Start a Story, be your own Fable. (Create a Fable Thread)

Comments

• I'm gonna have to REALLY agree with Dragon on this: You and your damn description of food! I don't even LIKE Fish; you KNOW this and now, that bloody Salmon sounds wonderful! XD

That dance scene; I pictured Hans, Gren and Georgie dancing. I <3 me some Cha Cha Slide, tho! XD Play that at your wedding...-hint hint-

And how cute; the scavenger hunt, Emily wishing she could wear a tux...that gift card! Her and Gren JR teaming up! And the decorations, too!

Nice work! So far, this is one of my fav enteries. :)

pudding_pie posted: »

October Dear diary: Well, today is the day for the festival; the kids are dressed in formal attire and I get a chance to wear that new

• As promised, the October Halloween challenge is up, guys. It can be viewed under the Fall challenge. :)

• This sounds like a challenge to get the imagination going, and it's a great excuse to watch an episode of Scooby Doo! Thanks for the link too, it's a helpful place to start!

As promised, the October Halloween challenge is up, guys. It can be viewed under the Fall challenge.

• I'm not sure if that could sound more ominous! :P

You said it-Georgie. But it's only the begining; I have a few ideas still left to distribute...

• I'm wondering about which comment it is, and I think I might know it, but I won't guess in case it's wrong and we just end up going back and forth over it! Let me know if you find, if you like.

No, I can't hate him either. The darker side - for want of a better term - of his life was brought about mainly through bad circumstance and forced decisions; I don't believe he would have wanted to make the choices that led him to how he was in TWAU. A big thanks to yourself for making us see a different and better side to a character that might have been otherwise left as he was! :)

No, it was something else; you said it awhile ago, a little after the 5th episode came out. I'm gonna have to go back and find it. Well, I a

• Thank goodness Josiah is safe; but Oliver, he's too cunning. He'd risk getting so close to the house just to, presumably, kidnap the girls, yet he gives Josiah back fairly quickly. Hmm.

Chapter 24 'Forked road ahead' 'When it hurts so much you can't breathe; that's when you know you're still alive.' Swineheart mad

• edited October 2014

Your description made the whole thing so vivid! And that salmon. :3 Anyway, I loved the little details, such as Georgie and his trousers being a bit too large xD Was Robert the same Robert from JJ's tale?

Also, 'winsome'. I've never heard of that word before, but I'm rather fond of it now I have. :D

October Dear diary: Well, today is the day for the festival; the kids are dressed in formal attire and I get a chance to wear that new

• First off, Emily and her antics. Picking her nose and such XD Very lady like. At least she brought the baby back!

And what is penny up to? To be honest, she is the one I would want to see kill Oliver out of all the fables there. Either her or Katie. I could see both of them do it. Or, if you wanna go all Bioshock on it, you can get all of Katie's girls to swarm on the guy and beat him senseless XD Because that's what those girls remind me off: A ton of Little Sisters XD

The girls talking about Oliver was extremely interesting...The way they take things is so unique to each other, some think Oliver is a bad man and others tend to see he's just sort of.....lost. You know? Very interesting.

Hope laughing at Oliver XD So funny.

Bella always struck me as the pack leader. Idk if you ever mentioned she was before this, but whatever. It's cute <3

Can't wait for next chapter, this one was real good. You did a good job of showing how even the adults care about each other enough to put themselves in danger for Penny. It's really sweet.

Another place that the east coast is missing out on: Jack in the Box. I heard of it but I've NEVER seen any around here whatsoever. Maybe there's a few up north, or maybe it's a west-coast exclusive. Idk, I'm sure they're just as good as any other fast food. Correct me if I'm wrong, of course. Anything to keep the GF happy, I suppose XD

Chapter 24 'Forked road ahead' 'When it hurts so much you can't breathe; that's when you know you're still alive.' Swineheart mad

• Holy crap, dude XD It's so perfect! Gotta get the creative juices flowing, man! I think as soon as I'm done with Mary, I'll work on something.

Hell, maybe I'll feature Harm's cubs as the mystery gang XD

As promised, the October Halloween challenge is up, guys. It can be viewed under the Fall challenge.

• LMAO That whole Bioshock comment made my day. :) Seriously because they DO remind me of the whole 'little sister' 'bid daddy' thing.

I have an idea with Oliver and Penny's situation; been doing a lot of searching and playing with ideas because my 1st idea seemed too easy to write about and it would have ended the story sooner than anticipated. SOOOO, back to the drawing board. Er, uh, writing board. XD

The girls know Oliver as their uncle; Penny was with him for a long time. About half, if not more, of the girls do not see him as a bad man, rather than 'lost' and need help along the way. KIND of like their grandfather Georgie; thye SEE the trouble Oliver is causing but to them, especially little Hope, he can't be such a bad person.

The Porgie clan stick together and try to always look out for one another. :)

And OMG East coast-NO!!! XD I guess the west coast has EVERYTHING than. I enjoy it; my GF has been craving their bacon double cheesburgers for the past two weeks now. She keeps eating them burgers, my baby is gonna BECOME one. XD

EMMYPESS posted: »

First off, Emily and her antics. Picking her nose and such XD Very lady like. At least she brought the baby back! And what is penny up to

• Haha I have the perfect story! Muwhahaha!!!! XD

Can't wait to get started on this challenege! :D

• I like using the word 'beautiful' but I wanted something more elgant, I suppose. I heard my professor say it on Tuesday; guess it stayed with me. :)

And yes, that Robert is from JJ's story. I'm gonna add a few random OC's in there to add something. :D And fun!! I'm hungry now because of that entry! XD

LupineNoir posted: »

Your description made the whole thing so vivid! And that salmon. Anyway, I loved the little details, such as Georgie and his trousers being

• edited October 2014

As soon as Mary had passed out, she was in her subconscious mind, and it was not pleasant.

Everything she feared had been facing her at that exact moment. If it weren't for the fact that she knew it wasn't real, she would have been screaming bloody murder. No pun intended, of course.

Her feet shakily took her up a flight of black steps that seemed to go on forever into a dark abyss. All of the world's nightmares must have been stored in this place, a sort of version of Hell.

And, when she reached the top, her biggest fear of all Stood there.

Her Father.

She knew he was real in this mess of imagination. She knew, because she could feel it. Despite the anxiety that was ripping her insides to shreds, she approached him with a confident posture, trying to remind herself that she could over come him.

"I told you, you can't kill me," Charles said, the closer she got. She would not respond to his meaningless conversing.

Charles laughed,"I bet you still don't know. I bet you're confused as to why I picked Cara, and why I would choose you, of all my children, to bother myself with.

Mary's face went sour. She was only a few feet from him now, and she stopped. The stairs behind her were gone, and now she was surrounded by corroding wasteland, a purplish tint to the shadows and the monsters. Her arms crossed over one another and she glared for a good few minutes.

Charles sighed. "You're not budging, are you? You know, you're too much like your mother, for the brief moment I knew her. She was very bull-headed. And you're in luck. So was I." Charles starts to take a few steps around, look at the land that surrounded them.

"Do you know what this place is, Mary?"

Mary's eyebrows went up.

"Oh, your curiosity getting the best? This here, is New York City, Mary. And you want to know who did this?"

"You?" Mary finally speaks up.

"Nope." Charles takes several steps toward Mary, causing her to tense up. "It was you, my dear child."

Her face twists into a horrified scoff. She takes a good look around her now, taking it all in. Now she recognizes the chaos. She's standing on Bullfinch Street, rubble at her toes and scattered around her.

"This is the beast inside of you, Mary. This is what will happen when you inherit the thrown. That is, if you become like me."

"I'll never ever be like you. You know that."

Charles gives a sarcastic chuckle,"Right. Mary, of all my children, you are the most like me. You are the only one who was ever capable of this. I didn't choose Cara as my heir. She was the bait to reel you in. She was a test, to see if you could make such hard decisions. You'll have to-"

"I WILL NEVER TAKE YOUR PLACE!" Mary screams at him. She's in her mirror form, shards of glass flying past Charles's face at alarming speeds.

"Whoa, now now child. Let me finish my sentence at least." Charles picks the blood stained glass of the floor, twisting it in his hand and coating his hand in blood. "What an unusual gift you have. Of course, so do about half your other siblings. And your son. He has it too. And...." He grins a most devilish grin. "My two newest children."

"Two?" Mary asks. She backs away from Charles slightly, noticing the awkward closeness of him.

"Twins. You didn't know? Oh, that's right. I brought you here too soon to see the birth of the second one."

"I fucking hate you," Mary says. "I hate you, and you know what? I'm not like you. You think I am, but I'm not. I would never- NEVER do this. Why would I have reasons to destroy the earth? Why would I let myself go out of control?"

"I seem to recall those centuries where you'd feed peoples lungs to domestic house pets. You gonna call that a stage Mary? Did you grow out of it? Or is that anger just lying in you, dormant for now? Have you ever thought of it, Mary?"

Mary gulps. "I think about it all the time, Charles. And I remind myself each and every day, that I am better than that. That I can overcome my tendencies, I can overcome the urges. It'll never happen again. I haven't felt the need to in decades."

"You're the strongest person I know, Mary. I want you to take my spot; I will be dying very shortly. And you wouldn't want anyone else taking my place, would you? You know it. You know that if you don't take it, some one else will and then this will happen a thousand times worse. You know that it will. Mary...." Charles removes a pendant necklace from himself. He reaches out, dangling it in front of her face.

"Just take it, love. Take it from me now. And this will be over. Deal?"

"No, this will never be over, not until you die."

Charles laughs. "You see, you're predictable. I knew you would say that, and I know what your thinking. So stop stalling, take the pendant, and get on to killing me. It's very simple, the only thing holding it back is you."

Mary stares him down for a moment. She hesitates, her hand reaching out but freezing midway. She could take it. She could be different. She didn't have to be evil to be the keeper of nightmares, did she?

She didn't. Her hand snatched the gold chain from his, placing it around her neck. Immediately, she felt the power. She felt darkness filling her. It only took three seconds for her to take the life of her father.

A single glass shard to the chest. That was all it took, now that he had stepped down. She was invincible.

And every part of her hated this.

I didn't write anything yesterday because I was terribly busy. I hope you liked this chapter, I'll most likely write another one today at some point. I really like the way I wrote this one, because it kind of comes together as a final affirmation that things are changing. You'll see what happens next chapter to her and her family and friends, now that she's essentially in her father's place.

Thanks for reading, any questions or concerns, just comment <3

• Lol! I can't wait to see how things pan out. You have a tendency to surprise us with these things! I love it!

LMAO That whole Bioshock comment made my day. Seriously because they DO remind me of the whole 'little sister' 'bid daddy' thing. I have

• edited October 2014

I had a PM sent about the families that I mention; some asked about Hans, Lyla's sisters and the other kids involved around the ever going circus known as 'The Porgie Clan.' The only one NOT pictured yet is Mary; I'm still figuring out HER story and so forth and so on. XD

The Porgie Clan

We all know and love these two and their six, outgoing, boisterous cubs. :)

Alt text

Clever Hans and Gina

Lyla's older sister gina fell in love and married Georgie's bouncer, Hans. They married and had twins; Hans Junior and Mini. Her real name is Gabriella but due to her being the 'runt' during birth, her father called her 'Mini.' Hans Junior is older by 5 minutes.

Alt text

The Grendels

Gren swore he'd never marry, have kids or date; he also HATED mundies and anything related to them. Years later, he married a mundy and had three children. Carla is Lyla's older sister and the two first had Rosie and a year later, twin boys; Gren Junior and Noah. Noah is the only Wolf cub out of his siblings.

Alt text

Fun Fact! Did you know Carla and Gren split up right after Rosie's birth for a month due to the stress and challenges of raising a child?

Any questions? You know the drill. :) AND to those still waiting on an image, I promise they are on their way. :) Chapter 25 soon and Part 4 coming soon. Also, the Porgie Clan comic soon to debute on my DA page. :)

• Someone please take a sledge hammer and hit this man. Please, no one...alright....be right back...

I now see everything he is trying to do to Mary and the mind games he is playing. Twins. Wow...I wonder how this will play out in the end, considering he is looking for someone to take his place. Sad how he used one of her siblings as a 'pwan' to lure her in.

The image of NY and the way is was portrayed in her subconcious. I'm worried, though, cause he mentions Carter and how he has 'the girft' just like mary and half the siblings. :( He creeps me out!

This is really good! Looking forward to see how this plays out.

As soon as Mary had passed out, she was in her subconscious mind, and it was not pleasant. Everything she feared had been facing her at t

• Glad the visuals help. :) Plus, gives me a chance to show you guys some of the charatcers.

I will! Love for you to see it, Miss Comic lover! XD

Hehe, the fun fact! I love it, can't wait to see how her sister Mary looks like! It's really awesome being able to get a true visual on these characters! You'll have to give me a link to the Porgie Clan Comic when that happens!

• edited October 2014

Hehe, the fun fact! I love it, can't wait to see how her sister Mary looks like! It's really awesome being able to get a true visual on these characters!

You'll have to give me a link to the Porgie Clan Comic when that happens!

I had a PM sent about the families that I mention; some asked about Hans, Lyla's sisters and the other kids involved around the ever going c

• You and me both feel that way.

It was all a test. He wanted to see if his choice of her as heir would ultimately be the right choice of all his children. He knew that Cara could never be there, even though he had practically brainwashed her into thinking she was going to be the real heir. He's unfortunately a very clever man. Charles's physical body had been destroyed, but as long as he was still the keeper of nightmares and all things evil, he was still alive.

The image of New York is a possible outcome of Mary taking this responsibility. When I wrote about it, I thought about the movie Hellboy. He has the destiny to open Hell's gates on earth, but he prevents that destiny by being a better person than he was intended to be. Mary is essentially going to do the same thing, you know? You'll see soon enough.

At least he's gone for real now!

Someone please take a sledge hammer and hit this man. Please, no one...alright....be right back... I now see everything he is trying to d

• LMAO I JUST notice you had Robert in thre! XD How did I not see that!!

I like using the word 'beautiful' but I wanted something more elgant, I suppose. I heard my professor say it on Tuesday; guess it stayed wit

• You DID do it! :D <3 I can't wait for Mary, too! :3

I LOV these little family portrait images; Hans and Gina are just too cut. I had no idea about Carla and Gren...:( And the Porgie Clan. Can't WAIT for that comic!!! :D Great job!!

I had a PM sent about the families that I mention; some asked about Hans, Lyla's sisters and the other kids involved around the ever going c

• Hans and Junior would be a little late due to traffic. Do you mean Gina? Not Junior? Lol XD

Man, I just volunteered at a Halloween party for the kids at the middle school today, and the decorations were basically the same XD

Man, I honestly don't understand why Lyla and Georgie DIDN'T catch on to the fact that Bloody Mary was basically with Junior since the beginning. I mean, it even seems as though Junior himself didn't understand if it were Mary doing all of this or if it became so normal that it almost seemed weird if that stuff didn't happen to him every now and again.

Lyla's description of her father's meat is perfect <3 Man, Georgie should know by now that that's how wolves tend to roll XD

Lol, Georgie won't even dance without the promise of a little fun later in the night ;)

Ah! The mention of Boy Blue and Rose Red just melts me. I'm such a nerd XD

NO FRICKEN WAY. That Halloween Party I mentioned earlier? They gave away toys r us gift cards to winners of each contest too! That's so funny! My friend's little sister won the 'Guess how many candy corn are in the jar' contest. It was only a ten dollar one, but there were other cards that were 25 dollars and I think there was also a 50 dollar one but I can't remember.

All the men dancing! I can just picture all these guys dancing together XD

So cute <3 It's always a cute ending with Lyla! She's too sweet!

• Hehe, good to know. I'll be looking :)

I like using the word 'beautiful' but I wanted something more elgant, I suppose. I heard my professor say it on Tuesday; guess it stayed wit

• Chapter 13

Rose pulled up and parked the car; she refused to look at me, as I stepped out of the car.

"You don't need to do this." She reaches over and grabs my hand. "Some things are better left unanswered."

"What do you know?"

"Robert, please."

Anothr cab behind her car honked. Ignoring her pleas, I head inside the building. I'm greeted by a large man in a dark gray suit. He opens the door, as I head to the front desk. The receptionist greets me.

"Hello and welcome to the H&R Folker building. How can I help you?"

"I...I need records on a Folker; a she-wolf by the name of Lyla Smith. She is married to, a uh, Fable-"

The young lady begins typing. "Ah yes. John Smith's youngest daughter. And what is the purpose?"

I twidled my thumbs, as my elbows rested upon her desk. "I need her records..."

She glares up. "Again, what is the purpose, sir?"

"Look, I just need the files on Lyla Smith; I think the ones when she was, like, 17 or so-"

"Do you have permission to obtain these records?"

I look at the lady, who came to a halt. "I NEED permission!?"

"IF the Council and committie has given you the okay, I must see a slip. If not, you must leave and-"

I slam my fists on the counter. "The Farm, huh? Anything I CAN see in regards to the Farm? Halfers sent there, a list of children..."

"A, uh, list of children-"

"Yes...please-" God, I HATE scrounging for answers. "This is important...."

The Recptionist types a few more times, pushes the 'print' button and I watch as the answers unfold through the printer. She staples the five sheets together. As she hands me the stack, the security guard watches me leave and enter Rose's car. As I buckle in, she grabs the papers.

"THIS is what you wanted?"

I grab Rose's arm. "Look at me-you've BEEN to the Farm! No tell me if you've seen any creatures like me."

"Grendels? Like, maybe one or two."

"Any kids?"

Rose stare out to the road. "Kids-"

"Little Grendels like me or Halfers-"

Rose turns the car on. "Robert, maybe you should stop now..."

"What do you know?"

"I KNOW you're going to get hurt all over again. You need to let go-"

I scan the documents; all these faces and unknown names listed of all th children on the Farm. Rumor has it Mayor Cole sends orphans there; Halfers is neither their parents or Folkers want them. I found two possibilities-a boy only known as '267' or a girl known as 'Renee.' Again, I point to the children and show Rose.

"Any of these ring a bell to you?"

Rose turns into an alley and parks the car. "Robert, why does it matter to you after all this time?"

Before I could speak, Rose continues. "You feel guilty, is that it? Things are different, Robert. We BOTH know that! We are all on opposite sides of the fence here; she is here, we are there. Not like Lyla had a choice; either send it away or you'll be 'taken' care of by the Folkers."

"Rose. What do you-"

"I know THIS. This is destroying you. Trust me. Take it from someone that's had centuries of hatred and guilt. Let it go...some things are better left as unknown. We can't do anything now, Robert."

"You have seen them, haven't you?"

Rose points to the boy. "This one. He has a name, too."

I glare at his picture. "What's his name?"

"The mother said it was RJ. Nothing more-"

"You saw the mother drop the baby off?"

Rose adjusted in her seat. "I didn't SEE it myself but I heard some of the villagers speaking about it the next day."

"And-"

"That's all. No name, no descripstion. Just a newborn Grendel at our doorstep. He was the chunkiest thing; so loving and playful. Very curious, too."

I smile. "Rose. You have to take me-"

Rose pulls out and back onto the road. she is quiet, as we head out of the city. The clouds above indicate a storm approaching; the black pavement soon turns into a long, red dirt road. Rose pulls up to a gate and after showing her badge, the security guard lets us in. She parks next to a brick building.

"You REALLY want to do this?" I nod.

"Alright. Let's go meet your son..."

• Uh-oh, Oliver is becoming too tricky for his own good. Luckily nothing drastic didn't happen to the girls, YET.

• That evil laugh does not sound good, am I seeing a sneak peek at a future antagonist here? ;)

You know my drill with your stories, I can't wait. :D

Haha I have the perfect story! Muwhahaha!!!! XD Can't wait to get started on this challenege!

• You should've been watching Scooby doo already. Haha, only joking. It'd be interesting to see how a weasel will beat a curse - should you decide to do this challenge. :P

No prob with the link, I'm resourceful that way. :D

LupineNoir posted: »

This sounds like a challenge to get the imagination going, and it's a great excuse to watch an episode of Scooby Doo! Thanks for the link too, it's a helpful place to start!

• Thank you for saying so!

That would ROCK. :D I would give you 5 bucks of my non-existant Mundy money to see it. XD

Holy crap, dude XD It's so perfect! Gotta get the creative juices flowing, man! I think as soon as I'm done with Mary, I'll work on something. Hell, maybe I'll feature Harm's cubs as the mystery gang XD

• Mary's eyes snapped open. She was in a hospital bed. Deja-vu swept over her for a brief moment. Her hand shot to her neck as soon as she had remembered. The pendant was there.

How was that possible? She sat up, alone in the dark room with the sounds of beeping monitors and the air conditioning unit. Her hand grabbed the IV and yanked it out, a slight pinch making her wince for a fraction of a second. She stood, wobbly at first, and made her way toward the door.

"Mary, you're awake?" She heard Swineheart's voice as she made her way down the hall. She had to get to the maternity unit.

"Hold up! Mary!" She heard him say. She didn't stop, but she slowed down to let him catch up.

"Mary, I'm not going to stop you from making your way over there, but you have to take it easy. Also-"

"Don't tell me anything I don't want to hear, Swineheart." Mary warned him through gritted teeth. She had to at least see Hazel first.

"Mary-"

"Where's her room? Is she still alive?"

Taken back by her abruptness, Swineheart answered. "She's partially stable. Still alive....but barely."

"That's all I need to know." Mary responded. She turned the corner, following the arrows to Intensive Care. Just as she rounded another corner, a set of two cots came rolling in from the maternity unit. The twins.

Mary stopped in front of the cots, staring in at the children who squirmed about their beds.

"A girl and a boy?" She said. The nurse in charge of transporting them nodded. "Their names are Ava and Jackson."

Mary's lip trembled. They were so beautiful. She reached down, touching both of their exposed feet. "Where are you taking them?"

"Their mother. Just got word she's awake and-"

Mary began walking again, the nurse trailing behind. As soon as she got to the room, she practically tip-toed in. Just in case she had to be quiet or something. Hazel looked so weak sitting up. Her face was pale, her movements shaky. She rest her head back and smiled as Mary walked in.

"Glad you're okay," Hazel whispered. "I was a little worried."

Mary scoffed."You have more to worry about than me."

The nurse picked the little girl up, Ava, and handed it to Hazel. She opened her gown, revealing her breast. "This is the first time I'm going to get to hold them. I've been in here a good two days mostly asleep."

"That means so was I," Mary said. She took a seat near the bed, and after Hazel said it was alright, the nurse handed Mary the baby boy.

"Jackson is a lovely name," Mary said. "So is Ava. How'd you pick those names?"

"They're my parents names. Died when I was a kid." Hazel reclined a bit, letting gravity hold her daughter up some. She looked like she might pass out.

"Time to switch?" Mary asks. Hazel nods, and they trade babies.

The little girl sleeps in Mary's arms, slightly bigger than her brother. She takes her finger and runs it along the baby's face. So precious. The whole prospect was giving Mary ideas...

She placed the baby in her crib. After Jackson was done, she did the same for him and watched as Hazel went back to sleep. The nurse took the newborns back from where they came from, and Mary made her way out of the hospital.

She was about to walk home, when she realized something.

The mirrors were safe for her again. A wide smirk grew across her face as she snuck into the nearest room, slipping past a sleeping patient and jumping through the portal.

Arriving home, it was the first time she'd realized how late it was. The clock on her wall read 9 PM, and the lights were all out, except the one in the kitchen. She wondered who'd been watching Carter, although it wasn't too much a mystery.

Hans sat at the table, his head resting on the wood and quiet snores emerging from his mouth. Mary stepped over softly, so as not to wake him yet. Her fingers tapped his shoulder and he awoke, jumping from the table and swinging his arms like a maniac.

"Whoa, Hans. It's me!" Mary said.

When he calmed down, his surprised facial expression went to pure glee. His arms embraced her immediately. "Mary! You're awake!"

"You just notice?" She joked. His hands messed with the strings on her gown. She hadn't even changed. After a long moment, Hans let go, and gave her a quick kiss.

"You...um. You mind if I uh...."

"You can sleep over, Hans. I need a shower first, and then we can go to bed. Nothing more, because I'm exhausted, okay?"

"No problem! Yeah. I'll lay down and wait for you."

"Okay." Mary kisses him again and enters her bathroom. She makes mental notes to fix her mirror and replace others. She was safe now.

The pendant stared back at her in one of the larger shards. It made her sick to think she had the power now, to create all evil.

Her hand unhooked the back of it, and she tossed the necklace in her fairly empty jewelry box. There was no need to where it all the time, right? The power she'd been feeling the past few hours was diminishing. She was feeling normal again.

And then a wave of sadness swept over her out of the blue. She killed her sister. There wasn't much time for her to have mourned since the event, and now it was coming harder than it should have. Her sobs came in waves, every few minutes getting loud again as she sat naked on the toilet. After several minutes, Hans knocked on the door to ask if she was okay. When she didn't respond, he warned her that he was coming it.

The door slipped open, and Hans lifted her into his arms. He held her for a good long while as she let it all out, her tears staining his shirt like a bucket of water.

All she needed right now was his shoulder, and he would give it to her for however long she needed it.

<3 I hope you liked it. I'm trying to transition this story into an epilogue of sorts, seeing as Mary's story is coming to an end, for the time being. I want to get back to writing about Harmony, and there's also the new challenge that I'm eager to participate in :) Any questions, just ask!

• LOL Well, they ARE late in traffic! XD I'm gonna make my GF proof-read these things from now one. Stupid brain and stubby fingers...XD

LOL That is too funny 'bout the gift card and the party! Coincidence? lol That sounds like fun; would love to actuall attend one of those things but my town is too plain and boring to do shit like that. :(

You would think Georgie would be use to the, uh, Wolf habits but its takes him awhile. ;) I'm going to throw some comic characters in there from time to time. :)

And yes, the dancing; wish I knew how to animate cause I'd make these fools dance all over the place. XD

And Lyla. :) She is something. <3

Hans and Junior would be a little late due to traffic. Do you mean Gina? Not Junior? Lol XD Man, I just volunteered at a Halloween party

• WTF he has a kid?! By who!? 0.o

Whoa....dafuq is going on here?! And you say I THROW people around!!! XD

Getting good! KINDA have an idea but not saying.....:)

JJwolf posted: »

Chapter 13 Rose pulled up and parked the car; she refused to look at me, as I stepped out of the car. "You don't need to do this." She

• -Throws confetti- -Blows horn- Yes!!! -fangirls- That's right, Hans...take her in those big, strong arms of your's! XD lol

I loved this little section you did and can't wait to see what Harm and the others have been up to. :) Her, Tim and those mischevious bundles of love. XD

Also, looking forward to what everyone comes up with in regards to the challenge. :)

Mary's eyes snapped open. She was in a hospital bed. Deja-vu swept over her for a brief moment. Her hand shot to her neck as soon as she had

• Since you mentioned Hellboy, excellent choice of inspiration to use as a scene for Bloody Mary and her father. Really well-done.

You and me both feel that way. It was all a test. He wanted to see if his choice of her as heir would ultimately be the right choice of a

• Etans Diary

October 19th

Today is a windy day in my kingdom. Same ole same ole. Kids running around castle. Wife gossoping with her friends. Daren visiting and drinking all my booze, and me sitting here on my throne waiting for the next adventure to come us..

Lately, I have been in touch with the rest of the team. Theres a costume party coming up and everyones coming along it seems and I have no clue what wear.. Maybe I dress up like some kind of mundy.. Maybe I go as that Justin Bieber fellow..

Nearly got struck by lightning yesterday while I was teaching my kids how to hunt as wolves in the mountain... Not sure if Thor was being a dick or if he was fighting with Loki again.. but whatever I'm staying of it..

I also had this strange flashback from my youth. When me and Daren where kids we use to aways fight alot and sometimes he would kick my ass and then I would enlighten him with my philosophy and tell how arrogant he was. Then we would sneek into the fabletown and troll that Crane person with the Headless Horsemen drawings. Good times, and that was only a pinch of the tricks and misadventures we embarked. How I miss those times..200 years of time, and now I'm 234..

It seems my kids already have their costumes pick out, they're the teen titans... adorable..

I wonder who the wifey will go as...

• Whenever you release the comic, you should roll the red carpet out for me so I can be the first one to comment. :) Just kidding, I'm gonna check your DA page more frequently for the comic, though!

Nice touch with Georgie's stubble. I guess after all of these years, he was bound to grow some whiskers to give himself even more of a badass look, y'know? Lyla's lookin' mighty charming as well.

• Do a VIP guest list during the opening event! XD All that inking takes time but so far, its been worth it. :)

Lyla is always stunning. ;D Might add it over time to future pictures regarding him; someone told me that I DON'T do it enough, since in the game he KINDA had stubble going on. Apparently, MY Georgie was too smooth. XD Well, glad it works. :3

Whenever you release the comic, you should roll the red carpet out for me so I can be the first one to comment. Just kidding, I'm gonna che

• Wife gossoping with her friends.

XD

I like the idea that Etan is open to dressing up as some 'mundy' and he goes for Justin Bieber! lol that made my morning. :3 And their interactions with the Thor and Loki! -thumbs up- Nice touch, there.

And the children with their teen titans. DAAAAWW! <3

MasterStone posted: »

Etans Diary October 19th Today is a windy day in my kingdom. Same ole same ole. Kids running around castle. Wife gossoping with her fr

• Okay next chapter, enjoy.

Russian Roulette

Chapter four

Snake charmer

"Well, you were right Scarlett." Medusa mused, twirling a lock of her hair with her finger, her green eyes focus on Bradwr. "Bradwr here certainly lacked the balls to keep my business a secret."

"Only saves his own ass." Scarlett added then her gaze shifted to Lyall. "You don't seem surprise."

"I can smell your scent a mile away-"

"Dude, you knew she was here?! And you didn't say shit?!" Bradwr exclaimed. "For fucks sake I would like a little warning before I have to see my ex-wife! I would had waited in the cab, what ever happened to the guy code?"

"Vanilla, very fetching choice of fragrance." he commented, ignoring Bradwr.

"I'm not wearing any..." Scarlett shook her head. "Never mind, not important. What is important is you two aren't walking out of here alive." her hand reached into the pocket of her jacket, and sure enough like last time they met he was face to face with the barrel of a gun, loaded with silver bullets.

Lyall prepped himself to run, he knew this wouldn't be like before. After what went down it was clear she didn't intend to waste time. The slender finger of Medusa's was raised, Scarlett's eye glanced at her, red lips forming a straight line as she lowered her weapon reluctantly.

"I could end them right now..." she muttered as Medusa shook her head.

"Not yet dearie, all in due time." her tone felt as cold as ice, despite the fake sweetness it carried. "Bradwr has some debt he owes me, remember you little rat?"

"Hey ! You gave me those damn glamours for free!" Bradwr yelled, refusing to be cast aside. "You make it pretty clear I didn't owe you squat!"

"An favour for your father, but that was then this is now." she taunted. "You proven to be utterly useless, and only caused more trouble for me."

"Bradwr's in my custody now." Lyall stated. "And I intend to keep it that way."

"Yeah, what he said!" Bradwr pipped in.

"You clearly don't know how this works." Medusa stated coolly. " Romeo,"

"Yes Medusa?!"

"Get on over here, come now I don't bite." she chuckled as Roemo carefully inched over to her, trying to avoid looking her in the eyes.

A faint hissing noise filled the area , slowly slithering out of the sleeve of Medusa's black blazer was a scaly sandy coloured cobra.

"But Natasha here does, you know Natasha, quite the temper." she taunted.

Natasha slithered onto Romeo's shoulder, he could only watch in horror as the snake let out a warning hiss. Medusa's shifted her gaze to Lyall and Bradwr.

"Like her? It was a bit of impulse buying but I was fairly pleased with what I got."

"Leave him out of this! Romeo hasn't done anything!" Bradwr yelled.

"He's not your problem, remember?" she taunted.

"Please... Mistress." Romeo begged as the cobra flashed it fangs.

"Oh don't worry, knowing Lyall he'll try being the hero." she mused glaring at him.

"Come on! I'm the one you want, take me!" Bradwr cried, about to rush forward but Lyall grabbed his shoulder. "What the fuck man? I-"

"You're just pester it more." Lyall stated staring at the cobra. "One wrong move and he'll be dead in no time flat."

"Smart boy, I like you." Medusa said patting Natasha's head. "Ease up girl, me and the wolf are gonna talk terms." and sure enough the snake creased her hissing.

"No one has to die Medusa. Take your cobra off of him and we can work something out. Don't drag anyone else into this." he took a bold step forward. "Let's just discuss this, just me and you."

"Oh I beg to differ, someone has to die today." her slender fingers trailed back to Natasha, who finally slithered off of Romeo and back into the sleeve of Medusa's pantsuit. "But I'm willing to make somewhat of an agreement, on my terms of course."

He narrowed his eyes.

"What sort of agreement?"

"Oh not much, a game of chance and risk. A fair way to settle things." she informed.

"So let me get this straight, you want me to play a game?" he questioned.

"Indeed."

"And if I win this game?"

"Bradwr is all yours, I give you my word. And I stay true to my word as long as the other upholds their own. Everything works out in the end just fine, I mean look at Scarlett. I say we rather both had perfect outcomes, wouldn't you say so Miss Scarlett?"

"Of course, I owe you more then I ever could give." Scarlett said as Medusa smirked.

"Oh don't be so modest my dear, you given me more then I could ever ask."

"You are too kind Medusa."

"You're working for this scaly freak now?! Damn it Scarlett have you lost you're damn mind?!" Bradwr yelled.

"Fuck you, you worthless piece of trash! I'm surprise Jersey kept you around!" Scarlett hissed.

"At least my parent is alive!" Bradwr yelled.

"BASTARD!"

"WEIRDO BITCH !"

"PATHETIC EXCUSE FOR A FABLE!"

"ONE EYED FREAK!"

"I FAKED EVERY ORGASM!"

"HOW DO YOU FAKE SO MANY ORGASMS?!"

"I JUST DO, OKAY?!"

"Well, this certainly got awkward." Lyall grumbled lighting up a cigarette to mask the scent of vanilla. Both were arguing back and fourth like children... Two very inappropriate children that is

"Ahem," a soft cough from Medusa made the pair of exes stop their bickering.

"Ah, forgive me. " Scarlett said, her freckled cheeks turning a bright red.

"No harm done darling, I'd say you earned it." she turned and faced Lyall. "Now, onto this little game. I thought it up just for you Lyall."

"Just for me? I'm flattered."

"Pretty full of yourself, aren't you? Then I'm sure you're enjoy a game where the odds are somewhat in your favour." Medusa gestured to a large white cloth covering what he guessed was a table and a few chairs."Scarlett, if you may."

"Of course." and sure enough she made her way over to the cloth and took it off. Lyall's guess was certainly right, a wooden oak table with two matching chairs.

"What kind of game are you talking about?" Lyall asked.

"Have a seat and I'll explain, you too Romeo." Medusa instructed. "No ones gonna die just yet."

Exchanging an uneasy glance with Romeo the two sat down.

"Okay, what the hell are we doing?" Lyall asked taking a drag of his cigarette.

"Scarlett, if you may." she ordered as Scarlett dug through her pockets and retrieved a handful of silver bullets, she was about to place them on the table but suddenly pulled back quickly.

"Put that out."

"Excuse me? " he asked raising an eyebrow at her.

"Your cigarette, put it out."

"Why?"

"Just do it!"

In no mood to debate about this Lyall dropped the cigarette on the ground and stomped it out. Scarlett let out a sigh of relief and placed the bullets on the table, then shortly after that a empty gun, in his guess a spare one she kept just in case.

"The name of the gun is Russian Roulette, rules are simple. You spin the gun, and take aim at your head. If you're lucky you survive to take another turn."

"And if not?"

"Then Scarlett here will have to mop up the mess." Medusa informed.

"With all due respect I should be doing this," Scarlett spoke up. "If anyone's going to be responsible for the Wolf's demise then let it be me."

"I can let you do that, you are far too valuable and useful to me. Beside's, you're my body guard, my right hand women, my protege. Romeo's just an errand boy."

"Eh, shut up!" Bradwr hissed.

"Why don't you button your yap before I do it for you?" Scarlett sneered.

Medusa smirked as she took the revolter and added one sliver bullet into the chamber of the gun and handed it off to Romeo.

"Let the games begin."

XXX

And here we are, next chapter will wrap up this short story!

• October Halloween Challenge

Part 1: The Call

The city of Fabletown was tucked into a blanket of stars and the moon as their luminous night light. The noise of the city continued, as it played the nightly lullaby. Several blocks into the city, near Central Park, was a family; six sleeping shildren cuddled into their sheets, holding their treasured stuffed toys, as their parents continued upstairs.

The music played dimly, as the candle light danced along the curtains and walls. Georgie Porgie and his wife Lyla were currently engaged in an intense lasciviousness; anything regarding to sexual contact was about 95% of the time out of the question these past few months. Georgie and Lyla managed to have a few private moments before there were tiny knocks at their bedroom door. With the children weary from the day's activitites, Georgie and Lyla took on this opportunity for copulation.

Some time into the process, the phone rang. Lyla peeked over Georgie's shoulder and watched the light flicker.

"Georgie, sweetie-"

Georgie sat up, annoyed. "Love, let it go to voice mail-"

"What if its an emergency?"

"They will call again..."

Lyla watched the phone vibrate on the table, the light as bright as the moon outside their window. Lyla rolled over, walked over and handed georgie his phone. Georgie sighed and sunk into the bed; he covered his face with the pillow and proceeded to erupt into a fit.

Lyla cocked her hips, placing her free hand gently upon it. "Answer and we can continue. Stop being a baby..."

Georgie snatched the phone. "Swear to God, this better BE 'mportant, love..."

Georgie pushes the green button on his iphone. "Hello?" Static. "Hello...Gren, is this you?"

"Have you checked the children?"

Georgie sat up, frantically looking around the room. "Who the fuckin' bloody 'ell is this?! Some kind of fuckin' joke!?"

Lyla, out of fear, grabs Georgie's shoulder. "Sweetie, who is it?"

The voice continues. "The children, Georgie Porgie...have you checked the children..."

Unclothed, Georgie jumps out of bed. He wraps a robe around his bare body and heads down the hall, the phone still attatched to his ear. Lylya quickly follows Georgie. Georgie opens Peter and Ethan's room; he runs his palm over their mouth and feels hot air. He carefully inspects their sleeping bodies. Nothing. Without a word, he runs to Junior's room. The boy is fast asleep, snuggling with his Teddy. Lyla catches up to Georgie.

"GEORGIE! What in God's holy name are you doing!?"

Georgie rushes past Lyla and looks into Penny and Katie's room; their window is wide open, allowing the wind from outside to fill their bedroom. Georgie walks over and gently closes it. He looks at his daughters, both lost in their childish dreams of candy and Bubble Gum castles.

"Georgie-" Lyla watches him walk to Emily's room. "Georgie!"

Ignoring Lyla's calls, he lifts the sheet covering Emily's face. Her mouth is extensive, as a tiny trail of drool falls down. Georgie walks out, phone still in hand.

"Who the bloody devil is this!?"

"You have seven days..." Then, a click and the call has ended.

"Georgie, will you answer me!? Who was that!?"

Georgie shuts the phone off and grabs Lyla's hand.

"Nothing...prank call, I 'uppose. C'mon-let's go back to bed."

"Are you sure? Georgie, you are sweating and you ran rampid all over the place, checking the children."

Georgie smiled. "I'm...I'm fine, love. Spooked, I guess. Typical mundy teenager behavior..."

Lyla dropped the topic, as she and Georgie returned to their bedroom.

The next morning, all six children were up; Peter and Emily watched cartoons, while Katie and Ethan tried attempting to pour Milk into cereal.

"Mom will be up soon." Junior stood by and watched. "Can't you guys wait like five minutes?"

Katie tosses a marsmellow at his head. "No Lucky Charms for you, then."

No sooner had he said this, Lyla and Georgie headed downstairs.

"Katie, Ethan what are you two doing?"

"Morning, mommy! Makin' Cereal!"

Georgie opens the newspaper. "Be careful, you two..."

"I thought you kids wanted pancakes today?"

Peter and Emily peek over the couch. "Oooh....Pancakes...."

Lyla walks into the kitchen and prepares the batter. Six little children follow her, as each take a seat by the counter. They watch her add flour, bakin powder, eggs and cream; Penny whisks all the ingredients together, as Emily and Junior help cut up various fruits. Lyla looks over at Georgie, struggling to keep awake. Since the call, he stayed awake; Lyla caught him this morning sitting in the hallway, watching the doors.

"More coffee, Georgie?"

Georgie holds up his cup. "Nah, love. Got plenty. Thank ya'..."

Just then, the cellphone rings. Georgie nearly drops the cup, as he runs over and grabs it.

"Who the bloody fuck is this!?"

"Georgie! Seriously!?"

"Whoa, whoa, whoa-bad morning, Porgie?"

"Gren..."

"Gees, next time I'll send a fuckin' text saying I'll be callin' ya."

"What do you want?"

"Did you or Lyla receive a really weird phone call last night about the kids?"

Georgie's heart sank. "Yes..."

"I told Carla it has to be a bunch of punk ass kids, right?"

Georgie's hands began to shake. "Yeah....must be a prank...."

"Hold on, Porgie. I'm gettin' another call."

As Georgie stood waiting for Gren's return, Lyla cooked the Pancakes. She watched, as Georgie paced around the room, rubbing his neck.

"Sweetie, you okay? Who is that?"

Georgie looks over. "Gren-"

"Oh. What's he wanting?"

Before Georgie could answer, Gren returns. "Georgie..."

He does not like the sound of Gren's voice. "What the fuck-"

"That...that was Hans. He got the same call last night, too. Apparently, ALL of Fabletown got some call last night..."

Georgie hung up the phone and looked over at his family. Worried, Lyla walked over.

"Georgie, what is going on?"

"I think Fabletown might be in danger, Lyla...."

Part 2 soon :) This took me awhile to figure out an Urban Legend. I decided to go with the unknown caller over the phone. Only THIS time, it comes with a twist; a curse now spewed all over Fabletown. What will happen as the days go on? My original idea was to do something with Pandora's box but it wasn't considered 'Urban Legend'; plus, could do more with this idea.

• October

Dear Diary:

Georgie Porgie here. Lyla is in the shower right now; sure she wouldn't mind me adding a few little enteries to this thing.

Its Sunday and tonight, Lyla is making Liver and Onions for supper. I know; it SOUNDS fuckin' disgusting and when we first began dating , I had my bloody doubts but the way SHE cooks it; diary, I swear you would think it was Steak or something. Then she does this little thing to the onions. I don't know; if you could talk, I'm fuckin' sure you'd ask. Oops...said the 'F' word again.

Last night was fun. I can't remember the last time I was able to step foot into a social event and not be ridiculde; Holly came up to me during the night and gave me a hug; she gave me a friendly compliment on the children and congratulated me on the marriage. I sincerly expressed regret for what I had done in the past; the time I spent doing hard labor at the Farm, allowed me to REALLY reflect on the actions and anguish I caused. Holly forgave me. That's all I ever wanted. :) Also, mental note; keep Gren away from the Shrimp Cocktail. 'Nuff said....

Nancy came over earlier and showed the kids how to make their own candles; she had eight Mason jars and each of the kids decorated how they saw fit. She showed them how to place leaves, cinnamon sticks and other various objects inside. Nancy is exceptionally handy and creative; the wax was even homemade, as she and the kids added assorted smells. The one burning in our room has the aroma of Apple pie. The kids were pleased with the activity; Junior, especially, enjoys the simple things in life. Give that kid paper and a pencil and he's entertained for hours.

Ethan's Chicken Pox have vanished; he said he'll miss his Oatmeal baths. That child...something else sometimes. Emily is getting the flu, however; she woke up vommiting and can barely keep her food down. We took her to Swineheart early this morning and it is the Stomach bug. Fingers crossed none of the other kids are ill but that won't happen; one get's sick, they ALL get it. Lyla and I bought plenty of medication to keep around; Emily HATES taking that Pepto Bismol shit but it helps with the stomach bubbles.

Tomorrow I have to get large bags of Candy; Halloween is less than two weeks away and gotta prepare. We are going to a party that night in town and we wanted to participate in handing out the treats, while the kids engage in varied activities. There will be a costume contest that night; I wasn't going to but when I found out some of the other guys are signing up, thought why not? Plus, winner gets not only a $100 gift certificate but an Xbox one; comes with controller, games and Xbox live free for six months. Junior, Peter, Ethan and I can already see it....

Well, better be going myself. The Mrs. just got out of the shower and this Brit is ready to have London bridge fall down. ;) Too much? No. Alright, I'll keep it. Ya' know that was funny, love. xoxo

Until next time. Georgie Porgie

Sign in to comment in this discussion.