Holy fuck, the Ending. (Spoilers if you didn't finish the Episode.)

Comments

• The scary thing?

Ramsay's actions are positively SUBDUED compared to their usual self.

He must have liked the Foresters.

Or really hated the Whitehills.

• I loved the ending. It tells me that more player characters will die if I don't step up my game.

• The one thing that kinda bothers me is the show sort of guarantees that certain ppl who are SO deserving of a painful death wont get theirs in this..... I doubt highly we will get to kill Ramsey....hopefully I get to kill Whitehall or whatever that fat idiots name is.

It was true to GOT fashion though there at the end....that is with the A holes always getting the W. Hopefully one day Deanaryus (sp) burns everything and it will have been worth it.

• Really, I almost feel bad for Whitehill as you have to realize that he didn't quite "get it."

That the Boltons aren't his friends and didn't give a **** about him.

They're a convenience.

I wonder how long it'll be before Whitehill is flayed for some mistake.

PHub07 posted: »

The one thing that kinda bothers me is the show sort of guarantees that certain ppl who are SO deserving of a painful death wont get theirs

• Asking Talia if she likes hunting was enough to send chills down my spine.
    I do agree, however, that he seemed rather tame compared to show Ramsay, not to mention book Ramsay.

The scary thing? Ramsay's actions are positively SUBDUED compared to their usual self. He must have liked the Foresters. Or really hated the Whitehills.

• Alt text

Ursa-Doom posted: »

I loved the ending. It tells me that more player characters will die if I don't step up my game.

• edited December 2014

I was hoping he would stab Whitehill for calling him a bastard, but after he brought up that deal.... I knew it was over, I just never imagined he would do something like THAT

The scary thing? Ramsay's actions are positively SUBDUED compared to their usual self. He must have liked the Foresters. Or really hated the Whitehills.

• I was merciful with Gared, chose Duncan and didn't offer them any ironwood and defended Talia and Ethan still got a dagger to the neck. My only solace is the hope that Asher is playable and I get to have my vengeance on Whitehall with him

Hbh128 posted: »

This is Game of Thrones Pretty screwed up, but very much in Lord Bolton's style. Fuck the Flayed Man. Did this happen to everyone in the

• edited December 2014

I liked when Ramsey left the Foresters with half their lands in my playthrough.

That bit of mercy?

That was totally him saying **** *** to Whitehill.

Not being nice.

I was hoping he would stab Whitehill for calling him a bastard, but after he brought up that deal.... I knew it was over, I just never imagined he would do something like THAT

• I dont trust anyone....I was even suspicious of the Mother when she asked if the guy at the start said anything before he died. I dont trust the Maester either.....OR the other hand maiden girl.

• Serisouly! I was thinking of that poor girl who he hunted down in S4! :(

DutchBagel posted: »

Asking Talia if she likes hunting was enough to send chills down my spine. I do agree, however, that he seemed rather tame compared to show Ramsay, not to mention book Ramsay.

• I did find it kind of hilarious your mother was trying to manipulate you.

"Oh yeah, your brother totally won't take back his title."

PHub07 posted: »

I dont trust anyone....I was even suspicious of the Mother when she asked if the guy at the start said anything before he died. I dont trust the Maester either.....OR the other hand maiden girl.

• I had never seen an episode of the read or read a page of any of the books but after that episode I'm a fan. I've heard how brutal and unforgiving it is and this episode definitely had that feel, I'm hooked.

Even after seeing what Ramsey did earlier in the episode I was still surprised when he attacked Ethan and it was done in such a way that I wondered if he could have survived which is actually what drew me here to begin with, so that is yet another thing this episode did well.

• It will most likely be the intro to season 5, to get people all shocked.

• I did love the moment where Ethan pointed out to Ramsay how the Whitehills lacked the artisans required to produce the kind of wood he needed. Even if Ramsay's an absolute monster, he still basically said "Eh, he's got a point."

• Horses aren't exactly lightweight. If it was a large breed it'd be around 1000 kg (2200 lbs). Smaller horses still measure in at around 380-550 kg (840-1210 lbs). You'd be pretty much screwed.

I think It's possible.. I mean who dies from a stab in the leg and a horse falling on you?

• Actually I read the books before I watched the show...so, please don't assume because you know what they saw about those that assume. And yes, he's a Snow.

And no, he wouldn't kill a bannerman for giggles. In the book he's a sick sadist but he isn't going around killing all those men in Winterfell because he wants a laugh. He kills people he feel have wronged him but he never once killed a lord and again it was very different circumstances.

It's funny you say that even GoTShow and GoTBook(Song of Fire and Ice actually) since I'd say Ramsey is pretty similar character, especially since we didn't get to see the full extent of his depravity until book 5(which is what this season is).

But yeah, please try not to assume what I've read or not read. I've read the books multiple times. I get the characters and I understand the world. I just feel that this was a bit too far for Ramsey and that it just doesn't fit with the world(Lord Bolton would have been pissed since it reflects terribly on him, yet he mentions nothing of it in the show, which I guess is where this story takes place).

• Lady Hornwood says you're wrong.

• I don't think we will kill Ramsay, but we will kill everything that he loves..

Ashton is gonna kick so much ass in episode 2..

• edited December 2014

GRRM would be proud.

• edited December 2014

As great as it was....it fucking sucks that even if you lock his men behind a giant gate, they still just waltz in anyway. What's the point of even having the option to meet him outside if we're just going to be forced to let him in anyway? Why does Ethan have to die regardless of my decisions? Why do 3 Forresters die in the first ep? Don't tell me my choices tailor this story, yet force me to watch 3 characters die over and over again. Oh, but I can save that other squire.......yeah...

Yeah, I get that it's ASOIAF. Valar Morghulis, and all that jazz. I get that Ned Stark died, and tears were shed....but he died because he was stupid. I would think in a game where choices mattered, that I'd be given the choice to be stup- honorable, or practical, and either/or could result in death in PROPER context. When I bar the fucking gates, then those men without siege equipment stay the fuck out, and Ethan survives another day because Ramsay isn't stupid enough to pull that shit without more backup besides a short, fat man.

I hope the next episode is much more satisfying.

• Step up your game? What game?

We have no say in the matter of whether Ethan lives, or dies.

I loved the ending. It tells me that more player characters will die if I don't step up my game.

• Ramsay is a creature of pure hatred and sadism, he does what he feels like and only does what others ask of him if it amuses him or if it's a direct order from his father, Roose (and even then he's known to digress towards his own whims). But yeah, he REALLY doesn't like being called a "bastard," it's the one thing he truly despises - that he was born out of wedlock and therefore not a true heir to House Bolton - so it's no surprise he would purposely screw Whitehill over by adjusting his initial ironwood order after what Lord Whitehill said.

I liked when Ramsey left the Foresters with half their lands in my playthrough. That bit of mercy? That was totally him saying **** *** to Whitehill. Not being nice.

• edited December 2014

Alt text

You're in George RR Martin's world now, son: doesn't matter if the player characters are strong or weak, smart or stupid - they all die the same

• If Whitehill keeps calling Ramsay a "bastard" it won't be long before he's flayed to a bloody pulp

Really, I almost feel bad for Whitehill as you have to realize that he didn't quite "get it." That the Boltons aren't his friends and did

• They could have fixed that relatively easily.

Have his men scale the walls and you have not enough men to stop them or the soldiers scatter when they start using ladders.

Just do a short cutscene.

It would have been nice and fixed a lot of problems.

As great as it was....it fucking sucks that even if you lock his men behind a giant gate, they still just waltz in anyway. What's the point

• This was incredible ! Shock and sadness... This is the first time as far as I can remember that I sincerely cry to something happening in a game.
    The TV series is something quite 'hard' but touching fictional characters. Here the emotion is tenfold because of the personal investment made. When he died, I *was *Ethan, I was terrified that I was losing my House to those bad guys, but relieved I could prevent my sister from being kidnapped. While "I" was dying, I saw painfully go my little brother whom I could not protect... Wow ! The feelings, the pressure, had been coming up and up for a few minutes when this final twist unexpectedly occurred (well, it could have been expected but that's how they do it in this franchise, they set your attention on something else, then something else, the tension mounts... and here it is...)

Congrats Telltale and thank you for making me so involved, more than I ever was in any TTG game. This makes me forgive the small glitches here and there. I think that something very big has started here.

And, hey, I could speak face to face with Queen Cercei, that's something ! I can't wait to see the dragon fly simulator in next episodes (burn the man, eat the kid, ...)

• They didnt nail anything... roose would have to execute ramsey, and the north would rise up in revolt... Roose is looking to placate not stir the pot. so much for any sort of politicking in this one... looks like they kinda missed the point of ASOIAF

• Every time I remember Ethan, I become utterly sad. HI have no idea why, but his death made me feel horrible.

• I mean, his leg is both stabbed and probably crushed. He may be alive, but he probably wont be walking.

I think It's possible.. I mean who dies from a stab in the leg and a horse falling on you?

• I definitely think Rodrick may have survived, seeing that a horse fell upon his body and he wasn't stabbed or slashed to death which would have been more shocking.
    But you never know, it is westoros.

Sniperw0lf posted: »

Does anyone think Rodrik might have survived?

• edited December 2014

I was trying to do everything I could to deter Ramsey from killing anyone, but knowing that psychotic bastard, I had a feeling there was nothing I could do. I was shocked that it was Ethan he ended up killing, I thought for sure it would be Duncan/Royland, or his little brother.

• I guess there was no way to avoid Ethan's death. Hopefully Mira isn't next. I have a bad feeling about Sera.

• Omg ethan......my favorite character
    I swear i cried for his death i realy loved him an replayd the game cz i thought my choises made this happene.... :( .... :( .... :( ........

• It's been said tho by the producers that Stone heart won't be shown. I'm disappointed and hoping they're just throwing us off...but it doesn't seem likely.

Vvardenfell posted: »

It will most likely be the intro to season 5, to get people all shocked.

• Right. So is there no saving Ethan?

• In my opinion I hated the ending. It felt like they were trying to hard to be Game of Thrones so they thought "ahh why not kill of this guy". Like ramsy would have never killed a lord for no reason. It made no sense! I know his batshit crazy but still he would have never done something so stupid. If you want to kill of a character find a way that makes sense please.

• Or there simply was just a traitor..

They could have fixed that relatively easily. Have his men scale the walls and you have not enough men to stop them or the soldiers scatt

• Why did you bump this old thread just for this...?

And imo they weren't doing to fit the Game of Thrones "kill off this guy" stereotype. Ethan's death, similar to Ned Stark's, kickstarted the last feud between the Forresters and the Whitehills.

Also, I don't get why people say that it's not something Ramsay would do. He's done far worse for far less

• I agree I always roll my eyes when someone says something like: "OMG he/she would never do that!" about a certain character right after you literally saw them do it.

Why did you bump this old thread just for this...? And imo they weren't doing to fit the Game of Thrones "kill off this guy" stereotype.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.