The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• But then he knows where they live.

AWESOMEO posted: »

He bans them, so they won't bother us.

• Ok so you can only see our city, right? Are you able to see the address and everything?? o_o And don't like to me.

Hey, if you don't trust me, listen to ATR, she sides with me on this. It's good that you did it in some way, but he's not out to get anyone.

• Ok so you can only see our city, right? Are you able to see the address and everything?? o_o And don't lie to me.

Hey, if you don't trust me, listen to ATR, she sides with me on this. It's good that you did it in some way, but he's not out to get anyone.

• edited July 2014

I want to know this as well.

Because if he knows my address, i'm moving anyway so it won't make a difference. But i'm never coming back there. Fuck that noise.

Ok so you can only see our city, right? Are you able to see the address and everything?? o_o And don't like to me.

• And the only thing he does is ban them, it doesn't affect them physically in any way, and he won't do anything to them.

Look, in theory, he can already track the city, it's not the problem, the IP is still there, but there's no reason to worry, do you really think that the guy can do anything close to that?

But then he knows where they live.

• The f is going on here?

Made it back alive btw :3

• No, only country and city I'm pretty sure, and I don't think I can, I'm not an admin anymore, but I can't track your address down.

Ok so you can only see our city, right? Are you able to see the address and everything?? o_o And don't like to me.

• lol "fuck that noise"?? xD

I want to know this as well. Because if he knows my address, i'm moving anyway so it won't make a difference. But i'm never coming back there. Fuck that noise.

• He can't see your address, only city. And even then it doesn't always get it right, when I looked up mine it was wrong.

Ok so you can only see our city, right? Are you able to see the address and everything?? o_o And don't lie to me.

• edited July 2014

Ugh...... no... i don't freaking know. I just don't want him to know my shit. It's not that I don't trust him, or any of you, it's just that i don't want people to know that much about me. Now he knows my city. What else should I tell you guys? My phone number? My social insurance number? My address? >.<!!

You know how it is. I told you my feelings about this shit.

And the only thing he does is ban them, it doesn't affect them physically in any way, and he won't do anything to them. Look, in theory,

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Oh, I moving to a very small town soon (so small that it wouldn't be too hard to find me), maybe I should get off gig as well.

Found out that the "mods" of giga can find out where we can live with the IP thing....... So i like, freaked out.

• ummmmm ok... ok im fine with that I guess.

No, only country and city I'm pretty sure, and I don't think I can, I'm not an admin anymore, but I can't track your address down.

• Thank God.

He can't see your address, only city. And even then it doesn't always get it right, when I looked up mine it was wrong.

• It's good :P

I meant to reply to Puncake XD Sorry bro :P

• AWESOMEOAWESOMEO Banned
    edited July 2014

Don't we already know the city you live in? That guy isn't even on rn, and him and ATR are the only ones who can look at it, and if you trust them and ask them not to, I don't think they will.

I mean, I'm just a guy too, I can be tracked down just the same, but honestly? After all the awareness lectures and education about this stuff, no one can trick people on the internet anymore, just don't be paranoid is all I ask, because technically he already has it, but he has enough on his mind and I don't think he even gives a shit about where you live.

That said, I respect your decision, don't come back if you feel "violated" by any way, just keep in mind that you can trust me, always.

Ugh...... no... i don't freaking know. I just don't want him to know my shit. It's not that I don't trust him, or any of you, it's just that

• Good. Now it's my turn. Wish me luck, man.

Twistee posted: »

The f is going on here? Made it back alive btw

• edited July 2014

I don't think anyone does, since i never said what it was. Unless you looked it up when you were an admin.

Fuck it, whatever. If you say it doesn't matter then I guess it doesn't matter. -_- It just makes me mad.

Especially since I had no idea that he could tell my IP address when I joined. If I had known, I probably would never have come there. >:( It feels like people have been going behind my back this whole time and I didn't even know.

Don't we already know the city you live in? That guy isn't even on rn, and him and ATR are the only ones who can look at it, and if you trus

• Good luck. Some scary shit out there.

Good. Now it's my turn. Wish me luck, man.

edited July 2014

He can't track you down, it's too general for him to actually find you, and even if he did, he is from Sweden according to the IP, it would be dumb if he said he's from Sweden and then we found out it's a "lie" by looking at his IP, so even if he knows everything about you, he has no motive to cross oceans and make you his sex slave, and I'm exaggerating now to emphasize my point, there isn't very much he can do with that information anyway.

dojo32161 posted: »

Oh, I moving to a very small town soon (so small that it wouldn't be too hard to find me), maybe I should get off gig as well.

• He is actually in Sweden, no doubt there.

He can't track you down, it's too general for him to actually find you, and even if he did, he is from Sweden according to the IP, it would

• 4:04 AM sleep not found.

• Why would we even want to find you?

Ehh probably... just not today.. idk need to think about it. I mean, I trust you guys, its not like any of you are gonna track me down or something. And where I live is EXTREMELY populated, it would be impossible to find me.

• Why freak out? You know that the IP thing isn't always exact right?

Found out that the "mods" of giga can find out where we can live with the IP thing....... So i like, freaked out.

• Even the mods here can know where we live. I don't get why you're freaking out.

He is actually in Sweden, no doubt there.

• Prolly all dat Coffee.

4:04 AM sleep not found.

• I don't think he looked up your IP, and I doubt he has any interest in your personal information. He's a pretty private guy himself.

I don't think anyone does, since i never said what it was. Unless you looked it up when you were an admin. Fuck it, whatever. If you say

• edited July 2014

Why freak out? I have every right to freak out.

Yeah, its not always right, but that means that it COULD be right.

But im ok now.. I'm not worried anymore.

Why freak out? You know that the IP thing isn't always exact right?

• Well, okay. I guess so. You know him better than any of us so I trust you.

I don't think he looked up your IP, and I doubt he has any interest in your personal information. He's a pretty private guy himself.

edited July 2014

Oh wait no, I thought I knew your city, but I got my shit confused.

Still, think about it this way: If I wanted, I could find you, I'm not saying I will, I'm not planning on doing it, but I'm pretty sure that if I try hard enough, I can do it.

My point is that the information is easy to find, you wouldn't believe how many slimy hackers can track you down by tricking you on the internet without even you being aware it's a trap, in the last few years lots of new methods to do that were developed, and I'm freaked out by it too, but I know that no one here will do anything with that information, there's just no way in hell someone would go that far only to lure a couple of kids, I have a bullshit detector and no one here set any alarms to me.

Again, I thought you knew that, when WTWH told me the city I live in I was shocked for a second, then I realized that the guy can't do shit with the small amount of information he has on me, and I'm really sorry that it made you mad, I'm not an admin anymore so I can't do anything anyway >.<

I don't think anyone does, since i never said what it was. Unless you looked it up when you were an admin. Fuck it, whatever. If you say

• I asked WTWH before what city I live In according to my IP and he didn't get it right, it wasn't even near where I live. And I think he can't know your address from your IP.

Why freak out? I have every right to freak out. Yeah, its not always right, but that means that it COULD be right. But im ok now.. I'm not worried anymore.

• That's what I'm trying to clear.

Even the mods here can know where we live. I don't get why you're freaking out.

• Alt text

Because if he knows my address, i'm moving anyway so it won't make a difference. But i'm never coming back there. Fuck that noise.

I'm so proud :'D

My dodgy internet stick pls work I have random periods of internet with this thing but I'm watching this debate

If anyone thinks it's acceptable to give away your address to draw a few scribble lines I honestly call bs XD

I want to know this as well. Because if he knows my address, i'm moving anyway so it won't make a difference. But i'm never coming back there. Fuck that noise.

• edited July 2014

Alt text

1. He has the power no matter the promise to look at all your addresses

2. Is it really worth giving out your address to draw a couple of scribbles lines go on ms paint

3. It is never acceptable to look at a users exact location troll or not he has already manipulated his power

4. This is why I don't go on gigapaint I knew it this would happen not worth it

![Alt text](Alt text

You were the third user of anyone in the Lounge to come there, and he still hasn't done anything after all this time. He really only looks at the IPs of guests who are trolling, so he can figure out who is trolling.

• edited July 2014

Whatever, I don't really care anymore. And I'm moving out of this city anyway soon so it doesn't really matter. >.> Don't know if I'll come back though. Maybe. I'll have to think about it. I'm glad I saved my pictures at least, lol.

Oh wait no, I thought I knew your city, but I got my shit confused. Still, think about it this way: If I wanted, I could find you, I'm no

• Basically every server you join (yes even the forums) gives the admins access to your country and general city, you are never safe on the internet, even if you wrap yourself with fake information the real information can always be dug out, a lot of people do it and nothing happened to you yet, right?

Markd4547 posted: »

* He has the power no matter the promise to look at all your addresses * Is it really worth giving out your address to draw a couple of s

• edited July 2014

yeah I get what you're saying.

Like wtf are they gonna do? Spend their money to buy a plane ticket to come to me and try to find me? pfft hell nah.

Oh wait no, I thought I knew your city, but I got my shit confused. Still, think about it this way: If I wanted, I could find you, I'm no

• My point is, even if he knew your address he lives in a different country. It's not like he'll travel all this distance just to do something to you.

I asked WTWH before what city I live In according to my IP and he didn't get it right, it wasn't even near where I live. And I think he can't know your address from your IP.

• Lol, hi Mark :D

Markd4547 posted: »

Because if he knows my address, i'm moving anyway so it won't make a difference. But i'm never coming back there. Fuck that noise. I

• edited July 2014

Thought it was cool....

Alt text

• @AWESOMEO

Ok... This a little creepy.

Alt text

Sign in to comment in this discussion.