Start a Story, be your own Fable. (Create a Fable Thread)

Comments

• Then I'll take that into consideration ;)

LupineNoir posted: »

I don't know, Harmony The Great and Powerful kind of has a ring to it

• Oh please, I've also been thinking about that too! I was REALLY tempted to have him choose the opposite side, but I still have no idea what I'm going to do. I've got a few ideas. Also, thanks! I try my best to write it as close as possible.

Looks like Flycatcher's moved up in the world! I think of the spoilers as more a tantalizing glimpse of what I've yet to read, and what you

• edited August 2014

Chapter 2

"But its not so bad"

Alt text

"Where did mommy go, daddy?"

"The mirror, Sheila."

"Why?"

"Hush, now. You know mommy will be back. Now go in your bedroom and pick out some play clothes. We are going to the park."

I honestly felt like a single parent at times, considering Mary was nowhere to be found about half of the time. To be honest, think it was becoming something of the 'norm' for me; it used to bother me, yes but over time I grew to adapt this into my daily routine. I'd attempt to reach her again later; three failed attempts was enough for me to know she was ignoring me.

"Can I wear this?" Sheila held up a Slayer teeshirt and brown shorts. For fuck's sake.

"Are you SURE that's what you want to wear?" Her little head bounced up and down, as an enourmous smile grew upon her little face. I sighed. "Fine. go ahead."

To be honest, band teeshirts, especially one advertising Slayer, was not my first choice of wardrobe for a 2 year old but despite my pleas and attempts to put that child in a dress, I can honestly say I gave up and allowed it. Before she was even conceived, that girl was doomed to be her mother. During her pregnancy with Sheila, Mary would blast Slayer, Iron Maiden, Misfits and Disturbed every which way she went. I could recall coming home one day and in nothing but her bra and panties, Mary sat on the couch with a large pair of head phones resting on her bellly.

"What are you doing, Mary?"

"What? Studies show if you expose a child to music, they are ten times more likely to develop more quickly than those that were not."

"I uh, think you misunderstood the TYPE of music, though."

"Nope. Music is music, kid. And besides, she seems to be enjoying it. Little fucker has stopped thrashing and playing Soccer with my Kidneys since I played the album."

As I smiled to this image, Sheila returned with shoes in hand.

"DADDY! I need helps, pwese!"

"Here. Sit on the couch for me."

As I began the process of tying Sheila's shoes, the twins became restless and the smell of burning embers and smoke was easily detected. Of all the motherfucking powers these two could have inherited. Sure, shards of glass and bleeding eyes were something I could handle but to give Bloody Mary's offspring the ability to play with fire? It was almost a crime.

"No, no, no, no, no, girls!" I snatched Aubrey from the car seat, just as Sophia managed to flicker a tiny speck of fire in her sister's direction. She began kicking and giggling, when my foot began stomping out the tiny ember.

"Haha, real funny, love. You're lucky daddy is so undrstanding and forgiving at this particular moment."

Finally, after several more attempts, all four of the kids were ready. A carrier in each arm, I had George help carry the diaper bag, as we made our way to the car. I secured the car seats and assisted the older kids with their seatbelts. Thank God the approval came through for a bigger car; my Honda was not going to cut it with so many car seats coming its way.

"I wanna play on the swings!"

"No! Georgie-play with duckies with me!"

"No, Sheila! I wanna play on the swings when we get there."

"Daddy!" I could feel her little feet kicking my seat. "DADDY!"

"Sheila, sweetie. George wants to play on the swings. I'll take you and sissys to the water and we will feed the ducks. How does that sound?"

Think that was a sufficient enough answer; Sheila sat back into her seat and began gnawing on a cracker. We parked and I watched as George carelessly ran to the playground and began climbing up the ladder. Believe it or not, there were not a lot of people. I carried the twins, as Sheila grabbed my pant leg and made our way to a bench.

"Hungy, daddy." This kid MUST have worms. "Daddy, I wanna eat." Yup. Worms. She DID half Wolf in her genes.

"Alright. Sit down and I'll make you a Ham Sandwich and-"

"No! Peanut Butter and Jelly!"

"You sure?"

"Yes!" Her crimson red eyes twinkled against the sun light as she spoke. "Pwese"

I layered both sides with Peanut Butter and Jelly, as I handed her the complete masterpeice and watch her smoosh them together. She grinned from ear to ear, as Sheila took a bite and pick at the grapes I laid out for her. I gathered the twins and began feeding them, as George jumped around the play area and slide. his laughter, along with several other children, filled the air.

"Daddy! Look at me! Lookie!" I peered over at my son, who was now upside down. "Do you see me, daddy?"

"Whoa, that is awesome, Bubba! Wish I knew how to do that! That's pretty cool!"

He smiled, jumped down and ran around a large tree with another little boy. As I finished feeding the girls and began burping them,I noticed the diaper bag shaking and turning a slight redish color. Frantically trying to open the bag, Sheila noticed my struggle; the girls thought it was hillarious watching me struggle to open it, as they soon joined in a synchronize laughing riot. Scary.

"Daddy. Do you need help?"

"Oh Sheila sweetie, please? Your sisters keep moving like they have ants in their pants."

As she opened the bag, I automatically knew what it was; the mirror I carried around was vibrating and glowing. Sheila's eyes widened when she noticed the object. She snatched it and held it close to her tiny face.

"MOMMY!! Daddy, Mommy is trying to call you!! Can I answer it, pwese!?"

"Sure thing, sunshine." I watched her stick her tiny hand into the glass. "Just, be careful." I looked around, hoping no other parent just witnessed a two year old slide her hand into a mirror with ease. "Remember, we are among mundies, sweetie."

Carefully, I covered Sheil and within seconds, Mary stepped out of the hand mirror, took a seat at the bech and held the girls. They snuggled into her jacket, as Sheila nearly knocked me out of the way to get to Mary. My girls. At that moment, what anger remained was gone in a flash the moment she looked up and smiled.

"Hello, daddy. You still mad at me?" As I began making her a sandwich, she leaned across the bench and kissed me. "We were just having some fun..."

"Its fine, Mary. Really. Its fine. I just worry...you know that."

"Well, Swineheart wants us to pay him a little visit later. Says he created an object to help the girls 'control' their power. I WILL agree its not safe for them to throw fire around like its nothing."

"MOMMY!" We watched as George sprinted his way across the sand. He wrapped his arms around Mary's neck, as she planted kisses all along the boy's face. "When did you get here?"

"Just now, my little Pudding n' Pie."

"We were gonna feed the ducks. You wanna feed 'em with us?"

"I'd love to."

The wind slightly picked up, as we gathered the kids and headed down to the pond. As we each held a twin and the two older ones running ahead, Mary grabbed my hand and held it tight. She leaned over and placed her head upon my shoulder.

"This your way of saying I'm sorry?"

"No, not really. Since when am I EVER sorry for my actions?"

"Hm. True. But admit it. I WAS in the right for being a little frustrated..."

She let out a snort, as I kissed the top of her head. We made our way to the pond and with a loaf of bread in hand, the six of us began feeding the quickly growing groups of Ducks. As I assisted Sophia was the bread, I looked over and watched, as Mary and the other three threw in large pieces of bread; a mother duck with four hatchlings swam up to the edge, as Sheila nearly pulled her into the water with excitment. At that moment, nothing else mattered.

We would get through this. We always did.

Chapter 3 soon :)

• The pics are amazing, as usual! I like how evil the one baby's face is....Also, Ben looks awesome! And Junior and Mary look so cute <3

As for the story.....Wow. I feel really bad for Mary and Junior. I hope they can finally settle their differences in the future. I think both of them were a little wrong with what they did. Mary probably shouldn't have promoted so much use of the fire, and Junior should have worded himself a little better, but even Fables aren't perfect :/ Very good chapter, I think you wrote it extremely well and realistic. I love the detailing, too. Him holding George and trying to take the batteries out of the alarm, etc. It was good, and I can't wait for the next chapter.

pudding_pie posted: »

Chapter 1 "Welcome to Hell" 'Georgie's brother Ben, as requested by JJwolf.' The fire alarm was screaming into the

• Well, thank you. :) Glad everyone is enjoying the images attached to the stories. Sophia is the one with the evil face; she's usually up to no good the majority of the time.

Despite their opposite views in parenting the kids, they only want what's best for them. Junior, however, tends to forget just HOW much they take after their mother and without thinking, says things that seem hurtful. He just wants to protect them, like any parent would. After all the BS that occured to not only his parents but other relatives, he's determined not to have the kids endure any of that.

It all works out for the two of them in the end, no matter how bad the situation gets. Like any Fable, all they want is a 'normal' life.

EMMYPESS posted: »

The pics are amazing, as usual! I like how evil the one baby's face is....Also, Ben looks awesome! And Junior and Mary look so cute As f

• So, Georgie would have commited suicide because Lyla was with another? That is terrible. John didn't see that happening? Then WHY go through all that, just to change it? Now I'm curious! You should write about that section. That is, if you want. :) I'm just loving the idea you have behind him being saved by Bigby and John; how, even though they tried to change it, they still found one another.

BTW, besides being miserable, would anything have happened to Lyla?

Yes I KNEW I had forgotten to add something! Thank you for reminding me; Jones asked the same thing. XD John, Lyla's father as you know,

• Haha, this one was good! The picture is nice, and I like that it was colored!

Anywho, fav line: "Can I wear this?" Sheila held up a Slayer teeshirt and brown shorts. For fuck's sake

During her pregnancy with Sheila, Mary would blast Slayer, Iron Maiden, Misfits and Disturbed every which way she went. I could recall coming home one day and in nothing but her bra and panties, Mary sat on the couch with a large pair of head phones resting on her bellly.(I just have to say, nice taste in music ;)

"Nope. Music is music, kid. And besides, she seems to be enjoying it. Little fucker has stopped thrashing and playing Soccer with my Kidneys since I played the album."

Well done! I thought it was really cute at the end and I'm happy things are good again, for now. I'm also happy Swineheart figured something out for the twins. When you mentioned Junior needed to buy a new car for the twins, I imagined if you really made them have quads and how worse it would be XD Nice chapter, I loved it.

Chapter 2 "But its not so bad" "Where did mommy go, daddy?" "The mirror, Sheila." "Why?" "Hush, now. You know mommy will

• JJwolfJJwolf Banned
    edited August 2014

That entire section with the music and mary in her undies, with headphones on her belly. That made my day, Pie! You should so draw that just for laughs! XD

I'm guessing the object is the ball or teddy bear? The twins always seem to be holding one or the other when you draw them. Also, it was nice to have Mary come back. You really do feel the love between her and Junior and despite them being so opposite, the bond you have created between can be seen, in the images AND in writting. Seems like Mary is trying so hard to be not only a good mom but a partner to Junior as well. The little pond scene, too. UGH! Cute!! Gettin' Diabetes from so much cuteness!!! XD

Great job, pie! Can't wait for more.

BTW that image looks great, pie! :) #BloodyPorgie Gonna start leaving this, if ya don't mind! :D

Chapter 2 "But its not so bad" "Where did mommy go, daddy?" "The mirror, Sheila." "Why?" "Hush, now. You know mommy will

• UH! BEN! He looks great, Pie. -yum yum- XD

BTW, I JUST noticed the Misfit sippy cup! Hillarious! :)

Chapter 1 "Welcome to Hell" 'Georgie's brother Ben, as requested by JJwolf.' The fire alarm was screaming into the

• "Are you ready to go?" Morgan says, standing in my bedroom's doorway. Tim is still at work, so I can't even say goodbye. I sit on the bed, my suitcase near my feet.

"I guess so." I stand up, forcing the tears back some. I won't be able to see Tim or Mary and the baby for a long while. I won't be able to go back to my old job, because this is officially my new job. It will be my life. Not that I don't want to be with the Witches. It's just hard to change what was going so well.

Morgan enters the room, saying,"I'll have to open a portal to the Farm. At this point, we don't want any mundies knowing where the Farm is."

"Alright," I say, picking up my bag. Morgan says a few foreign words and moves her arms outward, like she's opening something. The portal stands in front of us, flickering every few seconds.

"It's not very stable and will close as soon as we get through. Hurry now!" She says. She pulls me through. I have one last glimpse of my home before the room around us suddenly turns to a dirt road facing the Barn.

"That was fast." I say, dropping my bag on the ground.

"You'll obviously be staying with Snow, though she's currently not on the Farm. She's still at Fabletown Castle."

"Okay. So I'll be able to hang out with my relatives and train. Not so bad."

"I figured that much," Morgan turns her head toward Rose's castle,"The castle here is almost finished."

"Yeah, I see. Can't wait to go in and check it out."

"Actually, you'll be able to in a few days. That's where I'm going to train you, for the most part."

"Awesome. So you're like...my mentor now?"

"Precisely. Go on to Wolf Manor, get settled. I'll come for you tomorrow."

"Sounds good to me. See ya!"

We part ways.

Before I go on, I figured some might be confused, since I never really stated it. But Mrs. Green is Morgan. They aren't separate Characters. Just incase there was confusion :) I hope you liked it. The transition might be a little hard for Harmony, but she'll get used to it. Time to get some magic on!

• edited August 2014

Y'know, if I were to come up with an award for most chapters created in a month, pudding and Emmy would definitely win. But, nah, you two are listed for other awards though. ;)

Anyhoo, I got lots of reading to do!

• Oooo, taking up the offer to be a witch, I like it! Can't wait to see what potions and spells she'll try to create, if she does.

Question: Did Harmony and Tim ever have that wedding yet? Unless they're planning to try and have one after this supposed war that Fabletown is having?

"Are you ready to go?" Morgan says, standing in my bedroom's doorway. Tim is still at work, so I can't even say goodbye. I sit on the bed, m

• They're not married yet, no. I have some big plans on how that all goes down, it may not be entirely a storybook wedding, but there will be one nonetheless :)

Oooo, taking up the offer to be a witch, I like it! Can't wait to see what potions and spells she'll try to create, if she does. Question

• Good to know XD I probably won't be writing as often this coming September since that's when school starts for me :/ Trying to get out what I can before then, lol.

Y'know, if I were to come up with an award for most chapters created in a month, pudding and Emmy would definitely win. But, nah, you two are listed for other awards though. Anyhoo, I got lots of reading to do!

• Okay, I wanted to make sure. I was going to recommend an idea myself, but go ahead with yours, I'm positive your idea will be better than mine. ;P

They're not married yet, no. I have some big plans on how that all goes down, it may not be entirely a storybook wedding, but there will be one nonetheless

• edited August 2014

Yes, finish what you can before school starts for you! I will be waiting patiently, or eagerly.

Good to know XD I probably won't be writing as often this coming September since that's when school starts for me Trying to get out what I can before then, lol.

• Yes, he would have; in his mind, there is no need to live if she is with someone else. He was given a second chance; Lyla WAS his second chance to prove to not only himself but others that there is good and love within him. I wasn't going to write this part, due to the section being short and no use for the current or past stories.

John kept him alive because he believed the witches but being a Council member and WHO Georgie is, he figured erase her memory and create the life he wanted his daughter to have. Eventuallyy, she would die of a broken heart.

But I don't look at that because they found eachother and created the second chance they both needed. :)

JJwolf posted: »

So, Georgie would have commited suicide because Lyla was with another? That is terrible. John didn't see that happening? Then WHY go through

• Well thank you very much, Em. I had a riot while writting that part; I could see her doing just that and Junior with this look like 'DAFUQ...'

I'm a HUGE fan of those bands and Mary seems like the kind of girl that would enjoy listening to heavy metal. :)

I did ALMOST give them quads but decided to only give them twins. I'm trying to keep it all cute and family oriented for awhile. :)

Haha, this one was good! The picture is nice, and I like that it was colored! Anywho, fav line: "Can I wear this?" Sheila held up a Slaye

• BloodyPorgie just sounds messy but I don't mind. :)

Thank you. Mary is trying to be as perfect as she can but we forget who she was for so long; Junior tends to do the same and sometimes has a tendency to get mad when she's just doing what comes natural; same thing with the girls.

In the end, they love their family. <3

That entire section with the music and mary in her undies, with headphones on her belly. That made my day, Pie! You should so draw that just

• Can't wait to see where this path will lead harmony. She will make a fine witch, I can gurantee that. :) Too bad she couldn't say goodbye, at leaset to Tim. :(

BTW, can't wait for the wedding. How adorable will THAT be. :D

"Are you ready to go?" Morgan says, standing in my bedroom's doorway. Tim is still at work, so I can't even say goodbye. I sit on the bed, m

• Well, fantastic to hear. :) This is kinda my 'down' time. Between this, games and drawing, it helps me keep sane from the hectic reality of work, family and school. Glad to still be such a big contributer on this thread. :) Loved it since day 1.

BTW, can't wait to see the August awards. :)

Y'know, if I were to come up with an award for most chapters created in a month, pudding and Emmy would definitely win. But, nah, you two are listed for other awards though. Anyhoo, I got lots of reading to do!

• Hell yeah, dude, glad my thread is the place for you to unwind! I can't wait to share the awards too, I probably need to add one or two more awards though, we'll see.

Well, fantastic to hear. This is kinda my 'down' time. Between this, games and drawing, it helps me keep sane from the hectic reality of wo

• I JUST noticed the sippy cup with the skull on it. I feel proud with myself.

• Well, I'd be interested if you did write it, Pie. So far the 1st two from the past have done wonders and opened many doors and questions. :)

Yes, he would have; in his mind, there is no need to live if she is with someone else. He was given a second chance; Lyla WAS his second cha

• Can you imagine if you DID give them quads....0_o;

Well thank you very much, Em. I had a riot while writting that part; I could see her doing just that and Junior with this look like 'DAFUQ..

• JJwolfJJwolf Banned
    edited August 2014

Well, if we could draw and write like either you or Emmy, we would have plenty of stories! XD jk

But seriously, you two HAVE been the main contributers to this place. To be honest, I don't know if it would STILL be going, if it not were for you two. :) Just saying. You should be proud. Enjoy the down time! You need it! XD

Well, fantastic to hear. This is kinda my 'down' time. Between this, games and drawing, it helps me keep sane from the hectic reality of wo

• You can recommend anything! Maybe it is better than mine!

Okay, I wanted to make sure. I was going to recommend an idea myself, but go ahead with yours, I'm positive your idea will be better than mine. ;P

• Haha yeah! I have some plans. I seriously wish the fighting started in the comics :( I think it'd make it more interesting. It is what it is though.

Can't wait to see where this path will lead harmony. She will make a fine witch, I can gurantee that. Too bad she couldn't say goodbye, at leaset to Tim. BTW, can't wait for the wedding. How adorable will THAT be.

• Ah, thanks. This is sort of my way of expressing myself for the time being. Knowing that at least someone is reading my stuff encourages me to write more. And I also LOVE pudding_pie's stories. They give me something to read while I do nothing all day XD

Well, if we could draw and write like either you or Emmy, we would have plenty of stories! XD jk But seriously, you two HAVE been the mai

• By the end, this chapter was almost literally giving off a rosy glow ^_^ At times it seems more like the children are leading Junior to do things, such as the park and sandwiches, than Junior having much of a say :P

• It's a tricky one to decide! I wondered if you might have him pick the opposite side, and your other ideas sound intriguing!

Oh please, I've also been thinking about that too! I was REALLY tempted to have him choose the opposite side, but I still have no idea what I'm going to do. I've got a few ideas. Also, thanks! I try my best to write it as close as possible.

• They really have been keeping it going of late, and with such quality, too! Couldn't agree more that they should be proud of their work :)

Well, if we could draw and write like either you or Emmy, we would have plenty of stories! XD jk But seriously, you two HAVE been the mai

• In that case, I'll send you another message later. ;) I wouldn't want to spoil the surprise to the others if you do consider my idea.

You can recommend anything! Maybe it is better than mine!

• edited August 2014

Last chapter for now, going to start my first semester at college tomorrow! I also hope that you guys like the new Fable I've brought into Tezoth's tale!

Chapter 12: The Surprise Guest

Ding! Whoosh.

Tap, tap, tap.

8:16 A.M. - Apartment 609:

"This is the place."

Knock, knock. "Hmm." Knock, knock.

"Well, that's just great." The thief leaned on the wall across from the door.

After a few minutes of waiting, the elevator dinged again. The sound caught his attention as he looked towards it, a woman had come out carrying a bag.

She noticed him standing by her door, but continued walking towards it anyway. For some reason, he couldn't get a good look at her, let alone see her facial features.

"Hey. Miss? May I take a moment of your time?"

She got her keys, put them into the keyhole and shut the door, ignoring him altogether.

"That was rude." He walked toward the entrance, attempting to pound at the door again. "Hello? I've been sent here to see you!"

Nothing but silence. Tez sighed.

Just before he started to consider leaving, he heard an unlocking sound come from the other side. The door slowly opened for him to enter.

Tez hesitated. Then he shrugged his shoulders, raised an eyebrow, and carefully walked in. The door had shut tight the moment he stepped foot inside the room. It was dark, maybe a little too dark.

"Hello? I was told that you would give me my first task. Perhaps you've heard of my arrival?"

Candles lit up in each corner of the room, slowly illuminating the darkness around him. Spooky.

"Yes, I have heard of your arrival. Should I be worried?" A mysterious voice echoed.

"I suppose not... Aren't you going to greet your guest?"

"Oh, yes, I had planned on it."

Tez heard footsteps slowly approach him, he looked around frantically to see who it was. He backed away a little, when he noticed what was coming.

Wet footprints from an unknown entity littered the wooden floor. By each step, they had started to come closer and closer.

A startled Tez watched as a sultry woman suddenly appeared before him.

Her eyes shone a brightly-colored green, her hair black like raven's feathers, while her lips and nose had perfectly complimented the beauty that she possessed. She was wearing a grayish 'members only' jacket, along with acid wash jeans and sneakers.

"The dragon thief, I assume?"

"Correct. What do I need to do?" The dragon stood attentively.

"Patience, all will be explained in due time, my dear. Why don't you take a seat?" She waved her hand towards the couch.

"Don't mind if I do." He walked over and slowly sat down, he couldn't help but notice that she was glaring at him the whole time.

"Before we begin, tell me your name."

"Tezoth."

"Tezoth. Fascinating name." She grinned. "So, is that your real name?"

"Of course it is my real name! I can't see why I wouldn't remember my own name."

"Hmph, what is your true goal?"

"My true goal? What are you-?"

"Answer the question, thief."

He growled. "Fine, to help Fabletown be rid of this Crooked Man."

"Your words, they speak true. But, they don't sound like they've been spoken from the heart. They sound they've been spoken in the way of greed to me."

"Greed? Miss... 'Whoever-your-name-is', I know I'm a thief, at least, that's what the townsfolk have been saying. I assure you, I'm not one."

"Is that right?" She took out a gold necklace from her left pocket. Tezoth stopped and looked in awe, being completely distracted by the jewelry.

"GIMME." Tez darted from the couch and attempted to grab the necklace from her grasp. When he got closer, she disappeared without a trace.

Her voice echoed again. "That's what I was afraid of. Your inner dragon has made you greedier, especially when you see the sight of gold, this is worrying."

"Then again, I also shouldn't have expected better from a criminal."

Tez shook his head, as he tried to look for her. "Wait! I can prove myself, give me a chance."

"I don't know," She reappeared again, stuffing the necklace quickly inside her pocket. "This is a job meant for the willfully-sane, a Fable who's quick on their toes, and can be persuasive with a silver tongue."

"I can do all those things, it's just my skills are a little rusty right now. The sane part I may need to work on."

"Sit with me," The woman took his hand and made him sit on the couch again, her green eyes were staring into his. "Now, tell me what is troubling you."

"There's nothing troubling me, I just want this job."

"Your lies are tedious, Tezoth."

"No, they aren't lies... it's, it's-"

The woman stayed quiet.

"--I don't know, I don't know if I even belong here..."

"We all do not belong in this strange world. If we could go back, I think that many of us would. This community is bigger than you think, Tezoth, whatever your problem is, there's someone bound to listen. You can trust me, for starters."

"My sister, that's all I will say."

"Good, think of your sister, perhaps she'll be the one to guide you." She went into her kitchen, opened a drawer and took out a file. The woman held the file close to her chest until she took a seat next to him again. "Here, your task is explained within."

He took it. "You trust me now?"

"A little, though, what you are holding isn't the true assignment. When you look inside, you'll see what I mean."

"I guess it is a price for me to pay considering the way I charged at you, fine, I'll do it."

"Good, I'll show you out." She disappeared, her wet footprints staining the floor again.

Tez smiled, he was getting used to the way she did that.

The door opened, and he simply exited, she reappeared by the door to call out his name.

"Hey, Tezoth, nice meeting you, if I am to be completely honest."

He turned to face her in response. "Nice meeting you too, do you mind if I ask your name? I don't think I've had the privilege to hear it yet."

"The Mundies call me Kikimora, although, I prefer to be called Kiki."

END, of Chapter 12.

• Real smooth with the necklace there, Tez, real smooth :P I enjoyed reading this! This Kikimora is intriguing, and I hope we hear more from her; is she based on the Kikimora of Slavic mythology?

Anyway, I'm definitely intrigued as what the dragon's task is, and I hope college goes well :)

Last chapter for now, going to start my first semester at college tomorrow! I also hope that you guys like the new Fable I've brought into T

• edited August 2014

He could've been subtle about it if he didn't have that dragon curse inside him. Since a lot of dragons have a lust for gold and super-shiny stuff. :P

Yep, you're right! I'm trying to base her off of the household spirit one. And thanks, man.

Real smooth with the necklace there, Tez, real smooth :P I enjoyed reading this! This Kikimora is intriguing, and I hope we hear more from h

• :D Just like a certain mirror jumper we've all come to know and love. XD They KNOW how to get their way, especially Miss Sheila. Typical Mary. XD

By the end, this chapter was almost literally giving off a rosy glow ^_^ At times it seems more like the children are leading Junior to do things, such as the park and sandwiches, than Junior having much of a say :P

• Loving the description of Kiki. Had to look up her story, due to no knowledge of this woman and I must say. Loving the idea of you introducing this
    Fable in the story. Love the playfulness she has with Tez and the necklace scene.

I'm curious now how this will all work out. BTW, good luck in college, man. Know the feeling! :)

• edited August 2014

I appreciate it, man. I figured that she would be a great choice! Glad you guys are liking it so far!

Thank you too for the good luck. I'm kinda nervous and excited about it at the same time. :)

Loving the description of Kiki. Had to look up her story, due to no knowledge of this woman and I must say. Loving the idea of you introduci

• NEVERMORE

Interlude

The real mission.

A few weeks ago, in a fictional land called New York City...

He always disliked the busy city streets, especially the shopping areas. They had visited fifteen shops already and still not a single dress was found that met his daughter’s expectations. Rumble checked his watch in between shops. He had a appointment, one he couldn’t miss.
    “Come on daddy! We’re burning daylight over here!” his daughter urged him on. She was nothing like him, at least physically. She was beautiful, with her long blonde hair like gold and eyes as blue as emeralds. But much like her adopted father she was a trickster. She played the part of brainless bimbo well but few knew the dangerous intellect that hide behind those eyes.
    “Coming, Anastasia...” the imp got up from his bench and leaned on his cane as he followed his daughter. “I still don’t see why I am dragged along for this and not your friends…”
    “Because daddy, my loveable old man.” She hugged him from behind.” You are my portable ATM machine.” She pecked his cheek. “Oh, and I love you to, I guess.”
    “Careful miss, thin ice.” Rumble smirked.” Or you are paying for your own wedding.”
    “Oh don’t fret daddy, I just have to bat my pretty eyelashes at Smaugy and his wallet loosens…as does his trousers.” She smirked.
    Rumble groaned and shook his head.” Didn’t need to know that, my dear…”

He heard his daughter laugh but the world seemed to stop. He looked at his watch and nodded, it was time. He looked to Anastasia and walked off, leaving her behind as she and the other shoppers around here stood still as statues. He walked over to a coffee shop where he saw a old woman was needling.
    “One PM exactly.” Rumble said as he took his seat across of her. Already on his spot was a cup of coffee, his kind of coffee.” Black as the devil and as sweet as a stolen kiss.”
    “Black with two sugars.” The old lady replied as she kept needling. “I may forget a few things in my old age but rarely do I forget how anyone prefers their coffee.”
    “Nonsense Frau Totenkinder.” Rumble took up the cup.” You forget nothing.”
    Totenkinder placed aside her needling and began drinking with her guest.” Flattery does not get you anywhere, Rumblestiltskin. Oh I heard your daughter is getting married. To a dragon of all things.”
    Rumble smirked.” Smaug the dragon yes. Marries into money and power. She also seemed to have tamed him. How I don’t know…”
    “Oh you do Rumble, the same way any woman can control any man.” She chuckled. After a sip from her coffee she placed her mug down.” I have good news and bad.”
    “Veggies before dessert.” Rumble replied.
    “I found the box, oh rather Boy Blue did. It is currently in the capitol of the Empire, in the vault of the biggest bank.”

“Damn…” Rumble cursed.” That might complicate matters.”
    “The good news is I have planted a idea into Prince Charming’s head to start a raid on the Adversary’s financial estates in preparation for a invasion from Fabletown. I heard Mowgli also has contacted the Arabian Fables to double our forces for the invasion.”
    “A raid you say…” Rumble placed his own mug down.” You mean our deal has changed? I was to do this alone.”
    “Sweet Rumble.” The old witch smirked.” You may be a lot of things but given the new information I doubt you could get past Neverland let alone get anywhere close to Miller Queen. The warlock’s domination spell over you and your hive might triple or more once in the Toscane Homeland and not even your contract with the Queen can protect you from that kind of magic if you exert yourself.”
    “So a group has to be assembled…who?” he looked at her.

The witch dipped her little biscuit of gingerbread in her cup of coffee before she had a bite. As she munched she whirled her free hand as a mirror appeared next to them. It was foggy at first but the picture cleared and a battle was shown. The battle for Fabletown. Rumblestiltskin recognized a few figures. Bigby Wolf who blasted the wooden soldiers in black away, Beast sans Beauty, King Cole and Prince Charming, a decapitated Pinocchio and so forth.
    Several figures were highlighted as Totenkinder picked them with her long, thin finger. The image zoomed in as they saw a flying young man and a captain fight back to back against the wooden soldiers in black. A toad throwing grenades while on a flying cow. A dwarf throwing his hammer as he fought alongside three clothed brown bears. A swan that changed into a human as she threw down flares where a moment later a cannon blast erupted. And of course Rumblestiltskin himself who led a group of goblins as they swarmed over the wooden soldiers and slashed them to bits.

“James Hook owes you a favour. If you did not lead him to the fountain of youth in Neverland he would never have been a fable.” Frau Totenkinder said.” His Jolly Roger can get you to Neverland and thus the Homelands.”
    “The Jolly Roger has been floating around in the business office for years.” Rumble said.
    “True, but once Charming gets a whiff of this plan he will let that boat go soon enough.” The witch replied.
    “And Hook has been aching to get his ship back…” Rumble nodded.” Very well. What about the others?”
    “ When Pan gets to Neverland and unlocks it’s powers again he will be a demi-god, at least in that realm. That way Neverland will be released and be a staging ground for the rest of the invasion force.” She moved the image to the dwarf.” The dwarf is of an old bloodline. If he enters the Homelands some of that magic will return which is good for our side.” She went to the toad on the flying cow and the flying swan queen.” The Toad and Swan are interesting. For some reason when I casted my spell to select the group it pointed to these two as well.”
    “Fate has something in store for them?” the imp asked.
    “So it seems.” She mused.

“This…is a very imbalanced group.” Rumblestiltskin took a sip form his coffee.” It will take one large motivator to get them together. Money can only get you so far…”
    “Oh don’t you worry, I will have that covered. Fate has made it so each of them has a reason to come back to the Homelands and the Adversary will not expect his banks being robed.” Frau Totenkinder smiled but her smile quickly soured.” But Rumblestiltskin, he cannot be allowed to have that box in their possession. If he knows we are planning a invasion he will use that weapon against us. A weapon worse than Bigby Wolf on his worst day, more dangerous than a Djiin, worse than all the Four Winds combined.”
    “You never told me of this before, Totenkinder.” The imp frowned.” What in that box has you so rattled?”
    “The box that destroy and damn every world in existence Rumblestiltskin. The box of Pandora.”

Sign in to comment in this discussion.