Start a Story, be your own Fable. (Create a Fable Thread)

Comments

• Chapter 28

'Stand out'

Malcom was aware of the situation in regards to Hope. He was alone in the Council office, searching through the books upon books flooding his desk. He had spoke to Katie earlier; the rage darkened deep in his body, as the thought of Oliver's intentions made him seek revenge even more.

For awhile, the mighty Werewolf turned and destryoed half the office. Shreds of paper was coating the wooden floors, scraps of book binding an other various objects hung along the walls, curtains and windows. His thought was focused on Hope; why Oliver felt the need to attack the Leeds family was a question he often asked himself since day one.

After several moments of pacing and grunting, Malcom returned to his human self and continued searching. The book her brought earlier to Katie was covered in highlighted areas and several marks of various colors. Malcom sat in his chair, as he flipped through the pages.

"Come one." He spoke to the pages, as if they understood. "I know you are in here..."

All these things would come in time; that's what he was told and the answers they all seeked would eventually be told in time. Sadly, Malcom knew they were running out of it; no one was there to assist them and he knew everyone was on their own. Malcom came across the 'Viper' chapter. His teeth began to grind against one another. How could he have not noticed this? His keen sense of smell was powerful and able to pick up anything. Why hadn't he noticed this? Picked it up?

Malcom's mighty head collided against the book. He promised John he'd watch over his family. Malcom began to weep into the pages. The frustration and heartache was becoming too much to bare. He felt like a failure at that moment.

"What do I do?" Malcom turned to look out the window. "What CAN I do....I...I'm all out of answers. Ideas. He's....he's too cunning, too advance. I feel like we as one are coming apart. They...they can't do this anymore...."

Silence loomed above. Malcom seemed to be waiting in anticipation for his dear old friend to walk in through the door and assure him all would be alright. Sadly, John never stepped foot in the office and Malcom was faced alone with the problems haunting his friends and family. Malcom continued to stare out; the rain cascaded down the glass, as the Thunder boomed in the distance. The lights surrounding him flickered several times, as the noise caused the window and walls to shudder.

Suddenly, the phone on his desk rang. He leaned over and picked it up, assuming it was Katie.

"Hello?" Malcom rubbed his eyes. "Wolf Council Office. Malcom speaking. How may I-"

"Cut the fookin' shit, Malcom. I have her here with me-"

Malcom stood up, knocking the books down to the ground. His entire body began to transform again. His claws extended forward, grasping the edges. He began to pant and crush the phone in his palms.

"OLIVER! You fuckin' son-of-a-bitch! WHERE IS SHE!?"

"Don't you worry. Hope is safe."

"Why are you doing this!?" Malcdom pratically begged the Viper on the phone. "Please...please stop doing this! She's just a harmless little girl! The Porgies have been NOTHING but kind to you, even after so many turned their back and-"

Oliver sighed heavily. "My actions were to never hurt them."

"Then WHY are you doing this!? You say you love Penelope, yet you leave her body in the alley to eventually perish and you'd-"

Malcom could hear sobbing from the other line. The Viper began to shed tears, as there was a moment of silence between the two.

"I never wanted to hurt Penelope OR Georgie's family..."

"Why, Oliver? Why now?"

"She made me do it. She has me under her fookin' spell and-"

"WHO hs you under her spell!? Oliver-"

"She wants ya' all to perish, burn, die. She wants ya' all to suffer, the way ya' made her suffer-"

Malcom's memory opened like a filing cabinet; anyone fiting that profile was being heavily scanned.

"Where is she, Oliver. WHERE IS HOPE!?"

"You'll find her where he works; the very place Penelope and his relationship blossomed, even before she noticed it..."

"What!? Oliver-"

Before he could finish, Oliver had hung up. Malcom tried dialing the number but nothing. Dead. Malcom gathered all the books needed, ran to his car and headed to Katie and Jersey's home.

Ava Rose poked Penny's nose. She stirred for a moment but nothing more. Bella brought back another blanket, as she threw it over Penny's body.

"Is she dead?" Willow sniffed around her face. "I'm PRETTY sure Aunt Penny is dead-"

Alice pinches Willow's arm. "Seriously!? Ya' think ya' are SO funny, don't ya?"

Bella hisses, causing her sisters stop. "Enough! All of you! Ain't no one dead, you idgets! See-she is breathin'!"

Willow mumbles, as she walks away. She continues to rub her arm. Laura grabs the house phone and looks through the black book of numbers located by the lamp. Bella, tucking the corners of the blanket in, looks over at her sister.

"Laura, what ARE ya' doing?"

Laura holds a finger up to her lips. "SSH! I'm trying to get help-"

"From WHO?!" Bella looks around. "If you have not noticed, mom and dad are gone, nana and papa took off and there is no one-"

"Bella, shut your face for a minute, please!" Bella folds her arms, as Laura listens to the ringing. "Its going through....come on....come on..."

"Hello?" Laura sighs in relief. "Pudding n' Pie. Emily Porgie speakin', how may I direct your-"

"Aunt Emmy, it's Laura." All the other girls looked over and smiled. "Hey, are you busy right now?"

"The bloody Devil? Laura, love. what is it-its late and-"

"We know. Ummm...do you want the long or short version of the story?"

"Laura-"

"Well, short version is, Hope is missing, mom and dad went lookin' for her; Nana and Papa are on a bloodlust overindulgence revenge and Aunt Penny like, died or something and-"

"SHE DIED!? Put me on speaker phone, Laura! FELICIA-"

"No, no, no-she didn't DIE, just...asleep...she won't wake up!"

"FELICIA-" Emily's voice echoed in the Den, as the girls circled around Laura. "Get me ma' bloody gun, woman! No, the one in the safe! YES! No! What!? For fuck's sake....hold on, girls!"

Although the moment was serious, Bella and the others could not help but chuckle at their Aunt's ranting and various choice of vocabulary.

"Shit, Felicia! Why is it up there!? Cleaning!? For fuck's sake! What-NO! The girls need ma' 'elp and I'm headin' down there to fuckin' blast some heads away and kill me some muthafucka's!"

Bella and Alice had to turn away; their laughing became too much to contain. Laura again held up her finger.

"SSH! Stop! This is serious-"

"You laughed too...."

The girls could hear their Aunt walk out to the car, turn on the engine and tires screech against the wet pavement.

"Where is the baby!?"

"Josiah is here with us, Aunt Emmy...."

"Good, good! Fuck-"

"And no one knows what the devil happened to Hope!?"

"She went to use the potty and never came back-"

"SHIT! Sneaky little muthafucka!" HONK HONK SCREEEEEEECH! "Learn ta' drive, ya' asshole!"

"Aunt Emmy-"

"Look, lock the door girls, DO NOT go to the door unless its me or ya' uncle Peter-"

"You called Uncle Peter?"

"I'll be there in a minute and-" HONK HONK! "Bloody' fuckin' move, ya knobhead prat!"

"Aunt Emmy-"

"I'll be there in a bit, girls. We'll get Hope back, don't ya' worry 'bout that, loves!"

Emily laughed before hanging up the phone. Laura placed the phone back in its spot, as the othrs could only stare. Laura smiled.

"Well, Uncle Peter and Aunt Emily are on their way! Who's hungry? Think we still have leftovers-"

Suddenly, there was a knock at the door. The girls stood in silence. Bella began to change, as the others would follow. She crept to the door and leaned her ear against the wood. The knob rattled, as the knocking continued.

"Bella-"

"Be ready, girls....'member what mommy always taught us-aim for the groin, neck or heart..."

"Girls! Girls! Its me-"

Bella's ears perked up when she identified the voice-Malcom. Alice grabbed her hand and yanked Bella back.

"WAIT-how do you know THAT'S him and not a trick?"

Bella agreed and walked to the window. She pulled the curtains back. Malcom pressed his nose to the glass and smiled.

"Hey, girls-"

"What is the password?"

"What? Bella-"

"IF you say it correctly, we will let you in. If not, fuck you-"

The girls gasped at their sister's choice of words. "Bella!"

Malcome looked around. "Shit! I know this.....hold on, Bella."

It only took him five seconds to remember the password. 'Ooh Eeh Ooh Ah Aah Ting Tang Walla Walla Bing Bang.'

Bella smiled. "MALCOM!"

She opened the door. Malcom wrapped his giant arms around the girls. He was covered in rainwater and was frigid but they were so pleased to have the comfort of an Alpha Wolf in the house. He took off his coat, as the girls led him to the Den. He sat by Penelope. Malcom stroked her face, as the girls gathered around.

"She's been like that for awhile."

Malcom sighed. "The shock of this all got to her. Josiah alright?"

The girls all agreed. "Alright. You girls stay here. Malcom has to make a phone call real quick-"

"Oh, we already called some people."

"Really. Who?"

Screeching of wheels and a knock over of the trashcan notified to Malcom the girls' saving grace. He chuckled, when Peter and Emily began pounding on the front door. Malcom chuckles, as he heads to the door.

"This should be good, girls...."

Chapter 29 soon :) Any questions, you know the drill.

Alt text

• Well, the description is perfect; even if it wasn't dead on, I'd still enjoy. That's the fun part I like about other stories in regards to the characters we know and love; their take is fun, witty and imagineable and its more enjoyable that way. :) That being said, I loved it. XD

Also, glad I'm not the only one that thought that. XDD We shall join the 'STRANGE club' than; now heanding out cookies and punch. :)

LupineNoir posted: »

I think it's true for most of us when we were younger. xD I'm really glad I got her spot on, for a fan to describe her as perfect, though no

• Gargoyles make for great enemies, because they're so monstrous looking! When they were originally used, however, they were to keep away evil spirits rather than scaring passers-by. Just a random bit of information. :P And that drawing is absolutely excellent!

MasterStone posted: »

Etan's Diary October 29th We are leaving tonight, I don't want them to find out where I live and thanks to my father, it will stay tha

• Well, I'm glad you have taken the time to not only share with close friends and possible family members but us as well. I LOVE reading your stories and indeed the description and vocab. :D Can't wait for future posts as well.

Judging by the comments, I really had best keep her alive! :P Which is good, because I have plans for her in something else! Honestly, it

• Excuse my language for a minute but I'd shit a brick knowing the Jersey Devil, Georgie Porgie and Wolves were after me! XD

With that being said, I have it all planned out with Oliver and his moment of taking Hope, Josiah and the reasons behind that all. ;)

Vengeance has been a long time coming, but at what price? Or maybe there isn't a price! Still, having Jersey, Lyla and Katie hunting him do

• This calls for a celebration......

Alt text
    Alt text

<3 This place and all that participate in it! You guys are seriously my 2nd family. :D

Wow, this thread is at eighty-thousand hits right now! I think we all need to celebrate the occasion somehow when it eventually reaches one hundred-thousand.

• That's very true, one of the enjoyable aspects of all this is seeing other people's take on our favourite characters! And we all seem to have branched off with different characters or directions - overlapping in parts - so there's great variety. :)

Oh, man, if I wasn't already a member of this club I would so want to be one! XD

pudding_pie posted: »

Well, the description is perfect; even if it wasn't dead on, I'd still enjoy. That's the fun part I like about other stories in regards to t

• Don't worry, just as long as you keep Dixa alive, you're fine. >:) Besides, you've already made her a fantastic character to love and you aren't even four chapters in with the story!

Whoa, I don't want to be responsible for that happening to the DragonButter! This puts me in a real dilemma. xD And I'm glad the transfor

• You've basically said what we're all thinking, I imagine. XD

I can't believe I forgot to mention the pictures. It's weird but I think Junior looks sort of handsome with that look - or as much handsome as anyone could! And that crowd control bat is an excellent prop, as well as having many uses.

Excuse my language for a minute but I'd shit a brick knowing the Jersey Devil, Georgie Porgie and Wolves were after me! XD With that bein

• edited October 2014

Etan's just chillaxin' without a care in the world. Lovin' it.

MasterStone posted: »

Etan's Diary October 29th We are leaving tonight, I don't want them to find out where I live and thanks to my father, it will stay tha

• edited October 2014

I will definitely keep that in mind. ;) Hopefully you'll be pleased to know that I'm thinking of having her in another story in the future, that might be set in the past, again! But I need to get this finished first. :3

Also, how are things going with Tezoth? I imagine you're very busy with all the challenges, reading, and your life in general, so there's no rush, I just wondered if you've any idea when we might hear about him again. :)

Don't worry, just as long as you keep Dixa alive, you're fine. Besides, you've already made her a fantastic character to love and you aren't even four chapters in with the story!

• edited October 2014

Awww, dude, stop - you're making me blush. :3

And it's probably best to save your energy until the celebration for the 100-K hitmark happens. ^=^

This calls for a celebration...... This place and all that participate in it! You guys are seriously my 2nd family.

• edited October 2014

Take your time, there won't be an F.S.A. for this month anyway. Excited to see whatever you have planned next!

The next chapter for him is still a work in progress. I've started on it back in September, I think. I would've gotten it done already if it weren't for college homework and my bad habit for procrastinating. :P I plan on working on it again in the weekend though.

I will definitely keep that in mind. Hopefully you'll be pleased to know that I'm thinking of having her in another story in the future, th

• edited October 2014

I hope you all have a fantabolous time, man. Bring us some punch or whatever while you're at it! ;)

I appreciate you enjoying this challenge as well, makes my creative mind soar. ^^

October Dear Diary Hey, Georgie Porgie here. Well, bloody 'ell. Looks like I'm gonna finish this off today and possibly the rest of th

• That section with Malcom broke my heart. He and John were best friends, according to your past stories and it hurts to see him alone and not sure what to do. :( I REALLY have mixed feelings about Oliver; I want to hate him and make snake-skinned boots out of him but than I don't. I THINK I may have an idea about Oliver but I have no idea WHO is behind it all; My first thought was the Witch in your Halloween Challenge, the Witch of Endor but I could be wrong. (Bout 99% of the time I am anyways!) XD

I love my some Emily Porgie. She says she hates kids but damn she was ready to go when Laura called! That moment with her and Felicia! Priceless! XD That moment with Bella taking charge. <3

And that password; that is just too damn cute! I love the Leeds girls! :D 'Member what mommy said-aim for the groin, heart or neck.' That made my day! XD

I'm curious to see WHERE you take this; there is so many questions I have: WHO, WHY, WHERE and will Oliver BE the villian or the victim in this all......Hmmmm. Can't wait for more like always!

Chapter 28 'Stand out' Malcom was aware of the situation in regards to Hope. He was alone in the Council office, searching through the

• Can't wait, dude! :D YES! Cause if YOU don't post, I will! Dun, Dun, Dun!!! XD

Anyways, I love Georgie Porgie and his typical behavior; hates these things but it shows how much he loves his family and their daily activities. Knickers...trousers....of you Brits and your words! XD <3 it!

October Dear Diary Hey, Georgie Porgie here. Well, bloody 'ell. Looks like I'm gonna finish this off today and possibly the rest of th

• Well, glad to see you back up and writing again. :) Your stories are always a blast. And yes, he was about to meet his child on the Farm. I'm going to add another chap today. Been so busy and lost track reading everyone else's stories! XD

Thanks for saying so, JJ! I've really lost the thread with the original story I was doing, but I'm really enjoying writing for these challe

• Chapter 13

Past

Before I begin writing, me and pudding_pie have decided to merge stories to become one; meaning, my character, just like his, will be involved with one another. We have a wonderful idea that I hope you all like. :) So, with that being said, enjoy.

Rose pulled up the the gates. The rain continued pouring outside, as the guard checked us and our ID's. He allowed us access; her wheels turned deep in the mud, as we slowly drove down the road. The village lights lit the way, as she parked beside the barn. We stepped out, as the rain trickled down; Robert first took foot, as his boots sunk into the deep mud forming beneath him.

He sighed, as he headed under the safety of the barn. Rose wrung her hair out, as the pair walked behind the Barn. There was silence, as she unfolded the papers inside the file.

"They damaged from the rain?"

Rose smiled. "I got this, Robby. Don't worry your Grendel head off."

Robert sighed. The anticipation was too great. He had no idea a piece of him was roaming the Earth, let alone in the Farm. A young lady with golden hair arrived at the door to the Orphanage. She smiled, as she held a clipboard against her chest.

"Hello. Welcome to the Farm, Rose Red. Nice to see you. And you must be Robert Grendel-"

"Yes..." Robert tries to look in the windows. "He in there?"

"You must be the father in question."

"Is he in there, yes or no?"

His patience was wearing thin; Robert wanted to see what was going on and he needed answers. Rose grabbed his hand and held him back. She could see the change of color in his eyes.

"You need to calm down." She whispered into his ears. "They see you lose control, they'll throw your ass outta here and you'll NEVER get to know."

Robert began to breathe in and out, as the blonde woman smiled.

"I understand, sir and I assure you that-"

Robert chuckled. "DO you understand or are you just saying this to shut me up? Do you have children? Huh? How would YOU feel knowing all these years you had a child and wasn't told about it?"

The blonde woman could only smile, as she dug into her jacket pockets. She pulled out a large, silver key as Robert and Rose followed her to two large Oak doors. She inserted the key, turned and allowed them inside. The room was rather small; a tiny wood stove burned in the corner, as the warmth enveloped the three. Robert and Rose continued to follow the woman.

"Welcome to the Orphanage. Here, we carry and take care of all the abandoned babies born in Fabletown-"

"You get a lot of abandoned babies?"

She sighs. "It was a problem for awhile back in the nineties; not so much now, however but we still keep an eye out."

"They ALL Fables babies or-"

"Yes. We will not take mundies. Those are left elsewhere..."

Robert and Rose walked into a room. To the side, ten cribs lined up with sleeping infants. Robert's heart cringed as he walked by; all he could picture was hiw own flesh and blood sleeping alone in one of these. No love, no care....nothing.

"Did the mother ever way anything when she left him?"

"She did sit with us for a bit. She seemed to find it difficult letting the boy go."

Robert stopped. "Difficult? You mean-"

"The mother didn't want to leave the boy but it was the rules to her kind. That poor girl...sixteen years old and nothing else to go by."

Rose whistled. "Man, Robert. GOOD thing you are Fable and not Mundy. Your ass would be in Prison-"

She punched Robert's arm but he didn't seem too ammused. Rose knew to keep quiet, as the nurse pulled out a file in her desk.

"Ah yes. Here it is. Mother was Wolf; a Folker I believe and their rules were strict and to the point back then-anything Fable related had to dealt with. Either leave the baby at the Farm or-"

The nurse turned away. Robert sadly knew what that meant. The rule only changed after the birth of the Porgie quads; back then, any Folker to give birth to a 'Halfer' or anything out of the race was destroyed or sent away. Robert sighed; she did what she had to. His hatred and anger subsided when he pictured her devestated face.

"He must be, what-five or six by now? The quads just turned at least four...."

"He just turned six three weeks ago."

"Is he-can he change on his own or-"

"RJ is a very intelligent young man; he has his mother's capability to change when he pleases, so a Glamour is not necessery for the boy. He enjoys being in his Grendel form, however."

"So, if I WANTED to take him home-"

"You know the rules, Robert. No one can leave the Farm without a Glamour. He'd have to learn how to control it."

Robert sighed. "Has his mother come by at all to see him?"

The nurse smiled. "I'm glad you brought that up. She was here on his borthday. Been here since. Her husband will come every so often with her. He seems to have taken a liking to the boy and-"

Robert held up his hand. "Wait, wait wait-HE comes here with her!?"

"Well, yes. He usually sits in the waiting room but this last visit, the couple came in together to see him."

"How does he ACT around RJ?"

The nurse seems confused. "He doesn't do anything to the boy, if that's what you're asking, Robert."

Rose grabs his hand and holds it tight. "Ya' wanna see him, big guy?"

All these thoughts crossed his mind; how could he have not known about this? Where the Folkers THAT advanced in their ability to cover up such tracks and information? Did Rose know this whole time? And Gren-did hE know about this?

Robert could only nod, as the three made their way to the children's room. They passed by several beds full of sleeping children. The nurse opened the back door and led them to a tiny area with a pond, cattails and lily pads basking in the moonlight. Frogs could be heard in the back, as they crossed a bridge and stopped by a tiny nest.

"Go ahead, Robert."

"He....he sleeps outside? Why-"

"I told you, Robert. He PREFERS to be a Grendel. He's only doing what comes natural to the boy..."

Robert inhaled and pulled back the tall weeds. There, curled up on a bed of leaves and moss, was his only son. He yawned, rubbed his eyes and stared at Robert. He had her eyes and smile; the boy had his apperance, however, whenever he was in his true form. Rose reached over and touched the boy's head. He snuggled against her touch.

The nurse also touched RJ's hand, as she pointed to Robert.

"RJ, do you know who that is?"

The boy could only stare; her eyes looked back at him, as Robert slowly reach his hnd out.

"This, RJ-this is your daddy."

The boy refused to move.

"Don't be afraid, RJ. Remember? Mommy told you about him."

RJ leaned forward and sniffed Robert. His tiny hands, lined with dark claws, touched Robert's face. His weebed hands were cold to the touch, as he continued sniffing around Robert's hair and face. RJ smiled, as he wrapped his arms around Robert's neck.

"Mommy said you'd be back..."

Robert tried to hold back the tears, as he held his son in his hands.

So many questions....so many....

Chapter 14 coming soon

Well, you have any questions, please ask away!

• I have to agree with @LupineNoir for a minute. Let's take a minute to observe the handome-ness that is Junior, as he become a vicious, mirror hoping killing machine. XD I do agree, though....he looks BRILLIANT in his now true form! Bet Mary wants him like that while they....0.o Oh....right.....never mind....-sneaks away-

Excuse my language for a minute but I'd shit a brick knowing the Jersey Devil, Georgie Porgie and Wolves were after me! XD With that bein

• -best movie ever- XD Just saying.

Sweet. (is all I have to say :P)

• I laughed out loud when I wrote it XD

Harmony is super super protective of her children, very much like her grandmother Snow :) She just reminds me of Snow a lot, yet has her own personality that is separate from her. Tim is the cool and collective one, often diffusing his wife's meltdowns. Thank goodness she doesn't have them often, or he would be one stressed man XD

I got the clockwork doll idea from a book I'm reading that actually deals with clockwork dolls. It's where I've been drawing my inspiration from with a few of the things I've been introducing :)

"Scar?" This voice was her sister Elora. "Yeah?" "Shut the fuck up, please." I honestly laughed out loud after reading

• Ah, my older sister watches Doctor Who, and the only reason I know anything about anyone on the show is because she practically recites entire seasons to me as she watches them XD I've seen only a handful of episodes, but I know who Amy Pond is, and how River Song married the Doctor, and all the stuff with the Daleks, and what not. Haven't been notified much about the newest season with the newest Doctor, since my sister has been working a lot lately and hasn't seen most of the episodes.

The only show I watch on TV is The Walking Dead XD

Harm will bring the roof down on the monsters responsible for this mess, mark my words :)

Clockwork dolls, huh? Reminded me of the season premiere for the new Doctor Who that aired a few months ago. Anyway, I trust that Harm and her kids will kick ass to find Ash.

• Like I said in reply to LupineNoir, she takes after her grandmother a lot, although still gains her own sort of personality. Tim is just caught in the crossfire, and uses calming techniques to avoid getting hit XD

Family matters a lot at this point, given the predicament.

"I need to find my fucking baby back," Harmony cut Tim off. She paced around the room, everyone staring at her dumbfoundedly. You knew thing

• edited October 2014

Wooo! 80,000? Is that right? Wow.

Alt text

Alt text

Wow, this thread is at eighty-thousand hits right now! I think we all need to celebrate the occasion somehow when it eventually reaches one hundred-thousand.

• Awww little RJ! :) I'm glad you are continuing this! I'll add Robert in future posts as well; seems like he is a big part on the Porgie Clan. :)

Love this! :D

JJwolf posted: »

Chapter 13 Past Before I begin writing, me and pudding_pie have decided to merge stories to become one; meaning, my character, just li

• I just pictured us all dancing like the 1st picture; I'm Roger in the back, JJ is the dude humping the air. Dragon can be Spongebob, Em is the Banana, Noir can be the dude dancing ranbomly by Roger; MasterStone can be the stuffed bear and everyone else...Hmmm...XD

EMMYPESS posted: »

• Well looking forward to the celebration for 100K mark. :D Until then, Pie is dancing the night away.....XD

Awww, dude, stop - you're making me blush. And it's probably best to save your energy until the celebration for the 100-K hitmark happens. ^=^

• Well, that, or Forrest Gump. :D

-best movie ever- XD Just saying.

• edited October 2014

I used to be an avid Doctor Who watcher, I just thought it'd be appropriate for me to mention it since I happened to hear about the past premiere and watch it. :P Anyway, back in high school, I used to sit with a friend in lunch who was obsessed with Doctor Who. Literally, she talked about it almost every day and asked me if I watched any of the new episodes, and then eventually she started watching them on her phone. I didn't mind though, as I'm not easily annoyed by those sort of things.

Same, I think I saw your comment on the tainted meat discussion on the TWD section. XD

Well, all I gotta say about that is I'm lucky I'm not on her bad side!

Ah, my older sister watches Doctor Who, and the only reason I know anything about anyone on the show is because she practically recites enti

• Ashlyn lost count, but she swore she'd been in the cage for a good 7 hours. Periodically, they brought her a cup of water. She'd refused at first, not wanting to give in to their 'charity'. But, after so long with nothing to drink, she just had to swallow her own pride and suck it up.

"There ya go. Hey, Larry! She didn' throw it at me this time, you owe me 40 bucks!" The man said. He had a northern New Jersey accent that was hard to keep up with sometimes.

"Ah shit, liar! There's no way that-" Just as Larry turned the corner and saw his remarkably dry friend, "-Goddamnit."

"Hehaha! Cough it up, Lare!"

The man named Larry looked like he was about 40, yet had not a single wrinkle in his skin, or any grey hair. In fact, he looked almost perfect to Ash. It boggled her mind how flawless each of these people looked. Even the oldest, Demetrius, looked beautiful, and he ACTUALLY looked old to her.

Larry dug into his wallet, slapping forty dollars into the other man's hand. "Now leave me be, Ben. I need to go help with the Burning."

"Have fun carrying the bodies. Man, I'm happy I was promoted last week."

Growling, Larry left Ben and Ash's presence. Ash handed Ben the cup, although it was becoming increasingly harder to be nice to him.

"Thanks, wolf girl," He said, placing the cup on his metal tray.

Her face twisted in annoyance. "I have a name. I'm not an animal."

Ben laughed,"Bah, not an animal? Says the person who can transform into a dog."

He left the room, the tray of food sitting on the end table. Ashlyn was increasingly aware of the fact that these people thought of her as inferior savages, as if she'd never balanced a science equation or wrote a history essay in her life. She was getting impatient, tapping her fingers across the bars to pass the time.

The little vampire child from the meeting popped his head from around the corner. His face, a perfect circle and without blemish, looked oddly curious. His feet sauntered him to the cage's door, and she watched as he fiddled with the padlock.

"What are you doing?" Ash asked him. He looked like he was concentrating on the lock. His hand squeezed it, and it looked as if the metal began to melt into the palm of his hand.

"What the-...."Ashlyn just stared at him with awe.

"Shh," He whispered. The metal dripped onto the concrete floor, and hardened as soon as it was all melted away from the cage. He lifted the latch, letting Ashlyn out.

"Why are you-"

"Mommy says they aren't treating you fairly," The boy explained. She remembered the woman he sat next to, a young looking girl who seemed like a teenager. She wasn't sure if that were his mother or not, considering he was talking to her specifically during the meeting.

"So she sent you to rescue me? A little boy?" Ashlyn asked.

"I'm not that little," He replied,"I'm 64 years old."

Astonished, Ashlyn took a look around to see if the coast was clear. "So then...why do you act so childishly?"

He laughed, the same teasing laugh that her own brothers used to make when they were young. "My mind doesn't allow me to mature past my age," He replied.

"Well, that seemed a very mature thing to say," Ash replied.

"I have moments," He replied again,"Where my true age shines through. Not often, though. Let's go, Miss Wolf Lady." And he grabbed her hand, dragging her to the stairs.

"But- wait!" Ashlyn stopped him. He turned, his red eyes gleaming up at her with confusion.

"Yes?"

"Won't they notice that I'm walking around their house, uncaged?"

"They're all at the burning," The boy replied. "All the men and most of the women. The children stay here with Mommy and a few of the other Mommies."

"....Oh."

"This way then!" His voice was so childish. She had to practically run up the steps to keep up with him.

"My Mommy agrees with the other ones that we should leave the Wolf people alone. Hey! I got an idea!"

"Yeah?" What is it?" Ashlyn asked as they reached the top step.

"If we save you, can you show us your powers? I want to see what you look like as a wolf, not a human."

"That shouldn't be an issue," Ash said, although she was a bit uneasy. She wasn't sure if she could trust anyone here.

"Okay!"

He lead her to a common room, filled with 3 women who looked around Ash's age, and 4 children that all looked about this boy's age.

"Good job, Paulo," One of the women said. He giggled, then ran to her and sat on her lap. Strangely, Ashlyn could see the age in his face, beyond the mask of youth he wore.

"My name is Mirah," She continued, a friendly smile upon her face. "And you?"

Speechless, Ashlyn took a look at all the eager faces staring up at her.

"Uhm....It's Ashlyn. Er, Ash, for short."

"Ah, what a lovely name," Mirah said. She bounced her boy on her knee. She seemed so aged, yet so young. They all did. It was evident in the way they moved, the way they talked, and the way they seemed.

It reminded her of some of the Fables on the Farm.

She took an awkward seat on a flowery ottoman. The whole house was decorated like one from the Victorian Era, floral patterns all over the place and big poofy cushions. The children in front of her commenced asking the same curious questions that Paulo had while helping her escape.

"Do you have brown fur or black fur? Is it the same as your hair color? Why is there some blue in your hair, did you do that yourself?"

"Well, uhm-"

"Can you howl? Is it loud? When can you show us-"

"Enough!" Mirah snapped. Her discipline was stiff but effective, and the whole room went silent. "Can't you be courteous enough to see that the poor girl can't answer all of your questions at once? Look at her, she's all flustered!"

The children, all looking ashamed, ducked their heads sadly and in unison said,"Yes, Mother."

Still confused, Ash opened her mouth to talk. "Are you....all their mother?" She asked Mirah.

Mirah shook her head,"No, no. I'm considered one of the three Clan Mothers. Each Clan has a few, they take care of the young Vampires. They tend to be few in numbers, considering their nature. Vampire Children are hard to care for."

Ash nodded,"And...do they ever grow?"

Mirah shook her head. "No, you stay the age you were reborn to. It's against the law in our society to bite humans under the age of maturity, but back in the day people still did so. We aren't allowed to kill Vampires unless they commit this treason themselves, which means someone has to take the responsibility of caring for these little ones. They can be....a handful."

A girl with blond locks of curls giggled,"Is that right Momma? We ARE a handful."

"Hush, Esther." Another one of the 'Mothers' said.

"Let me actually introduce us, now that things have settled," Mirah continued. "I am Mirah, as you know. That is Camille-" She points to the light skinned woman who'd shushed the little girl. Camille waves, sharing the same sort of blond curls as Esther.

"Is there any real relationship between you two? There's a huge similarity," Ash asks.

Camille shakes her head. "No, we tend to be paired with the children who look the most like us. When we are able to go in public, it just makes sense that way. But, when in private, we share the responsibility over all the children."

Ash nods. Mirah continues. "You also met Paulo here. He's a daredevil, and has some unique abilities that we tend to use at our advantage."

"I can melt metal!" The boy exclaims. He looks like he's only four years old to Ashlyn, which explains his constant excitement.

"Yes, honey. We know. Esther and Jeanine are sisters," Mirah points to the two of them. It was only then that Ashlyn noticed the other blond girl.

"Twins," Jeanine says afterwards. "But I'm the good twin."

"Not-uh," Esther blurts. "I'm good too!"

"Hush," Camille says more sternly to both of them,"Mother Mirah is not finished."

The girls clamp their mouths.

"And this is Franklin," Mirah gestures to the last child, a scrawny little boy, not much older than Paulo and the twins. He seems to be the weakling of the group, Ash observes. "And lastly, we have Mother Hilary. She's the youngest of us, the most recently turned in the entire group. She's rather good at taking care of children, so we appointed her as another Mother."

"Well, it's nice to meet you all," Ashlyn says,"But when are we going to be escaping?"

"Soon. We aren't in a rush. The men and women will be gone for over a week. The burnings take place far away, somewhere remote. The location changes every year, and I haven't attended in a long time, but it's always a week that they are gone. It's all regulations."

"No one will come looking for me? I seem to be extremely valuable to you people...er, um-"

"Yes, very valuable. But, it doesn't mean you deserve to be drained. Werewolf blood is so delicious that we thought we hunted them to extinction. The only thing more delicious than Human blood. The thing is-" Mirah paused. Ash noticed a wine glass in Mirah's hand with thick, dark blood in it. She took a sip, a smile curling around the edges of her lips."-Werewolves seemed to like the taste of Vampires, as well. We are each other's predators. These...Humans, they don't ever truly get their facts straight."

"Trust me, I know," Ash said. She twiddled her fingers. "So....are you considered Fables by chance?"

"What are Fables?"

Unexpectedly, Ashlyn laughed. "It's time for me to tell you about my people."

"But, you are a wolf, no?" Jeanine or Esther, Ashlyn couldn't remember which was which, spoke up.

"I am. But I'm also a Fable."

<3 I hope you liked this chapter. Another will be up about the other POV I'm taking.

• I AM the banana XDD

I just pictured us all dancing like the 1st picture; I'm Roger in the back, JJ is the dude humping the air. Dragon can be Spongebob, Em is t

• Yeah XD I saw it coming because I also read the comics and was like,"They're going to pull a Dale, aren't they?" lol.

I used to be an avid Doctor Who watcher, I just thought it'd be appropriate for me to mention it since I happened to hear about the past pre

Dang, you got the whole vampire vibe down. It really had felt like I was watching a cult classic vampire flick. Awesome, awesome!

• edited October 2014

Yep, 80-K. Well, this thread has technically 80.2-K hits now. XD

Emmy, save your ener- ah, screw it. Let's all dance!

• edited October 2014

Dragon can be Spongebob,

Alt text

I just pictured us all dancing like the 1st picture; I'm Roger in the back, JJ is the dude humping the air. Dragon can be Spongebob, Em is t

• edited October 2014

Fabletown. 7 AM.

Robert stood at the entrance to his home. The streets in front of Fabletown were eerily empty, as they were through the night. He was appointed to be the guard, to chime in when he saw any suspicious activity and stand as the meeting point for each search party.

Nervous, his head was constantly bobbing back and forth, checking around corners for impostors. He had a habit of letting his imagination run.

The first to arrive back were Harmony and Scarlett. The two of them looked defeated, the thought of Ashlyn still out there, somewhere, lingering heavily on their minds.

"You didn't see her?" Harm asked, crossing her arms. Robert just shook his head, a frown on his face.

"Any of the group talk with you?" Scarlett asked. She clutched a little potion bottle. Taking the cork from the top, she tipped the edge onto her lips and sucked down the liquid. It was the reverse potion that uncloaked her. Harmony could take her cloak off with out any potions, being a witch.

"So we just wait here for the rest of them?" Robbie asks.

"I don't think so," A voice says from behind the group. Harmony, Scarlett, and Robert turn, but it's too late. They all immediately black out.

Dun dun Dun dun Dun!! I have some REALLY good ideas now, after thoroughly sleeping on it! It's going to be great, if I can accomplish it that is.

Edit: Wow, this is super short, just realizing it now. Oh well XD

• edited October 2014

Go ahead and bust those moves! I can be the DJ that plays the music at the place you're dancing at! :P

Well looking forward to the celebration for 100K mark. Until then, Pie is dancing the night away.....XD

• I can hear it in his voice XDD

Dragon can be Spongebob,

• You and your crowd control XDD

Wow, I really like how you portrayed Malcom here. He seems like he really wants to get to the bottom of this, ESPECIALLY when it involves his favorite Leeds child ;)

And the bit with John :(

AND THEN SHIT BRO

SHIT

OLIVER!

SHIT

I'M PUTTING IT TOGETHER SLOWLY! I THINK I VAGUELY KNOW WHAT'S ACTUALLY GOING ON FOR ONCE!

I still ship Johann and Penny together, even if Oliver loves her for real :( I don't want to hate him anymore now!

Then the girls and Aunt Penny XD That whole section is the comedic relief of the chapter, for sure XD

And then, when Laura called Emily, I chuckled so hard XD I was like, "Wow, how did I not see that one coming?" lol.

Nana and Papa are on a bloodlust overindulgence revenge

LAWLS XD

The whole second half killed me! It turned my sad feelings into hilarity XD

Aunt Emmy :) I see what you did there XD

Also, Emily's reaction when Laura said Aunt Penny died or something, that was priceless XD Emily is by far, the funniest character I've ever encountered. I can't take enough of her XD

"IF you say it correctly, we will let you in. If not, fuck you-"

BELLA XDD

I think I died, Pie. You killed me with the humor of this chapter XD And your crowd control bat XD

Chapter 28 'Stand out' Malcom was aware of the situation in regards to Hope. He was alone in the Council office, searching through the

• No, I never thought pedophile either, he didn't seem the person to sink THAT low. But it was a viable option, depending on how evil you wanted to be.

LOL That name thing. Had to go back and make sure I PUT Georgia and not Georgie a 2nd time. I've done it before! XD I try to make Jersey

Sign in to comment in this discussion.