Episode 2 Download Issues [macbook]

Hey guys,

Having an issue: I got 38% done downloading Episode 2 after which; i immediately get a 'can't connect to network: please connect your PC to the internet' error. But i AM connected to the internet and it only happens to this Episode, number 2.

I've since been able to download and install episodes 3 & 4 so clearly my internet isn't the issue.

I've done a restart of my macbook and of my wifi, but this has persisted for a couple of days now ...

Any advice on how to get past 38% download on season 2? preferably without uninstalling and going thru all the download / reinstall process again ...

Comments

• edited October 2014

Just to update, i've also been able to download and install episode 5 without issue.

Only episode 2 tells me.. network unavailable: please connect your PC to the internet

I've done an uninstall and re-download of TWAU but this resolves nothing. All the DLC is there including the 38% of S2, without any possibility of furthering.

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

My apologies, can you please clarify if you are playing the Steam version, or the Telltale Games version of the game? If you are playing the Telltale Games version of the game, please try deleting your SyncFs folder from your

C:\Users\%Username%\Documents\Telltale Games\The Wolf Among Us\ file directory,

and then restart the game, and you should receive any of the necessary updates to be able to successfully download Episode 2. If you are playing the Steam Version of the game, please try changing the download region from which your update is coming from. To do this, please click View on the top left of the Steam window, and click Settings from the drop down menu. Once the Settings window is open, click on the Downloads tab, and under the Download Region section, try switching to a different region using the drop down menu. Then close the Settings window, and restart Steam before attempting the update again.

• Thank you for the quick reply! :)

I bought the game via the online 'mac game store'.

Same action apply? I will try when I get home

My apologies, can you please clarify if you are playing the Steam version, or the Telltale Games version of the game? If you are playing the

Yes, the Mac Game Store version should work the same as the Telltale Games version, and my above workaround should allow you to download Episode 2.

AdamApples posted: »

Thank you for the quick reply! I bought the game via the online 'mac game store'. Same action apply? I will try when I get home

• Sorry Mike, this path doesn't exist, nor can i find one similar. Nothing like this under Documents, nor does a search for SyncF yield any results. :/

The folder structure within 'macgames/the wolf among us', using the "show package" action is:

Contents:
    ../Frameworks
    ../MacOS
    ../Resources
    ..info.plst
    ..pkginfo

I don't know if that helps at all.

Yes, the Mac Game Store version should work the same as the Telltale Games version, and my above workaround should allow you to download Episode 2.

edited October 2014

Apologies for my confusion, that file path is for PC. The file path for Mac is

~Library/Application Support/Telltale Games/The Wolf Among Us/

Your Library folder is sometimes hidden, to make it visible, please open a Finder window, and at the top of the screen, click Go and hold down the Option key. The Library will now become available in the drop down menu. Click that and follow the above file path, and try deleting the SyncFs folder from there. Then restart the game, and re-download/reinstall Episode 2.

Sorry Mike, this path doesn't exist, nor can i find one similar. Nothing like this under Documents, nor does a search for SyncF yield any re

• Hi Mike, Apologies for the delay in getting to try this. I removed the SyncFs ... and while I was able to restart my episode 2 download, it again stopped at 38% with the same 'can't connect to network, please connect your PC to the internet.' Very odd. Any ideas what might be causing this error at the same point in the download? again, just to reiterate, my network has had no other issues, and I'm able to download all other episodes without problem.

Apologies for my confusion, that file path is for PC. The file path for Mac is ~Library/Application Support/Telltale Games/The Wolf Among

Please make sure you have disabled any anti-virus or internet firewall programs open and running that may be blocking the game's communication with our servers, and try the download again.

You may also need to disable Gatekeeper. To do this, click the Apple logo on the top toolbar and select System Preferences. Now select Security. If the padlock in the bottom left corner of this screen is not open, click on it. You will now see 3 options for downloaded applications, they are: Mac Store, Mac Store and identified developers, and Anywhere. Please select Anywhere and then confirm your selection. Once this is done, please attempt to download the game from our website. You should no longer see the damaged file messaging.

Hi Mike, Apologies for the delay in getting to try this. I removed the SyncFs ... and while I was able to restart my episode 2 download, it

• Hi Mike, still no luck :( no luck trying the above or all of the strategies put together.

Episode 2 loses connection at 38% every time never to resume. Is there anywhere else I can download it from? A mirror or something?

Thanks for your continued help on the matter.

Please make sure you have disabled any anti-virus or internet firewall programs open and running that may be blocking the game's communicati

My apologies, unfortunately there is not another way to download the episode other than from in-game. If you are still experiencing the issue, I recommend contacting/emailing our Support Staff at Support@Telltalegames.com, and make sure to explain your exact situation, and they should be able to assist you further with your particular issue.

Hi Mike, still no luck no luck trying the above or all of the strategies put together. Episode 2 loses connection at 38% every time neve

This discussion has been closed.