Start a Story, be your own Fable. (Create a Fable Thread)

Comments

• Sorry for kind of interrupting your reply - I just wanted to mention that I've very recently started reading that volume!

Another great chapter as usual! Although I do admit that I have been lost in the flurry of comic book references that you've included in thi

• Y'know, I was going to say this before, so I will say this now. But holy shit, Penny! You have the biggest badonkadonks in comparison to Snow's! Like, wow!

In all seriousness, great job, all of them are fantastic. I'm still glad you're sharing your stuff with us on here.

pudding_pie posted: »

Coming soon Just an idea of what is to come. If not written on here, check my DA for updates. GeorgiePuddin.deviantart.com Enjoy!

• Ah, nice! The battle that goes on in there, it was fucking epic. And don't apologize, I don't mind at all!

LupineNoir posted: »

Sorry for kind of interrupting your reply - I just wanted to mention that I've very recently started reading that volume!

• I've just got to the bit where Red Riding Hood's back, and now I'm stoked for that battle!

Ah, nice! The battle that goes on in there, it was fucking epic. And don't apologize, I don't mind at all!

• Be ready for plot twists galore!

I've just got to the bit where Red Riding Hood's back, and now I'm stoked for that battle!

• Haha, it's alright. Her mom is Winter, who is Snow White's daughter. Winter is the North Wind so basically she can be whatever the hell she wants to be.

Loved it! Your stories have so much fun detail. Forgive me but who is Harmony's mother again. Sorry. My brain has been consumed with pudding and pie. XD Can't read your next chapter. Aww and you are too sweet. blush

• That's my FAVORITE story arc!!! Ahh :D Sometimes I use the cover of that volume as my phone background xD Sorry for kind of loosing you in the references. There is so much that happens, it's hard for even me to remember things, but I like to keep my stories as recent as the newest issues. In order to move forward though, I might have to speed up time in my part to the possible future, though that also complicates things in regards to being "canon" I suppose. I might just re-read the Wooden Soldiers because I really liked that one a lot.

Another great chapter as usual! Although I do admit that I have been lost in the flurry of comic book references that you've included in thi

• I actually kinda feel bad for Winter :( I guess I never really said it, but it was implied that she did love him when he was around. It's almost like a mirror situation with Bigby's mother and the old North Wind, if you've read that. It's in 1001 Nights of Snowfall, if you want to go read it. Charming kinda reminds me of Ryan from Beyond Two Souls (They both have eye patches and similar features, lol) I've always liked him despite his tendencies. He was probably one of the greatest leaders Fabletown had, and I wish he'd step up in the comics and resume as mayor. I hope I haven't spoiled anything for you in this post, although I'm sure I have T-T

Excellent! I actually feel a little sorry for Charming after reading this; even if he is a no-good womaniser, he still loves his kids and would go and see them.

• Oh, all this time I figured that you were the one and only true Fables comic extraordinaire! No excuses! (I'm kidding, Miss Fables expert) :P

It's alright btw, I don't mind. Someday I will read all of the comics, someday... (looks out into distance)

Good to know that you're willing to revisit a classic read.

EMMYPESS posted: »

That's my FAVORITE story arc!!! Ahh Sometimes I use the cover of that volume as my phone background xD Sorry for kind of loosing you in the

• Clears throat Yes...Penny does have very nice 'assets'. XD One of the MANY reason's why she's Oliver's 'favorite' girl.

Thanks. :) IF I do color them, they will be on my DA. Can't wait to get started. Glad everyone enjoys em'.

Y'know, I was going to say this before, so I will say this now. But holy shit, Penny! You have the biggest badonkadonks in comparison to Sno

• Uh duh! XD Thank you! I THOUGHT so but to save myself from humiliation, thought I'd ask the writer JUST in case. :) Again, wonderful chapter and can't wait for more.

Haha, it's alright. Her mom is Winter, who is Snow White's daughter. Winter is the North Wind so basically she can be whatever the hell she wants to be.

• Alt text

Sorry for kind of interrupting your reply - I just wanted to mention that I've very recently started reading that volume!

• You've definitely got across the hurt love by the way she's usually reacted to him. Charming seems like a roguish good guy, and is endearing despite his tendencies, as you say. Don't worry about spoilers - I can check out 1001 Nights now, and if anything, reading about what happens in future issues makes me want to turn the pages even quicker! While still checking out the excellent drawing and inking in the comics, of course.

I actually kinda feel bad for Winter I guess I never really said it, but it was implied that she did love him when he was around. It's almo

• Oh man, I love rereading the first handful of issues. It's like going down memory lane when things were so much more trivial compared to all the things they have to deal with now. It gives off a bit of nostalgia, lol.

Oh, all this time I figured that you were the one and only true Fables comic extraordinaire! No excuses! (I'm kidding, Miss Fables expert) :

• Enjoy! Eat some buttery popcorn while you're at it! XD

Oh man, I love rereading the first handful of issues. It's like going down memory lane when things were so much more trivial compared to all the things they have to deal with now. It gives off a bit of nostalgia, lol.

• edited July 2014

Chapter 13 Conclusion Part 1

Bigby continues to battle Redd. He's doing better than before and he even used his trademark huff and puff thing..but It barley harms Redd though since he's basically the shadows. I try to help myself up, but suddenly I feel this pain in my left leg.. and man did it hurt like hell. I ignored it and got right back up, I need to check on Walter.

I slowly walked over to where Walter was and he was there in pain. One is his ribs broken, and a arm and leg severely fractured He doesn't look good I need to get him out of here and find Swineheart.

I try to lift Walter up but Redd stops me and says "Where the hell do you think you are going??"

This is bad..Redd got Bigby, again. Even in his wolf form he's still no match for Redd. How can you beat something like this...? Hey...is that Ms Snow and what is she holding? Some kind of bird cage?

"REDD WAIT, THERE'S SOMEONE WHO WANT'S TO SEE YOU!"

She opens the cage and out flies a raven who descends onto the ground and transform into a Man. The man looks around then looks directly at Redd.

"Hello my son, It's been too long. You have your mothers eye's"

Redd is in complete shock. He approaches the man then reverts back into his human form. He walks closer to the man and places his hand upon him.

"Father you...., you are alive..?"

"Yes my son, yes. You're crooked father... is alive.. I expect you to have many questions.."

Bigby raises his head then looks at Ms. Snow. I am a bit lost at the moment, but my only focus right now is too make sure Walter is safe. I picked him up and carried him out of the witching well room. Dr.Swineheart was waiting at the top of the steps waiting. I put Walter into his care and tells me that Walter is in critical condition and he lost a lot of blood.

I then hear a loud roar from down stairs... I don't think this is over. Things just got real-- er...

To be continued

• Oop, another cliffhanger! Dammit, Stone.

MasterStone posted: »

Chapter 13 Conclusion Part 1 Bigby continues to battle Redd. He's doing better than before and he even used his trademark huff and puff t

• Oh, man! Who's Redd's mother?

Chapter 13 Conclusion Part 1 Bigby continues to battle Redd. He's doing better than before and he even used his trademark huff and puff t

• OMG! Wow, did NOT expect any of that! Now my curiosity needle has flown off and is going insane. This was great, Stone! Can't wait to read more! :D

• You will find out by the end of next chapter.

Oh, man! Who's Redd's mother?

• Chapter 1

'Monster'

'I feel it deep within, its just beneath the skin, I must confess that I feel like a monster. I hate what I've become, the nightmare has just begun, I must confess that I feel like a monster.' -Skillet

'DADDY! Daddy, get up! You promised me you'd take me to the forest today!'

Okay, Katie, sweetie. Give daddy a minute...'

'Is Jersey still going with us, too?'

'You know he is, my silly puppy.'

'Daddy, what's this scar from?'

'Which one, baby? Daddy has a lot of them...'

'This one-across your belly.'

'That one...that was a long time ago, Katie. Daddy...he, did some things that got him into a lot of trouble. He almost-he, uh...it doesn't matter now, Katherine. It was an accident. He's all better now....'

'How did you get better?'

'Your mother....'

Every fucking time. Stupid fucking memories and how they have the ability to show at the most random times in our lives. I tried to ignore my five year old self, as I reached into the oven and pulled out mom's famous potato and cheese dish. My nostrils were instantly hit with the aroma of cheese, bacon and green onions. Damn you, mom. There goes my diet.

"You need help, Katie?" I turn around; Ethan is standing beside me, holding napkins and a few cups.

"No, I got this. Thank you." He smiles and leans in for a hug; really, now, while I'm holding a screaming hot pan?

"Nice to see you, Katie. You look great. It's been awhile. You should stop by the club more often. I'd love to see you-sure Emily would-"

"No offense, Ethan. I'd love to visit you both but not at that wretched club. I know what my sister does and I'd appreciate it if you didn't involve me. Besides, I'm very busy these days..."

"Yeah...so I heard."

I refused to acknowledge Ehan's childish behavior, as I took out the sour cream, mixed it and placed it besides the potato dish. I was not in the mood to surrender to my brother's needs. He knew where I was-they ALL did. Right on cue, Penelope walks in.

"You need help?"

"No, Penny. Gees, you two-I'm not a child. I can DO things on my own."

"MOM sent me in here, so relax."

She began to fiddle with the silver ware. "And anyways, I wanted to come see you..."

"Why? You saw me out there."

"Too many people around." She looked over at Ethan, who was currently pouring ice tea into two glasses. "I'll uh, wait until we are alone tonight."

Penny was a strange one sometimes; it never made sense to me half the things she did on a daily basis. I rolled my eyes, grabbed what I came in the kitchen for and walked back out into the dinning area. Everyone was sitting and waiting patiently for my arrival. Dad's eyes lit up like a Christmas tree, the second he noticed the red baking dish.

"Oh, I think I know what THAT is!"

When I placed the dish down, I saw who I was sitting next to-Peter looked over and our eyes met. Ugh. He had his eyes; that same cocky, arrogant look sitting upon his face. He tried to smile but I ignored his actions. A small fragment of my being felt terrible for the kid; he didn't ask to be HIS child, his flesh and blood. Maybe this tiny section was enough for me to disregard and try to get along. I pulled out my chair, sat down and relaxed.

"Hey, Katie. It's....it's nice to see you."

"Yeah. you too, Peter."

It was actually satisfying to see us all together; think the last time we were all together, it was two years ago at a birthday party. I, however, refused to hold Peter's hand, as we said grace before dinner. Dad noticed this; I have not seen that glare in years. We passed around the various dishes mom cooked: Roasted chicken, the chesse potato dish, green beans and rolls. For a few minutes, we ate in silence until dad spoke.

"It's nice having you all here tonight. I know you all are very busy."

Junior looked up from his plate. "It's no problem. Glad to be here, dad. This is delicious, mom." Both mom and dad smiled. Dad continued to speak.

"So Junior. How are the kids?"

"Growing like weeds."

"Your mother was on the phone earlier with your Aunt Carla and she mentioned Holly gave you a week's paid vacation. You excited?"

"Yeah. Gives me a chance to catch up on some much needed sleep..."

"George and Sheila with Mary?"

"Yup." Emily looked up from her plate and glanced at Junior. "What Emily?"

"You think that is WISE to leave that psycho bitch alone with two small kids?"

"That PSYCHO bitch is my girlfriend and the mother to my children. I TRUST her completly with them."

"Well, fuck, Junior! Aren't you afraid she will take them into the mirror and-"

"That is enough, Emily!" Dad quickly tried to change the subject; think we could all feel the tension hanging over our heads.

"Look at all of you. So grown up. Not too long ago, it seemed like we had six tiny Porgies running around causing chaos-"

"Five Porgies, dad. FIVE..." Mom was appalled by this; we all were. Ethan dropped his fork, as he turned to face Peter. I swear, think he was growling at that very second.

"PENELOPE RENEE PORGIE! You apologies right now young lady!"

"What?! I'm only speaking the truth! Am I right, Katie! She will back me up! I know you three won't say a damn thing-"

"Shut the fuck up, Penelope! Don't you DARE take me down with you!" God, Emily. You looked like shit. "And besides, no one MADE you show up tonight! If PETER is going to ruin your night, then just fuckin' leave already!"

Mom slammed her plate down. "That is enough! The both of you!"

"I WANTED to come! This is a PORGIE dinner and I don't think HE should be here-and neither should you!"

"What is THAT supposed to mean?! I SHOULDN'T be here?!"

"Look at you! All strung out-looks like you haven't slept in days! I HEARD mom and dad had to bail you out of jail again! Seriously, Emily-maybe this isn't the meal you were hoping would be cooked in the kitchen tonight-"

We watched in horror, as Emily grabbed her butter knife and lunge at Penny; she pinned her to the ground, cups, plates and food flying in various directiosn. Mom screamed in agony, as he tried to pull Emily off.

"GET OFF OF ME, YOU PSYCHO BITCH!"

"Least I don't let my PIMP slap me around like a worthless heap of fuckin' trash!" Penny punched Emily in the face, only to be hit right back. Emily plunged the knife into Penny's arm and we watched, as blood formed around the wound and drip down her elbow. Mom picked up the phone and began to dial; I knew exactly WHO she was calling. Dad managed to grab Emily and wrestle her to the ground. If anyone could hadle Emily, it was dad; sadly, he knew all to well what she was going through.

"Emily! Emily....sssh, sssh, baby...calm down! Just, calm down..."

I peered over and found Junior's eyes a solid icy blue and dark blue clouds enveloping his palms. He was ready to stop Penny-the only way he knew how. I was shocked to see him prepared to end this silly little fued. Mom came back into the room.

"He...he will be here in five minutes-"

"You didn't need to call him, Lyla! We have this covered!"

"Georgie! Our daughters were trying to KILL each other! We can't do this alone! You yourself can't deal with this-"

"I've got this, Lyla! I don't need him or anyone else getting involved! These are MY kids and I'll fuckin' handle them the way it should have been! Call him back, thank him for his time and let US deal with them!" As he finished speaking, he began to cough; when he looked down, there was a small circle of blood. We all stood revolted, as mom picked dad up. We could hear her whispering to dad.

"Georgie, you need to calm down. Please. You're going to send yourself into another attack. Sit down and calm yourself. Let me handle the kids."

"Lyla-"

I looked over at Penny; she had her fingers wrapped around the wound and began to heal herself. Ethan stood still against the window; the poor kid had no idea what just took place. Junior was outraged; he had the same look dad had when he was disappointed. Emily was trying to fix herself, while Peter simply stood there and kept his eyes on me. They were a dark shade of yellow. Dad sat on the couch; we could hear him crying. Mom stood with her arms folded; no sooner had she called, he was here.

I could hear his footsteps, the familiar smell of the Huff n' Puffs engulfing my nose. Peter was gone; Ethan followed him, as they entered the kitchen.

Then, he was there, standing beside my mother-Sheriff Bigby Wolf.

Chapter 2 coming soon

• JJwolfJJwolf Banned

UH! Fuck, man! Excuse my language but damn!

First off, Emily is badass and I'd HATE to mess with her! Second, poor Ethan-seems like the only one that TRIES to keep the peace. Penny is so far a bitch, Katie is the voice of the group, Junior is stuck in the middle and Peter...that poor kid! Even at dinner, they give him a hard time. I feel bad for Lyla and Georgie-all they wanted was a dinner with their kids! :(

Good job, Pie for creating feelings, dude! MORE! This was great! #TeamEmily lol

Chapter 1 'Monster' 'I feel it deep within, its just beneath the skin, I must confess that I feel like a monster. I hate what I've bec

• Before You read, I don't want to confuse anyone. This story is separate from my main one (Should I give it a name? Hmm, something to think about later..) But it will take place in the past, in the Homelands. That being said, I also have a theory of mine that very well might be true. You see, in FAIREST (A spin-off of fables), Rapunzel had twin daughters in the homelands, however she was told they died. The witch who helped her give birth was lying and took the children for herself. I have reason to believe that it could POSSIBLY be Snow White and Rose Red. They never mentioned having a father, and their mother didn't seem like she was telling them the truth all the time. It was never stated or hinted at, but I think it's a possible explaination. This story holds onto that possible information that could be true. Enjoy!

"I'm so sorry, Sweetheart. They died!"

"B-but.. I can hear them-"

"Nonsense! It could be the magical spell talking. I will dispose of the bodies, you don't have to. Get some rest, Deary."

"But-"

The old woman left. She exited the cocoon of hair that young woman - Did she say her name was Rapunzel? - Rapunzel concocted to be safe from danger in. Had she known a witch would come by and steal her beautiful babies, she'd have reinforced it a bit more.

The woman laid each twin in a wide basket.

"Today is my lucky day. She had TWO babies. My sister is going to be happy to finally be a mother."

The old woman walked the path through the woods. Among things, she passed an old gingerbread house, a pair of cute children.

"Far too old for my sister. She would love to have these little babies more than already growing children." She kept up her pace down the beaten path.

Through the brush she could see the kingdom and all it's glory,"It's going to be a while before I get to her cottage. I'd better take a rest in one of the inns. Besides, these babies need more care."

She entered the town around sunset. It still bustled with life, though she didn't notice most of the celebration that was going on around her.

"The Queen is expecting a child!" Someone near her exclaimed.

"Hopefully a boy," Another muttered.

"I heard she will call him Charming. Doesn't that sound lovely? Prince Charming."

The woman ignored it all and pushed open the door to a run down tavern. The man behind the bar thought nothing of her until he heard the cry of an infant baby erupt from the basket she carried.

"You have a baby?" He asked.

"Two, actually. I was wondering if there were somewhere I could rest."

He eyed her up. He was always suspicious of old women and babies. The last witch he encountered was boasting about how she loved the taste of children.

"My daughter died in childbirth today. I'm taking my two granddaughters to a family friend in the next kingdom, but it's hard being so old. I've decided to rest until morning, if you don't mind."

"Hmm. Alright. I've got a spare room upstairs. I'll send some milk up with one of my workers. Make sure you keep them quiet is all."

"Not a problem. Thank you. Here, some money for your troubles."

"No thanks, ma'am. You'll need it on your journey."

She smiled and carried the two babies upstairs, into the room he'd directed her to go to. It was small, with a bed and an oil lamp. She set the basket down and pulled out one of the girls. They were both bald, but you could tell that this one had red hair by the color of her eyebrows.

"Huh. Red, like the roses in my sister's garden. Rose Red. That sounds like a good name for you." She swaddled the baby in a large piece of cloth and lay her on the bed.

She picked the other baby up,"You look like you will have black hair. But your skin is so much paler than your sister. There are also white roses in the garden my sister has. They're white as snow. Hmm...Snow White. Rose Red, Snow White." The woman laughed gently swaddling the second baby in another piece of cloth. She let them sleep beside each other on the bed while she began putting a portal spell into place.

"I mustn't wait any longer. I'm too eager to give her these beautiful girls," The woman grabbed each child as soon as the portal opened wide. On the other side, you could see the little cottage, shining in the moonlight. She stepped through and watched it close behind her. They passed the red and white rose bushes walking up to the door. Placing the girls back into her basket, she knocked three times. A few minutes passed and the door opened. A younger, tired looking version of the old woman answered.

"Sister! I have brought you a gift. I know you've been without your husband for several years now, and you never bore any children with the man. I have twin girls for you. Snow White, and Rose Red. They're your daughters now."

The younger woman was speechless. Two baby girls, all hers. She was never happier.

She took the babies in her arms and held them, tears of joy flowing down her face.

Her sister disappeared.

The girls were sound asleep.

Rose Red.

Snow White.

Such beautiful names, she thought.

• Pie, you have done it again with this professionally-written chapter. Here, have my enchanted wine.

Chapter 1 'Monster' 'I feel it deep within, its just beneath the skin, I must confess that I feel like a monster. I hate what I've bec

• edited July 2014

Most interesting! How imaginative of you that you decided to write a story about stuff that wasn't dwelled upon too often in the comics, very well-done, Em. I approve!

And, when you described the witch that had an acquired taste for children, it reminded me of Hansel and Gretel. (both the movie and the story) I dunno if you intended for it to be a reference to that. :P

Before You read, I don't want to confuse anyone. This story is separate from my main one (Should I give it a name? Hmm, something to think a

• Well thank you. I'd love some of that enchanted wine! :)

Pie, you have done it again with this professionally-written chapter. Here, have my enchanted wine.

• I love your take on Snow and Red's past; its not mentioned all too often and its fun reading other people's interpretations on characters. :)

Brilliant and hope you continue with this.

Before You read, I don't want to confuse anyone. This story is separate from my main one (Should I give it a name? Hmm, something to think a

• It was on purpose. The Hansel and Gretel witch is actually Frau Totenkinder, if you hadn't already known that. the two children the old woman ran into were actually supposed to be Hansel and Gretel as well.

Most interesting! How imaginative of you that you decided to write a story about stuff that wasn't dwelled upon too often in the comics, ver

• Yeah, this may or may not make it's way to my main story. Still internally debating it. It probably will, I just have to figure out how to do it. It's something I've always wondered ever since I read the first story arc in Fairest (That arc deals with Rapunzel's past and her missing children, who were twin girls.) I thought it was way too coincidental that Rose and Snow are twins, like wouldn't it be crazy is Rapunzel was their real mother and no one ever knew?

I love your take on Snow and Red's past; its not mentioned all too often and its fun reading other people's interpretations on characters. Brilliant and hope you continue with this.

• Gotcha, and no, I did not know that. Either way, I approve. (muahaha)

It was on purpose. The Hansel and Gretel witch is actually Frau Totenkinder, if you hadn't already known that. the two children the old woman ran into were actually supposed to be Hansel and Gretel as well.

• Lyla and Georgie seem to be the most hurt by the feuding; it's a shame they can't all get along.

Of course, if they did all get along, there might not be much of a story - great work!

• edited July 2014

Your theory makes a lot of sense; I'd honestly be surprised if it wasn't the actual case, because it fits very well. Either way, your stories often come across as being canon, well done!

• Chapter 2

'Bended knees'

'Dad, how come Penny and Katie don't like me?'

'What are you talikng about, Peter? Of course they like you. You are their brother-'

'Katie said I'm not...Penny also told me I was a mistake that never should have happened.'

'You were NOT a mistake. You were very much wanted...'

'Dad...how come I don't look like you?'

'Katie looks nothing like me. In fact, she looks too much like mommy. That's the funny thing about genetics-'

'Daddy-who is Bigby Wolf and why did uncle Gren say that yesterday?'

'No one. The fuckin' mongrel is a mistake. Besides, your uncle Gren is a bloody alcoholic...'

As I tossed the glass, it nearly struck Ethan in the face; my twin brother was cowering in the corner and using the broom as a sheild. I tried counting to ten-1, 2, 3....8...and by the time I reached ten, the beast within was calm and I was able to collect my thoughts. I rubbed my eyes and turned to face Ethan.

"Peter...you okay? Your eyes-"

"I'm fine, Ethan. Just...needed a second to think."

"Penny didn't mean that, Peter-"

"Yes she did, Ethan. You KNOW she meant every fucking word that came flying out of her mouth! Fuck-as if things can't possibly get worse, HE shows up! For what?! What in God's holy name, is he going to fucking do?! He can't even properly raise a child-"

I kick one of the stools and watch it slide to the door and slam into it; Ethan nearly had to jump to avoid being struck by flying furniture. The kitchen door opened and there stood Junior and Emily; I could hear mom, dad and HIM talking in the living room.

"Where is Penny and Katie?"

"Katie is outside on the phone-not sure with who-and Penny is upstairs, cleaning her wounds."

"Serves her right...."

Junior sighed, as he grabbed a cup and filled it with tap water. I watched him slowly sip it until there was nothing left. "You need to calm down, Peter-"

"Calm down?! Did you NOT hear her!? Of all the fucking times to pull this stunt! This is why I hate coming over here, when SHE is invited as well!" Emily grabbed my shoulder and tightly grabbed it.

"Fucking ignore her, Peter! Bloody fuckin' bitch needs to learn her place. No disrespect, I love my sister to death but she has no right to speak. Just look at her life! All she ever does, is get smacked around a few times, then covers up the mess like it never happened."

"Oliver is beating her?" I was surprised to hear this; although Penny and I rarely got along, she was never known to take a punch and ignore it. She used to fight back all the time. Junior was silent; I'm guessing he already knew but was not too thrilled it was continuing.

"Look, we all need to put this bullshit to the side, go out there and 'pretend' we all give a fuck, just for their sake."

I stood up and carefully walked to the door; I was curious about the conversation my parents were having with 'Him.' I leaned my ear out towards the openeing and carefully listened.

"Bigby, please-"

"Lyla, this is not fair! He's just a few feet away from me and I can't even-"

"Look, I called you because I THOUGHT we were going to need help. I knew it was a mistake. Should've called my father-"

"Lyla, please-just, let me see him!"

"No, Bigby! Now, I'm sorry I called you! Really, I mean that but I THOUGHT something terrible was going to happen and-"

"Lyla-"

"Go home, Bigby. Go home to your family and forget all of this. I should have called my father instead...fuck, even Gren-"

"Lyla, please-"

I watched as my father slowly stand up and walk beside my mother. He was fumming. I knew that sour look all too well.

"She said no, Bigby."

"Stay the fuck out of this, Georgie! This is not your concern!"

"Fuck you, wolf. This is MY concern! That's my fuckin' son and I'll be damned if you come into MY home and threaten my family!"

"I tore you open once and I'll do it again, you piece of shit!"

I watched in horror, as HE lunged at my father and pinned him to the ground. My mother began pounding her fists against HIS back; I could see the hair growing, teeth showing and the growls growing louder. My father did not stand a chance; he could barley move under the weight of HIS body. I tried to move but my legs refused to budge. It felt like heavy cement blocks were tied to my ankles.

"Dad!" HE peered up, just as my mother turned, tossed her body into his and began to fight the massive wolf. She latched her fangs into his arm, the blood dripping from the open flesh. Junior gathered dad up, waved his palms around and created a blue sheild surrounding them both. Katie must have heard the commotion, for she too, was standing in the hallway. I turned to see Emily, who was now loading a gun.

"Stupid fucking animal! I HATE the law and I HATE fuckin' dogs!"

Before she could aim it at HIM and pull the trigger, Ethan grabbed her from behind and hurled Emily into the wall.

"Move, glitter! I ain't got fuckin' time for this shit!"

"Stop, Emily! This won't solve a damn thing!"

"KATIE! Turn and help mom! I...I can't sheild dad off much longer!"

"Junior, no! I can't...I, I...no..."

Junior began to struggle, as the sheild slowly vanished.

"KATIE!"

Before she had a chance, I was in full wolf form and charging at HIM; how dare he bring harm and chaos to my parents. I flung myself against HIM, took my front paws and pressed down into his throat. HE began to snap at me. My snarls and growls deepened, as I lowered my jaw and gripped it on his shoulder. HE let out a painful yelp, as he threw me into the wall, causing several shelves to tumble down.

"Peter, no son....stop..." I glanced over at my father, who's pleas and tears caught my attention. "No, Peter. You are better than this..."

HE must have noticed my father, for HIS head hung low and whimpers began escaping his mouth. The giant wolf peered into my eyes; they were the same color as my very own. I felt pity for the old wolf, as he turned to face my mother.

"I'm....I'm sorry, Lyla. I'm...I'm sorry everyone. I...I don't know what came over me..." As he slowly turned back into man, he looked back once more in my direction; blood, tears and claw marks created his once perfect face. "Forgive me, Peter..."

My mother rushed to my aid, gathered me in her arms and began rocking me back and forth. "It's okay, Peter...turn back, sweetie. You don't have to protect us anymore..." Dad managed to walk over and bury his face into my fur; within seconds, I too was man and had both my parents on each side.

"There he is, there is my boy."

As dad and I embraced one another, mom stood up and sighed; the entire lower half of the apartment as in shambles. It looked like a warn stricken country and my siblings and I had the appearance of soilders lost in battle. She bent down, picked up a dish and began to chuckle.

"Oh. It's never a dull moment around the Porgie clan, is it? Well, I promised myself we were going to have dinner together. Plan B. Who's in the mood for takeout, hm?"

To avoid further altercations, we all agreed on mom's proposel. When mom wanted something, god help you if you tried to argue. We all sorta learned to just go along with it, no matter how strange it seemed to be. As she and my other siblings left the room, Katie however, continued to stand back into the shadows, as dad hugged me. I wrapped my giant arms around his tiny frail body; have not hugged him like this in a long time.

"My boy...my little wolf cub...my Peter."

"I'm...I'm sorry, dad. Its just, he-"

"Sssh, Peter. I don't care about that. Let me hold my boy."

'Peter, what are you doing? Why are you shaving all your fur off?'

'I WANNA BE LIKE YOU, DADDY! Katie...Katie and Penny said...If I look like you, maybe they will stop...'

'Oh, Peter. C'mon over here. Let me hold my boy.'

'I just wanna look like you, daddy!'

'You know, I'm glad you don't look like me.'

'How come, daddy?'

'Cause, I don't think daddy would look very good as a wolf! You look like mommy-she makes a better wolf! Now, maybe if you had my hat on and-oh, look at that! NOW you look just like me. See. You are a Porgie...sometimes, it takes others a lot longer to accept something in their lives. Your sisters...they will come around, Peter. Just remember, son-no matter what anyone tells you or try to make you feel, always rememeber this-genetics do not make us the same. Its what's inside of here that does...'

Chapter 3 coming soon.

• JJwolfJJwolf Banned

That last part, Pie...I could see Georgie holding this little wolf wearing his hat. My god...ever since I began reading your stuff and know you personally, all this has touched my heart. You have taken a character NO ONE can stand, gave him a second chance and explained HIS side of the story. You have given us a man who loves his wife, his kids and wants nothing but the best. :)

So, after that being said, I enjoyed this. Seems all is calm now...for now. Can't wait for the next chapter. :) Great work. Will there be artwork on the next chapter?

Chapter 2 'Bended knees' 'Dad, how come Penny and Katie don't like me?' 'What are you talikng about, Peter? Of course they like you

• Haha, thanks. I hate when I read fanfictions that are absolutely in no way possible to ever happen, so I like to keep mine as believable as possible. When I read those issues of Fairest, the whole time I was like,"She's gonna find out that Snow and Rose are her daughters, I call it!" But it ended with her memory being wiped by a spell of ever having twins. I was like,"Goddammit. Now we'll never know."

Your theory makes a lot of sense; I'd honestly be surprised if it wasn't the actual case, because it fits very well. Either way, your stories often come across as being canon, well done!

• Dies from feels

Chapter 2 'Bended knees' 'Dad, how come Penny and Katie don't like me?' 'What are you talikng about, Peter? Of course they like you

• edited July 2014

Chapter 3

'Mirror, mirror...'

This was fun writing. Sorry if it seems so short. TRYING not to make them too long, either. XD If you are confused about ANYTHING, leave me them wonderful comments down below and I will anser as quickly as possible. :)

Enjoy!

Alt text

Alt text

'Dad, how come people in town say you used to be a bad man?'

'Daddy did some things he is not proud of, Junior.'

'Like what?'

'Oh, nothing for you to concern yourself with. It happened long before you were even born.'

'How come, when one of us sings the song, you get angry?'

'Daddy just...would rather you kids NOT sing that song....'

'How come?'

'It takes daddy to a terrible place....'

Peter and my father were inseperable the rest of the night; Penny avoided both of them like the plague. Eventually, she left early. Thank the lord. Love my sister but there are times, I wonder if she even THINKS before she acts. Mom looks devestated once more; fuck, man. What the hell is wrong with us?

We ended up eating what food was not destroyed and some Chinese mom ordered. I would glance at the clock and watch as the hands ticked on and continued going around and around. How boring that must be, I thought.

As I finished eating the remaining rice on my plate, my phone began to ring; the song echoed around me, whiich forced everyone to look up. Emily tried not to giggle, as mom's eyes seem to grow with each word.

'Come on, get down with the sickness! you fuckers get down with the sickness!'

"I uh, will you excuse me for a moment?" I literally ran outside and stood against the porch. I answered the call; it was Mary.

"Well, how is everything, my little Porgie Worgie?"

"Its uh, great! Yeah! Having a wonderful time!"

"Damn. Wish I could be there. Would have loved to see the big fight up close and personal. I love a GOOD blood bath."

"You...you know about that?"

"Sweetie, remember-mirrors are my gateway to the world around me. Besides, the kids were asleep and i needed some good ol' fashioned entertainment. And what about that Penny-"

"Please, Mary-okay? It's been a long night and I'd like it if you didn't have something to say ALL the time..."

"Hmmm. Well that's not very fun-"

"I'll be home in a bit. Just, stop watching people all the time."

Before I could finish, she hung up the phone. Great. I was going home to THAT. I sighed, walked back inside and excused myself. Again, mom seemed upset but understood; when was the next time I was going to get a week off from anything? She seemed to suffocate what air I had, as her hug grew tighter and tighter. Dad laughed and gave me a small slap on the back.

"It was nice seeing you, son. Tell Mary we said hi and if next time she wishes to join us-"

"Bring the kids, too! Nana misses her little mirror jumping, demon summoning grandbabies."

"Mom-"

I gave them each another hug, embraced my remaining siblings and left. The car was warm, as I drove down the busy street and back into my side of town. As I pulled up, I noticed my porch light was out.

"Mental note-get more lightbulbs." I clicked the carm alarm on and walked up the stairs to my apartment. After tonight, I needed some quiet time but knew it was not a guarantee. I was surprised to find the room so quiet.

"Hello? Mary...I'm home-"

Alt text

When I finally did find Mary, she was in nothing but a white t-shirt, spralled along my bed. Several candles were lit, as they flickered and bounced against the walls. She was smiling and beckoned me to join her on the bed. I did not hesitate, as I began to undress and make my way to her.

"Hello, Mr. Porgie. Nice to have you home."

"What, uh-what's all this for?"

"Well, after the circus came to town, I figured you'd need some relaxation when you came home."

"The kids asleep?"

"Yup. Don't worry-mommy has this covered. Its daddy's turn now..."

I laid flat on my belly, as Mary climbed onto my back, positioned herself in the middle and began to rub my shoulders. Ooooh, yeah-this was nice. There was some music playing softly on the dresser.

"Oh, sweetie-this is nice...."

"You need it, my pudding & pie. After tonight, you need to clear your mind-"

"I don't get Katie OR Penny sometimes. I mean, grow the fuck up! We are not kids anymore, you know?"

"No offense, love but they will do whatever the fuck they want to do. Since when can you keep Katie on a leash or shut Penny up for more than two seconds?"

"This is different, though. They insulted Peter again and made my parents a complete mess."

"Well, Georgie should be use to messes."

I glared at Mary, who continued to rub my lower back. "What does that mean?"

"What, Junior?"

"He's USE to messes? Like you fucking know-"

"Look, I'm just saying. Your father was notorious for kicking up dust and then getting lost in his own mess. Think that is why he does not freak out and fall off the train like your mom does-"

"Yeah, well-you were no saint either."

I grabbed my cigarettes and headed to the back. I could hear the stomping from within the bedroom; she was not pleased and wanted me to know. I pulled one out, lit the front and leaned against the metal bar.

"No, you are right-I wasn't!"

"Just drop it, Mary! Its been a long night-" She turned me around, grabbed my cigarette and tossed it to the side. "What the hell, man!?"

"I will NOT have this be ignored. I will not have you be like him-"

She came to a stop when the words spewed out of her mouth; my heart sank, for the truth finally came out.

"Junior-"

"So, that's it, huh? You think I'm him, don't you? You think, just because I HAVE his name, I'm going to BE him? I may not know it all but I know enough to stay away from that bullshit! Emily wants it, so be it! I can't believe you-"

"Fuck it, man! I didn't mean-uh! I meant to say..."

I exhaled deeply and looked out into the city. I knew what she meant; heard it all my life and even to this day. I loved my father; there were things I heard by accident that would make the most loyal child think twice about their respect and love for that person. Indeed, he was an awful man long before I was even thought of; fuck, Mary knew more about him then my own mother.

"Its...its fine, Mary. Let's just get to bed, okay?"

Alt text

Alt text

The sond we walked back into the bedroom, I had already forgotten what Mary said. I was too busy holding her in my arms; i know she didn't mean to say those things. I gave her another chance; we all deserved that extra chance.

'Dad, why don't we know your family?'

'You are my family, Junior...'

'No, I mean YOUR mommy and daddy. We know Nana and Papa-'

'That's all the grandparents you will ever need, Junior.'

'Did they die? Daddy?'

'Listen, Junior. I don't...I just don't have parents. I have you, your brothers and sisters and your mommy-that's all the family daddy wants, okay?'

'Okay....I love you.'

'I love you too, son. Now, let's go find mommy...'

• JJwolfJJwolf Banned

Uh! The drawings! Mary and Junior! So cute!!!! XD

I loved this story, btw pie! You can sense the love he has for both his parents and Mary. Can't wait for more!

Chapter 3 'Mirror, mirror...' This was fun writing. Sorry if it seems so short. TRYING not to make them too long, either. XD If you ar

• Nice job with the childhood memories you've been including in the italicized text in this and the previous parts! That's what they're supposed to be, right?

And oh man, that picture at the end, I love the details you put in with the messed up hair and her true eyes. >:D

Chapter 3 'Mirror, mirror...' This was fun writing. Sorry if it seems so short. TRYING not to make them too long, either. XD If you ar

• Yes, those are the childhood memories I'll be throwing in, just to help give you guys an idea of WHY the kids have so much anger towards one another.

And thank you. Hate how blurry some of them came out but what can you do. :D

Nice job with the childhood memories you've been including in the italicized text in this and the previous parts! That's what they're suppos

Sign in to comment in this discussion.