", and so game over. I try at least 10 times, it's probably a bug.

Solution?

Comments

• Just bought the game this evening and I have the same issue. Using a Logitech G11 keyboard if that makes any difference. Q key works fine out side of game.

Anybody?

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

After you complete the 'Q' quick-time event, the game should prompt you to hit another key, or a direction you must move. Please try again and see if it prompts you to press another key, if not let me know and I will try to assist you further.

gamerdan posted: »

Just bought the game this evening and I have the same issue. Using a Logitech G11 keyboard if that makes any difference. Q key works fine out side of game. Anybody?

• Just tried it again. I see the 'A' to dodge, then the 'Q'. When I hit the Q a green bar begins to fill in as Dif90 mentioned above but I'm not seeing any other instructions or prompts.

After you complete the 'Q' quick-time event, the game should prompt you to hit another key, or a direction you must move. Please try again and see if it prompts you to press another key, if not let me know and I will try to assist you further.

I believe you have to keep hitting the 'Q' key until the bar is filled. Please note that some of the quick-time events do not let you fill the bar as that is part of the storyline, and you must keep hitting the key until that portion is over. Can you please clarify what part of the fight you are having the issue in?

Just tried it again. I see the 'A' to dodge, then the 'Q'. When I hit the Q a green bar begins to fill in as Dif90 mentioned above but I'm not seeing any other instructions or prompts.

• Ha! That did it. I guess I wasn't pushing Q frantically enough! I just hung in there pushing it faster and managed to fill the green bar.

Thanks for your help.

I believe you have to keep hitting the 'Q' key until the bar is filled. Please note that some of the quick-time events do not let you fill the

You're Welcome, enjoy the game!

Ha! That did it. I guess I wasn't pushing Q frantically enough! I just hung in there pushing it faster and managed to fill the green bar. Thanks for your help.

• edited July 2014

TelltaleMike, this has been and continues to be a persistent issue.

The most recent incarnation is during Episode 5 as the Crooked Man tries to leave.

Things that do not work to let me get past this part:

1. I am held back and hit Q as fast as possible after selecting ANY of the three or none (tried this all possible ways).

2. I am held back and hit Q as slowly as possible after selecting ANY of the three or none (tried this all possible ways).

3. I am held back and hit Q as the button flashes to be pushed on screen after selecting ANY of the three or none (tried this all possible ways).

Nothing is working and this has been a problem in almost every utilization of this mechanic. What is going on? I've died about 50 times in a row. Please help me fix this issue.

You're Welcome, enjoy the game!

I apologize for the inconvenience, please read this Sticky on how to run our Support Tool, and follow the steps to run the tool, and reply here with the download link copied and pasted into a reply. You can find the Sticky here:

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/51153/twau-support-tool

After receiving the information from your support tool, I will be able to assist you further.

• Doesn't look like it ran correctly or gathered any meaningful information - not sure why as the game is installed under the main Steam directory on my primary OS boot drive.

File Found Below

https://www.sendspace.com/file/cfa2dq

I apologize for the inconvenience, please read this Sticky on how to run our Support Tool, and follow the steps to run the tool, and reply h

I apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please clarify if you are using any third-party key-mapping programs, or a special keyboard?

Doesn't look like it ran correctly or gathered any meaningful information - not sure why as the game is installed under the main Steam directory on my primary OS boot drive. File Found Below https://www.sendspace.com/file/cfa2dq

• No key-mapping at all and just a normal Logitech G19 keyboard.

I apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please clarify if you are using any third-party key-mapping programs, or a special keyboard?

My apologies. Can you please clarify if you have the ability to test it on a different keyboard? My other recommendation would be to unplug the keyboard, and uninstall any Logitech software associated with it. Then plug the keyboard back in, and see if you are able to use the Q Key to complete the Quick-Time Event. I apologize for any difficulties this may cause you.

No key-mapping at all and just a normal Logitech G19 keyboard.

• I tried with another keyboard and the issue persists.

My apologies. Can you please clarify if you have the ability to test it on a different keyboard? My other recommendation would be to unplug

My apologies, can you please clarify what country/region your are currently residing in?

I tried with another keyboard and the issue persists.

• Tampa, Florida - United States - North America

I just tried again 5 times today and couldn't get the bar up more than half-way. If there is a way to send you my save file, maybe that would help?

My apologies, can you please clarify what country/region your are currently residing in?

After looking over your support tool information again, can you please clarify if you have the Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller plugged in while playing the game?

Tampa, Florida - United States - North America I just tried again 5 times today and couldn't get the bar up more than half-way. If there is a way to send you my save file, maybe that would help?

• I have a PS3 controller, but was using the keyboard - not using the controller.

When I unplugged the controller - the issue went away - worked on the first try!!!

I would not have thought of that as a solution - thank you!!!

After looking over your support tool information again, can you please clarify if you have the Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller plugged in while playing the game?

You're welcome, and thank you for posting the extra information on how you were able to resolve your issue. I hope you are now able to enjoy the game!

I have a PS3 controller, but was using the keyboard - not using the controller. When I unplugged the controller - the issue went away - worked on the first try!!! I would not have thought of that as a solution - thank you!!!

• The issue actually kept reoccurring and I ended up having to plug the PS3 controller back in and finish the game with my controller. Not ideal...

You're welcome, and thank you for posting the extra information on how you were able to resolve your issue. I hope you are now able to enjoy the game!

Thank you for providing the extra information, I will make sure to pass it along to the team.

The issue actually kept reoccurring and I ended up having to plug the PS3 controller back in and finish the game with my controller. Not ideal...

This discussion has been closed.