The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• This whole fucking thing is useless.

Jennifer posted: »

Don't worry, nothing has been deleted. All of the posts are still there (and I even converted the thread back to threaded style so that the threading would work as it always has). Merging does not delete posts.

• AWESOMEOAWESOMEO Banned
    edited August 2014

Jennifer, can you answer the question I asked above? Or nah?

• I can feel the half-assed in this ;-;

AWESOMEO posted: »

lol

• I don't think it ever will.

It doesn't feel the same now.

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited August 2014

No, nothing was done by anyone. I just merged it because all three threads were active at the same time with dozens of new posts, and it was too confusing having three threads that did the same thing. I post in all three, and it was hard to follow the same conversations in multiple threads (for instance the conversation with mr.quality about Crohn's was happening in both the Forum of the Dead Lounge and in the Whatever's in Your Mind thread, so it made it really hard to go back and forth to two threads to talk about the same thing).

AWESOMEO posted: »

At least it's not fucking classic xD Jennifer, one question... Why now? Out of all times, why now? What made it so urgent to merge it? What did we do in particular? Because we must have done something.

• It doesn't feel the same now.

• Hard work is needed sometimes. Clashing isn't always right.

Plus, it's Forum of the Dead Lounge. Not Lounge of the Dead.

Okay, I think I'm done now. I'm sorry for sounding mean. I apologize.

No, nothing was done by anyone. I just merged it because all three threads were active at the same time with dozens of new posts, and it wa

My cousin has saved up to go to a hospital where they will continue to do tests and won't let you go until they can properly diagnose and treat you, so hopefully she'll be getting some real help soon.

As for me, since I've been diagnosed it's too bad. I'm on a three times a day regimen of Asacol, and it helps mostly. It flares up sometimes, but mostly the Asacol does it's job (and luckily my insurance covers all of it, which is good since it's a pretty expensive drug).

mr.quality posted: »

Man I'm sorry. That must suck. I got crohn's when I was 8 and have been dealing with the effects ever since. My sister just got diagnosed wi

• I don't think you quite understand why we're so upset about this.

No, nothing was done by anyone. I just merged it because all three threads were active at the same time with dozens of new posts, and it wa

• Alt text

Hiii...guys.

• Meh, whatever. It's still sorta the same, let's just continue doing what we were doing. They probably won't bring it back anyway, but at least everything is still here. We're still the FOTD crew and that won't be taking away from us. Just relax, have some laughs, and try to enjoy this new thread. B]

• LOL

Oh, but thank God we have been merged with a dead thread and have a stupid title now! All hail Jennifer, who saved the forums from certain doom!

• Don't we deserve our "privacy" though?

Some people don't want to be with us, and merging the threads forces them to...

• So you're saying you did this, not over a technicality, but personal issues...

I don't know the guidelines that much, but that probably goes against it regarding being a mod. It's called "Abuse of power".

You could've asked if anyone else had the same problem you had BEFORE taking action.

It went against everyone's consent and people are understandably pissed about it.

Its unfair to be punished for YOUR own personal issue.

I suggest you make things right for everyone if you still can, before people start leaving or getting depressed by the news.

DLB is sleeping as we speak...same for Devyn. The last thing they want to wake up to is this...

So if you can still change it, like nothing ever happened, please, do it.

I speak on the behalf of everyone involved. There's no good out of this. You can still fix this mistake.

• edited August 2014

Those other threads were dead though. It wasn't confusing, no one cared. That's a terrible excuse.

• sigh

Meh, whatever. It's still sorta the same, let's just continue doing what we were doing. They probably won't bring it back anyway, but at lea

• You can actually track all 5 stages of grief throughout the posts in the last hour.

• xD

DomeWing333 posted: »

You can actually track all 5 stages of grief throughout the posts in the last hour.

edited August 2014

There is no abuse of power. I was following the forum guidelines to the letter when I merged this. "1.5 Before you open a new discussion, please check for existing discussions on the same subject. That'll help avoid seeing your posts locked or moved."

There were three existing threads that were discussing the same thing, so I merged them (the topic was not locked or deleted, it was just merged. There are no posts missing or deleted. The conversations are all still there, nothing is lost). We merge similar threads all the time to make the forums easier to follow for everyone. That's the reason that part of the forum rules is there, since it's harder to follow conversations when the same discussion is taking place in multiple topics.

So you're saying you did this, not over a technicality, but personal issues... I don't know the guidelines that much, but that probably g

• im sorry but those two other threads were long dead i know i do look at telltale talk and they were never on the top page by that logic you might as well merge all the threads that talk about whether or not clem will die in episode 5 into one what you did is not justified just abuse of power you always had something against the lounge if it was closed it was always you closing it

• Salt123's gonna be really pissed when he gets back.

Come on, now. If I'm fine with it, you guys shouldn't worry too much. We'll all get over it, eventually.

• But other than you, who was having the same problem?

There is no abuse of power. I was following the forum guidelines to the letter when I merged this. "1.5 Before you open a new discussion,

• Come on, now. If I'm fine with it, you guys shouldn't worry too much. We'll all get over it, eventually.

ComingSoon posted: »

sigh

• Salt123 will be pissed when he gets back.

Come on, now. If I'm fine with it, you guys shouldn't worry too much. We'll all get over it, eventually.

• ComingSoonComingSoon Banned
    edited August 2014

Sure.

I guess......

• AWESOMEOAWESOMEO Banned
    edited August 2014

We'll have to compromise, but there's still things we need to talk over and the mods should come our way a little more.

I guess......

• Alt text

I guess......

• Like PM's only with full threads for a group of people?

I just hope they can make private threads in the future. Just so we could have our own thread, and not be bothered with random people.

• I just hope they can make private threads in the future. Just so we could have our own thread, and not be bothered with random people.

ComingSoon posted: »

Salt123 will be pissed when he gets back.

• Like a PM only with a full thread and group of people?

I just hope they can make private threads in the future. Just so we could have our own thread, and not be bothered with random people.

• ok its obvious things won't be the same and jennifer will not justify why she did it and nothing will change but i think something needs to be done with her like the other mods and whoever is in charge of the site have a chat with her about why it happened it really can't go un-ignored anyway hopefully things can be like they were before

• And they need to change the thread title. I don't think anyone cares about "whatever's on our mind".

Jewfreeus posted: »

ok its obvious things won't be the same and jennifer will not justify why she did it and nothing will change but i think something needs to

• Yeah FOTD will get through this it's just another obstacle that got in the way but like always we will beat it.

ok its obvious things won't be the same and jennifer will not justify why she did it and nothing will change but i think something needs to

edited August 2014

As I said before, we regularly merge threads as the forum guidelines state that similar threads will be merged or locked. There were three similar threads, that had the same topics being discussed between them, so I merged them. This is done to make the forum easier to follow, as it's difficult to follow conversations when the same topic is being discussed in multiple threads. All three topics were active with dozens of new posts, so I merged them rather than locking them. When things are merged, all conversations still exist, and you can still reply to any post in the thread. Nothing is deleted, and nothing is lost.

• Just another bump in the road, keep moving forward.

• Well, we'll manage to make the best out of it :D

It doesn't feel the same now.

• What "thing" do you speak of ? As far as i'm concerned, there was no other threads like our lounge.

You provided ONE example. Someone I never even heard of, if anything, it was mere coincidence and he was only passing by. Like anyone else. Anyone can post on the lounge and a single person's action shouldn't mean that EVERYONE gets punished as a result.

Those threads were dead. No one in the lounge even knew they existed. That's how irrelevant they were to us. To everyone. Except yourself apparently...

So that still doesn't justify your actions. If anything that IS "abuse of power".

You had no right to do this without everyone's consent.

You didn't do it for the "good of everyone". You did it for yourself. If anything, that makes you guilty more than anything.

So i'm sorry, but you're clearly in the wrong here. Actions should be taken regarding this "accident". Unless you make things right for everyone involved by bringing the lounge back to where it belonged.

We'll pretend nothing ever happened, but I can tell you one thing. You lost all credibility by doing this and in turn, compromised your position.

Was it really worth it...?

There is no abuse of power. I was following the forum guidelines to the letter when I merged this. "1.5 Before you open a new discussion,

• You can totally do that now....Just type members' names into the Recipient box.

Yeah, and with the ability to add people to it, that would be great. If only, I'm hoping it's possible for them to do something like that.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.