Start a Story, be your own Fable. (Create a Fable Thread)

Comments

• Felicia offered Peter and Ethan a basket of freshly prepared fries. She melted cheese and added bits of crispy bacon to top it off; the mound of grease, fat and cheese was topped with green onion and salt for taste.

"Good lord." Ethan dug his fingers into the cheesy goodness. "Going to get a heart attack just looking at this thing..."

"Those are me specialty fa' Friday nights." Emily tilted her hat back and leaned into the chair. "Figure ya' would enjoy a little something."

Peter exhaled. "Thank you, Felicia. This looks good. But we are here for another reason and not the food..."

"Ya' said there was someone out killin' Fables AND Halfers?"

"That's right. We found a murdered Fable at old man Jumbo Reily's place early today."

Felicia gasped. "Oh my! Do you know who it be yet?"

Ethan shakes his head. "Not yet. We sent the body to Swineheart for analysis. We won't know for another couple of hours or so."

Emily folds her arms. "And how do ya' fookin' know it was a Folker who-"

Peter looks up from the basket of fries. "There was a message written in blood. It was targeted at ONLY Halfers and Fables. If if it was meant for all three, they would have said something about them, too."

Emily looked over. Gren, sitting in the dark, carefully listened to the conversation being held. Emily was tempted to kick him out; all morning he was on her last nerve and the constant need to open his mouth was making it hard for Emily to bite her tongue. He pulled out his flask, twisted the top and drank the Whisky inside. Again, Emily felt some sympathy for the man and left it at that. He would stay like that. For now, at least.

Gren looked over. "Do you know who yet?"

Emily rolled her eyes. "Do ya' think they know yet?!"

Gren stands up, knocking the stool over. "I ain't talking to you, Porgie!"

Peter quickly gets up. "Okay, enough! Stop! Sit the fuck down Gren and shut up, Emily."

Emily mumbles. "He started it, Peter."

Ethan immediatly picked up the tension in the room. "We are going back to the crime scene and look over. We did pick up a Kiwi smell but that could mean something or nothing at all."

"So, what does this bloody have ta' do with me?"

Peter takes out a notepad. "You see or hear anything unusual around the club? Any disturbances? Girls being attacked when going home?"

"Not that I know of. None of the girls 'ave said nuthin' ta' me."

Felicia nods. "Same here. They come to me if there are any problems..."

Peter scribbles this down. "Anyone in the club, like clients or what not causing you trouble?"

Emily leans forward. "We be in a fookin' strip club, Peter. There are always sketchy people in 'ere."

"I understand...but what I MEAN, have you noticed anyone acting different or like they may be up to something?"

"No."

Gren interrupts. "Is Emily a suspect?"

Everyone looks over. Emily, however, can not contain herself. Felicia tries to hold her back but the strength Emily possesed was too great.

"The fook is that suppsed ta' mean?!"

"A Fable is killed and the Sheriff is here askin' the fucking Pudding and Pie owner if she KNOWS of anything. Sound familiar, Emily?"

Peter agian stands up. Ethan knew the only person in the room capable of stopping this sudden fight would be Peter.

"Stop! Gren-shut up!"

Gren extends his hands out. "What!? I can't be concerned, Peter! You and the Deputy Mayor are here IN THE PUDDING AND PIE, asking if Emily knows or has seen anything-"

"Because she's a goodamn Halfer, Gren! I was going to ask EVERYONE in the family; that includes my other siblings AND cousins! Stop being so fucking selfish! You should be worried about Rosie and the boys. They could be in danger-"

"Ain't no one after ME or my kids, Peter! They're after the Porgie Clan and this was a massage to you AND the family!"

Ethan now was seeing red. "How is this a message for OUR family, uncle Gren?"

"Since you boys took these positions, things have not been the same and now a damn rat Folker has you in their hands and will use ANYTHING they can to get the upper hand! Because your mom and dad had kids, married and managed to change the rules, someone out there thinks that was the fucking wrong thing to do and-"

Peter holds up a hand. "So, you think because of them, a Folker is out to make a statement? A LOT of Halfers were born to Fable parents; my aunt Gina married a Fable, aunt Carla married a Fable....hell! My grandmother is human and married a Wolf!"

Gren shakes his head. "It was never this bad until Georgie Porgie and Lyla Smith became one..."

"Get out..."

Gren was stunned by Peter's sudden change in voice. "What the fuck-"

Emily steps forward, as she walks to Gren. She grabs his jacket and pulls towards the exit.

"Ya' heard the fookin' Sheriff-OUT!"

Gren pulls back. "Get your fuckin' hands off of me, Emily!"

Emily throws Gren towards the door. "I gave ya' a fookin' chance ta' keep quiet and stay outta this! Now, get on outta here!"

Gren adjusts his jacket. "Things would've been better, if Georgie Porgie had remained dead-"

The room was silent. Everyone, including the kids, knew how Gren felt about their father; indeed, their father was no saint and was involved with people that led him down a path of destructon and hate. Gren, however, was the only person that felt the need to kick up dust. Lily was a dear friend and the kids knew this from Holly. He was devestated. That was years ago and Gren continued to bring it up. Their father paid for his crimes and did the time. As they became adults, it was clear why their father kept everything from the past simply as that: the past.

Emily, tears in her eyes, continued to push Gren out. Felicia tried to stop her but Peter managed to grab her arm in time.

"Get the fook out of my club, Gren..."

Gren perceived what he had said; he tried to salvage it by grabbing Emily's arm but the damage was done.

"Emily, I didn't mean-"

"Its no wonder ya' kids hate ya'....why my aunt Carla left ya' stoopid ass behind."

Gren's eyes widened. "My kids...they-"

"Get out, Gren. Ya' are banished from me club."

"No!" Gren begged Emily. "Please! Holly already fuckin' banned me from the bar and I ain't got much left, Emily! I-"

Emily shoved Gren against the door. "GO! Get outta me club! I fookin' hate ya! Neva' come back to me club! I bloody fookin' hate ya'!"

Gren could not move, as he watched Peter run towards Emily. It was all in slow motion, as his heart thumped loudly and his head soun in place. Her words echoed in his mind, as Peter grabbed Emily and held her back. His legs felt like wet noodles, as he trembled and woobled near the exit. Ethan, mouth covered and bewildered by Emily's words, watched as Gren turned the corner and run out of the club. Heading outside, Gren could still hear Emily.

"Let me go, Peter! I'll fookin' kill him! Ya' hear me, Grendel-ya' wanna see a Porgie in action!? Ya' think the bloody fruit didn't fall ta' far from the fookin tree?! Then get ya' slimy ass in here and let me show ya' what Emily Porgia can do!"

"Emily! That's enough! You're going to get in trouble! If he reports this as harrassment-"

But Gren would do no such thing. Despite what he said and felt deep within, he honsetly knew what Emily spoke was the truth; his ex wanted nothing to do with him, his own children despised him and now he was left once more out in the cold. Perhaps he would attempt to return and make peace with the club owner. Until that day comes, Gren decided to head back to his apartment. Alone. Like always.

Peter finally managed to get Emily under control. Although she wanted to chase Gren down and beat him senseless into the ground, she knew this would make things worse than before. right now, she was more focused on what Peter and Ethan had before them; a Folker was out killing not only Fables but Halfers as well. If Peter was right, her family would be the main target.

Felicia stood behind Emily and began the process of rubbing her shoulders. Peter took out a cigarette and offered on to his sister. Taking it, Emily peered over at Ethan.

"Sorry 'bout that..."

Ethan sighed. "I really wish you two would just let this go and move on. But I can't worry about that. There is a killer roaming the streets and I need to make sure you pay close attention for the next several days untill Peter and I catch him."

"Maybe aunt Mary can help us....ain't she a Lawyer or somethin'?"

Ethan shakes his head. "Mom said she's been really busy. I'll try calling her but I can't guarantee anything."

Peter glares at Emily. "So, are you SURE there was nothing unusual here?"

"No, Peter. I told ya' everything..."

Peter looks at the time. "Well, thank you Emily. The food was delicious but we better get going. We're going to have to tell cole, do the paperwork....checkup on the body..."

"Why did ya' take this job, Peter?"

"What do you mean, sis?"

"I can understand Ethan. He's always been interested in this politic bullshit. But ya' neva' liked it or even wanted anything ta' do with Bigby-"

Peter finished off the fries, as he and Ethan stood up. "Perhaps Gren was on to something...guess the fruti doesn't fall too far from the tree..."

Emily sighed. "Guess..."

Ethan pats Emily on the back. "Call us if anything goes on that seems suspicious. You too, Felicia-warn your girls."

"Thank you, Ethan. Sheriff."

Leaving the club behind them, Ethan and Peter decide to walk back to the Woodlands; it was a beautiful afternoon and although there was a heavy, thick layer of fog, this was perfect weather for taking a long walk in.

"Be honest, Peter. Do you think this is targeted at our family?"

Peter takes out another cigarette. "I doubt it, Ethan but it wouldn't fucking surprise me...."

"Here I was thinking it was over with...."

Peter sighs. "It will never go away, Ethan....ever..."

Those words burned into Ethan's mind, as the brother duo continued walking to their office. They remained in silence; perhaps both processing the crime scene or the possible list of suspects that would do this. There were so many Folkers out who were still against Fables and Halfers.

Suddenly, Ethan's phone rang. It was Swineheart.

"Hello. Yes, sir....oh, you did? Who? A Tailor? What's his-uh huh. We are heading back now. Alright. See you in a bit. Bye."

Peter looks over. "A Tailor?"

"Yes. His name is Daniel and he used to be a Tailor...we'll look him up in the books...."

"WHY kill a Tailor, though?"

"Let's just hurry back and see. Maybe Michelle will know something or have heard about him...."

"Yeah. Hopefully she got Jumbo to calm down so we can talk to him."

The brothers enter the Woodland's and head to their office, unaware another crime would be commited tonight.

Any questions, you know the drill. Ugh! Pulled out my lower back muscles and it hurts like hell! Of all the fucking weeks to do so...shit man...

• Ah poopsicles! That's right! XD -slaps forehead- Ooooohhhh man! My bad, Noir. :)

LupineNoir posted: »

Got to put my hand up and admit I put him in one, too. It was the Vacation Challenge, but I did try and make him nicer. :P Though, I hadn't read many of the comics by that point.

• I went back and read Pie's 1st story to make sure I got their personalitites right. They always got under my skin and I wanted to remain in character throughout, considering this was before Lyla and Georgie became one; from what I read and Pie has told me, it was very controlling and was like walking on eggshells. I'm pleased to have brought that out. :D

I do know what you are saying and glad you like it so far. :)

The whole thing with the Folkers prowling around for Fables on their turf, or vice versa, sort of reminds me of bits of Europe after the Sec

• -taps Gren on shoulder-

HEY, Gren....

Alt text

I'm glad Emily stood up for her father! Normally, I would stand by Gren in these situations but that was going too far. You never, never, EVER attack the children, no matter what age! >:( That's awful that his own kids are estranged but I can kinda see now why he's alone and kids are gone.

Those fries did sound good! Damn!!

Hmm...what story is the Tailor from? Its just weird that he ends uo in some randon guy's apartment. Wonder if its connected or pure coinsidence. Hmm....And another crime to be commited?! Wonder what will happen there!

This is getting good and can't wait to read more. Don't know fi you got my messages but I'm in town if you need me to come by. DON'T think your VERY pregnant fiancee can help you around the house. xD

pudding_pie posted: »

Felicia offered Peter and Ethan a basket of freshly prepared fries. She melted cheese and added bits of crispy bacon to top it off; the moun

• Snow went around the room, adjusting the scarves of her four grandchildren.

"Don't forget to get that Keurig, Rose has been bugging me since March for it," She reminded them all.

The room erupted in pleasure when Winter entered the room, her North Wind aura making the room feel a few degrees cooler. She smiled at her mother, pushing back a few stray strands of blue hair. Snow handed Winter the list, pointing out the importance of it all.

"Don't worry, the kids will be able to accomplish this task. I doubt it'll be hard," She reassured her mother. Snow went around once again, planting a kiss on each Cub's forehead, even Winter, and seen them off out the door.

Scarlett had opted to stay home, figuring it was better if she takes it easy. Like Swineheart ordered, she recalled. She watched her siblings leave as quickly as they had arrived, the night sky bright with stars. The brightest of all stood directly above her family and she smiled warmly.

Her feet took her to the empty living room, where the television sat playing Christmas movies 24-7. She reclined the couch back, covering her bare feet with a warm snowflake covered blanket she got the other day. It was so nice to be able to bundle up and wait in anticipation for the Holidays in only a couple of days. The Christmas Party here would be brilliant; She couldn't wait to see her mother and father, and her aunts and uncles and cousins. Therese would be coming up, which would lift a load of worry off of her chest. Even though they knew she was safe again, she just needed to see her aunt in person to know everything was alright.

Jackson, with his reindeer slippers, slid across the wood floor and snuggled onto the couch with her. He held some hotchocolate and shared it with her as Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer came on. Scar's favorite. Their heads leaned up against each other as the program started.

"Marry me," Jackson whispered. It was so casually said, it caught Scarlett off guard.

"Excuse me?" She said after a few seconds.

He placed the mug on the endtable, reaching in to his jean's pocket. He pulled a silver ring with a single diamond in it. "Marry me, Scarlett."

She didn't know what to say. Well, yes would be the obvious answer. She stared at him, her mouth agape as he twisted it in the light. The multiple colors that emitted from the tree bounced off the metal on the ring, dazzling her eyes.

Her mouth formed a giant smile, and she nodded her head fast. "Yes, I'll marry you. Of course I'll marry you. Why would I not say yes?" She began to laugh. He slipped it on her ring finger, simultaneously giving her a soft kiss on the cheek.

She fought back tears of joy, but it was useless. Only a few stray ones flew down her face as she continued to laugh and as he continued to give her puppy kisses.

"I love you," He reminded her. "And I've wanted to ask you that for quite some time, really."

"Where did you get the ring?" She asked, looking at it shine on her finger.

"It was my mother's ring," Jackson told her. "And, when we were at your parent's house during Thanksgiving, that's when I got it from her. I also asked your dad one morning, if he would mind if I took your hand in marriage. I think your dad finally started liking me then."

Scarlett laughed, hitting his shoulder playfully. "My dad never hated you!"

"He certainly didn't hate me. But there was a cold dislike in the air, if you ask me. Not anymore, though. No, I told him. I would propose when I thought the time was right."

Scarlett kissed her fiance on the lips as soft as he'd kissed her cheek. "I love you."

Jackson smiled. "So do we want to wait until the party to announce this one too?"

"Of course," She said. "We'll tell them it's a girl, and then we'll tell them that we're going to marry. But, I think my grandparents should know now."

"They'll be the only ones then. The only exceptions," Jackson laughed.

"Yeah. As soon as Rudolph is over and it's time for dinner, we'll tell them."

"Perfect," Jackson said. He nuzzled his nose against her neck. "You are perfect."

It made her laugh again. "Oh stop."

"It's true though. I love you more today that I did yesterday, and the day before that, and the day before that. Every day I love you more. You're perfect."

Scarlett blushed, and they shared one more kiss before moving their attention back to the television.

I planned this one a while now :) Like, a LONG while now XD I wanted to wait until the Christmas party to have Jackson propose, but then I changed my mind. I think My favorite couple is Harmony and Tim, but my second favorite couple is Scar and Jackson. I love them so much <3 Definitely not the stereotypical dating teens we see today, that's for sure. More soon ^-^ And questions, feel free to ask!

• edited December 2014

I was going to include some twists this chapter, but I decided to save the unexpected for the next part instead. Nevertheless, enjoy!

Chapter 4: Breakfast First

Fayde watched Flycatcher mop the floor with delight. It was like, she was almost hypnotized by the movements of him and the mop itself. She shook her head.

"Snap out of it, Fayde, think of the task at hand." She put her fist under her chin." Maybe that Grimble guy knows where the strip club is?"

After wandering the halls curiously, Everwind finds her way to the lobby once more, and proceeds to sit on the security desk. "Wake up, sleepy."

No response.

"Hello?"

Just more obnoxious snoring.

"Hmmm." Fayde scanned her surroundings to make sure no one else was around.

Whoosh! Her physical self was nowhere to be seen. While Fayde reveled being in her ghostly form again, she kicked Grimble's chair with all the force she could muster.

"WHOOA! Ooof! Fayde held in the urge to laugh as she turned back. The dazed guard tried to make sense of how he ended up on the floor. "Wha- what happened?"

"I was heading for the entrance until I noticed you leaning too far back in your chair. It seems that I was late to warn you in time, sorry."

"Really? Huh." He got up, positioned his chair like it was before, and sat down. He removed his cap to scratch his head. "Uh, did you need something?"

Fayde took a seat on his desk again. "Why, funny you should ask! I have a question that needs answering," She took a deep breath. "Do you know where the Pudding 'n Pie is?"

Grimble looked at Fayde suspiciously. "Why do you want to know?"

"Had a friend who worked there, been wanting to visit."

"I'm afraid you're a bit late on that, Miss Everwind. The property's been shut down since the Crooked Case last year."

"The Crooked Case?"

"Stuff you don't need to worry about." Grimble's eyes opened and closed due to his urge to sleep again.

"Well, can you still tell me where the club is? Please?"

"No, and that's final."

Fayde crossed her arms out of annoyance. "And here I thought you were a nice guy. Hmph, guess I'll find out for myself then." She stormed out the entrance, while another Fable took her place at the desk.

"Grimble."

"Sheriff."

Bigby scratched his head. "Who was that woman? She had an unfamiliar smell about her."

"Her name's Fayde Everwind, Sheriff. She's the new Fable that got interviewed by Snow White this morning for citizenship."

"Ah, that explains it. So, how'd she do?" Bigby took another huff from his cigarette.

"She did fine, but Bigby, she asked me about the Pudding 'n Pie before she left. Luckily, you arrived in time so I could tell you."

Bigby's eyes widened. "Did she mention a Nerissa or Faith? Maybe even why she needed to go there?"

"She said she needed to go meet a friend, I told her about the club being closed. It didn't seem to stop her from trying to find the place, though. I didn't tell her where it was either."

"You did a good job, Grimble. You, uh, you can go back to sleep now."

After realizing he'd been awake this entire time, the guard willingly fell back to sleep.

Bigby sighed and walked to the elevators. "Need to tell Snow."

"Tez! Stop it! I need to- oh..."

"Do you feel better now?" The thief nuzzled his nose against Rose's neck, he was kissing her gently on the neck as well.

"Yes, I-" Rose shut her eyes and moaned. "You never fail to please me, dragon."

"I only do what's best for us, Rose."

Ring!

"Wait," Rose opened her eyes. "Did you hear that?"

Tezoth stopped smoochin'. "Probably the phone, just let it go to speaker, Rose Bud. I'm not quite finished with you yet."

Ring! "Alright, alright," She paused. "We'll let it go to speaker." Rose smiled.

The phone beeped in the background, then, the message. "Hey, this is Rose Red. Afraid I can't come to the phone right now - probably drinking or partying or eating pizza or whatever. Leave a message and I'll try to get back to you as soon as I can. Laters."

"Rose? This is your sister, Snow White. Would you please get Tezoth on the phone? I need to speak with him."

Rose rolled her eyes. "That's my sis, doesn't even attempt to say hi or anything."

"I'm sure she meant to, Rose."

She scoffs. "Whatever you say."

The dragon rubbed her leg and walked to the phone. He picked it up. "Hello? ...Uh-huh. Yes. ...Of course, Miss White. It will be done." He hung the phone up.

"So, what silly task is she putting you up to this time?"

"She wants me to track this Fayde girl..."

"The one we met at Holly's bar?"

"That's the one, it seems. Snow also told me she's trying to head over to the Pudding 'n Pie as well."

"Wow, not a day in and she already wants to strip. Holly has some weird friends."

Tez's face cringed. "I wouldn't say it like that... Besides, the building is closed so I wouldn't see how she would, unless she's trying to find out something for herself, or Holly."

Rose got up from her couch. "Well, what are we waiting for? Let's go find out!"

"Not so fast, my Rose. We need to have breakfast first, having scotch and wine in the morning just doesn't cut it for me, and it shouldn't cut it for you either."

Her stomach grumbled. She sighed. "You're right, Tez, but don't expect me to do all the work this time."

He walked over and poked her side. "Alright, I'll help you make the pancakes this time. Just let me put the bread in the toaster first."

"By all means..." They shared a kiss once more, then, the two began working together like a true team.

END, of Chapter 4.

Alright, well, as I said above, I'm going to include some unexpected stuff in the next part. I certainly hope you guys enjoyed reading this one. Also, let me know of what you guys think of my descriptions of Tezoth and Rose romancing. :3

• Prologue

The alarm clock near the bed rang loudly in the early morning. Georgie, forgetting where he was at that moment, flung himself forward; he searched the bed, grasping at the covers and breathing heavy. He looked around the pastel yellow painted room and sighed deeply. He now remembered his location. The past two days were mere blurs to Georgie, as he stood up and stretched his lower back. The sun was peaking over the foothills, as Georgie headed to the curtains and pulled them back.

A slice of sunshine danced along the wooden floors, as several birds were perched on a nearby branch. It was still strange to Georgie. He was used to the noise of honking cars, loud voices and sirens passing his apartment. Birds chirping felt new and strang to his ears; the wind blowing gently through the trees reminded him of the Farm. Although he had been waken up before by birds, livestock crying into the morning air and the occasional Fable walking down the path, he still found it odd and brand new.

Georgie looked out the window and noticed fresh dew collecting on the leaves. The mounds of green growing on the hills were topped with pink and yellow posies. A passing cloud sat perfectly between the branches and the new morning blue sky. Georgie leaned forward and pressed his forehead to the glass. It was cool to the touch.

There was a sudden smell lingering in the air; the crisping of meat could be heard as well outside his bedroom door. He noticed several sets of feet walking past his bedroom. There was a faint tap at his door.

"Georgie. I'm making breakfast. Would you like a plate?"

Georgie turned to face the door. "Sure, Nancy....that sounds swell."

"Oh good. It should be ready in five minutes."

Nancy left, just as Georgie stripped down into nothing but his boxers. He grabbed his black jeans and black shirt; his shoes wer neatly placed beside the door, as he searched endlessly for a pair of socks. He found some and began dressing his feet. There was another tap at the door.

"I'm sorry, Georgie but I wanted to know if you like berries on your Waffles."

"Yes."

Again, silence. Georgie finished dressing, adjusted his Bowler hat and left his room. The smell of freshly prepared meals were surrounding him as Georgie made his way to the kitchen. Sitting at the table was John and the three girls; Gina had a mouth full of Waffle, Mary was too busy looking at a picture on the front of the paper and baby Carla was fast asleep in a bassinet located near John.

John looked up from his paper. "Ah Georgie. Glad to see you up."

Gina slammed her fork down. "Who is THAT, daddy?"

"Remember what mommy and daddy said? A friend would be staying with us for awhile."

A friend, thought Georgie. How different. Gina glared at Georgie, as he took a seat. She looked him up and down, as she shoved more Waffle into her mouth.

"Yo haf a lot of tattufs on your armfs."

Nancy looks over. "EAT first, young lady. Do not talk with your mouth full."

Nancy walks beside Georgie and places the hot meal on the table. The Waffles are golden brown and topped with a mixture of Strawberries and Blueberries. Beside the mound of fluffly delights are four slices of crispy bacon and a side of Hashbrowns.

"Eat up, Georgie. There are plenty if you want seconds."

John holds out his plate. "I'd like seconds on everything, sweetie."

Nancy grabs the plate and adds more food. Georgie is stunned by the amount on his plate. Even at the Farm, he never ate this much. He looked around the table.

"Where is Henry?"

"He's still asleep. Had a difficult time sleeping last night..."

Georgie pours the maple syrup over his Waffles. "He's, uh, used ta' sleepin' with someone."

John holds the paper down. "The boy is eight years old, Georgie. I THINK he can sleep on his own..."

Georgie cuts into his food. "Ya' wrong, John. He needs someone there. It be a comfort thing."

Nancy hands the plate back. "Well, we will figure something out. Would hate for the boy to be uncomfortable."

Right on cue, Carla wails and kicks the air. Her tiny arms swing around, as Nancy bends over to pick up the infant. She sits beside Georgie; the baby was tiny, as her little hands clung to Nancy's dress straps. Her hair was a bright red, as Nancy gently stroked it. She looked up at Georgie and smiled.

"You don't mind, do you?"

Georgie was confused. "Mind woot? The girl?"

"No. If I breastfeed Carla right here. I know it makes some people uncomfortable."

"No...." Georgie sips from his glass of milk. "Ya' feedin' ya' baby."

Nancy beams, as she pulls down the front of her dress and bra. Georgie's eyes face his plate, as he hears the suckling of the feeding baby girl. Gina makes a face at her sister.

"She going to make a stinky after this!"

Georgie chuckles. "That's woot bloody babies do."

"She's not bloody!"

John tries not to chuckle. "It's an expression, baby girl."

"A what?"

"It's something weird adults use to describe something."

"Oh." Gina grabs the ketchup bottle and adds a few spats to her eggs. "Okay, daddy."

Mary holds up her fork. "Bye bye, daddy."

John kisses her head. "All done, baby? Bye bye food?"

Mary waves at her empty Sesame street plate. "Bye bye."

"Cute girls, John."

John smiles. "Thank you, Georgie. The best thing that ever happened to me."

"So, I know 'bout Lyla. Anymore after her?"

John shakes his head. "Nah. Think me and Nancy are through after Lyla. We have our little angels."

Georgie laughs. "Not gunna try fa' that boy, eh?"

There was silence, as Nancy pats Carla. The baby begins to fuss. Nancy places the infant over her shoulder and pats her back gently. John wipes his mouth, as he helps the older girls clean their plates. Georgie, unsure of what happened, sits silently and eats the remainder of his food. John escorts the girls into the living room, where the three sit and watch cartoons.

Georgie looks over at Nancy. "Did I, uh, say somethin' wrong?"

Nancy sighs. "It's still very hard for him, Georgie...."

"Woot is?"

Nancy holds Carla close her her neck. The baby closes her eyes and snuggles against the warm flesh.

"Before Gina, I was pregnant with a boy. We named him Nathanial and John was so pleased to have his first born son. We were very proud of the Wolf pup growing inside. But something went wrong around the seventh month. I woke up with severe cramps and bleeding from my Vaginal area. John at the time was at a meeting, so I called Bigby; he and Snow rushed over and took me to Swineheart, were we would meet John there."

She paused briefly to place the now sleeping baby in the bassinet.

"Swineheart did everything he could but there was no way of saving Nathanial. That afternoon, I gave birth to a stillborn Wolf pup. I lost my husband the day we buried our baby in the ground. He was not the same for months after that...he wasn't sure if he WANTED to try for another baby after that."

Georgie placed his hand on Nancy's shoulder. "Fuck's sake, Nancy....I didn't....fuck! I'm a bloody idiot."

"Don't blame yourself, Georgie. We all take death differently. Even the strongest males like John have their breaking point. He loves these little girls. His eyes light up EVERY time they are with him. But every so often, I catch him going through the box in the garage of all the things Nathanial would have used..."

"He has a box?"

Nancy smiles. "On his bad days, he'll go out there and hold one of the blue onesies. Its his way of coping, Georgie...of letting go..."

Georgie had no idea, as Nancy cleared her throat and cleaned up.

"Do...do ya' need 'elp, Nancy?"

"No, Georgie. You just eat. Later on the Sheriff is coming by to check up on you. If you want later, I could use some help cleaning the floors in the kitchen, bathroom and Den."

Georgie wipes his mouth. "Sure. what ya' need?"

"A bucket of warm water and a dash of lemon pledge. It should be under the sink there..."

Georgie gets up, pushes his chair in and dumps the scraps into the trashcan. He heads out to the back to find a bucket; Nancy said it was either near the shed or in the garage. When Georgie couldn't find the bucket in the shed, he walked to the garage. As he turned around the corner, Georgie noticed John standing in the middle, holding a tiny blue onesie. Georgie cleared his throat, causing John to face him.

"Oh, hey Georgie."

"Hello, John. What ya' got there?"

John shakes his head. "Nothing. Just....Georgie-"

"Yes?"

"One day, my daughter will be here and she'll be the reason for a lot of things. Someone once told me that things happen for a reason. I never understood what the fuck that meant, especially after we lost our son....I, I didn't know WHAT to think anymore. But, if he hadn't passed on, my youngest probably would not have been conceived, Georgie...."

Georgie walked over to John. He didn't know what to do, as he watched John place the onsie back inside the box. John closes the top and sighs heavily.

"Lyla was meant for a purpose....to change something. Or, someone. For some unkown fucked up reason, it has to deal with you. She saves another soul, another human being. Perhaps there was a reason for all of this, Georgie. For losing my son, you living....the shit that took place between the Folkers and Fables. What do you think, Georgie?"

Georgie takes out a cigarette and hands one to John. John smiles, as they light up.

"I think this fooked up shit hole city is a reason for all of us, John. We just take it one fookin' day at a time..."

John exhales. "One day at a time indeed, Porgie. One day at a time..."

Georgie nods, as the two share an understanding in silence.

Any questions, let me know. Took today off because of my lower back. If it does not go away by tonight, my fiancee is making an appointment. Ugh. Hate being this way....hate not working or being productive. -.-

• Porgie Clan Pg. 11

Alt text

Any questions, you know the drill :)

• she was almost hypnotized by the movements of him and the mop itself.

Flycatcher's booty had me like:

Alt text

I love Fayde and wonder what she wants in regards to the Pudding and Pie. I doubt it has to do with dancing and more for Lily but you never know! xD

Also, FINALLY those two! :) I ship Tez and rose so hard! :D Glad to see them finally taking that leap into a relationship. Babies. So many BABIES! lol I liked it; very sweet, straight and to the point. Tez knows what he wants, damnit!! xD

I was going to include some twists this chapter, but I decided to save the unexpected for the next part instead. Nevertheless, enjoy! Cha

• Alt text

I'm going to kick your ass later when I see you. Shit, Pie...-reaches for tissue box-

I had no idea and its when you throw little things in like this that draw a bigger picture. Its nice to see John opening up to Georgie like that. Makes me sad knowing he'll try at nothing to stop his daughter in the futre from falling in love with Georgie and creating a whole new opportunity for him. :(

Loved this. Text me if you need anything.

Prologue The alarm clock near the bed rang loudly in the early morning. Georgie, forgetting where he was at that moment, flung himself fo

• JJwolfJJwolf Banned
    edited December 2014

Shit! 0.0 I forget Junior's eyes can change like that when he's either made or scared!

I love how the other kids are there like, 'DAFUQ' is going on. And Lyla. Wonder if Georgie will tell her anything....And not to sound like a perv but dang, Lyla....you have CURVES, girl!

Georgie: Junior, look at me-what happened?!

Junior: ...........

XD

Porgie Clan Pg. 11 Any questions, you know the drill

• I think I can remember that one; it's a good one. xD

MasterStone posted: »

Thanks, the polar bears drinking cola is one of my favorite commercials.

• No worries, dude! It was a while ago, and there's been so much since. :)

JJwolf posted: »

Ah poopsicles! That's right! XD -slaps forehead- Ooooohhhh man! My bad, Noir.

• Welcome back! :) I tell you, there's been a disappointing lack of hypothetical situations with OCs wearing fishnet stockings while you've been gone.

Anyway, this chapter was rather tense, mostly because of the Russian roulette. The way you swapped between people while writing that bit, and showing us how they were all thinking about the situation was an entertaining way of doing it!

Oh, poor Romeo though. Medusa and Scarlett are still alive, or at least Medusa is, which has to be bad news for everyone else. At least Bradwr's on side. As for the bit with Bluebeard, the idea of that is probably one of the things that has creeped me out the most while being on this thread, and I've been here for over eight months. So, congratulations, I think. xD

Bloody-Mary posted: »

Final part of Russian Roulette, enjoy! Sorry it took so long, school stuff and I needed some time for self care. I got into Dragon age, I

• Christmas challenge

"RJ, where do you think you are going?"

Still in his Ninja Turtle's pj's, the boy comes to a sudden stop near the front door. In his hand, he holds a jacket, mittens and boots under his arm.

"Getting ready for the park, dad."

Robert points to a second chair. "Come sit down and eat your Oatmeal, kiddo."

RJ, in his Grendel form, stomps his way into the kitchen. The ground rumbles, as he pulls out his chair and sits. He stares at the piping hot bowl of oats, Maple and brown sugar.

"Eat up or we won't go to the park today."

"But I'm not hungry-"

"RJ." Robert glares at his son. "Eat at least some of it."

"Yes sir."

RJ digs his spoon into the thick meal. He nearly inhales what is in the bowl. Robert smiles, as he butters a piece of toast and drinks his coffee. The show was thick outside; Robert promised to RJ they would go to the park an build snowmen. RJ was excited. Back on the Farm, he loved rolling, jumping and playing in the snow. Although his skin would turn a blueish gray and his little webbed toes would sting, RJ loved every minute of it.

As RJ finished off his breakfast, Robert's phone went off. A Christmas tune filled the kitchen, as RJ scurried over and grabbed it. It was Lyla.

"Hi mommy. Eating breakfast. Oatmeal. Uh huh. Yeah. Yeah. Uh huh. Daddy is here. Okay."

Robert was surprised. "She all done talking to you?"

"She wants to speak to you first."

Robert grabs the phone. "Well, if you are done, clean up, wash your face and get dressed."

RJ dashes to the sink, places the bowl inside and heads to his room. Robert laughs.

"Hello, Lyla. Yes, he's excited for today. Nope, just me and him today. Yeah, I will. I got him brand new boots the other day. His old pair had a HUGE hole on the bottom of the left one. Yeah. I know. Tell Georgie I said hi."

RJ runs back into the kitchen. He sits on the chair and begins to tie on his boots.

"Alright. Here he is. Alright. RJ-mommy."

As RJ talks to Lyla, Robert couldn't help but wonder if Lyla would enjoy going with them to the park; Georgie was working today and the kids were on winter break. RJ would love to play with his brothers and sisters and it would give Lyla and Robert an opportunity to be alone and talk. But Robert knew where that would lead, as he took another bite from his toast.

"Okay mommy, I will. Love you. Bye."

RJ pushes the black button, as he continues to get ready.

"Ready, daddy?"

Robert holds up his coffee. "Just a couple more sips and we'll be on our way."

RJ smiles.

The area Robert was heading in was strange to RJ. He had never been to this park before, as his father drove down a deserted path of ice and snow.

"Where is this park, daddy? We are so far away from the city."

Robert turns down the volume to the radio. "We are going to a special place were Fables like to go to get away from the city."

"The Farm?"

"Close."

RJ thought for a moment. "Is it a DIFFERENT Farm?"

Robert chuckled. "No, son. Its a little area your uncle Gren and I like to go when we want to run around in our Grendel form."

RJ pressed his nose to the window and smiled. "So, if I want to change-"

"Go right ahead."

As Robert said these words, he parked the truck near an old well. The boy jumped out from the truck; his boots pressed to the snow, crunching every time he took a step. Robert locked the doors, as he followed his son down a snowy hill. RJ immediatly turned; Robert beamed when he saw his Grendel boy roll and bury himself in the snow. Gathering the articles of clothing, RJ tossed snow into the air and allowed it to trickle down upon his head.

"Daddy! Come play with me!"

There was a sudden green glow. RJ covered his eyes for a brief moment before feeling Robert's massive cheek rub up against his head. RJ cooed and ran around his father, now in his true Grendel form. The cold pricked the bottom of Robert's feet. He trotted through the winter wonderland, as RJ continued to run and jump through the thick mounds of snow.

Little Deer paused to watch the beasts play, as if this was their first time witnessing snow. A white Rabbit dashed past RJ, as it hid in the shadows and kicked up snow to hide. Robert headed to a creek; it was covered in a thin sheet of ice, as he threw his giant clawed hands into the cold water. He cupped the liquid and sipped it carefully. It was refreshing seeping down his throat. As his hands headed in for another cup, a snowball slammed into the back of his head.

Robert turned, as RJ giggled and ran up the hill. Smiling, robert chased RJ up the hill. RJ, now on his stomach, slid down the hill and landed on the bottom with a thud. Giggling, the boy beckoned his father to join.

"Come on, daddy!" His voice echoed in the silent tundra. "Slide down like I did!"

Robert nearly fell forward. He tried to adjust and find the perfect position to slide down. He first tried his buttocks, then his stomach and finally his back. But the cold was too much for the older Grendel and as Robert tried another position, he lost his footing and tumbled down the hill. Waiting at the bottom, was an eager little boy, clapping his hands.

THUD! BAM! WHOOOSH! Robert landed right by RJ's little feet. Staring up, he had a mouthful of snow and a pile on his head.

"That's was AWESOME, dad!" RJ squealed, running into another direction. "Come on! Let's build a snowman!"

Standing up, Robert carefully walked through the snow and stood beside RJ. He assisted the boy with the snow man; RJ took care of the bottom, while Robert finished the top. He placed RJ on his shoulders, as the boy stuck twigs, dirt and leaves onto his face.

"I like it out here."

"Oh yeah-why?"

"Reminds me of the Farm. I like being in my Grendel form..."

"You know WHY we can't be like this back home, right?"

RJ sighs. "I do..."

"Well, whenever you want to come out here, I'll take you. How does that sound?"

RJ pats a brown leaf upon the snowman's head. "I like that idea, daddy."

RJ and Robert stand back and look at their masterpiece.

"Not bad, kiddo. not bad."

"Wanna have a snowball fight now, daddy?"

Robert and RJ head up another hill, as they prepare for their snowball war. The mid-morning winter is filled with the roars and laughter of the two Grendels playing the snow.

Robert loved every second of it.
    ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,``,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

aAny questions or comments, leave them below. Going over to pie's place. Dude threw out his back and looks like good ol' JJ is here to save the day. :) Jus one more section until my challenge is compete. :)

• fangirling Yay for Scar and Jackson! XD You're writing their relationship well and it's been nice to see it develop. I think I'm like Tim: now he's proposed, I'm all for Jackson, but before I was still a bit unsure of him. Ooh, I wonder what they're wedding will be like. Definitely not stereotypical!

One question: what's a Keruig? I googled it and found coffee, so I'm wondering if it's coffee?

EMMYPESS posted: »

Snow went around the room, adjusting the scarves of her four grandchildren. "Don't forget to get that Keurig, Rose has been bugging me si

• edited December 2014

Seriously, the way you write your characters is just excellent.

After realizing he'd been awake this entire time, the guard willingly fell back to sleep.

Which makes me think that Grimble must just have loads of dreams where he's having everyday conversations with people. And,

Rose? This is your sister, Snow White.

Does Snow think Rose wouldn't know who she was she just said 'it's Snow'?

They're believable idiosyncrasies and I just love them. xD Anyway, Fayde is a ghost! And after just writing her name I realize it must be a reference to her being a ghost! The more we find out about her, the more I like her.

Tez strikes me as quite the lover, and Rose too. The romancing is fine; Pie has a good point about the babies!

I was going to include some twists this chapter, but I decided to save the unexpected for the next part instead. Nevertheless, enjoy! Cha

• You really know how to expand character's lives, Pie. Adding details and events that make them believable, even if it's not always sunshine and rainbows. The more we find out about John and Nancy, the more it becomes clear just how much hope they could be pinning on Georgie. If Georgie weren't to change, it really wouldn't be just his life that would be badly effected.

Thankfully, we know Georgie most certainly does it. :)

Prologue The alarm clock near the bed rang loudly in the early morning. Georgie, forgetting where he was at that moment, flung himself fo

• Whoa, Junior's got the tattoos on him! That red really draws your eye. Junior can't cover this up easily - I wonder how everyone will react when they find out.

• Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays everyone!

Alt text

Honestly, I'd send you all cards if I didn't think the postal service would get me huffy about writing your username and then 'America' for the address. Instead, hopefully this gif will make up for it. Certainly, I'm entertained. xD

Wherever you are, do have a wonderful time. You're all absolutely brilliant and I wish you all the best! The thread wouldn't be the same without any of you, or your amazing creations, and so I say thanks to you all. :)

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to stare at that gif for a while. On, off. On, off. On, off. On, off. I'm very easy to by presents for, as you may have guessed. :3

• Indeed, we all know Lyla and Georgie become one. :3 But I've had questions about life after the CM, the road that led Georgie into Lyla's arms and the story behind John and Nancy's reaction to Georgie. I would seem like they are pushing for Georgie to change; his decision to stick around will determine the fate of thir daughter. Nancy knows the truth behind their relationship; it's John, who sadly assumed it was friendship and not love and has a difficult time when he finds out the truth.

I'll cover that later in future chapters. I'm glad its all making sense and coming togther. :)

You really know how to expand character's lives, Pie. Adding details and events that make them believable, even if it's not always sunshine

• Ah yes...Junior and his lovely 'marks.' Everyone knows about the one on his back but the others ONLY appear when Junior is sad, afraid or Mary senses he is in danger. The next few pages will explain more. :)

I was sad cause I don't have the markers for the skin; to add that pop, the red will do for now. Glad you like it.

Whoa, Junior's got the tattoos on him! That red really draws your eye. Junior can't cover this up easily - I wonder how everyone will react when they find out.

• Happy holidays to you as well, Noir and to everyone else on this wonderful thread.

To be honest, I never meant to stay very long; only cover the 1st part of my Fable story and call it good. But you've all been so wonderful and very talented people, that I'm glad I stuck around for so long. :) It has been a blast continuing the Porgie Clan and reading all of your Fables just come to life. Here is to a New Year, new Fables and new memories. You guys are the best.

cough And a season 2 or DLC news for TWAU cough

-stares at gif- Hmmmm...Noir is right....all them lights....xD

Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays everyone! Honestly, I'd send you all cards if I didn't think the postal service would get me huffy a

• A Keurig is a coffee maker that uses pods instead of a regular coffee maker that you would have to put a filter and scoop the coffee grinds in. My parents got one as a Wedding Gift two years ago and it was probably the best gift they recieved XD It's a little expensive though, the cups tend to be a little more than if you were to buy regular grinds, but you can also get a reusable cup to scoop grinds into if you want/need to. Like, if you have special coffee that isn't made into K-cups, then you would use it. Or, if you've hit a particularly poor spot (Such as my family is in right now, mostly because of Christmas and my Dad's hospital charges) then you would buy the giant tin of grinds and scoop it yourself XD Generally though, you can also use it for your tea (Just don't put in any grinds and it gives you plain hot water) and sometimes I also use it for hot water in oatmeal if I'm in a rush. It's really handy XD

OTHER than that....XD Yeah, I'm with Tim as well. I figured I would make Jackson that rare 'few' that actually realize the amount of responsibility and love that goes in to having a child, and actually took it by the reigns and rolled with it. He might not have realized it at the very first, but now that things are much more settled and on a proper foundation, he feels secure and happy. They both do. Even though they're young, it's not impossible. Glad you liked this ^-^

fangirling Yay for Scar and Jackson! XD You're writing their relationship well and it's been nice to see it develop. I think I'm like Tim: n

• P.S.

This is mostly what my Keurig model looks like. There are a bunch of different ones, all by the same company. For variety, I assume.

Alt text

A Keurig is a coffee maker that uses pods instead of a regular coffee maker that you would have to put a filter and scoop the coffee grinds

• Ahha! I've seen makers like that before, but never used one. After your description - and the handy picture! - I finally have a good idea of how they work! I always learn something when I ask you a question. :3 Guess you have to pay extra for the luxury of having the grind readily measured out and stuff, but just to be able to have one that makes fresh coffee regardless of how it's inserted seems excellent! And it's more than just a coffee maker, going by the comments on how you use it. XD Oh, I need to get one of these in my life at some point. Sorry to hear about your Dad and the hospital, though!

It's a great reminder that, while there are people out there who you can't rely on even when they've got you pregnant, or that if you get someone pregnant that's something you've got to live up to, love really can happen so young and stay strong!

P.S. This is mostly what my Keurig model looks like. There are a bunch of different ones, all by the same company. For variety, I assume.

• D'awww :) I love Chip and Dale, they were my favorite as a child XD

I found a couple of amusing 'postcards', if you will:

Alt text

Alt text

Like Pie above, I hadn't planned on staying past the very first (Er, actually it was the second) post I made. For a couple of months I actually was very inactive to this thread, until I noticed a few of the other things DragonButter was trying to do (especially right before the release of each episode of TWAU) and it drew me in. I started writing again, and now we're here! You guys are all awesome, and although there will be a day when we probably stop doing this and lose most contact, there will still be a place in my heart that will reminisce the times spent on this forum!

Sorry for getting all gooey and serious XD But in all honesty, you guys rock!

Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays everyone! Honestly, I'd send you all cards if I didn't think the postal service would get me huffy a

• "You have no idea who he is, Jumbo?"

The husky man, holding a plastic cup of water, shoke his mighty head. His beard swung simultaneously as his head moved. Peter noticed his hands were trembling, as he tried to take a drink. Ethan was beside Michelle, as they searched the books.

"I told you, Sheriff..." His voice cracked as he spoke. "I....I have no idea who that poor soul was or why he ended up dead in my apartment!"

Peter holds up a picture of the man. "You've never seen him before? Maybe while you were working at the Pudding n' Pie. Perhaps he may have crossed a line and-"

Jumbo continued to shake his head. "No, Peter! I don't...I mean-"

Ethan looked up from the books. Sweat was forming around Jumbo's etes and forehead. His skin crinkled against his skull, as Jumbo tried to focus on the questions. Ethan too noticed the severe trembling the poor man was enduring.

"You mean what, Jumbo?" Peter slams both his hands down. "DO you know him, yes or no?"

"I don't...I don't really KNOW the guy-"

"ANY information will help us, Jumbo. This does not look good on YOUR part, if you're not willing to cooperate! A dead Fable is in YOUR apartment."

Jumbo takes a drink. "I know! I know that! Sheriff, please...I'm a bit shaken up by this! I just thought the door was stuck and-"

"The person who tried to get into your apartment-"

"I didn't SEE who it was! By the time I came home, they already did their damage. The three Maidens-they had their place broken into as well!"

Peter looks at his notes. "Yes....they called prior to us investigating your place."

"Maybe they saw something!"

"I checked." Everyone looks over at Michelle. "The sisters clamied they saw no one and nothing was stolen. Or, so they think..."

Jumbo points his index finger. "SEE!? I told you! This is bullshit!"

Peter rubs his eyes. "Jumbo...I'm going to ask you ONE LAST TIME....DO you know this man, yes or no?"

Jumbo hangs his head low. "He....he used to come into the club. Every Thursday night. Same girl, same drink. He never bothered anyone. He was just a lonely guy who needed some attention."

Peter writes this down. "Okay. Did you notice anything unusual about him, though?"

"One night, while I was in the back, I heard him and Georgie Porgie, getting into it-"

Peter glares at Jumbo. "My father-WHY?"

"I guess 'ol Daniel there was trying to pull a fast one; he had 'alone' time with the same girl but refused to pay. Apparently, all his golds and riches were drained when he invested them into stocks. He lost it all....he was desperate-"

"What happened to Daniel after that?"

"Your dad made me toss him out. He was not welcomed at the club after that night....from there on, I heard it was down hill for poor 'ol Daniel."

Ethan closed the second book. No luck. He was beginning to think this would never work; a lot of the Fables had 'private' files and most of them were kept away in Cole's office. He was gone at the moment; Ethan needed to get into those files, should his name not be in any of the books Michelle found.

"Do you know if he had any enemies? Family members? Kids?"

"No, Sheriff. He had no one. All he had were his riches and when those were gone...he seemed to vanish, too."

"I FOUND IT!" Michelle holds up a book. "I found him! Right here!"

Peter and Ethan surround the girl. Peter looks over her shoulder.

"Who is it?"

"His name is Daniel, the Valaint Little Tailor. His story is set around his ability to be cunning, take great risk and went from peasant to king. He took out seven flies in one blow, which increased his social standing. He began spreading his name and conquest, thus collecting his fortune and creating a name for himself. He is highly intelligent and many Fables looked to him for guidance and the word."

"So, maybe the Folker killed him for the riches?"

Peter shakes his head. "Can't be. Jumbo said he lost it all..."

Ethan scans the pages. "Said he liked to take risks. I know the Folkers don't enjoy a good, um, 'joke' now and than."

Peter huffs. "They have that stick so far up their assholes....shit, man!" Peter slams the table. "What the fuck do Folkers want with a man like the Tailor?"

Jumbo holds up a finger. "Maybe he owed them money? One of the reasons WHY he wasn't allowed back to the Pudding n' Pie...."

"Alright, I'll head back to Jumbo's place and take another look around. Ethan, call up Swineheart and see what he found on that body. I'm going to need you to call Katie and Malcom."

"What for?"

Peter gets his trenchcoat on. "Because IF this is a Folker, it will be in THEIR files. Perhaps there is someone that fits the catagory. Maybe he did owe someone money."

"Then why go after the three maiden sisters?"

Peter huffs. "I'll be back. Call me if anything changes...." He glares at Jumbo. "Stay here for a few, will you? I'm going to have Michelle take some more notes down and-"

Jumbo nods. "Of course, Sheriff....certainly."

Peter heads outside and walks down the sidewalk. First, he needed a drink. A nice, long drink.

Holly was pleased to see Peter walk in. She was alone, as the music played in the background. She immediatly pulled out a glass and poured the Whiskey.

"Afternoon, Sheriff."

Peter smiled, taking a seat. "Holly. Wow...already know what I want, huh?"

Holly leans forward. "It's what keeps em' coming back, Sheriff."

Peter takes the entire shot in. "Wow. Don't know if that's a good thing or not."

Holly gently touches Peter's arm. "I like to think of it as a good thing."

Peter looks around. "Hmm. Slow day, huh?"

"Yeah, well, with word of that Folker roaming the streets, ain't no Fable comin' in here tonight."

"Junior here?"

"Not till later." She glares over at the mirror. "That boy creeps me the fuck out when he just walks in from that thing. Like, one minute I'm alone and the next, there he is."

Peter chuckles, as Holly pours another round. "That's BloodyPorgie for you."

"Any leads yet, Sheriff?"

"Not yet. I'm having Ethan go into the Folker community and see if Katie may have files on all the Werewolves in that area."

"And that guy-"

"Jumbo? So far, he's just information until something else comes up."

Holly wipes the counter down. "You think he did it?"

Peter stares into the glass. "To be honest, Holly...I don't know WHAT to think anymore. Just seems strange he'd end up in a bathroom and not the streets..."

Holly walks around the bar and stands behind Peter. She wraps her fingers around his shoulders and tightly grasps it. Peter's head falls forward, as Holly begins to massage his shoulders and neck.

"You seem tense, Peter. You need a break..."

"I can't just take a break, Holly. I need to solve this case."

"There are times I wonder why you even TOOK this job."

Peter could detect the desperation in Holly's voice. "Holly..."

"But, I know you have a job to do, so...you know...just, take it easy."

Peter turns his body to face Holly. He grabs her tiny hands and holds them in his. They seem to swallow up her fingers, as he gently pushes a piece of hair back. Peter tucks it behind Holly's ear, as she leans forward and wraps her arms around Peter's neck.

"Is this alright, Sheriff...." Holly presses her nose against Peter. "Or is this getting too close for comfort?"

Peter let's out a tiny growl, as he pulls Holly near. "Why, Holly-if I didn't know better, I'd say you were flirting with me."

Holly's eyes sparkle, as her hand gently tugs Peter's hair.

"Do you like it, Sheriff? You really seem tense...you need a break from this bullshit. I DO have a room in the back. Junior won't be here for a bit and-"

Before Holly could finish, Peter's phone rings. Sighing, he holds up a finger, digs into his pocket and answers. Holly, distraught by the interruption, heads back behind the bar.

"Hello?"

It was Gren. "Peter!? Where are you!?"

Peter stood up. He could hear Gren frantically try and move around. His breathing was heavy.

"Gren?" Holly paused when she heard not only Gren's name but the look upon Peter's face. He was as white as a ghost.

"Peter, where are you!?"

"I'm at the bar! Gren, what is-"

"They tried killin' her! Oh god! They're dead...there is so much blood, Peter! Half of them are missing body parts and-"

"CALM down, Gren! Who almost died?! Who is dead-"

"Sssh, Emily...it's alright. I got ya' sweetie-"

Peter nearly dropped the phone. "Emily? Where is-"

"She's here. At my apartment. Oh Peter...I went back to say how fucking sorry I was and-she was BARELY alive, Peter!"

Peter heads for the door. "I'm on my way, Gren! Just....hold on!"

Peter didn't stop when Holly called his name. All he cared about was his sister.

Just what the fuck was going on?

Any questions, you know the drill. Had time for another....guess you can do ONLY this when sitting up in bed, tending to your wounds. Yup. Fun, fun, fun....:)

• Happy holidays to you all! Happy new year and here is to many more memories.

I'm so glad I chose to stick around and continue writing stories. You guys are just the best! I'm like pie and Emmy-it was never meant to turn into something big. I originally joined because I fell in love with not only pie's stories but the thread as a whole. You all make people feel so welcomed and comfortable. :) and as Emmy stated: eventually we will all get busy and this thread will be nothing more than memories. But I'm having a blast now and you all hold a special place. It also brought me a lifetime friend out of pudding_pie. Amazing how we live in the same town! :D

Anyways, went off of the road there for a bit! XD Here is to more stories, fable related themes and I agree with pie: a 2nd season OR a DLC! Happy holidays and a wonderful new year!!

• Well I will be there in a few! :)

I loved the tension in the first section. I do not trust Jumbo because he seems like he is holding back on either information or who is behind the murder and harassment. Also how random that he ends up in YOUR apartment.

Ah and Holly and Peter ARE flirting with one another! How ironic, considering her past wit Big y and the whole thing with her sister. If god! I hope these two DO get together! All those little troll and wolf babies! XD

And shit! What the hell happened while Ethan and Peter were one!? This mysterious Folker is watching AND is indeed watching certain members of the Porgie Clan! I riot if Gren has ANYTHING to do with his, considering his past with Georgie.

Love it and can't wait for me! Interested to see what went down at the Pudding n Pie.

"You have no idea who he is, Jumbo?" The husky man, holding a plastic cup of water, shoke his mighty head. His beard swung simultaneously

• edited December 2014

Who says Fayde was looking at his butt? Ah, who am I kidding - she was probably looking at his butt. ;)

All will be explained in due time, my friend. All will be explained. (and what I have currently planned, anyway)

Babies are out of the picture for now, as I have something else planned. I think you and the others may like my idea when it's done! I'm happy you like the way I'm detailing their romancing, dude!

she was almost hypnotized by the movements of him and the mop itself. Flycatcher's booty had me like: I love Fayde and wonder

• Thanks so much again! And I wouldn't doubt if he actually did. :P

Snow probably thinks it's necessary to notify her like that, got to keep on reminding her in case if she forgets after a long night of partying or getting wasted. XD

I'll go more into detail about her ghostliness next chapter. Glad you like their romance as well!

Seriously, the way you write your characters is just excellent. After realizing he'd been awake this entire time, the guard willingly

• edited December 2014

1) AMAZING GIF. 2) I wish I could send you a card as well! Maybe I'll try sending a card to the UK to see what happens anyway. The recipient shall be: LupineNoir - along with the address: Somewhere, London, 3528 Baker Street. (I don't know, I'm just making things up XD)

• Lemme guess, it was the Fable Storyteller Awards that drew you in, correct? :)

(P.S. - you're awesome yourself, Emmy :P)

D'awww I love Chip and Dale, they were my favorite as a child XD I found a couple of amusing 'postcards', if you will: Like P

• Lack of fishnet leggings you say? I will most certainly fix this situation!

Glad you liked this chapter, Scarlett is most definitely alive. She doesn't die easily, it would take far more then a bullet to end her.

And really? Do I get a medal or something XD

Welcome back! I tell you, there's been a disappointing lack of hypothetical situations with OCs wearing fishnet stockings while you've been

• I love it so much ^-^ You draw these so well! Juniors eyes man! I didn't know that happened to him when Mary visited him! I can't wait for more!

• Yes! Those and those extra little challenges! They made me consider writing more, and now look where we all are!

And thank you :)

Lemme guess, it was the Fable Storyteller Awards that drew you in, correct? (P.S. - you're awesome yourself, Emmy :P)

• edited December 2014

Chrsitmas of 1789

Snow's quill stained the paper in the firelight. She was going to be working well past midnight, possibly into the wee hours of the morning. Crane's orders. She huffed outward, a cloud of cold breath escaping her. Even with the warmth of the fireplace, the business office was freezing. She pulled her petticoat tight around her body, trying to keep from becoming a block of ice.

It was Sheriff Bigby's first mundy Christmas, she remembered as she finished yet another letter. She wondered if he had any way of celebrating, or if wolves even cared about that sort of stuff. It would also be the 47th Christmas that she hadn't celebrated with her red-headed sister. Her heart ached even now, after so many years of being apart from one another. She rarely knew where Rose was, which was worrying enough in itself.

She stood to stretch, crossing the room with loose curls of black hair falling from her hat. It was snowing again, little flakes sticking to the window panes. She squinted through the foggy glass to see the cobblestone street below, covered in a thick sheet of white bliss.

Almost as if on queue, the Sheriff rounded the corner. She was shocked to see him so lightly dressed, a simple button down with brown trousers and...no shoes? She wondered what was wrong. Fixing the her curls, she dashed to the door and ran down the creaky wooden steps to the foyer of the building. She stayed quiet, so as to not wake Crane as she left through the front doors. The wolf was nearly at the corner of the street when she called out for him.

"Sheriff Bigby!" Her voice was mixed with strong wind. It felt like a blizzard more than anything. Her scarf blew past her, running away in the dark of the night. Bigby Wolf turned to look at her just as it happened, and his stony expression turned to mild exasperation.

It happened faster than Snow could comprehend. He was suddenly not a man, but a gigantic wolf. Just like the first time they'd met. His feet brought him quickly to the swirling fabric that still flew hastily through the air. His jaws chomped down carefully, catching it just before the other end of the street stopped.

Snow could hear the crunch of his paws as he reproached her, the wind mysteriously dying down to a dull flicker. Snow grabbed the scarf from his mouth with her mittened hands, holding it in the crook of her elbo. It had a bit of slobber on it.

"Thank you," She smiled. She was no longer afraid of him, not as she had been when she first met him in the Homelands. There was something about his pure yellow eyes that struck a chord in her. She almost reached out to stroke his nose, but then he was gone in a flash. Down the street, the same way he'd been going.

Such a strange man, Snow thought. Or rather, animal.

I felt like it. I hope you liked it <3 I had some time before bed, didn't quite feel like writing about the usual stuff, so I mixed it up. Still Christmas themed. Maybe I'll do a few more of these! In between every couple of chapter of my challenge, maybe.

• edited December 2014

Merry Christmas, ze dragons, ghouls, ferrets, and porgies,grendels!

• It was that time of year again. Cindy Lu Lu always enjoyed the holiday cheer of Christmas.

''Cindy! It's time to wake up sweety! Your presents are downstairs waiting for you!'' Cindy's mother Felijah yelled.

Cindy excitedly proped herself out of her flat cozy bed and dashed her way downstairs towards the Christmas tree.

''Yay! I can't wait to open my presents. What did you get me?''

''That's for you to find out. Just open them up.'' Cindy's father Jippy said.

Cindy grabbed an orange wrapped box from under the tree and began opening it.

''Wow! I can't believe it! You got me the Frozen Princess Elza and Anna collection set. I love you guys!''

Cindy ran over to her parents, smiled, and hug them.

''You're very welcome. See I knew she'd like it.''

Suddenly everything in the room started to disappear.

''Mum, Dad! What's going on!''

The room started to turn pitch black and Cindy realized she was only dreaming.

''This sucks. Tears came out of her eyes and her only mission was to visit the north pole to get what she wanted.

to be continued...

Sign in to comment in this discussion.