Start a Story, be your own Fable. (Create a Fable Thread)

Comments

• Hey no problem. I agree with Noir that they are a wonderful idea and it made it even more exciting writing the stories. Perhaps after the holidays or when this hectic thing we call 'life' settles down. :)

Yep, I agree with you two. I should give it a couple months or so like I said above and I'll see what happens in the long-run. Thanks for the feedback so far, guys!

• I'm probably going to be busing (Is that how you spell it?) tables on the weekends. Everything is going fine for me, and my Dad is recovering well. I'll write when I can, though not sure when it will be.

LupineNoir posted: »

Well done on getting the job! What it is? Though it's perfectly fine if you'd rather not say. Still, I hope everything else is going okay for you, like with your Dad, and I look forward to your next instalment, whenever it will be.

• Thanks! I've really needed one for a while, this way I can save some and also have a little spending money for myself. I need the money for a car and college and stuff.

Gorvar posted: »

Congrats on the job, dude!

• I'll stay awesome, lol. But don't you forget to stay awesome. And thanks!

You're awesome yourself! Stay awesome for us, you hear? Congrats on the job like pudding said, hehe.

• I would love another one, although like Pie said, it's gonna be harder with less activity in the first place. Maybe something like an "Overall" award, combining all the stories and writers since the beginning or something. Or we could wait a few months and do something. We should start a thread on Telltale Talk if this forum is taken down in the future (Hopefully not too soon, though.) And maybe we could start new stories and stuff.

Hey all, I've created a poll to see if you guys still would want me to create the Fable Storyteller Awards for the upcoming months. You c

• Thanks Lupine! Ill try to look your tale up myself :D
    I apologise again for the layout, it's pretty bad...might need to listen to your folk's advice heh.

Another fine chapter! Interesting to see the history between Toad and Hadgar, as well as the in inclusion of other The Wind in the Willows c

• edited September 2014

I was thinking on giving overall awards actually! I'll be sure to give you guys a heads up whenever I plan on making one.

And good idea with the thread idea for the Telltale Talk section as well, I'll be right on that if TT does take this section off the front page. (hopefully it won't come to that as you, me, and pie have said)

EMMYPESS posted: »

I would love another one, although like Pie said, it's gonna be harder with less activity in the first place. Maybe something like an "Overa

• Yeah. I'll have to be on the look out when it does occur though. I love writing stories and I also love the input I get from you guys.

I was thinking on giving overall awards actually! I'll be sure to give you guys a heads up whenever I plan on making one. And good idea w

• Chapter 16

"Heal"

'Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside while still alive. Never surrender.'

6 months later

Junior sat outside the waiting room, as the clock behind him carried on. The ticking sound echoed in the halls, as he twidled his fingers and looked down the hall. Swineheart said he'd be back; that was twenty minutes ago and Junior was beginning to worry.

"I hope everything is okay." He pulled out his phone. "Fuck...hurry up."

Four months ago, Junior moved out into a studio apartment located a few blocks from his parent's place. Since the move, Mary was 'sleeping' over frequently and although they were VERY careful, accidents happen; he worried how he'd manage this but like always, Junior would figure it out.

As he sat in the chair, mind on the inccident at hand, he felt a hand grab his shoulder. Junior looked up to see the doctor; his eyes were dejected, as he took a seat beside Junior. As he placed the phone back into the pocket, Swineheart spoke.

"Give it to me straight, doctor." The tears immediatly ran down his cheek. "How....how is she-"

Swineheart sighed. "I'm sorry, Junior. Maybe you...perhaps this isn't meant to be. Sometimes, its stress, genetics...from what I could see, nothing internaly." He gave Junior a pat. "You two need to take a break from all this and focus on yourselves."

Junior wiped his face. "Where is she? How is Mary-"

"She is concious of the situation. She's alright; I'll release her from the hospital in a few hours, make sure there isn't infection or complications."

"I understand..."

Swineheart gave Junior's shoulder another pat, as he walked away.

"These things happen, Junior. Don't be so hard on yourself."

But he was. This was number three.

The radio played softly, as Junior and Mary sat in silence. There was not a lot of traffic on the road, as he carefully drove to the apartment. Mary sighed, as she kicked the daskboard.

"Sweetie-"

"You fuckin' hate me."

"Excuse me? Where is this-"

"Can't even do this ONE thing right. I never could...even back at the homelands..."

Junior was confused with her comments. "Mary, stop!"

Mary unbuckled the seat belt and reached for the car door handle. "Drop me off here."

"Mary-"

Mary slams her fist into the window, causing it to crack.

"DAMMIT, Junior! Stop this fuckin' car and LET ME out!"

To avoid further confrontation, Junior slammed on the brakes and watched Mary exit, slam the door and walk to the apartment. Thankfully, it was around the corner; the sky above was turning gray, as a passing storm made its presence known. Junior peeled around the corner, parked the car and watched Mary enter an elevator.

"Mary-" Before he reached her, the enormous metal doors closed. "Fuck!"

Junior waited patiently for the next one. As he pushed number 12, his mind became heavy and clouded. 'I never could...even back at the homelands...' 'Perhaps this isn't for you two. Focus on yourselves for now...' Ding Ding Junior's floor was up next, as he stood waiting. When his time came, he left the tiny compartment and headed for his aparment. The door was already wide open, as he entered the quiet tiny home and shut the door behind him.

"Mary, sweetie." He knew she was here; his neck was burning and he felt a deep wave of grief. "Mary, we can't do this...you can't blame yourself. these things happen. If you REALLY want, we can try again in a year or-"

He found her slumped over the kitchen table. A bottle of wine stood beside her, as he could make the faint sound of whimpering. His heart was heavy, as he reached for Mary's arm. He grabbed her elbow; the touch was burning, as he laced his fingers around and held on tight. Junior's eyes immediatly filled with tears, as he tried to be strong. Someone had to.

"Sweetie-"

"I can't...can't do this anymore, Junior."

He took a seat beside Mary and began rubbing her back. She lifted her head and took another long swig from the bottle.

"You don't have to do this alone, Mary. I'm here-"

Mary snorts, as she looks into Junior's eyes. "Right. Don't worry 'bout me, Porgie. I'm used to dealing with this kind of shit alone. I'll be fine. Couple more of these and we will back in business."

"That's not funny, Mary!" Junior grabs the bottle and tosses it to the side. "You're not alone, so stop acting like it! You think this is hard on you? I was hoping THIS time would be different but-"

"Hm. Sorry to disappoint you again, Porgie. Seems that's ALL I'm good at these fuckin' days."

Irritated, Junior tosses the table over, nearly crashing into the stove. Mary notices his eyes growing darker, the familiar glow of blue escaping from his palms. She stands up and slowly backs away from him. Mary mentally prepares herself for whatever will come her way.

"You DON'T disappoint and you DON'T have to do this alone! How many fuckin' times must I bloody say this to you!?"

Junior extends his fingers, as a large wave of blue flys past Mary and into the wall. The area is smoldering and trails of smoke gently float to the top.

"I'm tired of this pity party you feel the need to throw yourself. Whatever happened in the past, at the fuckin' homelands, forget about it and-"

A shard of glass impales Junior's shoulder, as it pins him to the wall. Mary hisses, as he swings her bloody claws into his chest. Junior watches as the blood trickles down the cuts. He looks up and finds Mary inches from his face; her teeth now fangs and trails of blood pouring from her eye sockets.

"You have NO idea what I've been through, Porgie!" She pushes Junior to the side. "NONE of you know the fuckin' shit I've been through, the broken promises, the lies and anguish I've had to DEAL with alone!"

"PLEASE, Mary! Talk to me-"

"NO!" Another shard of glass flies in his direction. "I'm sick of trusting! It only backfires! You'll leave-JUST LIKE THEY ALL DID!"

As she screams into the night, Mary crumbled to the floor, both palms covering her eyes. Junior carefully watches, as her whimpers turn into wailing, as she rocks back and forth on her knees.

"I'm sorry, Junior..." She continues to speak, as Junior wraps his arm around her. "Fuck, Porgie...I'm sorry...forgive me..."

They both lay perfectly still on the floor, as Mary buries her face into Junior's chest. The warmth from her tears falls onto his bare chest, as all he can do is stroke her hair, kiss her forehead and comfort Mary. His eyes fill again with tears.

"You can't do this alone, Mary." Junior finds it hard to speak. "You can't....you need someone there. I'm HERE, Mary. I forgive you....I forgive you...I love you...I forgive you...."

"I'm sorry, Junior." Mary's breathing became heavy. "I...I...I tried, Junior. I tried. I'm tired of trying, Porgie....so tired..."

"I know you did, sweetie. Its okay...its okay."

Junior and Mary's heartache carried on into the night, as the city outside the walls carried on with their daily routine. all unaware of the couple engaged in a broken heart. They stayed like that all night. Eventually, morning would come and this would become yet another distant memory and a chapter to their story book called 'Life.'

In the meantime, Junior did his best to show Mary happily everafters DO exist; it was something the mundies could never understand or comprehend. For it was NOT a fairy tale but a choice.

Like everything else, they would make it over the bump. And try. Try, try again.

Chapter 17 soon :)

Boy, this was hard writing but it had to be done. Hopefully, its all making sense and it will be explained more in the further chapters. May not write as often as I did in the past; I graduate in the spring, so its been pretty hectic with school. Work has been keeping me pretty busy and the misses has been pretty sick these past few days. Poor thing. Pregnancy is finally hitting her hard. Not to mention the odd cravings; sour kraut and McDonald's fries and burgers. Yeah. XD If you have ANY questions or concerns, leave them below for me.

• JJwolfJJwolf Banned
    edited September 2014

Oh my god. My heart.

I had to take a minute to cry, pie. Not even fucking with you. Next time I see you, I'm kicking your ass. This made me so upset and sad for the two of them. It makes sense and so far, I'm partially right about what's bothering Mary and WHY she is acting up.

Junior is a wonderful man, pie. Not just because you made him but how you've portrayed him in the stories as this loving, caring man that loves his children, family and Mary; even after all the bs, the drama and his family nearly disowning him because of it, he still tries his hardest to love Mary. I wish and HOPE she sees how much he does care. I ship them so hard and I hope you continue this long after you finish this story up.

I noticed the side project you were working on but I won't say anything, as to avoid spoilers. XD Don't work too hard, congrats again on your bundle of joy and can't wait to be there when you graduate.

Great job like always, pie. #BloodyPorgie 4Ever

pudding_pie posted: »

Chapter 16 "Heal" 'Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside while still alive. Never surrender.'

• All I do is double tap the 'enter' key between speech. You get more gaps than you want, but it is much clearer. My first tale isn't finished - I'll be posting some more soon and stuff should be explained in it if you haven't read any of the others. :) There's always the Vacation Tales back starting on page 23 onwards: that one I finished and everyone else's is worth checking out. Just a suggestion though.

Thanks Lupine! Ill try to look your tale up myself I apologise again for the layout, it's pretty bad...might need to listen to your folk's advice heh.

• You probably didn't really want to know, but if Google's to be believed it has two 's's. I'd have probably gone with one 's' as well, but, yeah, you probably didn't really want to know. xD Anyway, hope it's good, as everything else is going fine!

I'm probably going to be busing (Is that how you spell it?) tables on the weekends. Everything is going fine for me, and my Dad is recovering well. I'll write when I can, though not sure when it will be.

• Will you be continuing the challenges?

Yep, I agree with you two. I should give it a couple months or so like I said above and I'll see what happens in the long-run. Thanks for the feedback so far, guys!

• I will, I was thinking on waiting until a major holiday comes. Such as Halloween or Thanksgiving to post another challenge.

Will you be continuing the challenges?

• Hard to write, hard to read, but I think things are becoming much clearer now.

An early congratulations on your graduation! And I hope the sickness gets better - I think it can after a while, however I don't really know.

Chapter 16 "Heal" 'Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside while still alive. Never surrender.'

• That's fine, I just wanted to know as they're usually fun :)

I will, I was thinking on waiting until a major holiday comes. Such as Halloween or Thanksgiving to post another challenge.

• Man, this was hard. So if I'm not mistaken, they were trying to have kids? It worked out somehow, so I'm sorta curious as to how! This was extremely sad, but I absolutely love these two to death. Junior is literally the perfect man, if any guy could be a third of what he is, then they'd be lucky. Sorry about your girlfriend's sickness, I guess that's just what happens when there's a baby on the way! Also, congrats for the later on graduation in the spring, lol. That must be exciting, I hope you're able to get a good job because of it if you don't already have one!

• :) This was very hard but it explains some things about the couple. After the 1st loss, they tried but it never took, as Junior stated in the story. OBVIOUSLY they have kids; miracles CAN happen and we will see in the coming chapters. :) I'm seriously glad I changed Junior's story; they make an odd couple and despite their differences, love each other. Think Mary is having a hard time excepting this; she's so used to people leaving and I'll explain that as well.

Thank you 100X; I'm ready for this kid, glad school is almost over and yes, I have a job lined up already for that day. :D Maybe in the future, I'll get into animation but for now, pleased with my decisions. :)

Man, this was hard. So if I'm not mistaken, they were trying to have kids? It worked out somehow, so I'm sorta curious as to how! This was e

• edited September 2014

My eyes literally widened when Mary and Junior started to revert to their true forms again, jeez, those moments are so tense! Also, the way you've described Mary screaming into the night gave me a terrifying image, something that even Bigby would probably be afraid of, y'know? Though, it's good that they've settled their differences with each other like always.

Wow, Mister Graduate, I trust that everything will go smoothly now that you're almost out of school! Also, your girlfriend will pull through, the true Porgie couple will make it through this. XD

• I'm so sorry, this was suppose to be up a long time ago but I deleted it by mistake! DX Downside of using an IPod... Plus I cut this chapter just for the sake of my sanity! (I HATE having to retype things) The original was fairly longer, enjoy!

The cold heart of hate

Chapter four

The wolf is coming

Fuck, the situation was bad, VERY bad. One second he was dancing the night away with a charming woman the next she was dead set on killing him with some goon holding him back, and on top of that there were hundreds of innocence fables right below them.

A cruel smirked spread on Scarlett's red lips as her fingers curled into a fist. Bracing himself for another punch he coughed up more blood upon impact.

"Oh I been waiting forever for this." Scarlett mused as she kneed him in his gut.

"God damn it Scarlett, just kill this fucker already!" Brawdr hissed at her again.

"All in good time." her voice was as black as ice. "I just want the wolf to come out and play."

So that was her plan, bring out the wolf in him... He could use that to his advantage, but she still had the gun loaded with more then enough silver bullets to kill him. But he needed to break free from this goon named Bradwr.

Basically his wolf side would either kill him or save him at this point. If he turned he could break free, but that might just make Scarlett kill him faster.

Backing up, Scarlett never took her eyes off Lyall for a second. Her hazel eyes were staring daggers into his brown and pained ones. Scarlett kept backing up until she reached a mirror, tightening her fist she slammed her elbow into the mirror. Instantly the mirror shattered, glass pieces of all sizes soon fell to the ground. She then selected the largest and most sharp looking piece there was.

"Say hello to my dear friend Wolf." Scarlett taunted waving the shard in his face.

A dry and weak chuckle came from Lyall, a confident smirk spread on his lips.

"You know, a girl who's friend is a glass shard clearly has issues." he stated.

This clearly displeased her as her mouth shifted into a straight line, narrowing her eyes she pressed the shard against his neck, not enough to break skin but it was pretty damn close.

"Try not to get too much blood on the floor when you die."

XXX

These events were never Bigby's thing, he never had a taste for caviar, over priced boozed and dressing up. He leaned more to Chinese takeout, beer and dressing it down. Oh and Nerissa to cuddle with of course.

"You okay?"

Turning around it revealed none other then his wife. The only good thing about events like these was how beautiful she looked whenever she got dressed up.

"You been looking pretty off..." she voiced her concern and touched his arm. "Is everything alright?"

He took one final drag of his cigarette, savouring the ashy taste. Of all the times he forgotten to bring a spare box it was now. So until this godawful party ended he was stuck with the overpowering scent of cologne and flora perfumed.

Blowing a puff of grey smoke into the air he sighed.

"I must be over thinking it but... Did that woman Lyall was with... seemed familiar?" he asked putting his cigarette out. "I mean she reminds me of-"

"Bloody Mary?"

Even hearing her name was rather startling, how long has it been? Twenty years right?

"Yeah , lots of Fables have freckles and black hair... but it's those eyes. It's like staring at Bloody Mary herself..." he sighed.

"You don't think-"

"Can't be, I killed her remember?"

How could he forget? Like a movie the scene replayed in his mind vividly. All the copies of her, her true form and lastly killing her by crushing Bloody Mary in his jaws. No way she could had survived that... Even if she did she would had tried something sooner.

"Beside's Mary's taller then that." he added.

"Bigby, she looks just like Bloody Mary." Nerissa frowned. "It's too much to be a coincidence."

"Where did you last see Lyall?"

"He was dancing with her, then she took off and he fallowed." she informed.

"I'll be back, let Snow White know what's going on."

"I will... be careful," Nerissa warned.

Bigby gave a quick nod and dashed off.

XXX

Over and over again she sliced him, his tux was ripped to shreds, and blood dripped down onto the floor from open wounds. Every now and Scarlett would fetch another shard of glass once the one she had been using was worn down.

Bradwr was clearly displeased with the situation, he just wanted this over with so he could get the ever loving fuck out of here.

Lyall refused to give Scarlett the enjoyment of seeing him squirm and beg for mercy, but that was easier said then done. Every time she cut him with the glass she would apply more and more pressure, cutting him deeper and deeper.

"Oh come on, least give a challenge." Scarlett mused. "You said you would give me one, because this is far too easy." she laughed.

If she wanted a challenge... then wish granted. Here it was...

Much to Bradwr's alarm Lyall broke away, the devil like spawn fell backwards.

There he was, although not fully wolf it seemed to be enough for Scarlett. Longer hair on his arms, razor sharp claws, and bright amber eyes. The pleased look in her hazel eyes clearly gave away what she thought, this was what she waited ever so patiently for.

"Oh, I'm going to enjoy this."

So Lyall's wolf side might ever save him or kill him right now.

And fun fact, originally Scarlett was going to be Scott, but I decided on Bloody Mary having a daughter instead. XD

• edited September 2014

Chapter 17

"Princess and the Porgie"

I managed to contact Peter before he left for work. He was not too pleased to hear my ever growing need to see Ariana. Starting to think he was considering to label me either insane or pervert.

"Junior, seriously. Why don't you just drop this?"

"Not gonna happen, bro." I knew something was up. "Ariana and Mary know each other. And I'm going to find out how."

Peter sighed. "And WHAT are you going to do if you're wrong, Junior?"

"Hope Ariana like cookies..."

I finally convinced Peter. He would leave the door open; Ariana would return from work in two hours and there, I would be able to finally talk to her. As I hung up with my brother, George stumbled into the room, rubbing his eyes.

"Hey, sleepy head." I snatched him up. "Sleep good?"

"Uh huh." He yawned, as I fixed his hair. "I had an awesome dream, daddy."

"Oh yeah. What was it, bubba?"

"I was on this large ice cream mountain, with lots of delicious toppings. You were there and mommy and sissys."

"Wow! That's a lot of ice cream, kiddo."

"Yeah! We all had a lot of it and guess what-"

"What?"

"No belly aches, daddy!"

He giggled, as I kissed his forehead. One by one, the girls would enter the room. Sheila would be last to love on; she was too much like Mary and needed an opportunity to 'fully' wakeup. I grabbed the girls and sat them down on my lap. I instantly fixed Aubrey's hair, as Sophia squirmed in my lap.

"Sit still, sweetie." I held the brush under my arm, as I attempted to fix Aubrey's mess. "Let me get sissy and I'll help you with your's."

"Dadda-" Sophia tugged on my shirt. "Hungy. Hungy."

I peeked over at Sheila, who's mouth slowly opened to yawn. "Mommy awake?"

She rubs her eyes. "Uh huh. She's making dinner right now..."

I'm not complaining; it was pleasent having her cook, clean and stay with us. The kis were enjoying her presence, as was I. I missed her immensely. She knew it, too. I quickly fixed Sophia's hair, finally acheived to 'maintain' Sheila's hair and send them in Mary's direction. I found her frying up chicken legs, boiling potatos and steaming some vegetables. Damn. Betty Crocker was in my kitchen and she was looking good.

"Wow. Dinner smells good." I came up behind Mary and kiss her neck. "You still remember."

"Well, someone has to feed your skinny ass. Do you remember when I made this the first time for your birthday?"

"Yeah...I do."

I planted another kiss on her cheek, as I took a seat in front of her. The splatter of Crisco jumped from the pan, as she stirred the veggies and added cream to the potatos.

"You need help?"

Before I could reach, Mary took out a large butcher's knife and slammed the front into the counter.

"No-don't you touch ANYTHING and God help you, if I catch you sneaking tastes!"

"Alright, alright. You got me." I laughed, as the kids continued playing on the floor.

"OOOOH, daddy in trouble!" Sheila giggles, as her and George make a ball out of playdough.

"I'll be right back, though."

Mary turns to look at me. "Where are you going? Dinner will be ready in fifteen minutes-"

I grab the keys, as I quickly get my jacket on. "I've got to go do something really quick at the bar. Holly called and-"

Mary glared, as she stirred the potatos. "Holly called?"

My heart began racing. "Yes-"

"Fine. Don't be late, Porgie."

I blew her a kiss, as I ran to the elevator, pushed the floor button and waited. Ariana was going to tell me EVERYTHING; for if she didn't, there was going to be a side of Porgie no one has seen in a long time. I'd hate for it to come to that. Ding Ding Ding It's go time.

Peter's apartment was peaceful, as I placed my jacket on the rack. Itwas neatly decorated; much better than the piece of shit hole he was living at but i'd never tell him this. Never knew my brother to have so many candles. Must be Ariana's idea. Only a few months and the girl was already calling the shots. Hm. Sounds like me and Mary.

As I took a seat on the couch, I could hear the jingle of keys. The knob turned, as Ariana stepped in and threw the mail onto the coffee table. She was stunned to see me sitting on the couch.

"Junior, what an unexpected surprise. Peter didn't mention you'd be visiting."

"Well, here I am."

"Does he, uh, KNOW you are here?"

"Yes, Ariana. I'm not a criminal. I didn't break in through the bathroom window."

I laughed but she didn't find the joke humerous. Jesus, man. Uncle Gren WAS right. Princesses are snobish and with no sense of humor.

"Well, hopefully you were not here too long waiting."

"I just got here myself, actually."

Ariana walked into the kitchen and took out a bag of coffee beans.

"Would you like a cup of coffee?"

"Sure. That would be nice."

I watched as Ariana carefully crushed the beans and pour them into the filter. As the room quickly filled with the aroma of fresh coffee, as took a seat beside me.

"Are you hungry?"

"No. Mary is making dinner."

"Oh." Ariana seemed shocked by my answer. "She...she cooks..."

"Yeah..."

"Well, its nice that she has a hobby..."

I picked my chair up and moved closer to Ariana. She refused to make eye contact; I could see her hands trembling, the sweat forming around her brow. What was her problem?

"Hey...you okay?"

"You take cream and sugar, Junior?"

"Yes."

Dropping the subject, Ariana excused herself to retrieve two cups. I watched her pour the coffee and stir in the remainder of the ingredients. She seemed lost, almost unable to comprehend what was taking place. Ariana wanted to talk. I could tell by the random glances she sent my way. As I sipped my hot beverage, she continued to stir her coffee.

"Why ARE you here, Junior? And DON'T tell me its because of Peter."

"Nah. I've seen that hairy motherfucker enough in my lifetime."

Ariana smiles. "Then, what is it you want from me? I can't tell you a whole lot..."

"So, you DO have something you want to tell me."

"Please, Junior. Its been a long day and I'd like to unwind before Peter returns. I'm hungry and the Chinese place down the street closes in two hours and I-"

I reached for her hand and held it in mine. She continued to avoid eye contact.

"You have your father's hands, his skin...that face....Mary is a lucky woman."

"No. I'm the lucky one. Mary is a wonderful person. Caring, tolerant and affecionate, especially towards the kids."

"She's always wanted kids." Ariana sighs, as she hangs her head low. "It hurt me inside to see her struggle all those years...."

"Ariana, please. What do you know?"

"Mary and I are related. She is my sister. I was the third child born but not to her mother. Our father divorced Mary's mother, for she could not bare him a son to carry on the name. He tried conceiving children with my mother but instead, I was born."

"Mary never mentioned she had siblings alive. I assumed they were all-"

"I grew up being the center of our father's world. Mary was sort of shoved to the back and hidden in the shadows. She did her best to please our father, the kingdom-but she forgot the most imposrtant person of all. Herself. As the years continued, she slowly slipped away."

"So, what happened between you two?"

"We just simply drifted apart. She ruled the kingdom and I was sent off to be married to another. Last I heard, she was imprisoned in the mirror for all eternity. I often wanted to contact her but Mary was long gone. She was not the sister I remember."

I tried comforting Ariana but instead, she stood up and walked to the sink. She turned on the cold water and splashed her face.

"Her image was tarnished over the years; the man she WAS married to abused her emotionally and sadly, my sister was never able to bare a child. She had several phantom pregnancies and many miscarriages. It was devestating...all she wanted was to be loved...to share love..."

My eyes instantly filled with tears, as my right hand covered my mouth. No words could express what my heart was feeling, my mind was thinking. These were secrets I'm sure no one knew about. Sadly, I was part of that group.

"In desperation and anguish, she sold what remaining soul she had to some guy, in hope he could fix her problems. He promised her freedom, in return to her dedication and services."

My heart became submerged in sorrow. "The Crooked Man..."

Ariana gave a slight nod. "She never received that. Sadly, she became his puppet, as he used the strings to control her mind, thoughts and soon, her heart. Mary became a vicious, heartless, killing machine. She refused to beleive there was any good left in this pathetic town. Until..."

Ariana finally glanced in my direction, her green eyes full of misery. "....You, Junior. Until you took my sister by the hand, opened her eyes and allowed her to be the person she desperatly wanted to be for centuries. You, the son of Georgie Porgie." She paused. "Two lost souls...together as one...."

She cupped the coffee mug in her hand. "You better get back home, Junior. If I know my sister, she-"

I didn't hesitate, as I quickly buttoned my jacket. "Please. Will you talk to me tomorror with more information? Please....

Ariana sighed. "I get off work at 2. Meet me at the coffee shop just behind the Cut Above."

I ran back, hugged Ariana. She went limp in my arms, as she burried her face into the fabric.

"Thank you, Ariana."

Her grasp compacted my wrist, as she stared into my eyes.

"Love her, Junior. She's been through so much....remind her. Remind her, Junior..."

"I do everyday, Ariana. Your sister has taken my heart. I don't want it back."

Her sigh was content. "Good."

Chapter 18 soon :)

Wanted to thank you all for the congrats and well wishes. This year has been full of joy, happiness and unexpected events. The real Porgie couple is ready! Bring it, world! XD If you have any questions or concerns, you know what to do. Hopefully the next chapter will have an image or two. :)

• I finally found the time to catch up on some reading and I must say, I'm pleased with the description. The history you portray between Toad and Hadger is wonderful and can I just tell you, love me some Odette! You have taken these characters and given them an entirely new backstory and I love it! I'm intrigued and can't wait for more!

NEVERMORE CHAPTER 6: Toad in the Hole. Once upon a time, centuries ago... The car chugged on as the refugee flow seemed to go even

• 'We didn't get a belly ache'

God I wanna eat this kid and cover him in kisses! He's too damn cute! Damn! And Mary with her cooking skills! Work it, girl! Feed that Porgie tapeworm! XD Its actually nice seeing a different side to Mary, as she was portrayed in the game and various stories.

High five to me (and I THINK EM) for thinking she was the sister! I'm curious now and hope you will explain more, as the chapters go on. I love how you take these characters and give them a BG. :) Oh and hopefully we see that image.

Congrats again to the real life Porgie couple and I'll be here AND offline, should you ever need me.

Chapter 17 "Princess and the Porgie" I managed to contact Peter before he left for work. He was not too pleased to hear my ever growin

• edited September 2014

God I wanna eat this kid

Alt text

JJwolf posted: »

'We didn't get a belly ache' God I wanna eat this kid and cover him in kisses! He's too damn cute! Damn! And Mary with her cooking skills

• I will do when I have some time, thanks for the advice :D

All I do is double tap the 'enter' key between speech. You get more gaps than you want, but it is much clearer. My first tale isn't finished

• Thanks pudding pie man!
    If i may ask do you check it on this forum or my fanfiction.net link?

I finally found the time to catch up on some reading and I must say, I'm pleased with the description. The history you portray between Toad

• I check it on this forum but I'm meaning to look on the fanfiction site, too. Thinking about joining, though I have not came to that conclusion yet. :)

Thanks pudding pie man! If i may ask do you check it on this forum or my fanfiction.net link?

• Alt text

I <3 these two together like peanut butter loves Jelly! I hope you continue these two, no matter what happens! You should joinfanfiction.net, should this thread be taken down or something. :)

Chapter 17 "Princess and the Porgie" I managed to contact Peter before he left for work. He was not too pleased to hear my ever growin

• edited September 2014

That dream! I'm with ya, George! Lol, that was so cute. And the Betty Crocker part was awesome! I like the detailing to the cooking and stuff.

Sometimes when I read your chapters, I imagine it as a movie and we're following Junior or whoever is talking around as they narrate the whole thing in there head. Maybe I'm weird but that's how I see it. Sometimes.

AND I FUCKING CALLED IT! A little part of me thought, "You know, maybe Ariana is Mary's sister!" And I was right :DDD

"Well, its nice that she has a hobby..." ~ I laughed XD

"Nah. I've seen that hairy motherfucker enough in my lifetime." ~ Laughed even harder XD

So Mary is essentially royal? Interesting. And that sucks that she was the outcast. Sucks more that her father wanted a boy and got rid of each woman who didn't have one of the first try.

And that ending. I was tearing up myself. I'm so happy I was wrong that Ariana was bad! (Unless I'm still right and we'll see that later, but I ABSOLUTELY HIGHLY DOUBT IT). I really liked this chapter, one of my favorites.

• Well if you dislike the layout here for my story, check it out on Fanfiction.net :D

I check it on this forum but I'm meaning to look on the fanfiction site, too. Thinking about joining, though I have not came to that conclusion yet.

• I've done that few times with your stories or who ever at the moment; it paints an image in my head and it makes it even better. How you know its good. :D

Yes, back in the homelands Mary was royal and I'll get more into that later on in the chapters. Since her sex was female, her father refused to acknowledge either Mary or her other sister; the other one is presumed dead, since no one knows where she is at. Ariana received more attention from their father, which sent Mary for a loop. I'll explain more. :)

Ariana will not be a villian. Her role will help not only Junior but her estranged sister; she loves Mary but things happened both at the homelands and in the mundy world.

That dream! I'm with ya, George! Lol, that was so cute. And the Betty Crocker part was awesome! I like the detailing to the cooking and stuf

• Chapter 18

"Long live the Queen"

So much for not writing as much but I couldn't help it today. EVERYTHING in town is closed due to the county fair. (Yeah. My town DOES shit like this once a year.) So, no school or work for me; I need a break from this project and this idea came into my head. Sorry, no image this time. Hopefully next. :)

Enjoy <3

I returned home just as Mary was setting the table. The four kids each had their spot, as I gave each of them a gentle peck on the head. Sheila giggled, as I took my seat at the head of the table. In front of me, was a buffet of various delicious entrees and treats; Fried Chicken, an assortment of steamed veggies, mashed potatos and pan-made gravy. Honestly, wish Mary was not so ashamed of her natural talent of cooking.

"Wow, this looks spectacular, sweetie!" As I placed my napkin on my lap, Mary glanced up. "Thanks! Can't wait!"

She continued to glare at me, as I scooped a hefty spoonful of potatos. I assisted the children, as she tore the meat off from the chicken leg.

"Leave me the skin, mommy!" Sheila squealed, as she dug her teeth into the moist flesh. "That's the best part!"

"Of course, dear. Just like mommy. The skin IS the best part."

As I poured gravy on George's potatos, Mary's glance was unsettling; her eyes seemed to pierce my soul and like daggers, they flew right into my chest and became hulking as I tried to breathe.

"Something wrong, Porgie? You see tense, like something is troubling you."

"No. No, no...I'm fine. Just...enjoying this meal..."

Mary poured herself a cup of wine and took a long sip from the glass. Her fingers laced around the bottom, as her glance never left mine. The twins were too busy playing with the potatos, as George nearly inhaled his plate of food. Mary reached over and grabbed another spoonful of potatos.

"My little guy hungry tonight?"

"Yes! This is good, mommy! Can I have more of everything else too, please?"

Mary places two large pieces of chicken onto his plate. "Of course, bubba. Eat. Mommy made plenty."

"Mmmmm! Thank you, mommy! Will you make dinner tomorrow night, too?"

Mary smiles. "Maybe." She takes a chunk of meat off the bone. "He's got that wolf metabolism, Porgie."

"Hm. Blame my mom for that."

"All he does is eat, eat, eat and he still stays so tiny."

"Sounds 'bout right. Katie was like that."

The room fell silent, as the six of us finished eating. As the kids watched cartoons in the den, I tried helping Mary in the kitchen. As she put the leftovers away, I washed the dishes. She was quiet the entire time, which made me very uneasy.

"Thanks for dinner again, love. It was delicious." Nothing. "Mary-"

"I heard you, Porgie." She slams a container down, as she pulls out the foil. "Glad you liked it...."

"Okay, what is wrong? Because when I left, you seemed alright and now-

"What did Holly want, Junior?"

Shit. "What?"

"I know you heard me and I DON'T want to raise my voice! WHAT did Holly want!?"

My mind began racing, as Mary tossed a lid into the sink. "She needed me for-"

"For what, huh?! Since WHEN does Holly need YOU for help down at that dump!"

"Mary, relax! She just-"

Mary snatched a knife and held it to my throat. The shard end poked my neck, as I backed into the corner.

"Mary-"

"You have till the count of three to tell me the truth! One....two....thr-"

Before she could fiish counting, Aubrey became fussy and filled the room with cries.

"Mommy!" Sheila peeked around the corner. "The baby is-"

"I know, sweetie. Just, go and mommy will be right there."

Sheila skipped away, as Mary tossed the knife to the side. She didn't say a word, as she picked up Aubrey and took her into our bedroom. I found George and Sheila playing with their toys, as Sophia fought back the urge to sleep.

"Sissy make a stinky, daddy!"

I giggled, as Sophia curled up beside me. "Well, mommy will take care of that, sweetie. What you two playing?"

Sheila smiled. "House. I'm the mommy, that is the daddy and George is the baby. We just had dinner, like we did!"

"Cool. What did they have?"

"Soup and bread."

Mary walked around the corner and without saying a word, snatched Sophia up and took her into the room. As I leaned into the seat, I could see the worried look upon George's face. I've seen that concerned look before.

"You and mommy fighting again, daddy?"

"No, bubba. Sometimes adults get loud when they talk. Don't worry, okay?"

"Okay."

We finally got the older to kids to bed. Mary refused to utter even a sound and as we finished brushing our teeth and preparing for bed, she still remained silent. As I slipped under the covers, I watched her stare into the mirror.

"Are we not going to talk at all tonight?"

"You lied to me."

"What...."

"I saw you. You were not with Holly or anywhere NEAR the bar tonight. You lied!" Mary hits the lamp and knocks it to the ground. "PORGIE-"

"Mary, calm down! You'll wake the kids and George is-"

Mary pins me to the bed, as her palms wrap around my neck. It became very difficult to breathe, as I gasped for air.

"HOW DARE YOU! I trusted you!"

"Mary-" I struggled to move, as her claws dug deep into my flesh. The smell of Copper. Fuck. "Mary....Mar-"

"You ASSHOLE! I trusted you..." There was grief in her voice. "You...you..."

Mary quickly released her grip as I gasped for air. As the coughing fits continued and I tumbled to the ground, Mary procceded to kick me. Her foot dug deep into my rib cage, as I nearly flew into the dresser.

"....You went and saw HER! After I told you to just LEAVE IT BE...."

"Mary....I needed to know-"

"But I TOLD you to leave it alone! How DARE you not respect me!" She lifted her right foot, this time, into my groin. In agony, I rolled away and lay perfectly still, my entire body on fire. "You fuckin' jerk..."

"....You never TALK to me, Mary! And even when you do, you don't give me the entire story and-"

Mary kicks me again. "So, a STORY is what Porgie wants, huh? Well, let me DELIVER that to you!" Another blow landed against my spine. "Once upon a time, there was this sad, pathetic man who couldn't keep his DICK to himself. He created three beautiful little girls; whom he DESPISED because neither of us HAD the right equipment between our legs!"

"Mary, sweetie, I-"

"Oh, what's the matter, Porgie? Heard this story, already? Maybe your new friend ARIANA can finish telling it to you!"

Mary kicked me once more. I laid on the carpet, coughing into the fabric and trying to regain my posture. My entire body was on fire, as I attempted to move. As I stood up, with the help from the closet door, I found Mary standing perfectly still; the symbol on her arm glowing red. My neck too began pounding, as I reached around to touch it.

"Mary, I didn't want to hurt you! But I needed to know! You never talk to me! You hide all this shit and expect me to guess what the fuck goes through your mind! You always run off, the second you catch trouble and now, your own son worries you'll NEVER come back!"

Mary turned to face the window. "I'm tired of fighting with you, Mary-so very tired of guessing. Please. We've been together for so long and I haven't the slightest clue, sweetie. Mary-"

I watched as her arms moved. "I keep these things hidden because I refuse to relive this. All I wanted, was to live a normal life and have something all desire and cherish; to have a family that for once loved me and didn't force me to choose." She paused. "I didn't WANT to believe the witches, when they showed me YOU, of all the fucking people in this town. Psh. Like good ol' Georgie Porgie would EVER agree to something like this..."

"Mary...." I tried reaching for her. "Sweetie-"

"I'm tired of hiding and pretending. I'm NOT what you desire, Porgie. I can't even stay home and do the things you want. I'm not a perfect mother or partner to you..."

"I'm not ASKING for perfection! Mary-"

In her right fist, she clenched something as she turned to face me.

"You tell me my son misses me and I look at myself and I can no longer tolerate who is staring back. I ruined your life...I took what remaining years you had left to enjoy it...to go out and party, be with friends....instead, you work 40 plus hours, struggle with bills and have to deal with a woman that can't even give you what YOU want...."

"Mary, no! That's not even it! I'm sorry-"

"I wanted that world gone and nothing but a memory; I didn't want THAT to interfear with this world...with us..."

As she walked past me, she took my hand and as she opened her clentched fist, I watched as she dropped the ring into my plam. She forced my fingers closed, as her eyes became glassy and blurry from tears.

"You...deserve better. The kids do...I don't deserve someone as caring and loving as you, Junior....I....I don't...."

"No..." I found it hard to speak. "I love you, Mary! We will get through this! I'm sorry-"

She kissed my nose and touched the back of my neck. There was a moment of severe pain, as she closed her eyes; the tears pouring like a rain storm.

"I'm so sorry, Porgie...."

She released her grip, as Mary quickly vanished into the mirror. I tried reaching for her but the mirror instantly rejected me. I touched my neck and as I traced the skin, I fell to the floor and found myself surrounded by sorrow; I grabbed for the mark but it was gone. I clenched the ring, as I broke into dejection and cried into the carpet.

"MARY!" My weeping filled the room, as I reached for the mirror. "MARY...no...Mary....I'm sorry. I...I love you...please..."

I told myself this was a horrible fight and she'd be back; this was temporary and like always, mary would come back. But, even as the sun rose high and one by one, the kids woke up, she never returned.

The mark was still gone, as was Mary. In my fist, I still held the ring.

Chapter 19 soon :)

Any questions or concerns, you know the drill. :) Uh, Mary...just, stop! The boy loves you, man! -sadness-

• Oh my god....no.

I had to take a step back. This is making me cry so much, pie. That entire chapter from beginning to end made me pause and cry. I feel so bad for Mary and Junior; he loves this woman, despite what everyone told me and even what he dID know, he stayed. I think out of fear, Mary is having a hard time believing that someone DOES love and care for her.

Then, she gives him back the ring...she takes back the mark....oh my heart. I hope it all works out and Ariana, Gren-whoever can help Junior in his time of need. Come back, Mary...THIS GUY LOVES YOU!!! :'(

It was a wonderful chapter and can't wait for more. #BloodyPorgie

Chapter 18 "Long live the Queen" So much for not writing as much but I couldn't help it today. EVERYTHING in town is closed due to the

• George is the baby XD Poor George, I don't think he has a say in anything!

FUCK. FUCK FUCK FUCK. SHE LEFT.

AND THIS TIME FOR REALS.

TELL ME IT'S A JOKE.

PLEASE.

PLEASE?

FUCK.

Fuckin' George, and Sheila, and Aubrey, and Sophia. Fuck. They're mama's gone, their papa's heart is broken.

FUCK.

That's all I can say.

Chapter 18 "Long live the Queen" So much for not writing as much but I couldn't help it today. EVERYTHING in town is closed due to the

• edited September 2014

I couldn't sleep very well that night. The first night back in my own bed, away from the chaos. Away from the bliss.

And all I could think about was what I was going to do for my children.

There was a loud thud in the living room, followed by some footsteps. I figured it was probably Mary, stumbling back over because she forgot something. But then I heard muffled talking, and decided to inspect it.

My door slid open slowly and without sound, as the darkness of the living room matched the darkness in my bedroom. MY eyes adjusted some, and I could see 3 figures lying on my couch.

Snoring?

I flipped a lightswitch.

"Agh! Turn it off! I'm trying to sleep!" A dark skinned woman complained as soon as the room was illuminated.

Then, I noticed Morgan open her eyes. She didn't look so good. She noticed me, and gave a faint smile.

"Morgan? Who are-...What the...." I couldn't find the right question to ask.

"Don't worry," Morgan mumbled,"Everythings...fine. Just let us....rest..." She shifted herself onto the man, nuzzling her head near his chest.

"And turn off the damn lights," The woman said.

Unsure of what to do, I obeyed the stranger and retreated to my bed for the night. This is going to be one hell of a morning.

Haha, a little bit. I figured I'd gone long enough without writing anything. I had this one in my head a while now, decided to write it out some. I hope you liked it :) School is going good so far for me, still getting used to being back but it's not bad. I just get tired earlier at night now ;) Lol.

I write a little about Mary and my insides go sour out of sadness because of Pie's story. GAH.

• The morning greeted me with the tweeting of mundy birds outside of our narrow apartment-castle window. I had almost forgot about those who occupied my living room couch, except that Tim had gotten up before me and woke me up when he heard someone in the shower.

"Harmony!" He whispered loudly.

"Hmm...? What are you-"

"There someone singing in the shower. It's definitely not Mary!"

I jolted up,"Actually, I think I know who it is."

"You do? The fuck is it then?" Tim asked.

"Well, I don't know her name, but we can ask Morgan."

"Morgan's here? Since when?" Tim began fixing the blankets, making the bed like he always does. If it weren't for him, they'd always be tumbled and undone.

"Since about....2 AM? I think?" I rubbed my tired eyes. Our alarm clock read 8 AM.

"What the....?" Tim didn't finish his sentence.

The girl, in her towel, wandered into our bedroom, not noticing she walked the wrong way. As soon as she saw us, she screamed, tightening the towel and retreating to the bathroom.

"Sorry! I'm so sorry!" She called.

Tim just stared at me, wide-eyed.

"Uh, it's okay. If you don't mind me asking though, I'd like to know your name?" I called from the other side of the bed.

"Tiana! It's Tiana. Sorry, again," She said, shutting her door. I heard the clicking of the lock, and then I sighed.

"Better go see Morgan," Tim told me.

"Right." I adjusted my shorts and pulled my shirt down again(Which is becoming increasingly tight around every corner of my torso), and headed out our bedroom door.

Morgan sat upright, the man next to her, and the television on at a low volume. I stood there a second, to let her notice I was there.

"Goodmorning," She muttered, the remote in her hand. She looked sickly.

"Are you okay? And who is that guy?" I began the questioning.

"I'm Peter," He said. He had a hurt puppy look to his face as he began caressing Morgan's hand.

Morgan's head began to droop to his shoulder. She seriously didn't look good.

"Tim?" I called. I heard him limp over, standing in the doorway.

"Yeah, hon?" He said.

"I'm going to take Morgan to Swineheart. She doesn't look so good."

"I'm fine," Morgan said. She closed her eyes. And then she stopped breathing.

We panicked.

"A spell! Any spell!" Tim yelled to me. I looked back and forth between my lover and this other man, Peter, who'd begun shaking Morgan to get her to wake up.

I leaned over Morgan. She was limp under Peter's arms and he began to ask me what we should do.

I snapped my eyes closed. There was a spell that I remember. It's a little faster than the portal spell, but it was harder, too.

Teleportation.

I held onto Morgan and thought: Swineheart.

My eyes opened.

We were in his private office. He sat at his desk and jumped as soon as we appeared.

"Save her! Please!" I begged him.

He went around the desk and began resuscitating the woman. I stood back, reaching the wall and watching him perform this life-saving technique.

"Call a nurse!" He ordered. I stuck my head out the door, yelling for help.

"Will she be okay?" I asked, as he began taking her pulse.

"I hope so," Swineheart replied.

Honestly, I think my story takes place more in the hospital or Harmony's apartment than any other place in Fabletown.

• edited September 2014

Whoa, talk about room service! Harmony could rob JP Morgan Chase if she wanted to! And Morgan will be okay, I just know it.

The morning greeted me with the tweeting of mundy birds outside of our narrow apartment-castle window. I had almost forgot about those who o

• Mary... Junior's life will be in disarray if you leave for good - think on how Junior will be overwhelmed with taking care of the kids! Come back, pretty please, with a Bloody Mary on top?

• Haha, yeah XD And I know you know she'll be okay. I'm a sucker for having decently good outtakes :P I'm still kinda trying to push forward. I've been REALLY into the fiction I've been writing on Mark's TWD thread, I think there's 8 or 9 chapters out. If you want to read them you can, if not, that's okay too.

Whoa, talk about room service! Harmony could rob JP Morgan Chase if she wanted to! And Morgan will be okay, I just know it.

• Mary has a personality that is fun to write about. She is such a trainwreck and sadly, she is rolling off the tracks. I will not give too much away; their relationship will grow stronger due to this. :)

George is the baby XD Poor George, I don't think he has a say in anything! FUCK. FUCK FUCK FUCK. SHE LEFT. AND THIS TIME FOR REALS.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.