Start a Story, be your own Fable. (Create a Fable Thread)

Comments

• Yes! THIS was it! Okay...I will HAVE to calm her down! xD

EMMYPESS posted: »

It's so good, oh my god! The cover was this: so if that's the issue, then yes, you will have to calm her down XD

• Chapter 36

'Wings of a Butterfly'

"Go ahead and show them your love; rip out the wings of a butterfly for your soul. Don't let go, my love. Rip out the wings of a butterfly for your soul." -Hinder

"I can't do it!"

Jersey was pinned to the stone wall; his youngest daughter now had her claws wrapped around his neck. The blood surged from the open wounds in Jersey's neck. He did his best to push Hope off; the girl was wild, foaming at the mouth and growled with each swipe from her hand. Jersey gave up, as Hope levitated Jersey into the air and tossed him across the room. He landed at the front door.

Echidna slithered her way over; she took pity on her once dearest friend and felt compassion to the groaning beast, now trying to lift his injured body up. Echidna had this thought only her her dreams. The sight of the mighty Jersey Devil, crumbling to the ground like an ancient building. He no longer had the urge to fight, the strength to pull himself up from the ground.

Echidna grabbed his boney chin and held it inches from her face. "You pathetic fool. You could have had this all..."

Jersey hisses, trying to avoid eye contact. "I made my own decisions, Echidna. Perhaps you should do the same."

Echidna, annoyed with Jersey's presence, tossed the creature aside. She snapped her fingers, alerting Hope into action. The girl, prepared for round two, stood on hind legs. She was reluctant to attack and tear her own father up. Jersey no longer knew what to do, as he faced his own flesh and blood for another battle. Echidna stood beside the Witch of Endor. Both looked out at their marvelous creation.

"Soon, we will have Fabletown in the palm of our hands. This city, these Fables-the WORLD-will belong to me."

The Witch cackled. "Patience, my dear. We must see this child's TRUE potential. Let her become the most EVIL of beings, thus allowing the power to fully work and show us its capability..."

Echidna stroked the box, cooing as she pressed it to her face. "Oh its been centuries....too many years."

They both watched as Hope once again dig her claws deep into Jersey's arm. Jersey tried to pin Hope down; he needed a few moments with his daughter, in hopes of returning his child to her original state. Hope, however, grew stronger with each passing moment. It was then Jersey knew the fate of his youngest daughter.

There was only one thing that could stop this.

Junior and Remus snuck around. Romulus was too busy scaring the girls, still locked away in the cage.

"Leave my children alone you flea filled carpet bag!"

Romulus looked over at Katie. Her eyes were a deep Amber, as she bared her fangs.

"Katie, stop!" Georgie struggled against the chains. "Ya' can't egg him on, love! Ya' don't know what-"

Romulus' hand swung back and ended in between Katie's cheek and jaw line.

"You REALLY need to watch that tone, little lady.But, what can I say-typical Fable behavior, I suppose."

While Remus continued taunting Katie, Junior managed to seek Penny and grab her attention. Her focus, however, was her young son now sitting in a basket. His painful screams circled her mind, as Junior managed to unhook the chains and free his sister.

"Junior, why are you helping him?"

"No. It's HE who is helping US. Penny, I know a way we can get rid of that shit and return everything back to normal. We-"

Penny looked down at the ground. Beside her, Oliver noticed the intense pain brewing in her eyes. He tried to speak; he wanted to tell Penny how much she meant to him and he never wanted this to happen. But he refused to speak. It wasn't worth it. Not now at least.

"You need me....to destroy the Evil..."

Junior swallowed back his tears and simply nodded. He could see the anguish in her eyes. "Penny, I'm sorry. Only you can defeat this. You must free Hope and save Fabletown..."

"By FREEING her, you mean kill my neice. Is that correct, Junior?"

"There is no other way." Junior looks over at Romulus. "If we don't do this soon, we'll lose everything we know and love. Penny-"

Penny turned to face her son, still in the basket. By now he managed to calm himself down, as he sucked his toes and looked towards the ceiling. She smiled; there was something beautiful about her baby at that moment, despite the issues before her. Perhaps Penny wanted to forget the task ahead. Focus on something good. Penny dug into her pocket and pulled out a crumbled paper.

"What is that?"

"The page. From the book Johann was reading earlier. I managed to tear it out. It has the spell on here...to bring the sword right into my hands."

"Well...are you going to do it?"

Penny bit her bottom lip, as the screams from her terrified neices echoed in the room. Her sister's desperate please, her parents anguish cries. Her son. Penny had no other option, as she unfolded the paper and scanned the spell.

"Morchandos, fredushion, gutopste vernosky, luipshk, tosnet."

Remus, Oliver and Junior watched as a Jet black sword appeared in Penny's hand. Her once beautiful blouse and jeans were now matching colored armor and sheild. On the front, a simple skull with a Viper in the empty socket. Penny held out her sword and peered at her brother.

"Take me to her. Take me to Hope."

Before Junior could do this requested task, Oliver grabbed their attention.

"Please, let me go wit' ya' and find Hope. I could be of 'elp, in case Echidna tries ta' do anything-"

Junior did not wait for him to finish, for her unchained Oliver and helped him up. A portal opened inside the mirror hanging near the fireplace. Junior grabbed Remus; he shoved the Wolf in first, as Oliver and Penny would follow. Last thing Junior heard was his sister. He'd be back, as they all traveled in a world so little get to see.

"There." Junior points up. "We are almost here."

Sword ready and heart full of grief, Penny steps out, just as Jersey is impaled into a branch from a nearby tree. Hope, laughing at the inciddent, looks over. She now faces her aunt, as Penny draws the sword. The Witch is eager to take care of the group, until Echidna holds out her hand.

"Let's see where this goes. This should be interesting..."

Echidna looks at Oliver. "Ah. See you have something up your sleeve, eh Oliver?"

He ignores her comments, as Penny holds her ground.

"Its too late, you foolish creatures. This box has been opened. Hope is long gone. I won..."

Hope lunges at Penny, who holds her spot; her feet dig deeper into the wet Earth, as Penny holds her breathe and prepares.

For war. For salvation. To rip the wings off of this beautiful Butterfly.

Chapter 37 soon :) Had time before bed. Had an exciting day. Thank you all for the congrats. Looking forward to my Emily. Went shopping after the appointment and got PLENTY of outfits for awhile. Any questions, you know the drill. Getting close to the end, folks.

• LOVED this issue. On of my top favs. :)

pudding_pie posted: »

Is that the one with Bigby and Rose on the cover? THINK my GF bought that and is going to read. The cover alone had her seeing red (no pun i

• Oh...my...god. Penny is going to do it. She is going to be the one to not only end it all but kill Hope to save the others.

I hope you have another route with this. Perhaps but I can never be too sure with you, pie....you never tell me your plans and keep them a secret. With that being said, Penny as the Black Knight and destroyer of all Evil is to be expected in the next chapter.

I'm looking forward to seeing WHAT actually happens. This is getting intense and you have pulled me in.

Chapter 36 'Wings of a Butterfly' "Go ahead and show them your love; rip out the wings of a butterfly for your soul. Don't let go, my

• That does sound very different from the movie, but a book that you could get very engrossed in. Maybe a note pad would be handy for the information! I haven't actually seen the film, though I obviously know about it, so the book might be a good place to start if the film took inspiration from the book. Zombie tales can be emotional at times, so the break might be a good thing! Game of Thrones is quite compelling: it's written with a realistic eye to details, with even characters only mentioned once being named and the ins and outs of things like markets being explained, so the world comes alive. It's quite gritty overall - you could probably some it up as sex, blood and power in a mythic land, but there is a lot of depth to the plot.

I've seen the movie, and it's literally NOTHING like to book in every possible way. The only thing the same is the Title, seriously. The boo

• Aside from Elora's problems, things do seem to be going fairly okay, which is nice! Can't help but wonder when William will make his return - to the point where I' considering if he ran over Elora, but I don't think that would be his style. I'll just keep a look out for anything suspicious as things move on. :P

I totally get what you're saying - I love it when a book or a series of books really leaves an impression on you when you've finished it/them. It feels like it's added to yourself a little bit or that your somehow better off for having read it! And that whole thing with you and your dad I just imagine as Harmony and Prince Charming. xD

Yeah, for now there aren't any serious things going on with Scarlett, which is a plus Jackson is trying his best, he really wants to be the

• edited November 2014

throws mini bowler hat out of window I always knew it would be a girl! :D

Seriously, congratulations to you, your girlfriend, and Miss Emily herself!!! :D If it wasn't for this thread or forums none of us might know each other, but thanks to about the last nine months I can honestly say I wish all three of you the very best in life. :)

And now I'm going to get that virtual bowler hat back, because it would still suit a girl!

It's great to see the comic in colour, too! Junior looks such like a younger Georgie it's almost uncanny, though Mary might not appreciate a lamp through the mirror.

Porgie Clan Part 5 Sorry for the crappy quality. Stupid phone. -.-' And I'm here to announce, we are having a.....-drum roll- Girl!! Say hello to Miss Emily Marie Fernandes! She has my nose!

• You damn well better get that bowler hat back, baby Emily would be most displeased otherwise. XD

LupineNoir posted: »

throws mini bowler hat out of window I always knew it would be a girl! Seriously, congratulations to you, your girlfriend, and Miss Emil

• edited November 2014

Perhaps me and Rose can come and see the baby sometime? Don't fret, we'll give her the finest gifts. :P

I'm going to be a TAD worried if the Doctor tells me that! XD Thanks, man. Looking forward to meeting my Emily.

• I will not give too much away, as to avoid spoilers for other readers. All I can say is this: Penny is going to have to put all differences aside and see what really needs to be done. Her entire family, including her son, is in danger and her choices are VERY slim at this moment.

The Black Knight is the destroyer of ALL Evil. Think about that. :)

JJwolf posted: »

Oh...my...god. Penny is going to do it. She is going to be the one to not only end it all but kill Hope to save the others. I hope you ha

• I'd love that. Knowing Rose, the gift with be extravagant and I'm sure Miss Emily would love whatever heads her way. :)

Perhaps me and Rose can come and see the baby sometime? Don't fret, we'll give her the finest gifts. :P

• Reaches for Bowler Hat Hmmm. I think I'll use this just for the hell of it. xD I'll have to explain to her as she get's older; either way, if she's anything like me or her mother, she'll get a kick out of it. :)

Thank you, Noir. We are looking forward and I can't wait to meet her. Since I've joined back in April, the people on this thread have been nothing but wonderful, friendly, entertaining and supportive. I've said this before and will say it again-you guys are my second family and its been one hell of a ride. :D

Glad the color works; I'm still working on the computer program. Testing out some methods and tweeking out the kinks. Hopefully soon, they will be in digital color. Junior is INDEED Georgie's mini me. :) I couldn't see it any other way.

throws mini bowler hat out of window I always knew it would be a girl! Seriously, congratulations to you, your girlfriend, and Miss Emil

• Porgie Clan

Part 6 & 7

Alt text
    Alt text

Any questions, you know the drill :)

Hopefully will have time later to add to the prologue and chapter 37 of Jersey and Katie's tale. :) LOTS of studying for midterms ahead of me. xD

• I love these so much! Georgie washing dishes!? Now I've seen everything!

Oh man, Junior! You went and broke the mirror!!

Can't wait to see what happens. I'm assuming Mary won't be too happy about this! :D

Porgie Clan Part 6 & 7 Any questions, you know the drill Hopefully will have time later to add to the prologue and chapter 37 of Jersey and Katie's tale. LOTS of studying for midterms ahead of me. xD

• edited November 2014

Time to Move on

After the shot rang out.

"HOLY SHIT! WHAT SHOULD WE DO!?" Rose yelled

"I don't know....dear god Makoto sweetie please open your eyes!" Naoto said sobbing

"We gotta move them now!" said some of the animals

"But his arm!" Naoto said

"We.....we can take it off, it might be the best thing to do." The pigs said

"THIS IS YOUR FAULT!!!" Naoto said tears falling down her face

"He'll be fine..... just give him time" Celeste said standing up

"We have a robotic arm we can send to attach to him!" They said

A truck arrived. Everyone got in and started going back.

At the hospital.

"Naoto we need to have a talk" Rose said sternly

"I know I did some stupid things as of late...." She said

"Do you know how much pain you've caused him? DO YOU!?" Rose exclaimed

"Yes I do.....I almost shot him...." Naoto said

"Yeah and now Celeste may not be able to walk again!" Rose said

Naoto was in shock "I knew I shouldn't have believed them but I was desperate!"

"I don't care how desperate you were! Just go!" Rose said pointing to the exit.

"Can I see him when he wakes?" Naoto asked

"That's up to him." Rose said

Naoto nodded walking out.

Rose started to cry, even though she hates her sister she doesn't want her dead! And poor Makoto....she thought

Days go by.....

Makoto started to wake up.

"He's awake!!!" Rose exclaimed

"Ugh....shit.....Rose is that you?" Makoto asked

"Yes! Hey don't move too much!" Rose said

"How do you feel?" Dr. Swineheart asked

"Well besides the throbbing pain in my head and arm I'm fine." Makoto said

"Well that's to be expected you did lose that arm." He replied

"WHAT!?" Makoto said

"Look for yourself." He said

When Makoto looked at his right arm it was mechanical.

"The pigs sent this up before getting arrested apologize for their actions." Dr. Swineheart said

"How's Celeste and Snow? Did they make it out?" Makoto asked

"Celeste will be fine with some physical therapy she will be able to start walking again. Snow is also fine she got lucky though." Dr. Swineheart said

Makoto was relieved "And what about my mom?" he asked

"We had her arrested as well." Rose said

"Can I see her? I have some questions I want to ask her." Makoto asked

"You'll have to take it up with Bigby" Rose said

Makoto stood up "Okay where is he?"

"Uh should he be standing?" Rose said

"I said I'm fine. Where's Bigby?" Makoto asked

"He's in Snows room on duty." Rose said

Makoto got dressed and walked to Snows room.

"Hey Bigby, can I see Naoto when your done?"

"Yeah sure kid I'll be done in a bit. Go see Celeste she wanted to see you as soon as you woke." Bigby said

"Okay, she in her room?" Makoto asked

Bigby nodded and Makoto left to see Celeste.

When he got there she was lying down.

"Hey there!" Makoto said

"MAKOTO!!!" Celeste yelled in excitement

He walked over and gave her a hug.

"How are you holding up?" Makoto asked

"I should be saying that to you." She giggled "But I'm fine thanks."

"How much of physical therapy do you have to do?" Makoto asked

"About nine more months" Celeste said

Makoto looked sad "I'm sorry....."

She laughed "What are you sorry for? Your mother already apologized to me, you did nothing wrong you tried to save me."

Makoto had a smile on his face "Good I'm glad she did! I'm going to see her soon."

"Go easy on her okay? Shes had it rough." Celeste said

"I will." Makoto said

Bigby walked in "Hey kid you almost ready?"

"Yeah just gimmie a sec." He replied

"Have fun! Also I gained back some of my memories, I'll tell you next time you come by!" She smiled wryly

Makoto nodded gave her a hug goodbye and left.

Holding Cell.

"Hey Naoto your kid is here to see you." Bigby said

Her face went from pale to full of life she jumped up and gave him a hug.

"I can't believe it you're okay!" She said tearing up

"I'm fine mom, look mom I have a few questions as to why you left." Makoto said

"I'll tell you." Naoto said

She began telling him from the funeral, she couldn't handle the stress and loss so she wrote a letter saying she was leaving. She told him that she planned on returning in a few years but when she caught word of the pigs up to something she decided to investigate. She found dirt on them but when she confronted them it backfired on her and had her captured telling her what to do and then made her think they could resurrect Luke from the dead, all she needed to do was to cleave through Snows army no matter who it was.

She started to sob "I.....I didn't want to pull the trigger.....but.....but I didn't think they'd let me take you as a prisoner.....And then I thought I'd lose you both...." She started sobbing more

Makoto hugged her and smiled "Hey, it's okay I understand and I forgive you. You were in a dark time and needed help you just found that help in the wrong way, sure what you did was pretty bad" he chuckled "But I'm willing to put that in the past just as long as I know you won't hurt or abandon anyone else" He said

She hugged him tight "I promise! Just please don't leave me like your father did please!"

Makoto sighed "Mom you do know he didn't really leave you, you know? For some great detective you sure can have a thick head when it comes to emotions."

"Your father would tell me that all the time." She replied

"Alright Makoto your time is up." Bigby said

"Okay" Makoto said "I'll visit again sometime soon." He told Naoto

She nodded wiping tears away.

While Makoto was walking back to the hospital he heard a voice.

"Hey kid I heard the news at the farm, big stuff. And that you're a hero!" the voice rang

"I wouldn't say I'm a hero." Makoto said

"And that power of yours it seems unstable but something you can control and make it yours" The woman said coming out of the ally.

"I can't train this it requires bodies." Makoto said

"Bodies that I can supply as long as you put on a show" She smiled

He thought about it, he'd become stronger but was it worth it?

"I'll do it." Makoto said

"Excellent we'll start tomorrow then at midnight. This is going to be the start of a beautiful relationship" She smiled "The names Mary, Bloody Mary." She said disappearing into the night. Makoto shrugged and walked back to the hospital.

That's it! Sorry another long one ;p because I won't be able to write tomorrow because I'm going out with some friends tomorrow. :D so any questions or comments let me know and I'll answer you as fast as I can! :)

• Yeah Celeste probably hasn't had a fun time. Yup the pigs had their own agenda :( Thanks LupineNoir! :D

Philip certainly strikes me as quite the villain, so what ever Celeste's story turns out to be I suspect it will be sad. Those pesky pigs! N

• Given your and your girlfriend's enjoyment of Fables, I reckon she'll be genetically predisposed to it. :) And hopefully bowler hats, too.

Is your due date February? And we do all seem to have connected really well! It's odd how many miles away we all are (unless your name is JJ ;) ), yet it's like we've known each other for years or something. :D Here's to the ride continuing. ;)

I can't deny that I'm excited to see the digital colouring, but I am fond of the traditional approach and I think you've captured something of that classic comic book feel with the pens. :)

Reaches for Bowler Hat Hmmm. I think I'll use this just for the hell of it. xD I'll have to explain to her as she get's older; either way, i

• edited November 2014

It actually landed on the head of a dog and I've spent the last hour chasing it around, but I've got the hat back now. Turns out greyhounds really love bowler hats.

I worry about my imagination sometimes. :L

You damn well better get that bowler hat back, baby Emily would be most displeased otherwise. XD

• I know! Me too! I felt so satisfied reading it, lol!

JJwolf posted: »

LOVED this issue. On of my top favs.

• Awesome! These are coming along fantastically! I love the detailing, especially with facial expressions and the way people react.

Also, good luck on those midterms!

Porgie Clan Part 6 & 7 Any questions, you know the drill Hopefully will have time later to add to the prologue and chapter 37 of Jersey and Katie's tale. LOTS of studying for midterms ahead of me. xD

• Thanks you. :) Some of the characters have this face about them. Fun to doodle. xD

And thanks. Need all the luck. Math, Child Development, English, Spanish 3....aye! ^^;

Awesome! These are coming along fantastically! I love the detailing, especially with facial expressions and the way people react. Also, good luck on those midterms!

• She was willing to name the baby Georgie, if we were to have a son. :) Our daughter WILL know about Fables. TRUST me. xD She'll know about Bigby, the comics, Georgie and the game.

Yes; the doctor said either the end of Feb or begining of March. The way my GF's belly looks, I'm aiming for Feb. :) Despite the miles (I agree with JJ; he's a cool guy, thou) there is something between us all that I can't explain. It works. :)

Hopefully by next month, I should have the pages in digital color. But I do agree; there is something special about hand colored images. More special. :)

Given your and your girlfriend's enjoyment of Fables, I reckon she'll be genetically predisposed to it. And hopefully bowler hats, too.

• Congrats puddin

Alt text

Porgie Clan Part 5 Sorry for the crappy quality. Stupid phone. -.-' And I'm here to announce, we are having a.....-drum roll- Girl!! Say hello to Miss Emily Marie Fernandes! She has my nose!

• edited November 2014

(I was suppose to post this a day ago lol, sorry about that..)

Thanksgiving Challenge!

The Dramatic Dinner 1

Thanksgiving was finally here. The morning was cool and and crisp as the the winds blew through the stone halls of Etan's castle. The children were still sleep while mostly everyone else were up and about.

Penny walked over to Etan and gave him a little kiss before telling him to get out of the bed. He refused, so she asked again, and he still refused so she pick him up will all her strength and asked again exposing her wolfly features.

"Ok honey, I'm up. Jesus."

"It's time to prepare for the evening Etan. The first thing I'm going to need you to do is wake all the men, we are going to need their energy."

"And what will all the ladies do honey?"

"It's a surprise.."

"You know how I love surprises..." Etan as he tries to nibble on her,

So he does what his wife ask her and awakens everyone. He first goes to Robby and Walter and roars furiously waking up them and they immediately draw their weapons after being startled by Etan's roar. He then goes to Draco's room and does the same thing, but instead of being started, Draco fires a small fireball at Etan and misses...

"I guess I should never try that on a dragon..."

Daren, fianl arrives in Daren rooms and tries to wake him up the same way. This time he moves in closes right next to him and just as he about to roar, Daren grabs him and tells him "Don't even..." before letting him go.

"Well, now that the brutes of the house is awake, the wife would like us all to meet in the kitchen, now. Let's go Daren."

"Why...?"

"It's a surprise Daren."

"Surprise, that can't be good."

"Come on, get your lazy butt out of bed. Unless you want me to drag you out of it"

"Whatever... and what about your father? I heard you two got into a argument."

"Nothing to worry about, the old moon wolf can wake himself. Bad enough we already will have enough of him for the remainder of the day."

"You know this was his castle...Etan."

"Please move your ass already, your holding up Daren!"

So Etan gathered all then gentlemen downstairs into the kitchen just as Penny wanted. They notice the women comfortably sitting while have a drink of wine and such. As Etan walks into the kitchen, he informs his wife of his accomplishment.

"Good, now that you all here... You can begin to prepare to feast...!"

"What.....?"

"What....?"

"Huuh?"

All the men in the kitchen.

"Uhhh honey..that was the surprised?" Etan asking.

"It's the boys turn this year, ladies did it last year. So get to work!"

"I should of styed in bed..." Daren having a seat."

"And don't eat the food, Draco." Viera glaring at Draco"

"You better start now boys. They children will be up soon. Ah Lydia, please join us, I just opened this new batch of wine just for us ladies." Penny waving the wine bottle at Ldyia."

So all the gentleman got started on preparing the feast. As Daren gets started on the appetizers he ask Etan, "Why isn't Hati helping?" Etan responds, "Ask him when he gets here. AND FOR GOD SAKES DAREN! YOUR SPILLING THE SAUCE EVERYWHERE!"

To be continued

• edited November 2014

Therese Wolf was a particularly quiet Fable among her grand family that stretched on for several generations. She gardened, and she cooked, and she kept to herself for the most part. The Farm was a peaceful place, she had agreed with those whom she shared a roof with. Between taking care of her parents and her niece, she rarely had time to leave the Farm, and return to the place she ruled named Discardia.

Today was a cold day. There was another fresh sheet of snow blanketing the ground, yet another obstacle preventing her from the thing she loves most; Tending to her plants. There were some days that she wished it was always nice out, so that she could always grow tomatoes and cucumbers and corn and apples. Winter had always put a damper on that dream.

She sat up in bed, the room freezing cold. She forgot to shut the window again last night, and she was lucky not to have snow accumulated on the rug. Shivering, she rubbed her bare arms as she walked to the window to shut it. It was barely light out, the first few rays of sunshine blurring through white clouds. She found that although she despised the cold, she loved the look that nature took when covered in a blanket of white. It was stunning.

And at the same token, brought back painful memories. She blinked those away immediately, and began tackling the tangle of blond curls in front of her vanity mirror. She never found herself particularly beautiful; Just and average woman with an average life, and above average family members. A soft knock brushed against her mahogany door, and she murmured a quiet 'Come in' as she pulled the brush through her hair over and over again.

Scarlett stepped in, her nightgown wrinkled from a night of sleep. She hadn't said anything upon arrival, just sitting in the armchair nearby Therese's spot. The shared smiles, though generally disregarded each other's company for a good ten minutes.

As soon as Therese had finished, she stood, looking over at her niece with wonderment. Why the girl insisted in hanging out here every morning, she would never know. Maybe she was lonely. Maybe she wanted to ask Therese things, but could never bring herself to do so. Maybe she wanted to get away. Therese never asked her why before, just welcomed Scarlett in and continued on with her normal morning routine.

Scarlett was beginning to show signs of a bump. It was the beginning of December, a Thursday which meant that Rose and her newest boyfriend were coming over to eat. It was like a tradition, if she were not busy with work. Afterall, she is the 'King' of the Camelot that has been set up due to her actions.

Therese pulled her closet doors open, stepping in and shuffling through outfits. Her pajamas clung to her body from sweating beneath the thick wool blankets at night. She suspected it were for her nightmares as well, but used the blanket excuse when people asked her of it. A simple purple sweater, dark jeans, and her black boots seemed like a viable option. She changed as her niece busied herself in brushing her hair now. Therese didn't mind if the girl used her stuff; It felt like bonding, despite the lack of conversation. She pulled on the other boot and exited the room, leaving the black haired girl alone to finish composing herself.

The hallways always felt empty to Therese. With the dwindling number of siblings left on the Farm, Therese had to figure out what to do with all of this space, mostly to herself. Snow usually hung around the livingroom, and was more often than not travelling back and forth from the Farm and Fabletown for weeks at a time. She was technically out of retirement for the time being, filling in as the Mayor's Deputy until the right person could be appointed.

It was a temping question to ask of her mother. Therese could go back to Discardia. Take over her role as queen over the broken toys, help fix them further. And yet, her heart told her that they were alright on their own. They have learned for longer than she can count how to live and save, how to be better than they've been dubbed by the human race. Good toys, all of them were. Just broken, and she had fixed them. They have what they need to sustain themselves, and that was enough for her to feel confident that they could be left to their own devices.

She ached to have change. A position like being the Deputy....that was tempting. And yet, she did not want it at the same time. Reynard was the 'Assistant', against Snow's reasoning. Cole had appointed him there before she took the reigns, and therefore she had to keep the sly fox in that position. He was able to turn human now for some time, being given a glamour years ago by Ozma and the other witches. Therese remembered when that caused strife in the community here on the Farm.

She hated to admit it, but she felt bad for the guy, to some degree. He was currently a single father; the Mundy he fell in love with seventeen years ago had died from mundy disease only recently, leaving him with their daughter who was a considerably malicious 16 year old. She was stuck on the Farm, until she could afford a glamour for her tail. Therese had no idea why Scarlett tries to be friends with the girl; She openly rejects friendship from most fables, other than the friend she has in a few animals here.

Going downstairs, Therese grabbed her scarf and coat off of the hanger near the front door. She would be going in to Fabletown today, to meet her mother there and bring her back home. Snow could not drive anymore because of the injuries she'd sustained many years ago, and Bigby was the most dangerous driver of them all. So it was her job to go back and forth to get Snow.

Sucking in a warm breath, she opened the door and felt the crunch of snow under her feet, leading herself off of Wolf Valley and all the way to the little barn in which the car is kept. The path out there was already shoveled by those who wake earlier than her, giving her access to the large doors on the barn. She sat in the front seat, starting the old Toyota Camry up and warming her hands by the heaters that refused to work properly. She pulled out slowly-Sometimes you don't know if there's someone too small to see sneaking up from behind- and drove down the long twisting path that lead to the mundy world. It was going to be a long trip, but she would make it in time if the roads were all plowed.

I hope you like this! It's sort of a prologue of something new; I think I will be focusing on lesser characters this time around, such as Robert and some of Snow's other cubs, but mostly Therese as I've always wanted to create more of her than we already know. I've always favored her the most, though I've never focused myself so much on her before. Any questions, go ahead and ask. I did reference some things (Not many) that came from Fairest and Fables, so if you are confused tell me.

• edited November 2014

Good morning, my homies. So, as some of you may have already noticed, this thread has reached over one hundred-thousand views. A celebration is at hand!

@pudding_pie, @JJwolf, @EMMYPESS, @LupineNoir, @MasterStone, @Tetra

Alt text

• edited November 2014

I thought Lyla was going to change in the first panel, then I realized it was just her eyes being vibrantly colored. :D

• How about you use some of that imagination for your writing? >:3 :P

(nice response back, though!)

It actually landed on the head of a dog and I've spent the last hour chasing it around, but I've got the hat back now. Turns out greyhounds really love bowler hats. I worry about my imagination sometimes. :L

• Interesting indeed! It's awesome Makoto forgave his mom, despite what she did in the past. And basically, Makoto is like the new Adam Jensen now with his new robot arm. XD

Tetra posted: »

Time to Move on After the shot rang out. "HOLY SHIT! WHAT SHOULD WE DO!?" Rose yelled "I don't know....dear god Makoto sweetie plea

• Yahoo!!! Let's celebrate! XD

Alt text

Good morning, my homies. So, as some of you may have already noticed, this thread has reached over one hundred-thousand views. A celebration is at hand! @pudding_pie, @JJwolf, @EMMYPESS, @LupineNoir, @MasterStone, @Tetra

• You know what I just now realize that I did that lol Makoto 'Adam Jensen' Shirogane XD good catch haha!

Interesting indeed! It's awesome Makoto forgave his mom, despite what she did in the past. And basically, Makoto is like the new Adam Jensen now with his new robot arm. XD

• edited November 2014

Most interesting, I say this would be a welcome change of pace for you to start a new story!

Regardless, didn't you post a picture of Therese along with a few other comic characters a while ago? I specifically remember her being blonde and that you had a picture of her at the entrance of someone's house in the middle of a forest.

Therese Wolf was a particularly quiet Fable among her grand family that stretched on for several generations. She gardened, and she cooked,

• He never asked for this. (cue Deus Ex: HR theme)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ns7fNPiNiNc

Tetra posted: »

You know what I just now realize that I did that lol Makoto 'Adam Jensen' Shirogane XD good catch haha!

• Hahaha! I'm definitely going to use those words at some point XD

He never asked for this. (cue Deus Ex: HR theme) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ns7fNPiNiNc

• Alt text
    Alt text

Let us dance the night away!

Good morning, my homies. So, as some of you may have already noticed, this thread has reached over one hundred-thousand views. A celebration is at hand! @pudding_pie, @JJwolf, @EMMYPESS, @LupineNoir, @MasterStone, @Tetra

• Funnily enough, I have been doing just that this afternoon! Should have something to show for it soon. :P

And thanks!

How about you use some of that imagination for your writing? >:3 :P (nice response back, though!)

• That last scene with Junior looks so dramatic! I can sense tension with Georgie coming and Mary possibly appearing! It's oddly nice seeing Georige and Lyla do a couples thing and wash the dishes. ^_^

• If Penny is willing to go man-handling wolf on Etan just to get him out of bed, I don't want to know what she'd do when she's angry! I love the descriptions of Etan waking the guys up. XD And the twist of the men having to prepare the feast! Though it might not be Daren's area of strength. :P

MasterStone posted: »

(I was suppose to post this a day ago lol, sorry about that..) Thanksgiving Challenge! The Dramatic Dinner 1 Thanksgiving was final

• Well, this is a fine start! There were some references I didn't understand - such as the nightmares - but I don't mind the mystery because when I read it in the comics it will all add up. :) Scarlett's behaviour is curious, perhaps she's looking to Therese for something of a role model. Anyway, I enjoyed the descriptions, and can't help but wonder if the Toyota Camry is the car you've recently acquired? :P

Therese Wolf was a particularly quiet Fable among her grand family that stretched on for several generations. She gardened, and she cooked,

• To us all! May the fireworks never end. ;)

Alt text

Sign in to comment in this discussion.