Save game issue

I currently purcheased the game on steam during this year's summer sale, once it was download I play for about an hour and a half but once I started it back up today the save file was blank. I've ran the recommended tool.

Here's the link: www.sendspace.com/file/0o2wft

Any help will be appreciated, thank you.

Comments

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

I apologize for the inconvenience. After looking over your support tool information, there doesn't seem to be a file directory set up for the game to save. Can you please clarify if you installed the game to the default location?

• I assumed it was, all I did was download it. Once finished the game was place under Steam\steamapps\common\Wolf among us. How can i fix this?

Can you please clarify if you have a /Telltale Games/The Wolf Among Us/ folder inside your /Documents folder on your computer? This is where your save files are supposed to be stored to.

I assumed it was, all I did was download it. Once finished the game was place under Steam\steamapps\common\Wolf among us. How can i fix this?

• No I couldn't find one.

The above file path is where your save games are supposed to be stored. Can you please clarify how you installed the game? Also, are you playing locally on your computer, or possibly through a server?

No I couldn't find one.

• I installed the game through steam and I'm playing it through it as while.

The above file path is where your save games are supposed to be stored. Can you please clarify how you installed the game? Also, are you playing locally on your computer, or possibly through a server?

My apologies, do you have Steam installed to the default location on your computer, or do you have a custom install file path for the Steam Client, and games installed to Steam?

I installed the game through steam and I'm playing it through it as while.

• I have it installed in the default location.

My apologies, do you have Steam installed to the default location on your computer, or do you have a custom install file path for the Steam Client, and games installed to Steam?

I recommend deleting and reinstalling The Wolf Among Us in Steam. (You can do this by right-clicking the game from within your Steam Library, and click 'Delete Local Content' then reinstall game.) Then after reinstalling the game, make sure you are connected to the internet, then start the game, and it should update the file directory in order to save successfully.

I have it installed in the default location.

• I've deleted and installed it twice now but it still didn't created a save file.

I recommend deleting and reinstalling The Wolf Among Us in Steam. (You can do this by right-clicking the game from within your Steam Library

After looking over your support tool file again, it seems that you ran The Wolf Among Us in a compatibility mode before. Can you please clarify if you are still running it in compatibility mode, or switched it out of compatibility mode back to default settings?

I've deleted and installed it twice now but it still didn't created a save file.

• I'm probably still running it in compatibility mode, i don't know how to switch the modes on and off.

After looking over your support tool file again, it seems that you ran The Wolf Among Us in a compatibility mode before. Can you please clar

Please right-click on the Game's icon, and click Properties. Then click on the Compatibility tab, and under Compatibility Mode section, can you please clarify if the first box is checked next to 'Run this program in compatibility mode'?

I'm probably still running it in compatibility mode, i don't know how to switch the modes on and off.

This discussion has been closed.