Start a Story, be your own Fable. (Create a Fable Thread)

Comments

• Haha! Spooky!!! It shall remain a mystery that I'm only 18! Wait a minute......I just typed that out loud didn't I? :p XD

Wait a minute, a double happy birthday for me? Should I be flattered? And since you mentioned Tetra and Stone, their ages still remain a mystery... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQoRXhS7vlU

• Hey, Wolf...we ARE the oldest ones on here, bro! xD

JJwolf posted: »

Happy happy birthday, Dragon! EDIT: Oh crap...I think me and Pie are the oldest ones here on the thread! (Unless stone and Tetra are older than 25 or 26)

• It's strange how love can cause much pain, yet we still cling to it, as Robert is doing. Liking what you're doing with this, JJ. :)

Yes! That's exactly what I was doing. I thought that moment was intense and needed to throw that back in Robert's face; he sadly does not wa

• Thankfully, the smell hasn't been put into my brain!

I think the farm is beautiful too; and reading this and the Thanksgiving chapters at the same time gives a much deeper perspective on Georige and John's relationship, which is good!

pudding_pie posted: »

Can you imagine? I'm sorry for the, uh, images now burned in your skulls. xD Georgie is going to need more than a bath after that. And as

• I knew I should have joined the queue earlier: it's as crazy as buying a new iPhone! :P

Do you happen to be another one of my long-lost brothers? If so: then get in line! XD And I am having a good day, don't you worry!

• Ahha, that gives a better understanding to Hati's motives, and his and Etan's relationship. Thanks for clearing that up!

MasterStone posted: »

The relationship Etan share with his father is some what similar to Bigby and Northwinds. Like Mr North, Hati had to leave behind his wife w

• They're certainly more damn freaky.

Ahh. Well, at least he may be able to talk to her at night, as opposed to not at all.

I was curious so I searched for the books and they do sound good! When series you love come to an end it's often sad (or maybe that's just me), but the bad guy getting it with some sort of twist is tasty - especially when it puts you into a pit of happiness and not despair. xD

EMMYPESS posted: »

Creepers are the worst. Although, I seriously think that Endermen are even worse than Creepers, in my opinion. Sara Jane IS around, but h

• When I read Colin dying in the comics, I did not like it. Colin being one of my favourite characters in that and The Wolf Among Us. Therefore, I'm pleased to be reading more about the characters getting their revenge on Posey and Dunn! Whoever Philip is, he sure likes stirring things up; I'm wondering if Celeste is somehow Makoto's Mum, but I just don't know. This has got me wondering! :)

Tetra posted: »

War:Rising The next day Makoto looked out his window to see a lot of people gathering, so he got cleaned up and dressed. He walked out

• Gren really does get lovey when he's drunk. I like that. xD

The whole story has been very entertaining, and I think you've given us insight into the family dynamic of the whole families combined. I won't be forgetting the hunting images in a hurry, and, as someone who's never celebrated Thanksgiving, I think I got a really great idea of what it's like. Great stuff, Pie! :)

Thanksgiving Challenge Part 15: Let's feast The men pulled up to the Smith Manor. Out of the vehicles first were the kids. Peter and R

• edited November 2014

This is so very bitter-sweet: she survived, but she's very troubled by the lack of memories. Must be incredibly disconcerting; perhaps I'm being too positive, but it means the whole business with Jackson is forgotten. At least, for now. I really feel for Harmony and Tim. It's like a pit of despair and happiness all in one!

Well done on giving blood! Some people wouldn't go near that sort of a thing, so it's a real achievement. :) Glad to hear you're enjoying things. As for me, well, I'm doing okay at the minute. I'm sort of long-term ill with some mental health stuff, so I'm not at school or anything - most of my time is taken up with trying to get better, really. Hopefully that doesn't weird you out: I don't think it will, but sometimes people don't necessarily know much about these things and it can seem strange.

Elora woke up wildly, her arms thrashing to get a hold of something solid. Something to bring her back into reality. There were tubes com

• Yeah I agree with you there Colin was a really good character and funny! Revenge is a must ;) Phillip really does I'm sure he'll get what's coming to him in the end, Maybe she is maybe she's not ;D

LupineNoir posted: »

When I read Colin dying in the comics, I did not like it. Colin being one of my favourite characters in that and The Wolf Among Us. Therefor

• edited November 2014

Prologue

Fighting chance

Henry noticed the struggle in Georgie's eyes. He took several breaks during the day and although Mr. Sunflower was not at all pleased, he allowed the former pimp to sit under a shade tree. The sun was very warm that day, as no wind was apparent in the air. Georgie cupped his hands in a nearby river and scooped several handfuls of water. It dripped from the corners of his mouth, as the freshing liquid made its way down his throat.

Georgie leaned his head against a tree just past the livestock area. He inhaled deeply, closed his eyes and placed both hands over his belly. The wound was burning under his fingertips. Georgie heard footprints; as he opened his eyes and looked up, he noticed henry sitting on a fence post. The boy was all smiles.

"Oh wow, how did you get that?"

Georgie looks up towards the heavens. "Accident."

"Like, a car or something?"

"No. Poor choices."

Henry watched as Georgie stood up and walked back to the dwindling Manure pile. Before he could dig the shovel head into the pile, Snow White motioned for Georgie to meet her at the fence. Georgie tossed the shovel to the side and walked up to the new Deputy Mayor of Fabletown.

" 'Ello, Snow." Georgie blows his nose into a tissue. "Here 'bout my punishment or are ya' here to get me some lunch?"

Snow ignored his smart remarks. "We have everything on file, Georgie. You are to be here at the Farm for two years and-"

"Two bloody fuckin' years!? Ya' told me it would only be for a year and-"

"Due to the severe crimes and the cleanup process, you are to remain on the Farm for TWO years."

"Bloody fuckin' Christ! This is....this is bullshit! Fuckin' bullshit! Because of the Crooked Man, I-"

"Do not blame anyone for YOUR actions, Mr. Porgie. I'm already aware about the Crooked Man-"

"DO ya' know, Snow? Do any of ya' know the truth and what really went down in that fuckin' lair?"

"We are investigating this, Georgie. YOU are being punished. Enough said."

Georgie kicks the fence again. "I didn't have....we didn't have a choice! That Crooked bastard got away with everything and we were the ones left to deal with his mess."

"I'm sorry, Georgie...."

"My Club...Hans....what-"

"Hans said he'd watch it, keep it clean and up to date, so when you do come back, it will be....Georgie?"

Georgie doubled over, as he clamped his hands down on the wound. Blood began pouring from the opening. Snow flagged Mr. Sunflower down, who went in search of a Nurse. As he left the area, Snow took Georgie to the river bend and helped tend to his wound.

"Fuckin' Swineheart. He did one 'ell of a job and-"

"Its going to do this, Georgie. Again, stop blaming people."

Snow took more cold water and poured it over the flesh; the mixture of blood and river water began to collect in the dirt and grassy areas. The birds above continued to fly in the sky, as the Farm life continued without any further problems. Henry rushed over to Georgie's side.

"What happened?"

"I'm fine, Henry."

"That doesn't look fine, Georgie. Let me get Sunflower and-"

"We already did that, Henry." Snow pushes down on the wound. "We....already did that."

Georgie's mind seemed to be focused on the clear sky hanging above his head. It had been years, centuries at that, since he's actually taken the time to look at the sky. He had forgotten what beauty a simple blue slate could be.

"It's been years, Snow."

Snow looked over. For the first time in a long time, Georgie Porgie was smiling. She continued to hold the wound.

"Been years for what, Georgie?"

"Since I've seen the sky like this. Been this at ease...comfortable. Ya' know, back at the Homelands, I enjoyed jus' sittin' on the Hills and watchin' the sun fade into the sky."

Snow smiled, as Mr. Sunflower approached the injured Fable with two other females. As they began to tend to his wounds, Georgie tried to picture what Lyla would look like. Would she be a Wolf, a Halfer or have mundy qualitites like her mother? He tried to picture her hair color, eyes, body and her character. Georgie wanted it to be true. He desperatly wanted his fate to one day approach him, confess her undying love and the two would make a life; a life Georgie could only dream about and secretly wish to call his own.

For now, he was content with the image he'd drawn up in his memory. Georgie would hold onto that image for now until that day would come.

Mr. Sunflower allowed Georgie access to the showers that night. Henry managed to finish up the chores needed to be done that day. Reynard wanted to give Georgie a hard time for not completing such an easy task but Henry made sure the Fox held back his tongue.

Georgie was pleased to have someone on the Farm looking out for him; back in Fabletown, he and Vivian made a promise to look out for one another, no matter what happened. Things changed and quickly. Georgie was begining to wonder if all those years, she had somehow been using him for her own gain. To be honest, even Georgie wasn't too sure anymore how he felt about it.

After ten minutes standing under the warm water and washing his body, Georgie took his place in a tiny cot. It wasn't much but he'd take it. A burning fire continued in the corner. The outside air was cold that night. Georgie could hear several more people downstairs chatting and moving about. He leaned back into his pillow and stared blankly at the ceiling. Henry, a few feet from Georgie, peered over.

"You asleep, Georgie?"

Georgie did not answer. He adored the boy but tonight, wanted to be alone with his thoughts. Henry called out once more before giving up and falling into a deep sleep. Within an hour, the Farm was quiet and at peace. Georgie took this opportunity to get out of bed and head downstairs. He wanted to get some air. His mind was flooded with the recent activities and the thought of being here for two years. Again, there was Lyla.

Georgie snuck out and ran into an open meadow. He turned to make sure no one was watching and when the coast was clear, Georgie threw himself into some tall weeds. This brought him back to his childhood. The Homelands. Things like this also brought up some terrible memories, too; the abuse he faced back in his little cottage, the mother who turned a blind eye. The siblings that thought nothing but negativity towards him. His father.

Georgie sat up. The moon bounced off his body, as he looked into the bubbling river.

"Look at ya', you stupid twit. Ya' gone and made trouble for ya'self. Ya' lucky they didn't bloody toss ya' down the Well."

Georgie splashed at the water. "I 'ope ta' God they are right 'bout ya', Lyla Smith. I can't wait till I meet ya', love."

As Georgie picks up a tiny rocks and tosses it into the water, it begins to glow gold and bright. Georgie scoots back, unsure of what is taking place. Before him, a beautiful woman with golden hair extends her hands out.

"Georgie Porgie. I'm glad to see you alive."

Georgie blinks, rubs his eyes and leans closer.

"Who the bloody devil are ya?"

"My name is Hope. I'm a spirit and I'm here to tell you that your destiny will come true but only that YOU have the power to make this happen."

"My destiny? Ya' mean with Lyla?"

"John, Snow and Bigby has given you a chance to prove yourself, to BE the Fable you are meant to be. This behavior you have displayed has made trouble for you and so many others...."

"I was only tryin' to survive and-"

Hope smiles. "You will no longer have to TRY, for the power is inside of you, Georgie. You will do great things but you must direct that hope into your actions and dreams."

Georgie looked deeper into the spirit's eyes. They seemed familiar to him. Hope opened her right palm; a glow nearly had Georgie blind, as he blinked and looked deeper. A young woman with shoulder length hair turned, looked at Georgie and blew a kiss.

"Is that....Lyla..."

"Only you can make this happen. You must believe, you must have faith and hope. Open your heart, Georgie. Do not be bitter. Learn to forgive and let go. Learn to understand-"

Hope takes her index finger and touches Georgie's wound. The flesh burns slightly, as a golden glow escapes his flesh. As Georgie is distracted by the glow suddenly appearing from his wound, Hope pokes the area around his heart with her index finger. Georgie pauses, looks up and suddenly, his world spins. There is excruciating pain, as Georgie grabs his chest. His breathing slows down, as he stares at Hope.

"What...did...ya'....."

Hope smiles. "You'll know in time. For now, take these two stones. When the time comes, you'll know what to do. Only you can make this come true, Georgie."

Georgie's eyes slowly close, as Hope smiles and begins to disappear. Georgie falls back into the grass, looks up and sees her face. Last thing Georgie remembers was Lyla's beautiful face smiling back at him

He had his second chance.

Any questions, you know what to do. Work, school and a whole lot of studying to do. Tomorrow, we find out the gender of our baby! :D

• I loved this! I'm enjoying this very much!

I loved the description in this one. The river, georgie taking a drink, the section with hope.

A lot of my questions are being answered. The stones!! :D so that's how he got them!

Is hope from the comics? I don't remember....and Henry. <3 This is really showing how they came to be. And it's nice to know Hans is looking out for Georgie and the club. And knowing Snow, John and Bigby are trying to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Hope showing Georgie a small glance of Lyla was heart warming. It gives him that little edge. :)

Prologue Fighting chance Henry noticed the struggle in Georgie's eyes. He took several breaks during the day and although Mr. Sunflowe

• The stones! I remember those quite clearly; to think that they came from Hope. Or the spirit of Hope, which must surely become the spirit that is Hope the person. I have a few questions about this but I'm not going to ask, because you'll probably explain it later. :D

That image of Georgie out in the field in the night, talking to himself in the river, I think there's something very... innocent about it. I think innocent is the right word. Hmm, whatever it is, it's a good portrayal!

Whether it's a boy or a girl, it's congratulations either way! :D

Prologue Fighting chance Henry noticed the struggle in Georgie's eyes. He took several breaks during the day and although Mr. Sunflowe

• I actually thought the same thing. I have a general way of going about this, and I will certainly address how Elora is with Jackson if she were to remember or find out about the whole deal. You'll see :)

Thanks! I've always wanted to donate blood, but you have to be 17 to do so in my state and this was our school's first blood drive, so I was excited and nervous!It wasn't bad, I was just a little tired afterwards. Plus, there were a ton of awesome movies on to watch while we rested!

It doesn't weird me out at all, really. I have a huge family, and there's always someone dealing with something either physically or mentally. My step mother has weak bones, so she breaks her bones more frequently than the average person. It's alright really, just because it's not physical does not mean it's less serious or weird at all. I hope you get well as soon as you can, that sucks that you need to be out of school, but if it helps then it's better that way, I suppose.

This is so very bitter-sweet: she survived, but she's very troubled by the lack of memories. Must be incredibly disconcerting; perhaps I'm b

• Certainly! I was sad when I finished the Divergent series, and I even worse when I finished the Maze Runner series, though I was more mixed in my emotions for that one, since the ending was not nearly as satisfying as I would have liked. There are tons and tons of books I want to read, but I can only read one at a time or I get burnt out. lol. So as soon as I finish Clockwork Princess, I'll either be reading World War Z (I read half of it last year, so my aim is to finish the WHOLE book, lol!), and maybe pick up the first book to the Mortal Instruments saga or whatever it's called. I think there are 5 books in that series (Jesus, I have a ton of work to do!) But it's going to be good, I know it.

They're certainly more damn freaky. Ahh. Well, at least he may be able to talk to her at night, as opposed to not at all. I was curiou

• No please, ask away. :) Although that WOULD be a wonderful idea, the thought of his future granddaughter presenting these stones, the Hope seen here is actually from the comics; she's the one that came to Red Rose and to Snow as Colin. (I THINK that's how that went...xD)

Thank you very much. To be honest, does not matter to me what the baby is. Long as he or she is happy.

The stones! I remember those quite clearly; to think that they came from Hope. Or the spirit of Hope, which must surely become the spirit th

• War!!!

The next day Makoto slept through while Rose set up plans to stop the revolution. Everything was set up to for the start of the war.

"Gee Makoto you were tired huh?" Rose said

He laughed "You get thrashed by a bull and two pigs at my age then come talk to me"

Rose laughed along with Makoto "Yeah you're right about that one!"

Celeste walked in, Makoto smiled "Hey Celeste!"

She was shocked he spoke to her "Y-you're not mad at me?" She stuttered

"Of course not!" Makoto laughed "You were just going with what your gut told you. Don't worry about it."

Even though Makoto was nice he still didn't know whether or not which side she was fighting for.

"I want to fight with you!" She said "After everything Phillip has done I want him dead!"

Makoto was surprised "So you're not on the pigs side?" he asked

"Not anymore....after he hit me I realized whose side I should've been on, I should've believed you." Celeste said

Makoto smiled "Okay then just follow our lead."

Phillip came in, and walked over to Celeste and tried giving her a hug and a kiss but she refused.

Makoto threw him off "Hey! Knock it off she doesn't want you kissing her then back off!"

"Easy there Makoto" He smirked "The only reason we kept you alive was to use your powers."

"That still doesn't make what your doing right!" Makoto said

Phillip gave Makoto a look of death. "Just do your damn job Makoto." Phillip said walking out.

Celeste started crying Rose and Makoto went to comfort her and get her ready for the war.

It was the afternoon, the war started. Sirens went off, Snow came in with her army and the pigs with theirs with Makoto, Rose and Celeste on the front lines. When they both gave their commands to start attacking the three turned around and fought with Snow.

"What the fuck are they doing!?" The pigs said

"Traitors...." Goldilocks said.

"Send her in!" The pigs said

"Will do" Goldilocks said grabbing her sniper rifle Weyland made.

She walked to an abandoned cottage. Alyx was watching over Naoto.

"I just want to see him...." Naoto said "I missed his whole childhood because you monsters needed me for this!!!"

"Yeah there's a change of plans, we need you to kill your son." Goldilocks said

Naoto at a loss for words "I......I.....He's my son...... I could never do that....."

"Remember our promise? You help us and we'll resurrect your precious Luke. All you need to do is kill your son." Alyx said

"Fine.....As long as I get to see him." Naoto said

Back on the battlefield it was pretty one sided but there were two people who stepped on to the battlefield.

Snow in shock saw Makotos mother "Naoto!?"

Naoto looked sad "I'm sorry Snow..." She held up her tarot card and summoned her persona

Makoto looked at her "So that's my mom?"

Naoto looked at her son and smiled. "I'm sorry but this is how it has to be!"

She ordered her persona to attack Makoto.

Makoto laughed blocking her personas attacks "You're going to have to do better than this!"

Naoto laughed "You have your fathers spirit sweetheart!"

Makoto gained the advantage for a while getting off a few hits.

"Why did you leave!!!" Makoto yelled

"They gave me an opportunity to see your father again!" Naoto said

Makoto and the persona clashed swords "So you just threw me away? I read Lukes stuff and he said you were really happy when I was first born!"

"I was! But I had to get away and think, then they gave me an offer I just couldn't refuse!" Naoto said while gaining the advantage and striking Makoto multiple times. Makoto fell, while Naoto stood over him loading her gun.

"You know I expected you to be a harder target from what Alyx told me." Naoto said

He laughed "Yeah well being exhausted from previous fights is a wonderous thing." He coughed up some blood and looked at Alyx "So much for friends huh?"

"I was reprogrammed to pick sides I choose the one with more experience." Alyx said

Naoto finished loading her gun aimed it while Makoto closed his eyes......Bang!!!

When Makoto opened his eyes he saw Celeste on the ground bleeding.

Naoto in shock "W-what the hell!?"

Makoto began to rise. He had a purple sphere in his hand.

Naoto looked over and saw Makoto standing.

Snow and Rose saw the sphere and realized that it was the sphere from Lukes body.

Makoto gave a maniacal smile and spoke one word "Death" He smashed the sphere. He heard a voice.

"If you are to use this power you'll need to provide a body afterwords." the voice rang

"I'll give you two!!!" He smiled and laughed

All of Makotos injuries were healed as he took the form of his fathers true form.

He rushed after Alyx at an unbelievable speed, causing damage to the point she was no more. He turned to Naoto but as much as Makoto wanted to kill her he heard a voice.

"You can't kill family because your mad at them Makoto, she loves you but her heart aches." The voice rang

So Makoto turned to Phillip.

"You think I'm scared!!!" Phillip shouted

Celeste got up and saw Makoto destroying everything in his path. She saw him killing Phillip as slow as possible.

"MAKOTO STOP!!!" She yelled

Makoto dropped Phillip who was more than dead, coming out of transformation realizing Celeste wasn't dead. Makoto ran over she was still bleeding so he picked her up and started running with Naoto behind them. Snow realizing this has gone too far used her last resort.

"That should take care of that." Snow said

On the other side of the field Goldilocks loaded her rifle.

"And how the mighty will fall" She said

She took aim and saw that she could take out Snow and hurt Makoto. She pulled the trigger.....the shot rang out.

Makoto looked at his shoulder was practically blown off, he collapsed dropping Celeste he looked up and Snow had a hole in her head. Rose ran over to Snow and Naoto ran over to Makoto he blacked out hearing voices calling their names.......

That's it! Sorry if this is a bit long but I might not be able to write tomorrow due to College shenanigans so I made it longer! :P Any questions or comments let me know! :D

• I LOVE the connection to the Farm story arc from the comics! So awesome! And, it was crazy how we were seeing it through the eyes of Makoto and the people he cared about, almost giving a new perspective to the whole situation!

War!!! The next day Makoto slept through while Rose set up plans to stop the revolution. Everything was set up to for the start of the wa

• Chapter 35

'Family versus Family.'

Hope sat on the edge of the stone counter. Josiah continued to scream, as Romulus held the bot close to his chest. He swayed the boy in his arms, trying to sing a very off key song. Hope's entire family was now in chains; her sisters remaind in cages, as Junior watched from the mirror. Behind him, a very pregnant Mary glanced through and tried to make out what was taking place.

"Pandora's Box." Junior whispered, as Mary leaned forward. "Echidna opened the damn thing. All that's evil is inside her body."

"Who, Hope?"

"Yes."

Mary looks around. "Where is Jersey?"

"Echidna took him. Not sure where, though."

"You want me go and look to see-"

"You're pregnant, Mary. We can't risk it. Besides, let me find this Snake bitch and give her a piece of my mind."

Mary rubs her massive belly. She feels several kicks against her hand. "Hmmm. I don't know, daddy. The babies want mommy to help look for their uncle and help save their cousin."

Junior rolls his eyes. "Fine. But be safe, Mary....please."

Mary kisses Junior before hoping into the mirror. "I got this, Porgie. She will never know I'm there."

"The first sign of trouble-"

Mary was gone before Junior could finish. His main target now was the little girl consumed by Evil.

Penny and Peter tried to yank the chains from within the ground; Peter managed to change into his mighty Wolf form and grab them with his teeth. He pulled several times but each time he did, a strange sensation would burn at the end of his paws and shoot all along his body. Penny attempted but failed when her nose began to bleed.

"Thought it would be THAT easy, huh?" Hope laughed, as Peter and Penny looked on. "Did you think that, you foolish Wolves. You and your egos."

It was difficult, especially for Katie, to hear Hope speak in such a manner. Katie's strive to comunicate with her daughter failed miserably. Hope only laughed and ignored her mother's pleas. They knew this wasn't Hope; Echidna managed to take over the young girl's body and mind. Romulus, still holding Josiah, walked over to Penny.

"Want this, Wolf?"

Penny looks up at Hope. "Please! I know you can hear me, Hope! Fight this! Look at what they are doing to your cousin!"

For a second, Hope's beautiful blue eyes flickered against the red. Everyone was hoping the sound of her family's please would return their innocent child. Instead, it seemed to fuel the Evil within. Hope jumped from the counter, onto the ground and walked to Romulus. She grabbed the baby from his hands, as she walked over to the window.

"Hope!" Katie struggled against her chains. "Hope, sweetie! What are you doing!?"

Josiah continued to scream, as Hope held the baby outside the window. "Be a REAL shame, wouldn't it, Penelope? All this time, wasting away. Poor little guy. He didn't ask for this..."

Penny, returning to her Wolf form, found it more and more difficult to not show hatred towards Hope.

"You leave him alone! You hear me, bitch! Let them go!"

Hope cackled. Junior, now leaping from the mirror, walked over to Remus. The Wolf was sitting in the back; view of the mess he helped create, as Hope continued to mock her aunt's cries. Junior grabbed Remus' mouth, as the bewildered Wolf looked deep into Junior's eyes. They had the same apperance as of Mary in her true form.

"Hello, Remus. Long time no see."

Muffled answers could be heard under Junior's hand. Remus tried to bite down on one of Junior's fingers but he quickly noticed the glass peaking from his neck and face. Blood poured from his eyes.

"The matter, Wolf, huh?" Junior released his grip. "Speak."

"You monster! I never meant for this! She promised me NO ONE would get hurt! My brother...that asshole! He knew all along!"

Junior pinned Remus to the wall. "You have ONE shot to make this better. WHERE is Echidna and WHY did she take Jersey!? What does she want with this family!?"

Remus began to shake under Junior's hand. "She and Jersey-they along with YOUR father, the Crooked Man...YOUR Mary and several other Fables teamed up to take back what was theirs-Fabletown! They were going to take it, right from under Snow and Bigby's nose! Things just got out of control."

"Like how?"

"The Crooked Man became consumed with power and wealth. The plan was no longer important to him; he used the misery of others to fuel his fire and left the rest of us to burn out or frantically search for another way! Echidna and Jersey decided to team up, over-throw the Crooked Man when the time came and take back Fabletown."

Junior bared his teeth to Remus. "What ELSE, Wolf?!"

"But Jersey...he was told something different by the Witches. Georgie...he lived. Sent to the Farm. Jersey had an option to make HIS life better! The Witches showed him Katie! He had to repair HIS relationship with Georgie in order to gain this opportunity!"

"And where did that leave the others?"

"Echidna was furious! The one person she counted on, never thought would be able to love another, left her alone to deal with the Sheriff sniffing around and Snow now in charge. She didn't have a CHANCE! So, she came up with the last plan and that delt with Pandora's Box."

"How did my grandfather get his hands on it?"

"She used the Folker and Fable war as her gateway inside. While everyone was distracted by the problems within the city, she was using them to her advantage! Echidna was going to unleash something so powerful, nothing would be able to stop it. But your grandfather-Mr. John Smith, a Council member on the Wolf Clan-was able to outsmart Echidna, take back the box and imprison her deep within."

Junior released his grip. Remus fell to the floor, trying to catch his breathe. "So, Echidna used the box, to get to Hope. She's using Hope as her own personal weapon..."

"Only that of purity could hold such Evil. Hope was her vessel, the way to get all that inside. Your grandfather was a good man, Junior...his demise and imprisonment was-"

Junior looked over. "Imprison? No, my grandfather is dead."

Remus smiles. "So you all think. Echidna is a very powerful woman, Junior. She has the ability to do anything she pleases with the box, should it open and reveal its true potential."

Junior grabs Remus, as they hide in the darkness.

"Listen to me, Wolf. We got to get that box, Hope and try to put that stuff back inside before its too late."

Remus agrees. "I'll try and get Penny. She is the key."

Junior looks forward. "That's what worries me."

Jersey slammed into the brick wall. Echidna aimed the amulet in Jersey's way; the Witch of Endor stood beside the Leeds' home, as she stood nearby and looked on.

"You made a mistake, Jersey! We could've had something!"

Jersey hissed. "Let them go, Echidna. This is between US, not my family!"

"Well, now see, it DOES have to do with them! Who would've known your sweet little Hope would be the key!"

Jersey, wings expanded to his sides, jumped at Echidna. His claws stuck out and aimed for her throat. The Snake woman smiled, slithered to the aide and watched as Jersey crashed into the stone walls. They ratled, as several pieces fell from the ceiling and gathered at the floor. Jersey looked around; it had be centuries since he'd been this far into his past.

Jersey flashed his teeth. "Let them go, Echidna! It won't hurt as much if you do."

Echidna cackles. "Temper, Temper, Jersey Devil. I almost had you that day. Could've had those brats too, were it not for their abilitites and my poor choice in henchmen."

Jersey stops in his tracks. "YOU!" His voice carries along the stone walls. "It was YOU that sent those hunters! You almost had my daughters killed!"

"Calm down, Jersey! A few 'gone' wouldn't make a difference, would it? I mean, shit-thirteen kids!?"

Jersey leaned his head back and roared. He charged at Echidna. The Witch beside her tossed a glowing ball in front of the creature, causing Jersey to roar in pain and claw at the air. Jersey coughed and was motionless, as his youngest daughter stood before him. Echidna stood back and laughed, as Hope turned into a fearsome and evil creature. Jersey no longer had the urge to fight; he was trapped and lost, with nothing to guide him.

Echidna points at Hope. "Well, Evil versus Evil. WHO will win? Sweetie, you know what to do..."

Hope opens her claws and runs towards Jersey. he, however, could only stand and watch, as Hope grew closer and closer.

For once, he was powerless.

Chapter 36 soon :) Had time before my break; oh wow, have twenty minutes left! Sweet. If you have any questions, you know the drill. Sorry for the late chapter. Bad pie! Bad, bad!

• Thanks EMMYPESS! Glad you liked my spin on seeing things through another characters eyes :D I also saw it as an opportunity to show what happened to Naoto while introducing some characters. I will be drifting on and off from the comics so there will be more! :)

I LOVE the connection to the Farm story arc from the comics! So awesome! And, it was crazy how we were seeing it through the eyes of Makoto and the people he cared about, almost giving a new perspective to the whole situation!

• The Porgie Clan

Part 3 and 4

Alt text
    Alt text

Other ones will have color. Promise. Sucks not having time. :( enjoy!

• Junior looked over. "Imprison? No, my grandfather is dead."

Remus smiles. "So you all think. Echidna is a very powerful woman, Junior. She has the ability to do anything she pleases with the box, should it open and reveal its true potential."

0_0 No! NO, NO, NO, NO! Is John still alive and trapped in the box?! But....no! No, no, no! I don't know what to think anymore, Pie! I knew John couldn't die THAT easily! This is getting so intense! So much! Feelings!

I loved that bit with Mary and Junior. Like he could EVER tell her anything and Mary actually listens. XD

The idea of Penny being the Black Knight and it being the only way to rid the evil and take back what belongs to Fabeltown is making me uneasy; the thought of Penny killing her neice, to save the lives of so many. I have this feeling Oliver will do something but I won't say, incase you reveal it in the next chapters. :)

So, Echidna took Jersey back to the Leeds home? Where he grew up, right? wow. This bitch will do at NOTHING to make her opponent weak and unable to fight back; his childhood home, his daughter before him! :'( Now she's using Hope to battle her own father! God, pie! I KNEW those were not mundy hunters!!

This is getting really good! I can't wait to see what happens. YES! Bad, VERY bad pie indeed!! XD

Chapter 35 'Family versus Family.' Hope sat on the edge of the stone counter. Josiah continued to scream, as Romulus held the bot clos

• Junior's face in the second page! XD

I loved these; poor Junior is so determined to get Mary out! Would love to see them in color but black and white works, too. :) These are so good!

The Porgie Clan Part 3 and 4 Other ones will have color. Promise. Sucks not having time. enjoy!

• Chapter 19

The Farm

Robert was pleasently surprised to see Lyla sitting in the passenger seat of the Truck. Rose, however, seemed more annoyed and felt her apperance was an inconvinence. She sat in the back, while Robert tried to strike up a small conversation with Lyla.

"I'm....sorry for earlier. Glad you are here, though."

He could feel his heart thump widly against his chest. Lyla didn't budge but simply kept her glance out and towards the road. She never made a response to Robert. He took that as her answer, as he took a seat beside Rose. Snow finished her conversation with her sister, took her place behind the wheel and headed to the Farm. The traffic wastouch and go, as they left the city behind and headed down a dirt road.

Snow greeted a man at the gates, as he tipped his hat to the passengers. Robert smiled, as they headed to the main village. Snow parked to the side, as the three riding along exited the Truck. Lyla stretched her back, as Rose took out a cigarette and lit one up.

"You can't do that here." Robert grabbed her hand. "You'll get in trouble and-"

Rose sticks out her tongue. "I could honestly care less..."

Robert tried one more time but when Rose refused, he knew his answer. Nurse Sally, the one in charge of the children, greeted Snow and the others.

"Its nice to see you here, Deputy Mayor."

"Please. Call me Snow White."

Sally gave a slight nod, as she grabbed the paperwork.

"Has he...changed at all today?"

Sally looked up. "He did for a bit after lunch. We are trying to teach him how to control his Grendel side. We explained to the boy that his mommy and daddy really want to take him to fun places and he must learn how to shape shift."

Lyla smiled. "Is he in there?"

"He's actualy out back. He's playing in the fields. I'll show you to him."

Sally and Snow walked around the Barn. Lyla, Rose and Robert followed behind, as they found the young Grendel boy playing with a baby Duck near the river banks. Robert and Lyla watched their son dip his head into the water; he splashed the water with his massive hand, as he clawed at the water and flicked water at tiny bugs that flew around his head.

"RJ. You have visitors."

RJ looks over and nearly falls over with excitment. He leaps up, runs towards his parents, as Robert extends his huge arms out.

"MOMMY! DADDY!"

Robert could feel the burning sensation growing in his eyes. "My boy! Come here, son!"

RJ slams into Robert's body, as he embraces his father. Robert can no longer hold back the tears, as he cradles the young boy. RJ looks up and waves at Lyla. She walks over, kisses him on the forehead and prepares for hit trademark hugs.

RJ looks around. "Where is daddy Georgie? Is he going to visit?"

"No baby. Just us today. Daddy Georgie is busy. He promises to visit you tomorrow with your brothers and sisters."

RJ smiles widely. "That sounds good, mommy."

While Snow talks to Sally on the side, RJ takes Robert and Lyla to the river he was playing in. RJ, sadly, is still in his true form.

"Daddy, mommy, look! I mad mud pies!"

Rose sits back and watches them interact; she tosses the burning butt to the ground and stomps it out. RJ turns around and notices Rose.

"RED! RED, come play with me!"

"Today is for mommy and daddy, bud. Play with them."

RJ smiles. "Next time?"

"Pinky promise."

Lyla kisses the top of his head. "So, sweetie. The nurse tells me you've been practicing your changes?"

RJ nods. "YUP! I got it almost down, mommy! I want to see you, and daddy Georgie and daddy and my sisters and-"

"Do you think you can try, sweetie?"

RJ closes his eyes, stands back and does his best to concentrate. Before Robert could say a word, his son is in human form. Robert nearly falls into tears; the boy does look just like him. Rj also had his uncle's cheesy smile. Lyla laughs.

"You look more and more like daddy each time I see you."

She sighs, causing Robert to look over. Was that a bad thing?

"That's what uncle Gren said to me."

"When did your uncle Gren see you, bud?" Robert was shocked; Gren didn't mention a visit to the Farm.

"Yesterday."

Robert stood up and looked at Lyla. "Can anyone see him?"

"Yes. My folks were here just the other day."

RJ clapped. "Nana brought me Pumpkin cookies!"

Robert would have a chat with his brother; for now, he was enjoying the moment he had with RJ. RJ showed them his room and all the neat drawings he made. Robert took one off the wall.

"You drew this?"

"Yup, yup, yup! I made this one for you and this for mommy."

"Wow. These are really good, kiddo."

RJ hands Robert a drawing of the three of them; Robert noticed his hand holding Lyla's. Lyla received one with both her, Georgie and all the siblings.

"Its beautiful, son. Thank you, baby."

Lyla and Robert follow RJ to another room. He has shelves upon shelves of books. Sally walks around the corner.

"He's a reader, this one. Very intelligent for his age."

"Get's that from his mother. It skipped the Grendel side..."

RJ takes a book down. "I like the chapter books. I like to picture the story in my head. Its more fun that way."

Lyla picks up a very think book located on the night stand. "Harry Potter? You are reading this, baby?"

"Yes. I love all the magic, plots, adventures he and his friends have."

Lyla pauses to wip a tear from her eyes. Robert notices this, as he wraps his arm around her shoulder. She does not hesitate to allow it. Rose, however, stands back and watches. Snow folds her arms.

"He's something, isn't he Rose?"

"Don't talk to me like I'm a child, Snow."

"You can't keep doing this. You talk about Robert but-"

"Don't worry about me, sister. I've got this..."

Rose leaves the building to smoke another cigarette. She does not want to 'ruin' Robert's precious moments with Lyla. As RJ plays with his toy train and wears the red flannel shirt Robert bought him, he and Lyla sit on the bed and look at all the drawings.

"Wow. He's marvelous, Lyla."

"He is something, Robert."

Lyla looks down at his arm; the mark glows brightly, as he tries to hide it. "I, umm...sorry again."

Lyla smiles. "No, I'm sorry. It's just. I'm so protective of Georgie and my kids. You know that. Must be the she-wolf, I suppose."

"That's the one thing that I loved about you. Passion. So mush passion."

Lyla grabs Robert's hand. "He's a wonderful boy, Robert. Sorry again...I should have told you. My father...he could've done something."

"I'm here now, Lyla. Don't worry about it. Its in the past."

RJ holds up his toy train. DADDY! MOMMY! Come here, please! I wanna play with you!"

Lyla and Robert both sit beside their son. Each take a train set and play pretend. Robert is taken back by his son's imagination and the silly stories he has for everything. Robert also can't help but notice the woman who helped creat him; Lyla brushes back a strand of hair, as her glamorous laughter fills his head. She almost seems to sparkle, as the sun light strikes her beautiful form.

"VROOM VROOM!"

Robert is brought back by RJ, who now has a train rolling along his back. He laughs, as RJ continues to play. For the moment, Robert would take this oportunity and run with it.

He was with his son and Lyla. Nothing else mattered. All the while, rose stood outside and waited.

Simply waiting.

Chapter 19 coming soon. Any questions, you know what to do. Can't wait for tomorrow! My money is on girl, Pie! :)

• You and your noiriest way of saying things, dude. XD

I knew I should have joined the queue earlier: it's as crazy as buying a new iPhone! :P

• Dang, Georgie went from owning a club the previous day to shoveling shit the next. The life of a pimp, eh?

Reynard scene was the best as well, sorry G.P.!

Prologue "Welcome to the Future" Goldilocks stood in the middle of the dirt road, papers in hand and a pen in the other. Georgie walke

• Even if Robert doesn't love Rose (unfortunately) because of his mark, it's still nice to see her sticking with him no matter what!

Chapter 18 I'm sorry Lyla didn't stay very long. She took several bites from her food and decided to take the rest home to the kids. R

• "You've still got a while before we can tell the gender of your baby," Swineheart explained,"But, things are coming along well. Healthy, growing just right. No other symptoms?"

"No, no bleeding, nothing. I'm not so sure, maybe the baby doesn't have Jackson's powers."

"Or, they may be lying dormant," Jackson said. "My mother was able to carry me and my sister full term with only 2 episodes of profusive bleeding. My sister Mary, she explained to me how different it was with each of her children. Now THAT'S endurance."

Scarlett thought back to the time her cousins Rachel and Eleanor were born. Her mother had told her that Carter was the earliest birth of them, and yet they were still severely premature. She said that's the reason Eleanor has some breathing difficulties, and that Rachel has a hard time focusing in school. It scared Scar to think that it could happen to her child, too. She prayed that she could hold her baby to full term.

Jackson grazed his fingers on her shoulder, smiling down at her as her belly was cleaned up. She stood carefully as Swineheart left a brief moment to develop the pictures he took.

Jackson and her sat in the side chairs, waiting for Swineheart's return.

"Do we have any names?" Jackson asked her, his eyes twinkling under the luminescent lighting.

"Well....yeah, a couple." Scar said.

"I would love to hear them," He replied, stroking her belly as they sat side by side.

"Well, for a boy, I was thinking...maybe Joel, or Lucas." Scarlett looked up at the clock. It was 3 in the afternoon. Tomorrow, they would be heading back to the Farm, though she did not want to leave with the condition in which her sister was in. Jackson's voice brought her back into the conversation.

"I like both of them. Any girl names?"

"No...no I haven't come across any that I've liked." It was true. She adored the boys names she had picked out, but for girls, it seemed as though the task was a million times harder. There were so many good names, that she could not narrow it down. She wondered exactly how her mother could pull off naming all of them so easily.

Jackson smiled, gripping his girlfriend's wrist softly."Well....I was thinking maybe Charlotte? My grandmother's name was Charlotte, and she was one of the best people I ever knew. I want the baby's name to have meaning to it, you know?"

"Charlotte....that is a lovely name. I love it." Scar looked at Jackson, a deep longing in her eyes. She loved him, she loved every bit of him. And the name he'd picked out... it sounded so elegant. She kissed him softly, just as Swineheart had reentered the room.

"I'm back! Here is the folder-" He handed the manila folder to Jackson,"- And I will be seeing you when it's ready to find out the gender! January, okay?"

"Perfect," Scar said. "Hopefully we can make it down in time. Thank you, Doctor Swineheart."

"It's no problem, I'm just doing my job. Have a relaxing afternoon, and try not to stress over your sister too much. It won't do you any good, that's for sure."

Scarlett smiled weakly, and together her and Jackson made their way to intensive care, where her sister was slowly piecing reality together for herself. Every time she saw Elora, she felt a stab of guilt, and althought it was growing weaker as time passed, she reckoned it would never fully go away. She reached the room quicker today, not getting lost like last time. Her mother seemed to have known these halls better than the ones in their home.

In the room, Elora was sat up. She was still thoroughly bandaged, and the cuts on her face were scabbed over. She was smiling when they entered the room, waving softly so as to not disturb the IV in her arm.

"Hi guys," She said. She was slowly regaining her confidence, though there were many times that she would lose it out of the blue. Scarlett had to be careful in what she talked about with her sister, for if it brought back particularly painful memories, there would be a river of unstoppable tears or flailing arms of rage. The doctors were doing some studies on her behavior, though Scarlett figured the only reason Elora was acting this way was because of the accident.

"Hey Ellie," Scar said, walking in. It was almost as if everyone was pretending she was 10 again, for her sake. She had stopped being called Ellie when she was approximately 12, but right now, she did not know that. Scarlett almost laughed to herself out loud, remembering the tantrum her sister had pulled those years ago, about how she was a 'woman' and needed to be 'respected' and that the name Ellie was for 'babies.'

"Mom just left to get food," Elora said. She had started calling people the same way she normally did, though it was visibly awkward for her to be shortening Mommy and Daddy to Mom and Dad.

"Right. I assume she'll be back soon," Scar said. Her and Jackson sat on the couch in the room. She was glad Elora had changed rooms, the other one had very few spots to sit, but this one was set up for more permanent residence. She wondered how long Elora had to stay in the hospital. Only time and progress would tell.

"Guess what?" Elora said, smiling.

"What?" Jackson asked. He hand his arm around Scarlett, a little nervous but otherwise cooperative.

"It turns out, that I still wrote in a diary even now, and Dad brought it from home. I've been reading it, and it's helping with some things I was confused on. I also can draw really good still. It's like...my hands remember how to do things, but my mind does not. Well, maybe it does, but I don't know how it does. Look-" She held a few papers from her bedside table up. Several detailed flowers, that almost looked real had they been colored in, were strewn across the paper. It was a scene, as if they were thrown on the wood floor of someone's bedroom.

"That's amazing," Scarlett said. She eased up a little, realizing that today was one of her sister's good days. Just as Elora set the papers down, Harmony had entered. Harm had a habit of using her belly as a support for the things she held. Her coffee cup sat at the top with her hand around it, while the other hand carried a bag of snacks or something.

"Oh, you're back from the appointment already?" Harmony gestured to them, placing the paper bag down and sipping her cup of coffee. She dug into it, pulling out a bagel and handing to to her daughter, then tossing a blueberry muffin to Jackson.

"Yum," Jackson said, taking a bite into the pastry. Munching on it, he handed Harmony the folder contain their baby.

Elora was considerable curious, her eyes darting between her family members. "What are those?"

"My baby," Scarlett said. She tried not to say things that were too complicated for Elora, though part of her thought maybe she would understand despite the circumstances.

"Oh. I...I think I'm tired again. You can go home you guys, I will sleep."

And with that, the three of them stayed a few more minutes before heading out.

Until today, I have never cried for a book. I just finished Clockwork Princess, and it is probably one of the greatest novels I have ever ever read. I'm seriously so emotionally distraught, that yelling will not satisfy my feelings. I have a broken heart for it, and yet I am also extremely happy. You wouldn't understand unless you read it yourselves. I just want to cry for both joy and sadness at the exact same time. This has been the most satisfying ending to a book I have ever read, and I'm going to have to take a break from reading any books for a few days to recover. You KNOW it's a good book when that happens.

Don't worry though, I will continue to read and write on here regularly. This was a late post because I started it when I got home, but then we had company and then I became immersed in my book and I finished it and I think I'm going to go cry some more so good night guys. I love you all.

Sorry this chapter ended so abruptly, but I cannot think straight.

• Ooo, I love speeches at the dinner table! Makes it usually seem more epic. :P Anyways, another good ending.

Thanksgiving Challenge Part 15: Let's feast The men pulled up to the Smith Manor. Out of the vehicles first were the kids. Peter and R

• Strange... I thought I read this earlier. Damn mind tricking me again, anyhoo! Everything about this was literally the best, especially the Minecraft part. So true, so true...

People gathered around a long table, having fun, eating turkey until they burst, and overall joyful of the holidays. That was what was su

• edited November 2014

Haha, thanks for wishing me a happy b-day again!

As for me, I'm doing alright - it's just been another calm, relaxing day in the life of a Dragon.

Elora woke up wildly, her arms thrashing to get a hold of something solid. Something to bring her back into reality. There were tubes com

• edited November 2014

That's quite the fight! I'm still none-the-wiser as to who Celeste and Philip are, but seeing Naoto back explains some things. That Goldilocks sure is a piece of work - I just hope Makoto will be okay!

And those pesky college shenanigans! shakes fist :P

War!!! The next day Makoto slept through while Rose set up plans to stop the revolution. Everything was set up to for the start of the wa

• Ahhaa. I haven't got that far in the comics, but that does answer my question of how Colin's head keeps talking to Snow. XD

Spoken like a true father. :)

No please, ask away. Although that WOULD be a wonderful idea, the thought of his future granddaughter presenting these stones, the Hope see

• The pieces of the puzzle are starting to fit into place! Remus' explanation and Echidna mentioning the hunters answers some questions. Just how is Penny the key, though? And can Hope be saved? Got me hooked for the next chapter!

Also, I love Mary and the babies wanting to help! XD

Chapter 35 'Family versus Family.' Hope sat on the edge of the stone counter. Josiah continued to scream, as Romulus held the bot clos

• I love reading these! XD Junior's expressions are so expressive! And I enjoy the little details in the background, such as the chest of drawers, lamp, and pictures. :)

The Porgie Clan Part 3 and 4 Other ones will have color. Promise. Sucks not having time. enjoy!

• Even though Robert may feel betrayed, it's good RJ still has family come and visit him. :) Speaking of RJ, would he be a couple of years older than the Porgie children?

Chapter 19 The Farm Robert was pleasently surprised to see Lyla sitting in the passenger seat of the Truck. Rose, however, seemed more

• Given the four books (if I've found it correctly) in the Maze Runner series, and books in any series, unsatisfying endings can be disappointing. I guess with those stories it's sort of the journey that counts as opposed to the destination. World War Z must be the book the film is based on! Which admittedly isn't hard to guess, but I've never read an actual zombie book so I might give it a go if it's good; as for reading half and then leaving it for a while I do that too. xD I've heard of Mortal Instruments - a sixth book came out earlier this year. :) Sounds like you need to get reading - have fun! :D Personally, I always used to stick to one book, but then I too realized that there were so many I want to read and now I usually have a few books on the go at once. Currently, it's Game of Thrones, Master Humphrey's Clock (a Charles Dickens), and The Body Snatchers. And then there's keeping up with this thread!

Certainly! I was sad when I finished the Divergent series, and I even worse when I finished the Maze Runner series, though I was more mixed

• Movies are a plus, and you get the benefit of knowing you've probably helped someone else with the blood. :) Which just totally reminds me of the Vampire storyline a few weeks back, but let's not go there.

Having weak bones must be very aggravating to have to live with, not least because of the time it might take to repair them when broken. It sucks that you'd have to know about mental health stuff if you've had family members that have had to deal with it, though like you say just because it's not physical doesn't mean it's weird; thanks. :) Unfortunately I'm out of school not because it'll help but because of how ill I am: clinical anxiety and depression, subsequently leading to an unhelpful (and unhealthy) amount of weight-loss. I'm building back up slowly, but I had a bit of PTSD since I was 8 and it was only treated a couple of years ago, so it's taking me a while. I figure that most of us have got something to deal with, though - like your step mother - and this is mine. :)

I actually thought the same thing. I have a general way of going about this, and I will certainly address how Elora is with Jackson if she w

• It's got to be a relief that Scarlett's babies aren't showing any signs of being particularly difficult in terms of the cutting and bleeding. Jackson seems to be really getting into the partner and father role, and Charlotte is a lovely name. Anyway, I love the image of Harmony balancing things on her protruding stomach: she's ever practical is that one. xD That ending is a bit ambiguous, though. Maybe Elora really did come over tired, but it's an odd coincidence just after Scarlett had mentioned her baby, and Elora has been reading her diaries. Hmm.

Wow, Clockwork Princess really is one heck of a book! And yelling apparently worked so well for the Fables comics a few months back! I normally find that crying for both joy and sadness can lead to hiccups, but it sounds well worth it.

And there was me thinking the chapter ending was for story emphasise! And yeah, we are a great bunch. ^_^

"You've still got a while before we can tell the gender of your baby," Swineheart explained,"But, things are coming along well. Healthy, gro

Sign in to comment in this discussion.