• edited September 2014

Horrible. xD

http://youtu.be/EY3B6WnrfAk

Ellen's da best.

• And who's that girl? xD

Markd4547 posted: »

There is only one girl/person you would apologize to imo ;x

• Alt text

XD You best not be cheating on your family but the user begins with S(I won't say the full username) :P

And who's that girl? xD

• They have five nights at Freddie's in the Google play store O_o

• That game is so overrated.

They have five nights at Freddie's in the Google play store O_o

• You think I'd only apologize to Devyn? xD

XD You best not be cheating on your family but the user begins with S(I won't say the full username) :P

• Yeah, it was really awesome. Nickelodeon still has it on around 12:30 am.

AWESOMEO posted: »

Favorite childhood show, nothing was better than this

• Found cosplay of the year...

Alt text

• XD but still

Ellen's da best.

Alt text

That's the girl who makes the show for middle aged women and dances around in the most cringy way and constantly interrupts her guests who we actually want to hear but the most disappointing of all she gets the best guests of any show then asks them what there favorite colour is?

:'/ Conan ze best

Horrible. xD http://youtu.be/EY3B6WnrfAk Ellen's da best.

• Didn 't mean to be offencive to blonds. But you know, playing with stereotypes is fun. It is not meant to not be ofencive. It is meant to be funny.

I was like: O_O Then I was like: xD

• To who?

I'm sorry.

• Why am I not suprized?

O-O Katie Perry is Loki wtf

• That is so fucking badass.

Found cosplay of the year...

• It's funny to think about, isn't it?

• wut

It's funny to think about, isn't it?

• Yeah it is, the story behind it doesn't make sense. It still scares the shit out of me though. XD

That game is so overrated.

• So the videos I posted featuring Ninja Sex Party are gone. Which one of you was the butthurt barnacle-head who broke my balls?

• mybigdaddycanbeatupyourdad

• Joke

Q: Why did the mirror have holes in it?

A: A blond kept trying to shoot herself.

• Well I got like 6 fucking hours of sleep -_-

• edited September 2014

I have a crippling feeling that we're about to enter a 2nd Video Game Crash, like the one in '83. Companies are spending way, way too much money on mundane titles now, and the new games coming out aren't evolving enough in terms of gameplay mechanics. It's not like when the 16-bit era allowed for stronger musical pieces or bolder graphical fidelity, or when the 3D dynamics introduced full-freedom of exploration in levels and multiple perspectives in camera styles.

How has video gaming evolved since the last generation? What were the biggest games to have come out, not by popularity, but by quality? What games won all those awards and opened as the best of the media? A quick glance at the Wikipedia of the History of Video Games (Milestone titles section) gives us an idea on what these games are about:

• Assassin's Creed 2
    • Batman: Arkham Asylum
    • Mass Effect 2
    • The Last of Us
    • Grand Theft Auto IV
    • Bioshock
    • Metal Gear Solid 4

What did these games do that warranted their place at the list? Was it the solid gameplay mechanics? Looking at the games simply with nothing but gameplay in mind, was Last of Us any different than Tomb Raider? Is Bioshock any different than Rage? How come Assassin's Creed 2 comes up but not it's predecessor? Is there something we should take notice here, that it wasn't the gameplay that made these games great?

Was it the story and atmosphere? There are plenty more examples of games known as great stories, which are otherwise regarded as mundane shooters/action platformers. Spec-Ops: The Line, although a very generic 3rd Person Shooter, became something more when it parodied the modern military shooter genre with a dark realism which antagonist the player character. How is it that a game that plays nearly identically to other cover-based shooters such as Kane and Lynch and Army of Two could be memorable, while all the other titles becomes forgotten? How come Batman:Arkham Asylum and Arkham City are greater than Capcom's Remember Me? Was it because of the solid gameplay, or because it brought the return of the Animated Series cast of Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamil?

With the release of Watch Dogs, Titan Fall, and Destiny now come and gone, under-impressing a vast majority with unevolved gameplay mechanics from the past generation, I'm left to question what the future holds. The Order: 1888 looks different, but is it just going to be a new third-person shooter with cover elements? Is Bloodborne just going to feel like another Demon's Souls, much like how Dark Souls 2 did? How about The Evil Within and the new Resident Evil: Revelations? What about the new Silent Hill? How many survival horror games do we need to play before we realize that it won't ever get any better than Silent Hill 2 because of it's engrossing story? How many more times do we need yet another First-Person Shooter before we start calling them Doom-Clones again? How many times are we going to purchase another fighting game if it all just amounts to "Another Mortal Kombat" or "Another Street Fighter"? Another Smash Brothers? Another Horde Mode Multiplayer? Another First-Person Action game? Another example of game mechanics coming together to form what is considered "interactive entertainment"?

When will the day come when graphics would no longer matter? How many games have to come out where playing because of it's gameplay becomes monotonous? We've seen this already with games like Castlevania: Lords of Shadow being called a God of War knockoff, and with Grand Theft Auto V being an utter disappointment simply for lacking one little additional game mode. Many games are offering themselves as free-to-play because nobody would have bought "another WoW MMO", or "another MOBA" otherwise. It's happening now with Ace Combat being free, and with Capcom's Deep Down being free. There's a free-to-play Ghost Recon game, and Killer Instinct is free to an extent with purchasable characters. Team Fortress 2 is free, and other purchasable titles like Left 4 Dead 2 are being given away for free. Let's face it, buying a game for it's gameplay isn't selling anymore, and if that's not enough to satisfy the next generation, it's time for something new.

I think it's time for Story-Based games, and an evolution of interactive narratives, to take to the front lines, otherwise we'd be going through the same issues the industry suffered through back in 1983. An overabundance of too-similar titles.

At least, that's what's on my mind right now.

EDIT: Hell, the music-based Guitar Hero and Rock Band franchises have come and gone in ONE generation of games. Those style of games are already dead due to market saturation. What's the next mainstream appeal to die? Minecraft and Day Z survival/crafter clones?

• I know that you'll lead us through this fight.

• Alt text

XD maybe

You think I'd only apologize to Devyn? xD

• This is the best :'D

• I get it. :/

blueneon posted: »

Didn 't mean to be offencive to blonds. But you know, playing with stereotypes is fun. It is not meant to not be ofencive. It is meant to be funny.

• I have to admit, the first night scared the shit out of me, but it becomes boring after the first night.

Yeah it is, the story behind it doesn't make sense. It still scares the shit out of me though. XD

• I got 0 hours of sleep.

ComingSoon posted: »

Well I got like 6 fucking hours of sleep -_-

• Joke. AGAIN!

Q: What did the blind, deaf, mute quadraplegic boy get for Christmas?

A: Cancer.

• edited September 2014

Alt text

I thought this was a spam troll but instead it was a massive post of awesomeness thank you

Companies what will case the crash E.A Sports and Activision thank god for Naughty Dog, Quantic dream and telltale

The price of games are going up while the quality of the games apart from the graphics are suffering everything is a dlc you never get a full game everything is always locked till you pay for it and don't get me started about bugs

The most underrated game of all time the darkness is better then any COD people are buying brands and reviewers are giving great reviews for sexual favours(Zoe Quinn) long story)

I agree with you :D

Recently I had a decision the new COD or Crash Bandicoot on my Vita and I went for Crash best game ever made nuff said

Tell you a joke the new psvita fifa is called legacy edition all they do each year is update the squads to the recent players and it's still full price 50 euro with no changes XD

Itchy_Tasty posted: »

I have a crippling feeling that we're about to enter a 2nd Video Game Crash, like the one in '83. Companies are spending way, way too much m

• It 's ok. I should be more carefull with what I post. Read my latest joke?

I get it.

• U gon die

I got 0 hours of sleep.

• STAHP BEING DEEP JUST TELL US WAT

It's funny to think about, isn't it?

• I don't think any of us flag inappropriate videos, if they were inappropriate, a mod probably removed them.

Hbh128 posted: »

So the videos I posted featuring Ninja Sex Party are gone. Which one of you was the butthurt barnacle-head who broke my balls?

• nu

ComingSoon posted: »

U gon die

• It will come by time-

AWESOMEO posted: »

STAHP BEING DEEP JUST TELL US WAT

Sign in to comment in this discussion.