Start a Story, be your own Fable. (Create a Fable Thread)

Comments

• He does have an especially nice mustache XDD

pudding_pie posted: »

He's a very, um, interesting kid that Ethan...XD Ho did Lyla put it...'He's my special little man.' He just does it to be, well, nasty. Boys

• o.o

MasterStone posted: »

Urban Legend vs Fable: Conclusion The Hook man began to approach Redd and Robby, preparing to kill them. As a ghost, he proved to be har

• LOL I feel like you are yelling at me thru the computer screen! XD I'm sorry!! lol jk

I'm not sure if you or anyone has heard about 'The Farmer and the Viper' Fable but this is who Oliver is from; he is the Snake that is found by the Farmer one night. The Snake is half dead and very cold. Out of pit, the Farmer brings the creature back to get warm and heal. One night, the snake bites the Farmer. As he's dying the man asks the Snake why he bit him, after all he's done. The Snake simply replies: 'You knew I was a snake, even before you brought me here...' Which is why I added that quote in the previous chapter 'Show evil kindness and it leads to betrayel.'

I don't mean to send these feels but I love adding the tension. :) You'll see in the upcoming enteries.

EMMYPESS posted: »

nononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononono NO NO! FUCKING NO! PENNY BETTER FUCKING GO

• October 16th

Dear Diary,

Scarlett again <3 Today we had a bunch of rain in the sky. That meant that recess was inside, which isn't so bad. I played by myself because I kinda didn't feel like playing with any other kids in school. Sometimes they look at us weird. They know that me, Noah, Ash, Robbie, and Elora are quintuplets but I guess since we tend to stick together, that' weird to them? I think that's the real reason I didn't play with anyone. I just drew Halloween things in my journal.

Sometimes, I know it's against Mom's rules, but sometimes when I go out side for recess, me and Noah go to the corner of the field where NO kids go and I turn invisible and we sometimes fly but we don't go high up. It's just so much funner to fly than to walk. Once, I was sitting at my desk and I started to float but my knees hit the desks and I plopped right down on my butt. No one saw though, I swear.

Ash has the flu and so does Robbie. Mom says they have to stay home from school tomorrow. I try my best to stay away from them but I was coughing a few minutes ago, and that can't be a good sign.

Oh! Guess what else I did today? I called Gramma Snow and she said she was going to see us again soon! I'm so excited, she's my favorite gramma, next to Gramma Winter and Gramma Nala. Grandpa Charming and Grandpa Bigby are kind of a tie I think. Anyway, my aunts and uncles are also going to be coming over because we're having a halloween party soon. I think Mom is renting the ball room for the whole family, because we have A LOT of cousins and aunts and uncles. You know, some of my aunts and uncles aren't really my aunts or uncles but we call them that anyway because what else would we say? My cousin Wendy is coming which is cool. She's one of my favorite cousins.

AND also guess what? Mom said that we're overdue for a visit to the North Wind Kingdom! That means that when we go there, we can be our true forms the WHOLE time and we can fly and stuff for however long we can! I can't wait for that, but Mom didn't say what day we would be going. There's a lot of plans for the next couple of weeks.

Tomorrow is try-outs for Drama. I want to be in the school play, but Ash thinks it's a waste of time. She told me I'm better at sports than acting, but she's never actually saw me act so she doesn't really know. I sometimes act out my favorite tales when I'm alone and I think I'm pretty good at it. Our school is doing the play, Annie. Maybe I'll get the lead!

For dinner, Mom made meatloaf. I think I'm the only one who likes it. The other kids didn't want to eat theirs and I watched Ash feed some to the dog again but I didn't tell on her. That's mean. It didn't stop Noah, though. She got a time out and since she's sick she had to have time out in her bed so that's even worse.

We watched another Halloween special. This one was really scary like the last one, but I'm starting to not get so scared. Robbie peed himself again, though. Poor Robbie.

Anyway, It's time to get ready for bed again. Hopefully next time will be more interesting, I know I didn't talk about much that was interesting today.

Goodnight,

~Scar <3

• OMG it makes so much sense! I love it! I love tensions, despite the ravaging feels you experience during the ride XD

LOL I feel like you are yelling at me thru the computer screen! XD I'm sorry!! lol jk I'm not sure if you or anyone has heard about 'The

• Mary and Hans lay still on one of the back room couches. Thirty minutes comes and goes, and soon it's been a fairly long hour.

"You're late to the party you're throwing," Hans chuckles, his hands moving Mary's hair out of her face. They both notice how long it had grew, a little past her ears and curling at the base of her neck.

Mary kisses Hans's chin, then moves up to his mouth. "I don't care. I texted Hazel that we'd be late. She didn't understand but whatever. Harmony is an expert at wrangling children, so Hazel won't be overwhelmed with just Carter."

"You know, she's been raising that boy for a good few months. I don't think she would have needed Harmony anyway."

Mary frowns. "Oh, right. I seem to keep forgetting about that."

Hans lifts her up some, shifting under her weight to gain a more comfortable position on the velvety couch. He strokes her hair as she focuses on her breathing and listens to his heart beat.

"You think we should go soon?" Hans asks after another ten minutes.

"Maybe," Mary whispers. She's almost asleep, drifting peacefully into oblivion.

Her phone buzzes, announcing an incoming call. She stands up, lifting her jeans off the slightly sticky wood floor. Her hand finds her phone after a few minutes of fishing through pockets, and the caller ID show's Hazel's perky photo.

"Must be wondering where we are. I'll answer it," Mary says. She clicks the little green 'accept' button and hold the phone to her head.

"Yeah?" Mary says, simultaneously trying to put her clothes on so they could leave as soon as the call was over.

"Mary? We've got a problem! You need to go to the- AHHHH!" Hazel takes a few deep breathes.

"What? What's happening? What's wrong, Hazel?"

"I'm in labor, Mary. I just- GAHH! - I just broke my water, and the contractions are dangerously close together. Your sister is taking me to the Knights of Malta, just please hurry and be there?"

"Right, right! I'll see you soon!" Mary hangs up, stuffing her phone back in her pocket.

"What's wrong?" Hans asks, pulling his shirt back on.

"She's in labor. We need to get there ASAP. I...." Mary's face is grave. "I don't know if she'll even survive this. Even after he's dead.....The baby could still kill her."

"Shit. That's not cool. Let's get into my car and go!"

Hans follows Mary through the narrow hall and to the back door to the club. The same old beat up jalopy sits back there, a little rustier than Mary remembered. He takes the drivers side and they make their way down the busy New York streets to the hospital.

When there, Mary impatiently taps her foot on the floor. A mundy couple, step in with her and Hans, infuriating her more because now they'd have to get off and slow her down. The 'top' floor came for the mundy couple, and when they noticed Mary and Hans still in the elevator, they exchanged confused looks and went to ask a question just as the doors snapped closed.

"You think they'll go searching?" Hans asks.

"Nah, mundy curiosity tends to fade after about five seconds. It's all because the invention of television, I swear."

Hans laughs, although that doesn't make their situation less tense. The elevator goes up another two floors and dings when they get out.

"Welcome to Knights of Malta, Fabletown Wing. How can I make your-"

"Hazel. What room is she in?"

The nurse, confused for a split second, recuperates and says,"Twelve. She just arrived ten minutes ago."

"Thanks," Mary says. As she walks past the circulation desk, she sees Harmony in the waiting room, about half her babies with her and Carter.

"Where are the others?" Mary asks.

"I had Tim take half to take a load off of me. I've got Noah and Ash with me, and I'm also watching Carter."

"Uh, I'll watch Carter," Hans says, taking a seat. "Go ahead and help with the birth Mary."

Mary nods, kissing Hans for a second and running down the hall. She smiles when she hears Carter say 'ew' behind her, and keeps her mind mainly on finding Hazel and keeping her safe.

Room 12's door was wide open, the sounds of Hazel's heaving bellowing out the door. Mary rushes in, standing to the side of Hazel.

"It hurts! It hurts so much!" Hazel is yelling. Swineheart is taking some ultrasounds, and the look on his face is spooking Mary.

"What's wrong?" Mary asks him in a whisper. He nods ever so slightly.

"I NEED TO PUSH!" Hazel practically screams.

Swineheart puts the device away, looking under the sheet to check. "Well, you are ten centimeters. It's time to push, Hazel."

Immediately, as if on cue, she sucks a breath in and Mary watches as Hazel's face goes red. She places her hands on Hazel's abdomen, using all she can in her power to ease the pain. Do whatever to stop what may just be inevitable.

"One more, one more! Come on, you can do it," Mary says. The whole thing reminds her of that close encounter with her own birth. She relives the pain in her own mind and tries her best to keep tears from flooding down her face.

Hazel pushes one more time.

Swineheart holds the silent baby.

Hazel's eye's roll into the back of her head.

And Mary's nose starts to bleed.

Oh fuck, did I do it again?

Sorry. Well, not so sorry. You'll see what happens <3 Don't worry.

• Lyla and Georgie crossing their arms in the same picture is surely a sight to see, and yet oddly foreboding in a way. I love it. :3 Lyla's pose and expression is hella cute as well! (yeah, I say hella in the rarest of moments)

Did Colin actually eat the porkchops? I'm wondering now, haha.

Part 2 "The way we planned..." During my break, one of the little girls, Nikki, saw me drawing this on my break and she was so hap

• And he's going to help me kick your ghostly ass.

Well said, Robby, well said.

Take a deep breath, count to three. Then slowly...carefully open the door. Urban Legend vs Fable Part 1 The next day, Robby went to Gw

• I knew Oliver was going to get it sooner or later. I know I technically didn't request this, but thank ya for including this. I bet it was all part of your devious plan anyway. XD

Chapter 21 'Understand' Johann carried the sleeping boy around the apartment. The floors creaked, as he sat on the couch. The window w

• It's another Fableception, ain't it? I'm sure you are well-equipped with the knowledge to further understand what the hell Bill is doing with the Fablesverse. :P

I personally don't mind the spoilers, it was inevitable for me to see tons of them from issues I haven't read anyway. I do avoid clicking discussions that are posted about the Fables issues though.

Welp, I don't want to spoil much, although not much really happened that would have sent me on an emotional rampage. It's just- Rose Red, an

• edited October 2014

If something like this were to happen at the end: (this comment is not meant to be taken seriously)

Alt text

Snow: Bigby, how could you!

Alt text

Bigby: Uh, um, this isn't what it looks like Snow!

Alt text

Snow: May I join in?

Alt text

Bigby: If you can survive the howling night, if you catch my drift.

Part 3 'Carry you away' The quads curled up on the wooden floor, blankets covering thei sleeping bodies and pillows to rest their head

• edited October 2014

You. good sir, JUST made my morning! XD

And no, I do not take offense! Snow, you spitfire you! :3

If something like this were to happen at the end: (this comment is not meant to be taken seriously) Snow: Bigby, how could you!

• That ending. Holy shit, dude!

What the hell!? I KNEW it wasn't going to be all sunshine and rainbows; Charles is up to his old dirty tricks again. I hope that baby is alright; Hazel comes off as a strong young woman but even carrying a Demon baby has its limits. I hope all works out but I never know anmore; that is a good thing and like to be kept on my toes!

And Hans. -continues fangirling in silence- XD

Mary and Hans lay still on one of the back room couches. Thirty minutes comes and goes, and soon it's been a fairly long hour. "You're la

• That was really well-done when you had Oliver slowly transform back to his original, slithery self. It also reminded me of Anubis85's Fable - Marian, I believe, was the name.

Chapter 23 Snakes in the grass... 'A dog will look down when they have done wrong. But a Snake will look you right in the eyes.'

• Glad I have. ^^

She's a relentless blizzard, isn't she? XD

You. good sir, JUST made my morning! XD And no, I do not take offense! Snow, you spitfire you!

• Alright, Hazel's eyes at the end really has me worrying now. Mary, not so much. Simply because she's a kickass badass that will survive no matter what. >:)

Mary and Hans lay still on one of the back room couches. Thirty minutes comes and goes, and soon it's been a fairly long hour. "You're la

• Part 4

6 months later

Swineheart moved the wand across Lyla's fastly growing belly. Georgie sat beside, as he held Lyla's hand. The screen showed two vary large and healthy babies.

"There they are, Georgie and Lyla."

Georgie looked closer. "Boys or girls, doc?"

"Both of them are boys. One of them is full Wolf. See. Right there."

Swineheart points to a bundle of fluff, thrashing around. The other boy sat quietly in the corner, waving his tiny arm around.

"My boys...." Lyla wiped her eyes. "I have a Wolf and a Fable..."

"Do we have names yet?"

Both Georgie and Lyla beamed. "Ethan and Peter for the little Wolf pup."

Swineheart wips Lyla's belly. "Those are perfect names. Congragulations again, you two. I'm sure the Quads are excited to be older siblings now."

"Katie and Junior won't shut up about it."

"Georgie be nice. They are looking forward to the babies, especially Junior. Besides his cousins, there are no boys he can play with."

"Well, I'm sure little Georgie Junior will be pleased and anxious for their arrival. Everything looks great; both babies are healthy and growing like weeds. Make sure to eat plenty of red meat, drinks lots of Milk and get plenty of rest."

Georgie shoke his hand. "Thank you, doc. See you later."

Swineheart chuckled. "See you both on D-day, unless something else happens sooner."

Swineheart leaves, as Lyla heads to the kitchen. She opens the fridge and takes out a large carton of eggs. Georgie walks up behind her.

"What 'RE ya' doin', love?"

"Making breakfast for the kids..."

Georgie grabs the eggs. "No, no, no. Ya' need to sit."

"You're going to make something for the kids to eat?"

"Yes. How hard can it be, love?"

Lyla walks into the living room. "Okay. If you need help..."

"I got this. How 'ard can it be?"

Ten miserable minutes later...

Katie poked at her eggs. Junior tossed the burnt toast to the dog; Penny managed to sneak a few cookies from the jar and thankfully Uncle Hans had an extra Egg McMuffin for Emily. She unwrapped the sandwich and nearly inhaled it. A small fire started over the left burner; Georgie grabbed a kitchen towl and tossed it over the flames. Within seconds, it became nothing more than a pile of ash.

"Daddy..." Junior continued tossing his burnt food. "Do you, um, need help?"

Georgie tried to keep it together. "No, no, no, no! Daddy, he uh, has this!"

Penny rolled her eyes. "I don't know if it was wise for mommy to-"

Georgie glares over at Penny. "You...hush!"

Emily tries to contain her laughter. She grabs the ketchup bottle and pours a hefty amount inside the sandwich.

"Where did you get that?" Georgie points. "And those cookies?"

The girls stare at each other. "Uhhhh..."

"LYLA!!"

She instantly arrived to a meltdown. Arms folded, she leaned against the table. Four hungry children stared back; their father held up a towl and waved it. Georgie had given up.

"So, you got this, huh?"

"I don't...they are egss, Lyla. How...do you..."

She kisses the tip of Georgie's nose. "Go. Sit. I'll make you all some food."

Georgie sits, as Katie hands him the paper. She oats his hand.

"Its okay, daddy. You tried. Now you know."

Mumbling, Georgie opens the paper to the Sport's section and drinks his coffee. Ten minutes later, each of them have hot well done eggs and toast. The kids inhale their meal and after placing the dishes into the sink, head outside.

"SHOES! Emily Catlynn-NOW!"

Georgie cleans the dishes, as Lyla sits. She rubs her petruding belly, as a tiny foot kicks her belly.

"Oh! Georgie-they are moving."

Nearly dropping a dish, Georgie slides over and places a hand on her stomach. Seconds later, a tiny paw surfaces.

"I love my boys..."

"They love you, too. Little Peter seems to be more active when you're around..."

The kitchen phone suddenly rings. Georgie smiles and stands up.

"I'll get it. Just sit back. It's probably Henry or Hans..."

Georgie answers the phone. Its Swineheart.

"Georgie, are you in a room alone?"

His heart sinks. "Why...what is wrong with the boys, doc?"

Swineheart sighs. "I need you to be alone for this, Georgie. Please..."

"What is it..."

"We tested the boys, as requested and-"

"WHAT!?" Lyla looked up. "What did you find, doc!? Tell me-"

Swineheart paused. "Has..has Lyla BEEN with anyone else in the last few months she conceived the twins?"

"Why..." Sadly, Georgie knew all too well what this meant. "What is going on?"

"Georgie-"

Lyla came around the corner to find Georgie huddled in the corner. "Georgie-"

"Which one is not mine, doc?"

"Peter. The Wolf cub. Ethan has your DNA and is indeed a Fable but...Peter's DNA does not match your own."

The rage was building deep in Georgie's core. Lyla tried getting his attention but Georgie refused to look at her.

"Who-" Georgie's fingers tightened around the phone. His eyes turning dark; Lyla noticed the stone in his pocket glowing black.

"Georgie, does it-"

"WHO!?"

"Bigby Wolf...his genetics are of the Sheriff." Sielnce. "Georgie...Georgie..."

Georgie hung up the phone. He glared at Lyla. She knew that look and fear swept over.

"Georgie..."

"Of all the bloody fuckin' people ya' could've fucked."

"What-"

Georgie knocks over a Vase. "DON'T! Don't! You KNOW what that was about! Of all the people-"

"It was an accident, Georgie and-"

Georgie throws his hands up. "Oh, an accident, huh?! Did you 'accidentally' climb into his bed and did his fuckin' penis 'accidentally' get inside of ya and did you two 'accidentally' fuck!?"

Lyla tried grabbing Georgie's hand. "Georgie, please! I didn't know about-"

Georgie pulled away, grabbed the car keys and headed out the door. He didn't stop once; simply got in the car, turned on the engine and drove away. He looked back and found his wife, standing in the driveway. His cellphone rang; Lyla attempted to call Georgie back but he had something else in mind. Unfinished business.

Georgie parked beside the Woodland building. He looked past the gates and toward the entrance.

"Bigby...."

Part 5 soon :) Any questions, well, you know the drill. It's Friday!! :D

• October

Dear Diary:

My sisters are here! Gina brought the twins; Hans Junior and Mini are their cheerful selves and are outside playing with the kids. Carla and Gren came over with Rosie and the boys; Gren immediatly found Georgie and along with my father, they are in the Den watching the football game. Rosie broke her right arm; Grendels and their blasted tree climbing. Thank GOD Carla has the patience of a Saint. Mary ACTUALLY showed up thirty minutes after Carla's arrival.

While the kids played outside, we spent the afterrnoon baking random treats; Carla showed us how to make Cake pops. I had no idea she could bake! Mary was telling us she'll be down in November for the week of Thanksgiving. Guess she met someone while on her monthly business trips out of New York. Emily was especially thrilled to see her Aunt Mary. Hopefully this will indicate to my hard-headed sister that her visits need to be more often; not this when-ever-I'm-in-town bullshit.

We all know when Fall season has arrived; forget the decorations and Pumpkin scented items. Nope. Try guessing again, diary. Yup, you got it. Football season never ends and wouldn't you guess it, they always show up at MY house? Ever since Georgie bought that curved flatscreen television, the guys feel the need to 'make camp' in the Den. The last time I saw twenty pizza boxes on the floor, empty Beer cans and broken jaws were in the dorm rooms at college. We all caught Gren dancing in front of the television; the New England Patriots made a touchdown. Hm. Never pictured Gren as a 'dancer.'

The boys decided to come inside and watch the game with Georgie, their uncle and grandfather. I swear they are teaching these boys the incorrect information in regards to not only life but this time of year; Junior was screaming at the screen and Peter threw the popcorn bowl because the ref called 'interception.' 'That is some bullshit!' Then, Georgie follows with 'The fuck is wrong with ya' dumb bloody fuckin' ass!? The 'ell is wrong with you!?' Ah. The joys of male bonding....

Well, better get going. I smell cookies and here in a bit, we need to get dressed for the festival tonight. Thank god my parents and sisters are going; this should be fun, diary. :)

Until next time. <3 Lyla Porgie xo

• I THINK that was him name...>.> Brain is mush today; you could've told me is name was Barney and I'd agree. XD

Thank you. I was debating for the LONGEST time which Fable to use for Oliver.

That was really well-done when you had Oliver slowly transform back to his original, slithery self. It also reminded me of Anubis85's Fable - Marian, I believe, was the name.

• edited October 2014

As long as your brain is creative and sane, you're fine. :)

I'm pretty sure that Anubis's Fable was a girl. XD @Anubis85 Let's beat Georgie up!

You're most certainly welcome, I gotta look up the Farmer and the Viper myself, as I've never heard of it. It sounds really cool!

I THINK that was him name...>.> Brain is mush today; you could've told me is name was Barney and I'd agree. XD Thank you. I was debating for the LONGEST time which Fable to use for Oliver.

• Oh Georgie! :( I feel so bad for him! He's crushed!

That breakfast scene! Georgie needs to stay out of the kitchen!

Oh man...to theWoodlands! Got me wondering WHAT he has planned!!!

Part 4 6 months later Swineheart moved the wand across Lyla's fastly growing belly. Georgie sat beside, as he held Lyla's hand. The sc

• Gren. XD Enough there!

Sounds like my uncles and cousins during football season! XD

October Dear Diary: My sisters are here! Gina brought the twins; Hans Junior and Mini are their cheerful selves and are outside playin

• Thinking about it, being two fairly different species in one - human and wolf - would probably lead to a lot of things like this happening, where one side of them rules to the detriment of the other.

Is it the comment about the drugs, which I couldn't help but think Georgie wasn't responsible for? Either way, a lot of it is because of the way you've written his character! You've given him a plausible backstory, a reason for how he acted in TWAU, and have developed him much from just a rough pimp to a rounded person. In doing so it's definitely changed the character, and there's something about him that I just can't help but identify with. :)

I'm heartbroken writing about it, to be honest but it happened; you are right about the full moon thing. It has a control on anyone with wol

• Got to admire Robby giving Hook the chance to change his life, instead of killing him. I wonder what the Fables will wear to the costume party, seeing as they're the sort of things we 'mundys' would normally dress up as! More or less, anyway.

Urban Legend vs Fable: Conclusion The Hook man began to approach Redd and Robby, preparing to kill them. As a ghost, he proved to be har

• Lmao, you and me both about Hans XD You'll see as it comes what happens, I still have a few tricks up my sleeve, so to speak.

That ending. Holy shit, dude! What the hell!? I KNEW it wasn't going to be all sunshine and rainbows; Charles is up to his old dirty tric

• This occasion calls for party poppers to be going off! XD Or maybe fireworks! But that would probably be unsafe in the club.

Hans nearly jumped out of his chair when his stationary phone rang in the wee hours of the morning. He hadn't even remembered falling asleep

• You got that right! You'll see how things end up in the long run; I'm still debating on things myself.

Alright, Hazel's eyes at the end really has me worrying now. Mary, not so much. Simply because she's a kickass badass that will survive no matter what.

• :((((( And thus, the bad times ensue. Of course, it'll get better again real soon, I'm sure. I can't wait for the next installment!

Part 4 6 months later Swineheart moved the wand across Lyla's fastly growing belly. Georgie sat beside, as he held Lyla's hand. The sc

• Emotional and intense. But why would he go after Katie and Jersey's kids? I can understand why he'd want to hurt Johann and Josiah, but not Katie and Jersey, unless it's because of their relation to Georgie. I'm guessing we'll find out soon!

Chapter 23 Snakes in the grass... 'A dog will look down when they have done wrong. But a Snake will look you right in the eyes.'

• Wha - what? Do I think what's just happened has actually happened? Usually when I catch up on posts the next chapter isn't too far down, and of course there isn't one this time! :P

• It started so fun and ended so sad; these chapters are playing havoc with my emotions! It really is sad, though. :(

• Curved flatscreen television? That's some nice tech to be watching the game on!

October Dear Diary: My sisters are here! Gina brought the twins; Hans Junior and Mini are their cheerful selves and are outside playin

• Everyone's coming to the party, Snoby and their children including Ghost, Beauty & Beast and their little monster and many more!

LupineNoir posted: »

Got to admire Robby giving Hook the chance to change his life, instead of killing him. I wonder what the Fables will wear to the costume party, seeing as they're the sort of things we 'mundys' would normally dress up as! More or less, anyway.

• Yeah here in America they just came out with it like, not even 6 months ago. I'd LOVE to get it but, you know! XD Why not give THIS Georgie the television, since I can't have it yet. lol

Curved flatscreen television? That's some nice tech to be watching the game on!

• You said it-Georgie. But it's only the begining; I have a few ideas still left to distribute...

Emotional and intense. But why would he go after Katie and Jersey's kids? I can understand why he'd want to hurt Johann and Josiah, but not Katie and Jersey, unless it's because of their relation to Georgie. I'm guessing we'll find out soon!

• I will be waiting like always!! :D

Lmao, you and me both about Hans XD You'll see as it comes what happens, I still have a few tricks up my sleeve, so to speak.

• No, it was something else; you said it awhile ago, a little after the 5th episode came out. I'm gonna have to go back and find it. Well, I appreciate you and everyone else taking to the idea that Georgie is not a bad person; he just made mistakes and did not have a choice.

I just can't het the guy...I just can't. :)

Thinking about it, being two fairly different species in one - human and wolf - would probably lead to a lot of things like this happening,

• Chapter 24

'Forked road ahead'

'When it hurts so much you can't breathe; that's when you know you're still alive.'

Swineheart made it to the Butcher's apartment before Penny managed to make the call to Katie. During this process, the thirteen girls crowded their father, now sitting at the table, sipping tea.

"He's alright. Yeah. No, he's talking; won't shut the hell up now. What? That stuff in the bottle."

While Katie spoke to Penny, Jersey rubbed his skull. The scars from previous encounters and other moments in his life lined the top, back and lower right eye socket. The girls used to asked their father about the older ones; Jersey refused to speak about certain times in his prior life; seems that is one thing he and Georgie DID have in common.

Hope moved closer to his chest. "Does it hurt, daddy?"

Jersey stretched his arms. "No, Chipmunk. Daddy has had worse..."

Ivy makes a gun out of her hand. "They were ALL over the place, daddy! They were all Pew! Pew! And we were all GAH! NO! and then you showed up and was all ROAR! SMASH! Cool...."

Jersey chuckled. "You girls alright?" They all agreed. "Damn...I've never seen so many Hunters in one group like that. The mundies are learning to stick together, I suppose...."

Bella grabbed Ava Rose. "Let's go play outside, guys."

Jersey glares over. "Do not leave the backyard, you all hear me?"

"Yes sir."

" 'Kay. That sounds like a plan. Love you girls."

As the girls skipped away, Jersey stood up and headed to the sink. He turned on the hot water and began soaking his forearms. The sting was still noticeable, as the warmth ran over the wounds. The perks to being a Fable; the wounds you suffered usually heal within an hour or so after the contact. Jersey leaned on his elbows and watched the girls play around the fort. Katie continued to walk back and forth.

"He did what!? Where is the baby now!?"

"Everything alright, Katherine?"

Katie covered the mouth piece. "Oliver took Josiah-"

"Why? What does he want with Josiah?"

"He wants-" Katie continued speaking to Penny. "No, no, I'm here. It was just Jersey. Yes..."

Malcom walked into the kitchen. He handed Jersey a cigarette.

"Can't smoke in here, big guy."

"Yeah, I know. Gettin' ready to head outside now; keep an eye on the girls, seeing there is some weird shit goin' on."

Jersey dries his arms. "Welcome to Fabletown, Wolf."

Both he and Malcom laugh, as they head to the porch. The girls run and play, as the two take a seat and smoke. The air is still and frigid. The outline of the city can be seen through the layer of clouds and Fog. The lights seem to twinkle against the sky like stars in the night sky.

"How are you, Devil?"

"Had worse, Malcom..."

"Fans REALLY want that Autograpgh, huh?"

"I don't know anymore. I can't even take my kids outside without someone fuckin' tryin' to kill us all in cold blood."

"It's getting better...slowly but its getting there."

Jersey exhales. "Well, not fast enough, honestly..."

A car's breaks screech outside the house, as Jersey looks up. A growl settles in his throat, as Malcom sniffs the air. The girls take notice and all pause in their spots. Malcom's arms move.

"Girls, stay right there, please..."

They both slowly walk inside the house. Both are prepared to protect and defend if needed. The smell of the car could not be recalled by either of the men. They heard voices in the living room; Jersey sniffed the air, hissing with each step he took. Suddenly, Katie shrieked, causing Jersey to leap over the couch; Malcom, now changed into a large black Wolf, followed behind.

"KATHERINE!" Jersey's claws assembled. "Katie, where-"

He and Malcom turned the corner and found Katie, Penny and Emily; in Emily's hands, she held the sleeping infant. Penny gathered her son and cuddled the boy close to her breast. The boy suckled on his thumb. Astonished, Jersey walked over to the women.

"Hey, Jersey-" Emily gave his shoulder a pat. "Man, ya' look like shit, dude..."

"Where...where did you-"

"Emily found him on the doorstep of the Pudding and Pie. Felicia was leaving to go to the store and he was in a basket. This note was pinned to his shirt and-"

Penny looked over, as Katie stuck the note in her pocket. "I'll...I'll read it later..."

Katie seemed annoyed. "Read it later!? Penny, we need to find Oliver and-"

"Let ME handle this, Katie."

"He took your son, nearly poisoned Johann and is risking ALL of our lives here-"

Penny kissed Josiah's head. "You...you just don't understand."

Katie was appauled by her sister's choice of words. She was baffled and vexed. Penelope was a very sharp-witted individual; out of the six kids, she was always the astute one. Penny was too much like John; the man always had the thirst for knowledge and the unknown mysterious that plagued us as a society. Now, here she was, continuing to defend the man that nearly cost her everything.

"Penny, what has gotten into you? You of all people should know-"

"Oliver did not mean it, he's just...he loves Josiah! He loves me!"

"He's got a fuckin' funny way of showing it! Beating the shit out of you, throwing you to the side like a trash bag full of garbage; my sister ain't garbage, Penny! You deserve better!"

Josiah looked up at Penny. "He's hungry...I'll be right back."

Katie leaned against the wall. "Oh my God!" She punches the door. "The FUCK is wrong with her!?"

Emily sighed. "Dad is gonna kill him..."

"Not if I get to him first." Jersey licks his chops. "Sometimes you can't change people and-"

Katie stares at Jersey. "Back off, big guy. You are in no condition to fight right now. I need you here, sitting in that chair and recuperating."

Malcom, now back to his human form, hands her a cup of coffee. She thanks him, takes the cup and slowly drinks. Katie sighs.

"I'm so tired of fighting you guys....so tired. I NOW understand why papa could not deal with the Folker community; why dad kept us out of prying eyes from this place..."

Emily dug her finger deep into her left nostril. Katie, disgusted, kicked her sister's chair.

"Really!?"

"What!? Leave me be, woman! I brought the bloody baby back-"

Penny returned empty handed. "I have Josiah in one of the bassinets upstairs. He's exhausted..."

"Yeah. I'd be exhausted, too..."

Penny looks over at Emily. "Do you know if dad has those files in his office?"

"What files?"

Penny takes out her phone and dials Georgie's number.

"Penny-"

"I need those books you are looking at, too. Those on the table out there...I need to call Nana and see if papa still has those books in his study."

"For what!?"

"Prophecy..."

The girls continued to play outside; some were on the fort, others on the swings. Hope and Willow played hopscotch.

"Wonder what's gona happen to Uncle Oliver now?"

Willow looked up. "He's gonna get it! He is a bad man."

Bella swung from a bar. "Ya' think so?"

"I KNOW so!"

Abigail and Gianna slid down and joined their sisters. "I don't think he's bad-just lost."

Willow looked up. "Lost? How so?"

"He does't know his whereabouts. Uncle Oliver has NEVER been like this; he's always been nice to us and he and daddy are friends and-"

"WERE friends, you two...."

"Well, WE think something else is going on but if you think you're right-"

"We ARE right! Now, let's keep playing and-"

Hope suddenly giggled and pointed to the fence. The rest of the girls looked over and saw nothing.

"Hope, what is so funny?"

"You guys see that silly Snake dancing over there?"

Bella and Alice looked closer. "Hope, what Snake?"

She continues to point. "The big brown one! See-"

The thirteen girls cautiously head to the fence. They do begin to notice the rather large Snake moving around in the tall grass. Its head peeks up, his yellow eyes staring at the girls, as his forked tongue darts in and out of th mouth. He appears to be smiling, as Hope reaches for the creature. Laura, however, quickly pulls her back.

"What are you insane!? He could bite you and-"

The Snake lifted its head up to face the girls. "Oh no, I'd never want to hurt you girlssss-"

Laura looked down. "You can talk?"

The area was quickly coated with a green cloud. The girls waved their arms and coughed. When the area was cleared, the girls noticed Oliver standing where the Snake used to be. With caution, each of the girls watched. Neither of them knew what Oliver really was until that moment. He adjusted his jacket, fixed his sleeves and leaned against his cane; his eyes were still the same as a Snake's.

"Mommy and daddy home?" The girls nod. "You girls in the mood to get some ice cream? Now, I know its cold but who does not like a sweet treat? Hear there is a new Red Velvet milkshake...I know several of you girls LOVE Red Velvet...."

Bella begins grabbing her sisters and pushing them back. "We can't talk to you right now, Uncle Oliver....mommy said so."

Oliver flashed his fangs. "A smart young lady ya' 're becoming, Bella. The leader of a pack; a TRUE Wolf leader in the making. Very proud of you girls..."

"Thank you but my parents are in the house if you wanna speak to them-"

"Well, I actually should be going, girls. I got an appointment elsewhere." Oliver tips his hat. "I'll be seein' ya 'irls 'round, okay? Let ma' know if ya' girls change ya' minds 'bout them treats, okay?"

Just as mysterious as his arrival, Oliver vanished into the mist. Bella looked over.

"Go get mom."

Chapter 25 soon :) Uh, so early! Not only used to the early to bed, early to rise thing but the Mrs. had a craving early this morning; thank GOD Jack in the Box is opened so late and they serve burgers 24 hours a day. :) If you have any questions or concerns, you know the drill. :D

• edited October 2014

October

Dear diary:

Well, today is the day for the festival; the kids are dressed in formal attire and I get a chance to wear that new dress purchased several weeks ago. Georgie HATES suits. If that wasn't a headache in the making, Emily is throwing a fit because she has to wear a dress; she wants to wear a tuxedo like her brothers and father. Georgie managed to calm her down; he's allowing her to wear a bow tie with her dress. It will have to be a band-aid until we can tend to the actual wound.

Everyone from Fabletown attended; my sisters arrived several minutes after we did. Mayor Cole made sure to greet us all at the gate. He was pleased to see my father; they held a conversation for almost ten minutes before he headed inside to the party. He was rather pleased to see the Porgie family accepted his invitation. Gren and Carla were there with their three kids; Hans and Gina would be a little late due to traffic. They brought their two butterballs and were were shocked to see our sister Mary there.

The decorations were winsome; each of the tables had either an orange, brown or yellow table cloth, three candles in the middle, a centerpiece and lights hanging above. There were Pumpkins, husks of Corn and bales of Hay surrounding the dance floor. The wind blew through the trees, as the moon sat above the city of lights. Several waiters and waitresses walked around and offered little treats for the adults and children to snack on. Katie and Penny were more interested in the games and dance competition. Ethan and Peter, like their uncle Hans and Gren, were too busy enjoying the food being provided around the clock. Emily sat with Georgie the entire time; I counted nearly thirty times people mentioned the resemblence she had to Georgie. Well, duh....that WAS her father. And my dear, sweet Junior...caught him looking at a mirror. When I asked him why, he didn't answer; he joined his sisters and I tried to see what he saw. Nothing.

For the main course, we had Asparagus, roasted red potatoes, dinner rolls and either Boar, Chicken, Fish, Bison or Pork; we each got a different meat to sample and enjoy. Georgie and I both got the fish; it was a pan seared Salmon fillet with lemon and Dil sauce. The kids got Chicken and Pork. My parents each had Bison; daddy nearly has his still galloping through the meadow. It was so red and bloody; Georgie nearly puked when he saw me take a bite. Hey. It's a Wolf thing. My sisters had fish as well; Gren was the only one at the table to dine on Boar, as Hans enjoyed his Chicken. Rosie, Gren Junior and Noah had Pork; Hans Junior and Mini nearly fought over the Chicken bone left from their dinner.

Dessert was a fondue and several cheesecake slices; I was ready to dance with Georgie and get out there. At first, he refused but I promised him some, well...I don't have to go into detail .XD The DJ played various music ballads; the crowd cheered the dancers on, as Georgie took my hand and we swung around. He placed his hand on my hip and danced alongside the other couples. While the adults danced and drank, the kids had their own scavenger hunt provided by Rose Red, Boy Blue and Robert; they had to find all sorts of objects with the help from clues. The theme was 'Fall'; they found items like Pine cones, Pumpkins, Witches, Goblins, certiain colored leaves. The winner received a $50 dollar gift card to Toys R Us; I've never seen Emily or Gren Junior run so fast in my life. They teamed up. XD

Have you ever heard of the 'Cha Cha slide' dance, diary? Well, when several Fable men join together and dance to this song, it makes the whole evening. First off, my father; man has no rhythm but combine alcohol and my mother's presence and you'd think he's been dancing for years. Gren and Georgie, along with Hans, were like three rather large children. Nothing but laughs, jokes and the occasional butt crack. I KNEW Georgie needed a belt...Boy Blue invited me into the mix; nearly half the guests were doing the Cha cha slide. Even ol' Mayor Cole joined in with the fun.

We left around ten; the kids were tuckered out and Georgie and I were both ready to relax. We arrived home, helped the kids into ther pajamas and headed to bed ourselves. I love gatherings like that; it was nice having everyone there. :)
    Well, better get going. I have a VERY handsome British man in my bed eager to cuddle. ;)

Until next time. <3 Lyla Porgie

• First off, the cravings your GF is having. At least you went and got her whatev it is the baby wants. :) Great save!

Anyways, I'm now wondering just WHAT the hell is really going on; you mentioned the prophecy and I'm trying to remember each of the kids. I THINK it went like this: One will look for a reason, one with cause treason, another will take it all, the other wll gladly take the fall. Shit-I can't remember the other two but it was something like that, I think.

The only two of the Porgie kids YET to fulfill their prophecy is Katie and Penny; I know Junior and Emily found their destiny in Fabletown. Maybe Ethan, too. And Peter. Now that I think about it...I know Katie is with the Council; she is the reason the War between Fables and Folkers has ended. But something tells me there is more to her story. And Penny...she is determined to save Oliver.

I'm begining to think Oliver is not so bad; perhaps he is under a spell of some kind and is doing these things because of someone else. He didn't hurt Josiah; why would he just leave him at the Pudding and Pie? Why not kill the girls right there and then, if he was the one sending out the Hunters? And those books! WHAT is in the books!!?

I love all these twists and turns in this story; you think you have an idea and then you do this to me. I hope nothing too serious will happen; I'm loving the detail and ideas you have. Can't wait for more like always. :)

Chapter 24 'Forked road ahead' 'When it hurts so much you can't breathe; that's when you know you're still alive.' Swineheart mad

Sign in to comment in this discussion.