"This choice is blank!"

Had this rather odd glitch today while I was playing through all 5 episodes on PC unlocking the remaining Book of Fables entries alongside getting excited for the finale:

Alt text

Thing is, this dialogue choice was never even supposed to show up (as Bigby doesn't enter the scene until a few moments later) when I said it the scene jumped ahead about a full minute in, it happened during In Sheep's Clothing. Has anything like this ever happened to any of you guys? Telltale does have it's odd glitches but something like this is rather worrisome to happen with the final episode only three days away from now.

Comments

• I made a thread with this a while ago, but I can't for the life of me find it now.

• Well I'm glad to see I'm at least not the only one who experienced it, did it happen in the same episode for you?

I made a thread with this a while ago, but I can't for the life of me find it now.

• I had the same thing happen (on the x-box) in episode 3.
    While going through Crane's appartment, after Bluebeard had already been there, the entire conversation with Pufkun consisted of these blank choices.

• It was when I was replaying Episode 1 I think, in the office as well ironically enough, instead of the actual scenes it was just Bigby standing in the office and the dialogue choices popped up.

CathalOHara posted: »

Well I'm glad to see I'm at least not the only one who experienced it, did it happen in the same episode for you?

• I was more personally annoyed of the fact that Bigby didn't actually say; "This choice is blank!"

It was when I was replaying Episode 1 I think, in the office as well ironically enough, instead of the actual scenes it was just Bigby standing in the office and the dialogue choices popped up.

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. If you are encountering this issue, you should be able to rewind to the previous chapter/checkpoint before you first saw this issue arise, and then replay through the Episode, and the issue should be resolved.

• Happened in the elevator after the trial scene and then I was suddenly back at the beginning of the episode ???

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. If you are encountering this issue, you should be able to rewind to the previous chapter/checkp

My apologies, can you please clarify if you tried rewinding, and then you were taken back to the beginning of the episode, or did you rewind back to the beginning of the episode?

WARP10CK posted: »

Happened in the elevator after the trial scene and then I was suddenly back at the beginning of the episode ???

• I was in elevator at the end when a dialogue option appeared and all the choices said blank and then I clicked on one of them just too see if it did anything and all of a sudden I was back the beginning of the episode.

My apologies, can you please clarify if you tried rewinding, and then you were taken back to the beginning of the episode, or did you rewind back to the beginning of the episode?

I apologize for the inconvenience. Which platform are you playing on? (PC/Mac/PS3/Xbox/iOS?) Also, if you are on PC/Mac, are you playing on the Telltale Games version, or the Steam version?

I was in elevator at the end when a dialogue option appeared and all the choices said blank and then I clicked on one of them just too see if it did anything and all of a sudden I was back the beginning of the episode.

• I'm having the same issue, right after the trial scene. All the choices are blank. I've tried rewinding it and I'm still getting blank choices. If I click through the blank choices I am forced to play through the episode again with weird/alternate controls that were not in the scenes previously. Also it skips through the story until I get stuck at the scene at the Pudding and Pie.

I am on the PC-platform.

Happened in the elevator after the trial scene and then I was suddenly back at the beginning of the episode ???

I apologize for the inconvenience, please read this Sticky on how to run our Support Tool, and follow the steps to run the tool, and reply here with the download link copied and pasted into a reply. You can find the Sticky here:

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/51153/twau-support-tool

After receiving the information from your support tool, I will be able to assist you further.

• Playing the Steam version but this seem to occur on random sometimes it triggers other times it works just fine.

I apologize for the inconvenience. Which platform are you playing on? (PC/Mac/PS3/Xbox/iOS?) Also, if you are on PC/Mac, are you playing on the Telltale Games version, or the Steam version?

My apologies. The blank choices issue seems to be memory related. Please make sure that you do not have any other programs running in the background when you are playing through the episode, to ensure the majority of your computer's resources are going towards the game's performance.

Playing the Steam version but this seem to occur on random sometimes it triggers other times it works just fine.

• I had this problem more then once you have to quit the game then reload it. It's worse if the game saves a point futher in and you are locked in with answers you don't know what was said. It seems to have this problem if you play though all the episodes or change your save file it pops up now and again.

Thank you for posting the extra information. Quitting the game, and restarting will resolve this issue. Please make sure that you are rewinding to a point before you first see the blank choices appear, and you should not experience the issue again.

haha49 posted: »

I had this problem more then once you have to quit the game then reload it. It's worse if the game saves a point futher in and you are locke

This discussion has been closed.