Episodes 4/5 M.I.A.

So I too am experiencing the issue where, despite having the full series on Steam, episodes 4 and 5 are still listed as "Coming Soon!" in-game. I've done hours of searching online for a viable solution and have found none, or at least none that work. Exiting and restarting the game doesn't work. Exiting and restarting Steam to force an update (which never occurs), after deleting the SyncFs folder, doesn't work, and reinstalling the game does me no good, either. After the end of episode 3, not being able to finish the season is MADDENING! Please help.
On PC / Steam, MS C++ up to date, all system drivers / BIOS up to date as well.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/mns7sz

Comments

• It might also be worth mentioning that I had this same issue with Episode 3 of TWD season 2 - though I forgot what the fix was for the issue.

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

I apologize for the inconvenience. It seems as though you have tried all of our potential solutions. My only other recommendation would be to please make sure that your The Wolf Among Us game is set to 'Always keep this game up to date'. To do this, please right click on the game from within your Steam Library and go to Properties. Once in the Properties window, navigate to the Updates tab, and under the Automatic Updates section make sure that the drop down bar is set to Always keep this game up to date.

After you set the game to always update, please close down the Steam Client completely. (Please also make sure to close it if it is still open in the hidden icons in the bottom right of the screen when you click the upward facing arrow. If it is, please right click the Steam icon and click Exit.)

Once Steam is closed, please reopen it, and you should receive any of the necessary updates for The Wolf Among Us to work.

You can also try changing the download region from which your update is coming from. To do this, please click View on the top left of the Steam window, and click Settings from the drop down menu. Once the Settings window is open, click on the Downloads tab, and under the Download Region section, try switching to a different region using the drop down menu. Then close the Settings window, and restart Steam before attempting the update again.

• Thanks for your response - unfortunately, the game was already set to automatically update, with a high-priority setting; also the download region change didn't have any effect, either (even after re-verifying and restarting). Any other suggestions?

I apologize for the inconvenience. It seems as though you have tried all of our potential solutions. My only other recommendation would be t

My apologies, can you please clarify if you have tried disabling any anti-virus or internet firewall programs open and running that may be blocking the games communication with our servers?

USofJR posted: »

Thanks for your response - unfortunately, the game was already set to automatically update, with a high-priority setting; also the download region change didn't have any effect, either (even after re-verifying and restarting). Any other suggestions?

• I have - including operating my PC for some time without any antivirus or firewall active, and nothing solved the issue.

My apologies, can you please clarify if you have tried disabling any anti-virus or internet firewall programs open and running that may be blocking the games communication with our servers?

I apologize. Please try fully restarting Steam a few more times, and Steam should eventually update the game. Unfortunately if your issue remains unresolved, I am out of potential solutions and recommend that you contact Steam Support for further assistance, as it may be an issue with your Steam account.

USofJR posted: »

I have - including operating my PC for some time without any antivirus or firewall active, and nothing solved the issue.

• While I really do appreciate your response and advice, I've been trying the "restart steam and cross your fingers" fix for 3 days now. I can't imagine it's an issue with the steam account, as I had experience the same error with TWD S02E03. If I remember correctly, the only thing that made it work was switching to another network - which unfortunately is not an option this time. If it's possible to get a code for TTG.com please let me know. Thank you.

I apologize. Please try fully restarting Steam a few more times, and Steam should eventually update the game. Unfortunately if your issue re

This discussion has been closed.