Episodes 2-5 "coming soon"

Hello Telltale,

i've bought The Among Us via amazon and redeemed it at your site. I could play Episode 1 but all other Episodes say "coming soon", even as the program seems to know, that i have a season pass.
I'm using Windows 7 x64 Prof. and here is the Support-Tool-File
https://www.sendspace.com/file/pok82i

I reinstalled the game several times but nothing changed. I installed it on my Laptop an it worked... But still no success on my much more potent desktop computer. Why?
Maybe you could release you game via gog.com....their releases seem to work much more consistently. Or just throw out the drm bully techniques.

It would make my day - instead of reinstalling the same gamefile over and over.

Great first Episode by the way. And TWD was also fantastic!

Comments

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

I apologize for the inconvenience. If you are still unable to download Episodes 2-5, please try deleting your SyncFs folder from your

C:\Users\%Username%\Documents\Telltale Games\The Wolf Among Us\ file directory,

and then restart the game while connected to the internet, and you should receive any of the necessary updates to make Episodes 2-5 available to download.

• Dear TellTaleMike,

I did as you told. After the first restart the skipped a bit after the "Connecting" wheel - and i told me that Episodes 2-5 are "coming soon". It even showed that I didn't purchase the season pass. When I click on "buy" it tells me there is a connection error.
    After the second restart of the game the "intial" status was rearranged. I have i season pass - i have installed Episode 1 and Episodes 2-5 are "coming soon".
    What can I do?

Thank you very much.
    Richard

P.S. just for good measure - the new Support-Tool-file https://www.sendspace.com/file/dhhivx

I apologize for the inconvenience. If you are still unable to download Episodes 2-5, please try deleting your SyncFs folder from your C:\

• edited July 2014

Hello TellTaleMike,

I've found a solution (or workaround). I had a custom destination for my "Documents" Folder. After I changed it to the standard destination "C:\Users\Username\Documents" and restartet the game the Episodes 2-5 were mysteriously all released at once...
    Now I can download all Episodes.

But to download 3+ GB into my Documents-Folder is really sloppy programming, because the Documents-Folder is the standard "to-backup-folder". So no need for GameData there!!!

Please, please try to reach a technical level, that can rival your storytelling!
    with best hopes
    Richard

I apologize for the inconvenience. If you are still unable to download Episodes 2-5, please try deleting your SyncFs folder from your C:\

I apologize for any difficulties this has caused you, but I am glad you are now able to play. Enjoy the game!

hrknost posted: »

Hello TellTaleMike, I've found a solution (or workaround). I had a custom destination for my "Documents" Folder. After I changed it to th

• edited July 2014

Hello TelltaleMike

I have the same problem but i have a Maccintosh.
    Can you help me please.

• Hello TelltaleMike

I have the same problem but i have a Maccintosh. Can you help me please.
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/b6ikmt Thanks

I apologize for any difficulties this has caused you, but I am glad you are now able to play. Enjoy the game!

Please try deleting your SyncFs folder from your

~Library/Application Support/Telltale Games/The Wolf Among Us/ file directory,

and then restart the game, and you should receive any of the necessary updates to make Episodes 2-5 available to download. (Your Library folder is sometimes hidden, to make it visible, please open a Finder window, and at the top of the screen, click Go and hold down the Option key. The Library will now become available in the drop down menu. Click that and follow the above file path, and delete the SyncFs folder.)

NupiLupi posted: »

Hello TelltaleMike I have the same problem but i have a Maccintosh. Can you help me please.

• Having the same problem on a Mac.

I bought the season pass and downloaded the game all through the telltale website.
    I managed to play eps. 1 and 2 as they came out, but haven't been able to find the time to play 3-5.

Now that I finally have some time to play the game again, I redownloaded it through the telltale website (because I formatted my laptop since I last played the game), and now it doesn't work... Eps. 2-5 show as "Coming Soon" and there's a "buy season pass" icon when I go into the "Episodes" option on the main menu, as if the game doesn't recognize my season pass.

I tried removing the SyncFs folder among other things, also reinstalling the app, but to no avail. I still get the same problem.

For what it's worth, when I go into the game, it freezes for about a minute in the "Click anywhere to start" screen, then after I click the screen it freezes again for about a minute too, before it gives me access to the main menu. IDK if that helps you guys diagnose my issue; worth a shot though.

Here's the link to my TWAU support tool file, hope it helps for something: https://www.sendspace.com/file/7be640

I apologize for the inconvenience. Here are a few possible solutions:

1) Restart your computer

2) Start the game with your computer disconnected from the internet, then close the game, and reconnect to the internet and restart the game.

3) Try playing the game with no other programs running in the background

4) Reinstall the game

sigrist posted: »

Having the same problem on a Mac. I bought the season pass and downloaded the game all through the telltale website. I managed to play e

• Thanks for the help Mike!

I tried all of your suggestions and none did work, so I resorted to some more serious debugging to figure out what was going on. Turns out I was having some network issues!

The game program was having trouble connecting to the telltale servers for some really weird reason. Restarting my internet router fixed that.

Thanks once again for the support!

I apologize for the inconvenience. Here are a few possible solutions: 1) Restart your computer 2) Start the game with your computer d

You're welcome, I hope you are now able to enjoy the game!!

sigrist posted: »

Thanks for the help Mike! I tried all of your suggestions and none did work, so I resorted to some more serious debugging to figure out w

• edited September 2014

I have the same problem. Windows 7 x64. Bought game from telltalegames.com, have the "season pass", but all episodes except episode 1 says "Coming soon".
    I have a custom My Documents folder, and I can't revert it. There's just too much stuff in "My Documents" to do it. That's the reason why I have moved it to another drive, in case I need to reinstall Windows... So I don't really want to, either. Why does the game need a standard My Documents folder, and why would it download episodes into that folder instead of the game folder? (which is on a third drive)

By the way. I have uninstalled, downloaded new game installer, reinstalled, rebooted, tried removing all files and so on already..
    Saving the game works fine, so there doesn't seem to be any other problem other than downloading the episodes 2-5.

With clean re-install + removed all files from My Documents, upon starting the game, the Resolution (and all other) settings are set as some standard one, and it says I can Buy the season pass although I already have it. I change the settings to 1080p and exit...

Next time I'm restarting the game, all of a sudden it says I do own the season pass, but I still can't download any episodes. Note that the resolution setting is saved, so the files work at least in part, and the My Documents/Telltale Games/The Wolf Among Us folder has been created in my custom folder for My Documents so it's not as if it can't read files from there or anything.

edit.. removed file links

After looking over your support tool information, the issue you are experiencing may be caused by your file directory having a non-ASCII character in the file directory. This may be causing the update file to not update properly. Please try renaming the folder ! greje\ to something without the '!', and restart the game while connected to the internet, and see if the game updates with Episodes 2-5 as available to download.

Passive posted: »

I have the same problem. Windows 7 x64. Bought game from telltalegames.com, have the "season pass", but all episodes except episode 1 says "

• edited September 2014

Edit... Actually I could rename it, and it worked after I removed all Library folders connected to that location. changed main folder name and connected it all back to "My Documents" and then there was no problems at all.

But I'm just wondering how many other programs will be messed up now. I'll be testing a while. :)

Now I just find it an odd requirement for a game to have.

After looking over your support tool information, the issue you are experiencing may be caused by your file directory having a non-ASCII cha

• Mac user, I am also having this issue. I have completed episode 1 but episodes 2-5 still show "Coming Soon". I do not see any SyncFs folders in my The Wolf Among Us library folder. I have completed the support tool and uploaded the zip file to https://www.sendspace.com/file/1ypmdv

Thank you for helping me out.

I apologize, unfortunately it seems that your support tool file was taken down when following the link. Your Library folder is sometimes hidden, to make it visible, please open a Finder window, and at the top of the screen, click Go and hold down the Option key. The Library will now become available in the drop down menu. Click that and follow this file path and delete the Syncfs Folder:

~Library/Application Support/Telltale Games/The Wolf Among Us/

Mac user, I am also having this issue. I have completed episode 1 but episodes 2-5 still show "Coming Soon". I do not see any SyncFs folde

This discussion has been closed.