Start a Story, be your own Fable. (Create a Fable Thread)

Comments

• If you really want to, no pressure. :P

JJwolf posted: »

LOL One of these days I'm gonna have to take pics of the various folders and pics he has pinned up. And yes, in the bedroom is where pie keeps these marvelous treasures! XD

• This is great news! I'll be giving you and another a warm welcome in this thread soon.

@pudding_pie @DragonButter thank you guys!!! I'll try to get the next part uploaded soon

• Nicely done with the rain to set the mood, I love it.

Chapter 10 I JUST noticed its been awhile since I've written anything! XD Here we go! We made it to the Trip Trap before the sun had s

• Oh man! You know and I was looking at it towards the end and thinking 'what am I missing?' lol my bad, Dragon! ^^; Still, glad you like it either way. I'll make SURE to make a mental note of it!

And shutup, JJ! XD 'I told you' Psh! Whatev!

Hell yeah! You did an excellent job as I said. (another +1 for adding the sword) But, there's this one thing that you missed though. If you're willing to hear what it is. ^^

• LMFAO That picture, tho! It DOES look like him! And this is what Katie comes home to. XD

I love anything that has to do ith Emily Porgie. She's a female version of Georgie...what more can you ask for? lol Then the BR scene with J

• edited October 2014

I agree with Dragon. that entire scene with him in the alley, the rain, the description of the umbrella. Nicely done.

And btw my god Robert loses his marbles easily when someone mentions Lyla. Then agian, she DOES have that about her. XD

Chapter 10 I JUST noticed its been awhile since I've written anything! XD Here we go! We made it to the Trip Trap before the sun had s

• Stalker! XD I don't mind actually. Was thinking of doing this anyways. :) Let everyone see the mess Pie has created in his own sanctuary.

LOL One of these days I'm gonna have to take pics of the various folders and pics he has pinned up. And yes, in the bedroom is where pie keeps these marvelous treasures! XD

• Can't help but feel for Mary - a child can be tricky to cope with when both parents are present, never mind by oneself. At least Carter is too young to be worried about such things, and they have each other. As with what Dragon said, is this the Alice from Alice in Wonderland? And I'm desperately trying to remember what job it is that Mary does, however I cannot and so apologize, and wonder if you could remind me?

Thank you for writing what you do.

EMMYPESS posted: »

Mary got home late from her job. Her head entered through the glass first, followed by the rest of her body. She had to hang the mirror high

• The bit with Alice shouting Fabletown in the car and Katie swerving was pretty amusing, I thought!

As for Johann, well, if he isn't the father, he's got more charity than most other people. And if he is the father, at least he's trying to financially support Penelope. How they came together is a whole other matter.

pudding_pie posted: »

Chapter 7 Meat, Porgies and Devils "Mommy where are we going?" Katie buckles Alice, Madeline and Bella into their seats. The three

• I agree with what Pie and Dragon have said before me: this is an intriguing start and I'm interested in reading more! If this is the Huntsman of Red Riding Hood fame, I wonder if sparks will fly should he and Bigby cross paths.

Hello all This is the first chapter in my story. Please let me know what you think and don't hold back, I want this to be good. Chapter

• Mary seems lonely, or certainly worn out. I'm not sure if that's how you're intending it to come across - there's a good chance I'm just getting that from my own interpretation - but this does show a different side to her that we've not really seen before.

Oh, gosh, I hate those sort of extra learning things on weekends with a passion. Five out of seven days not good enough for ya', education? Gotta invade weekends to? Good luck with it, though!

Mary woke up really suddenly, still sitting in the armchair within her son's bedroom. He was awake already, building with his Lego Duplo set

• LOL I'm glad you liked that part. I too had a blast just picturing that. XD

Everyone seems to be getting it so I'll say it now: Johann IS the father. I'll explain how they got together. It's a very sad story in the end. Penny will tell Katie in the next few chapters.

LupineNoir posted: »

The bit with Alice shouting Fabletown in the car and Katie swerving was pretty amusing, I thought! As for Johann, well, if he isn't the f

• Fantastic! I love the way Tez and Rose are eyeing each other; there's tension, alright. The little details like Tez's headphones and belt sticking out add to the character, in my opinion, while the sword and Clara are great touches. Also, that is an epic dragon!

The slightly bulging stomach of Jersey's is drawn with uncanny accuracy! xD

It's Halloween in a few weeks, fellow writers and I'd like to get started on an early costume contest going on. My poor blank sheets of pape

• Intriguing! I like it ;)

Bloody-Mary posted: »

I say you're kind of on the right track, but I'm not going to spoil anything for you about Medusa But she will make an appearance physically soon enough.

• Yes! That is an absolutely excellent image! XD

XD The image I got in my head; this little Weasel perched on his shoulder, using the spoon to shoo off the vermin with wings! Georgie yelling his thunderous profanities that we all know and love!

• Yup :) People think it's a spoon and so not sharp, they get close, and you just plonk them on the head!

Mr. Weasel with a spoon, perfect weapon of choice.

• Loving the one on one duel prospect!

"We see who poignant, when I'm wearing your skull as a hat." Etan as his eyes glow.

There is no adequate come-back to that line!

MasterStone posted: »

The end is near, but not quite. Act 6, Dark Kingdom Part 2 Our heroes find theirs united. With the people form their past here to assi

• You know what. I'm drawing that now!! XD

Yes! That is an absolutely excellent image! XD

• I wondered if you might but I didn't dare ask!! :D

You know what. I'm drawing that now!! XD

• It's get-togethers like this that really remind you just how large the extended Porgie family is! I see what you meant earlier about Penny and Johann's story being sad: we still don't know much but Penny really didn't seem happy.

Hope the reunion's fun! :) I imagine that there will be lovable fussing from grandparents!

Chapter 8 Anything different While the meat marinated for another hour, Katie, Lyla and Penny helped set the table. The men were outsi

• JJ told me that not to long ago also; besides the quads themselves, now each of them either is married, dating OR has kids. There are so many Porgies now! XD Lyla and Georgie would not have it any other way, though. :) They LOVE all their grandbabies!

And yes, like everything else, I'll explain their situation. Johann can never seem to catch a break these days. :(

It's get-togethers like this that really remind you just how large the extended Porgie family is! I see what you meant earlier about Penny a

• edited October 2014

Yeah, top marks on the description! I have a thing about neon lights in the rain, so that appealed to me :3

It's good that Robert might be finding friendship elsewhere, but how does he see himself with Lyla? Is he okay with just being friends? And how does Rose feel about things? She's close to Robert - maybe she has feelings for him? So many questions! I shall have to read more. :)

• Hmm, would it be the same person pulling the pranks? I'm possibly reading too much into it! Be interesting to see how Lyall's getting on with his new leg, too.

Bloody-Mary posted: »

October 4 Dear diary... Or should I made this a daily journal or something, not sure yet. It's Lyall Wolf here, and I find it really h

• Or... you know what, I'm not going to describe it. It may reveal the dangerous, murderous side of me. >:)

Yup People think it's a spoon and so not sharp, they get close, and you just plonk them on the head!

• October

4th: I write this entry in a far different state of mind than when I wrote the last one. Why? Because I found out the reason all the Fables at the Farm were ignoring me. Yesterday afternoon - after a morning of dozing peacefully atop a hay bale - I awoke to find myself in true weasly form; I'd run out of glamour! Normally that would cause me much concern, 'but why should I worry about it here, of all places?', I wondered to myself.

So I set about in search of food and suddenly there were 'hello's!', and 'how are you's?', and 'why are you stealing my apple pie, you damn ferret?!'. That last one was said by some sort of gnome or goblin - very possessive of pies are gnomes and goblins. Anyway, I soon came across Badger and Ratty, who explained to me that most Fables at the farm feel subjugated by the Fables that look like the Mundies, and so they refused to acknowledge me when I appeared Human, because I was a sort-of traitor! Perhaps there's some sort of philosophy in this experience about having to accept oneself before anyone else can truly accept you. There may be some political issue afoot here, too. All I know for sure is that that apple pie was excellent.

I'm back in Fabletown now - Snow and I drove back this evening. She knew I was good on glamour and so didn't deny taking me back. I've got good memories with me though, like watching the Cow jump over the Moon; and talking riddles with the Cheshire Cat. Oh! And I almost forgot about the game of cards I played with the walrus that wears circle-brimmed glasses. No idea who that walrus is, but they sure know how to pull a poker face.

Finally, a few of us watched the sun set last night, and I watched it with the city on the horizon while driving back tonight, too. That intense yellow glow low in the sky; rays touching the the underneath of clouds, turning them a rouge red. After, the thin layer of toasted orange that gives way, higher up, to the icy blue expanse of sky, finishing in the endless depth of black. The stars shine and shimmer, twinkle and twitch; the moon gazes on us all down below. Those are the sunsets that only happen around this time of year.

So, Mr. Weasel has found that the Farm isn't quite as bad as he thought it would be. I wanted to flex my descriptive muscles as I haven't used them in a while, hence that bit at the end about the sunset! Sorry if you don't like that sort of a thing or it seemed a bit roughly done!

• You have me intrigued, Dragon. Intrigued, and slightly scared. Looks over shoulder just in case

Or... you know what, I'm not going to describe it. It may reveal the dangerous, murderous side of me.

• Thanks for the support during ch.1 guys. Here's ch.2, and make sure to lemme know what you think :D

Chapter 2

Slowly. Carefully. I stayed patiently, waiting for that flying monkey to fall asleep on his drunk ass. He continued to hum tunelessly until the bottle slipped from his arms and crashed on the floor. A few more seconds, and I heard snoring.

I straightened up and stretched for a second before looking around the Business Office. Obviously, something big had been happening in the city. Papers were thrown aimlessly on the desk, dust had started to collect, and the entire office just seemed to have a sense of tension. Nevertheless, I walked across to my destination - the Magic Mirror.

Halfway there, a sword stopped my path, leaning on my shoulder. Smiling, I turned around. "Snow White," I said. "Its been a while."

Snow glared at me with her piercing eyes. Also to strike fear into me, her dress was covered in blood, and her hair was all over the place. She lowered the sword and said, "Explain why you though it was necessary to break into the Business Office at the crack of dawn."

I ignored her question and continued to look at her bloody clothing. "That time of the month again? Mother Nature's a bitch."

She swung her foil at me and I leapt aside last minute. "Whoa, whoa! What's with the hostility? What have I ever done to piss you off?"

"There was the whole 'tracking me down to kill me' thing," Snow said.

"Business is business," I said. "Your dear stepmother was ready to pay me quite a good amount of money I must say."

Snow didn't answer, but instead just continued to glare. "You still haven't answered my question."

I sighed. "I'm on a case for a rather troubled gentlemen, and I need to know more about my destination. Therefore, I snuck in here to use the mirror. Now you still haven't answered my question? Whats with the clothing?"

Snow raised her sword again and I backed up, but instead of slicing me with it, she set it on her desk. "Its not mine. It's Bigby Wolf's. We are working a case and things haven't exactly gone as planned."

"Oh," I said. "I always liked Bigby, despite the fact no one else did. Probably because I was the only one who could understand him."

"Yes you probably are the only one who can understand him," Snow said. "But I doubt you are the only one who is fond of Bigby."

"Yes, we both know that part isn't true."

Snow glared at me for the third time that night. "Unfortunately, the Mirror cannot be of any use to you." She nodded her head toward it and I saw it - it was cracked, with a piece missing. She strode over to her desk and reached into her drawer and pulled something out. "What are you looking for?"

"Information," I said. "On the River Lethe."

"I'm in no mood to argue, so I'll let this break-in slide by. Don't except the same treatment next time you decide to." she pointed to a a dusty bookshelf in the corner. "They'll have some information on what you want."

She strode past me and without looking back, she left the office.

After about an hour of searching, I found the book of magic rivers. I flipped through the pages until I came to a stop on the page after the Fountain of Youth. It was a moving picture, sort of like a video. I saw the river, looking purer than any other source of water that you could find. Looks could be deceiving though - I knew that one sip of that water would cause you to lose your memories forever. Which is why I am going of course.

"That's it?" I said. "No guards?"

Almost on cue, the picture changed and out of the shadows came a giant, three headed dog the size of the cave itself. It was muscular and stomped its paws on the bones that were littered around the floor of the cave. I heard the rattling of a chain, probably the one that was holding it back. Each head looked behind them at the chain shined their sharp teeth and let out what unmistakably a roar that was probably one to rival the God of Wolves' roar itself - Bigby's.

"Great," I muttered to myself. "Piece of cake."

I shut the book and shoved it back into the shelf among with the others. I picked up my bag that I had left in my hiding spot, and not looking back either, I strode out of the Business Office to hail a taxi to take me to the nearest airport.

• edited October 2014

Since there won't be a Fable Storyteller Awards for October, let's all give a warm welcome to @Shubbalubbadingdong for sharing his tale with us, and for being the newest addition to our storytelling group. Also, a shout-out to @Anubis85 for doing the same back in September. :)

• Awesome, only 2 chapters in and I'm already likin' this guy. Loved the little clash Adam and Snow had as well, caught me by surprise. :P

Thanks for the support during ch.1 guys. Here's ch.2, and make sure to lemme know what you think Chapter 2 Slowly. Carefully. I staye

• Good for Mr. Weasel, at least he knows now! I liked the sunset bit, it gets the job done, haha.

October 4th: I write this entry in a far different state of mind than when I wrote the last one. Why? Because I found out the reason all

• Thank you for accepting this request! I shall provide a description:

Alt text

Can I just tell you this; I've been meaning to but always forget. The names you give your characters are unique and fun! With that being

• More to come!

Loving the one on one duel prospect! "We see who poignant, when I'm wearing your skull as a hat." Etan as his eyes glow. There is no adequate come-back to that line!

• I do! They'd be totes adorbs <3

Aww, you really think Tez and Rose would make a good non-canon couple? I do too. ^^

• No, you're pretty much on target :)

And yeah, I hear ya. It took a ton out of me today, I'm ready to sleep lol! It's not even dinner time just yet and I need a nap XD

Mary seems lonely, or certainly worn out. I'm not sure if that's how you're intending it to come across - there's a good chance I'm just get

• October 4th

Dear Diary,

I guess I'm doing this for the appeal of writing, seeing as my passion is books and all things figurative. I read something somewhere that writing down thoughts improves ones memory as well as recalling and math skills. I just couldn't resist at that point! Today is the fourth, and normally it gets cold in early October. We're already starting to wear our coats, and it actually snowed yesterday. Today, my Grandma Winter came over to make some cookies with us. I love the chocolate chip kind. Afterwards, she took us to Central Park so we could play with some mundy children. I recognize a few of them from school and I watched Noah play kickball with a group of them. I don't like sports as much as him. I'd rather play with Scarlett, she's the only one who doesn't call me four eyes because of my glasses.

At least they're red. Red is my favorite color. There's this cute girl on our school bus who always wears red barrettes and one time one fell out of her hair but she left before I could pick it up and give it to her. I decided to keep it.

Do you think that's weird? Why am I asking a book for opinions. Elora thinks the book will answer her, but I keep telling her it won't. She says that it doesn't matter and that they are rhetorical questions but secretly I still think she's waiting for it to speak to her. Scarlett takes her diary very seriously. She won't let us touch it and hides it each night, and I'm the only one who knows where she puts it. I hope the others don't force me to give up the location, they seem very curious about it's whereabouts.

Anyway, after Grandma Winter took us back home, our cousin Carter visited. He's super cool! He's a grade above us and whenever he decides to hang out with me for recess I think the other kids who aren't friends with older kids feel jealous. Whenever me and him play, he normally asks be about the books I read which only him and Scarlett ever listen to me talk about. The rest of the kids could care less. Today, Carter stopped by through the mirror and said he wanted to hang out with all of us and Mom said it was okay. We played videogames mostly and then Grandma baked a few pies for us. It was pumpkin pie, but I think the only super-excited one was Scarlett who just can't get enough of these pumpkin themed products. Also, Dad said we'll be going to the farm tomorrow with Aunt Mary and Aunt Morgan and their kids. We'll be getting some pumpkins from the new pumpkin patch set up over there. I hope I also see my grandparents and my other aunts and uncles. Especially Uncle Ambrose. He's cool too.

Everyone's getting ready for bed now. I need to finish up writing soon. They were showing a scary halloween movie on TV earlier and Ashlyn forced me to watch it. It wasn't as scary as I thought it would be, but then again I hid my face under the covers for most of the time. She always calls me a wimp but Dad says that none of us are wimps, and I choose to believe Dad over Ash.

Will Write Later,

Robbie Darien.

One last child to go before we start cycling through again! Woo, I hope you like these <3

• edited October 2014

Mary lingered on the other side for a minute. She faced the mirror she would have to use. She didn't want to go through it, but she did anyway.

It was Jack's apartment. She was in his room, which was empty other than the garbage that was piled a foot from the floor. She scrambled across the room and heaved his door open, catching him sitting on the couch drinking a beer and watching whatever it is suits his interest.

"Hey baby," He said, a goofy smile across his face. He was drunk, this much was obvious. If he weren't he wouldn't be nearly as friendly.

"You owe child support," She spat out. She wasn't in the mood for socializing.

"The what?" He asked.

God, she was afraid of this. "For Carter. I need the money you owe me. You're behind 3 whole months. That comes up to about a thousand dollars, Horner."

He seemed to ponder it a moment. "Don't got it." He said.

She was infuriated. Before she could register, her face was inches from his and she was in her true form. The fear in his pupils was so bold, Mary almost jumped at her own reflection.

"I need the goddamn money!"

She heard him gulp and place his beer on the end table. She backed away and he stood, reaching for his wallet in his pants.

"Here, fine. Whatever. One thousand dollars, cash. Take it."

She snatched it from his hands. Her form changed back and she waltzed back to the mirror, back to her fake reality.

Now for the next errand. She traveled in the mirror again and exited in a place no where's near Fabletown. It was a public bathroom.

She fixed her hair in the mirror, the LED light above her flickering to the loud beat of the music just past the ugly green bathroom door. She applied thicker makeup, then entered a stall that wasn't completely nasty.

She changed into a skirt and a revealing shirt. Her sneakers were switched out with a red pair of high heals. She left the bathroom and no one seemed to realize her entrance from the unknown. Her head kept high, she walked past the drunk and the ugly, the rich and the poor. She was in the Puddin' and Pie.

Her fist slammed against the office door. A few minutes passed, no answer.

"I know you're fuckin' in there, Hans!"

The muffled groans were heard as the man appeared in the little window. He squinted due to the darker lighting of the club, then realized it was Bloody Mary and urged the door open. She entered and watched as he sat back in his cushy swivel chair.

"Whataya want?" He asked. His orangish hair glistened in the light above him. He reclined back and smiled, watching her struggle to sit on the stool in front of him without showing anything risque.

"I want to talk to you," She replied.

"Bout?" His hands folded in front of himself.

"About how long it'll be before I'm promoted from Slut to just a bar keeper!" She was angry already.

"You already are the bar keeper." He replied.

"With this fuckin' get-up? It's goddamn demeaning!"

"You want your job still? That's the uniform. If you don't like it, there's plenty 'a hotter fables to take your position."

"Fuck you," She said.

"Fuck you too," He replied. His hands went through his greasy hair. Mary thought back to the time when Georgie owned the goddamn strip club. At least he made things seem more professional. Ever since Hans took the role, he went from the sweetest guy to being colder than Georgie himself. And cheaper.

She stood behind the counter. Technically, she had today off. But, there are bills to pay. She needed another couple thousand by the end of this week before she could change things.

Most of the low-life here were Fables that, back in the day, would have never stepped foot in this establishment. They were considered 'Not high class enough.' Guess it's what happens when the place is going bankrupt and there's no other choice but to let the creeps in too.

Most of the drunks would flirt with her, even though there was supposed to be a zero-tolerance policy against that. Hans was too afraid of loosing profits, so naturally he disregards pretty much everything in the handbook good ole Georgie had written himself.

Even when she threatened some of the guys, it only aroused them more. She never understood any of these men. Her boss exited his office, then smiled in Mary's direction.

"I took your plea for a promotion into consideration," He announced to her.

She raised her brow at him. This didn't seem right.

"And?" She poured another glass and handed it to one of the drunk men.

"Not only will you be a tender, but you'll also be doing some dances in the back rooms. Your hourly pay will be hiked up significantly if you take it."

She bit her lip. She was desperate for all the money she could earn.

Absolutely desperate. She took a deep breath, wiping her hands onto her skirt and approached her boss.

"Alright." She said.

His smile distorted even more creepily.

What had she really just agreed to?

Dun dun dun! I'll probably write more tonight, if I get some time. Hope you liked this one, I bet it was a bit surprising, no? Leave questions and comments below <3

• Ooh, I really liked this! The whole scene with Snow...very intriguing! Keep it up!

Thanks for the support during ch.1 guys. Here's ch.2, and make sure to lemme know what you think Chapter 2 Slowly. Carefully. I staye

• A part of me thought she was going to be employed in the, uh, 'adult' services. I first thought waitress but that is too cliche. I hope Jack get's his act together for the sake of Carter; he and Mary may not see eye-to-eye but there is a child involved.

Now, Hans. That is the LAST person I'd see run the club and his demenour change drastically like that. I have a feeling he's gonna want Mary to do MORE than what he's asking of. Can't wait to see more. :)

Mary lingered on the other side for a minute. She faced the mirror she would have to use. She didn't want to go through it, but she did anyw

• Haha, yeah. She's got a LOT of shit to deal with at the moment. It took me a while to think of the perfect person to put in that spot. I figured from the game, it seemed like Hans may have wanted to continue Georgie's work after his death....and so I rolled with it :) I was going to make him an okay guy at first, but then the thought came upon me to make him a worse guy than anyone could imagine.

There will definitely be more surprises as I continue this, don't worry!

A part of me thought she was going to be employed in the, uh, 'adult' services. I first thought waitress but that is too cliche. I hope Jack

• October

Day 4

Alt text

@LupineNoir Haha both our guys hate birds! Finally Georgie has someone he can relate to! XD

Dear Diary:

Hello? What do I do with these things? Hmmm. I've seen mommy write in them before but....

Oh, hi! My name is Katherine Porgie and my mommy is out at the moment. I wanted to tell you all about the fantastic time we had today at the Pumpkin Patch!

Well, daddy woke us all up early and we had a BIG breakfast. Mommy made us eggs, waffles, orange juice and toast; daddy went to the store and brought back a lot of fruits to cut up. I had Strawberries on top of mine. He also got syrup and we covered the Waffles in it. That was so good!

Later, I got to play outside with my brothers and sisters for a bit. We had to be bundled up because its getting cold now. The wind was blowing really hard all day. The leaves daddy raked were scattered all over the yard. He said we could play in them. Penny and I made a house out of leaves; the middle was our bedroom, another section the kitchen and another for the living room. The boys played for a bit until Peter got hurt. I swear I have NO idea how he fell down...

Mommy and daddy then took us to the patch. Even though Jersey brought us Pumpkins, mommy needed some for her pies and decorations. Daddy said we can pick out ANY Pumpkin we wanted. We all picked very big ones; Ethan had a Squash instead but he swore it was a 'baby weird lookin' Pumpkin. To avoid further meltdowns, daddy agreed.

We went to a Haunted House, too! Let me tell you I wasn't scared for ONE minute. Well, maybe just this one time...the guy had a mask and was weilding a chainsaw in the air. Ethan cried the entire time, Junior peed his pants (don't tell him I said that) and Peter tripped over a cord and scrapped his knees. Only one that didn't get scared was Emily; she LAUGHED at this mannequin being tortured by the some guy in a black mask. Penny was okay up until the middle part. She said the people pretending were doing too good at their job.

Mommy was mad at daddy for a bit; she didn't THINK it was this bad. Daddy showed her the flier Johann the Butcher gave him. After careful reading, mommy pointed out there were TWO seperate ones: For big kids AND little kids. After taking a few minutes to recuperate from the trauma and allow Junior a chance to change his pants, we decided to tackle the other Haunted House.

Emily was bored. VERY bored. Said it was dumb. But we liked it; it wasn't scary at all! At the end we got a sticker and our picture taken. There was a bounce house and a free puppet show. Mommy and daddy said we could stay for another hour. We got to have Caramel Apples and this green drink. The gu said it was 'Brains.' Tasted like Mountain Dew with ice cream inside to me.

We left when the sun was going down. But first we stopped to get Taco Bell for dinner. Peter and Ethan BOTH wanted Loaded nachos with extra sour cream. We took the food home and daddy made a little area in the backyard for a picnic. We sat and ate dinner while we watched the sun hide behind the tall buildings. The stars twinkled above, as we all curled up beside mommy and daddy. The wind was blowing but not too bad. :) The moon came out and me and mommy howled; the others joined in, even though they are not Wolves. XD

Oh, better go! I hear mommy! XD

<3 Katherine

Sign in to comment in this discussion.