Start a Story, be your own Fable. (Create a Fable Thread)

Comments

• Maybe I should have said 'me and mom' instead; she's referring to herself and Nancy. Like I said, think my choice of words were terrible. XD

And I agree but Penny loves that annoying cat, so, guess let her have the moment.

This may be my mind playing tricks on me, but I think I saw this in your other diary entries. (correct me if I'm wrong) Why does Lyla say "m

• Sure! XD He's very friendly

MasterStone posted: »

Can I pet the rabbit?

• Yeah; a lot of these are older drawings. PRETTY sure the Georgie one is old. Need to check the date again. :)

His name is Black Sabbath. XD

EMMYPESS posted: »

Ha! This was awesome! diggin' the Homer Simpson XD Very interesting concept of Lyla. Love that Georgie at the end XD Your bunny is so cute. What's his/her name?

• Ah, I gotcha! It makes sense now. ^^

If it was a Mundy, he or she would be like: "Whoa, gotta stop hitting it hard with the late night coffee." Something like that. :P

pudding_pie posted: »

Never a dull moment in the Wolf & Devil household. XD And that's the beauty of having a Fable drive the bus; they never ask questions.

• I had to. When KI saw his comment, a lightbulb went off. :)

Oh yes, please. No tears today. ;'( But yes; he actually gave the idea to include that sad part.

Oh no, please. :) I'm not going to lose my cool because you're honest with me. I've had people go both ways; half like this, other like the final version. Different strokes for different folks, I suppose. :D The hairstyle to me made Lyla look TOO young. I may use this model for one of Katie's children as they get older. Who knows. :)

Dude, this is rad! Your bunny reminded me of your prologue chapters with Georgie and Ben, I won't go any further than that, as I don't wa

• Man, you make me feel for Mary and her current situation. Hopefully she meets someone that does not always bring up her past, loves that boy like their own and treat her with respect. I have MY choice -cough- Hans -cough- but I'm like that; asshole falls for the misunderstood and together, they fix each other.

Either way, I'll love it. :)

At some point that night, Mary shifted herself and Carter from his arm chair to her queen-sized bed in the next room over. She barely slept;

• I'm sure a lot of people know about her situation; talk travels fast, especially if she's working at the Pudding & Pie. Poor thing. Hopefully everything works out.

Damn you, Hans....just take her in those massive arms, love her and tell her it will all be alright in the end. STOP being an ass! Man! :(

Can't wait to see what happens next.

Mary went to Holly's Bar. It was a long, long time ago, the last time she stepped in there. It was deafeningly quiet as she stepped in, not

• Haha, yeah. I'm still thinking about it, but you know, it wouldn't be such a bad idea for Hans and her to maybe have something. I don't know, I'll think of something :)

Man, you make me feel for Mary and her current situation. Hopefully she meets someone that does not always bring up her past, loves that boy

• That would be amazing if you did, I would give it...

An Ace Ventura thumbs up! Yeah!

Alt text

Thank you so much for understanding too. :)

I had to. When KI saw his comment, a lightbulb went off. Oh yes, please. No tears today. ;'( But yes; he actually gave the idea to inclu

• Haha, I loved the ending. I think that every lady Fable has a secret desire to be like a Mundy teenager at times. Great job, Anubis, keep it up!

Anubis85 posted: »

Hey dudes'n dudettes (because I like to sound lame), trying to organize my ideas for the story and the possible angles I'm trying organise,

• Yup. I've got some plans, although how exactly it will all go down is something I'm still wrestling with. I'll sleep on it tonight :)

I'm sure a lot of people know about her situation; talk travels fast, especially if she's working at the Pudding & Pie. Poor thing. Hope

• edited October 2014

Chapter 12

"Last chance"

Penny arrived earlier than expected with Josiah. The baby was waving his fists around, as he continued to wail in Penny's arms. Katie grabbed the diaper bag from her arms, as she handed the crying infant to her sister.

"What happened? Thought you were working later-"

"I WAS but Oliver called screaming at me. Apparently, Raven never showed up. She bailed."

"Oh my God, Penny! Why?"

Penny sighs, adjusting her bra. "I have no idea, sis. But I don't want to hear it tonight, so looks like I'm pulling a double."

"Well, you know Josiah can stay here as long as you need..."

"Yeah. I better be going."

Penny kisses the top of the baby's head. He continues to bawl, as she gets into the car.

"He's been crying like that all afternoon. Think it might be gas. If it does not stop, call me; my break will be at seven."

"He'll be fine, Penny." Katie pauses. "So, any word from his father-"

Penny turns the car on. "Katie, please. I don't want to discuss this right now."

"Well, WILL you soon. I'm worried and-"

"Stop. You're starting to sound like mom and dad."

"Well, someone has to put some sense into you."

Penny exhales deeply. "I'll be fine."

"Well, even the strongest of people have their breaking points. Just...will you please just see if he's willing to take Josiah off your hands, spend some time with him; perhaps pay a little child support. I suppose you're not wanting to stay with mom and dad forever."

"See you later, Katie..."

Penny pulls up into the Silver Slipper. The Green and Blue neon lights flicker in the distant, as she parks her car in the alley. The hum and reflect off the car, as she locks the door and walks to the back. The bouncer, Ray, stepped in front of Penny. He took her purse and checked inside.

"You're clean."

"Like I was the night before...and before that..."

"Just doin' my job, ma'am. Ever since last year when Alexis tried killing Oliver-"

Penny sighed. "Just move, Ray. I'm gonna be late."

Ray opens the door, as Penny enters. The club is loud and teeming with various Fables and mundies alike. Several of the dancers and Cocktail waitresses walk around in just their heels, bottoms and tops; several are topless, as Penny makes her way to the back. She signs in, as another dancer, Flower, hands her a note.

"What is this?"

"I don't know his name. Older, fatter guy. Said he knew you."

Johann. "Is he still here?"

Flower lights a cigarette. "Not sure. Oliver gave it me and-"

"Shit! Oliver knows?!"

"Why? What's the big-"

Before shecould finish, Oliver walks into the dressing room. By this time, half of the dancers were used to thir boss simply walking in as they changed. Several girls used to complain but after you are fired and struggling to look for work, the majority of the remaining girls learned to deal with it. It wasn't so bad; Oliver never tried anything and despite his sinister disposition, he kept to himself.

"Penny. You know about Raven, right?"

"Yes-"

"You won't be leaving until one am tonight. Hope that's okay with you, considering that little bastard-"

"It's fine, Oliver! Leave Josiah out of this."

Oliver smirks. "Well, the fatter version of Josiah is here. Its gonna cost him to see you-"

"He wants to talk Oliver and its about time-"

Oliver rubs his fingers together. "Its gonna cost him, Penelope. You KNOW the rules-"

"Fuck your rules, Oliver."

The girls in the dressing room ceased in their current spot, as Oliver stepped forward to Penny. She waited. He had that look in his eyes.

"Get out there, now..."

Penny quickly changed into her outfit, as she walked back into the cold, careless world of Adult entertainment. Whe she first worked for Oliver, it wasn't so bad. Since he started using cocaine, however, the majority of the money went to his nose. He owed some dealer ten thousand dollars and the back was threating to take away the club, if he didn't pay up. Half the money she earned went to his debt. Her parents had no idea.

"Remember, make him pay up, Penelope. I'm not in the fooking mood tonight..."

Penny continud to walk towards the back; the red lights reflected off her body, as she made her way to the curtain areas. She passed by several rooms occupied by clients; a couple of the dancers made their way down the hallway, as she passed them by. One of them had several bruises on her face. That poor girl.

She walked to room 405. Penny inhaled, as she turned the knob. There he was, nothing but smiles. Just like the first time...

"Penelope!" He stood up, flowers in hand. "Hey....how are you?"

Penny slips him a smile. "Johann. You look nice..."

Johann gives Penny a bouqet of Peach colored roses. "Here. I know these are your favorite."

"You remember..."

"Of course..."

Penny takes Johann to an empty bed. They sit on the edge. Penny plays with her hair, unsure how to begin the conversation.

"Did, uh Katie give you the money?"

"Yes. Thank you...."

Johann grabs her hand. "I want to see him, Penelope."

She sighs. "No..."

Johann seems baffled. "No. Why?"

"You want a dance? Want me to su-"

"No! I want you to talk to me!" He pulls out his wallet. "How much JUST to speak to you?"

"Just stop before Oliver-"

"You think I'm afraid of him? Tired of hiding in the dark."

"Look, I appreciate it-"

"WHY can't I see my own son!? I WANT to see him!"

"Oliver-"

Johann grabs Penny's face and forces her to look him in the eyes. They are drowning in tears.

"Is he hitting you?"

"Let go, Johann..."

"IS he hitting you?!"

"I think you should go, Johann."

"You can't keep doing this, Penelope! You need to leave this place! Come with me. I don't have much but its enough for you and Josiah. We can be a family; you can stay home and-"

"And be your typical housewife, huh? Bake pies and do laundry all day?"

"Penelope-"

She points at the door. "Go, Johann...." Penny tries to hide her tears. "Go..."

Johann manages to kiss her forehead. "I'll be back. I'm not giving ujp, Penelope. Those days are over."

Penny slams the door and sits on the bed. She has twenty minutes left. She holds the money, as she buries her face into the pillow.

Chapter 13 soon :)

If you have any questions, you know what to do. Going back and forth here with Katie and Penny. :)

• I'm starting to dislike Oliver. I'm glad you're doing both Katie and penny. I want johann and penny together! So many babies! I love this. Gives us a chance to look at her world. So different from her sister.

Chapter 12 "Last chance" Penny arrived earlier than expected with Josiah. The baby was waving his fists around, as he continued to wai

• It's so goddamn obvious Johann loves Penny :( Honestly, she deserves better than Oliver in my opinion. It's sad to see things this way right now, but I know it'll get better. Can't wait for more :)

Chapter 12 "Last chance" Penny arrived earlier than expected with Josiah. The baby was waving his fists around, as he continued to wai

• Well, I'm still playing with the idea; Penny's life was never set in stone like her other siblings. I MAY change it, like I did with Junior. And shouldn't you be in class? XD

JJwolf posted: »

I'm starting to dislike Oliver. I'm glad you're doing both Katie and penny. I want johann and penny together! So many babies! I love this. Gives us a chance to look at her world. So different from her sister.

• I'm on my phone hahaha I need a break. Well what ever you decide. I love it and feel so bad for her.

Well, I'm still playing with the idea; Penny's life was never set in stone like her other siblings. I MAY change it, like I did with Junior. And shouldn't you be in class? XD

• Like I told JJ, her story is not yet set in stone. I may change it around but who knows. :) Gotta play around with the idea.

Oh, it will get better. you know me. :D

It's so goddamn obvious Johann loves Penny Honestly, she deserves better than Oliver in my opinion. It's sad to see things this way right now, but I know it'll get better. Can't wait for more

• Sounds like me XD I always change things last minute when writing and what not. Still working all the kinks out of Mary's tale. I get ya :)

Like I told JJ, her story is not yet set in stone. I may change it around but who knows. Gotta play around with the idea. Oh, it will get better. you know me.

• edited October 2014

Viera diary entry

October 7

Mister Dark has been defeated, thanks to the bravery of Mister North. Thanks to him, the fables are free to return home... That only leaves you Draco... wherever you are..

I'm taking Marcello to a costume to party this week. He's going as The Flash.. and he looks absolutely adorable in that costume. I am sure he will have a great time. Also Marcello has made a new friend, a zephyr. I think his name is Ghost, I should ask him again. But for now we need to prepare to visit Irene and the twins. We're going go carting tomorrow evening.

I can't remember the last time I had a girls night out... maybe I round up the old gang and we hit the club or something tonight, though I have to find a baby sitter for Marcello... I think I deserve to treat myself, no harm can be done. Besides a girls gotta have fun. Especially if shes married to a dragon..

I could use a nice drink, maybe a Bloody Mary or something fruity.

Viera

Conclusion to The Fabled Avengers coming soon.

• Yeah, I hadn't planned on the ending, but I'm satisfied with it. :D :D

Haha, I loved the ending. I think that every lady Fable has a secret desire to be like a Mundy teenager at times. Great job, Anubis, keep it up!

• Yes! Yes, yes, yes that would be entertaining to watch! Gotta draw that, too! XD

I'd love to have Dragon in the car with me. Least we know he'd have a great taste in music! :)

Disco will NEVER dies with Pie! XD

LupineNoir posted: »

Work it, Jersey, baby! I wanna see those hips movin'! ahem Imagination got away with me a little, there. Given the three songs you've sha

• Here's another Scarlett one. XD I had a little too much fun with this one. I blame a certain someone for this, you know who you are.

October 7

Dear diary,....

I'M FUCKING DONE! Fuck, fuck, fuck, FUCK!

I finally got around to buying Bradwr one of those pumpkin spiced lattes, I mean we both enjoy autumn and it's pumpkin treats. So I've figured buying him one would be a decent way of saying sorry after the whole steel toed boot to the groin situation.... Hey! He tried to get me to wear some pirate stripper getup. It's freezing cold nowadays, I'm not going to freeze to death.

So, after I buy the drink I ask my father in law Jersey if he seen Bradwr. He says he thinks he's in out bedroom, I go there and open the door.

BRADWR'S WEARING NOTHING BUT THOSE DAMN FISHNET LEGGINGS ALL LAID OUT ON THE BED! SERIOUSLY?! THIS IS YOUR IDEA OF TRYING TO GET ME INTO BED?! AND YOU WONDER WHY WE HAVEN'T HAD SEX IN FOUR MONTHS! NOPE, JUST FUCKING NOPE!

Well, my Autumn is ruin now... Fuck my life.

Sincerely, Scarlett Marie.

You're just jealous cos I looked hella good in them ;D

From Bradwr

Do you want me to throw another burning hot latte in your face?

Love Scarlett

PS : WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING READING MY DIARY?!?!

XXX

XD Yeah I did this one for the laughs, Well Bradwr's trying at least XD.

• Indeed it should!

I realised a while after posting that the other video you posted was in a different thread, either the one on Watch Dogs or the one on soundtracks. It was 'Roll On Up'. Sort of a share :P

That creates a... fascinating image. It should totally be immortalized into a statue. XD I think I've shared only two via Youtube video, unless you can prove me wrong. Super glad you and the others have been enjoying my taste in music.

• It would make for an excellent picture! :P

Having Dragon in the car with us is something we can all aspire too; and that's true. XD

Loving the rhyming there ;)

Yes! Yes, yes, yes that would be entertaining to watch! Gotta draw that, too! XD I'd love to have Dragon in the car with me. Least we know he'd have a great taste in music! Disco will NEVER dies with Pie! XD

• I'm digging the Homer Simpson blanket! :D This is a great insight into Pie's creative realm, and I love you rabbit called Black Sabbath! Man, if it had some purple Ozzy Osbourne glasses. Anyway, Geogire looks super-miffed in that third picture with - I think - Lyla, Hans, and the other guy - I can't remember his name - and is he playing the kazoo in that last drawing? XD Kearny, Jimbo and Dolph look spot-on, even Jimbo doing an air-guitar in his underwear :P I'm looking forward to the comic, and I think your first drawing of Lyla looks like the younger version of the one you settled on. Like she literally grew into the character as you drew her.

Thanks for sharing! :)

Mondays with pudding_pie @JJWolf made a comment to @DragonButter that he wanted to take pics of my various drawing on either the wall, on

• Good to know what sort of a mind-set Maran is in regarding the Crooked Man, and that she has fine references such as cello strings and the USSR! :P

Anubis85 posted: »

Hey dudes'n dudettes (because I like to sound lame), trying to organize my ideas for the story and the possible angles I'm trying organise,

• Yeah, I might do mine! Though it's a real mess of colours :P

I'm SO glad you changed Lyla. That last image, the Black Sabbath is too cute and your folder of awesome-ness! it! We should do this with AL

• Ahh, Mary. It's odd how her character can go from believably sinister in The Wolf Among Us to someone who has children and is a single parent, or married, as you and Pie have done, and yet it all seems like it's the same character. I like it, though. Anyway, I worry that this whole situation with Hans is not going to start well for Mary, however it will end worse for Hans. Just my wonderings, though.

Mary went to Holly's Bar. It was a long, long time ago, the last time she stepped in there. It was deafeningly quiet as she stepped in, not

• This just seems so painful for both of them. Johann wanting to be a father and provide for Penelope; Penelope stuck with Oliver and not wanting to be tied down. Makes you reflect that although many people on this planet cross the same paths, we're all going about individual lives.

Or maybe I'm getting too deep!

• Ahh, Viera. Seems like so long ago we first met her!

MasterStone posted: »

Viera diary entry October 7 Mister Dark has been defeated, thanks to the bravery of Mister North. Thanks to him, the fables are free

• Well seeing that the plot took place in the 1980's, and Turkey used to share borders with the Soviet Union, I figured she'd know. :p :D

Good to know what sort of a mind-set Maran is in regarding the Crooked Man, and that she has fine references such as cello strings and the USSR! :P

• Would that someone be me, by perchance? ;) I mean, if it's not then I'm going to look like a complete idiot, but I was thinking back to the comment I made about the leggings a while ago. XD

Nice to see Bradwr exploring different possibilities for his and Scarlett's relationship, though I kind of feel sorry for Scarlett now. :P And pumpkin spice again! I'm going to have to find somewhere that sells this stuff.

Bloody-Mary posted: »

Here's another Scarlett one. XD I had a little too much fun with this one. I blame a certain someone for this, you know who you are. Octo

• @DragonButter I started listening to "Stayin Alive" because you gave me an indirect Ohrwurm. :D

I've been meaning to share another one of my favorite songs with you guys, especially since @JJwolf and @pudding_pie seem to be fans of the

• edited October 2014

JJ mentioned it to Dragon awhile ago and I thought' Hey, why not do it for myself.' I've had others ask me about my 'work' station and although at the moment it was messy, that's usually where the magic happens. :) My GF made me the Homer blanket, actually. She's my little craft goddess, that one. XD

And I'm glad the name of the Rabbit suits you. For the 1st week, I couldn't think of one, until I was going through some of my cd's.

And yes, Georgie IS playing the kazoo; on the 2nd episode, when you smash the dj booth he says the following: 'This is a dance club! The hell am I gonna play when the girls are on stage; Harmonica, kazoo, whistle a happy tune?' Funny if THOSE were options. We all know which one I'd pick.

Thank you. I love the simpsons (as you all can tell) XD So much, I have a tattoo of Otto, the bus driver, on my leg! :D Like I told Dragon, my OC's go through so many phases before I'm happy with the final project. :)

No problem. Glad you guys enjoyed it. :)

I'm digging the Homer Simpson blanket! This is a great insight into Pie's creative realm, and I love you rabbit called Black Sabbath! Man,

• I think it's a mixture of cinnamon,nutmeg and other spices, so why people call it pumpkin spice I'll never know. :D

Would that someone be me, by perchance? I mean, if it's not then I'm going to look like a complete idiot, but I was thinking back to the co

• Chapter 13

"When in doubt..."

Katie managed to get Josiah and the four remaining girls at home down for a nap. She brewed another pot of coffee, as she checked the cupcakes in the oven. Sitting at the table, Peter held his cup of tea. He picked at a muffin, as Katie sat beside him. She sighed deeply, indicating to Peter the troubles in her mind.

"You alright, sis? Long day?"

Katie smiles. "Eh, I've had worse. I can recall a time when Georgia and Ivy WOULD not sleep through the entire night. For the fist eight months, those girls were up at odd hours. Jersey had to take two weeks off from work because of the lack of sleep."

Peter chuckles. "Oh yeah, I remember that. He put salt in his coffee instead of creamer."

"Hm. And its not a good thing when your husband takes a nap at the register, either."

Peter sips from his cup. "Well, at least THAT'S over and done with. So, what's on your mind?"

"Whatever do you mean?"

Peter takes a huge bite from the Muffin. "WELL, you are watching Josiah-"

"So, you watch him, too?"

"Yeah, I know but you have that look on your face, MOM..."

Katie punches Peter's arm. "Knock it off, you asshole."

Peter snickers. "Well, its true. you two never knew how to mask your 'true' emotions."

Katie rolls her eyes. "Oh yes, cause you're the king at hiding emotions, right?"

"Better than you."

Just then, Hope wanders into the kitchen. She drags her stuffed Elephant, as she rubs her eyes.

"Hey, sweetie. Mommy is making Cupcakes for dessert tonight. What are you doing out of bed?"

Hope yawns. "I'm thirsty, mommy. May I please have some Milk?"

"You can have ice water, baby. Remember? Daddy is picking up more Milk."

"Oh yeah."

Katie gets up, grabs a cup and pours Hope some fresh water. The girl takes a seat beside Peter, as she quickly drinks. After finishing her glass, Hope kisses Peter on the cheek and heads to the living room. She grabs a blanket from the other couch, plops down and falls asleep.

"They have thirty more minutes. I'll let her."

"She not sleeping well?"

"She's been having trouble breathing. Last night, she stopped for almost ten seconds; Willow came in and told Jersey and I. He was up all night watching over her. Swineheart is coming by tomorrow with a machine to keep track..."

"Why, that bad?"

"Jersey can't stand 'mundy' remedies for these kinds of problems but what else can we do?"

Katie grabs her oven mits and checks on the Cupcakes. As the door opens, the kitchen is instantly hit with the sweet smell of chocolate.

"You wanna stay for dinner? Chicken Dinosaur nuggets with bread and Potato salad."

"Mm. Yeah, I'll stay for a bit. Better than left over take out again."

"Ariana won't care?"

"She's working late and to be honest, she's been buggin' me to visit family more often."

"Starting to sound like mom. You know she told me I don't visit enough with the girls? Her and dad are ALWAYS over here on the weekends!"

"Don't feel bad. She said that to Junior. Ethan HAS an excuse; the kid lives in Paris and Emily, well....is Emily."

"And Penny...." Katie pauses. "She, well, lives there now..."

"For how long?"

"Well, she's trying to get an apartment closer to mom and dad but they do not have low income ones in that area. The only ones she qualifies for are on the other side of Fabletown."

"The gehtto, trashy ones?"

Katie takes each individual cupcake out. "Dad refuses to let her live there with such a tiny infant. He said he'd rather have Penny and Josiah live with them for all eternity before he'll allow that."

Peter gets more tea. "So, what's REALLY going on with Josiah's father?"

Katie exhales deeply. "I have no fuckin' clue, Peter. She won't give me a name...a description. Nothing. Says 'don't worry about it.' Well, I do. She's running out of money, pulling doubles and its not fair."

"I can't stand her working for that creep! Oliver is a predator and only cares about the green. You know he had the audacity to blame HER for their lack of funds? Because it's SO Penelope's fault he's doing cocaine again and-"

"Shit-he's doing drugs again!?"

"Yeah. Guess dad went down there 'bout two weeks ago. He nearly went to jail because he and Oliver got into a fist fight outside the Silver Slipper. I'm surprised mom didn't tell you. Look at his knuckles next time."

"What happened?"

"Oliver was so fuckin' high off his rocker, that he hit Penny square in the jaw. All because she coughed..."

Katie could feel the sudden rush of emotion running throughout her entire body. Aggravation and torment flooded her mind, as she reached over and grabbed her coffee cup. Her fingers laced around the cups, as the apperance of cracks covered the area. Claws arranged in a line where her fingernails used to be; fine brown hair stuck through her skin.

"He HIT her, Peter!?" A low growl escaped her lips. "He HIT our sister..."

Peter reached over in time. Katie tossed the cup against the wall, as it shattered in pieces. Peter pinned Katie to the table. Abigail and Gianna walked around the corner. Both girls stopped along the doorway, as they watched their uncle struggle to hold their mother down. Gianna inched closer; she had seen her mother's tru form before.

"Mommy, what happened? Uncle Peter make you mad?"

The sound of her concerned daughter's voice allowed Katie to control her emotions. Peter's grip loosened, as Katie sat back down into her seat. Her fists remanined a tight ball, as Katie tried to catch her breathe. She HATED losing control like that, especially when the girls were home.

"No, baby....mommy...mommy is fine."

Abigail points. "Your eyes, mommy..."

Katie rubs them, just as Hannah and Hope walk into the room.

"What happened?"

Just then, the baby monitor goes off. Josiah wails, as Peter walks in his direction.

"I'll get him. Just....calm down..."

Peter runs upstairs, as Katie gathers the girls in her arms.

"Mommy is okay, Gianna. Abigail. Okay? Mommy just...stubbed her toe."

"Ouch! That would make ANYONE change, huh?"

"That's right but mommy should have controlled it. Remember what daddy and I taught you girls?"

They all nod. "Okay. Here. Watch out. Mommy needs to clean this up..."

Peter returns with a very fussy baby. "He's like, REALLY antsy today."

"His bottle is in the fridge. Give him that."

As Katie finishes the cleaning task, Jersey makes his way inside. Each of the girls takes a bag, as Katie opens the box of nuggets. When she's finished, her next step is to tackle the preperation of the Potato salad. Jersey tosses her a red onion and bottle of relish.

"I couldn't remember if you wanted sweet or not."

"This works, sweetie." Katie kisses his lips. "Thank you. Can you pour the girls a glass of Milk, please?"

Jersey grabs four little cups. Passing by Peter, he rubs Josiah's head.

"Hey, Peter. How's it goin' for you?"

"Great, great. The usual. Work and school. Ariana says hi, by the way."

"Oh, how sweet of her. Give her our love."

Peter quickly drops the subject about Penny; he knew it wasn't over, however, because Katie continued to glare at him the entire time he fed Josiah. Later, Peter was sure she'd bring it up. He was surprised no one told Katie about it.

But, then again, he could see why.

Chapter 14 soon :)

If you have ANY questions, feel free to ask me. :) To those that I promised an image to, they should be ready by this weekend. -fingers crossed- HOPEFULLY. XD

• Yeah, its a damn shame with Penny but like Katie said' you can only help those that want to be helped.' Penny refuses to admit she has either a problem or needs helps; too much like her father at times. :( I'll continue with Penny and Katie as well; go back and forth. :)

I love how Katie and Peter are getting along. A difference compared to what the used to be. I can't believe Oliver. I hate him now. He is on

• I love how Katie and Peter are getting along. A difference compared to what the used to be. I can't believe Oliver. I hate him now. He is on my shit list. Penny needs to figure things put and fast. Johann needs to ride up on his white horse and take her away. The girls are too cute like always. Loving me some Katie and jersey! :) can't wait for more. Also poor hope. :(

Chapter 13 "When in doubt..." Katie managed to get Josiah and the four remaining girls at home down for a nap. She brewed another pot

• I wanted to add that in there; their relationship is much better compared to when they were kids. :) Also, I have my idea for Penny; she is sadly too much like her father. And, like Katie said 'you can only help so much with those that do not seek help.' :(

I love how Katie and Peter are getting along. A difference compared to what the used to be. I can't believe Oliver. I hate him now. He is on

• edited October 2014

Mary had finished about 7 dances by the time the last hour of her shift came. The club was practically empty by this time, everyone leaving for the upcoming closing time.

Mary went to the bathroom, peed and tried not to cry. She might be a little psychotic, but this type of work is just not one of her favorite things to do. When she was done, she stepped behind the bar to serve the last of the drinks to the last of the bums lingering there.

"Mary?" She heard Hans say. Hans, he was a very unusual Fable. He had his bad days, which were most days, and then every now and again, when things start going for the better, you see a glimpse of his old self. His true self. Today was one of those lucky days.

"Yeah Hans?" Mary took the rag and started wiping everything down.

"There's one last guy out back, specially requested you. I know you're officially off the clock, but I'll add a few more dollars to your next pay if you go back real quick. Okay?"

She sighed,"Fine. I'll be out in fifteen the most."

"Right. Be.....careful." Hans turned away, entering his office.

What did he mean by that?

Mary went to the back rooms, passing each curtain. She wished Hans had told her which one the man was in, she found herself peaking into each room. There were a few other dancers finishing up, and each time she peaked they would yell at her to get lost. Finally, she approached the last one. She assumed her client was back there, so she didn't even lift her head to see who it was.

She turned to the wall, writing her name on the clipboard there. Hans kept note of who used which room and at what times, and she was just recording that information down for later.

"Alright, so what will it-" When Mary turned, she froze.

Charles smirked.

"Fuck you fuck you fuck you!" Mary yelled. She turned to run out, but she felt the grip of his hand hold her back.

"Fuck you-" He covered her mouth, muffling her 'Fuck You's'.

"Won;t you give me a little dance, sweatheart? It's been such a long time...."

She bit down as hard as she could.

"Yeow! That's not what I paid for, not in the least!"

"FUCK YOU!" She screamed. Her leg lifted behind her, hitting Charles right in between where his sensitive area is.

"GAH! YOu little bitch!" She heard him yell. She ran out of the room, down the long hall that led to the club's main room. She could feel the eyes of the dancers watch her through their own curtained rooms, seeing what all the noise was.

When Mary reached the room, she looked behind her. He was gone. She was sure he retreated to the mirror, and now she was safe. Maybe.

She hadn't even noticed it, but she was crying really, really hard and loud.

Hans stepped from his office. He didn't normally care for the feelings of anyone there, but when he heard Mary's sobs, he had to check on her.

"What happened? Did the guy try something? Did he break a rule?" Hans was trying to get Mary to say something. She just shook her head, grabbed her purse from the back room, and decided her safest bet was to walk home. Not five minutes after she'd left for the night did she see headlights coming her way. At first, she thought it was just another mundy vehicle making it's way home late at night in the glorious city of New York.

The car slowed and cruised to a stop.

"What do you want, Hans? Here to tell me I have to work on the pole now? Is that what you want to say?"

"What? Fuck no, Mary. I wanna give you a ride home. Didn't think you were serious that you were walking until I realized you'd left through the front door. It's damn cold out here."

"Leave me alone." She resisted.

"I'll follow you there in my car, if I have to. You know, it'd make this a lot easier if you just got in."

"No," Mary said. She held her purse against her bare stomach tightly. The cold was going to give her hypothermia.

"Mary...." Hans tested her.

"Fuck it. Fine...Just. Fuck." She opens the passenger side door, scooting her butt onto the leather interior. The whole thing screamed 80's, and she'd wondered if any of the cash Hans made was used for his personal interests. He must use all of the left over cash to fund the club itself.

The ride was smooth and slow at this time of night. No traffic to frustrate yourself with. It actually felt nice.

"So....who was that guy? And what'd he do? There ain't no way in hell he's getting back in if he's not abiding to rules."

"You don't want to know who he is. He just...." Mary squeezes her eyes shut. "We have a sort of history, to put it briefly."

"Right. So did he break any rules?"

"More than you can count in one millennium. And dozens of others that have to do with unspoken evils."

"Oh. Well, that's enough for me. If I see him, I'll do what I can to stop him from coming back."

"Yeah. Whatever." Mary folded her arms, increasingly aware that it was just her and Hans, and she was practically dressed in her underwear. She didn't like looking like this outside of the club. Especially with this newer Pimp who's just started to pick a name for himself in the community.

"Is it this building?"

"No, next one up."

"Okay." The car stopped in front of the apartment. Mary reached for the floor to get her purse, then opened the door and got out.

"See you at work tomorrow, I guess." She started to walk toward the doors.

"Wait! Mary!"

She turned. "What?"

He paused a minute. "If you uh, need any.....help. Just let me know. I don't keep my muscles for the looks."

She gave out a laugh. "Uhuh. See ya, Mr. Bossman."

He chuckled. "Have a good rest of the night."

She watched Hans's car drive off into the night, the little red tail lights blinking as he stopped at a sign and turned the corner. When she got into her apartment, the clock read 2 AM. She felt bad for having Carter stay over Harm's house, but she had not an ounce of energy to march over and get him. She passed out as soon as her body hit the couch.

I hope you liked this one :) More to come, probably one more chapter today. Any questions, don't hesitate.

Totally unrelated sidenotes: My family is cooking something SO GOOD SMELLING that my stomach might just eat itself because it's so hunger inducingly good. Not even sure what it is, but it smells AMAZING. Also, I've been reading The Walking Dead comics the past week or so. I think I'm on issue 70, AND IT'S THE BEST INVESTMENT I'VE EVER MADE.

SEriosly. I think it's better than the game and the show, although both of them are also perfect <3 I'M SO PISSED THAT SO MUCH SHIT HAS GONE TO SHIT AND SO MANY PEOPLE I LOVED HAVE DIED.

LIKE FUCK.

Anyway, that's all for now <3

Sign in to comment in this discussion.