Start a Story, be your own Fable. (Create a Fable Thread)

Comments

• JJwolfJJwolf Banned

Hey, Pie. Do you take requests for stories? I'd love to see you make a short story on HOW Lyla manages to save Georgie and where the ended up today. Thought what you told me was excellent and would love to hear more. Also, I'd love to hear more about them and see Georgie raising the quads.

I know you are VERY busy but just food for thought. :) Your current Fable story is brilliant and you should continue it but....you know. XD Just, throwing it out there! lol Or, even like their wedding would be hillarious on its own! Do they even GET married? lol BTW, good luck today at the wedding! :)

• edited July 2014

You're doin' a great job, man, keep it up! I'm also tempted to include your story in some sort of award category for this month's Fable Storyteller Awards.

P.S. - I'm glad that you're still thinking on giving a X-files vibe to it. :P

PeterCaves posted: »

Haha, I've been watching The X-Files religiously for the past six or so months. I'm glad that's what you were reminded of, because that's the sort of feel I wanted it to have initially.

• Oh shit, he's going to a wedding? Hmm, I bet he's going to flaunt his Georgie charm over there, like a true pudding.

Btw, question for YOU, Jones. Are you planning on to continue your story sometime? Or are you done with it, at least for a while?

JJwolf posted: »

Hey, Pie. Do you take requests for stories? I'd love to see you make a short story on HOW Lyla manages to save Georgie and where the ended u

• I would! Been keeping up on the writing dude and must say this...good job! Keep it up! :)

You're doin' a great job, man, keep it up! I'm also tempted to include your story in some sort of award category for this month's Fable Storyteller Awards. P.S. - I'm glad that you're still thinking on giving a X-files vibe to it. :P

• I think you responded to the wrong guy again, silly. XD

pudding_pie posted: »

I would! Been keeping up on the writing dude and must say this...good job! Keep it up!

• LOL You're not the 1st to question HOW he manages to escape death. Lyla was the key and I was considering doing that after I finished Ethan's story. Kind of go back and forth...not sure yet. As far as Georgie and Lyla ACTUALLY getting married, they DO but its later on down the road. :) If I DO go back to Lyla and Georgie, it will be in August.

Thanks, man! Getting ready as I type this. XD

Hey, Pie. Do you take requests for stories? I'd love to see you make a short story on HOW Lyla manages to save Georgie and where the ended u

• I probably should have written that a little bit better! XD It should have been like this:

@Peter: Been keeping up on all your writting and I must say, this is brilliant! Good work. Then-

@Dragon: I would include him!

Uh! Been a long morning already! XD

I think you responded to the wrong guy again, silly. XD

• "Who else but pudding?" ;)

I probably should have written that a little bit better! XD It should have been like this: @Peter: Been keeping up on all your writting a

• I'm going to have to take pics and show them because one of the groomsmen is ACTUALLY making me wear a bowler hat because I look SO much like Georgie. It's a running joke at the wedding; the bride to be was not thrilled at first but she got a kick once we showed her. Gonna strut down that aisle! XD

Oh shit, he's going to a wedding? Hmm, I bet he's going to flaunt his Georgie charm over there, like a true pudding. Btw, question for YOU, Jones. Are you planning on to continue your story sometime? Or are you done with it, at least for a while?

• Nice! Have fun! Tell us the tale when you get back! (if you want to, that is) :)

I'm going to have to take pics and show them because one of the groomsmen is ACTUALLY making me wear a bowler hat because I look SO much lik

• JJwolfJJwolf Banned

I plan on continuing my story really soon. Been so busy trying to come up with more ideas and being distracted by reading all these others! lol

@pie Dude, you so should do that! He looks JUST like Georgie Porgie! It's scary! 0.0 Have fun today, pie! Yeah! Go back to the original idea of HOW she saves him! Its so interesting!!!

Oh shit, he's going to a wedding? Hmm, I bet he's going to flaunt his Georgie charm over there, like a true pudding. Btw, question for YOU, Jones. Are you planning on to continue your story sometime? Or are you done with it, at least for a while?

• I can relate, hehe. Can't wait to see the next part for Max!

I plan on continuing my story really soon. Been so busy trying to come up with more ideas and being distracted by reading all these others!

• Chapter 10 Black Out

So Redd got away with the fable killing artifact while me and Walter are stuck in this holding cell, Things aren't looking to good for us. We need to find a way out of here fast but how..? My brother is trying to talk his way out of it but its isn't working obviously. We would been out of this place if I had my sword..

After sitting there for half an hour, the lights go out and we hear a whole bunch of commotion. The guards are yelling and suddenly our cell door open... a blonde woman enters and hands us our stuff and tell us that we need to get to back to the Business Office fast, it's under attack.

By who I asked, and the blonde woman replies, "Someone kind a canine demon dogs." She told me that someone has taken the Sheriff and Deputy Mayor hostage, they threaten to kill them if anyone tries to save them. Without a doubt it was Redd, I must stop him before it's too late.

We followed the Blonde woman out of the police station and then she handed me something and told me that it would take us back to Fabletown, she will be right behind us. But wait, how did she know who we are and where we would be? Before we left I asked her what her name was..

"Cinderella.." She said before waving goodbye as we are pulled into some kind portal and landing in front of the Woodlands.

We quickly enter the Building, it's quiet, too quiet. Walter ask me if I ready for this. Of course i told him, as we approached the Door to the business office.. We turn the lock and open the door and enter, and what do we see?

Sheriff Bigby, restrained on a wheel will cuts and bruises all over him. Miss White is tied up and screams "Behind you!" and then the door slams shut, it jammed and not opening..

We hear laughing and the from the shadows Redd emerges.

"I'm glad you made it Robby, now we can get this party started"

I tried to reason with Redd, but it wasn't working. He made it clear that he came here to get what he wanted, revenge and to become the one true leader of Fable town. He's lost it, there is no reasoning with this madman...

He then picks up a silver bullet from the table and puts in in a revolver.

"Remember this Sherrif? Didn't Mary pop you with one of these? Well...that's not what I'm going to do, that would be too easy. You're in for a treat.."

I then take out my sword and immediately i am surrounded by shadow dogs. Redd then walks up to me and tells us that we are going have some fun...

To be continued

• Her name is Ashanti and she is based off of an African fable called The Lion Lady. In the original version a man was walking along with a woman and her child and asked if the woman could turn into a lion so she could hunt down something for him to eat. In my version she was originally a lion who lived in the Mainlands and fell in love with a human man. She asked a witch could she make it so she'd become human to be with him. The witch agreed and made it that she be human. Ashanti, overjoyed, thanked the witch and went and told the man everything that happened and not long after they married and had a son. However the witch tricked Ashanti and instead of helping Ashanti cursed her. One day the man had done something to upset the people of their village and he and his family were banished. They wondered for days and soon began to starve. Night had come and they fell asleep. When Ashanti awoke there was blood everywhere but her family was gone. She called out to them but there was no response. She looked at herself and she was covered in blood. Then she had a horrid realization, she was no longer hungry. Ashanti had eaten her family. For her not being able to eat, she turned into her true form and did what any wild animal would do in her position. She now is living in Fabletown and she and Bigby will soon have encounter. Let me know what you guys think and I'll come up with how she plays a part in Fabletown. Thanks!

• The suspense! Looking forward to seeing what happens next, good job. : D

PeterCaves posted: »

Peter: You’re going to get me in trouble. I look like some sort of swan thief. The swan then starts making itself comfortable. Peter stan

• Redd's a real dastardly fiend! Enjoying it, though :)

MasterStone posted: »

Chapter 10 Black Out So Redd got away with the fable killing artifact while me and Walter are stuck in this holding cell, Things aren't l

• Great start! I'm interested and hope to hear more of Ashanti soon :)

Stassja_Tru posted: »

Her name is Ashanti and she is based off of an African fable called The Lion Lady. In the original version a man was walking along with a wo

• I liked it! I would definitely love to hear more about Ashanti! :)

Her name is Ashanti and she is based off of an African fable called The Lion Lady. In the original version a man was walking along with a wo

• edited July 2014

His reign of terror has just began, and they will end with his own sanity.

LupineNoir posted: »

Redd's a real dastardly fiend! Enjoying it, though

• I had this stored somewhere, i thought it would fit;

Alt text

• Oh the suspense! I liked it a lot and now, my curiosity has gotten the best in me with Robby's tale. Good job!

Chapter 10 Black Out So Redd got away with the fable killing artifact while me and Walter are stuck in this holding cell, Things aren't l

• Thank you! I know I'm a terrible writer, but I'm not going for a literary masterpiece here. I think of it more as my own little story arc in the Fables continuity. Like an issue of Fables that I'd enjoy reading. All the same, you're all very kind! It feels good to be a part of your thread!

I probably should have written that a little bit better! XD It should have been like this: @Peter: Been keeping up on all your writting a

• Thank you, kind sir!

LupineNoir posted: »

The suspense! Looking forward to seeing what happens next, good job. : D

• Oh! I'm actually curious now to learn more about Ashanti and her adventures in Fabletown. I liked this a lot

• I'm Back! Finally! I had a great time on vacation, although at the end it wasn't so great. I was supposed to come back on Saturday but tragedy stuck when my uncle (Who I'd just got done seeing in Tennessee) died in a car accident. I'm alright, I cried a lot. We ended up heading back to Tennessee and attended the funeral and drove home the next day. So now I'm back.

Anywho. Wow. That ending to the game. Just....

Wow.

And also, you guys have been mighty busy. Lots of stories to catch up on.

So, I'm not sure what everyone is planning on doing in regards to when this forum (er, community. Same thing) is going to end (if they do end up taking it down for a while), so I will just keep writing when I can, until the end. I've got a lot planned out now, but I might not actually write until later today.

I hope you guys didn't miss me too much. If you even missed me at all lol
  • My condolences to you and your uncle, it's great that you're doing well after an event like that, Em.

The game finale was awesome, but apparently Telltale cut out a lot of stuff from the episode.

I have also missed you, Em. I'm sure a couple of the others have missed you too! You're one of my best contributors on here!
    EMMYPESS posted: »

I'm Back! Finally! I had a great time on vacation, although at the end it wasn't so great. I was supposed to come back on Saturday but trage

• Welcome back, Em. My thughts and prayers go out to you and the family. I'm so very sorry for your loss. :(

The ending, honestly to ME, could have been better but other than that, no complaints and no regrets. Glad you still had a great vacation.

Can't wait to read the rest of your story.

I'm Back! Finally! I had a great time on vacation, although at the end it wasn't so great. I was supposed to come back on Saturday but trage

• Uh man! XD Busy, busy, busy weekend! Had a wonderful time at my cousin's wedding and man, did I look dashing! lol I WAS going to put pictures up but it looks like they disabled them....-.- I'll try to put a link up or, if not, my DA will have em soon. :)

Now that Georgie is done dancing in his monkey suit and toasting to the happy couple, I should have something up later today if not, by tomorrow. Might take up on JJwolf's challenge and dive into another section for Georgie and Lyla! Not sure yet!

BTW, welcome back to Emmy. :) Glad you had a great trip. Again, sorry for your loss.
  • Dude, I can't wait to see them. Both your pictures and the next installment of your story!

Uh man! XD Busy, busy, busy weekend! Had a wonderful time at my cousin's wedding and man, did I look dashing! lol I WAS going to put picture

• You have my sincere condolences, Em. A loss of this kind is never an easy thing to go through.

The ending worked really well at blending the moral lines of rigtht and wrong!

I've missed you! You're stories are honestly a real highlight. As for the forum/community, I'll probably just wander around until it's closed or everyone leaves, so it's nice to know there'll still be something to read up till then.

• JJwolfJJwolf Banned
    Aw dude, I was just kidding 'bout the story! IDC what you do! Finish Ethan first, THEN go from there! 'Cause the way things are looking, this place will be a ghost town soon. Least you have the DA; don't stop drawing those TWAU fan art!

BTW, saw your FB page and omg...those pics! Loved them, man...loved them! You looked ridiculous in that suit but the hat did you wonders, Georgie! Tracy thought it was a great idea in the end! XD

BTW, sorry for your loss, Em. Welcome back thouugh! :)

Uh man! XD Busy, busy, busy weekend! Had a wonderful time at my cousin's wedding and man, did I look dashing! lol I WAS going to put picture

• edited July 2014
    Happy to hear the wedding went well! I'm intrigued to see the real-life Georgie, if you do find a way of getting the pictures linked or something, as I don't have a DA profile, though I could search you, which I have done, and I look forward to reading more of your creations when you get chance to write/post them! :)

• edited July 2014
    Ethan Porgie

Part 2

'Do you know the answer...'

'The first child will break their hearts,
    The second child will try to take it apart.
    The third child will search for a reason,
    The fourth child will commit treason.
    The fifth child will destroy us all,
    The sixth child will gladly take the fall.'

Note: Okay, well....looks like the pictures are disabled once more. :( If I have an image to show, I will post with a link.

When I walked back out into the club, she was gone; Henry would later told me she had already headed over to my parent's place. I sighed and watched as Hans Junior managed to finish moping up the remaining blood and cleaner.

"She look alright?"

"Define 'alright', Ethan."

"You know what I mean, Henry-please. I'm not in the mood for your jokes at this moment..."

"Well, don't let Emily Porgie bring ya' down. THIS is what she does, Ethan. You know that..."

I loved Henry; maybe a bit more than most in this club at this moment. He was there since I could remember. This was the guy that would sneak me sips of his Mountain Dew, then have his mother question why her three year old is bouncing off the walls. Henry was always willing to partake in anything I participated in; dancing, school projects, trips. Like my parents, I could close my eyes and tell you he was always somehow in a photograph or standing in the crowd. i adored Henry, loved him...secretly wanted him to myself.

I cleared my throat, as he placed his giant palm on my shoulder. I watched, as his massive fingers laced themselves against the flesh and bone. He tightned his grip and flashed me his radiant smile.

"Look, forget Emily now. Let ol' Georgie and Lyla handle her ass for once."

That was the point; my dad was in no condition to babysit a twenty five year old and her issues with drugs and my mother's heart and soul could only take so much. To be honest, think Emily was contributing a lot to dad's deteriorating health. I'd never tell her this, though because deep down inside, I think she already knew. It broke his heart to see her becoming like what he used to be.

I ignored the remaining thoughts in my head and headed back into my room; not before giving Henry one last punch in the arm and giggle. He returned the favor with a slap on the back of my ass; it shocked me to see him using such force and as I turned to say something, he was gone. Got to watch out for those wolves; they had a nasty habit of flirting hard, making you fall and when you think things are sweet and dandy, you are left in the dirt. Well, not all the time....fuck, my choice of words these past days.

I walked up the stairs, opened the door and closed it shut. I took a seat at my desk, switched on the light switch and began to apply lotion along my arms and legs. As I did, my closet began to rattle and shake; the noise startled me, as I peered in the direction of the noise.

"Hey, Ethan! That you? Let me out will ya'!"

"I'm a tad busy at the moment, Nick. Can't you just wait?"

"Look pal. I've been locked in this damn thing for two days now! What-you forget I LIVE here?"

"It's not like you need ANYTHING to survive, Nick. You're already, you know..."

"Well, excuse me for wishing to enjoy the summer air and the view that lies below your open window."

I chuckled, as the closet doors swung open, reached in and grabbed the gold jar. I twisted the lid slightly to the left and watched as a blue orb, followed by a light blue trail of ectoplasma, escaped the jar. I watched him circle the room for awhile, then place himself beside me. The glow was lumerous, as he appeared to dance and sway beside me. His dark blue eyes watched, his round black orb body shifting slightly to the left. He giggled, when he saw my face.

"Well, there we go. NOW we are talking! Sorry, kid-I LOVE the 'update' you gave me prior to what your old man used to keep me in but I do occassionally enjoy the putrid stench of Fabletown. Brings back great memories..."

Nick was given to Peter and I on our fifth birthday; dad said he was a wonderful treasure and should be kept with either of us at all times. He was a friend to my father; a guidance, that he obtained from the Homelands years ago. Dad never went much into detail; Nick helped him through many trials and tribulations, that much I do know. I've tried asking for more information from my father but he always refused. After so many years, I stopped asking. Even Nick refuses to say much. Apparently, he SWORE to my father to remain silent and keep the secret hidden. Someday I'd find the truth....someday.

"So, what's up in the agenda of 'Ethan Porgie' kid?"

"I'm getting ready to head over to my parents for dinner..."

"Ah. Dinner with the folks. That sounds like a blast. You kids all going?"

"Yeah..."

"Even Peter....."

"I REALLY hope so. I'd hate to think he's refusing to visit our parents because my sisters do not know how to stop acting like children."

"Well, a person can only take so much abuse, Ethan. You know that. He's losing his ability to simply 'ignore' their sneering remarks."

"Well, hopefully tonight will be different. Mom explained to me my dad had a 'talk' with Katie and Penny in regards to Peter."

"Well, for your sake and this town's future, I hope he did...."

That was the fifth time this week Nick mentioned that; the sake of the town and mine. What the hell was he talking about? I'd ask him before but like always, he'd brush it off and quickly start up a new conversation. For a lost, trapped soul, he sure knew how to keep quiet.

"Emily here?"

"No, she's gone."

"You let her drive like that? Hm."

"Don't patronize me, Nick. She's not a baby. No one told her to start drugs and drink like its water..."

"Maybe something is bothering her...like she has no other option..."

"What the hell is up with you today, Nick? Sure it was wise to let you out?"

"Okay, look. I'm not saying she is the victim her but maybe she FEELS responsible for something; people hold secrets so far deep into their souls, it eventually breaks them down to nothing, Ethan. I've heard her-she feels like a monster and you and the others just sit back and sneer; you kids have turned on each other and for what reason, I will nevr know! I hate what you kids have become! This is NOT how you were raised-"

"What WE were raisied, was a foundation of secrets and pain that we can't understand because NO ONE will tell us! We are not kids, Nick-we deserve to know! Maybe WE are not the problem...maybe its YOU guys!"

"Oh, no no! Do NOT turn this back on me! No one told Emily to turn to those awful things; your sisters to act like total divas; Junior to join hands with the devil herself....the witch was right..."

When he noticed my reaction, he floated quickly to the window and peered out. I could see his lips moving, his eyes focused on the outside world. He was mumbling; although I tried to listen, it was no use. He sighed and turned to my direction.

"You, Ethan-you have always been the voice of reason to your siblings. You keep Peter sane, your sisters trust you and Junior comes to you for advice and hope; hell, the guy came to YOU first when Bloody Mary was pregnant with George. Just, do me a favor-tonight, try to keep the peace. Your father...he, he can't take this any longer, Ethan and I THINK you know that. He's wanted nothing but the best for you and the others. Please...just, when the time comes, you all will know...."

I turned to face the mirror; this was going no where, so I ignored his comment and continued to lotion up my skin. He sighed and flew to the corner. My phone began to ring; Skillet filled the room, as I looked at the screen. It was Peter; he must be on his way. He went to visit Winter today; wonder how that went. Wonder if he saw him...if he even cares...

I sighed, as I began to text him back.
  • Awww, the ending sentence made me kind of sad. It made me think how separated the Porgie family is, y'know?

Ethan Porgie Part 2 'Do you know the answer...' 'The first child will break their hearts, The second child will try to tak

• JJwolfJJwolf Banned
    Oh wow, Pie. These kids! :( I take it the little section in the beginning has to do with the kids' future? I THINK I know which goes to which kid: The first is Penny, 2nd is Katie, 3rd is Emily, 4th Junior? 5th Peter and 6th Ethan; maybe...IDK! lol

I loved this and how you included Nick. Was wondering when you were going to add him! :) I agree with Dragon-the Porgie kids are so seperated; half on one side, the other lost and confused...just like Georgie used to be. :( NOW, I see where its all coming together. Hopefully they can get their heads out of their asses and work together! Good work, bud! More!!!

Ethan Porgie Part 2 'Do you know the answer...' 'The first child will break their hearts, The second child will try to tak

• Thank you. I feel awful writing something like this; family SHOULD try to stick together, no matter what.

As from the prior stories, they are very seperated; they each have their views on the town, the family, etc. As kids, they got along great. (except for the girls and Peter; that sadly never changed.) Georgie and Lyla wanted the kids to experience a life they never knew: away from prying eyes, the Council, Business Offices....Fabletown. Maybe it was too much protecting.....

Georgie TRIED to keep his past a secret; the club, his VERY near death experience, his abusive life at the homelands...he never wanted his children to know ANY of that but secrets can only be hidden for so long and now, as adults, they are suddenly discovering things that were meant to be hidden.

Awww, the ending sentence made me kind of sad. It made me think how separated the Porgie family is, y'know?

• You actually did get the prophecy right for the kids. Like I was telling Dragon above, the kids are now beginning to discover things that were never meant to be: As I explained to you a couple of days ago, Lyla and Georgie WANTED their kids to grow up in a 'normal' life; no Council, no office and nothing from Georgie's past.

Sadly, kids DO get curious and begin to ask questions. Now, as adults, they are finding out those secrets; some using them to better their lives, others to remain on the same road georgie was. Others are still trying to find themselves, while some lost and confused about WHO they are.

It will all make sense once I put it together and go from there. The prophecies will make sense and hopefully, join the Porgies as one again. :)

Oh wow, Pie. These kids! :( I take it the little section in the beginning has to do with the kids' future? I THINK I know which goes to whic

• That's deep stuff, man. ;S

Thank you. I feel awful writing something like this; family SHOULD try to stick together, no matter what. As from the prior stories, t

• edited July 2014
    Chapter 11 Showdown at the Business Office

The Sheriff Bigby has had enough. By using all his strength he breaks free of his restraints and goes wolf on everything. He starts killing the shadows dogs from left to right, it's crazy. Redd is just sitting there as he do it, this is our chance to save Miss white.

Me and Walter make our way towards Miss White and free her, but we suddenly get surrounded by more shadow dogs...

Just when we thought things could get worst, Bufkin starts screaming at us. He then tosses me a bow and some arrows and I make use with them immediately. I manage to take out a hole mob without a scratch, this was too easy..

We turn to see how the Sheriff was doing, and we hear several gun shots go off. Redd shot Bigby 3 times, and as he fall to the floor we watch in horror.. Redd is not finished with Bigby... He then takes out the artifact he stole from the museum and begins to strangle Bigby.

I have enough of this, so I unsheathe my sword and rushes to Bigby's rescue and stab Redd right through the chest. Darkness burst from his chess and blood blood ooze from his wound..

"Motherfuckerr!!! Ahhhhg, that hurts like helllllll!!! I'MA RIP OUT YOUR HEART AND FEED IT TO YOU!"

After that Redd then retreats leaving a trail of black blood behind him. He's not going to get away this time.

Miss Snow is by the terribly injured Bigby and suddenly Cinderella burst through the door with Dr Swineheart and they tend to Bigby's aid. I Then tell Walter that I'm going after Redd and finish this. He thinks i'm crazy and I tell me that I can't hog all the glory. I tell him that this isn't about glory, this is about justice, Redd must pay and we can't let a madman like that get away.

He still refuses to allow me to go by myself, so he tags along anyway. It wouldn't be as interesting without him anyway. Miss Snow tells us to be careful, and we follow the trail of black blood leading us to that basement where the witching well resides. We see Redd standing there still bleeding black blood..

We then approach....

To be continued
  • I love it! Redd is so deliciously evil!! >:D

Chapter 11 Showdown at the Business Office The Sheriff Bigby has had enough. By using all his strength he breaks free of his restraints

Sign in to comment in this discussion.