Start a Story, be your own Fable. (Create a Fable Thread)

Comments

• edited September 2014

I suppose I'm lucky that I won't get to experience the heart-wrenching moments right away then. This gives me tons of time to prepare for the inevitable worst. T.T

I seriously hope that you're doing well apart from that, I still need you and the rest to be in tip-top shape!

EMMYPESS posted: »

ICAN'TTAKEADEEPBREATHDONTYOUUNDERSTAND. Lol, kidding aside. Reading that issue sucked, like hardcore. The whole beginning is actually fun

• edited September 2014

Is this another flashback chapter? Still very eager to see what happens after the beheading, unless this is it somehow?

pudding_pie posted: »

Chapter 24 "And baby makes three...for now." "WHAAAAAAAAAAAH!" Junior peered over at the baby monitor. "WHHHHHHHHAAAAAAHH!" He sat

• Yep, already can tell that Harm is getting angry, perhaps the only time where she scolded like that. :O Surely it will pass after the births and she'll return to her sweet and dangerous self again.

"Harmony, I can't find the car keys! Have you grabbed the diaper bag? Did we even pack a diaper bag?" Tim scrambles around the apartment whi

• LMAO! That made my night! I swear! XD

Yes, we all know how Mary can be a smart ass. Trying to stay in character when I wrtie about her. They are too sweet these two. And all their babies! :)

I just wanna say, I read the first few lines wrong by accident. I read,"And Junior Peed all over the baby moniter," and then I was like, "Wa

• No, the scene after the beheading will come later. Every so often I'll throw the past in to kind of get a feel of how things are; this was one of Junior's flashbacks to the reader. :)

Is this another flashback chapter? Still very eager to see what happens after the beheading, unless this is it somehow?

• Oh! Almost time for the babies! I love how demanding Harmony get's in regards to the epidural. XD

"Harmony, I can't find the car keys! Have you grabbed the diaper bag? Did we even pack a diaper bag?" Tim scrambles around the apartment whi

• I agree with Emmy! Have her join the circle of Fables! :D She can be like, lyla_smith or something since you are pudding_pie! XD

My GF just finished it and she cried, so from what you, others and herself has said, I'm preparing myself for the worse.

• JJwolfJJwolf Banned
    edited September 2014

Chapter 3

Alt text

Thanks for the pic, @pudding_pie. This comic looks brilliant. Penny looks great, too, as does Oliver. :)

There was a loud pounding on the door. Looking over, the clock read 3 am. Seriously? Who was this? I walked down the dark halls, turned the hallway light on and looked through the peep hole.

"Who the fuck is it?" I was prepared to change. "I'll fuck you up-"

There was a giggle. "Wow, Robbie! You will never change. GRRRR! Scary Grendel."

I sigh, unlocking the door. "Rose-"

Rose Red walks in, two beers in her hand. "HEEEEY, you. Heard you flew from the big house!"

"I didn't go anywhere-"

She sits on the counter, popping the top. "Yeah, I know. Good ol' Gren saved your ass before the Big Bad Wolf could sink his fangs into you!"

I grabbed the other beer and opened it. "A bit late to be visiting, don't you think?"

"Oh, Robert. C'mon! You never used to be bothered by my 'late night' calls."

"Well, I'm tired, my head hurts and I have work, so-"

She finishes her beer. "Welp, here I am." Rose tosses the can. "So, what did you do? Heard you got into a fight...."

"Yeah, well...it was nothing."

"Fable, right? DON'T think Woly and my dear old sister would let you leave THAT easily."

I huff. "Well, don't worry WHO it was. HE knows."

"Someone I know?"

I glare at Rose. "You KNOW it."

"Can I guess?"

"Nope."

She sighs. "No...fun...Robert!" She punches my arm. "So, how IS life for you these days? Been so long since we last spoke."

"Rose, its been a month-"

"Yeah well, you never call or wanna hang out anymore."

"I've been busy."

She looks around the apartment. "Oh yeah. I can tell. How long has THAT burger been there?"

"Huh. Not sure. Judging by the color, a long time."

Rose giggles. "So, seeing this dump I can guess no girls have been in here?"

I sigh. "Nope. Just you-"

"Wanna wrestle for old times?"

"No, Rose."

She opens the pantry. "Fine fine. Seems like you are still about ol what's her face."

My heart skips a beat. "What-"

"Oh please, Robert. You are SO sprung on that girl. You know she is engaged with like, four babies, right?"

My chest tightens up. "Yes. I...I heard that. I still have hope, so-"

"HA! Hope?! Man, you Grendels will do just about anything. Well, good luck with that. Got any Peanut Butter?"

As Rose grabs the jar, a butter knife and sits on the couch, she motions me over. As she digs the knife into the sticky mess, she glares at me.

"You're askin' for trouble..."

"Hush, Rose. I...I got this-"

"Well, your a good lookin' guy, I'm afireball of a woman...you know-"

I laugh. "No, Rose. We tried. No such luck. Better off as friends."

Rose licks the knife. "Yeah...you're right, Grendel."

She kicks my leg. "Well, call her if you REALLY want her..."

"I might...."

"Can I crash here tonight?"

"Sure."

"Cool. Later, Robert."

Yeah. Later.

Chapter 4 coming up

• Glad you like the image. I'm excited for this project; dig deeper into the Porgie clan as both children and adults.

This entire thing between Rose and Robert was fun to read. I'm taking they used to, um, 'fool' around...lol They would make a sweet couple but he is sprung on well...you know! XD This is getting REALLY good am I'm happy you changed the story. I love Robert.

JJwolf posted: »

Chapter 3 Thanks for the pic, @pudding_pie. This comic looks brilliant. Penny looks great, too, as does Oliver. There was a loud

• Awesome, that's what I figured. I just wanted to throw another question at you is all. I gotta stay consistent with your story! :P (yep, should be the right word, consistent)

No, the scene after the beheading will come later. Every so often I'll throw the past in to kind of get a feel of how things are; this was one of Junior's flashbacks to the reader.

• Is that supposed to be Rose up above? If so: by Sithis...

Chapter 3 Thanks for the pic, @pudding_pie. This comic looks brilliant. Penny looks great, too, as does Oliver. There was a loud

• No that is Penny! XD I made Jones this image and he's like a kid on xmas! lol Mmmm. But I JUST might do a Rose Red pinup now, Dragon. :D

Is that supposed to be Rose up above? If so: by Sithis...

• Shit, I feel embarrassed now. :S Emily's gonna be like, "The fook, Dragon? Did you really confuse my sister with that red-haired punk?"

Thanks for the correction though! I'm glad I gave you inspiration by confusing your picture, as much as I adore Rose Red anyway. :)

No that is Penny! XD I made Jones this image and he's like a kid on xmas! lol Mmmm. But I JUST might do a Rose Red pinup now, Dragon.

• LMAO Watch your back next time you're anywhere near the Pudding n' Pie. Emily tends to 'chill' in the alley now. XD Don't be embarrased. That's why I'm her to clear it all up. :D

Hey, no problem; I adore Rose Red myself so this should be a blast. :)

Shit, I feel embarrassed now. :S Emily's gonna be like, "The fook, Dragon? Did you really confuse my sister with that red-haired punk?" T

• edited September 2014

That's why I'm her to clear it all up. :D

Technically speaking from within the story? XD Just kidding, I know you meant here.

Can't wait like always! I really need to start drawing Tezoth (and maybe Rose!) myself since you've been slowly inspiring me to actually start drawing again!

LMAO Watch your back next time you're anywhere near the Pudding n' Pie. Emily tends to 'chill' in the alley now. XD Don't be embarrased. That's why I'm her to clear it all up. Hey, no problem; I adore Rose Red myself so this should be a blast.

• Nah, I know what you mean. You get attached to the characters, sort of invest in them, and then when the end comes it's Bam, there goes that imaginary universe. I don't if the alternative of it just going on endlessly is better, if the stories lowered in quality :/ neither are fun. Personally, I sit back in my chair to contemplate, but it's the same sort of thing. :P

I swear, every issue feels like that. It sucks, very, very bad, but I can't stop reading because I've fallen in love with the comic, and lov

• Aww, poor Tim getting all flustered! Though Harmony has it much, much worse - hopefully Scarlett the zephyr will be easy to give birth to if she just floats out.

• I imagine it'll feel like a fart, maybe XD

LupineNoir posted: »

Aww, poor Tim getting all flustered! Though Harmony has it much, much worse - hopefully Scarlett the zephyr will be easy to give birth to if she just floats out.

• That would be awesome to see! :) I'd be down for a little Tezoth and possibly Rose action! XD

That's why I'm her to clear it all up. Technically speaking from within the story? XD Just kidding, I know you meant here. Can't

• 12 Hours.

"Is she ready to push yet?" Tim asks.

"I've been ready for 12 fucking hours!" I yell. Even with the epidural, the pain seems to still linger and my back just aches in general.

"Soon, very soon. I'll check now, actually," Swineheart says. He lifts the sheet again, and smiles.

"Is it time?" Tim's eyes are anxious.

"It's time," Swineheart answers. He takes a stance at the foot of the bed, several nurses littering the hospital room. Tim blends in with them, since he was rather forced into the hospital scrubs they handed him.

He sits on the side of the bed, his hand caressing my forehead and pushing the hair from my face.

"Okay, time to push for baby number one," Swineheart says.

"1, 2, 3, now!" I push as hard as I can.

"Shit shit shit shit shit!" I release my breath,"Is it out?"

A tiny cry fills the room.

"A girl," Swineheart holds her up. She has a brown layer of fur with a little tuft of blue on top of her head, squirming in his hands as he lays her on top of my mountainous belly.

"Our little Ashlyn Mary," Tim says. He's glowing from the sight of his daughter. Swineheart lets Tim cut the first baby's cord, then a nurse pulls her off and begins the process of cleaning and changing the baby.

"Are you ready for the next one?"

"Yes," I suck in a deep breath.

"1,2,3, push!"

Despite the pain, despite the hard work, I push.

"Wahhhh!" This one wails out louder than Ashlyn.

"Boy," Swineheart calls, holding him up like the last one. I relax my head backward, breathing heavy and preparing myself for further pushing. This baby has black hair, looks completely human, and squirms just like his sister.

"Robert! It's our little Robert Darien!" Tim is so ecstatic. Again, he cuts this one's cord while I gather the strength to push forward.

"Do you need a break?" Swineheart asks as he hands the next baby off to a nurse.

I shake my head,"No, no, let's go again," I say. Before I can register, Mary is sat on the other side of me. She entered from a mirror in the room, there's no doubt.

"Excuse me, miss-" One of the nurses starts.

"Fuck off. My best friend was there for me, I'll be there for her." Mary cuts her off. She grabs hold of my other hand and smiles.

"Did you... see... the others?" I ask Mary. I'm extremely out of breath, pausing each time to talk a little more.

"Just goddamn push," She tells me, though there's a smile on her face. I do as she says, the next baby making his or her way into the world.

"Geahhhhh!" I grunt out loud.

"It's another girl," Swineheart says. A redish-brown haired baby girl is held up for my viewing. She too looks human, her cry not nearly as powerful as the last couple babies I'd just delivered.

"Where did she get that shade of hair from?" Tim asks.

"Probably my aunt Rose. Little Elora Rose, isn't that a coincidence? " I say. I lie backwards again as this baby's cord is cut and taken by the nurse.

"Now do you want to rest?" Swineheart says.

"Maybe a few minutes," I reply, letting Tim stroke my hair some and Mary squeeze my shoulder to relieve some stress in me.

I watch the nurses place each baby in an arrangement of little beds. They scribble the names on each card and place it in the little plaque on the front.

The minutes pass, and I help myself up into position again.

"Two more," Tim says.

I push again. Noah Charming comes out, healthy and furry, like his big sister, Ashlyn. The only difference is that his fur is dark black, but he does share a bit of blue streaks, especially in his tail.

And then there's the last one.

I didn't particularly feel her come out, nor did Swineheart know if she was born yet. But her presence registers on my radar, probably from being accustomed to the wind and it's changes.

A new wind was born today. Her name is Scarlett Snow.

"She has red eyes."

"How do you know she has red eyes?" Tim asks.

"It's a zephyr thing. I know what she was born with, even if it's not visible to you or anyone else. I can just see her."

"Well, where is my daughter?" Tim asks me.

"Come here," I say. She drifts her way toward me and Tim, and the air around us feels warmer.

"She's right here," I tell him. He smiles, his hand grasping the air in front of him.

The four that take on physical forms are placed in their little beds. After getting some sleep, I made my way toward the room that displays them. Tim, Mary, and various family members who could make it follow me to the room, and they coo over each little one as they move around and sleep.

"My babies," I say, my face pressed onto the glass.

"Our babies," Tim says, his arm around me.

2 in wolf form, 2 in human form, and a newborn wind :) The furry ones basically look like Snow's litter of cubs when they were born, whereas the human ones are....well, human! And Scarlett is essentially invisible, except for her own mother and Winter (Given than she's the North Wind, and knows that kind of shit, lol)

I hope you enjoyed it!

• Chapter 25

"Bloody Mary"

I watched along with Ariana, as Queen Mary strolled around the court yard. Her attendant, a young male with a rather large red feather in his hat, continued to follow her around. Ariana leaned closer to get a better look. Lost for words, I watched Mary pace back and forth, a sour look drawn on her face.

"My lady, the entire kingdom is worried you have gone mad with power."

Mary laughs. "And what have these fools been saying about me, Edward?"

"Your Heiness, they are trying to throw you from the throne. They do not see you fit to rule this kingdom and feel you no longer posses the ability to rule without-"

Mary takes a seat near a fountain. The crowd outside continue to shout and demand their queen return from within the walls. My heart races, as she stares into the still water. The colors from the setting sun dance along the ripples, as Mary dips her finger into the water.

"Mary, I fear thee worse for you, my Queen. If they should gain the attention of the government, they will surely force you down and-"

Mary cackles, which sends a chill down my spine. "Hush, Edward. They would never take such a risk. This people have yet to prove to me their loyalty and further more, win my trust. So many have tried stepping in these walls and challenging me..."

"My lady, you beheaded a man before their eyes. He was not commited to a crime and yet you-"

Mary holds up her hand. "You question me, Edward?"

Ariana and I watch as she stands up from the fountain and walk towards Edward. He stands his ground, unsure if moving at that moment would be a wise decision.

"She has that look again, Junior." Ariana begins chewing on her nails. "That same look she had when that poor man's head was cut right off..."

I too feared for this pathetic fool, as my beloved Mary grabbed him by the throat and held him very still. His gasping joined the hundreds of bellowing voices, as she watched the life slowly vanish from his eyes.

"Perhaps it is YOU who should watch thy back. I have no need for friends, for family. And why is that, Edward? For they are the rats in the Wheat, the Snakes slitthering between blades of grass, the night sky swallowing the stars above whole and leaving nothing but dbackness and loliness in the hearts of thousands."

I wanted to jump down from the ledge, run over and bring aid to this poor man. But before I found the courage, the mighty gates opened, as Mary and several guards walked back out into the crowd. Edward continued to thrash, as she tossed the shivering corpse onto the wooden floor. The crowd grew dead with silence, as Mary stood on the edge.

"My kingdom is being consumed by a dark and mysterious figure that dares destroy the very thing I have built. This kingdom is in ruins; a fire upon your homes, a plague in your water supply. Look around you. Have I not provided you with the best? Have I not tried to keep people like Williams or my dear friend Edward from destroying the very foundation of your lives?"

The drowd could only look on, as the Guillotine raised up, the blade glistening in the setting sun. The drowd soon became a pool of angry faces and burning torches and lanterns, as Mary dragged Edward to the basket, tied his hands and stood beside the desperate man.

"Your Heiness, please! I have done no such thing to-"

"SILENCE!" The crowd goes quiet.

Ariana forces herself to turn away, both her hands covering her eyes. Whimpering sounds are coming from her lips, as I can not turn away. I find myself watching Mary create circles around the begging man. This is not the Mary I knew, fell in love with; produced four beautiful children and shared a life with. From the corner of my eye, there she stood; Mary in her true form, watching her former self. She appeared to have been crying.

"I have tried to restore the faith and dignity of this land. Rats such as yourself have no place in my kingdom. You all will watch as these traitors die before your very eyes, so thy shall not make the same mistake and see their fates ending the same way."

Mary raises her hand up, as the excecutionar prepares for the signal. The crowd's focus now remains of Edward.

"This will be the one of many tonight."

"WHAT!?" Alarmed, Ariana walks over to Mary. Still in her true form, she snatches her sister in her hand and shakes. Afraid for the worse, I charge towards Ariana and pull her from Mary.

"How could you? You killed these people simply to place fear into their minds! What kind of monster did you become, Mary?"

Mary stands completly still, as Ariana slaps her face.

"Ariana!" I grab her hand and hold it to the side. "Stop! This is not helping! We have to-"

"Junior, look at her! Look...at..."

I stare back to the crowd, just as the blade comes crashing to Edwards neck. His head falls into the basket, as Mary holds it up to show the crowd. I look over at my Mary, who's eyes search mine for some sort of reaction.

"Do you regret it now, Junior?"

"No." My answer seems to surprise them both. "This, Mary-THIS does not change a single thing."

My neck suddenly burns, as I reach around to grab it. The heat singes my fingers and as I look up, Mary is gone.

"Where...where did she go? Ariana!?"

Standing in the corner, all she can do is point. I crawl to her side and look out into the crowd. My worst fears ever imagined are right before my eyes; in a line are five more people; three women and two men, all about the age of their mid to late twenties. Surrounding the people, are piles of wood. Attatched to their bodies, is a single stake. One of the guards sitting upon a white Horse holds a single torch, as Mary stands before the gasping crowd.

"Let tonight be a lesson to those sneaking about, trying to attempt my removal from the throne. I have established rules, boundaries and order."

Ariana and Isimply sat back and watched, as the torch was released the the pile of wood soon became a wave of heavy, burning flames. The screams and shrills from those five souls invaded my mind, as Ariana turned around and covered her ears. I, hoever, continued to watch; Mary stood beside me and watched as well, as her former self became lost in power, anguish and hate.

"Why...why did you-"

"I didn't want you to know this, Junior." Mary turned around and found her sister rocking back and forth. "Ariana-"

"NO!" Ariana continued to cry. "How...how could you, Mary? You abused this privialege....you...you were a murderer!"

The words seem to sting, as Mary turned away.

"This...this is what my ex-husband back at the Homelands was warning me about. That a Queen in a far off kingdom had lost her mind and was consumed with the darkness. Her hands were covered in their blood. Bloody Mary...they, they called you..."

Mary took on look at her sister and without hesitation, pounced upon Ariana. Sheilding her face, Mary sat upon her stomach and attempted to claw at her face. Pieces of flesh and blood flew in various directions, as I ran to Mary and tried pulling her off. I could feel the continuing burn, my plams glowing blue and my strength increasing.

"Mary, stop! You'll kill her!" I managed to throw Mary to the side. "Just...back off, sweetie! Let's just go back and talk about all this. We've seen enough and-"

Mary hisses, as she lunges in my direction, pinning me to the ground and before long, an enormous mirror appears below us. Before i could pull away, the glass swallows both of us.

"Junior!"

My last image is a worried Ariana, as Mary and I tumble into a spinning vortex of darkness and agony. I land on the ground with a thunderous thud; my back is in severe pain, as my palms continue to glow. I can hear feet moving about, as the clinking of glass echos along the darkness.

"You should have left things alone, Porgie." There she is. "Why did you have to do this?"

Trying to stand on my feet, she inches closer to my body.

"Why...have you been acting so strange, Mary? Please, talk to me! I beg you! Talk to me! I love you, God fuckin' damnit!"

"Junior..." Mary slowly backs up. "Your...your eyes..."

"TELL ME!" I fall to the ground, as I begin to sob into the cold ground. "Please...no more hidding. No more. Please...I, I can't handle anymore secrets. My dad had them, my grandfather had them...not you, Mary. I...I can't-"

Mary holds out her hand. "No more secrets...."

As I take her hand, it glows a deep shade of blue; a mirror appears behind Mary, as more time periods of her life appear.

"Ready, Porgie?" Her voice cracks, as I tighten my grip.

"Ready as always, Mary."

Together, we step through the mirror.

Chapter 26 soon :)

Any questions or concerns, you know the drill. Mary is taking Junior to another dark and forgotten part of her life. Is he ready and prepared? Will he be able to handle what will happen next?

• I do! Thank you again! :)

Glad you like the image. I'm excited for this project; dig deeper into the Porgie clan as both children and adults. This entire thing bet

• Wow that was intense! 0.0 The beginning and then the end. Where is she taking Junior. Not gonna lie, for a second I thought she was going to murder either Junior or Ariana. I feel so bad for Mary. She didn't want him to know; to look at her a different way. To loose him. :(

I can't wait to see what happens next, pie! :)

Chapter 25 "Bloody Mary" I watched along with Ariana, as Queen Mary strolled around the court yard. Her attendant, a young male with a

• Wow, just, wow.

This chapter had a lot of moments where I felt like I was actually there with Tim and Harm! The imagery with the babies was superb, and the moment with Scarlett being in the air around them has to be one of my personal favorite scenes from your story now. :3

12 Hours. "Is she ready to push yet?" Tim asks. "I've been ready for 12 fucking hours!" I yell. Even with the epidural, the pain seems

• edited September 2014

Damn, I can imagine more of Mary's life appearing as a hall or maze of mirrors now, like in those carnivals and stuff. I hope Ariana is okay too! Whatever is left of her, that is. :(

Chapter 25 "Bloody Mary" I watched along with Ariana, as Queen Mary strolled around the court yard. Her attendant, a young male with a

• Haha, thanks. I might skip ahead a few years, not right away, but soon. Sort of how like pudding_pie did with the Porgie Clan, but maybe a little different. IDK, I'll think of something soon enough.

Wow, just, wow. This chapter had a lot of moments where I felt like I was actually there with Tim and Harm! The imagery with the babies w

• Holy Shit.

I was just reading it and the whole time I was like,"Well, it can't get any worse, can it?" And then it did. So yeah, good job in shocking the shit out of me. -Claps-

I felt so bad for Ariana, but at the same time I also felt bad for Mary, and it was just a great big cycle of ,"How the fuck do I even react to this" And then the ending made me sad but happy because now we really really get to see into whatever is going on. Can't wait for more!

• "Are you sure you want to do this Rose?" Morgan's voice echoed in the grand room. The vaulted ceilings held paintings of heros, of magic, and of loss.

"I have to. I have to go. Don't you see?" Rose turns from her giant mirror to face her magical adviser.

"I see, yes." Morgan replies.

"I'll have to kill her if I don't," Rose rambles on. She unsheathes the golden sword whom she'd named Thorn many months ago.

"Unfortunately, that seems the case," Morgan walks over to Rose. She opens the portal Rose needs.

"I'm ready to leave," Rose says.

"You're sure?" Morgan asks once more.

Rose just nods. She slips through the portal, to the beginning.

To that dank little cottage she spent her tragic childhood in.

"Do you have Ashlyn and Robbie?" I ask as I pull the two car seats containing Elora and Noah. Generally, Scarlett keeps close by, unable to talk yet, but able to understand my commands as I tell her how to stay hidden, for the most part.

"Got 'em. Let's head up to the apartment." Tim responds.

"Did you set their bassinets up?" I ask him.

"Yeah! I actually was listening, you know."

"Uhuh," I let out a laugh. We go up several floors, the elevator music filling the silent void as we try our hardest not to wake the babies up. The apartment is empty, save for the smell of something freshly cooked in the kitchen.

"That's funny, I don't remember cooking anything," Tim says. He sets his two car seats on the floor.

"You didn't. I made you guys some food," Mary emerges from the doorway. Carter is on her hip, his head bobbing around as he takes in the new surroundings.

"Sweet," I say, placing the other two babies down.

Mary made us some chicken franchaise, steamed veggies, and some rice. We sat on the couch and ate while Tim struggles to get the baby bouncy seats set up.

"Why are these things so damn hard to put together," Tim said, connecting the cloth to the metal piece. There were two pink ones and two blue ones. We'd figured our little Scarlett wouldn't do much sitting in them, she she didn't much need one.

"At least we have their beds up. If you need a break, you can-"

"NO! I need to get them together, or else I won't feel like a man," Tim cuts me off jokingly.

"Alright, alright," I say. Just then, I hear the whimpering cries of on of the little monsters.

I stand, my feet taking me to their little bedroom. Each bassinet sits at an equal distance to each other. I immediately see which baby is squirming and pick him up. My little Robert.

I check for a stinky diaper, but it's still dry. I decide he must be hungry, since the last time any of them ate was this morning. My place is in the rocking chair that sits next to the changing table, and I help him latch on for a feeding. His tiny hands grab around me as I watch him feed. He's so soft. He looks so much like me. I touch the hair on his head, not much, but enough to know that it's jet black. No signs of blue streaks though, like I have. After about 5 minutes, he falls back asleep and I lift him back into his cradle. Then, another one begins her cry.

"Ashlyn, are you hungry too?" I ask, as if she could answer me. I lift her up, lifting her to the opposite breast. Her brown fur reminds me of Tim;s hair, though she has the blue streaks on her head. Just a few, but enough to notice.

I lay her down once more, and exit the nursery. Tim is finished with his little project, all bouncers ready for their babies.

"Which ones were fussy?" Mary asks. She has Carter sat up on her lap, too big to use the bouncers.

"Your favorite one and Robbie," I say.

"Haha, yeah! Ash has her aunt's personality." Mary says proudly.

"I suppose. Or maybe she was just hungry, like her brother."

"Nah, she's got a demon secretly deep down inside of her," Mary replies.

I laugh, plopping down next to her. Then, another cry comes from the bedroom.

"I'll get it," Tim says before I can get up. He leaves the living room for a minute and emerges with both Elora and Noah.

"They're hungry, and I don't have boobs. Sorry, but this time I'm gonna have to let you take them," Tim says. Now, I've got one on each boob, overlapping eachother.

"It never ends, does it?" I say, laughing again.

"Nope. Soon enough we'll get them on bottles, though."

Carter crawls across the gap between me and Mary and reaches his hands onto his little cousins. Mary tells him to be gentle as he stares at them, unsure of what to think.

"He's probably jealous that his favorite aunt can't give him any attention anymore," Mary says, grabbing her son and standing up. She lifts him above her head, making faces that make him giggle.

"Yeah, probably," I say. The two I have finish feeding and Tim takes them from me, returning them to their beds to sleep. He joins me on the couch as Mary cleans the plates off, taking Carter and herself through the mirror to their own apartment.

"I love you," Tim says after a while.

"I love you too," I say. We pass out on the couch.

Then, another baby cries.

First day at home :) More to come soon, probably tomorrow if not tonight.

• Look at me, getting all sentimental in honor of Harmony :)

Alt text

I've been rereading a lot, and every time I get to parts like these, I get all gushy inside. I found this one lying on the internet while browsing, so yeah :))))))

• Oh welcome to the world, little Harmony and Tim babies! :) How adorable; the description of each baby was well done and the end with their little gust of wind. :) I love these two and looking forward to more with Harmony and the babies.

Well done. :)

12 Hours. "Is she ready to push yet?" Tim asks. "I've been ready for 12 fucking hours!" I yell. Even with the epidural, the pain seems

• Lyla: Welcome to the multiple baby club. :) Enjoy what sleep you can get; it's going to be difficult but well worth it in the end. They are precious little gifts. Congrats to you and Timothy. :)

I loved this chapter. The struggles of parent hood times five! :D

"Are you sure you want to do this Rose?" Morgan's voice echoed in the grand room. The vaulted ceilings held paintings of heros, of magic, an

• That is actually what I was going for to describe the next chapter; a fun house of Mary mirrors! XD Each one showing her life and struggles.

Damn, I can imagine more of Mary's life appearing as a hall or maze of mirrors now, like in those carnivals and stuff. I hope Ariana is okay too! Whatever is left of her, that is.

• I REALLY wanted to dig deep into Mary's mind and fish out what is really bothering her; the past in her kingdom, the feelings of abandonment, her struggles to start a family. Like I mentioned to Dragon above, it will be like a fun house of mirrors showing her life.

Junior will finally understand and learn the truth behind the legend.

Holy Shit. I was just reading it and the whole time I was like,"Well, it can't get any worse, can it?" And then it did. So yeah, good job

• Superb

• edited September 2014

Hello fellow fables, good to see that the tales are still continuing!

I would like to partake in the fable awards if that's still happening. My entry will be my group of Fables Avengers consisting of Draco, Etan, Daren, Robby and Walter and the new member who joined their cause, Lydia who was saved by the group from goblins in a dark forest.

Etan,The founder of this team of fables and very powerful werewolf being the grandson of Fenrir the great wolf of Norse mythology. He is best friends with the werecat named Daren who he known all his life. Etan is also known for his trickery from which he acquired from watching the Norse god Loki and he learned various tricks from him.

Alt text

Daren, Second member of the team. A werecat and a family man, formerly. At the end of his story, he "died" and came back to life. In order to spare his family the pain he kept his presence hidden as if he were still dead and joined Etan on his quest to rid the Homelands of evil in hopes of reclaiming his old kingdom so he can reunite with his family once again.

Alt text

Draco, He was just a young man when he first encountered the wolf Wolven in the magical forest and finally discovering who he was, the son of one of the most powerful dragons. On his quest he traveled with the wolf and his friends in order to find his father who had been held by the tyrant Aizaax. After completing that quest and rescuing his long lost father, Draco returned home. Then Several years has passed and a new threat rose up. Boogey, an incarnation of the legendary Bogeyman.

After overcoming several obstacles and losses he defeats Boogey, then several years later he starts a family with the phoenix woman named Viera.

Alt text

Robby & Walter, Two brothers with two completely different personalities. Both are the sons of Robin Hood. One shares his fathers traits to rob from the rich and give to the poor, while the other shares their mothers traits of protecting those who are dear to him and seeking justice. In their story these two encounter Redd, the English legend by the name of the black dog who seeks revenge on fable town. He is defeated by Robby and spared.

Alt text Alt text

Lydia, The newest member of the team. She is a flying white horse baring a striking resemblance to Pegasus, from Greek mythology. She posses the ability to see the aura of all living things. Before being recruited by Etan, she was a guardian of a special sword, but one day the shrine that her and her fellow winged horses were guarding was attacked and most of them where killed. She escaped into a forest but was attacked by goblins and was severely wounded. She was then saved by the Fabled Avengers, and vowed to help them free the homelands from the villain know as Omnimaax.

Alt text

• Even in writing form childbirth seems an immense task - so you captured that well! Harmony is going to make an excellent mom, I think, and perhaps Aunt Mary will lend a hand! Good thing the babies all made it out safetly; just like a fart for one of them. ;)

• Chapter 4

'Bubble, Pop, Fabletown'

I can't sleep. (It's 4am where I am.) Everyone is asleep, so I decided to get up and continue Robert Grendel's little, uh, misadventures in Fabletown.

I did not return to the wonderous world of dreaming; Red Rose, however, was fast asleep on my couch and for once, I envied that woman. I made the difficult decision to stay awake. As I made coffee in my tiny kitchen, my phone vibrated. I reached over and headed back into my room. Last thing I needed was to wake her up.

"Hello..."

"Robert..." Gren. "Are you, uh, sorry for waking you up but-"

"I wasn't asleep, Gren." Could hear him sigh. "I can't sleep."

"Yeah, me neither. Must be a Grendel thing, am I right?" Seem to be the excuse of the year. "You still in bed?"

"Making coffee and might take a shower, although, a workout would be nice."

"Wanna meet up in the Pine Barrens and go for a run?"

I was a tad confused. "The Pine Barrens?"

"More space. I need to release some stress, smash some trees, wake up from this hangover. You know how it goes."

Judging by the tone in his voice, my brother was being serious. Rather than continue this merry-go-round of a conversation, I agreed to his terms and conditions. I'd meet him in thirty minutes and as I hung up with Gren, Rose stood in the doorway.

"Where ya' going, Robert?"

"Out."

"Why?" She still seemed drunk. "You don't wanna stay and have a few more with me? Maybe when we are through with that, another rumble in between the sheets?"

I ignored Rose, as she took a seat on my bed. I quickly undressed, put on new clothes and walked back to the kitchen. Like a child, I could hear her stomping down the hall. I poured myself a cup of coffee, as Rose laid her head down on the counter.

"Why don't you go back to sleep, Rose. Please-"

"You're no fun, Robert." Buuuuurps "And beside, what time IS it? I thought-"

"Go back to sleep, Rose. You can take my bed while I'm gone but when I come back-"

"Where you going?"

I sigh annoyingly. "Running. I'm going to workout with Gren."

"So, no tango in the sheets before you leave?"

"No."

Rose giggled. "You know, he'd NEVER let you see her, even if you tried..."

I knew who she was speaking about. "Really?"

"Yeah. He'd make your ass leave. An old fling at the door,wanting to see his woman? I've heard stories of this guy; he's insane, man and you'll see it for yourself should you-"

Before Rose could finish, she was passed out and fast asleep on my counter; her mouth was wide open, as a river of spit rolled down my counter. I picked her body up and placed it gently in the bed. Rose never moved. Gathering the neccessery items for the run, I left a quick friendly note and headed to the Pine Barrens.
    ~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

"There you are, Robert. Ready?"

The area surrounding us was still dark with several patches of fog in between. But from the distant, the sun was slowly starting to rise; the yellow and pink peeked through the trees, as I placed the earbuds into my ear. where we stood, it soon became a few seconds of green; both in our true form, we prepared to workout to the extreme. Gren smiled, as we prepared to go.

"Ready little brother?"

Giving him the thumbs up, we both took off and charged through the sea of thick trees and dangling branches. Meanwhile, I sang along to the song bouncing around in my skull.

'Well you can tell by the way I use my walk, I'm a woman's man, no time to talk. Music loud and woman warm, I've been kicked around since I was born.'

Climbing up a boulder, I noticed Gren uprooting some nearby trees and using them as weights. I took the opportunity to run down the boulder and through a clearing; the sun poked through the various clouds above, as I ran through the forest and close to a nearby stream. Taking a quick break, my lips touched the cool water as I took a drink.

Within seconds, my feet were on the ground and I pawed my way through the dirt. The wind blew past my body. It felt refreshing along my skin, as I charged through the forest floor. The music continued playing; Funkytown soothed the savage beast within, as I nearly had a head on colision with Gren. He managed to dig his hands into the dirt, just before out heads came to a thunderous stop.

"Whoa, whoa, hey! Easy there, Tiger. Where is the fire?"

I pulled one of the earbuds out. "Sorry. Didn't think you'd be nearby. You're quick! Saw you by those rocks earlier."

Gren continued catching his breathe. "Yeah well, needded to move my legs. Since you're here, let's walk."

"But. I thought-"

"Judging by your face, you need a moment."

I felt my face; my cheeks were burning and seeing his chest puff in and out like that, could tell Gren was speant and ready to take it easy. We sadly were not what we used to be; centuries of mundy food, drinking, stress and various objects created the lumps of clay now walking in the forest.

"Carla say anything to you when you got home?"

"Nah. She's a pretty easy going woman, to tell you the truth. She knows we went out for drinks."

"I have not seen her in years...bet she does not even remember me, honestly."

"No, she does. Asked about you when I came home, asked how things were going."

"What did you tell her?"

"Just told her you were doing fine is all. Asked if you were dating, had a job...the usual questions."

"She's a mundy. You, DO know that-"

Gren simply smiles. "I know."

There was a time when my brother could not stand mundies. Now, here he was dating one. Funny how life is sometimes.

"I better know. We have a daughter."

We remained silent for a few more miles before Gren spoke again.

"You still fooling around with Rose?"

"Not really. Made it way too complicated."

Gren sighs. "You should call her."

"Who-Rose?"

"No, Robert. You KNOW who I'm talkin' about."

I did. "She's got someone, Gren. You-"

"So, you two can't just have coffee and catch up?"

"I'll think about it..."

We continued walking down a dirt path. To avoid anymore awkward moments, Gren quickly changed the subject.

"You know the Jersey Devil flies out here sometimes?"
    ~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

We both changed back and decided to head back to the city. We went our seperate ways, as I took a cab and as it drove down the buys streets, I noticed the familiar landmakrs and steets approaching. The Pudding & Pie was around the corner. Telling the driver to stop, I paid, left the cab and stood before the strip club.

Chapter 5 coming soon

• The awards will continue, just not this month and probably not next month either. I'm still planning on doing challenges for the later months though!

MasterStone posted: »

Hello fellow fables, good to see that the tales are still continuing! I would like to partake in the fable awards if that's still happeni

• edited September 2014

Really good, the mystery woman has me thinking now of whom Gren hinted at who Robert should call.

Chapter 4 'Bubble, Pop, Fabletown' I can't sleep. (It's 4am where I am.) Everyone is asleep, so I decided to get up and continue Rober

• First off, that title; I actually like that song and blame my gf. XD

Second, I'm going to say this. Love Robert Grendel; the idea of Gren having a younger brother is fun and you can do so much with this. :) Rose is hillarious when she, umm, 'wants' Robert's attention and the 'lumps of clay' was fun to picture; two overweight and tired Grendels walking in the woods. Plus, the way Gren tries to change the subject!

I THINK I know now who the mystery woman is but to avoid spilling the beans, I'll wait till the next chapter. :)

Chapter 4 'Bubble, Pop, Fabletown' I can't sleep. (It's 4am where I am.) Everyone is asleep, so I decided to get up and continue Rober

Sign in to comment in this discussion.