Mac version

13»

Comments

• Personally, I've been contemplating requesting a refund and moving to the Xbox One or PS4 version. I would like to play the episode over the weekend, and I am almost certain Telltale won't have this problem sorted out by then. Real disappointing. I should have learned my lesson when Telltale had trouble launching The Walking Dead Season 1 on their own site when Steam had it up at launch with no issues.

beguiler posted: »

It really is looking that way. I sadly went ahead and purchased the game on iOS. I wish I hadn't bought the game for mac. I did so mainly because the PS3 was a week late. Are most people in here still holding out for mac or jumping ship?

• I'm just curious why only mac is having issues. With TFTBL and GOT they have had 2 back to back last second delays. They will most likely lose mac users if they don't offer some kind of peace offering

Personally, I've been contemplating requesting a refund and moving to the Xbox One or PS4 version. I would like to play the episode over the

• I´m so happy right now that I installed Windows via Bootcamp a few weeks ago even though I hardly ever use it. Bootcamp, your time has come.

• I'm so disappointed, first and last telltale game for me, in future I will just watch on YouTube.

• I sadly have no other platform right now as my Xbox kicked the bucket and I'm waiting until after the holidays. It's killing me seeing all the glowing reviews and not being able to play.

It really is looking that way. I sadly went ahead and purchased the game on iOS. I wish I hadn't bought the game for mac. I did so mainly because the PS3 was a week late. Are most people in here still holding out for mac or jumping ship?

• Its up on Steam for Mac now.

• Finally! Just pulled it up on my iMac and it looks glorious. Much better than the iOS graphics

jameshodge posted: »

Its up on Steam for Mac now.

• Great! Steam gets it earlier than the Telltale site.......again.......

Would be nice if they gave Steam codes like they did with The Walking Dead fiasco if they do not have it up on the site tonight.

jameshodge posted: »

Its up on Steam for Mac now.

• Any news yet?

• I did receive a response from TelltaleMike in regards to getting Steam Keys for Mac users waiting to download from the Telltale site. Here was his response:

"I apologize for any difficulties you have experienced. We are currently working hard on releasing the Mac version for Telltale Games players, and hope to have more information soon. Unfortunately we are unable to provide Steam Keys for purchases made through our website, or third-party retailers."

Not sure why they were able to do it for The Walking Dead Season 1 but not for this release. At this rate, I would assume we see nothing until next week. I hope I am incorrect in that assumption.

ivenoidea posted: »

Any news yet?

• I don't even want a steam key, I just want to be able to download the OSX version from the website. It has been up on Steam for two goddamn days now.

I did receive a response from TelltaleMike in regards to getting Steam Keys for Mac users waiting to download from the Telltale site. Here w

• I agree; however, in that instance we received Steam keys to begin playing while we waited and eventually got access to our games on the site. Would be nice to have the same here with such a large delay.

I don't even want a steam key, I just want to be able to download the OSX version from the website. It has been up on Steam for two goddamn days now.

• Well i'm currently downloading it from this site, so it's definitely up... hope you guys can get it too! Can't wait to start playing. I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

• beguiler mac version is on steam just so you know.

Is it here yet?

• Mac version?

nickipps posted: »

Well i'm currently downloading it from this site, so it's definitely up... hope you guys can get it too! Can't wait to start playing. I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

• Does what you are downloading end in .exe?

Because it doesn't show up for me.

nickipps posted: »

Well i'm currently downloading it from this site, so it's definitely up... hope you guys can get it too! Can't wait to start playing. I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

• My guess is that he is confusing it with the PC version. I have refreshed can checked on different browsers. There is no Mac version there.

Does what you are downloading end in .exe? Because it doesn't show up for me.

• Thanks! I saw when it finally came to steam a few days ago. Unfortunately, I played on iOS(iPad) first. I had a much better experience on my mac though.

beguiler mac version is on steam just so you know.

• So my question for any TT Staff:

Will the mac version continue to release late/get delayed? Was the issue with TFTBL and GOT a big issue or 2 random occurrences?

I just want to anticipate what platform I should expect to play on. If Mac continues to release late I will play on another platform. And that really sucks because I already pre-paid for the mac season pass...

• Soo, apparently the OSX build has been up on Steam since the 4th.

Still not available on the Telltale website. What he hell? You guys really can't upload it here?

• The logical solution would be to receive Steam keys to play while we wait for release on the site as they've done in the past; however, that solution was shot down early in another post I made in the support forums. At this point, I consider this to be disrespecting the customer when there are obvious solutions that have been used in the past and can be applied in this instance. No compensation, no date, and time table. It seems Telltale does not care as they already have the funds from us.

Soo, apparently the OSX build has been up on Steam since the 4th. Still not available on the Telltale website. What he hell? You guys really can't upload it here?

• The worst insult here is that they refuse to say anything. Get your head out of your arses Telltale. I realize that unforseen problems can occur but AT LEAST TELL US. Don't just go quiet and leave us all in the dark. 5 days SINCE THE STEAM OSX VERSION WENT UP.

The logical solution would be to receive Steam keys to play while we wait for release on the site as they've done in the past; however, that

• I played the .exe Windows version on my Mac with WineBottle. It's far from perfect, for example I don't know how to play full screen, and sometimes I can't see where the cursor is, which makes some gameplay a bit frustrating. But overall it's the type of game you play for the story, and I had a great time, I even got my gf to start her own game after she saw me play for a few min.
    Do you guys know if the progress saved on the Windows version can be accessed when I'll install the Mac version, maybe for episode 2?
    I'm wondering if they can carry over the decisions made based on my TT login.

• It seems the Mac build is finally available on the site here.

Still, the absolute silence before was annoying and frankly inexcuseable. Next time at least say something like "Hey, yeah sorry we got a few problems with the website backend, we're working on it."

• I still believe there should be some compensation for the lack of communication and effort in providing an alternative. I truly hope this is the only instance this occurs with this season.

It seems the Mac build is finally available on the site here. Still, the absolute silence before was annoying and frankly inexcuseable. N

• Well it's up, but they haven't updated any of the info on the website. To new users it still looks like it's unavailable.
    Won't keep me from totally finishing this game tonight though :)

• Yep

Mac version?

• No I wasn't confused, I downloaded it when I posted that I did and have played through a few times now...

My guess is that he is confusing it with the PC version. I have refreshed can checked on different browsers. There is no Mac version there.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.