Unable to get past Q mashing event

In episode one, I cannot get past the first QTE event with the Woodsmen just because I keep getting a gameover after failing the mashing QTE. It either does not register my inputs at all despite it working fine until that point. Or it only seems to register the first few and then no others after it. My q key works just fine, always has. Ive searched all over but there are no solutions or work arounds to be found.

Comments

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

I apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please clarify if you are using a QWERTY keyboard, or an AZERTY keyboard? You keys may be mapped differently if you are using a keyboard from another region. Also, at the end of the Q- Quick-Time Event, is there any on screen prompt or notification such as an arrow showing up on-screen that you need to press to complete the action? If there is, the arrow will show up red on your screen.

• edited August 2014

QWERTY keyboard, and no there is no screen prompt or arrow other then the Q prompt.
    Alt text
    This is what it looks like, I cant get past this prompt

I apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please clarify if you are using a QWERTY keyboard, or an AZERTY keyboard? You keys may be mapped

Can you please clarify if you have any USB devices such as gamepads, or Xbox controllers plugged in? If so, does unplugging them, and replaying that scene allow you to use the Q Key successfully?

Maximum124 posted: »

QWERTY keyboard, and no there is no screen prompt or arrow other then the Q prompt. This is what it looks like, I cant get past this prompt

• There is nothing plugged into my computer when I was playing other then my headphones which use an audio jack anyway.

Can you please clarify if you have any USB devices such as gamepads, or Xbox controllers plugged in? If so, does unplugging them, and replaying that scene allow you to use the Q Key successfully?

I apologize for the inconvenience, please read this Sticky on how to run our Support Tool, and follow the steps to run the tool, and reply here with the download link copied and pasted into a reply. You can find the Sticky here:

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/51153/twau-support-tool

After receiving the information from your support tool, I will be able to assist you further.

There is nothing plugged into my computer when I was playing other then my headphones which use an audio jack anyway.

• I was able to get past that first event after restarting the game 10 or so times, but the rest of the Q events in the game didnt even pick up my inputs like before, luckily they didnt cause a game over state but in episode two there is the fight with beast which has a Q mashing event which will cause a game over if you fail it. And I am now stuck there, same problems as all the other times.

Here is the link to the support tool findings or whatever.

Truth be told I am extremely disappointed that this keeps happening as this game was a gift from my partner, it took more then a day to get past the first QTE, only to get less then an hour of actual game before it happens again. I was also extremely hesitant to share my PC info with you, but this is incredibly frustrating and I dont want my gift to go to waste

I apologize for the inconvenience, please read this Sticky on how to run our Support Tool, and follow the steps to run the tool, and reply h

edited August 2014

Please install and run the DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer to make sure Direct X is auto updated to the latest version, and restart the game and see if you are able to complete the event.

I was able to get past that first event after restarting the game 10 or so times, but the rest of the Q events in the game didnt even pick u

• My Direct X was already updated to the latest version, and I'm still unable to get past the event.

Please install and run the DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer to make sure Direct X is auto updated to the latest version, and restart the game and see if you are able to complete the event.

edited August 2014

After looking over your Support Tool information again, it seems that your computer's graphics card is running below the minimum system requirements to run the game successfully. Where we require a minimum of 512mb of dedicated memory, your computer is currently running at 128mb of dedicated memory. Your computer uses an integrated Intel graphics card, which we do not recommend using for our game, as they tend to run under minimum specs, and this may be the root cause of the issue. I recommend either trying to update your current graphics card's drivers to the latest version, and see if you are able to successfully complete the event.

My Direct X was already updated to the latest version, and I'm still unable to get past the event.

• Im assuming I have the I must latest version since the updater keeps saying "its not verified for this computer" even though Im getting the correct version. I have no idea other then it not being the correct version even though it says it is.

Thank you for your time but I have the feeling my laptop just isnt up to snuff and TWAU is just another game I'll be unable to play for years.

After looking over your Support Tool information again, it seems that your computer's graphics card is running below the minimum system requ

This discussion has been closed.