The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• What the fuck, mods? The entire point of the FOTD lounge was for people to be able to talk without cluttering up the story thread! How was the presence of our thread negative in any way?

• I'll do it

I can't guarantee you anything, but I'll try my best to reason with them

Can someone message Blind Sniper?

• I will fight for our lounge.

Where's the artillery?

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited August 2014

Thread: The Random Discussion Thread AKA The "whatever's on your mind" thread & The Forum of the Dead Lounge

Here's a thread for general conversations, in threaded form.

Original threads: Forum of the Dead Lounge post by @Puncake32

"You wanted one guys so here you go, Thanks Lee for making a awesome Story :) Check it out if you haven't done it yet. FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO WANT TO CATCH UP ON THE STORY."

Whatever's on your mind thread 2.0 by @GuruGuru214

"Well, I couldn't close it off without giving you guys another one. There'd be rioting in the streets!

...Man, I really should've taken the opportunity to come up with a better title for this thing.

Anyway, for the uninitiated, here's a thread for discussing whatever catches your fancy. Have fun with it. If you'd like to see the previous 2014 pages of this thread, click here.

And for the record, I am decidedly not craving Taco Bell nachos."

Tell me something random by @Impalala

"For example, I am eating oatmeal in the middle of the night. I'm not kidding I am.

*EDIT Somehow this has turned into a rap battle, as well. Feel free to contribute, LOL.

**EDIT Feel free to also join the giraffe battle that has started."

• Wow, that makes a lot of sense... :/

• I am upset.

• Where did everybody go?

• this is fucking shit we lost 500 pages of memories all because of forum guidelines? where were the fucking guidelines when the thread was made and ran for over 4 months?! huh where were they? yea thats what i thought

• I'm fucking furious! She just shows up and decides to merge our thread, a thread that wasn't bothering anybody, into another because it's "just general talk"! She had absolutely no fucking right to do this, let alone do it without telling us!

ComingSoon posted: »

I am upset.

• You guys do realise you just made all our memories from that place vanish without even warning us, right?

• I am too. I don't see why this was necessary. It's bullshit.

I'm fucking furious! She just shows up and decides to merge our thread, a thread that wasn't bothering anybody, into another because it's "just general talk"! She had absolutely no fucking right to do this, let alone do it without telling us!

• Almost 700 pages of memories drilled into the ground by Jennifer.

Jewfreeus posted: »

this is fucking shit we lost 500 pages of memories all because of forum guidelines? where were the fucking guidelines when the thread was made and ran for over 4 months?! huh where were they? yea thats what i thought

• you had no fucking right jennifer you could have warned us first at least that would have given us time to come to terms with it

AWESOMEO posted: »

You guys do realise you just made all our memories from that place vanish without even warning us, right?

edited August 2014

Don't worry, nothing has been deleted. All of the posts are still there (and I even converted the thread back to threaded style so that the threading would work as it always has). Merging does not delete posts.

• I personally think everybody is overreacting.

Jennifer posted: »

Don't worry, nothing has been deleted. All of the posts are still there (and I even converted the thread back to threaded style so that the threading would work as it always has). Merging does not delete posts.

• So? The merge was useless! It's just gonna be the same thing with the same people talking about the same random shit!

• Alt text

• so what was the point of merging us with a ancient thread then? we were the only one any other threads that were even the closest to ours were all dead and we were not bothering anyone

• You had no right. NO RIGHT.

edited August 2014

The good thing about the merge is that it's in now in general chat instead of forum games, so it will show up in the main forum list and will be able to be seen by more people, and will be able to be more easily accessed.

• No, it's not worth what you did. Don't try to justify it with bullshit.

The good thing about the merge is that it's in now in general chat instead of forum games, so it will show up in the main forum list and will be able to be seen by more people, and will be able to be more easily accessed.

• Alt text

• Oh, but thank God we have been merged with a dead thread and have a stupid title now!

All hail Jennifer, who saved the forums from certain doom!

• What the hell happened while I was sleeping?

• Jennifer fucked everything up.

What the hell happened while I was sleeping?

• yea new people can see it but then people in the general chat can complain we are on the top too much like in twd section? and then you will move us back to forum games we were fine where we were

• Jennifer fucked it all up by merging FOTD Lounge with a stupid, shitty, dead thread.

What the hell happened while I was sleeping?

• At least it's not fucking classic xD

Jennifer, one question...

Why now? Out of all times, why now? What made it so urgent to merge it? What did we do in particular? Because we must have done something.

• Eh.

Is..... is it okay now??

• if it really broke the forum guide lines you should have done it when the thread was first created

At least it's not fucking classic xD Jennifer, one question... Why now? Out of all times, why now? What made it so urgent to merge it? What did we do in particular? Because we must have done something.

• Is..... is it okay now??

• I'm doing what I can on the behalf of everyone to make things right....don't worry guys...everything fix themselves in the end. Just give it time...

You're all wonderful people, and I know how much the Lounge meant to you all.

I'm not about to let it go to waste by being merged to a pointless thread that no one cared about.

I can assure you, that I already took action and will see it through to the end.

I'm doing this because you guys have been like family to each other and to me, ever since its inception and ever since I joined.

You welcomed me with open arms and made me laugh more than anyone ever will.

You made ny sessions a success and i'm glad I could entertain most of you, may it be on Skype or during everything I've hosted the past few months.

So I will do my best to help you all, i'll try to set things right and will speak on behalf of everyone.

There's still hope in this world, you just need to hang on tight and never let go.

I don't know you that much @Jennifer, but are you really going to let these people down by ruining their happiness and hope ?

For a pointless technicality ?!

I dunno about you, but these people are like family, and i'll be damn if I don't try to set things right in return.

The Lounge wasn't bothering anyone. It wasn't even in "The Walking Dead" section anymore, which was already hard for everyone to cope with.

After all the tragedies, death and depressing events that transpired lately...you're going to just take all the hope they had left away ? All the time we had and everything we did ?!

People will leave the forum...no one wins with this situation....you really want to make it even harder for everyone ?!!

I know that we have our Skype call and our Skype chats, but not everyone can or wants to join...I'm not about to let the lounge sink, not after everything these people have been through.

So, tell me...is it still worth it to ruin it for everyone over a trivial technicality that everyone forgot about...?

• Yeah, it's never going to be the same.

:c

• Better than before xD

Is..... is it okay now??

• Dun worreh, it's gonna be ok.

Alt text

:c

• We were okay when the lounge got moved to the forum games, it was better for us because random people wouldn't come in and start bothering people. The lounge was for people in the story so they could relax and pass the time as they waited for another part to be up. Sure we had a few random people that joined the lounge, even though they weren't part of the story, it was okay as long as they didn't bother anyone. The thing is, we had that thread for ourselves, we didn't want to be bothered and I'm sure we weren't bothering anyone else.

I'm hoping that private threads will be available in the future, if you can talk to the website designers about that, I would appreciate it.

• dun wurri*

Dun worreh, it's gonna be ok.

• Alt text

ComingSoon posted: »

Jennifer fucked it all up by merging FOTD Lounge with a stupid, shitty, dead thread.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.