Start a Story, be your own Fable. (Create a Fable Thread)

Comments

• Hmm, I wonder how things will go with Mary. Either way, thank goodness Makoto and Celeste are okay! It was very big of Makoto to forgive Naoto the way he did, but hopefully this is a sign of better things to come for them. :) I like the idea of Makoto being the Fables Adam Jensen. xD

Tetra posted: »

Time to Move on After the shot rang out. "HOLY SHIT! WHAT SHOULD WE DO!?" Rose yelled "I don't know....dear god Makoto sweetie plea

• Prologue

Seasons change

Georgie was wide awake. The night's clamor continued outside his window. The moon hung above, peeking behind several dark clouds. The rain was coming; he could see the change in the air and the Farm as well. Mr. Sunflower made it a point to pick the Corn, cover the Livestock's bedding and gather all the flowers unsuitable for the extreme weather change.

Georgie heard the squeaks of Bats, as they flew past and hid in the trees. Henry was sound asleep, as he held his pillow close to his face. Georgie took this opportunity to take another walk. Although he had been warned, he needed to get out. The four walls was becoming dull and monotonous. As he dressed warmly for the walk, Henry stirred in his bed. Henry peered over.

"Georgie...where you going?"

Georgie sighed. "I need ta' go for a walk, kid."

Henry sits up. "Mr. Sunflower said you can't do that."

Indeed, Georgie didn't need the added issues Sunflower was willing to hand him. John too had a discussion about the need to follow rules and take his punishment. Although Georgie wanted nothing more than to shove his middle finger in their face and walk away. But everything he had these thoughts, Lyla's face always returned and again, gave Georgie that moment of hope. He took off his jacket and headed to the front.

"Well, kid, looks like I'm gunna get some hot tea. Ya' wanna join?"

Henry smiles, as he jumps out of bed, puts on his robe and head downstairs. The creaking of the old wooden stairs fills the darkness. Henry knows where the main oven is, as he gathers the wood and stacks them. Georgie hunts for two cups, as Henry manages to get the fire roaring. The popping sounds and warmth leave Georgie feeling gratified and jovial.

"Here. We're gunna need the bags."

Henry fills a kettle with water. He hangs it above the fire, as Georgie takes a seat on the ground. Henry joins him; a heavy quilt sits upon his shoulders, as the dancing flames delight the young boy's eyes.

"I like moments like this. They always remind me of home."

Georgie picks at the ground. "Ya' miss being home, kid?"

"Sometimes. I wish my mom and dad were still alive."

"You have no other family membas'-no aunts, uncles, cousins?"

Henry shakes her head. "No. My mom and dad were alone a lot."

Henry and Georgie fall silent, as they both watch the water boil. It steams around the opening, allow some to spill over.

"How come you hate the dark, Georgie?"

Georgie was nauseated with his question. He remianed focused on the fire. "What?"

"The dark. You always have a light on or candles burning. Just the other day, you had Sunflower go with you into the basement located by the Barn. And just now, you were mumbling and eyes were darting until I lit the fire-"

"I jus' don't like the dark, kid...."

"Does it scare you?"

Georgie sighs. "Yeah. It scares me."

Henry chuckles. "Ya' know there aren't any REAL monsters, right? It's all just-"

"Yeah there is." Henry looks over. "There are monsters in the dark."

The boiling is complete, as Georgie grabs the kettle and pours the hot liquid into the cups. The tea bags float to the surface.

"What do you mean? No they don't."

Georgie wips away a tear. "Yeah....they do, kid. Big, mean, scary, AWFUL ones...."

Henry's eyes are now glued to Georgie, as he sips his tea. The two remain silent, as the fire continues to dance along the wood.

For the rest of the night and days he spends with Georgie, he never asks again.

6 months later

Henry and Georgie became a pair no one dared mess with on the Farm. They were always together; no matter what time of day or how the weather looked outside, the two never left eachother's sides. Many of the Farm's residences stayed back and kept clear from their path. Even Reynard the Fox held his tongue when it came to Georgie.

One night, the Fox woke up to a burning stick attached to his tail. That day, the Fox made the mistake of bringing up the Crooked Man and Georgie's inability to keep friends. He brought up Vivian, the Hookers, the hatred loaming over Fabletown and the club's demise. Georgie ignored his remarks but Henry could see the anguish building inside. That night, however, Henry made it a point to warn the Fox. Ever since, Reynard keeps his distance and mouth closed.

The weather was slowly begining to warm up; the birds were slowly returning, the Bees were swarming the Flowers and some of the woodland creatures were appearing for the first time in months. Georgie and Henry were outside, pulling weeds along the fence. From the gates, a red Truck drove down the dirt road. John and Snow walked to the Barn, greeted by Goldilocks and Sunflower.

"Welcome back Ms. White. Mr. Smith."

"Hello, Sunflower. How has everything been?"

"Wonderful. Georgie has blossomed and is progressing nicely."

John smiles. "Is he busy? Snow and I would like to sit down with him."

"He should be up the hill, pulling weeds with Henry. Those two."

Snow pulls out Georgie's file. "I'm pleased with his progress. We are delighted to know Georgie is making an effort to change..."

Snow looks at John; the once Wolf Council member watches, as Georgie and Henry dump the Wicker baskets full of weeds into a pile. With his hands upon his hips, John smiled. Georgie looked over and noticed John. He tossed the basket to the side and headed down the trail. Henry was closely behind, as John and Snow made their way to the usual spot.

Georgie was prepared, as a smile grew across his face.

Any questions, let me know. Off today but have to move boxes, decorate, re-arrange. The usual fun things that come with moving. :) Catch up on midterm studying, perhaps soome doodles. See where the day takes me.

• Alt text

I'll bring the Chips and Dip and awesomeness!

Good morning, my homies. So, as some of you may have already noticed, this thread has reached over one hundred-thousand views. A celebration is at hand! @pudding_pie, @JJwolf, @EMMYPESS, @LupineNoir, @MasterStone, @Tetra

• This little section of Georgie being at the Farm is really answering questions. I know the whole dark thing has to do with his abuse he encountered back at the Homelands by his father. I'm curious to see if he eventually tells Henry. You mentioned the abuse briefly in your 1st story; although you don't have to or even go into detail but it would be interesting to go back into Georgie's memories and SEE it through his eyes.

I'm curious to see where all this leads to. We can see Georgie making progress and trying to be a better person. I'm glad Henry is standing up for Georgie; Reynard needs to shut his damn mouth up. At least John and Snow see the potential in Georgie. I'm also hoping you will add a moment between John and Georgie, considering they both know they are to be in eachother's presence once his punishment is up.

Also hoping you'll cover life after the Farm and how Georgie handles his second chance at life. We know he keeps the club but WHAT happens leading up to him meeting Lyla. <3 :) This is so good! MORE!

Also, call me if ya' need help studying or moving some boxes.

pudding_pie posted: »

Prologue Seasons change Georgie was wide awake. The night's clamor continued outside his window. The moon hung above, peeking behind s

• That was fast lol

Good morning, my homies. So, as some of you may have already noticed, this thread has reached over one hundred-thousand views. A celebration is at hand! @pudding_pie, @JJwolf, @EMMYPESS, @LupineNoir, @MasterStone, @Tetra

• Well it's Bloody Mary so who knows how it will go! If DragonButter hadn't brought it up I would've never had realized I made the fables version of Adam Jensen! XD

LupineNoir posted: »

Hmm, I wonder how things will go with Mary. Either way, thank goodness Makoto and Celeste are okay! It was very big of Makoto to forgive Nao

• Celebrate

The next day Makoto decided to get everyone together for a celebration.

"Now don't worry about getting anything Celeste." Makoto started "Bigby, Rose, Naoto, and I are going to go out shopping today, all you need to be able to do is go to Snows room."

"I can go! I'm fine" She pouted

Makoto laughed "That's not up for debate."

"Ugh fine..." Celeste said

"Alright I'll be back." Makoto smiled

"Wait! I have to tell you about my memories I got back!" Celeste said

Makoto contemplated the matter, he didn't want to be an asshole and tell her no but he also wanted this to be a fun and happy day, assuming they were bad memories.

"How about you tell me after the party is over. Like a bedtime story." Makoto said

"Bedtime story?" Celeste looked confused

"Yeah a story you tell before you go to sleep." Makoto said

"Oh okay, yeah we can do that! Although it's not a happy one." She replied

"I kinda figured, that's why your going to tell me the story after the party" Makoto said

Makoto gave her a hug and left to meet up with Bigby and Rose to get Naoto. Before he got to the holding cell Makoto heard Rose and Bigby from afar.

"Do we seriously have to take her?" Rose said

"Look after what she did I'm not too happy about it either but we have to move on and forgive her." Bigby said

Rose sighed "I guess your right, she was-is family."

Makoto stood there with his arms crossed "Really guys?"

They were shocked and didn't even know he was there.

"Shit we're sorry Makoto." Rose said

"Yeah what she said." Bigby said opening the holding cell door.

Makoto laughed "you're lucky I'm not an asshole!"

Naoto ran out and hugged Makoto "A visit on the next day I must be lucky."

"C'mon mom we're heading out and you're coming with" Makoto smiled

"What!? I-I am?" Naoto was in shock

"Yeah c'mon or we won't have anything for the party!" Rose said

"Alright well then lets be on our way" She smiled

They headed out to the store.

"So what exactly are we getting?" Makoto asked "This is my first time being at a store."

"Really? You didn't go out much while you grew up I guess." Naoto said

"Nope I hung around Bigby and Snow but Rose here looked after me the most." Makoto said

Rose had a smile on her face while Bigby scratched his head.

"Well Snow and I were pretty busy so we had asked Rose here to let him stay at her house" Bigby explained

Naoto laughed "It's okay Bigby!"

Rose piped in "Okay so we'll need a cake, snacks, and drinks!"

"Gotcha how about we split into teams and make it a race!" Makoto suggested

Bigby laughed "C'mon kid you know whoever is on my team will win!"

Makoto laughed "Oh yeah? We'll see about that!"

"So what're the teams?" Rose said

Makoto thought about taking Rose but he wanted to spend time with Naoto as well.

"C'mon mom lets go" Makoto smiled

She was very excited to see that Makoto wanted her on his side.

"Loser has to pay for all of the food!" Makoto said

Bigby smirked "We'll I guess you two will be in debt!"

"Alright 3...2....1.....GO!" Makoto yelled

They raced around grabbing as much as they could laughing saying one or the other was cheating having all sorts of fun, it was a tie between the two for a bit but they both stopped and realized there was only one cake left to buy. Makoto and Bigby looked at each other and smiled and took off. Bigby was in full sprint and had the lead Makoto summoned a staff to launch himself to keep up with Bigby when Bigby looked over he saw Makoto fly by and with that he started picking up more and more speed. In the end Bigby had the cake by mere inches due to Makoto falling flat on his face.

Bigby laughed "Are you alright kid?"

Makoto laughed along with Bigby "Yeah I'm fine! You got lucky this time!"

"You wish! Looks like your paying" Bigby smiled

"Damn we were close!" Makoto smiled at Naoto

"You did a good job sweetie" She smiled back

"Yeah I've never seen anyone keep up with Bigby before!" Rose said

They all laughed, when they got to the checkout Bigby ended up paying because Makoto and Naoto didn't have any money.

Back at the hospital they went to Snows room Celeste wasn't there.

"Hey guys can you set-up? I'm gonna go get Celeste." Makoto said

"Okay well hurry Snow could wake any second." Rose said

In Celestes room.

"Hey what's up?" Makoto said, Celeste looked sad

"My memories, they're horrible....I wish I never remembered." Celeste said

"Well then spill it." Makoto said and then he smiled "Then we can make new memories!"

She told Makoto how when she was growing up her parents were abusive both verbally and physically and blamed her for all of their problems, she ran away at a somewhat early age living on the street scavenging what she could till she could get a job or anything. After a while she met Phillip who at first was a great guy, when they got married he took a turn for the worst and treated her like her parents treated her. Until one day she told him she was pregnant and for some reason he started to change for the better. But when the adversary invaded and they ran for their life he ended up caring only for himself and shoved her out of the way, she hit her head and the way she fell the baby didn't make it. After that she woke up at the farm with amnesia and Phillip who didn't look to happy to see her.

"That just about sums it up." Celeste said

Makoto brought her wheelchair over, lifted her and put her in the wheelchair. "I'm glad he's dead then."

She nodded "Me too" she began "I killed the mood didn't I?"

Makoto laughed "No! Everyone's still waiting for us, Snow will wake up soon!"

"What! Well then lets go!!!" Celeste said in a very excited tone

When they got back to Snows room she was already awake.

"Aw we missed it" Celeste looked sad "I'm sorry...."

"Well you're here now! Let's celebrate!" Rose said

They all laughed and had a good time celebrating Snow waking up and the victory over the pig revolution. When the sun began to set Makoto brought Celeste back to her room and went with Bigby and Rose to bring Naoto back to the holding cell. She asked Bigby if she could bring in tools and other miscellaneous items for Makotos next visit so she could upgrade his arm, Bigby approved. Makoto left Bigby and Rose to go find Mary who was waiting for him near the same alley.

"I thought you stuck me up, it doesn't end well when they do." Mary said

"Nah we were celebrating today" Makoto said

"Well then let's go get started I have the bodies ready to go." She smiled

Makoto nodded as Mary brought him through the mirror to a training room.

"Nice mechanical arm kid, sure it packs a punch." Mary said

"I didn't ask for this." Makoto said sternly transforming to begin his training.

That's it! I know I said I wasn't going to post today but I had to when DragonButter brought up the news that we hit 100k views and figured I'd set some time to do a celebration segment today! Also I apologize for it being really long so my excuse will be a celebration special lol :P Any questions or comments let me know! Congrats everybody! :D

• WOOHOO

Alt text

• Yeah, I did. That was Snow and Bigby's house in the woods, and Therese is their daughter. The reason she was older than their other cubs is because she went to Discardia, and the time passed faster there than home, so when she finally decided to come home, her siblings were still 10 while she was an adult. Yup.

Most interesting, I say this would be a welcome change of pace for you to start a new story! Regardless, didn't you post a picture of The

• The nightmares were something I more than anything assumed she would have, considering the things that have happened in Discardia a long time ago. I would go into a little more detail, but I don't want to spoil too much. If you want to get the whole story, either google Cubs in Toyland or ask me in a DM :)

I was sort of trying to make that type of bond with her, yes. Therese is probably the most 'Normal' of them all, as well as the most sensible, I think.

Yeah, the Camry is what I got, and it was the first type of car I could think of so I threw it in, lol.

Well, this is a fine start! There were some references I didn't understand - such as the nightmares - but I don't mind the mystery because w

• Haha, this chapter was awkward in all sorts of ways - but that's okay! XD

Glad I inspired to you to make this regardless of your current schedule. :P

Celebrate The next day Makoto decided to get everyone together for a celebration. "Now don't worry about getting anything Celeste." Ma

• Well, mark me interested!

EMMYPESS posted: »

Yeah, I did. That was Snow and Bigby's house in the woods, and Therese is their daughter. The reason she was older than their other cubs is

• Yeah kinda rushed due to my schedule so I put in a mess of stuff so it'd flow with the timeline of the story XD. Although I suppose I could've time skipped and then went back :P Oh well! What's done is done! I also had an idea where the characters actually met the writers (in a dream like segment like in max payne) and have them run around like loonies but I decided against it XD

Haha, this chapter was awkward in all sorts of ways - but that's okay! XD Glad I inspired to you to make this regardless of your current schedule. :P

• Prologue

'In a stranger's shoes'

John sat at a large table, eating a freshly prepared salad. Snow drank a glass of Wine, as Georgie dug his fork into Scalloped Potatos and a Chicken Breast. John paused to sip from his Iced Tea. Henry, sitting on a stump nearby, chewed on is Steak. Mr. Sunflower, along with several other Fables, helped prepare the meal for the visitors.

As the group ate their meal, John's eyes never left Georgie. The burn from the sun could be seen on his shoulders. The fresh peeling skin stuck out like a vacationer from another town. His hands apperaed rough, with several cuts lining his knuckles, fingers and his cuticles missing chunks. There was a scratch over his left eye and several stitches above his left eyebrow.

"What happened there?"

Georgie looked up from his lunch. "One of the bloody Bovine ova' there decided she didn't want ta' be milked, so she let me know with the bloody kick ta' my face."

"Looks deep...."

"Gotta watch them Hooves, Wolf. They are killin' machines and tockin' Time bombs, if ya' ain't careful."

Snow took out the file and wrote down the comment. Georgie looked over, as she scribbled the information with her pen.

"Gotta' report back to the big guy, eh?"

"Fabletown wishes to know where you stand, Georgie."

"Am I expectin' tomatos thrown my way when I step foot into the city?"

Snow was silent. "They are still angry with you and honestly think we are wasting our time with this. But I have faith in the Justice system..."

Henry smiles. "Georgie is a really nice man. He reads to me sometimes."

Snow smiled at his remark. "Oh. Does he, Mr. Henry?"

"Yes! Last night, I couldn't sleep, so he told me a story about the Homelands. Sounds like it was beautiful and I enjoyed picturing as if I was there."

Georgie looked down at his plate. He finished the last bit of Chicken, as he stood up to stretch his legs.

"Well, betta get back ta' work. See ya' out there, Henry."

"Stay here for a bit." Snow closes the file. "Talk with us, Georgie. You've been silent our last few visits."

"Been 'bout the same thing every time ya' come to visit: we talk, ya' write it down, there are jokes and I go back to my punishment. Ya' go back, place it all on file, the town continues to beg for me head on a stake and in a month, ya' come back and do it again."

John clears his throat. "Well, maybe we are here for something else. Perhaps we just want to talk to you, Georgie. GET to know the man we all thought we had figured out."

Georgie stopped in his tracks. The sound in John's voice was genuine and tender; the Wolf had been attentive to his condition the past few weeks and was always there to lend a helping hand. Perhaps he was doing this for his own; Georgie was the key to his daughter's survival in this world and at any moment, Georgie could forget the Witch's premonition and attack life how he saw fit. But like always, her beautiful face reassured him this was all worth it.

"Come with me, Wolf. We can head to the Well ova' there."

John simpered, as he and Snow followed Georgie down a dusty trail. Along the edges, lush mounds of green and various colored plants swayed in the wind. The trees allowed their branches to pirouette, as the clouds soared high above. The sky was a marvelous blue, as Georgie paused near a stone Well. Snow and John took a moment to appreciate the beauty surrounding them.

Leaves rustled on the ground, as georgie picked up a basket. "It's been nice, these past few days. Days like this make me think 'bout me childhood back at the Homelands. At least, the good times."

Snow tried to beam at his comment. "You've done a wonderful job, Georgie. You'll do good once you step back into the walls of our community."

"Hans. How....how is Hans?"

"He and the club are doing great. Business is slow. A lot of the usual customers have asked where you've been. He's made a story about your need for a LONG vacation."

Georgie smiles. "That's me Hans. Always there to back me up..."

Georgie began pulling up weeds. He pictured his Ox built bouncer; for awhile, as the dirt buried itself into his nails, Georgie thought of how he used to treat Hans. And like always, Hans would return when so many others left him. Georgie cringed at the thought. Would Lyla forgive him? Could she love a man, knowing what and who he used to be?

"Sunflower has been keeping you busy, huh Georgie?"

John knelt down to assist Georgie with the labor. Henry, not too far, hummed a silly song as he chopped wood. Snow, standing by, watched Georgie and John interact.

"Always 'as me doin' somethin', Wolf."

"John..."

Georgie glares up. "Woot?"

"John. You keep callin' me Wolf. I'd rather you call me John..."

Georgie huffed. "Don't be gettin' too friendly there, Wolf. I'll call ya' what I want. Least I ain't sayin' something else..."

John left it at that. With Georgie, it was like a wild animal in the wild. Wait for IT to approach you.

"Fair enough, Georgie."

Snow scribbled this down. Everything she saw or was told, she had to write down. The Fables back home demanded to know EVERYTHING; from the meals he ate, to the conversations he held to even the time he went to bed. To make everyone pleased and satisfied, she did this. With Cole's return and understanding of the situation, he'd announce every month what Snow recorded.

"Nancy says hi by the way..."

"Your wife?"

"She, uh, want's to come visit you before you leave the Farm. I mean, you'll be around but...you know. Wants to put a name to a face."

"She doesn' know who I am?"

"You know she is Mundy. She knew about the, uh, song attatched to your name but that was it..."

"Huh." Georgie continued to pull weeds. "Thought she knew."

"Nah. Had to keep the Fable topics out of the home. You know. The folkers and their rules..."

Georgie looks up, as he wips his brow. "That why ya' came to our side and teamed up with the Big Bad Wolf?"

"The Council was blind with revenge and detest. They'd stop at nothing to rid this world of all Fables. I couldn't be around that."

"What 'bout Lyla-won't that bloody piss em' off?"

"Well, friendship is one thing."

Georgie noticed Snow's eyes widen. She looked at the file; her fingers flipped through the pages, as she scanned one over. He ignored this and returned to his work. Sunflower headed up the path.

"How's he doing, John?"

"Spectacular, Sunflower. Before we know it, we'll have Georgie Porgie back."

Henry was worried at that moment. Georgie would leave; he'd have to stay back at the Farm, alone and with no one left in the world. His heart shattered, as another piece of wood broke off the end. Henry watched as Georgie and John laughed and continued pulling weeds.

"You want to see her, Georgie?"

All he could was beam, as John took out a clear orb, wave his hand over and within seconds, Lyla's image appeared. Georgie was lost in his future, as all of them looked at the woman destined to save him.

Save the Georgie Porgie so many tought they knew.

Having fun with thie prologue thing. Needed a break from studying. My eyes burn! >:( Have questions, you know the drill.

• You like Max Payne?

Alt text

Anyhow, I like your final product nevertheless!

Yeah kinda rushed due to my schedule so I put in a mess of stuff so it'd flow with the timeline of the story XD. Although I suppose I could'

• I LOVE Max Payne! I've been playing them since I was about six years old XD Thanks DragonButter! :D

You like Max Payne? Anyhow, I like your final product nevertheless!

• No problem! Excuse me while I make the Max Payne face now. (just kidding, I cannot :D)

Alt text

I LOVE Max Payne! I've been playing them since I was about six years old XD Thanks DragonButter!

• Therese's knuckles swept across the surface of the glass window that overlooked the business office. She turned the brass handle and entered nonchalantly, waiting for her mother to finish her typing. There was a couch added recently, so she sat on it, clasping a cup of coffee from starbucks. If there hadn't been such a long line for Dunkin' Donuts, she would have avoided the other one completely. Too many misleading names and high prices. She sipped on her 'mocca latte' and watched as Reynard buttoned his jacket.

"Ah, now that's satisfying," Reynard said. He walked across the room, adjusting an off-set relic on a nearby shelf, then checked himself in it's mirror.

"What is?" Therese asked. She wasn't actually interested, but he would complain if she didn't ask him.

"I finally finished the night's paperwork. I'm ready to close for the day. No more requests today!"

"What were you filing all night that's making you close early?" She asked. She crossed her legs, watching as he stepped over.

"You didn't hear about all the new Fables we got the other day?"

"I'm aware of it," She replied, sipping her latte. "I just have no idea what staying up all night has to do with that."

"Paperwork, kid," Reynard said with a smirk. He knew how it bugged her to call her that.

Therese frowned out of annoyance. "And it took that long?"

"We got over a thousand new citizens," Snow said wearily."Many interviews, all had to be done by this afternoon. And thankfully, it was. You'll probably be seeing a lot of new animals on the Farm in the next few days."

"That's right!" Reynard said. "Hopefully that sexy looking fox-lady found me charming during our interview."

"Reynard, she was married to the ogre we also interviewed," Snow said. "Or did you forget?"

"I didn't forget. I'm hoping she'll realize that she made a mistake and comes running to my doorstep on the 18th floor. Room 1803. I hope she caught that, I said it about 8 times."

"I'm sure she was paying more attention to my mother," Therese said uninterestedly. "Ready to go, Mom?"

"Five minutes. Got to print out the records."

"All one thousand of them?" Reynard asked.

"No, just fifteen or so more. The last few we had."

"Oh yeah. I forgot about the late bunch. Man, who told them the business office was in the basement?"

"One of my rotten grandchildren, I presume. Or Conner. He's back in town again." Snow said.

"Oh Lord," Therese said. "When Conner's in town, you know he's up to something wrong."

Both Snow and Reynard laughed, and Reynard said,"He is quite the troublemaker, isn't he?"

"All flared up after..." Snow caught herself short, only the sounds of her mouse heard in the otherwise silent corridor.

"Right." Reynard said. "Well, I should be going now, I-"

"Are you busy or something?" Therese asked. "I can't recall you usually having plans."

"Well, now that you ask, yes. I have plans, and I need to leave like...now."

"Just go," Snow said. "I'll lock up and leave the key in the plant near your door."

"Okay. Bye all. And Snow?"

"Yes?"

"Tell my daughter I said I love her, will you? She doesn't call often, and I worry."

"No problem. Good day, Reynard."

Reynard left, and Therese let a sigh of relief pass out of her. "Finally, he's gone."

"Hmm?" Snow asked. She was typing again now. "I don't find him that annoying, do you?"

"Well, no. Actually-" Therese jumbled her words. "I just wanted to ask you something a little more private."

"Is it about sex?"

"Mom! No!"

"Good. You're old enough to know the basics of that. So what's on your mind, honey?"

Therese walked over, looking over her mother's shoulder. She was fixing things on reports.

"I just...." She paused, giving a deep breath. "I want to take over as Deputy Mayor."

She could see in the reflection of the computer screen as Snow's eyebrow raised. "Really now? Are you sure?"

"I'm your daughter after all," Therese said. "Responsibility and leadership run through my veins. I'm absolutely sure I want this job."

Snow cupped her hand skeptically over her mouth. She was still reading the report in front of her, but Therese knew she was also thinking. She walked around the desk so that she could see directly into her mother's eyes.

"It's a big responsibility," Snow began. "And a huge change, as well. There aren't gardens in apartments, unless you can afford to bind a new one in place of the one you get."

"I can go over Harmony's house. I can garden there. It's not that hard to do."

"And you won't be returned to the Farm like I usually do. I'm doing this part time, you will be taking a full time position."

"I know. Mom, I've thought about this for a long time. I know."

Snow sighed. The printer puttered to life and a dozen papers began sliding out one at a time. "Very well. Considering no one else has stepped up to the offer- Personally, I think no one sees a better person for this position than me, but I can't do it forever. I think you would be perfect as Deputy Mayor, Tessie."

"Thanks, Mom. I- uh..."

"It's no problem. I will talk with Cole in the next few days."

"Great! Um...we should be leaving. The weather is horendous on the way back, lots of snow."

"Again?"

"Again. Let's get going."

"Alright, sweety. I've got to lock up, and we can head home. Rose is coming over, correct?"

"Yes, Mom." Therese heads for the door. "And Dad cooked."

"So basically, we're picking up Chinese on the way back to the Farm?"

"Basically." Therese led her mother down the elevator and to the tiny car parked on the side of the street. The ride home would be lengthy, but that was okay. Therese liked car rides.

<3 Tell me how you think of it! Any questions, ask away! I'm still warming it all up, if you like it, than that's great! Hope you're all having nice days, it's super chilly where I am and I think I might freeze to death if I have to walk to the bus stop one more day XD

• I loved this. :D Seems like Snow knows HOW Lyla will save Georgie; she seemed to be scanning those pages and knew which one to look at when John mentioned the 'friendship.' I loved the description of the lunch and when they were heading to the Well.

Henry is too cute and I'm wondering what will happen when Georgie does leave the Farm. Knowing so many at Fabletown think this is a waste hurts me. Everyone deserves a second chance; Bigby got one, Fables like Gren got one. Snow. I believe Georgie, too, does and I'm glad to see not only does the Business office but John as well.

Going back to the Council and their 'rules' is opening up more questions. I know you've mentioned it before but why DO they hate the Fables so much? I know it has to do with mundies or something, right? God this is so good!

I love how you are taking the time to write Georgie's life after the inccident with the CM and how he's shaping his life. Can't wait to see more when he returns to Fabletown. His life, the club...how the other Fables, especially Holly and Gren, will react. OBVIOUSLY things work out between Gren and Georgie; they are brother-in-laws in the future but HOW they got to that point has me curious.

Great work like always. And you deserve a break, man. :) You work too damn hard.

Prologue 'In a stranger's shoes' John sat at a large table, eating a freshly prepared salad. Snow drank a glass of Wine, as Georgie du

• Oh interesting! Snows daughter picking up the job! This should be interesting! Also the bit where Snow asked if the private thing was about sex was quite humorous! :P Yeah it is very cold where I am as well, I walk out to see frost everywhere. I also just ran out of long sleeves as well and my wardrobe at my dorm just has summer stuff in it so all I have left is shorts and T-shirts for a twenty minute walk to my classes in below twenty degree weather! All in all I say I'm done for as well XD

Therese's knuckles swept across the surface of the glass window that overlooked the business office. She turned the brass handle and entered

• Glad you liked it! I figured I would put a bit of humor in it XD Oh man, and I thought I had it bad. Is there any laundromats of some sort? You should get a jacket at least, that would certainly help. Good luck, man.

Oh interesting! Snows daughter picking up the job! This should be interesting! Also the bit where Snow asked if the private thing was about

• Humor is always good! :D I actually went out and got some jackets and sweatpants to last me till I go back home for thanksgiving so I should be okay....I hope :P

Glad you liked it! I figured I would put a bit of humor in it XD Oh man, and I thought I had it bad. Is there any laundromats of some sort? You should get a jacket at least, that would certainly help. Good luck, man.

• "Is it about sex?"

"Mom! No!"

"Good. You're old enough to know the basics of that.

Sounds like something my own mother would say in THIS department. xD I love how their relationship is so open like that. :3

Anyways, the idea of Deputy Mayor Tessie doesn't sound too bad at all. She WAS the Queen for Toyland; it would only make sense to take over something like this. I've always like Therese and its nice to see different takes on the cubs. Fun to see this take on a whole new direction.

"So basically, we're picking up Chinese on the way back to the Farm?"

"Basically."

You just CAN'T go wrong with Chinese! xD

Therese's knuckles swept across the surface of the glass window that overlooked the business office. She turned the brass handle and entered

• Got to agree with Georgie, a wood burning fire is a comforting thing. So long as it's not burning a house down, of course. Anyway, it's really nice to see that Georgie and Henry bonded, and that Georgie had a friend to help him through. The thing that's bothering me though is whether or not Henry is mentioned later again - I swear there was a Henry in your earlier stories but I can't quite remember. Mostly, I'm just wondering what happens to Henry, I suppose.

Prologue Seasons change Georgie was wide awake. The night's clamor continued outside his window. The moon hung above, peeking behind s

• "Yeah what she said." Bigby said opening the holding cell door.

I love Bigby's casual apology! xD What happened to Celeste was very sad, though. :( It does make you wonder whether or not she's better off with the memories.

Also, when I saw you both mentioning Max Payne I initially thought it was a reference to Makoto and Bigby flying for the cake in Bullet Time, but I might have been wrong about that. XD

Celebrate The next day Makoto decided to get everyone together for a celebration. "Now don't worry about getting anything Celeste." Ma

• I know I keep saying this but your descriptions really make the Farm come alive. The pirouetting branches and the clouds soaring high above - it's a delight to imagine.

Seems John, Snow, and Mr. Sunflower are coming around to the idea of who Georgie can be, and Georgie is realizing it himself. I liked the comment about letting Georgie coming to them, though - seems very appropriate!

You could always try cucumbers for your eyes: cooling and refreshing for the skin, and a snack literally in front of your eyes if you should get peckish. Unless you're in the sun - dried cucumber probably isn't all that refreshing. xD

Prologue 'In a stranger's shoes' John sat at a large table, eating a freshly prepared salad. Snow drank a glass of Wine, as Georgie du

• Even the Big Bad Wolf has to give a casual apology now and then XD Yeah Celeste has had it rough, but hopefully it'll be better. Woah I didn't see or think about that at all! Good catch LupineNoir! XD

"Yeah what she said." Bigby said opening the holding cell door. I love Bigby's casual apology! xD What happened to Celeste was very

• Chapter 37

'Return to the Box'

Katie tried to picture happier times. Her thoughts were painted with th memory of bringing hope home from the NICU after Swineheart declared the girl had a slim chance of survival. The day was cool and windy, as a storm lingered over the city of Fabletown. Jersey was watching the girls, as she made a pan of Brownines. Katie smiled at the thought; her husband in the other room with their children, as she prepared sweet treats.

Katie's merry thoughts were disturbed by the wicked laughter of Romulus. Katie looked over to find her mother in tears and father in and out of concious. Katie looked over the entire room; her brother was gone, Remus had vanished and Malcom was no where to be found. Emily remained silent, still chained up, beside their parents. She was certain they had gone after Echidna. Her fears, however, were greater than joy, for Katie knew what was at stake.

Her other daughters, still caged, were silent and very still. Romulus sat at a large table. Before him, candles flickered against his skin, as he playfully pricked his index finger and watched as blood surfaced the top.

"Isn't the body just this fascinating object? Look at this-wow. Something else."

Katie and the others refused to acknowledge Romulus. The more they answered to his strange behavior, the worse his thoughts seemed to be. The girls, especially, never left his side. Although they were frightened to the core, they were not out of ideas yet. Behind Bella, Ivy's main focus was a large stone sticking out from the wall.

Bella eyes her sister. "What do you have planned for that?"

"I'm gunna turn it into a little creature and distract Romulus...just 'nuff for us to bust outta here!"

Katie noticed her girls; a small group had formed in the back, as they tried to discuss the plan. To buy them some time, Katie thought now was the time to interact with Romulus.

"So, Romulus. Tell me something. Do you consider yourself a Folker or Fable?"

Romulus chuckles. "Why do you ask, Katherine?"

"Well, considering you and your brother were so against mixing or even the word 'Fables,' I just thought it was strange you were helping Echidna.

Romulus, now curious about Katies question, leaned closer. The smell of Wine was overpowering, as he flashed her a smile.

"Indeed, Wolf...we do not wish to associate ourselves with Fables. Unlike you and your family, we tend to stick to our own kind. HOWEVER, when the Council turned their back on us all those years ago, we felt like there was nothing else better to do than to pair up with the enemy."

"What do you mean by helping-"

"Your grandfather was a VERY powerful man, Katherine. Not sure if your mother over there has mentioned but he was capable of ANYTHING he pleased with just the snap of his fingers."

"So, what-he piss you off?"

"His vacant position was supposed to go to Remus; I failed the test miserably but he managed to pass with flying colors. We were robbed of that luxury because your goddamn Witch saw someone else in the seat. Someone more capable of running the Council not only with an Iron fist but the heart of Gold. Someone willing to take the time to end the War..."

Katie's eyes were enormous, as Romulus took the knife, walked around the table and stood before Katie. He pressed the sharp blade to her cheek, ran it across and watched as the blood seeped from the cut.

"You leave her alone, ya' bloody fuckin' flea bag!"

Romulus smiles. "Oh Georgie...she is JUST fine! Soon, we will all be 'just fine,' wouldn't you say, Katie?"

Tears formed in her eyes as Romulus chuckled at her misery. Bella's anger grew with every breathe he took; her claws wrapped around the bars as she pictured his neck in their place. Before long, her sister had the stone on the ground. It slowly turned into a giant Rat, as it surried behind the walls. The squeaks quickly traveled to Romulus, as he sniffed the air.

"Rats....fucking hate Rats! Be right back, Wolf..."

He held the knife out and headed to the darkness. As Romulus left the area, Abigail and Georgia picked the lock and opened the door. It swung open, as the two girls ran to the aide of their family members. Bella, however, had other plans, as she, Laura, Gianna and Alice followed Romulus into the dark.

Penny's sword gleamed in the light. Behind her, the concerned faces watched as their fate was bestowed before them. Echidna, entertained with the drama before her, carefully watched as her new weapon of destruction attacked Penny. Penny swung the sword, managing to cut Hope's leg. The girl paused to look at the gash. This angered her, as her intentions to destroy Penny and anyone else grew stronger.

Penny felt the difficulty of her destination. She did not have the heart nor the will power to destroy a part of her family. Despite the forethought behind Hope's actions, Penny couldn't come to fully accept what laid before her.

Echidna hissed. "Attack, my Hope! Finish them!"

Penny aimed for Hope's arm but the girl's strength was too great; Penny topples to the ground, as Hope presses her weight down on Penny's chest. The girl growls and snarls, as Penny frantically searches for the Sword.

Junior runs for the fallen object. Echidna notices the mirror hopper, aims her open palm and sends a blast in Junior's direction. Junior is soon flying across the open space and into the old Leed's home. The Witch of Endor incases Junior in a see through bubble; Junior tries to use the reflection he sees as a portal to escape but his attempts fail.

"You fool..." Echidna snarls. "You pathetic, simpleminded fool. Thinking SHE will save you and your new place in the books will save you..."

Junior's fists slams against the material, as he helplessly watches his sister continue the battle. Now in a tangled mess and blood surrounding her face, Penny lays in the dirt, as Hope stands before her. Jersey, trying to stand up, looks over at Hope.

"Hope..." Jersey, still in his true form, reaches out a hand. Although his daughter is a monsterous killing machine, he still sees the little girl he helped create and loved so dearly. Jersey attempts to stand but the wounds are too great. He tumbles to the floor and collapses into a black nightmare, as Jersey loses concious. Hope reaches down to pick up Penny.

"Hello, auntie..." Hope chuckles devilishly. "Damn shame but hey-way this sick, twisted game called life is played."

All Penny could see was Josiah. All she wanted was Johann and her precious baby again. To have Hope return to her bubbly self. Her family, together again. No problems. No worries. Penny smiled when she finally pictured Johann holding their son. Penny, despite her strong-willed personality, knew deep down inside her TRUE destiny in life. She grinned.

"Going out with a smile, Penny....a wise choice..."

Hope's claws aimed for Penny's throat. However, neither did the young girl or Echidna see Malcom. In his hand, he held the sword. Despite the anguish and guilt her felt for this, he knew what needed to be done. Malcom ran towards Hope; his Wolf agility, despite Hope's strenght, was eventually no match. Now in his true form, sword in mouth, Malcom pinned the occupied Hope to the ground.

"TAKE IT!" Malcom shrieked, as Hope clawed at his legs. "DO IT! PENNY!"

From the corner, no one stopped to noticed the Viper; no one bothered to see Oliver, as he took off his hat and hung his head low. He took the second to pray, as he tossed the hat to the side. In his hands, still trembling from the mixture of blood, was the pot. Oliver knew the truth behind her evil plan and although Hope was an option, it was not the accurate way to cease Echidna and her plan.

With a heavy heart, the love for Penny and the friendship he had with Georgie over the years, Oliver quickly ran to Penny. To Hope. To HIS destiny. Penny, with one last ounce of strength, swung the sword around. Echidna waited for her plan to finally come together. Soon, they would be dead-all of them-as she would slowly take over Fabletown. Nothing would stand in her way.

Echidna did not count, however, Oliver's loyalty. Despite his recent behavior and his involvement with the murders of some of his dancers, she didn't count on his love for Penny to be the TRUE ending to her plan. Echidna could not have stopped it, as Oliver jumped in front of Hope and allowed the sword to dig deep into his chest. The blood poured from the gash, as it fell into the pot.

"NOOOO!" Echidna tried to slither her way to Penny. "NO! You fool!!"

The sword glowed black, as Hope stood still over Malcom. Penny gathered Oliver in her arms, as Pandora's box floated above Echidna's head. The sounds of drums, laughter and dark shadows appeared, as they surrounded Echidna.

"OLIVER! You idiot! Look at what you've done!!"

The shadows enclosed Echidna, as they dragged the screaming creature into the depths of the box. It slammed shut, as Echidna now remianed lost and forgotten in the darkness of the box. The sword became dust, as Hope returned to normal.

"What...where am I...Malcom?"

In tears, he gathered Hope in his massive arms.

"Oh my Hope! You're back! You're alright....my Hope."

Hope snuggled closer. "Course I am, silly! Where else did I-"

The moment was short lived, as Hope noticed the now dying Oliver in Penny's hands. She rushed over, as Hope threw herself at Oliver.

"UNCLE OLIVER!" Hope buried her face into his jacket. "No, no, no! I'm sorry! I'm so sorry..."

"For woot, love-this? Aye, its only's a scratch, Hope. Nuthin' ta' be worried 'bout..."

But Penny noticed the blood, the wound and the life slowly fading from his eyes.

"Why did you...what...I-"

"Hope was indeed the way to receive the Evil but she didn't tell ya' the other way of endin' this. The blood of pure evil mixed with that of purity will end the curse and return the host to their original self..."

"Oliver..."

"I did this cus' I love you...love Hope...love this family. Ya' have been so good ta' me. All of you..."

"Penny, I'm sorry for all I've done ta' ya'. Ya' didn't deserve the way I treated ya'. You're a GOOD woman and Johann is a lucky man. You're a wonderful mother."

"Don't talk like this, Oliver! I'll get you back and we can fix you up-"

"Me time is done here, Penny. Ya' know that...stop foolin' yourself."

"I can fix this! I can....Oliver, no..."

"Ya' did good, Penny, Ya' ended this, brought Hope back and saved us all."

Oliver reached over to touch Hope's face. The girl sadly knew this was the end. She leaned forward and kissed Oliver on the head.

"I always knew you were not a bad man. I love you, Uncle Oliver."

"Be wonderful, Hope. Neva' change..."

Hope nods, as Oliver looks at Penny.

"Im glad got a chance ta' see Heaven before me soul rots in 'ell....I love you, Penny...I love...you..."

With all his might, Oliver managed to smile faintly, as his eyes closed for the final time. Jersey came to, as he watched Oliver fade away and Penny craddle his lifeless body. Malcom allowed her to lean against his chest, as she said her final goodbye.

"Thank you..." Penny whispered into his face. "For everything...I will always love you..."

Jersey watched as Oliver's body turned into dust and joined Echidna in the box.

Chapter 38 soon :) Sorry for the VERY long chapter but there was so much to cover. Almost through with this tale! If you have any questions, you know the drill. Damn my insomnia....:3

• I agree. There is something breathtaking about a fire. And agree again...unless your house is burning down, than fprget those treasured memories. xD

As you said, I do mention Henry in my later stories; this is the same boy from the Farm and Georgie's only friend at the moment. (Besides Hans, I suppose. xD) I was asked about Henry's background and here is where it all begins. HOW he came to be with Georgie back in Fabletown, well, that too will be covered in the prologue. :)

Got to agree with Georgie, a wood burning fire is a comforting thing. So long as it's not burning a house down, of course. Anyway, it's real

• No please! By all means, continue to do so. :D I envy places like that; the simple beauty of a wind gently cascading across the tree tops and surrounding areas makes me smile and strike to one day actually live in a place like the country side.

As far as the others go in regards to Georgie, Snow DESPERATLY wants this to work and prove to everyone with a little patience and justice added to the mix, things will eventually work out. Despite his crimes, she feels Georgie deserves another shot. Now John at this moment has no other option; although he still has some hate towards the Fable, the idea of him saving Lyla is what's keeping his faith alive. Mr Sunflower, like Snow, WANTS him to make it.

And them cucumbers...I may try that this weekend. need to rest my eyes from this studying and that sounds relaxing! :)

I know I keep saying this but your descriptions really make the Farm come alive. The pirouetting branches and the clouds soaring high above

• "I always knew you were not a bad man. I love you, Uncle Oliver."

"Be wonderful, Hope. Neva' change..."

Oh...my God...these feels. I'm like, seriously crying right now, dude. God! Why did you make me love Oliver, than hate him, then love him again! God...Hope always knew...she always knew he wasn't a bad man. God damn, these feels!!

"Im glad got a chance ta' see Heaven before me soul rots in 'ell....I love you, Penny...I love...you..."

:'o Damn you...

"Thank you..." Penny whispered into his face. "For everything...I will always love you..."

fuck, pie. Excuse my language but fuck, man....looking back, their relationship was indeed all over the place but in the end, he truly did love her and I'm actually sad to see him go. RIP, Oliver.

I didn't see that coming. I didn't see Oliversacrafiving himself because he KNEW the true way to defeat Echidna's plan; the idea of pure evil mixed with pure purit blood to stop her plan was wonderful. And that ending:

Jersey watched as Oliver's body turned into dust and joined Echidna in the box.

all that is evil will be locked away in the box. I'm sad that this is where he ended up, given the fact that he did something good out of the kindness of his heart but at the same thime, his bad outwayed the good. Now I want to see WHAT those girls did to Romulus, how Remus will be handled and John....

This was a great read, pie! These feels, dude! When I see you later, I'm gonna kick your ass! Feels! Also, you need to take those melatona pills. They help with sleep. Kid you not.

Chapter 37 'Return to the Box' Katie tried to picture happier times. Her thoughts were painted with th memory of bringing hope home fr

• Firstly, I wanted to apologize for being absolutely terrible with getting these chapters out in decent time. I have a genuine reason why it's been so long however I shan't bore you with it, so please bear with me - I will finish this story, and I'm awfully grateful for anyone reading it. Thanks for putting up with me. ^_^

Secondly, the second section of the chapter is written from Jekyll's perspective - I wanted to try first person and it seemed like a good opportunity to give it a go. And I'm a bit worried I made Crane too creepy, but he does come across as a bit creepy in the game and comics, no?

Thirdly, to recap because it has been so long, there's a man running about Fabletown terrorizing a few people; the sky has been covered in darkness; and something's happened to Bigby.

Finally, unless Google is lying to me (who knows?), racketous isn't an actual word. I like it, though, so I've stuck with it and put a definition below. Hopefully that clears that up.

Racketous: if you're making a racket you're making a lot of noise, so it's akin to that.

Yep, best definition ever.

Apologizes once more, and thanks for reading!

Chapter Five - Run and Hyde.

"We can't leave Charming here!" Cinderella shouts, the bestial groans of the transforming Bigby echoing along the narrow walls of the alley. Shoulder blades twist out of the Sheriff's back causing more agonizing howls.

"Fly! Help me," calls Jekyll.

"Really? You want me to go near... that thing?"

Recognizing that the situation is rapidly getting out of hand, Cinderella's mind makes quick judgements. "I'll do it. Here," she shoves her arm out towards Flycatcher with the lamp swinging in her hand, "hold this."

Cindy and Jekyll skirt past the writhing body of Bigby, and crouch next to the Prince. It's evident that the Sheriff is beyond help. "You know, Snow - you were my favorite." Charming comments, delirious.

"I'm Cindy, you ass," she responds through gritted teeth as she takes Charming's right arm over her neck and lifts him, as Jekyll does on Charming's left side.

"You got a good hold, Cindy?" Jekyll asks; Charming interrupts.

"Cinderella - you're much taller than I remember. And, and... more Irish." He's looking at Jekyll when he says this, and as such no one pays his ramblings any attention.

"Yeah, let's get him to the hospital." While Cindy says this, Miss Muffet watches in horror as the hideous creature that Bigby is becoming crawls out of the light of the lamp and into the impenetrable darkness, the combination of wolf and human form using long, bony fingers with sharp claws to pull itself along the floor.

"I think we'd best be quick!" She says. Then, metres away from them yet out of sight, the wolf-man let's out a harrowing cry. No one says anything - they all simultaneously run, with Fly leading the way with the swaying lamp.

It's mere seconds later that the wolf is on them, the vestiges of Bigby's conscious confined within the beast's mind and as such not in control. None of them can hear it over their own heavy footfall and the racketous din of people shouting all around them, but they can sense the threat.

Flycatcher and Miss Muffet are only a few paces ahead of Jekyll, Cindy and Charming; Jekyll and Cindy cannot dictate the direction and must follow Fly's light. But then the light stops moving.

"Don't bloody stop!" Jekyll yells, and then he ceases running - causing Cindy to stumble slightly and Charming to groan - at the sight of the people now lit in the lamp's light: Mr. Weasel carrying the still body of Dixa. "No. No, no, no!" Jekyll starts forward again, Cindy moving with him instantly; suddenly the wolf soars out of the darkness in front of them, fangs clearly bared for the Doctor as the twisted figure flies through the orange lamplight. It collides with Jekyll and the two are propelled backwards by the beast's momentum, while Charming slumps down with Cindy shaken off balance.

"What the fuck was that?!" Cries Mr. Weasel, any sense of gentleman propriety lost in the moment.

"It's got Henry!" Cindy shouts in answer. Mr. Weasel looks down to the woman he carries and notices the faintest twitch below her eye; he swears again.

"She might die if I don't get her help now! What the hell do we do?!"

Again, it is Cindy who makes the snap judgement, the sight of her good friend lying in such a deathly state forcing her mind to decide upon the only realistic thing that they can do. "We have to get Dixa and Charming to the hospital." She pauses, briefly. "We'll have to leave Jekyll with Bigby."

Weasel is shocked to discover the identity of the wolf-man, but he has a more immediate priority. "We can't get to the hospital: the streets are in chaos with carriages blocking it off. The nearest place is The Woodlands."

"Then we'd best go there," replies Cindy, who brings Charming to his feet again with the assistance of Miss Muffet.

It hits me like a cannon-ball; the claws pierce, sink and tear my shoulders, the skin like tissue paper. That pain alone would be hard enough to bear, the burning sensation of it blistering the receptors in my brain, but the thing sinks it's teeth into the left side of my chest, snapping ribs, puncturing lung and coming within an inch of ending me while still airborne with a bloody fang through the heart.

We hit the cobblestones hard; we must be at an intersection of a road, for we land in the path of a bright beam belonging to a horse and dogcart. Thankfully it stops before hitting us. The white equine whinnies and neighs, rears and kicks out at the wolf, which darts off me to preserve it's own flesh. I see a chance: I rise, my legs relatively undamaged, and stumble my way to the carriage, everything occurring with in a time so short that it feels like impossible minutes.

Wherever the driver is I do not know, and care little. Clambering onto the driver's seat, I grasp at the reigns - visible from the bright lamp attached to the seat - then thrash and jeer with a madness. The horse rears again until a growl from behind us sets the thing in motion, at a pace so fast the air whips at my head and the wheels clatter like window shutters on a haunted night.

I have little bearings of our location within the city but know we cannot be far from The Woodlands; at a turning the horse ignores my yanks at the reigns and swerves left, knocking down terrified citizens and bolting away from Fabletown. Then I recognize a building as we fly past and my brain immediately maps my position relative to the best safety I can now seek: my home.

A hope swells in my heart - it almost bleeds out of the rips in my chest; but the wolf returns. It emerges from the left and leaps onto the top of the horse, crimson gushing from the back of the poor animal as the beast claws and bites, before one of it's hooves slips on it's own blood and it buckles, me on the cart being thrown forward in the sudden stop.

There is a moment here where I lose it all, where I look behind me and my mind goes into disarray at the visage of the crazed wolf-man that tracks me with viscous eyes as I fly through the air, leathery skin of the horse dangling and swaying from it's mouth. When the horse fell we were still travelling at a great speed - I am thrown a great distance and catapulted through a dry wooden facade of an abandoned shop and end in a tangled slump upon the floor.

I lose it all.

And then he is with me.

Hyde.

The objects atop Dr. Jekyll's desk are swept off in haste; Mr. Weasel lowers Dixa onto the wood, while Prince Charming is carefully laid out on the floor. Snow White appears at the door, yet before she can offer her assistance Ichabod Crane pushes past her, his nose shining brightly from the candle he holds.

"Just what is going on here?" He starts demanding, the shadows making him look much like a crow. "This is no hospital - get them out!" And he sounds like a crow, too.

"Piss off, Crane, " Mr. Weasel snaps. The deputy mayor of Fabletown.

"You, sir, have just made a powerful enemy! Sheriff!" Crane starts yelling down the dark corridor that leads to Bigby's office. "Bigby! Where on Earth is he?! I pay him enough to be around when these sort of things start happening!" Crane waves generally at the wounded and looks out of the window, seeing nothing.

"I told you," Snow answers, "Bigby went out with Dr. Jekyll after a report of Prince Charming's murder."

"He's not dead!" Flycatcher pipes up his standing position next to the blackboard. "But, erm, Bigby isn't doing so good."

There's a twinge of more than professional concern in Snow White's face - but only a twinge. "What do you mean?"

Cinderella answers: "When the sky went black he apparently start transforming into something."

Crane attempts a smart response. "Would that be a wolf, Miss Cinderella?"

"A fucked up one!" Miss Muffet says this and everyone stares at her, momentarily taken aback by her strong language. "Well, he looks half way between a wolf and a man -- it's just fucked up!"

"Erm, quite, Miss Muffet. Quite" Crane seems unsure of what to do now, and then remembers why he entered the room in the first place. "Just get these patients out of here."

"You do know that this is Prince Charming, don't you?" Asks Cinderella while pointing to the reclined Prince. She has a canny tactic in mind: "We need to get him comfortable immediately, and I'm not sure he'd take kindly to the knowledge that you forcibly removed him and therefore elongated the amount of time he is pain when he recovers. Because he will recover, and he is a Prince."

"That may be true, but if you're implying that he will somehow see his way to providing funds to Fabletown once he is restored you of all people should know that he is a poor prince."

"Being his ex-wife I think I know a little more about his finances than you do, Mr. Crane. Inside the Business Office is an enchanted wardrobe that, when entered and then knocked on in the right spot, will take the occupant to a secret room filled with gold! Only Charming knows where it is - he told me as much when drunk - and he's been saving it all for when he's really desperate."

Crane considers whether or not this is likely. The Business Office is a big place in which a wardrobe could be easily hidden. In fact, only two days ago was he rooting around in there and he came across a collection of furniture he'd never seen before, and there had been a wardrobe!

"Fine," he replies, "leave him here for now. I have to go and do... some... paperwork." He turns to leave.

"You're doing paperwork at a time like this?!" Snow asks incredulously, though she knows what Crane is really up to and it annoys her. However, saying something direct would lead to unwanted hassle further down the line.

"Yes, Miss White!" Snaps Crane. "But you stay here and help Charming. You're another of his ex-wives - perhaps we should get Briar Rose up here and see if you three can't help revive him." His eyebrows twitch as he contemplates his lascivious remark, and then he leaves.

"She's still bleeding," says Mr. Weasel, who stands over Dixa. He turns to Snow. "Are there any bandages here, Miss White?"

"As a matter of fact I have a few in a cabinet in the Business Office. Come with me, there may be other supplies you can help to carry."

Cinderella addresses them before they leave. "I'll stay here and try and make them both comfortable; hopefully the doctor has a few cushions laying about." She starts looking about the office and reflects painfully on just what Jekyll's fate will be. Miss Muffet and Flycatcher help search.

Out in the corridor, Snow White lays one hand upon the brass door handle while her other hand is gripped around a candle-stick, and is about to usher herself and Mr. Weasel over the threshold when a woman's voice calls out her name from behind them. Both that stand next to the door turn and see Beauty walk into the soft light.

"Miss White," she says quietly, "may I have a word with you? It is quite urgent." Snow would normally have delayed the conversation until after she had finished the task she was currently on, but this is an abnormal situation and Beauty has an abnormally and arrestingly distraught appearance.

"Certainly," replies Snow. "One moment." She opens the Business Office door and speaks quickly to Weasel. "There are a set of drawers on my desk: open the third one down on the left side and you will find a simple looking key. Use it to open that cabinet over there." She points over to the left of Crane's desk, the area visible thanks to a multitude of candles, and Mr. Weasel steps in.

Snow looks to Beauty. "This way," and she leads her to Bigby's Office; in the meantime, Mr. Weasel locates the key and heads towards the correct cabinet, sure he can hear a faint knocking coming from inside a nearby wardrobe.

Snow White softly closes the door to the Sheriff's office once she and Beauty are inside; they take seats - Snow in Bigby's chair and Beauty in the visitor's - while their ghostly reflections shine on the window that looks into darkness.

After a few moments of being seated Beauty remains silent.

"What did you want to talk to me about, Beauty?" If she wasn't going to say anything there were far more important things Snow could be doing.

"I find..." Beauty begins quietly and fades back to silence, evidently needing to prepare herself for what she is about to say. "I find this quite difficult to tell you Miss White, partly out of shame and partly out of fear. Oh, where should I begin?"

"I find that the beginning is a very good place to start," advises Snow, though she may have said otherwise if she'd known it would cause Beauty to say the following without taking as much as a breath.

"The fairy that turned Beast into Beast has tracked us to Fabletown and demanded that he and I separate because she never wished for him to find love because they used to be engaged and something happened and they didn't get married and now she's seeking revenge and Beast went back to her tonight to confront her and he hasn't returned and now this", she looks nervously out the window, still without inhaling "has happened and it can only mean that something terrible has happened to my Beast."

Snow White attempts to digest the information, but finds it far too heavy to be swallowed in one go. "Let me just get a notepad." She rummages through Bigby's desk and finds what she's looking for, along with a pencil. "Now, let's try all that again with some deep breaths, shall we?"

• I agree with the quotes Pie picked out, they're brilliant lines. xD As for the characters, I'm enjoying reading about them. It's interesting to see where ones like Reynard have ended up, and the dynamic between Therese and everyone else is something that's new to me - not necessarily knowing how she gets on with people means I haven't much of a clue where things are going to go, which is exciting.

It's good just for her and Snow talking about Bigby. :P

• Ah, that answers that, and I'll look out for you answering how he joins Georgie in Fabletown in a future chapter. :)

I agree. There is something breathtaking about a fire. And agree again...unless your house is burning down, than fprget those treasured memo

• I remember you mentioning that on dA; I agree, the country side is a beautiful place and one day, I'm sure you'll get there. For now, there's the sweet dream of it. :)

Having Snow effectively on Georgie's side will no doubt prove to be a great boost for him; and after the CM incident it'd probably be good to show that the Business Office is still looking out for the citizens. They were before CM, but obviously others felt differently. John must feel quite anxious about this because, like you say, if Georgie cannot change then Lyla will not survive. Mr Sunflower seems to be fair, which should help Georgie adjust to the laws of Fabletown more easily. Sure is fun getting into character motivations!

No please! By all means, continue to do so. I envy places like that; the simple beauty of a wind gently cascading across the tree tops and

• Chapter 20

Rose Red and a Grendel

"FUUUUCK!"

It was far from over. Rober leaned against his bathroom wall. Still naked from his shower, he peered towards the ceiling. He felt caved in. Lost. Alone. again, there she was; Robert desperatly wanted Lyla there with him. He wanted to take her in the dark, make passionate love and claim her heart.

All was lost. Robert gave in, as he bowed to the emptiness and sorrow enveloping him in a cacoon of misery.

"Lyla..."

Her name felt like poison to his heart; daggers against his lips that drew bood the emotion and mere sound rang in his ears, allowing the pain to be his ever need to use again and again. He had become and addict. Lyla was his drug.

robert, now face down against the cold tile, had no other option. He rose from the ground, looked in the mirror and began to chuckle. His wet jet black hair was a tangled mess. His eyes appeared sunken in, black and lost. He continued to laugh at his brutish apperance.

"Look at you, Robert Grendel...you used to chase warriors, eat their livestock and send chills down the spines of villagers. Now, you're crying over a Folker she-wolf that shattered your heart YEARS ago!"

He slammed his fist into the tile. Suddenly, Georgie's face appeared where his once stood. Robert glared deep into the former pimp's eyes. He seemd to be mocking Robert, even as he stood in silence and smiled. His teeth gleamed in the light, as Robert lunged at the mirror. Like a child opening their Christmas gifts, he tore into the glass, tore it from the wall and slammed it to the ground. Broken shards stabbed Robert's hands and legs, as he continued to break the object.

"FUCK YOU, You piece of shit!" Robert throws the hair dryer down. "You have no RIGHT being with her! You HAD your chance, you selfish bastard!"

Robert could still make out Georgie's images in the now scattered pieces. His blood coated the floor, walls and glass as robert continued to smash the glass.

"Get that smug look off your face, Georgie Porgie. Yeah! Don't like THAT too much, do you!? Georgie Porgie pudding and pie, kissed the girls and made them cry. When the boys came out to play, Georgie Porgie ran away!"

Robert paused, as the song continued to play in his head.

"Georgie Porgie...boys came out to play...he ran away..."

Robert's frown quickly turned into a very concerning grin. He took one of the shards and held it against Georgie's neck, who still occupied the millions of broken pieces.

"Be a damn shame if anything HAPPENED to you, Georgie. Or, say, yours and Lyla's relationship...sad, sad shame. Perhaps she needs a reminder of some sort. But what can THAT be?"

Robert stood up and looked down at his exposed genitals. He smiled, grabbed his clothes and walked into his bedroom. As he walked down the hall, he envisoned not only his son but several other little children playing. HIS children.

"Hm. Perhaps another one wouldn't hurt..."

Robert gathered his jacket, keys and headed down the stairs. He knew the perfect witch, as he waved a Cab down. Sitting in the back, as the driver tried making conversation, all Robert could think about was Lyla.
    ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Rose Red banged on the door. In her hands, she held the potion.

"ROBERT!" Rose attempted once more. "ROBERT!"

An older lady across the way, opened the door to her apartment.

"Hey you, girl-the by gone. He no home."

Rose turned to see a frail older woman with an Olive complextion, shawl over her head and a cane being her only support.

"You saw him leave?"

"Yes. Go."

"WHERE!?"

"Away. Friends."

Rose felt the old lady was distracting her, as Rose headed down the stairs. She dug into her pocket and pulled out her phone.

"fuck! Come one...come one..."

"Hello?"

"GREN! Is Robert there?"

Silence. "What...Rose...what time is it?"

"DID Robert go with you?"

"With me where?! I'm at home! I pulled a double last night and-"

"So he's NOT there?!"

"Rose!" She could hear the bed squeak. "What the fuck is going on? Why do you want Robert all of the sudden?!"

"I can't find him and he's not answering the door OR his phone!"

"Hold on...I'll be right there."

As Rose hung up the phone, she knew of only one place he could be heading to. She grabbed a cab and headed to the Business Office. He had to have gone to the Farm and her sister was the only one who would take her.

Rose, however, forgot there were TWO places Robert could go-the Farm and a little hole in the wall club called the Pudding and Pie. He pulled up, as Robert took out a cigarette. The lights closed, as he stood under a simple street light. The sea of blue and pink had vanished, as Robert entered the club. He was disgusted, knowing Lyla once danced for this creep not too long ago. Now, she was his wife.

Robert turned the corner; Hans was sweeping the Champagne room, as he looked up and noticed the unamused Grendel.

"Oh, hey Robert. The club is closed. If you want, you can come back tomorrow and-"

"Is Lyla here?"

"What-"

"You HEARD me, Clever Hans. IS Lyla here? Yes or no?"

"She, uh...was in the back. Georgie should be in his office-"

Robert pushed Hans to the side and headed to the back. Hans scrambled to move, as he ran to Georgie's office. He found Lyla, counting crates, behind the alley. She was startled to see him there.

"Shit, Robert. You scared me."

Robert stood in silence. "Uh...okay. Can I help you?"

"I miss you, Lyla..."

Lyla sighed. "This again? Robert-I THOUGHT we were through with this?! I TOLD you-YES, we have a son. YES, were were fooling around. YES, I may have hurt you but Robert, I told you all this and we agreed for the sake of RJ we would-"

Robert stuck Lyla's neck with an unknown substance. Lyla fell to her knees, as she looked up at Robert's face.

"Robert...what did you..."

Robert smiled. "I've always loved you, Lyla. He dosen't deserve you. Soon, we will ALL be together again. You, me, RJ and our future babies...."

Before Lyla could speak, Robert threw her over his shoulder and ran through the darkness of the city and headed for the outskirts. A piece of wild that couldn't be taken away from them.

Georgie, now being trailed by Hans, ran to the back.

"LYLA! LYLA!"

He screamed into the night but there was nothing.

"Get me phone, Hans-GO! Now!!"

Hans ran back into the club, as Georgie's heels remained glued to the concrete, his fists rolled into tight balls and his eyes glaring into the dark.

"Robert..."

Chapter 21 coming soon any questions, ask away.

• Not bad! It always makes my heart warm up whenever a person (like Georgie) turns over a new leaf for the betterment of his life.

• Oh Reynard, surely you jest on actually thinking someone's going to go over to your apartment and visit you.

The mention of sex got me as well, as everyone else had mentioned. XP

• This has been definitely worth the wait! Everybody who escaped the clutches of the demented Bigby seem to be in a dire situation now - I wonder if the rest of Fabletown knows about the sky change and Bigby's transformation? Unless you don't want to say just yet. :P

Crane though, what a total douche-nugget he was!

Firstly, I wanted to apologize for being absolutely terrible with getting these chapters out in decent time. I have a genuine reason why it'

• Whoa. That took a change for the worse right quick! And, don't do something you're going to regret, Robert - I can only hope, that is.

JJwolf posted: »

Chapter 20 Rose Red and a Grendel "FUUUUCK!" It was far from over. Rober leaned against his bathroom wall. Still naked from his sho

Sign in to comment in this discussion.