Start a Story, be your own Fable. (Create a Fable Thread)

Comments

• As soon as the picture was revealed, I lost it. DAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

It's George :DDDD

I loved this chapter, it was so cute <3

pudding_pie posted: »

Chapter 20 "Like you mean it" Junior arrived home to the sound of Queen screaming in his kitchen and Mary completing the meal. A

• This was real nice :) It's a shame they're going through such a rough patch in the future when they started so happily - reading about these earlier times seems bitter-sweet. That picture's lovely though, and I agree with their choice of Queen and We Will Rock You xD

Chapter 20 "Like you mean it" Junior arrived home to the sound of Queen screaming in his kitchen and Mary completing the meal. A

• We should so do TWAU characters for halloween this year! :D I'll go as Gren, you Georgie...think Eric can be Woody. XD

Dang these are good! My GF is gonna try doing the Bloody Mary cosplay so we can dress up as TWAU this halloween. OMG! We think alike! I too, was looking for TWAU sims characters. I found someone did Bigby...but that was it! XD

• Ahem. My last tale was well, not going as planned and frankly, VERY boring and dull. (compared to so many of these stories up here.) I've decided to take another aproach and see where this one takes me. Mind you, as this thread slowly withers away, I'll post what I can until the end. (Hopefully not any time soon!) I DID ask Pie to use some of his characters, as mine will interact with them from time to time, ESPECIALLY the main character. This does not change his stories! XD

Hope you like it. Wish I had an image. I might make one later or see if a certain someone to sketch a quick one up for me.

Name: Why the fuck should I tell you? You a cop?! HUH?!

Age: The fuck is with the questions, huh?! I'm fuckin' old, kid, that's how old I am!

Occupation: Mechanic during the day and channel surfer at night. Fuck, I have a pathetic life.

Kids: Nah. Not for me right now at least....

Partner: Well, there was this girl but, fuck, man....that was way back....she's married to this prick. Think they have a couple of kids....

It was a long day and all I wanted to do was sit, drink and play pool for awhile. Instead, I'm in the Sheriff's office signing paper work. This punk ass kid started it all; I didn't ASK for this but when you're put in a certain position, time to act.

Hie Princess keeps looking at me, like I'm a worthless nobody that should know better.

"Well, AT LEAST you have your glamour this time, Robert."

I roll my eyes, as I sign the papers. Bigby's smoke from his cigarette clouds around my face, as I swat it away with my right hand.

"Calm down, we are almost done. That kid looked pretty bad, Robert."

"Well, he's lucky I didn't change and-"

"Don't EVEN think about it, Robert. The Farm will not welcome you back this time and we are running out of options for you."

Shut up, Snow. Just....shut the fuck up. As I finish the last signature, Bigby hands the papers to Snow.

"You're lucky he was a Fable, Robert and NOT a mundy. Please try to be more careful...you can lose everything, if this continues."

"Whatever, Sheriff. Thanks for nothing."

"Before you walk out those doors, your brother is waiting downstairs for you."

I turn around, pissed off more than I first arrived.

"YOU called my brother?!"

"We didn't know what else to do, Robert. This is serious. We can't have this."

Before she could finish, I'm out the door an waiting for the elevator. As it reaches the lounge and I step out, there he is; the smuggest look upon his face, as he straightens his jacket and opens the door.

"Hey, little brother...."

"Gren...."

"C'mon back to the bar with me. Let's talk."

More to come. Just a taste. Hope you all like it so far. :) Again, thanks Pie for letting me throw in some of your characters.

• "She's battling a slight infection from the bullet wound. I have no idea how it could have come so quickly; Last I checked, it was healing perfectly, and I gave her medicine to help the healing."

"I'm not sure," Harmony said, sitting on the edge of an examination table. Even though Swineheart was checking on her they continued to talk about Morgan's current state.

"So you said you wanted to know the genders?" Swineheart asked.

"Yes please. I wish Tim could make it, but he has work." Harmony laid back on the chair, her shirt pulled up to expose her bulging midsection.

"You're about 5 months I'd say, very far along. There will be no issues as to seeing the babies. At least, I hope," He joked. She knew what he meant. When her grandmother was pregnant, the ultrasound was playing all kinds of tricks from the magic the pregnancy contained. Luckily, Harmony was able to control her magic and reveal what might have been blocking them from seeing her precious babies.

"Alright, you know the drill," Swineheart said, spreading the gel on her tummy. He pressed the thing attached to the screen onto Harm's stomach and began looking for each individual baby.

"Here's baby number one," Swineheart said. The little outline of a body illuminated the screen, and Harmony's excitement levels increased.

"Looks like a boy!" Swineheart said, showing her. She smiled. A little baby boy. He moved on to the next baby.

"Baby number two....A girl," He said. A boy, and a girl. Harmony was beaming.

"Baby number three, another girl. Four is another boy. And five....." Swineheart paused, searching for the next one.

His face grew an unusual expression.

Harmony's heart dropped. "What's the matter with my baby?" She asked. Her heart rate increased and she felt her blood pressure skyrocket.

"Well, I'm not particularly sure if it's something wrong, or not."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Harmony was getting a little scared by that notion.

"It seems to be...invisible? Or, not there are all." Swineheart concluded. He turned the monitor for her to see better.

"A zephyr," Harmony said, almost a whisper.

"A zephyr? Where have I heard that term before?" Swineheart asked, keeping the ultrasound focused on the last baby.

"It's what I am. What I really am." Harmony explained.

"Ah. Well, it seems as though that isn't a problem, but for the moment, I can't seem to tell your fifth baby's gender."

"I think she's a girl, actually." Harmony said.

"What makes you so sure?" Swineheart asked.

"It's a feeling, I guess. Like, girl zephyrs, and boy zephyrs....they're different. I don't know how I can tell, maybe I just know by looking at it." She shrugged. "Thank you doctor. I'll take this information home to tell my husband. Mary is probably at the apartment wondering where on earth I am."

Swineheart laughed,"Well, best not be late for her. You and I both know how she can get."

"Oh lord, you know it." Harmony left the hospital and headed home. She felt the weight of the day begin to pull her down as she walked down the street and turned a few corners to the home she occupied in Fabletown castle.

How am I going to do this? she asked herself. The gates creaked open and she let herself in.

At least the witches were able to put up a temporary cloaking spell, as well as a memory wipe on the nearby policemen.

See what I did there? I unintentionally wrote the chapter in third person. Whoops! I've been writing on Mark's TWD thread and I write in third person there, so naturally I did it here by accident :L Sorry. I decided to roll with it instead of rewriting, so next chapter, I shouldn't make the same mistake. Lol. I hope you liked it, I might actually reveal the names next chapter, I'm sure you'll like that. Or, maybe I'll do like pudding_pie, and write a little "Future Bio" for the kids. Maybe I'll just write in a separate post their names.

I DON'T KNOW!

lol. We'll see what I decide.

• Hopefully this one works out better for you. So far, you have my curiosity.

I don't mind you using some but don't go changing the story too much; I pretty much have it set. Loving how Gren has a brother, too. Goo work so far.

JJwolf posted: »

Ahem. My last tale was well, not going as planned and frankly, VERY boring and dull. (compared to so many of these stories up here.) I've de

• Oh how cute! Little Harmony and Tim babies!

Oooh, a zephyr! How exciting! :D Can't wait for the names!

At least the witches were able to put up a temporary cloaking spell, as well as a memory wipe on the nearby policemen.

Nice! :D Great work! Can't wait to see what you decide to do! Baby shower!! :D

EMMYPESS posted: »

"She's battling a slight infection from the bullet wound. I have no idea how it could have come so quickly; Last I checked, it was healing p

• edited September 2014

Baby number one: Ashlyn Mary

~Middle name after Mary.

The firecracker of the bunch.

Baby number two: Robert Darien

~Middle name after his fallen uncle.

The Mama's boy.

Baby number three: Elora Rose

~Middle name after great aunt Rose.

The spunky kid.

Baby number four: Noah Charming

~Middle name after his grandfather, Prince Charming.

The ladies man.

Baby number five:Scarlett Snow

~Middle name after the one and only, Snow White.

This one's something special.

It's done! It took a long, long time. But it's done. I've been looking through names for quite some time, and I wanted them to mean something. I also gave a bit of a hint to their personalities, who they take after (At least a little.) Their physical descriptions will be made at the birth, of course. For now, I hope you like this. :)

NOTE: Seeing as the comics come out incredibly slow, and I do NOT want to spoil any more than I have (Shame on me), I've decided to veer off the course of action, and take my own stance on the situation at hand. This means: I will actually make up things that probably won't be true.

I know.

This is big for me.

I'm a person who likes the canon-ness of things. I want it to make sense. But seeing as the comics are ending, and this forum will be ending before then, I want my work to get to the point, instead of me waddling around waiting to see what I can write next.

So we'll be approaching the future much quicker.

Which also means....The future of Harm's tiny baby cubs. And Mary's blond haired devil. And maybe some other unsaid pregnancies possible to occur.

Who knows?

I hope you understand that this pains me as much as it excites me. Well, it excites me more, but it still takes a chunk out of me. I hate being against the canon, but at the same time, I think I'll be alright even if it's not.

So, as a last remark, I'd like to say thank you, (Again and again and again) for supporting my work and being good writers yourselves. It's a pleasure meeting you.

Wow, sounds more like a goodbye, than an announcement. Oh well. You get the point :)

• Yeah. I enjoy writing about them alot :) Still figuring things myself. Harmony loves her kids but isn't sure how she feels about where she's going to possibly be raising them, with what's happened and stuff. She'd rather be back at the cottage, but she knows it wouldn't be in the people around her's best interest to escape there with Tim at hand and be all secluded and stuff.

Oh how cute! Little Harmony and Tim babies! Oooh, a zephyr! How exciting! Can't wait for the names! At least the witches were able

• Chapter 21

I picture poor Junior like this after every, ummm, 'intimate' moment he and Mary have. If this DOES become a problem, I'll take it down. Oh, dear sweet Junior...what happened to you? XD

Enjoy. <3

Alt text

"Where is she, Peter?"

"Junior, WHO?!"

I slam the door beside me. "Stop playing stupid, Peter! I KNOW you are aware of the situation."

"Junior, please! This is getting out of hand! I swear to you, Ariana has no idea who Mary is!"

"Perhaps you should have a word with your girlfriend because she DOES know! Now tell me where she is!"

Again, my fist falls into the table beside me, as my knuckles touch the Cherry wood and my skin splits around the bone. Despite the image no longer visible, my neck suddenly burns and tingles. I begin self talking myself into a calm state, as my fingers tightly grasp the phone, the screen ready to give way and crack beneath my touch.

"Peter-"

There is silence before my brother speaks. "Hold...hold on, Junior. Ariana just came in through the door."

I knew he was lying, for the entire conversation we had I could hear a female voice in the background. Ariana had nothing to fear; I wanted nothing to do with her except help me find the whereabouts of Mary. It had been several hours and no word from her. I was fearing the worst. Was she really gone forever? Would my children ever see their mother again? Would I?

Before I allowed my mind and emotions become tangled in a web of sorrow, Ariana answered the phone. She seemed concerned.

"Junior, did she ever come back?"

"No." Would I be calling you if she did, I thought. "There is nothing. I can't get a hold of her. No one seems to know where-"

"I don't know too much about my sister's abilitites with the mirror. Perhaps the Business Office would-"

"Oh, no, no, no!" That was the LAST place we needed to go. "That will only cause further issues and-"

"It will be FINE, Junior! Like it or not, that is the only place we can go for help. YOU don't know where she is, I DON'T know where she is....who else but the place with all the records?"

Since Bigby stepped down from his position and handed it over to Beauty, I refused to step anywhere near the Woodlands. Beauty and I did not see eye to eye and after her recent comment about my decision to father children with Bloody Mary, I despised the woman. But I was in serious trouble and Ariana was right.

"Junior-"

I sighed. "Fine....call them ahead of time. I'll meet you guys there."

Before I headed down to the office, I quickly dropped the kids off at Katie's place. As she answered the door, one of my neices climbed upon the door and hissed in my diection. Katie took the newspaper and smacked her on the head.

"NO! Bad, Bella! That is your uncle Junior! We do not hiss at family!"

The little Jersey Devil mini-me looked up. "I'm sorry, uncle Junior. I didn't notice it was you...protectin' mommy."

"That's alright, sugar bear." I give her a pat on the head. "You did good."

Bella flies back into the room, as my very pregnant sister grabs the twins.

"You sure you're up for baby sitting? Penelope said-"

"I'm FINE Junior. I'm pregnant, not insane. Besides, it gives these four time and a chance to spend time with their cousins."

There was a sudden crash behind Katie, as two more winged creatures scurried across the hall.

"She did it....."

Katie rolls her eyes. "Yeah...it never stops in this place. Jersey and I are thinking about moving to the outskirts of the city. Build a house out there and just let these demons fly all over the fuckin' place."

I rub her belly, as George and Sheila kiss me goodbye.

"Now, you behave and listen to your aunt and uncle, okay?"

"Yes sir!" Sheila salutes, as the two older kids walk inside.

"Let me know what's going on, Junior. I'm worried...we all are..."

I sigh, as I quickly kiss the twins and head into the car. "I will, Katie."

Crash! "Shit! See you later, Junior."

I couldn't contain my laughter, as I drove down to the Woodlands. The party came to a hault when I began thinking about her again. Bloody Mary.

I parked on the sidewalk, just as Peter and Ariana pulled up. She steps out, as Peter turns the engine off. He slams the door shut, sets the alarm and glances around.

"Wow. Been awhile since I've been here."

"Does your dad miss it, Peter?"

"Not one fuckin' bit."

The three of us walk into the lounge, as the security guard checks us in, holds a tiny conversation and sends us to the office. My heart is racing; not from nerves but anger.

"You alright, Junior?"

"I'm...fine. Let's just get this over with..."

We walk inside the room and find Beauty waiting for us. In her hands, she holds a rather large and aged book. She leans against the desk, as Ariana takes the book and scans the pages. Peter takes a seat where Bigby used to be, as I lean against the door, arms folded.

"Hello, Junior. How are things?"

"Alright. The usual."

All she did was smile, as Ariana continues to scan the pages. I walk behind Ariana and look at the content list.

"This the only book with Bloody Mary?"

"Well, the only one that WE know of. She's a mystery to us; the Fable community knows so little of her."

"Yeah....."

Finally, I come across the only chapter with her name.

"There! Right there!" My finger jabs the page. "This chapter right here!"

"Hold on, Junior!" Ariana stands up. "Just hold on!"

"We don't have time, Ariana! We have to find her...I have to..."

As we scanned the page, my thoughts automatically went back to Mary. While this occured, my neck continued to burn.

Chapter 22 soon :)

WHEW! Wonder what will go down. Beauty and Junior....hopefully these two 'hot-heads' can work together. And Mary...sweet, sweet Mary. And Katherine! All those Jersey Devil babies!!

• Oh how exciting! LOVE the names, especially the last one. Very beautiful and sounds marvelous as I sa it. I can see them all now...how cute!!! :D

I can't wait to see what you do; the comics are rather slow and those are wonderful ways to write a story but I'm excited to see what you do with this! Can't wait for more! Unsaid pregnancies, huh...hmmmm...

Baby number one: Ashlyn Mary ~Middle name after Mary. The firecracker of the bunch. Baby number two: Robert Darien ~Middle name

• JJwolfJJwolf Banned
    edited September 2014

Mmmm...no. This picture should not be an issue. I've seen worse on this thread. Its art. Its funny. His face is priceless. Its funny cause I think the same thing when you wrtie about Junior and Mary being intimate. XD His face, tho! All that...love how is nose is broken!

I loved this chapter. Katie and her million little babies, Mary being Mary and that tension Beauty and Junior have. Hmmmm. Wonder what she said to piss him off so badly.

Can't wait for more! loved it!!!

Chapter 21 I picture poor Junior like this after every, ummm, 'intimate' moment he and Mary have. If this DOES become a problem, I'll tak

• NO! I'm not going to change anything! Just throw some of your OC's in there for humor; who does not love a smart and sassy Lyla or who ever? :D

Glad you like it so far. Much better feeling with this one!

Hopefully this one works out better for you. So far, you have my curiosity. I don't mind you using some but don't go changing the story too much; I pretty much have it set. Loving how Gren has a brother, too. Goo work so far.

• Yeah, I really put a lot of thought into them. I figured the ones they would be named after, they would share certain characteristics with them. My favorite is personally Scarlett, though I love the others too. I've already written down what each child looks like, though I won't be sharing that for a while. They'll love to play with their cousin Carter when they get older :) Mary'll definitely have a blast babysitting every now and again.

I can see it now, a daycare full of kids with the bloody wrath of Mary raining down on them XD

Oh how exciting! LOVE the names, especially the last one. Very beautiful and sounds marvelous as I sa it. I can see them all now...how cute!

• Oooh, he has some beef with Beauty....That's interesting. I'm glad you added that bit in!

Katie hitting one of her demon spawns in the head XD Priceless! Friggin' Katie and all her little monsters. I both enjoy and experience slight terror reading about them XD

A good chapter. I'd like to see more about Katie and her kids, maybe when you're done with this particular story :)

Chapter 21 I picture poor Junior like this after every, ummm, 'intimate' moment he and Mary have. If this DOES become a problem, I'll tak

• This thread slowly withering away? What is this nonsense you speak of?

Anyhow, very good, I'm interested. Hopefully you'll be somewhat more active with this Fable than your previous one!

Ahem. My last tale was well, not going as planned and frankly, VERY boring and dull. (compared to so many of these stories up here.) I've de

• Oooo, a zephyr babe, things just got even more interesting. A great read too, like always. Will be checking out your list below shortly!

"She's battling a slight infection from the bullet wound. I have no idea how it could have come so quickly; Last I checked, it was healing p

• Ashlyn Mary, is she going to be related to Bloody Mary somehow? I also have a feeling that Elora's going to be the ultimate party-goer like Rose when she grows up. :P

Scarlett Snow, she's the zephyr baby, right? God, so many babies!!!

Baby number one: Ashlyn Mary ~Middle name after Mary. The firecracker of the bunch. Baby number two: Robert Darien ~Middle name

• The black eye made me laugh especially. :D And, are those bite marks I see by his left shoulder?

Alright, this is getting more and more interesting. (obviously) I'm really eager to see how this whole feud thing fares between Beauty and Junior, if it does. So many awesome parts are still being made, by Sithis!

• Hope this Fable works out better for you than your last one! I admit I've forgotten his name, but I remember what he got up to. ;)

I don't think the thread's going bad: there aren't as many new writers at the moment, but us that are here are sticking with it despite college, pregnancies, life in general. The quality we're all writing at is really good, too :)

• That's a fine choice of names! Scarlett Snow sounds the most intriguing and slightly enigmatic - I like it!

What you've written sticking to canon has been great; I think you're so well-versed in the lore of Fables that whatever you write could happen in the comics, even if it doesn't.

• I love the way she's just calmly smoking and relaxing, while Junior looks traumatised!

Another fine chapter! I found the bit with Bella and newspaper amusing, and I'm wondering what this chapter will say!

• Sorry to sort of interrupt again, but have you made a pact with the Dark Brotherhood, Dragon? :P

The black eye made me laugh especially. And, are those bite marks I see by his left shoulder? Alright, this is getting more and more int

• I think I have, truth be told. The pay is good, the sweetrolls are good, it's all I could ever ask for!

LupineNoir posted: »

Sorry to sort of interrupt again, but have you made a pact with the Dark Brotherhood, Dragon? :P

• psst Hey, I know who you are. Hail Sithis!

I think I have, truth be told. The pay is good, the sweetrolls are good, it's all I could ever ask for!

• Damn! It must be them stealing all my sweetrolls! I must alert the guards for the sixteenth time in the vain hope that they shall do something about it, instead of prioritising the suppression of lollygagging! Glad to hear is a comfortable job, though.

I think I have, truth be told. The pay is good, the sweetrolls are good, it's all I could ever ask for!

• I almost said Bigby but by this time, he and Snow are no longer in charge; that went to Beauty and Beast so to keep up with the changes, I added them in. I'll explain the 'beef' more in the chapters.

Yes. Katie and her many demon spawns. I'd like to start up another series and she was on my list; she would be a fun topic to write about, considering the hellish life she lives. XD

Oooh, he has some beef with Beauty....That's interesting. I'm glad you added that bit in! Katie hitting one of her demon spawns in the he

• Yes, they are! :D As Mary puts it her 'love bites.' XD

Well, glad it is getting interesting, too! I'll explain more of the 'beef' Junior has with Beauty as the chapter goes on.

So many awesome parts are still being made, by Sithis!

That will do, Dragon. That will do. :)

The black eye made me laugh especially. And, are those bite marks I see by his left shoulder? Alright, this is getting more and more int

• I agree with everyone. Hopefully you contribute a lot more this time around. Robert sounds much better than, ug god...see. You didn't write enough about your character and I forgot.

As far as THIS thread, I doubt it; we have a handeful of contributers still writing and creating wonderful stories. Like Noir said, despite jobs, babies on the way and school, we are all still here. :) One big family.

• She may just have a bit of her Aunt Mary's personality, yes :3 Elora is totally going to be a shadow of Rose, though maybe to her own extent. Scarlett is the zephyr, correct. There's something special about that one :) I know, there are too many to keep track!

Ashlyn Mary, is she going to be related to Bloody Mary somehow? I also have a feeling that Elora's going to be the ultimate party-goer like Rose when she grows up. :P Scarlett Snow, she's the zephyr baby, right? God, so many babies!!!

• I considered Bill Willingham's comments to why he's ending Fables. He's stated multiple times that the comics are up to the reader's interpretation, and that there are tons of likely things to happen, even after the absolute end. I figured I'd take his word on it, and twist my own ending to the thing, although it won't be so much of an ending, but rather maybe another universe of sorts, where things may have happened another way. If that makes sense, of course :)

LupineNoir posted: »

That's a fine choice of names! Scarlett Snow sounds the most intriguing and slightly enigmatic - I like it! What you've written sticking

• I smiled when you mentioned Beauty, and can't wait for the next few chapters to explain some more.

I really like Katie, more than I originally did when the stories started. I can't wait to read more about everyone, assuming you will write a little more about the others in due time.

I almost said Bigby but by this time, he and Snow are no longer in charge; that went to Beauty and Beast so to keep up with the changes, I a

• Chapter 22

"Once upon a time part 2"

"They are cute kids, Junior."

I ignored her comment, as I continued flipping through the pages. The chapter had little to say and to my surprise, nothing in regards to this information was improving the situation.

"Just the four, right?"

"Yup."

Beauty continued her attempts to create a 'conversation' with me. "The girls look just like Mary....and the boy, he has a lot of your features."

"Yup. You know that Porgie gene. Or, how did you put it awhile back....hmmmm. Oh, right-a virus? Am I remembering that right, Beauty?"

She instantly fell silent, as I slammed the book shut, covered my eyes and sighed deeply. The pain on my neck was becoming intense, as I reached around and rubbed it with my fingers.

"I'm...sorry, Junior. Those words should never have been spoken about your father or, anyone in that matter. But you have to understand where we are all coming from. Things were different back than and-"

"Its called the past for a reason, Beauty. No one is perfect. Not you, me, my father....Mary, no one."

"I know...."

"Whatever you have against me, that is fine. I'm a big boy and can handle my own fights. But don't you dare throw my kids or Mary into this."

"Again, I apologies for my recent behavior but look at yourself, Junior! This is not normal and this...ALL of this, is causing problems!"

"How?" Pushing the chair in, I stand up and glare over at Beauty. "HOW has any of this caused problems?"

"Mary is a vicious individual and is feared by so many. You have to understand, she was not supposed to reproduce and-"

"So is your husband or are we only going to point the finger at some Fables? Bigby used to be....

"Okay, you're right. But they have not done anything recently and Mary along with your father-"

"You seriously going to bring the Crooked Man's bullshit up again? My father paid for his crimes, he's EARNED his place back into this community! I watched him struggle and even when it wasn't, he told us kids everything was alright! And Mary..." I paused to inhale, self talking once more. "She's been in hell for centuries now...I understand...."

"Junior-"

"It would drive any of us to the brink of destruction and chaos...."

My neck was in pain, as the once image singed the flesh and consumed my ability to think. I crumbled to the floor, both palms covering the burning area. Beauty ran to my aid and wrapped her arm around my shoulder. What the hell was going on? The image was gone, so why did it continue to hurt?"

"Junior, are you alright?"

Peter and Ariana returned to the room. Still on the ground, Peter runs behind and lifts me up.

"You okay, Junior?"

Ariana traces her finger along my neck. Just that single touch caused agony. I screamed in pain.

"STOP-just, stop..."

"How is this possible, Junior? You said she erased it and-"

"She did! Or, so I thought! But I can't feel it-"

Ariana sighed. "She's not gone."

I was surprised, as was everyone else. "What do you mean? Where-"

"If she was TRULY going to leave you and the kids behind, this would not hurt, you couldn't feel such emotion for her...everything you knew, Junior; all the memories, love-all of that-would be gone."

"Mary-"

"She is still around; hurt by your actions but we still have a chance. This symbol is the only way we are going to locate her. We have to go inside the mirror and bring her back."

Beauty was stunned. "But, how is this possible? Junior won't be able to locate her, since the image is invisible."

Ariana traced it again. "There is powerful magic behind this, something we are all incapable of producing."

Peter stepped up. "So, we have to go to the Thirteenth floor and ask the witches there."

I noticed Ariana glare at Peter and viciously shake her head.

"NO PETER....remember, we CAN'T go there because of you-know-who?"

"Who's you-know-who?" They now had my full attention. "I'm sure whoever this person is can help us-"

Ariana sighed. "We can't keep running to them. And besides, I'm sure one of the kids has the ability to-"

I shake my head. "Only when Mary is around or VERY upset and even then its not a guarantee it will work. They are all still testing their abilitites out. "

"Junior is right." Beauty surprised me at that moment. "We can't take that chance. Looks like the witches are our only hope."

Ariana again looks over at Beauty. "Seriously?"

"What choice do we have, Ariana. We have to try. Maybe he won't be there and Junior-"

"Who?!" Now, I was getting frustrated. "C'mon people, we don't have much time here! Who ever the fuck you're talking about, I'm sure I'll be able to handle it."

Peter sighs. "Are you sure?"

"Yes...."

Beauty picks up the phone and begins dialing a number. "I'll let them know we are coming. Maddy HATES unwelcomed guests."

After several minutes, the four of us ride the elevator to the thirteenth floor. Everyone is silent; Peter and Ariana stand in a corner, I'm in the middle watching the lights and Beauty is playing with the buttons on her coat. As the floors pass by one by one, the aticipation within can not be contained. Would I find Mary? Would my kids ever see their mother again? And who the hell were these loony birds talking about?

DING DING DING! 'We are here. Junior, you first."

I step out, the hallway dark except for a single candle at the end. There is a large, wooden door with a brass handle before me. I reach up, grab the handle and dang the metal against the wood. The noise echos all around, as the door creaks open. We all walk inside to find the witches gathered around the fire place.

As I walk inside, a black cat walks around my legs, rubs its face against my pant leg and purrs as I scratch its face.

"Well, hello there."

"Welcome, Junior. We were expecting you. My, have you grown into a fine gentleman. Striking resemblence to your father."

"Thank you. I....I get that a lot."

Another female witch stands up and stares at the four of us. "Ah, yes, Georgie Porgie Junior. Beauty tells us you need some guidance and assistance."

"Bloody Mary is gone. As, you all know I'm sure, she and I have children and, well, I'd like her to come home. But I have no idea where to start and-"

"Beauty mentions 'the mark' on your back. Come forward, child."

Carefully, I walk up to the witch. She and the black cat study my flesh for several minutes.

"The mark is still there, Morgan. Do you see it?"

"Yes, Maddy. I do. This looks like a job for Benjamin, do you not think?"

That name sounded so familiar. My father knew a Benjamin.

"Are you sure?" Maddy looks at the concerned faces of my group; Peter's facial expression was making me rather uncomfortable. Was THIS the man they were speaking about back at the office?

"Yes. He has been training for this moment. Let him know his nephew is here."

Nephew? Who the hell was this? I carefully looked past the library, as a rather tall figure approached the light. I nearly fell to the floor, when he stood beside me. Upon his head, he wore the tradmark bowler hat, had the same colored eyes and very similar features to my father.

"No...Uncle...Uncle Ben?"

"Hello, Junior. Are you ready?"

Chapter 23 soon :)

Yes. Ben has returned to assist Junior in hopes of finding Mary. All is not lost, folks! :D If you have any questions or concerns, leave them below.

• OH! I'd love to hear about Katie and the Jersey Devil! Man. All those little things flying around....XD

I almost said Bigby but by this time, he and Snow are no longer in charge; that went to Beauty and Beast so to keep up with the changes, I a

• OH shit! Ben! I love how all of this is coming together; how there was a reason for this, this and this! You could start your own side Fables comic with Georgie Porgie, Lyla and all the adventures these two encounter!

Beauty, Beauty...you might want to watch it. Feels like there is more to their beef, though; seems like just the tip of the iceberg to me. Makes sense with the mark! Can't wait for more, Pie. This is getting really good! :)

Chapter 22 "Once upon a time part 2" "They are cute kids, Junior." I ignored her comment, as I continued flipping through the pages

• Chapter 2

Alt text

Thanks @pudding_pie. Still tweaking the final project; this works for now. :)

Holly, our bartender, stood back and watched as my brother downed another glass of Whiskey. By now, his words were slurred and made no fuckin sense.

"Ease up, bro. Its barely nine..."

"Hey. Hey...hey, wh-who, who is the big brother here, huh? Maybe its YOU who should ease up....gettin' into trouble like that..."

Jack strartled me, as he took a seat beside me. He placed the pool stick along the bar; it didn't stay for very long, as th damn thing came crashing down and land with a thud against the wooden floor.

"Jack." Holly, arms folded, looked annoyed. "This isn't like your apartment; you can't just toss things around where ever you please-"

"Relax, Holly." He leans into the bar, cup in hand. "I'll get it. Yo, Robert-you wanna play a round with me?"

Silence. "Oh, c'mon, Robert. Your brother is a pro and-"

My enormous hand pushes against his chest, as Jack steps back and sits.

"Ooookaaaay. I'll take that as a no, then." Jack sips his beer. "So, guess you're not in the mood to talk about tonight?"

"JACK!" Holly slaps him across the head.

"OW! Hey, I'm just tryin' to talk to this guy! He's worse than Gren at conversations-"

Gren snorts. "We Grendels prefer to keep to ourselves, Jack, especially from idiots like yourself."

"Ha, you're funny, tonight, Gren. Funny."

Again, Jack moves carefully in my direction. "So, nadda, huh Robert?"

"What do you want me to say, Jack? Ya' in the mood for a bedtime story?"

"Yeesh. Never mind."

"Jack, just sit the fuck down or I'm throwing you out."

Jack finishes off his beer. "For what, Holly? For askin' him a question?" He stands up and nearly trips on the pool stick. We all try to contain the laughter but my brother fails and erupts into a fit.

"Oh, fuck, Jackie boy! That was priceless!" He coughs, as Holly refills his cup. "Shit would've been funnier if you fuckin' fell on your ass!"

Jack flips Gren off, as he mumbles back to the table. Holly sighs, as she refills my glass.

"This guys. I'm telling you. All night..."

I chuckle, as Gren and I toast glasses and down our Whiskey. It burns going down, as Gren pounds the bar.

"You up for another round, bro?"

"Nah, I need to...to be...to be gettin' home. Carla might...might be worried."

My eyes are wide, as he moves slowly to the exit. I pay for our drinks, as I help him outside. The air is cold, as I rub my hands together. He pulls out a cigarette and offers it. Turning it down, he shrugs and lights his up.

"When did you start smoking?"

"When did I start drinking so much, huh little brother?"

I giggle. "Yeah...never mind." I pause, as we begin walking down the sidewalk. "So. You and Carla, huh?"

"Do you know her or something?" Shit! plan B, Robert. "Er, uh, no! No, I don't know Carla. Just...sounded familiar, I guess...."

"Yeah, she's a fine one, that girl; Auburn hair, pale skin, green eyes and the biggest ass you have ever seen!"

"Gren, really?"

"No, Robert, I'm serious. She is beautiful; the entire group of Smith girls are beautiful, dude. Four girls-mom is a mundy, dad is a Werewolf. I'm sure you've heard of John. He USED to be a Council member until SHIT went down."

"Yeah...I know..John...Lyla-"

Gren looks over. "Hey, that's Carla's sister name. You know her?"

"No..." That was a lie; I know Gren figured it out. The entire time we walked back to my apartment, he starred at me, waiting to see if I'd spill the truth. Nothing, even as I walked up the stairs, turned the key and walked inside.

"You sure you don't wanna stay the night? Just call her up and-"

"No, no, no....I'm fine, okay? Trust me. My place, ain't too far from YOUR place. Stay out of trouble, little bro. Can't keep ballin' you out...."

I watch as my brother stumbles down the stairs and back outside. Drunk. Fuckin' Drunk.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________-

Well, so far so good. I seem to be enjoying this one better. :)

• That's good to hear. Otherwise my schlock-worthy B-horror entry would win by default :P

I take it slow activity has been the motivator for this poll? If you want you could widen the space for "best whatever" from once a month to between now and the next holiday break, and I mean break, like a good week or so. That make it Christmas break, and after that Spring break. Idunno how well that would work, it's been a while since I've last been educated.

pudding_pie, I know how we can settle it down sooner! cocks Glock, into mouth chh'ee?

I will, I was thinking on waiting until a major holiday comes. Such as Halloween or Thanksgiving to post another challenge.

• Correct, slow activity has led me to create the poll. So far the majority of votes still wants me to create the award discussions! I'm really glad my effort has been appreciated.

I'm still going to do the monthly thing with the awards, though as of right now there might not be any for the next couple months until December. We'll see. However, since the thread has been picking up the pace in activity recently, there might be one for next month. I'll take note of your idea though, like I have with a few suggestions before!

Hbh128 posted: »

That's good to hear. Otherwise my schlock-worthy B-horror entry would win by default :P I take it slow activity has been the motivator fo

• edited September 2014

Awesome, awesome, just wanted to make sure! So ecstatic right now!

She may just have a bit of her Aunt Mary's personality, yes Elora is totally going to be a shadow of Rose, though maybe to her own extent.

• Yeah. I have a better one sketched out. This was in a quick hurry. lol

Hey, Hey. So this is the time when Carla and Gren are dating? Nice. Robert comes off as a loner who would rather be alone but still loves his brother's company. I enjoyed the scene with Jack. Was waiting for Robert to take that pool stick and smack him with it! XD

Great so far. Can't wait to read more.

Chapter 2 Thanks @pudding_pie. Still tweaking the final project; this works for now. Holly, our bartender, stood back and watched

Sign in to comment in this discussion.