TWAU Goes to Black Screen and Crashes On Start

I've tried to play The Wolf Among Us on PC, and every time I try to play it, it goes to a black screen and crashes after I click at the "Click Anywhere to Continue" screen. I've posted my support tool info here:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/pal5vb

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Okay, after six and a half hours with no response, I have tried all of the following methods, and none have worked:

1) Ensured I have the latest drivers for both my graphics card, and my computer’s BIOS

2) Restart your system

3) Unplug your gamepad (and all other USB devices other than keyboard/mouse) and plug in headphones to the audio out jack.

4) Verify Game Cache through Steam

5) Run the game as admin

6) Run the game in compatibility mode

7) Reinstall the game

8) Make sure that the Steam application is not set to a compatibility mode

I still need help with this. I paid a good 18 bucks for this, and I'd like to be able to play it.

• I'm having the same issue as well, posted yesterday and still no response. I've tried everything, but no luck. As soon as I open the game, it's an immediate black screen crash, so I guess you've got a bit farther than I ;). Hopefully, we'll hear back, but I'm doubting it will be anytime soon with this being a holiday weekend.

• Ah, that's something I forgot! Thanksgiving weekend. I was becoming irate for no good reason at all. I played the first episode on my phone for free, and it ends on a cliffhanger, so I'm just really eager to get playing. Glad I'm not the only one!

Fi3ryOn3 posted: »

I'm having the same issue as well, posted yesterday and still no response. I've tried everything, but no luck. As soon as I open the game, i

• Have you tried playing on offline mode? It sounds like the problem I had and playing offline let me play, the thing is that the achievements won't get unlocked and you won't see the choice percentages.

I've had that issue for months and I only got apologies for it but not a fix, guess they're more busy peddling their GoT game right now

Ah, that's something I forgot! Thanksgiving weekend. I was becoming irate for no good reason at all. I played the first episode on my phone for free, and it ends on a cliffhanger, so I'm just really eager to get playing. Glad I'm not the only one!

• Boom! Going into offline mode fixed it. I was scared it was something graphics-related. They really should patch that. In fact, it seems like there are a lot of things they need to patch. I'd like to be able to play with my internet enabled.

Oh well, thanks, man! I hope this thread helps some other people.

SaiDeschain posted: »

Have you tried playing on offline mode? It sounds like the problem I had and playing offline let me play, the thing is that the achievements

This discussion has been closed.