Start a Story, be your own Fable. (Create a Fable Thread)

Comments

• Yep, I'm a fan of classic mythology, too! I'm eager to see how the fight with Cerberus will go; and I wonder if the Hunter will ever cross paths with the other group of hunters.

Here's Chapter 4 guys. Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I'll try to get the next part up soon Chapter 4 I slammed the door shut and

• I always think of him as another Scarface. :) At least you're going making him go the 'unique' route in terms of wardrobe changes? Yeah, that sounds about right. :P

pudding_pie posted: »

Yeah. It was in one of her music videos; a lot of people associate her with that silly thing. Gren comes off as one of those guys. ALWAYS looking for either a laugh or reaction in these sort of, um, situations.

• I loved how you went back to the girls in the forest and their current situation back at home. What I'm wondering is HOW the hell those girls managed to carry THAT big ass man around? Power of love can do some funny things; also, I DO believe you mention one of the girls with the power of illusion; willing to turn objects into things you THINK are there. I think it was Ivy...I gotta go back to my notes. XD

The bit about the Folkers and Vampires; this is always very interseting to me because you dig deep into a group that saw themselves as seperate than the Fables; thye had wars, rules and silliness founded on BS that made no sense. I like how you included the Vampire bit in there about their apperance, even if dead.

I adore Malcom. Enough there. Glad you switched his views around as well. Ah. I DO believe I know this 'mystery' woman but to avoid spoilers, I'll ask you via text message, if that is alright with you. :)

Also, now that you mention all this BS and even in the title, I THINK I know the Fable you are using for Oliver. You mentioned it WAAAAAY back in the Porgie Clan chapters, the one with Penny but I could be wrong; I was about Ariana's Fable! XD Can't wait to see!

And that ending. Ugh! That purple goo sounds horrible to Fables who are injured! I can't wait for more! This is getting very intense and all the pieces are coming together. Like always, can't wait for more!!!!! :D

Chapter 22 'Porgie and a Viper' "Kindness to the Evil will be met by Betrayel..." Malcom stood up, stretched his lower back and h

• Fuck yeah! Georgie giving that guy a real lesson!

Man, this chapter was a rollercoaster of emotions. First, I thought of a slightly amusing joke I was going to share, but that went when Johann proposed to Penny and she said no. That had me a little choked up. Finally, it ends with a fight that's been long in the making.

I'd say I need a sit down, if I weren't already sitting down.

Chapter 21 'Understand' Johann carried the sleeping boy around the apartment. The floors creaked, as he sat on the couch. The window w

• You and your mind games, Porgie! XD Okay...I'll wait....lol

Maybe but I won't say nothing. And colin...he is something. She and Bigby have that tension but for reasons only they know of.

• edited October 2014

I HOPE EVERYONE PEES THEMSELF

Made me smile. :)

At least things got resolved in the end for her. Good on you, Ash!

EMMYPESS posted: »

October 13th Dear Diary, You don't even understand how ANGRY I am. We had no school today because of Columbus Day. I watched as Mom en

• Same lol, but we had the Blair witch. She was local around here.

Gah! The hook guy! XD This story scared the shit out of me as a kid. lol I love that you're incorporating him in the story. Can't wait to see where this goes.

• Whatever that purple stuff is, it sounds strong.

It's sad that Alice should not only blame Hope for what's happened to Jersey, but also want to ostracize her. Do the other sisters feel the same way, or do they agree more with Bella.

And this whole disappearing and turning up decomposed thing has me very intrigued.

Chapter 22 'Porgie and a Viper' "Kindness to the Evil will be met by Betrayel..." Malcom stood up, stretched his lower back and h

• edited October 2014

I was just flicking through deviantArt when I came across this.

Alt text

Really makes me think of a The Wolf Among Us and The Walking Dead crossover!

Edit: Sorry if this is a scarring sight, Emmy! Thought I should say that.

• edited October 2014

Double post!

• We can't see it. ;) Make sure you have the proper image address when you paste it in the bar.

LupineNoir posted: »

I was just flicking through deviantArt when I came across this. Really makes me think of a The Wolf Among Us and The Walking Dead crossover! Edit: Sorry if this is a scarring sight, Emmy! Thought I should say that.

• edited October 2014

I have done, that's why I've ended up with a double post and have edited it a couple of times :/ I'll find a way, though!

Edit: I stand - well, I'm sitting actually - corrected! I wasn't getting the URL before, just the page link :P Thanks, Dragon ;)

We can't see it. Make sure you have the proper image address when you paste it in the bar.

• edited October 2014

Man, oh man, these chapters just keep on coming. You guys are killing me. :D For now, here's another song to keep all of you pumped up. It's an 80's vibe now!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_QLzthSkfM

(I plan on posting the second October challenge sometime this week. So be on the lookout for that.)

• Remember to right click on the picture and click on properties to find the image url that way, if you forgot.

No prob nevertheless. :)

I have done, that's why I've ended up with a double post and have edited it a couple of times I'll find a way, though! Edit: I stand - well, I'm sitting actually - corrected! I wasn't getting the URL before, just the page link :P Thanks, Dragon

• edited October 2014

I think Emmy's going to be scarred for life when she sees this. :O

I was just flicking through deviantArt when I came across this. Really makes me think of a The Wolf Among Us and The Walking Dead crossover! Edit: Sorry if this is a scarring sight, Emmy! Thought I should say that.

• I'm sure it's just as fine as your other picks, Dragon, however the video apparently isn't available in my country!

Man, oh man, these chapters just keep on coming. You guys are killing me. For now, here's another song to keep all of you pumped up. It's a

• I hope not D:

I think Emmy's going to be scarred for life when she sees this. :O

• I'd like to think of it as flesh in a jar; very powerful stuff. Burns like hell.

The sisters have their views on Hope, seeing that she is the only one who is mundy; like all siblings, you have your feuds and what not. The only one, who seems to show loathe to Hope is Alice; Bella is the oldest girl and feels its her duty to protect her sisters, as you saw here.

I had an idea with it and so far, it's all coming together!! :D Glad to know it has you intrigued.

Whatever that purple stuff is, it sounds strong. It's sad that Alice should not only blame Hope for what's happened to Jersey, but also w

• I agree with Dragon. Em is gonna take one look and be all 'Weeeell, that's enough internet for one day.'

I do love this image, thou! Who ever did the design, costume, etc did a fantastic job!

• Really? That's a bummer, I need to find another alternative video of the music video then.

I'm sure it's just as fine as your other picks, Dragon, however the video apparently isn't available in my country!

• First off, love this song! XD Got me pumped indeed.

Second, there will be a 2nd challenge for October? Bring it! XD

Man, oh man, these chapters just keep on coming. You guys are killing me. For now, here's another song to keep all of you pumped up. It's a

• I'd certainly give it a listen!

Really? That's a bummer, I need to find another alternative video of the music video then.

• Hopefully she won't see it till she's posted her next chapter, then!

It is ghoulishly impressive - I guess I had Halloween in mind when I saw it.

I agree with Dragon. Em is gonna take one look and be all 'Weeeell, that's enough internet for one day.' I do love this image, thou! Who ever did the design, costume, etc did a fantastic job!

• Hell yeah! Another fist-bump for you, Mister Porge.

I plan onto. XD

First off, love this song! XD Got me pumped indeed. Second, there will be a 2nd challenge for October? Bring it! XD

• I was gonna wait but darn it. Seeing all these terrifying images, decorations and candy galore, had to add the BloodyPorgie kids in their costumes. Next week I'll post Junior and Bloody Mary with their newest editions. :3. XD Poor George...never catches a break. See if you can guess their costumes. ;)

Alt text

• I posted yet another alternate music video. If you still can't view it because of your country restriction, then idk what to tell you except click on random videos of the song until you hear it. :P

I'd certainly give it a listen!

• edited October 2014

Alt text

Heh, easy like butter.

Luke Skywalker, Chucky, Jason, and Freddy. Now, give me a brownie. >:)

I was gonna wait but darn it. Seeing all these terrifying images, decorations and candy galore, had to add the BloodyPorgie kids in their co

• -Tosses a virtual brownie- Careful! They are hot! XD

You got em. My GF saw Aubrey (Chucky) and was all 'Awww. Cabbage patch kids!) 0.o Ummmm...XD

Heh, easy like butter. Luke Skywalker, Chucky, Jason, and Freddy. Now, give me a brownie.

• edited October 2014

I wonder what version of the Cabbage Patch kids she was watching. 0_o

EDIT: Don't worry, I'm always careful with my fo- OW, FUCK, MY TONGUE.

-Tosses a virtual brownie- Careful! They are hot! XD You got em. My GF saw Aubrey (Chucky) and was all 'Awww. Cabbage patch kids!) 0.o Ummmm...XD

• It works now! And it was worth the hassle! Not least because a. It reminds me of The Simpsons and Homer singing it - which is the first place I ever heard it -, and b. their hats reminds me of air hockey pucks! XD

I posted yet another alternate music video. If you still can't view it because of your country restriction, then idk what to tell you except click on random videos of the song until you hear it. :P

• I figured them all but Chucky :P I'm impressed by their costumes, not least who did Luke Skywalker's: that belt and fancy bit dangling down is some nice fabric work.

I was gonna wait but darn it. Seeing all these terrifying images, decorations and candy galore, had to add the BloodyPorgie kids in their co

• Lol, this one.

• Now WHY did I expect anything BUT from the Porgie kids? XD I love how poor George is like "oh...we had a theme?" And the girls are looking at home like 'what....'

I loved this one; fav so far but that can change with Mary and Junior.

Those costumes, though! Sheila, girl...high five for picking Freddy! :)

• Jesus Christ that was NOT what I meant when I said I wanted to be Snow White for Halloween!

XD Jk, definitely gruesome though. I like it!

• Whew, thank god I'm not the only one ;) I definitely think Bigby was the perfect choice, although I don't even know what your other suggestions were so who knows, lol.

Hell, I'd want a little action with Mr. Wolf....

Oh, did I say that out loud?

sHit.

I love it. Best thing I've ever done in regards to my future career. I was trying to think of things Colin would say in a situation like

• edited October 2014

Lol, imagining Georgie trying to roast a turkey is just perfect XD

Awww... Katie's Nana (Her name was Nancy, no?) is seeing new people :( I keep forgetting John is gone. I don't remember reading a chapter where he'd died (Although most likely I did) But I know you've stated numerous times that he had passed away in a bunch of your chapters.

Malcom's description.....Hmm. WHO do we know with at least a few of those features?(Looking back at your little drawing of the Leeds clan)>.>

<.<

<.>

NOT SAYING ANYTHING SHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

I like the way you described Oliver and his 'White Stallion'. That's was a really good...metaphor? Idk, I'm a little rusty with my literary terms :L

Then when Katie was trying to put the pieces together about Penny and Oliver and the mysterious deaths AND THEN THE GIRLS CAME HOME WITH JERSEY LIKE OMG MY HEART SANK SO HARD.

Aw man....that scene with the girls..... Your killin' me with the feels, Pie! D:

You've got me suspended in like mid air or some shit. Like, this is intense......I need more! Great chapter, it really was awesome!

• Hehe, I see my starwar suggestion went through XD

The girls are adorable, especially the one dressed up as chucky (Um.....Aubrey?)

Sheila is so unimpressed XD

• Holy shit where is this kid from because it's an adorable freakin' kid!

And good job XD I saw you answer it already so I didn't name them all.

Heh, easy like butter. Luke Skywalker, Chucky, Jason, and Freddy. Now, give me a brownie.

• edited October 2014

Mary's body collapsed onto the wood flooring of Hazel's apartment. She was both physically and mentally exhausted, and the lack of day light outside suggested that it was well into the middle of the night.

She had no idea how much time might have gone by.

Her body lay stiff on the ground as all she did was focus on her breathing. Parts of her body began to ache and she groaned standing up.

The light in the room she was in turned on.

"AHH!" Hazel screamed when she saw Mary on her floor.

Mary looked up, her eyes squinting in the light. "Uh...hi."

Hazel's arms began to shake,"M....Mary? You're alive? You're ALIVE?!" The woman ran across the floor and practically tackled Mary. This took Mary by surprise as she felt her friend's arms wrap around her shoulders.

"It's been so long! Mary, we all thought you-"

"Wait-" Mary pushed Hazel off of her. "-What do you mean? How- How long has it been?"

"What do you mean?"

"You're.....really, really pregnant." Mary said. Her finger poked Hazel's stomach, noticing how far out it protruded.

"Mary, you really don't know how long it's been?"

Mary shakes her head. "It didn't feel like I was in there a long time...."

"It's late spring, Mary. I'm due in another month."

Mary's heart sunk. How long was her son here with out her? How long did he have to live without knowing if she were dead or alive?

"Where's Carter?"

Hazel stood, her massive belly swaying as she inched closer to her bedroom door.

"When I found him in my apartment on Christmas Eve, he was frantic. Wouldn't let go of me because he was so scared. After a while, even when people offered to take him off my hands, he wouldn't go with any of them. I think he believed that one day you were going to come through the same mirror he went through. He's been sleeping in my bed for months. I can't even get him to sleep in a different bed as me."

"I'm....I'm so sorry. I-...." Mary felt her eyes go wet with tears. It was at this moment, now that all the danger was gone, that she truly realized they were safe now.

Mary entered the room past Hazel, climbing onto the ruffled bed sheets. Her hands searched for her little boy, and when she felt his shoulder, she smiled.

He woke up. "Aunt Hazel? Is that you?"

Mary laughed,"No buddy, it's Mommy."

The boy jolted up to see. He reached for his mother's face, his tiny fingers touching her cheek. "It's really you Mommy?"

Mary nodded in her son's grip. The boy wrapped his arms around her swiftly, squeezing hard. "I missed you so much Mommy. I knew you would come back. I knew you weren't dead. I could see you in the mirror!"

Mary's heart dropped again. He could see her?

Did he see what she'd done? Did he see her memories, like a TV show on a screen? Her arms squeezed around him harder.

"Oh Mommy, you're squishing me!" He said, laughing.

"I know, I know. I just miss you so much is all," She said.

Hazel stood at the doorway, her own tears wiped away with the edge of her nightshirt. Her alarm clock read 4:27 AM, and it was becoming real apparent that no one was going back to sleep any time soon. She went into her little kitchenette, starting up a cup of coffee and then writing down a list of people to call in the later hours of the day.

Despite Carter's protests, Mary passed out right there on the bed. He jumped and played and talked, but none of it stopped her from eventually closing her eyes and sleeping. Carter climbed off the bed at that point, his attention to the window as the sun began to rise. His little feet took him to the living area, where Aunt Hazel drank coffee and watched the morning news at 6 blare through the tiny speakers on the television.

Carter moved his stool, placing it in front of the kitchen sink. He climbed, grabbing his red plastic cup off the counter and filling it with cold water. He sipped it, his little mind racing with all the things he could do now that his mother was home.

"Aunt Hazel, do you think Mommy will take me and my cousins to the park? Do you think she'll take me on an Easter Egg hunt this weekend?"

Hazel giggled, her hand stroking her massive belly. "I don't know baby. I think she'll be a little busy informing all of Fabletown that she is alive."

"I already knew she was alive," Carter says. He pulls his plastic bin of toys from the closet and begins fishing through it for a few of his action figures.

"Is that so? How?" Hazel said, assuming the boy was making it up as children tend to do.

"I saw her in the mirror. Sometimes she was sleeping and she slept for a really long time. I knew she was sleeping because I could see her dreams. Some of them were scary, and others were happy. I liked the one where she was playing with a bunch of girls and boys in this grassy place near a castle. That one was a nice one and she had that dream a lot."

Hazel was taken aback by how detailed the boy's tale was. Part of her thought he was still making it up, but the further he elaborated, the more it seemed like the truth.

"In the nice dream, I could tell it was her brothers and sisters. They all looked a little different than each other, but they still loved each other. Mommy was the biggest kid out of all of them. And in the other not so nice dreams, she was hurt by her Daddy." Carter demonstrated to his aunt by crashing one doll violently against the other.

"He hit her tons of times. I wanted him to go away forever. And then I was happy."

"Why....uhm...were you happy?" Hazel asked. Her mug of coffee was nearly empty.

"Mommy made him go away forever." He said. His attention was distracted as soon as the news changed to a mindless children's television show. He cheered, his eyes now glued to the screen. Hazel got up, walking toward the kitchen for another cup of coffee. Today was going to be a long day.

<3 Any questions, go ahead and ask :) I hope you liked this chapter.

• Oh Georgie XD You don't have to be cheerful if you don't want to XD Mainly for the sake of my entertainment, mind you!

Holy shit that part where he found Juniors Mary photo XDDD Every time you leave these little easter eggs I go nuts XD

Aw, Katie XD So adorable, just yell at them to come down. Peter and his wolfy Bigby powers man....

Oh Emily. Children and their tantrums XD

Jersey, of all the things you can make? lol

<3 Another really good entry.

October No. Not saying it. You can't pay me to say it! What is that? Fish and Chips? Oh and a bottle Malt Vinegar with extra sauce? Fine.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.