Start a Story, be your own Fable. (Create a Fable Thread)

Comments

• Lol it did sink in when you mentioned it! :) thank you.

And yes. Aubrey IS Chucky. XD

EMMYPESS posted: »

Hehe, I see my starwar suggestion went through XD The girls are adorable, especially the one dressed up as chucky (Um.....Aubrey?) Sheila is so unimpressed XD

• edited October 2014

I never did go into the passing of John; figure old age, since he has been around for over half a century. Any more detail and I'd be glad to answer. :) Her name was Nancy. :)

With Malcom, it was up in the air but everyone is picking up on his future mate. No, I won't say a word. Lol I THINK its metaphor but what the BEEP do I know these days? XD

You guys know me and those darn feels; I'm trying to fill in some unanswered questions some of you may still have about the Porgie clan and those involved.

Lol, imagining Georgie trying to roast a turkey is just perfect XD Awww... Katie's Nana (Her name was Nancy, no?) is seeing new people I

• That took me by surprise, knowing she was gone that long.

Twists! Love them

And sweet Carter. Always knew mommy was alive. Glade to see Hazel up and about, too. :)

I'm hoping that is the end of Charles but...hat would be too easy. Cant wait to see what happens with Mary and Hazel.

Mary's body collapsed onto the wood flooring of Hazel's apartment. She was both physically and mentally exhausted, and the lack of day light

• LMAO! That made my night! Hell, I'd want a little action with Mr. Wolf.... XD

To be honest, the choices were Gren, Crane (ew) Jersey, believe it or not, Bluebeard for awhile; several other Fable tales I was going to introduce but Bigby was the perfect canidate. :)

Whew, thank god I'm not the only one I definitely think Bigby was the perfect choice, although I don't even know what your other suggestion

• He is something else, that guy. :)

Yes, Mary does make her apperances; she does not just pop out and say 'hey, here I am' but she can see Junior from the mirror; practically watched him grow up and at a VERY young age, she made sure to mark this kid. Lyla and Georgie always think they are 'losing' it; the singing, pictures, the mysterious noises...

Peter has Bigby's tradmark Wolf abilitites but he'd rather keep them to himself; last time he used them, he knocked down the tree house. And Emily...she is something else.

And Jersey...'nuff said. XD

Oh Georgie XD You don't have to be cheerful if you don't want to XD Mainly for the sake of my entertainment, mind you! Holy shit that par

• Hehe.

I just finished reading the latest issue of FABLES.

FUCK.

No, it's not as bad as last time. BUT FUCK.

I'VE LEARNED SO MUCH, YET I STILL FEEL LEFT IN THE DARK.

WILLINGHAM, YOU FUCKING GENIUS! WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO ME?

FUCKING

FUCK

HOLY FLYING FUCK OF FUCKS

Sorry.

I had to express my feelings where people would actually care.

• edited October 2014

I have no clue, however, he looks like a young Mr. Chow (Ken Jeong) from The Hangover series. That's probably the best I could come up with. XD

Thank you, I try! I should get an award. :P

Holy shit where is this kid from because it's an adorable freakin' kid! And good job XD I saw you answer it already so I didn't name them all.

• Don't worry, you're always welcome to express your feelings on here, even if most of us have no idea about what events you're specifically talking about. -_^

Hehe. I just finished reading the latest issue of FABLES. FUCK. No, it's not as bad as last time. BUT FUCK. I'VE LEARNED SO MUCH

• Without a doubt you'd win a costume competition if you turned up like that, but I agree that you might not actually want to turn up like that. :P

Jesus Christ that was NOT what I meant when I said I wanted to be Snow White for Halloween! XD Jk, definitely gruesome though. I like it!

• That whole time-difference thing in these stories must be real confusing for the characters, but makes for exciting reading!

Still, there's the matter of Hazel's baby, and I'm left wondering what Carter is going to be like in the long run. By which I don't mean to say I think he's going to become bad or anything, I'm just wondering, you know?

Mary's body collapsed onto the wood flooring of Hazel's apartment. She was both physically and mentally exhausted, and the lack of day light

• I really like how you made Adam be temporary partners with Medusa now. I'm sure they'll make a great team! Unless even more problems start to come their way - don't want to jinx it, though.

Here's Chapter 4 guys. Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I'll try to get the next part up soon Chapter 4 I slammed the door shut and

• Like Dragon, I have no idea what your specifically referring to, but it does make me super-excited about reading the up-to-date comics! And what with you being a Fables expert and you typing the post like Willingham has written the issue almost solely for you, it makes the latest comics somehow seem like a battle of wits between you and him, and who can figure out the actual ending. ^_^ Sorry if that comes across as odd, it isn't meant to!

Hehe. I just finished reading the latest issue of FABLES. FUCK. No, it's not as bad as last time. BUT FUCK. I'VE LEARNED SO MUCH

• Was it the Fables: Camelot one? I'd ask my GF but she is asleep...and she has those comic books somewhere in this bloody room. I have not gotten around to it YET (I will....promise XD) but I know she had her moments of tears, confusion and was suprised in a couple of spots. It must be good if you have to rant and she rants; I told her no spoilers. lol I heard from others that these last few are pretty damn good so, if no homewok this weekend, I KNOW what I'm doing. :)

And by all means, rant; sometimes I do that! XD

• Part 3

'Carry you away'

The quads curled up on the wooden floor, blankets covering thei sleeping bodies and pillows to rest their heads. Katie used Colin as he pillow, as the Pig snored into the night. Lyla kissed each of them goodnight, turned the television off and headed back to the kitchen. She looked put the window and was instantly blinded by the pink neon lights.

"Shit, how does he do this...."

Lyla reached around, looking for a cord to close the blinds but she discovered Bigby did not have blinds over his windows.

"Of course not." She sighed, allowing the color to wave over the kitchen floor. "Well, least its not disturbing the kids..."

"Talking to yourself, Lyla? That's usually a sign you've gone mad-"

"I'll have you know that I'm not-" Lyla turns around to scream at Bigby. Instead, she finds him standing in the doorway, shirtless and semi dry from the shower. Bigby's hair is still a wet mess, as his massive arms are folded against his chest. "Umm..."

"You alright, Lyla?"

"Yeah, yeah...I just, lost track of, ummm-anyways, the brats are asleep, so-"

"Hehe, yeah, looks like Colin has some company tonight."

"He's good with kids..."

"Pretty good for a common house pet."

Lyla punches Bigby. "Stop. He's a wonderful, um, Pig. You are lucky to have such a loyal friend as he is."

"Yeah. He's loyal, alright. Enough to constantly leave the Farm and head in this direction. I STILL have no idea how he gets in here..."

Lyla laughs, as she heads to the shower. "Mystery, I suppose."

Lyla disappeared into the shower, as Bigby took a seat in bed. He could not remember the last time he was in this thing; usually Colin vacated the thing, while he 'slept' in his chair out there. Instead, a Porgie kid was using it as their bed tonight. Bigby chuckled to himself; he never thought in the years he's been walking around Fabletown, he and Georgie Porgie would have an 'understanding' enough to respect one another.

Bigby twiddled his thumbs; he honestly didn't MEAN to do that back in the Crooked Man's Lair. In his mind, however, what choice did he have; all of them were determined to end his life right then and there. Bigby desperatly wanted to end Georgie at the club; watch him tear Georgie apart and leave his body for the Crows. But something held that urge back; even before after Bigby knew the reason why, something just told him no. After the trial for the Crooked Man, Bigby was going to deal with Georgie alone but his pal John had a different idea.

The reason was currently in the shower. Bigby leaned into the mattress and sheets. He closed his eyes.

"Tired big guy?"

Bigby looked over and saw Lyla walking to her side. She sat down, her smell invading his nose. To Bigby, Lyla always had the smell of Strawberries. She continued drying her hair.

"Kinda. Been a long day."

Lyla touched his chest. "I wanted to thank you again."

"Can I ask you a question?"

Lyla had an idea. "What, Sheriff?"

"Does Georgie KNOW you are here?"

"Yes. That is one thing I'd never do to him-lie. He's had enough of that in his life..."

"We ALL have, Lyla."

"Which is why there is no need to start tonight. He knows; not very happy but I explained why. Did he really want to deal with John tonight?"

Bigby chuckled. "So my way of thinking still has some potential."

Lyla tossed the wet towel to the side; she'd pick it up in the morning. After the kids had breakfast, they would return to their part of Fabletown. Bigby leaned ove, his head resting in his right palm.

"Lyla, serious question. What would have happened if your father HAD succeeded in keeping you and Georgie apart?"

Lyla played with her hair. "Well, I would have been married to a Council member, have his children and be what my mother was; stay-at-home mother with all these cubs running around, my husband an Alpha or second in charge and a white picket fence lined in a perfect row."

"Sarcasm?"

"I'd be happy because that's what you're supposed to be. But the truth, I'd be miserable and know something is missing. Georgie marked me; these things never go away, unless its not set in stone. Our marks were."

Lyla showed Bigby her mark located on the wrist. "I...I never noticed that before."

"We both have one. Georgie would eventually die by his own hand; the Witches showed me because I was curious one day. The wonders and visions they can show you...."

Bigby leaned closer. "What does he-"

"He could no longer take it, being alone like that. He shuts the club down, takes a loaded pistol to his room and-" Lyla pauses to look away. Bigby grabds her hands, his massive fingers laced around her own. "Hans finds him, a single bullet through the head and a note still clutched in his hands. It simply said 'Love her even in death.' That......"

"Lyla-"

"I love him, Bigby. I can honestly say I love Georgie Porgie. What he's done in the past, wether it was here or the Homelands, I can't use that against him NOW as my husband and father to those babies out there. He loves them...loves me. We can't judge each other, Bigby. Is that not the reason we all came to this place?"

"I know you do, Lyla. And I never meant to say those things earlier. He surprised all of us and not just me..."

"I could honestly not care what they all think out there. In the end, its how my children act towards their father. THOSE are the only opinions that matter in the end."

Bigby reaches over and touches Lyla's face. "And you know what, that's all that should count, then."

The smell of Strawberries captured Bigby's attention again. He winced, as he tried shaking the urge from within. Lyla noticed his odd behavior.

"Bigby-"

"You're stunning right now..."

Lyla was shocked. "I'm stunning? Bigby-"

"You're smell tonight. For some reason. It's powerful and I'm trying really hard not to-"

Bigby rolled over and covered his face; he growled into the pillow in hopes it would drows out her smell. She touched him, however and it only fueled the urge even more. Like gasoline to fire, it only continued to grow.

"Bigby, look at me-"

He turned and clasped his gigantic palms against her face. He stared deep into her eyes; both Wolves had transformed colored pupils, as Lyla stroked Bigby's chest. His smell was intoxicating and rather potent; Lyla leaned in close, their noses touching. Bigby's breathing was deep, as Lyla leaned closer.

"Bigby Wolf-"

"Stay with me tonight, Lyla...just you and me."

Their lips touched. "Geogie-"

"This has nothing to do with love, Lyla. I care, you care-just two people. Enough said. Georgie does not need to know..."

Lyla and Bigby kissed, the adrenaline coarsing through their veins. Bigby wrapped his arms around Lyla's body, as he pinned her into the sheets. Bigby kissed her neck, as their hands clamped together. Lyla leaned into the mattress, her eyes never leaving Bigby's sight, as the Big Bad Wolf slowly changed.

"Are you afraid?" His Wolf eyes watching Lyla.

"No-"

Lyla knew this was wrong but the gentleness of Bigby, a side she had never seen before, caused all worries to evaporate into the air.

Little did the both know, what would lie ahead. For all of them.

Part 4 soon :)

Any questions or concerns, let me know. :) Kinda short but I didn't want to DRAG on; I had to take out some parts cause, ummm...not very appropriate....^^; SOOOOO, this one will be short until next time. You, uh, pretty much get the hint....XD

• October

Dear Diary:

Maracas, Georgie. They are called Maracas. The Macarena IS a dance. He is too much that one sometimes. I can see he was in here last night. I don't mind; nothing bad in here anyways. THAT one is put up.

Anyways, what a wonderful day it is in Fabletown; the air is nice and cool and we have clouds, diary. Lots and lots of clouds. The kids have their fingers crossed for Snow. Georgie was mumbling earlier in the kitchen; said it better not happen for a LONG time because he still needs to go into the shed and find the Shovel. Later on, I'll send the boys out with Georgie and help him search for it. I know we have a couple in there somewhere.

My mother is coming by later; Carla and Gina are going to make their visit, too. The kids are dying to play with their cousins. Mini and Hans Junior are feeling better from the flu. They both had a nasty virus. Speaking of virus, poor Ethan and his poxs. They are finally disappearing but he gets itchy from time to time. Georgie had him take a Oatmeal bath this morning; we caught him eating the stuff. That kid....Carla and Gina want to bake all afternoon and just hang out. My other sister Mary is working, like always. REALLY wish she didn't work this much. My kids would love to see their Aunt Mary, too.

Speaking OF Mary, Georgie took down the mirrors in both the club AND the house; he claimed they were clutter and we could use the extra space. This always reminds me of that legend, you know, the one with 'Bloody Mary?' My sisters and I TRIED when we were kids but even we knew the consequences of bringing that woman out of the darkness and into your world. No thanks. Now that I think about it, that picture I found in Junior's room kinda looked like...Oh, did I mention this scar he has on his neck, too? He has no idea how it happened. My poor baby....the thing is getting darker....

Mayor Cole also stopped by early this morning. On Halloween, he is throwing a party for the entire town; he wishes to see the Porgie family attend. He assured me there would be candy for the kids and wine for the adults; Johann the Butcher would provide the meat, there would be music and dancing and a Haunted house for the children. I mentioned it to Georgie and the kids. Will bring it up with my sisters, too. Sounds like fun; wouldn't mind getting out there and being social with the town. Sure the town wouldn't mind seeing Georgie, either; they treat him like an exotic animal in a habitat sometimes.

Well, better get a move on. The doorbell rang and I believe my sisters and mother are here; the kids are pratically jumping at the door.

Until next time. <3 Lyla Porgie

• Oh man. Oh man...OH MAN!!! XD PETER! Dun, dun, dun!!!

Man, no hesitation, either! XD Colin with the kids. <3 Curious HOW Georgie will react to this now...

Love it like always!

pudding_pie posted: »

Part 3 'Carry you away' The quads curled up on the wooden floor, blankets covering thei sleeping bodies and pillows to rest their head

• Bet there was a full moon that night, in more ways than one!

That's the best euphemism I can think of at the moment, and I'm not totally certain it makes sense. Anyway, I can't help but think that Georgie might be a bit heartbroken for a while when he finds out about this. :/

Part 3 'Carry you away' The quads curled up on the wooden floor, blankets covering thei sleeping bodies and pillows to rest their head

• Georgie does seem very sensitive about the weather at times. xD

October Dear Diary: Maracas, Georgie. They are called Maracas. The Macarena IS a dance. He is too much that one sometimes. I can see h

• Welp, I don't want to spoil much, although not much really happened that would have sent me on an emotional rampage. It's just- Rose Red, and Snow White and so much happened yet didn't DO YOU UNDERSTAND?

I don't understand, yet I do. It's too confusing.

Don't worry, you're always welcome to express your feelings on here, even if most of us have no idea about what events you're specifically talking about. -_^

• No, you haven't come off as odd. It's basically the truth XD Willingham stated in an interview not too long ago about his opinions about ending the comic and what not, and it was about ten issues before this final story arc, and he was saying how he has it all planned out already, and might change a tiny bit of details, and he also said that he wasn't going to end it with every one dying, although a significant portion will be gone by the end of it. So basically he's going to rip everyone's hearts out but still leave a few characters that everyone loves in so we're not completely dead by the end of it. It's definitely suspenseful in every single issue, not knowing whether this might be the last time you see characters as they march off to fight whatever they're dealing with currently. Very nerve-racking.

LupineNoir posted: »

Like Dragon, I have no idea what your specifically referring to, but it does make me super-excited about reading the up-to-date comics! And

• Lol, yeah. This issue wasn't as tragic as it was suspenseful. It's just the thought that most of these characters will probably die by the end of it all makes you think "Oh, I hope this isn't the last time I'll see them," So you're just on the edge of your seat reading them and rereading lines because you're practically skipping words at the rate you're reading them at and can't understand what you just read XD Definitely intense, I'll say that. And I thought I might have been disappointed this last arc, but so far Willingham has been nailing the feels really hard through the fricken paper shredder because I think all that's left of my heart at this point is a few measly arteries.

Was it the Fables: Camelot one? I'd ask my GF but she is asleep...and she has those comic books somewhere in this bloody room. I have not go

• edited October 2014

On the one hand it's very reassuring that he has it all planned out, so everything ties up nicely. On the other hand, 'a significant portion will be gone by the end of it' sounds heart-breaking! I'm pleased there will be some characters we love left at the end, and I see why you need to vent your feelings on it! I'm nervous just thinking about it.

No, you haven't come off as odd. It's basically the truth XD Willingham stated in an interview not too long ago about his opinions about end

• Urban Legend vs Fable: Conclusion

The Hook man began to approach Redd and Robby, preparing to kill them. As a ghost, he proved to be hard to kill and the wrong mistake could cost you your life.

Redd in his ghostly dog form protect Robby from the hook as Robby come up with a way to stop the Hook man using the tiny shard the was broken off the Hook man's hook.

"Come on doggy, show my some tricks." The Hook as he taunts Redd.

The ghostly dog tries to tackle him, but ghost right through him, and he then summons 2 shadow dog minions to subdue the Hook, but they are easily defeated in a single blow.

"This isn't the British Isle dog, you won't be scaring anyone with those... Here let me show you how it's done."

The Hook makes several clones of himself and surrounds Redd, one by one they slice Redd continually until he destroys the one by one. As he destroys most of them, one of them sucker puncher him the the Jaw knocking of guard. The Hook then violently impales Redd in the torso following a large amount of blood coming out of the wound.

"That was too easy, you Fables are so weak compared to us Urban's.. Now, One down 1 to go.." The Hook as he turns around to Rooby, who is not there?

The Hook eagerly looks around for Robby but he doesn't see him until the up to the last moment he smells the burning of some kind of metal and begins to panic.

"The smell, that metal... it's.... it's from my hook.!!!"

"Right, and thanks to you, I was able to defeat you. Your carelessness cost you this fight Hook." Robby as he burns the shard of the Hook mans hook.

"YOU LITTLE BASTARD, DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE DONE?!

"Two things, turned you human and removed you supernatural abilities and now I'm about to kick your ass."

The Hook man began to solidify and was no longer a ghostly being, he was now human. With that, Robby can have have a fair fight with the Hook man........however. Redd who has healed from his terrible injury gets up and grabs the Hook mans torso with his huge jaws and slams him into the wall. He then walks over to him and prepares to finish him off until being stop by Robby.

"Wait, Redd! That's enough. I said that's enough! He's had enough, let me take it from here."

"Oh... you damn Fables... I hate you all..." The Hook as he's in pain.

"You brought this upon your self. You killed that boy and terrorized Gwen family, all so that you could make a point."

"Just kill me already... I don't have to listen to this shit."

"No, I'm not going to kill you. I giving you a choice, to leave here and do something with your life. You don't have to continue doing what the mundy's made you out to be. You have a choice to be something else, like all the other Fables and even Urban legends."

"What are you saying..?"

"I'm saying... what I am saying is that our kind. Fable and Urban legend had a hard time at life. And now we have the chance to change our own fate, start a new. Like starting a family or traveling the worlds or picking up a hobby... that's not killing people of course.. "

"Come to think of it, I have a daughter. She's grown already, she probably forgotten about me.."

"See there's something you can look forward too. Got find your daughter after all these years."

" Then what, after that?"

"That is something you need to figure out. Even can change their own destiny and not be bound to some endless cycle."

"You Robby, you are different. You are not like other Fables. You have heart."

"I only do what is right, Hook. I fight for those who can protect themselves and help other carve out their own destiny."

"And interesting too.. Well then, its settled. I will abandon my evil ways and start anew. I will start by untying these folks and thanking you Robby, and you dog friend from giving me a well deserve whooping. Then I will find my daughter and rebuild our relationship. "

"Sounds like a Plan" Robby as he helps the Hook man up.

Before leaving, The Hook says farewell to Robby and thank him once again for helping him change his evil ways and then departs. Robby is then joined by Redd who his patched up thanks to Gwen and her parents help.

"They wanted to tell how thankful they were Robby for saving them. Also they promise to not tell anyone what happened here."

"That's a relieve, for mundanes. They're tough as rocks."

"Robby... I don't think they're mundanes... they used magic to fix me up.. Oh and Gwen gave me this to give to you."

"Redd do you know what this is?"

" A coin?"

"I found that exact same coin in the castle where I went to find my parent's. How did they get this..."

"Dunno, and hold up. Isn't there suppose to be a costume party coming up this week?"

"Shit, I forgot. The Fable Costume Party. Nearly every Fable in town is going to be there! I need to get home and put together a custom, Later Redd!"

And that's it for this story. Tune in for my next Installment, which will feature a major costume party will all the fables in town! Most of the notable fables will appear, both old and new. A costume contest and a more!

• <3 Perfection. I know it was wrong but.....but come on! You can't say it WASN'T romantic, right?

Thanks for clarifying that little situation of the past. I wonder how awkward it'd be if one of the children woke up in the middle of it all >.>

• Ew XD Nasty, Ethan. I would never eat something I've been bathing in!

Maracas....I remember making a few as a kid, out of shells and crap. Fun, until your parents take them away for being too loud XD

Interesting. She has a sister Mary. How many siblings does Lyla have? I know about Carla and Gina and now Mary. Anymore, lol?

Oooh... Juniors mark. Hehehe..

Mayor Cole! He's literally there just for looks XD Holds no real responsibility whatsoever other than to look good for the public X3

October Dear Diary: Maracas, Georgie. They are called Maracas. The Macarena IS a dance. He is too much that one sometimes. I can see h

• He's a very, um, interesting kid that Ethan...XD Ho did Lyla put it...'He's my special little man.' He just does it to be, well, nasty. Boys usually are....>.>;

Yeah, Lyla has three older sisters; Gina, Mary and Carla. Mary was mentioned a few times in the story about Lyla and Georgie's struggles in Fabletown raising the Quads; also a few times with Carla and Gren's story. She is a Lawyer, so is not around a whole lot.

Sweeet, loving Junior....XD

Well, look good at the party he shall! Him and that lovely mustache! XD

Ew XD Nasty, Ethan. I would never eat something I've been bathing in! Maracas....I remember making a few as a kid, out of shells and crap

• Yeah this will be a short one; just an idea for those that needed it answered. :)

And yeah...that would have been a bit awkward. 'Mommy and the Sheriff are just wrestling....XD'

Perfection. I know it was wrong but.....but come on! You can't say it WASN'T romantic, right? Thanks for clarifying that little situation of the past. I wonder how awkward it'd be if one of the children woke up in the middle of it all >.>

• I'm heartbroken writing about it, to be honest but it happened; you are right about the full moon thing. It has a control on anyone with wolf in them; sometimes makes them do things they normally wouldn't do. Not their fault-just giving into their natural animalistic needs. :)

Also, I love how you side with Georgie, Noir. I was gonna mention that awhile ago; you made a comment recently...I gotta find it. I just appreciate it. Not that the others don't but you seem to have come around to Georgie not being so bad after all. :) I don't SEE him as TWAU portrayed him. I...I just can't see that....

LupineNoir posted: »

Bet there was a full moon that night, in more ways than one! That's the best euphemism I can think of at the moment, and I'm not totally

• Hans nearly jumped out of his chair when his stationary phone rang in the wee hours of the morning. He hadn't even remembered falling asleep at his desk last night; The last thing he did before blacking out was drinking a fourth cup of whiskey at the bar while his girls danced behind him. He was battling a secret depression of sorts, cheery on the outside, yet desperately lost on the inside. He hadn't even realized why until it dawned on him several weeks ago.

He was in love with Mary. And she was missing, probably dead.

Reluctantly, he lifted the phone off of it's receiver, placing in against his ear while rubbing his temple with his free hand.

"Puddin' and Pie, can I help you?" He muttered into the phone.

"Uh, Hans? It's Mary." She said on the other end.

Hans's heart leapt from his chest. "Mary? You mean, THE Bloody Mary? The one who can probably cut my balls off faster than I can say 'Bloody Fuckin' Mary'? Mary?" His excitement could not be contained. This couldn't have been a dream. Not this time, at least.

"Yes, it's me Hans. I've been calling a people all morning to tell them I'm not dead. I invited Hazel and my sister in law Harmony over my apartment. You want to come too?"

"I would be honored to come. Seriously, why wouldn't I?"

Mary chuckles. "Yeah, I didn't think you were busy. See you around noon, then?"

"Perfect. I'll uhm- Yeah, I'll see you then. Bye."

"Bye."

He hangs up his phone. The pounding headache was now the least of his worries. Standing up, he stretched his muscular arms out wide, nearly able to touch the ceiling with them. The light overhead flickered when he accidentally bumped his fist into it.

"Ouch! Motherfucker..." He stuck his mildly burned knuckle into his mouth.

His attention turned to a mirror on his wall. He was a mess. Alcohol and food stains down his white sleeveless t-shirt. His jeans were ripped at the knees, and one of his shoes was missing. A bruise lined his jaw.

"Damn....where'd I misplace that thing?" He began shuffling around his office, turning things over, throwing trash out in the mean time.

"She's gonna think I'm a slob as soon as she gets back to work. Man, she'll rip into me HARD..." Hans busied himself by searching through his filing cabinet, pulling out his emergency pair of clothes. Always good to have a pair of pants and a fresh shirt lying around, you'll never know when you'll need it.

Her changed, combed his hair, then continued his hunt for his other shoe.

"Where'd I put that damn thing?" He muttered to himself. He searched the club, looking under chairs and behind the bar. What the fuck did he do last night, throw a rave party? The place was in such bad shape, it almost looked like there was a fight. Hell, there probably WAS a fight, judging by the amount of aches Hans felt that morning. After no luck, he reentered his office, taking a rest in his swivel chair.

His eyes darted to the clock. It was 11:30.

"Noon. I have to go at noon, I have thirty minutes. Shit!" Hans cursed to himself. "I'm such a goddamn loser....Why-....Why can't I do anything right for once?"

His head rested on top of his desk as he contemplated not even showing up for the little reunion party. What if she didn't even like him the way he liked her? What if she didn't want to work here anymore? Or, maybe she'd realize how stupid she was to befriend him and stop talking to him altogether?

"My, you look worse for wear," A female voice intruded his silent thinking. Hans jumped again, just as he did earlier when his phone rang.

"Who-....Mary? What are you...doing here?" He asked. "And how did you....?"

"I can see all the mirrors. You...erm. You sounded a little despaired on the other end of the phone. I took a peak and....Yeah. I came to help."

"Help? I uh...I don't need any help." Hans tried being a man.

"Really? Where's your other shoe then? I saw you struggling earlier to-"

"Fine, fine, fine. I need a little help. Okay?" He stood, a little dizzy from the hang over.

Mary chuckled, the same chuckle Hans seemed to fall for whenever she did it. He forced himself not to stare at her as he exited his office once more in search of his shoe.

"Did you look in the bathrooms?" Mary asked. She was surveying the run down club, her shoes kicked glass out of the way. "Be careful, your sock can only protect you from so much."

Hans laughed,"Uhuh. Funny. Uhm, I looked in the men's room."

"Not the women's though?"

"Well, what would my shoe be doing in there?"

"I don't know, sounds like you were wasted last night. Anything could have happened."

"Well, I refuse to go in there. It's ungentlemanly." Hans crossed his arms. Secretly, he was hoping the shoe wasn't in there. There were only two reasons for him to be in there, and one of them he might have been less proud of to admit.

"Whatever. Baby. I'll check." Mary entered the room, and came out in point seven seconds later, the shoe in her hand.

"What do you know? It WAS in there!" Mary says, handing it to Hans. He grumbled, taking a seat on a stool and slipping it on his foot. "No sock?"

"Uh, you don't want your sock back. Trust me."

Hans's eyebrows go up, but he doesn't question her. After his shoe is on, he sighs looking at him place. "I probably was the one who trashed. Can't remember, but it was probably me."

Mary comes in close. "Hazel said it was a pretty...erm....for lack of a better term, gruesome sight. Said you were in a rage. Hans, what's up? What's been going on while I was gone?"

Feeling embarrassed, Hans looked away from Mary, still staring at the carnage left behind from last night's brawl. The stage would need repairing, a team of cleaners would have to be hired to get all the shit off the carpet. It was a bucket of money that he didn't even have.

"Hello? Earth to Hans? Gonna answer-"

"You," Hans said.

"What?"

"I missed you. I missed you so goddamn much. And I didn't even realize how far I'd sunk until I hit the bottom not too long ago. I fuckin'....goddamn it, Mary! You make this so hard for me!"

"Wait- What? What am I doing to make this hard?" Mary gets a bit defensive, moving over to face him.

"I....I think I love you, okay? And- It's hard to love someone when, well.... I mean.... Fuck. I don't know how to say this shit."

Mary takes her hands, cupping them around his cheeks. He winces, the bruise throbbing under Mary's grip. "Just....tell me what's on your mind, okay?" She tells him.

Hans brings his own hands up, his thumb rubbing faded scars on Mary's own face. "You. You've been the only thing on my mind."

Mary gulps. A pit of butterflies forms in her stomach.

She'd never fallen in love with anyone before. It just wasn't the way she rolled. But right then and there, she desperately ached to be in Hans's arms. She never even realized how much she loved him.

"Oh, Hans...." She whispered. Her hands softly stroked his face, a mess of stubble and rough skin.

They tugged on each other's faces, bringing their lips together in the dimly lit strip club. If it weren't for the fact that they were absolutely head over heals for each other right now, this wouldn't be an ideal place for a first kiss.

But to them, it was the most perfect place to be in that exact moment.

<3 <3 <3 Any questions, you know the drill :)

• edited October 2014

Oh a costume party! I like!!! :D

MasterStone posted: »

Urban Legend vs Fable: Conclusion The Hook man began to approach Redd and Robby, preparing to kill them. As a ghost, he proved to be har

• lmao you wrote your post on someone else's story again, Pie! I haven't read it yet, but I will now XD

Oh a costume party! I like!!!

• Chapter 23

Snakes in the grass...

Alt text

'A dog will look down when they have done wrong. But a Snake will look you right in the eyes.'

"What happened to Jersey?"

"I guess the girls said Hunters were shooting at them and Jersey came to protect and scare them away."

Georgie placed the key in the ignition. "Hunters?"

Penny buckles in. "I..I guess. Katie said they just came home. Jersey is a fucking' mess."

Georgie pulled out of the alley. "That 'akes no bloody sense, love..."

"What do you mean, dad? You're not making any sense..."

Georgie stopped at an intersection. There were about six or seven cars ahead of him. The radio softly played an ACDC song.

"I mean, why would Mundy hunters go after not just one but THIRTEEN flyin' devil creatures? Unless-"

Georgie's eyes widened as he swerved the car. He nearly hit a parked Cab; this caused Penny to jerk in her seat and grab his hand.

"DAD! What is wrong with you!? You nearly got us-"

Georgie looked at Penny. "Penelope, where is Josiah!?"

"He's, he's with Johann, the Butcher from the Cut Above. Why?"

Georgie pulled into the opposite lane; several cars honked behind him, as Georgie forcefully made his way through the city.

"Dad!"

"Penelope, WHERE is Josiah!?"

"At Johann's apartment!"

"Where is that at!?"

"He's on Tubmen street, not too far from his shop. Dad, what is going-"

The breaks screeched, as Georgie circled the block. "We need to get there and fast! Call Johann!"

"Dad, why!?"

"Because I think Oliver is headed that way!"

Johann covered Josiah's body with the blanket, as the baby continued sucking on his pacifier. He sighed, looked at the clock and headed into the kitchen. He opened the pantry and took out some instant soup. His favorite was Miso, as Johann opened the packet and added water. As it boiled, the phone rang.

His heart fluttered, hoping it was Penny. He grabbed it, as to not wake Josiah. Unknown number. Johann answered.

"Hello-"

It was Penny. "Johann, is everything okay?"

"Penelope, what is wrong? What phone are you calling from?"

"I'm using a payphone. Mine is dead. I'm coming home, so leave the door unlocked if you can."

"But, I gave you a key-"

"Silly me left it at my folk's place. I'll be home in a bit. Oliver seems to be sick..."

Johann smiled and pranced around like a school girl. "Oh! I can't WAIT for you to come home, Penelope. I...I missed you."

"I can't wait to see you, too. And my precious angel..."

Johann hung up and headed for the front door. He unlocked it and went straight to the kitchen. The soup boiled, as he took a spoon and stirred the meal. It smelled heavenly; Johann figured Penny would enjoy a nice, hot bowl of soup. Johann sat at the table, resting his face in his hands. The front door creaked open. Johann peered up.

"I'm in here, Penelope. Dinner is almost done. Josiah is in his bassinet."

Silence. Johann could hear footsteps against the floor. "Penelope?"

Nothing. "Penelope?"

Johann stood up from the table, as he walked out into the living room. The only source of light was the table lamp beside the couch. Johann flipped the switch beside the kitche entrance, as the ceiling lights brightened the room. Sitting on the couch, holding Josiah, was Oliver.

"What the hell are you doing here?! Give me my-"

Oliver holds up a needle, the container filled with a yellowish colored liquid.

"I'd be 'very 'areful with ya' next moves 'ere, fat boy...."

In terror, Johann hesitated to move. "What...what is that, Oliver? Where is Penelope?"

Oliver cackles, causing Josiah to stir. "Oh, this? 'Ell, this little thing 'ere has Viper Venom...very powerful stuff 'ere. Would be a fuckin' shame if this got anywhere near ya' boy, Johann."

"Viper Venom?!"

"Do you KNOW what this stuff can do ta' a person's body, Butcher?"

"Oliver, please-"

Oliver stands up, walking around the living room. "Viper Venom is a VERY powerful poison; the bite along is very painful and within an hour or so, the joints swell, the bite feels like a thousand Ant bites and before ya know it, the body is slowly shuttin' down..."

Johann reached for Josiah. "Just...give me my son-"

"The pulse becomes imperceptible, especially in children. This can lead to a coma, Butcher, did you know that? If not treated in time, the victim could wind up six feet under. Sad, don't you think?"

"Oliver, please! He's a child! He's done nothing-"

"HE HAS, Johann! You and this boy are standing in my way and to finish it all, you two must vanish-"

"What the fuck are you talking about?!"

"Penelope is a wonderful young woman, isn't she Johann? You love her, don't you?"

Johann noticed the change in Oliver's eyes. "With all my heart."

Oliver smiles. "How fuckin' precious..."

Josiah screams, as Oliver places the needle by his neck. Johann jumps over the couch.

"Stop! Please! Give me my son! I'll do anything you want, just-"

"Its too easy with you, Johann. ALL of you. You Fables and your weaknesses...Georgie had Lyla, Jersey has Katie...and those fuckin' little shits! Those Hunters had one job, ONE job-"

"What did you do to those girls!?"

Oliver chuckles. "Oh, don't worry. The brats can live another day to play Barbie Dream house."

Josiah continued to scream. "Oliver, please! Give me my son-"

"God, you are a whiny bitch! My son, my son! Shut up!"

"Oliver-"

"Penelope was supposed to be mine, Johann!"

"You don't deserve her, Oliver! You're a spineless, disrespectful coward that has no purpose in this city! You don't deserve what she can give-"

"And YOU do, Johann?"

"I'd DIE for Penelope-"

Oliver laughs. "Georgie said the same thing about Lyla. Damn shame with Georgie...we could've had 'omething, he and I...fuckin' Sheriff, man. Big Bad Wolf my left testicle."

"Just please go, Oliver. I'm sorry about Georgie but-"

"Penelope is too much like Lyla; ALWAYS fuckin' sees the good in people, eh Johann?" As he spoke, his tongue became a Snake's, as his skin slowly changed into a dark, brown layer of scales. "But her bloody mother forgot to tell her, there are Ssssnakesss in the grassss, huh Johann?"

"No, it can't be..."

"What'sssss the matter, Butcher? Ya' look like you've seen a Ghosssst or sssssomething?"

"You can't be alive!? The Farm-"

"Funny 'hing about Black market Glamourssss, Johann-can get 'em for the right price. Nice, huh?"

"Georgie-"

"-Had no bloody idea WHO I wasss, Johann. Pathetic fool jusssst lookin' for sssssome friendssss. Sssso sssad...'Nough for me ta' get clossse to Penelope and mark her-"

"It's faint, Oliver! Not set in stone!"

Oliver smiles. "Well done, Butcher. Doing your homework, eh?"

Josiah began changing. "Please, Oliver-leave them be. It's me you want, not them!"

The fire detector went off in the kitchen, indicating the overflow of the soup and a possible fire begining. Oliver looked down at the young infant trying his best to change. The emotions Johann and Penelope were sending was allowing the boy to change. Meant Penny wasn't too far from the apartment. Oliver looked down, then over at Johann.

"Okay, Butcher. Got yoursssself a deal..."

Oliver placed the boy back in the bassinet and walked over to Johann. He plunged the needle into Johann's neck, as he injected the poison into his blood. Oliver backed away, opened the door and smiled. He glared at Josiah, now in full Wolf form. Oliver chuckled, walked over and grabbed Josiah once more.

"What...what are you-"

"For insurance purposessss. You know, jusssst in casssse. Sssse you 'round, Butcher."

Oliver, with Josiah in hand, left the apartment. Johann tried to move but the pain was too severe; the injection mark was burning and as he touched it, the swelling area felt like tiny bumps and burned to the touch. Not even five minutes later, Penny and Georgie arrived. They found the Butcher on the floor, struggling to move. As Georgie took out the small fire in the kitchen, Penny grabbed Johann's hand.

"No, no, no! Johann! Where is Josiah!?"

"Oliver...he's....the Viper..."

Penny's stare was blank. "What...?"

Georgie returned, searching the bassinet. "Where is the baby?"

"Oliver took him-"

Georgie kicked over the bassinet. "FUCK! No! Where did he go, Butcher!?"

Johann struggled to move. "He's going to hurt him...the Leeds kids...he, he...Penelope-"

"Dad, call Swineheart! I'm heading to Katie's place!"

Johann tried reaching. "Penelope, stop-he'll kill you...."

"I'll be fine, Johann. I should've known...I...I should've-Dad! When you are finished and Swineheart arrives, come find me."

"Penny-"

Before Georgie could finish, Penny was out the door. She headed to the car, turned on the engine and drove back to her sister's place.

As she drove, she dialed Katie's number.

Dial tone. Beep Beep Beep....

Chapter 24 soon :)

If you have any questions, let me know. Also, Oliver's Fable; if anyone can guess, I'll reveal the answer. If not, it will have to wait until the next chapter. XD

• I moved it...damn man...

lmao you wrote your post on someone else's story again, Pie! I haven't read it yet, but I will now XD

• -fangirls- lol

YES! Yes, yes, yes! XD ALL I can say!!!

Hans nearly jumped out of his chair when his stationary phone rang in the wee hours of the morning. He hadn't even remembered falling asleep

• JJwolfJJwolf Banned
    edited October 2014

Haha I saw that you posted on another by mistake. Thought I'd let you know; looks like em did he same. XD That image...nice Snake!!! 0.0

I LOVED this! Shit! I THINK Oliver's Fable is the Farmer and the Viper but I COULD be wrong...I knew he was trouble! I hope Penny gives it to him and soon!

I think he is behind it all-the hunters, the girls-EVERYTHING! Loved it!! More!!!

Chapter 23 Snakes in the grass... 'A dog will look down when they have done wrong. But a Snake will look you right in the eyes.'

• You're a dork, pie! XD

-fangirls- lol YES! Yes, yes, yes! XD ALL I can say!!!

• edited October 2014

Thanks. :)

I saw that; I had no idea I had done that...lol Thank you and Em. :)

Yes, it is the Farmer and the Viper; very simple, easy Fable.

JJwolf posted: »

Haha I saw that you posted on another by mistake. Thought I'd let you know; looks like em did he same. XD That image...nice Snake!!! 0.0

• Good save man XD

I moved it...damn man...

• XD

-fangirls- lol YES! Yes, yes, yes! XD ALL I can say!!!

• nononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononono

NO

NO!

FUCKING NO!

PENNY BETTER FUCKING GO WOLF SHIT ALL OVER THAT BITCH SNAKE OLIVER OR IMMA RANT TO HIGH HAVEN AND THE FARM ABOUT THIS SHIT!

GAHHHHH!

You REALLY know how to put me on the edge of my goddamn seat! I really REALLY like this chapter, no matter how much it crushes my nearly nonexistent heart XD

Chapter 23 Snakes in the grass... 'A dog will look down when they have done wrong. But a Snake will look you right in the eyes.'

Sign in to comment in this discussion.