Start a Story, be your own Fable. (Create a Fable Thread)

Comments

• Again, it warms be to see that all the Fables actually care about Penny's debacle. Even Jersey is getting pouty because he can't beat Oliver's ass up XD

Hope is about as sweet as Lyla, I swear <3 Must've gotten it from her!

Oh Madeline :) She's too awesome. She seems like a quiet one, doesn't talk much but does amazing things. I think she's one of my favorites, next to Hope and Bella.

Emily is a damn whip XD I absolutely love her. The jokes she cracks are amazing and when Jersey called her Georgie, I smiled because it's too true.

Pocahontas is one of my all time favs <3 And interesting. You've really got my brain twisting with the whole Oliver deal. I'm not sure WHAT to think now. I still don't think he and Penny should be together anymore, but.....Damn, my head hurts. CAN NOT wait for the next chapter :)

Emily, you devil XD

pudding_pie posted: »

Chapter 25 No mountain too great Oliver had seemed to vanish overnight; no one was able to contact or locate his current wherabouts. T

• LOL No, I DON'T think you are a bad person cause that's what I was going to do...XD

It was tough for Ethan, believe it or not. I almost gave him Envy or Sloth but pride seemed to fit him better. And as far as Peter goes, he doesn't know any better; just acting out feelings he has yet to understand one day. I'll eventually explain more in regards to him and Bigby in later stories. :)

And Bigby IS nasty; Blue would look wonderful with facial hair. I had to go back and make sure I DIDN'T put beard. XD

EMMYPESS posted: »

Ah, nasty XD Bigby, he has a bad one, that's for sure. At first, I read it as "Boy Blue was growing a beard" and for a second I was like,"We

• edited October 2014

I can tell that you took my comment seriously, the thing is: don't take it seriously. :) This was merely a random thought that popped in my head.

If you are expecting a serious answer: it was because of the way how Georgie and Peter were looking at the distance, sort of similar to how Weird Al and his crew were looking at the distance near the music video's end. Does that make sense? (remember what I said earlier, random thought)

JJwolf posted: »

This song reminds you of that image? I....I don't understand. Explain...

• Thank you. I know it came out of nowhere, but, it reminded me of it. You can see my answer above if you're wondering as to why I compared the song to your picture. :)

LOL Seems like something Peter would enjoy while playing on his Xbox one. XD Random but I loved it!

• Part 5

'Lust'

WARNING: Some serious language, detail and action will take place in this chapter. If you are easily offended, do not even bother reading this. :) It IS Lust....

Enjoy.

The following afternoon seemed quiet; so far, nothing new had evolved in the Porgie house. Georgie called Snow to clarify the current status. She updated him on the Witches busy trying to remove the curse.

"Who ever is doing this knows some pretty powerful magic."

"No luck findin' the fucka' that did this?"

"No, Georgie. We had to remove Bigby from the premises; he has turned to goo and is struggling to move around. Blue and I are doing are best but..."

"Just, call me when you do find something out."

"How are the children?"

Georgie looked over. "Well, so far Ethan, Peter and Emily are showing the sins. Today, nothing has happened."

"Hm. None of the others have changed?"

"Nope...same old kids and wife."

Snow was silent for a few seconds. "Keep an eye out. This guy may be watching and waiting."

"What do ya' mean?"

"Georgie, if he is capable of cursing this entire community through the phone, then he has the ability to stalk and change things up, I'm sure."

Georgie sighed. "Yeah....I'll, uh, I'll talk to you later, Snow."

Georgie hung up. He slammed his head down and rubbed the back of his neck. All this worrying and wondering was causing tension in his neck. He heard the click click of high heels entering the room. He let out a sigh of relief. Georgie felt Lyla's fingers wrap around his shoulders, as she gently massaged them.

"My poor baby...you are so tense."

"Its alright love. Just worried-"

Lyla leaned in closer. "My poor, sweet baby. Tell you what, why don't you go sit down and relax while I make you something to eat?"

Georgie looked up and noticed the very revealing outfit; her assets were displayed perfectly, as she swayed her hips around. Lyla leaned forward again and traced her index finger along Georgie's jaw line. Her breasts were popping up like flowers in the dirt.

"Uh, Lyla-"

"Yes baby."

"That....dress. It's, ummm-"

"Do you not like it? I forgot I had this...."

"No, no! Its just...the kids-your, umm....the, uh-"

Georgie lifted his palms and cupped them below his chest. Lyla laughed.

"Oh silly! Its alright. Now go sit and I'll make you a sandwich."

Georgie quickly walked to the living room and took a seat. Emily was in the corner fighting with Katie; Ethan continued building a Metropolis out of blocks and Peter was chewing on the leg of the stuffed Wolf.

"Daddy-"

Georgie looked down and saw Junior. In his hand, he held a book.

"Yes, son."

"Will you read to me?"

Georgie pats the open spot and Junior jumps into his lap. Georgie opens the book and begins reading. Just as he begins, Lyla enters the room with a glass of Milk, Turkey sandwich and chips. She nearly shoves Georgie's face into her bosom, as she places the food on the table.

"LYLA!"

"Oh, how clumsy of me, Georgie. Excuse me..."

Junior giggles, as he pokes Georgie's cheek. "Your face is red, daddy."

Georgie clears his throat. "Let's, um, let's continue reading, son."

When Georgie completes the book, Junior thanks him, jumps down and heads to his room. Penny follows, as does Peter and Katie. Ethan eventually moves the ever growing city to his room. Georgie wonders where the hell this kid keeps getting these blocks.. Before Georgie could stand up, Lyla returns to the living room.

"Done?"

"Yes...."

"Oh sweetie, no. Let ME get it..."

Lyla leans forward, as her skin brushes up against Georgie's face. He lets out a slight moan, as she smiles and giggles. Lyla 'accidentally' drops the fork.

"Oh, oops. Clumsy me, Georgie. Here, let me get that-"

Lyla bends forward, exposing herself. She wears no panties under the dress, as Lyla shakes her hips around for a few seconds. Seductively, Lyla stands up, whips her hair back and licks her lips. Georgie, trying to contain himself, looks up at the ceiling; his fingers dig into the couch cushion, as he focuses on the ceiling fan.

"You going camping, sweetie?"

Confused, Georgie instantly looks at Lyla. "What, love?"

Lyla points down. "You're pitching a tent, sweetie..."

Georgie covers himself, trying to avoid any further embarresment. Lyla snickers and walks back into the kitchen. Georgie tried to understand her uncanny behavior.

The kids were all fed, bathed and tucked into bed for the night. Georgie stood in the bathroom, as he brushed his teeth. Lyla was in the kitchen putting away the leftovers from dinner. He looked in the mirror; his mind was boggled with the curse above his family's head; he could not understand and now, his wife was acting strange.

"Ugh, this is gonna be a long week...."

There was the squeeking of the door; the stereo turned on, as 'Closer' by Nine Inch Nails played loudly. Georgie rinsed his toothbrush.

"The bloody fuck, Lyla! The kids!"

Frustrated, Georgie opened the door.

"Lyla, the kids-"

He paused, as his naked wife stood at the end of the bed. Surrounding the room, multiple candles glimmered against the walls. In her hand, she held a whip. Lyla cracked it against the bed; the noise startled Georgie, as he backed up against the bathroom doorway.

"Lyla-"

"Come here, Georgie. I want to be invaded by England tonight. Invade my shores..."

"Lyla, sweetie-"

"Ssh, Georgie. Sit..."

Georgie smiled. "Um, look, love. We need to-"

Lyla cracks the whip. "SIT....DOWN....NOW..."

Georgie, fearful of her next move, obeyed and took a seat. Lyla placed the whip down, walked over to Georgie and straddled him. She leaned into his groin and began grinding down. Lyla licked his neck, as she forced Georgie's hands to cup her butt.

"Hey there, London. I REALLY wanna see Big Ben tonight-"

Georgie was speechless. "Lyla-what has gotten into ya', love? I mean-"

"Is this a problem, Georgie?" Lyla began digging her fingers into his boxer waistband. "I can stop if you want..."

"No, I....love, see...fuck's sake-"

Lyla pulled Georgie's boxers down. Georgie, still stunned by her abrasive behavior, sat exposed as Lyla passionatly kissed him. Georgie dug his fingers into Lyla's hair, as they rolled along the sheets. Georgie sat up and watched as Lyla opened her legs and exposed herself to him. She motioned to Georgie with her index finger, continuing to lick her lips.

"Come here, England. Put your pudding in my pie-"

Georgie could no longer hold back, as he lunged at Lyla. Th music continued in the back and as Georgie and Lyla made passionate, angry love, he finally understood her unusual behavior. But it was too late.

Lust had her arms wrapped around his neck.

Part 6 soon :)

WHEW! Sorry if this offeneded anyone but I warned ya'! XD On to the next curse: Envy. Any questions, you know the drill. <3 Hopefully we will have some images up. ;)

• LOL I loved it. Don't take JJ seriously. I saw the comment and already discussed it with him. Fool having a shit day, I guess.

Anyway, you made my day with it. :D I laughed, smiled, cried and laughed some more. They DO look like that, too. XD

Thank you. I know it came out of nowhere, but, it reminded me of it. You can see my answer above if you're wondering as to why I compared the song to your picture.

• edited October 2014

Awesome, dude, awesome. Glad you agree! You can't go wrong with a little Weird Al now and then anyway. :D

LOL I loved it. Don't take JJ seriously. I saw the comment and already discussed it with him. Fool having a shit day, I guess. Anyway, you made my day with it. I laughed, smiled, cried and laughed some more. They DO look like that, too. XD

• They are all family now; they look out for each other, even if it has nothing to do with them. If it hurts hit Katie or children, Jersey is on it. He and Penny never saw eye to eye but he is willing to do everything he can to help Katie.

I'm glad you caught on; she is very much her Nana Lyla. She sees no evil in people. :) And Madeline likes to keep her power a secret for now; as you can see, its more fun that way, considering her sisters are aware of it but not her parents. Every kids dream. XD

So many were worried Junior would be like Georgie but as you have noticed, not even close; Emily is something else and when you compare her to Georgie, she sees it as a compliment, no matter how sarcastic it is. :)

My GF and I watched that last night; its one of her favorites, as well. I had to include that in with the girls. :) And I'm glad the twists have you and the others rethinking your thoughts and feelings. :) I have an idea with all of this....

Again, it warms be to see that all the Fables actually care about Penny's debacle. Even Jersey is getting pouty because he can't beat Oliver

• If I hadn't said this before, I'm going to say this now. Emily has to be has to be my FAVORITE out of the entire clan. (sorry Penny, you're my 2nd favorite now :D) The way you have Emily purposely swear and make conservation with others is friggin' hilarious, I bet it's the classic Georgie charm doing all the work for her. ;)

That being said, this has been a good-paced chapter. Oliver's only delaying the inevitable of getting his snake body tied into a knot. (muahahah)

Chapter 25 No mountain too great Oliver had seemed to vanish overnight; no one was able to contact or locate his current wherabouts. T

• We CAN indeed blame Georgie for her charm and language skills; like I said, everyone was so worried about Junior, they didn't see this little girl wishing to one day be like her father. She is indeed a work in progress; before , Emily was just 'there' and I'm glad she's become a fav from the Porgie Clan. :)

I have an idea with Oliver and what is really going on. XD

If I hadn't said this before, I'm going to say this now. Emily has to be has to be my FAVORITE out of the entire clan. (sorry Penny, you're

• Elora blinked a few times.

"Elora? The answer to number 5, please?" The teacher repeated, a little annoyed at her delayed response.

"What? Oh, uhm," She looked down at her paper. There wasn't an answer on number five. "..Pass?"

Exasperated, the teacher called on another student to answer the question. Elora's head started hurting from excessive thinking. Was that her out there? Was she day dreaming?

It must have been a day dream.

The bell rang shortly after that, so she scooped her books up and headed to 4th period. The halls were crowded with students and various teachers. She passed her favorite teacher, Mr. Erland, and gave a warm smile. He always seemed odd to her, like he was hiding a secret, and that was what Elora loved most about him. One day she'd figure it out. For now, she could only make up some sort of ridiculous back story for the guy. It pertained to alien invasions and pink robotic teddy bears who, when you shot their heads off, created rainbows in the sky. Yeah, he was definitely involved in that sort of stuff.

Stopping at her locker to switch her books out, she felt someone bump into her hard.

"Hey, watch where you're-" Elora froze as soon as she saw who it was. It was her.

Whoever this impostor was, she didn't look happy to see Elora, and took off in the opposite direction. All Elora could do was watch the girl run off. Something was wrong. Her duplicate smelled....strange. Familiar. Her heightened senses began to twitch, but she quickly brushed the feelings off.

She decided this was something to investigate after English. Maybe during lunch, or gym.

Noah lay in his bed impatiently, waiting for the moon to rise high in the sky. His siblings were in bed again, and the anxiety was creeping up on him hastily. He needed to see her as soon as possible, and get this over with. Part of him didn't want her to come. He wanted to have as much time with her as possible before hearing her tale. He didn't want her to have to go so soon.

The door to his room slid open silently, only creaking when it was wide.

He stood and approached her. She seemed to glow in the darkness, like a flickering flame. His hand touched her face softly.

"Where to, this night?" He whispered. She seemed uncomfortable, like she'd betrayed him and didn't want him to ever have to see her again. Without word, she led him out of the apartment, the joy that normally accompanied her mood completely absent.

"Is there anywhere we can go that's private? Well, more private than the places we've been?"

Noah nods. "I like going to the state park not far from here. I can take us there."

"Is it far?" Sara Jane asked.

He shook his head. "I can get us there really quick."

"How?"

"I can fly."

Noah took her and, his body shifting into the air. She squealed, a brief sense of her prior attitude showing through the somber one. He lifted her onto his back and took off, high above the apartment buildings and away from mundy eye. Thank God tonight was cloudy. It took twenty minutes to arrive at the location, a very pitch black expanse of unguarded land, filled with tall trees and baseball fields. He took her to his favorite spot, near the creak. As a child, his mother took them to swim there, and they were also allowed to assume their natural forms. Once he'd landed, he took her to a log on it's side that had always been used as a bench to sit on.

"It's gorgeous here," She said, her voice warming up. Noah kept his hands tightly wound around her, never wanting to let go. It was then that he noticed her silvery eyes, not completely white, but such a light silver that it nearly came across that way. He thought they were absolutely stunning.

They sat there, much like in the zoo, watching the water flow by at a lazy pace. He tossed a few rocks, listening to the bobbing sound they made.

"I really like it here," Sara Jane said. Her cold skin against Noah's warm skin created a general chill down his spine. Hesitating, he took her into his arms, hugging her tightly. "I don't want you to go away," He told her.

"What? But-" Sara started. Noah's finger pressed against her lips, and then when he let go, he pressed his lips onto her lips.

"Don't tell me how you died. I don't need to know that." He said, after giving her the peck. Her cheeks were rosy now, a little warmer than the rest of her.

"O...Okay," She replied. Their faces were inches away from each other, and she felt as his nose rubbed against her cheek. It felt nice to her.

"Tell me about your baby," He whispered. "If you're comfortable, that is."

She only nodded. "I-....It was a long time ago. I-" she began to choke up a little. "He, um.... I was told of a Union invasion coming to the town I'd been living in. I wanted to keep my son safe, and when I heard that my husband had died in the line of duty....I couldn't take the heartbreak. I placed my child in a basket, left him under a well traveled bridge in hopes someone would take him in. I-"

"Shh," He said. "Don't tell me how you did it."

"I killed myself." Her eyes were bloodshot with tears, the streams of wetness staining Noah's nightshirt.

Noah sighed, his arms pulling her in closer. He really was in love with the girl.

"What happens now?" She asked him. Her voice was longing and sad, like she thought this would be the end.

"We make it work," Noah told her. He had her on his leg now, her dress brushing against his skin softly.

"We make what work-...This? Us?"

He nods slowly. "I think I love you, Sara Jane. I think I'm willing to make the sacrifice of only being able to see you during the night. We can make adjustments. It could work."

"Are....you sure?" She told him. Her hands clasped the fabric of his shirt.

"More than I'll ever be."

".....Okay. We can-....We can do this. I think I love you too, Noah."

The two shared another soft kiss, listening to the sounds of the woods. A chilly breeze entered the area, not unlike the temperature of his new companion. He began to shift into a wolf under her, laying down in the grassy dirt. Her felt Sara Jane's hands comb through his fur softly. She rested her head against his body, and the two of them drifted to sleep until morning.

:) I made the executive decision to keep them together. Almost made it so that they spent one last night together, and then she would tell him despite his protests and leave, but nahhh. I think I can work with this :)

What to do with Elora though....I have a few things in mind.

• Pie explained and I feel like a douche. :( I just assumed you were making fun of the image and I got a tad defensive but...I can see what you mean after watching the video again. My bad again, Dragon. No hard feelings, dude. :)

I can tell that you took my comment seriously, the thing is: don't take it seriously. This was merely a random thought that popped in my he

• Whoa....wow...whoa....MUST DRAW THIS SCENE! XDDD :P

First off, damn! Poor guy had no choice! XD I love how he does not put two and tow together; he's like 'oh, just Lyla being herself...'

The bedroom scene. Damn, pie! You CAN paint an image in the brain. I loved this so much; it was sexy, funny and wonderfully done. Can't wait to see who is cursed with Envy AND who is distributing these out to everyone.

Part 5 'Lust' WARNING: Some serious language, detail and action will take place in this chapter. If you are easily offended, do not ev

• It's all good, I forgive you JJ. :)

JJwolf posted: »

Pie explained and I feel like a douche. I just assumed you were making fun of the image and I got a tad defensive but...I can see what you mean after watching the video again. My bad again, Dragon. No hard feelings, dude.

• Hah, I suppose Bigby can be considered a Wolfail or Snailolf now? I also think Snow slowly becoming sand is a perfect curse for her, hopefully she won't become sand entirely.

The way Ethan boasted about his amazing tower-balancing skills made me laugh, it'd be funny if Emily stole one of the shapes that's keeping the tower in balance. :P

Halloween Challenge Part 4: Pride Bigby, scratching his arm, opened the file. His skin was turning into a thick layer of mucus and sli

• Sara J. really knows how to play with a person's feelings, I still kind of don't trust her after the incident at the zoo. However, if Noah happens to see her again, maybe I could be proven wrong?

At the end, Elora may be just seeing things, maybe it's a ghost friend of Sara's who's planning to mess around with her. Hmm.

Noah was sent to his bedroom directly after his father asked the question. His mind whirled with what could possibly be wrong. His frustrati

• At least you gave us the pleasure of NOT letting us experience Etan's horrible singing.

Loved the idea of Robby being the 'Fred' of the group, I can see it happening. Redd shouting the classic Scooby Dooby Doo yell had me smiling. :)

MasterStone posted: »

The Costume Party 2 After sitting threw Etan's painful singing, it was time for a scary story. Everyone gathered around and turned all th

• My reaction to Lyla being lust:

Alt text

Not bad at all, Lyla, not bad at all...

Part 5 'Lust' WARNING: Some serious language, detail and action will take place in this chapter. If you are easily offended, do not ev

• I'm lovin' where this is goin' between Sara and Noah. I approve 100 percent!

Besides, since she's cold all the time, at least she doesn't have to worry about getting hot. :3

Elora blinked a few times. "Elora? The answer to number 5, please?" The teacher repeated, a little annoyed at her delayed response. "W

• Alt text

Georgie approves. You approve. Even Jones. Congrats, Lyla. :)

My reaction to Lyla being lust: Not bad at all, Lyla, not bad at all...

• edited October 2014

I love the romantic relationship that has been built between sara and Noah; she is meant to be this legend and be fearful but instead, you have take her character and created something entirely different and I love it. :)

Elora is what has me curious now. Can't wait to see what your mind has for her. :)

Elora blinked a few times. "Elora? The answer to number 5, please?" The teacher repeated, a little annoyed at her delayed response. "W

• The effort shows - if this first page is anything to go by, we're in for something special. :) It'll be interesting to see how Lyla and Georgie deal with it - I imagine it would be a worrying situation for them.

I'm working on the others. XD I want them PERFECT; I really think you guys will like them. I'll tell a story not yet covered when the Porgi

• And this is why I don't go anywhere near dolls in stores. It's just not worth the psychological hassle.

Whatever's happened, I trust in the Fabled Avengers to sort it out! :)

MasterStone posted: »

The Costume Party 2 After sitting threw Etan's painful singing, it was time for a scary story. Everyone gathered around and turned all th

• I want to be invaded by England tonight.

Seriously, I've got to note that line down somewhere. xD And where is Ethan getting all those blocks from, I wonder.

• After watching that Takei video, I can imagine him reading this chapter. It's oddly soothing. :P

My reaction to Lyla being lust: Not bad at all, Lyla, not bad at all...

• The relationship between Sara Jane and Noah is really touching; I'm actually pretty pleased you've kept them together. ^.^

As for Elora, her predicament could get out of hand very fast! Must be pretty weird :S

• edited October 2014

Halloween

Chapter Two - A Sign Of Things To Come

As Doctor Henry Jekyll, MD, DCL, LLD - a doctor of medicine, civil laws, and law in general; and a man with something of a stylish appearance - walks his way to the Business Office under leaden and crow-filled skies, his mind is troubled by recollections of the previous night, and the news of the morning. Will Dixa leave him: that is his main worry. They'd been together a very short time, given the age to which Fables can live, and he'd always known she wasn't one to be tied down. That's one of the things he found attractive in her, though.

And then there was what she had told him over breakfast, after questioning him on where he'd been over night. He hadn't answered, which annoyed her; but her news was too important not to share. Some creature with eyes of fire at her window, she had said. A mouth that spat blue flame. Jekyll knew Dixa was not one to fall for a trick of the light, or to imagine phantoms under the effects of alcohol. So what on Earth had it been?

Sharing a friendly 'good morning' with John, the man at the Woodland's main entrance, only minutes later Henry is sat in his office, on the same floor as the Business Office and Bigby Wolf's Sheriff... Department? Henry had decided that's what it was, despite being confined to a singular and small room. Henry's office is of the same proportions: the door opening inwards, the immediate view offered to the entrant being a wide window looking out across the New York skyline. Such as great trees which have only been alive for a few years, the buildings do not yet rise to brush the sky, yet they are on their way.

To the left of the entrance sits - or, more precisely, lies, due to it's enormous weight - a dark wooden desk, that would allow three type-writers space side-by-side. Presently, there is only one. There is enough space behind the desk for a chair, next to which a row of large filing cabinets leading up to the aforementioned window. Most of the opposite wall to the cabinets is taken up by a blackboard, on which numbers are scribbled and things to do noted. Finally, a spare chair for visitors aimlessly floats - metaphorically speaking - around the room.

Rifling through his 'In' tray, Henry calculates that there's no chance his 'Out' tray will contain as much paper by the end of the day. Though specialising in science - chemistry, specifically - Henry Jekyll is a man of personal industry, and as such is well qualified in many areas, as his previously noted long title suggests. His appointment within the Business Office structure tends to be something of an advisory role: assisting with matters of Fabletown law, acting as a solicitor of sorts, occasionally helping the Sheriff on cases. The witches of the Thirteenth Floor count him as a useful aid in acquiring certain compounds. A man capable of much, yet nothing more than a cog in the machine; and his mere inclusion as a cog is a fact many dislike.

Spooling a piece of paper into his type-writer, there's a knock at the door. Without giving an answer, it's opened and in steps Bigby Wolf.

"Morning, Henry," he remarks in his usual gruff manner. "Mind if I come in?"

"You already are in, Sheriff," is the amicable reply. The two know each other well professionally, though wouldn't count the other as a close friend. In fact they wouldn't know each other at all if not for Dixa.

Bigby takes the spare seat, resting his bare arms on black trousers; the white of his rolled up shirt sleeves contrasts pleasingly with the last of his summer tan. A bronze pocket-watch chain dangles from his waistcoat as he leans forward.

"How have things been of late?" The Sheriff asks. "Done any more volunteer work at the hospital?" Bigby making small talk? This is odd.

"As a matter of fact I did, some two nights ago. I'd go on about 'things of late' if I didn't think you had an ulterior motive, though, Bigby." Henry raises an eyebrow at the wolf.

"Well, if you must know," says the Sheriff sounding a little perturbed, "I wanted to see how you were feeling about the time of year. Does things to some of us; unhelpful things. Can make it harder to control certain aspects of our character."

Henry wasn't expecting this sentiment. Nor did he know whether or not to welcome it.

"Things are fine in that department, thank you, Bigby. Nothing different in that state of affairs in years."

"Fair enough; only this is the first October you've spent working here. The stress of the job --"

"Really, Bigby. I'm fine."

"Hmm. Well you tell me if you get any urges. You're useful - wouldn't want to see anything bad happen to you."

Another sentiment Henry wasn't expecting, though this one was much more welcoming than the previous.

"Oh, well, thanks, Bigby." The Sheriff gets up to leave when there's another knock; Bigby simply walks over and opens the door, where a practical yet still elegantly dressed Snow White stands.

"Ah, Bigby," she says, in a tone suggesting she is pleased to find him. "I've got Beauty and Beast waiting in your office, wanting to report... something." Snow looks at Henry, still sitting behind his desk, and simply says, "best I wait here with you, Henry."

Bigby strides over to his office while Snow takes the spare chair.

"What's wrong, Snow?"

She raises her hand up, about to speak, before dropping it and remaining silent a moment longer. She then looks abruptly at him and asks,

"How have things been of late?"

Five minutes later, the Sheriff is back in Henry's doorway.

"You'd better come with me," he says, addressing the office's owner. That owner does not have a good feeling about the sound of Bigby's tone; he complies, though not without asking what the matter is.

"It's probably nothing, but it's something I've got to do. Come on." They both walk down the corridor to the Sheriff's office, leaving Snow to wistfully gaze out of Henry's window before returning to her own office, and the trials presented by Ichabod Crane.

Stepping through Bigby's door, Henry sees Beauty and Beast sitting on the visitor's side of the Sherriff's desk. Upon immediately seeing Henry, Beauty's nose wrinkles and her eyes narrow. She points at Henry.

"I want that man arrested!"

Henry freezes in surprise while Bigby walks over to his desk, and grumbles quietly - though not so quiet to prevent all present from hearing him -, "I told you not to do that." He takes a seat.

Henry regains himself. "What have I done to you?"

This seemingly blatant denial of knowledge arouses indignation in Beauty. "You attacked me, you fiend!"

"I've done no such damn thing!"

Bigby realizes it's time to step in. "Everyone just calm down! Beauty, you accused Doctor Henry Jekyll of attacking you earlier this morning and I've asked the Doctor in here to prove his innocence. Henry, take a se-", Bigby looks around and notices he's short on chairs. "Henry, stand there."

"Now, Beauty," continues Bigby, "I'm going to put some questions to Doctor Jekyll, and do you acknowledge and accept that I can verify whether or not the answers he gives are true or false?"

Having remained quiet so far, Beast decides he should say something. "Just a moment, Bigby. How do we know you're not going to be covering for him?" Beast nods at Henry in a distasteful manner after this valid, yet stupid question.

Bigby isn't happy about the insinuation. "Because, Beast, if what you're wife is saying is true, I agree about having this lunatic locked up, whoever it may be."

Beast is assuaged by the answer.

The Sheriff once more turns to Henry, who has begun fidgeting in order to stop his legs from going stiff. Beauty notices this.

"See! He's acting guilty!" And Bigby shoots her a look that would make a rabbit die on the spot.

"Henry," Bigby begins. "Where were you this morning at approximately ten minutes past eight?"

The answer comes immediately. "At home, having breakfast with my partner."

"And there we have the truth, folks."

"Really? After one question?" Asks Beauty in disbelief.

"Yes, after one question. He wasn't out when you were attacked, ergo it wasn't him. Why you were so certain it was the good Doctor here I don't entirely know."

"Oh, please," responds Beauty. "You know his story - who he was. Is. He hasn't been here long and we've had problems with new Fables before now."

That was true, reflects Bigby. Only a few decades ago, creatures from Wonderland had appeared, and while not evil in nature they had caused something of a ruckus.

"The incident with the Jabberwocky is something I don't need reminding of, thank you." He had the scars as an aide-mémoire for that. "But the attacker was not Doctor Henry Jekyll."

This did not put Beauty at ease. "Well, who the hell was it then?"

"If I may ask," strikes up Henry, "just what is it that happened to you?"

"I suppose there's no harm in telling you, if it isn't you." She pauses, waiting for a re-confirmation that it isn't the Doctor, but none comes, so she carries on sullenly. "Beast and I were coming home from a party that had gone on for all hours, mainly due to the weather preventing us guests from leaving. I was walking down one of those alleys off Amsterdam Avenue, when this thing dropped down from a rooftop right in front of me. I say 'I was walking' because Beast had stopped a while earlier to buy a paper from a boy and I had gone ahead to get breakfast going. Anyway, the sun had started to rise but there was still some shadow in the alley.

"I don't think it saw me at first - some dust had risen from it's landing. Oh! But then it saw me! I took a step back - it was looking straight at me with burning eyes, and it was so tall. For every backwards step I made it came two forward! In the light I saw it to be wearing a helmet of a design similar to the ones Mundies wore when we first came here from the Homelands, and it's hair came out from under it. It had a long black coat on, too, with a high collar." Using her hand, Beauty makes a line in the air from her ear down to her mouth, to show the height of said collar. "The coat was unbuttoned - it almost looked like a cape it was so long, but it was definitely a coat. Below it was this sanguine, blood-red waistcoat."

"You got an awfully good look at it," remarks Henry, who is alert to the similarities of the description to what Dixa told him.

"If you had seen it, you would not forget it." Her previous anger at him has dispersed at this recollection that alarms her so; she continues. "Suddenly, it was right in front of me! There were some ten steps between us and in a blink it had covered the distance! It grabbed both my shoulders - I couldn't look at it's face! It was sort of human - twisted! - I looked away and saw it's mottled hands had claws, with which it was holding me! One of it's hands started to go down my arm, it's claws ripping my sleeve."

Henry hadn't been able to see the arm the creature had damaged from where he was standing, but Beauty turned and it was now clear to him. The fabric was raggedly cut, and stained with Beauty's blood.

"I could feel an intense heat coming from it's face, as if it should have burned me. Oh, my. Thank goodness Beast came around the corner when he did!"

"And then what happened?" Henry asks with urgency.

"Beast shouted - he'd started transforming. The thing backed off - I had my eyes closed."

"The thing jumped," Beast says. "It jumped about 10ft onto a roof, and then again to the rooftops. It just jumped - right from where it stood." This sight had left an impression on Beast.

A few seconds pass while the four of them contemplate the account of the attack, when Henry hears a loud bang behind him. He looks into the corridor, where a door has clearly been thrust open by Flycatcher, because Flycatcher, in his grey overalls, is running towards him.

"Out of the way, Doc!" He shouts at Henry, who steps aside and allows Fly to grab the doorframe and pant for a brief moment.

"Sh... Sheriff! Prince Charming's been -- been murdered!"

I'll admit now that is does seem rather unlikely that Charming's been murdered, so think on that what you will. Otherwise, I'm hoping it's not too wordy. Should it be more succinct; would it be easier to read if it were? I worry about these things.

Also, if you don't know the story of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, I will be explaining it in a later chapter so it's not necessary to know it, if you wonder whether or not you should look it up. Of course, you can if you'd like to.

• October

Alt text

Dear Diary: Peter is such a sweetheart. He adores his father; I'm very pleased they have a special bond and it shows. It was never like this sadly; that was a tough month and I was worried for both Peter and Georgie. But it worked out; that boy worships the ground Georgie walks on, as Georgie loves his son with all his heart and soul.

Well, Miss Emily returned home early this morning. She claimed the television and couch the second she stepped into the house. Gren came by with his old school Teenaged Mutant Ninja Turtle DVD's he bought online; Emily was exhilarated to have her uncle here to visit. She adores him; all the kids love their uncle Gren. He's just a big kid himself sometimes. He brought over Lucky Charms, too; its adorable watching them sit on that couch, blanket wrapped around and watching the show. The others joined as well.

Today the eight of us are going to the mall. Its officially here; the cold weather is all around and the kids need some new clothes. Georgie does, too. Hre HATES the mall; its like taking a child to the Dentist. I can't tell who is worse half the time. Plus, he's so lean and has very extended legs, so he's going to have to come with me no matter what. I TRIED buying him pants and either its too small or too long. All but Peter and Ethan have this problem.

Later on today I'm going to bake some Persimmon cookies. The girls, especially Katie, wants to learn how to make them. Junior, too, is curious because of WHAT they are made of. I'm excited because Georgie has never had these before. I can't wait to get these baking in the oven for them to try. Was sure I had made these before but I guess not; Chocolate Chip are the winners half the time in the house and I don't mind. I love Fall because of this very reason; bake, bake, bake and more baking. :)

Tonight the kids have that Tricky Tray fundraiser at their school. We bought hundreds of tickets for the kids. Emily is begging one of her siblings to add a lot of their tickets so she could win the bike. There is food, games and sometimes a contest while the kids and parents participate in the fundraiser. Georgie offered the volunteer this year. I'm surprised but honored he's coming out of his shell and participating in these events. The kids love when their father goes to these things.

Well, better be going. I THINK I heard Penny. Her fever is going down but tonight, she stays home. Thank GOD uncle Gren is here. :)

Until next time. <3 Lyla Porgie

All I will post; if I have time, I will add my Halloween challenege but not till later. JUST got a phone call in regards to my sister; she is in the hospital, so I will be gone most of the day. Her surgery is at 2, so I called work, e-mailed my classes and will be heading to the Hospital later. :

• Hope your sister recovers quickly!

I can see Gren digging Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles :P Georgie does seem impatient when it comes to shopping; speaking of colder weather, I wonder if he has a fur-linked bowler hat? xD Lovin' the picture. :)

October Dear Diary: Peter is such a sweetheart. He adores his father; I'm very pleased they have a special bond and it shows. It was

• Hey call me. You have me worried. I hope she is alright!

I loved this! I can picture Georgie throwing a fit about the clothes.

I love that picture so much!!

I just adore Lyla and the Porgie kids. :D Such a freaking cute family!

October Dear Diary: Peter is such a sweetheart. He adores his father; I'm very pleased they have a special bond and it shows. It was

• It seems like everyone approves this decision I made <3 Thank goodness for that!

I have an odd predicament with Ms. Elora. There are two completely different ways to go upon doing her story, and I'm honestly at a crossroads at this point. It's originally based off of another legend from the site, and I have no idea how far I want to stray from it. Meh, we'll see how it goes.

I love the romantic relationship that has been built between sara and Noah; she is meant to be this legend and be fearful but instead, you h

• Awesome, glad you think that <3

Like I stated above, I have some difficulties choosing what to do, because choosing either one completely changes her story one way or the other.Hopefully I can sort it out :L

LupineNoir posted: »

The relationship between Sara Jane and Noah is really touching; I'm actually pretty pleased you've kept them together. ^.^ As for Elora, her predicament could get out of hand very fast! Must be pretty weird :S

• edited October 2014

Sweet. I originally didn't intend this type of thing to happen, I was actually going to make Sara an evil force at first. But nah, I'm a sucker for love stories <3

Elora's might be something else, however.

I'm lovin' where this is goin' between Sara and Noah. I approve 100 percent! Besides, since she's cold all the time, at least she doesn't have to worry about getting hot.

• edited October 2014

Hehe, this sort of pertains to fables. Well, yes, it does actually. Whatever. I went idea 'shopping' by typing in cosplays to do for halloween (I decided this year that I wouldn't choose the stereotypical halloween store costumes, and go for something more abstract.)

Found this:

Alt text

If I were talented and looked enough like Mary to pull this off, I would totally do it.

Alas, I am no artist (As I have stated NUMEROUS times XD) but it's nice to dream! Still looking for ideas :P

I was also thinking of going as Rose Red, but in TWAU form (Highlighted lines to show facial feature, etc.) Since, I have almost the exact hairstyle she has. (Slightly longer than Mary's, and completely red.) I would need some temporary hair spray since my hair is brown (Maybe I should just get a haircut and go as Mary after all XD), but I think I could do it :) Just one of many ideas.

• Meeting her cousin Carter as soon as the bell rang, Elora and him took a walk to a deli about a block away from the school. She would ask him, since he knew a lot about the shape-shifting universe.

"You've got a doppelganger, now?" He asked, his teeth sinking into his sandwich.

Elora nods, dipping fries into ketchup. "Yeah, she looked identical to me. And worse, I think she might be invisible or something, because no one else saw her but me. And, she also smelled familiar. Can you believe that?"

"I can believe the first part. The invisible part....I think you're mother told me about a few different cloaking spells a long time ago. She could be using one of those. And smelling familiar? Do you think the impostor is a shape-shifter like me, and not a legitimate twin you've never met before?"

Elora shrugs, tossing her empty paper plate in the trash. "Seems the case. Didn't look happy to see me, not in the least. Like she was afraid of me, or something."

"Weird. We should talk to your parents about it."

"Maybe," Elora said,"Or....We can investigate ourselves."

Carter and her exchanged sly looks. This is going to happen.

"Team Red?"

"Bloody hell Team Red," Carter said.

Elora pulled her cellphone out, tapping the screen to search for her Aunt's number. She texted Rose, asking her to pick them up after school. Despite the bizarre nature of the situation, Elora felt excited to be doing 'spy' work. Anything for a thrill, that girl did. And Carter, he was always her side-kick.

Noah made sure to get back home this time, right before sunrise. He slumped on the couch, sharing one last kiss with Sara before she started to fade with the incoming light.

"We'll have to figure it all out," He told her. "It can't be hard, right?"

"No, it shant," She said. Noah chuckled.

"You're using old words again. You really haven't been out much, have you?"

Despite her paleness, she managed to blush,"Right. I'll see you at night. Talk to your parents, alright? Make sure they're okay with it."

"No problem," He said. Their hands clasped together, he felt her fading away, this being the first time he'd seen it happen. She shared one last smile before disappearing completely.

And then, his alarm clock in his room was going off. Reluctantly, he got up to get ready for the school day.

So, I made that hard decision I was trying to make. Took a good while, but I did it. I hope you liked this chapter, more to come :)

• edited October 2014

October 23rd

Dear Diary,

Hey. This is Tim. My wife has stated numerous times that even I should do this. She said something about reading online that it's 'Good for the Soul', which I'm not going to argue is false, but I believe my soul is in pretty good shape. Anyway, I'm sitting in the living room with my leg up. It hurts every now and then, especially after long work hours. My cubs are just getting home, kicking snow off their boots. The snow came early this year, that's for sure. Normally, we don't see any until early December, sometimes late November. It's only a couple inches, but still. Interesting, right?

The past couple of days have been interesting, in the least. Tons of family gatherings. Another one of our friends had a baby. Morgan, to be exact. She's got three now, which is amazing. Their oldest, Wendy, has a birthday on Halloween, so she'll be tagging along with her 'favorite' cousins this year. Saw pictures on the computer of her in her costume, a cute bumblebee. Morgan's newest is named Arthur Ywain Pan. Isn't that cute? I guess, I don't know. Cute isn't a term in my 'man' vocabulary. Poor John Micheal, he's stuck in the middle now. I saw the toddler pouting when Morgan wouldn't give him her full attention. Wendy seems to be unfazed though, probably because she already went through that stage when John was born.

Which, brings me to the title of mine and Harmony's latest disagreement. She refuses to call them fights, and I agree with her on that one. I want more kids. She still wants to wait. Keeps saying our kids are enough for now. I don't know, I just....I guess I wish they were little babies again, you know? I guess we'll see. Hopefully one day, I suppose.

Had to take Scarlett to another doctor's appointment. Swineheart says she's doing excellent, her limp is almost barely noticeable. He said this is as much of an improvement she'll have, but I'm happy she doesn't need a crutch anymore. At least she can walk without the fear of falling, like me. Her hair is growing really long, just like her Mother's hair. The other two girls keep their hair in bobs, which is also really nice. I keep trying to get Robbie to cut his hair, but I think he's still a little afraid since last time. Accidentally nipped his ear, a little bit of blood but he was okay.

How long are these supposed to be? I don't know, Harmony's entries are like books. She's really good at telling stories. I caught her typing up on the computer an autobiography of sorts the other day. Read it while she was out of the room. Wrote about her journey to Fabletown all those years ago and what-not. Not like she hasn't told me before, but it's interesting. She never told me she liked writing, maybe it's something she recently discovered liking.

I guess this is all, for now. I'll maybe write more in the next few days, but I'm not particularly in a rush to do so. Heh, who am I kidding? You'll be lucky if you see me again before November.

~Tim

• Surgery sucks :( I hope she'll recover well. Glad you can get time allowed off of classes and see her. I know certain colleges don't tolerate absences of any kind.

Love the picture <3 Little Peter, it's good that he loves Georgie :) I don't know why, but I think he wouldn't be so angry at Bigby if he knew the truth at an earlier age? Maybe if he wasn't...I don't know what word I want to use....sheltered? That sounds a little overboard, but I think that Georgie and Lyla should have told him at least a little bit more than he actually knows. But who am I to tell people what to do, right? At least it works out later, in the end :) Can't wait for more of an elaboration, in future chapters.

Aw man, Gren brought the Ninja Turtles and the Charms. Now THAT'S what I call a good afternoon ;)

Those tall Porgie legs XD I have an issue where My legs are too short, lol. Gotta get the 'Petite' size on my pants, otherwise they're too long and need to be cut >.< I think I get them from my mom, since my dad is gigantic and my mom is shorter than me.

<3 Like I've said a bunch of times, Lyla is too sweet :)

• Man, England invades everything. :D

I want to be invaded by England tonight. Seriously, I've got to note that line down somewhere. xD And where is Ethan getting all those blocks from, I wonder.

• edited October 2014

I'm really surprised Beast is taking this rather well given how his wife was grabbed and sort of harmed by the monster, I guess him scaring the creature made up for it, I suppose.

Nevertheless, it seems Mr. Jekyll is telling the truth. I still think the monster was him. :P

Also, you mentioned your wording, maybe you can try keeping it a little concise? It's your choice if you want to keep it descriptive, though. :)

Halloween Chapter Two - A Sign Of Things To Come As Doctor Henry Jekyll, MD, DCL, LLD - a doctor of medicine, civil laws, and law in g

• Whatever you want, as long you have a sort of nightmarish curse in your story somewhere. :)

Sweet. I originally didn't intend this type of thing to happen, I was actually going to make Sara an evil force at first. But nah, I'm a sucker for love stories Elora's might be something else, however.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.